Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E13: Winter in Summer

nikita
  • Start Topic

2 minutes ago, SheTalksShit said:

I don't remember it that way, tbh. I think Corey was in love, at first, but shortly after they got married, he started to show signs of regret, certainly signs that the relationship was wearing on him. When Leah said she wanted to move somewhere else, get a trailer together, Corey blamed money as the reason they could not do so and said he did not want to sell his truck to do so. But then, Leah talked to her parents about it, who were willing to help her out with $ so she could buy a new, bigger trailer. She told Corey about this and he still didn't wanna go. He said he was staying right there. That, to me, indicates wanting out. By the end, he wanted out. Like Jeremy, he got sick of coming home to nagging, a messy house, a financial disaster, etc. 

Leah seems to have that affect on men - for the first few months, it's great, they fall in love with her, etc. until they move in w/her and share a bank account with her. Then they want out. 

It was probably a combination of the two. Corey moved out of their trailer the first time Leah cheated on him with Robbie, and when Leah realized Robbie had no desires to be a step-dad etc she tried to get Corey back. They waivered back and forth a bit, and they were going to doctors to figure out what was going on with Ali, and the stress of that brought them together. After they got married Leah was nagging and nagging and not contributing to the upkeep of the household and it came out that she slept with Robbie the night before their wedding. That was the point Corey was DONE. Had Leah been a good partner he may have turned the other cheek over the cheating, but it was obvious Robbie was going to be a side dalliance of hers for a while (and she ended up sleeping with Robbie while married to Jeremy).....Corey was just fed up. 

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, SheTalksShit said:

I don't remember it that way, tbh. I think Corey was in love, at first, but shortly after they got married, he started to show signs of regret, certainly signs that the relationship was wearing on him. When Leah said she wanted to move somewhere else, get a trailer together, Corey blamed money as the reason they could not do so and said he did not want to sell his truck to do so. But then, Leah talked to her parents about it, who were willing to help her out with $ so she could buy a new, bigger trailer. She told Corey about this and he still didn't wanna go. He said he was staying right there. That, to me, indicates wanting out. By the end, he wanted out. Like Jeremy, he got sick of coming home to nagging, a messy house, a financial disaster, etc. 

Leah seems to have that affect on men - for the first few months, it's great, they fall in love with her, etc. until they move in w/her and share a bank account with her. Then they want out. 

This was after the cheating, though. I think that really broke his heart. I believe he absolutely fell for Leah and when she betrayed him like that, it was hard for him to get past it. I think he would have stayed, for the girlses sake, and probably because he DID still love her. But the trust was gone. The happiness was gone. I felt really badly for the guy.

• Love 11
On 9/30/2017 at 11:24 AM, SheTalksShit said:

To be fair, filming for MTV has always been her job, so she's actually had a job for almost her whole adult life! She is gonna have to figure out another way to make money once this is all over, though, whether that be through nursing, making appearances, writing another book or whatever it is. Last I checked, in the adult world, you can make money however you wanna make it, so long as it's legal. I don't worry about Jenelle's ability to MAKE money, but I do think she WASTES a lot of money on men and the like. Which she may not be able to do once this is over. 

I'm not sure what custody of Jace is about for Jenelle, but agreed that it's about something other than Jace, himself. I think it was initially Nathan's influence, he's the one who kept really pushing for it and I wouldn't be surprised if that was bc some of Jenelle's monthly income gets cut and goes directly to Babs, for child support. And Jenelle was Nathan's bank. And I think it might be somewhat about money for Jenelle, too, and probably for David, too (Jenelle's his bank, now) but mostly, I think it's about pride for her. Pride and ego and honestly, viewers. "hey, i got him back, so now, you have nothing to bash me about!" And her way of telling Babs to go fuck herself. 

But it's never been about Jace. If there was ever any doubt about that, all you have to do is watch the scene where Babs said Jace is scared to David and Jenelle snapped, "Well, Jace is gonna have to deal with it bc David is here to stay!" There's the real Jenelle coming through, right there, MEN have always been her #1 priority and always will be. 

I think Jenelle might want Jace back partly cause she's pissed Barb is more popular with the viewers than her (this also includes her and the feelings of her string of loser boyfriends). Not like that's hard to do - and begrudges her any airtime or $ she gets from MTV.

Jenelle really wants to exude the whole success story, happy family thing for the cameras - which would include Jace. I guess that's the narcissism thing.

I'm 99% convinced without TM2, the custody of Jace wouldn't be an issue. She's got enough children under her motley care.

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, Jennifersdc said:

I think Jenelle might want Jace back partly cause she's pissed Barb is more popular with the viewers than her (this also includes her and the feelings of her string of loser boyfriends). Not like that's hard to do - and begrudges her any airtime or $ she gets from MTV.

Jenelle really wants to exude the whole success story, happy family thing for the cameras - which would include Jace. I guess that's the narcissism thing.

I'm 99% convinced without TM2, the custody of Jace wouldn't be an issue. She's got enough children under her motley care.

If there were no TM2 I doubt Jenelle would have custody of any of her children for very long. She would pop in to see Jace whenever she needed money from Barb or a free meal, Doris would have Kaiser in her custody already....she may still have Ensley (of course I don't think Dave would be with her without MTV).

• Love 14

Corey blamed money as the reason they could not do so and said he did not want to sell his truck to do so. But then, Leah talked to her parents about it, who were willing to help her out with $ so she could buy a new, bigger trailer. She told Corey about this and he still didn't wanna go. He said he was staying right there. That, to me, indicates wanting out.

@SheTalksShit it can indicate several things.

Cory has been a pretty frugal guy. He, like Jo and Gary, have always been about the future, securing the future, making sure he is financially stable and able to provide. Back then, there was no promise of another season of this show. Who could have predicted this show would go on for 7 seasons? They sure were not receiving six figure incomes at that point. Cory knew the only thing that was secure and definite was his job. He was going solely by the earnings of his job and what he could afford at that time. Unlike Leah, who was spending money without direction and in a haphazard way. Something that later became an issue with Jeremy.  I can't blame Cory for not wanting to acquire a loan from family or wanting family to have to put out money out. It wasn't as if him and Leah were homeless. The bathroom wasn't up to par, but it wasn't a danger either. Only because Princess Leah wanted to live in a better home did she cause that ruckus.  Cory needed a reliable vehicle to get to his job. The job that was putting money in his pockets. I didn't hear Cory say he wouldn't move, just that it wasn't happening at that particular time. Seems like no matter what kind of home she was given, she couldn't bother to tend to it and keep it from looking like a pig sty. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, SheTalksShit said:

Oh I think Leah will end up broke, for almost sure. She's always had a huge spending problem, even before the pills thing or whatever it was, she had spending issues, i remember it as far back as her first Christmas with Corey. I think one of the biggest things that drove Corey out of the marriage is all of the instability that is Leah - always wanting to change homes, change cars, get new this, get new that...Corey likes consistency and stability. 

And she's a smart girl, so she's able to spin things in such a way that make it seem like what she wants to buy or do is the only reasonable thing to do and anyone not on board is simply selfish. like when she wanted to buy a new trailer with corey, and have him sell his truck as a way to come up w/the money, she kept saying how the girls were getting too big to be bathed in the sink, etc. and how corey needs to put ally and aleah first, not his truck, etc. 

Not to mention, she can be very messy, lazy, nagging about what she wants, etc. 

I wonder if she and Corey would still be together if it weren't for the show. B/c remember, Corey found out she cheated bc Robbie sold her out to the tabloids - if she wasn't on the show, the tabloids never woulda been interested in that story. I sometimes wonder if Corey woulda been miserable but tried to stick it out or work through it. or, maybe they woulda eventually divorced, anyway, just not as soon as they did. 

And yes, I'm sure she'll have no trouble finding another dude with a good job, it's keeping him that i think might prove difficult for her. 

In Leah's defense the "bathtub" was a Texas Chainsaw Massacre looking thing in the basement of a trailer with a hose.

Good question - how do trailer's have basements? I know I saw it.

I think she's being better about money. Now has the cheapest (and for awhile) car then the rest of these ho's. She was spending a lot of MTV $ on the pillses. Only seen one Chanel handbag. It's pretty cheap where she lives (see West Virginia). If she saves her $ and smartens up to buy a few rental houses she should be OK (see also though - Leah). Unlike Jenelle and Amber - she's been pretty good with her selection of "soulmates" that have actual jobs and not spending all her $.

Another odd defense of Leah - I don't recall her ever gushing that either Cory or Jeremy were her "soulmates".

• Love 6

I just rewatched the scene about Leah and the aide topic. She is talking to her sister on the phone and her sister's response to Leah is the aide should have been put in place long ago. Leah responded, "Yeah, I know, but we wanted Ali to have her independence." 

There you have it, folks. Leah was told long ago about Ali needing an aide, but she put it off. Good job, Leah. You are pathetic. 

@Jennifersdc Leah has been shown in four different vehicles in three seasons. She then rents a van when she needs to take that chair to pretend she is using it.  I have noticed Leah has spent money on some quite expensive purses going by her social media pages. I think she is still spending because she has that child support coming in by both fathers and there is MTV money. She is not working and for sure there is no way she is investing it except in scam products. 

Oh, and she did refer to Jeremy as being some kind of soul mate on her Twitter page back when they were living together. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

@SheTalksShit it can indicate several things.

Cory has been a pretty frugal guy. He, like Jo and Gary, have always been about the future, securing the future, making sure he is financially stable and able to provide. Back then, there was no promise of another season of this show. Who could have predicted this show would go on for 7 seasons? They sure were not receiving six figure incomes at that point. Cory knew the only thing that was secure and definite was his job. He was going solely by the earnings of his job and what he could afford at that time. Unlike Leah, who was spending money without direction and in a haphazard way. Something that later became an issue with Jeremy.  I can't blame Cory for not wanting to acquire a loan from family or wanting family to have to put out money out. It wasn't as if him and Leah were homeless. The bathroom wasn't up to par, but it wasn't a danger either. Only because Princess Leah wanted to live in a better home did she cause that ruckus.  Cory needed a reliable vehicle to get to his job. The job that was putting money in his pockets. I didn't hear Cory say he wouldn't move, just that it wasn't happening at that particular time. Seems like no matter what kind of home she was given, she couldn't bother to tend to it and keep it from looking like a pig sty. 

That's true, but they were guaranteed to make some decent money once season 1 aired (they don't get paid until the show airs, from what I understand). Not nearly as much as they make now, but they were guaranteed somewhere in the mid-5 figures. IDK there were other things, too, that I don't specifically remember, but I definitely got the impression Corey wanted out for reasons other than Leah cheating. Like what you said, she couldn't maintain a clean house to save her life.  That's one of the things that I think has turned both her husbands off. And she's not just a little messy, she's a full-on hoarder and compulsive spender. And when something bothers her, she doesn't shut up about it, she keeps harping on it forever and makes all sorts of accusations if you don't do what she wants. And she's disorganized, never on time. And always complaining that you're not doing enough, in some way, when meanwhile, you feel like you're tolerating a lot of bullshit, already. So, I mean, after a while, yes, I can see how being with her feels more like a burden than a pleasure. I'm not saying I blame Corey for wanting out, just that I think by the time she filed for divorce, he was already long over it. 

Leah was probably better off w/her high school relationships, where you don't get to move in together, you each live with your parents and have separate bank accounts, so guys like Robbie never really had to deal with that. 

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, SheTalksShit said:

Leah was probably better off w/her high school relationships, where you don't get to move in together, you each live with your parents and have separate bank accounts, so guys like Robbie never really had to deal with that. 

This right here is so true. The person you share a home with is the person you argue with about bills, finances, spending, issues with the children, all the things that come up when you share an abode. When you date someone, you aren't having those arguments since those are not issues you are dealing with as a couple.  Leah probably sees Robbie as this guy who never argued with her or got on her case about much because what is there to fight about? They share no children and they never lived together. It was purely a sexual relationship on his part, and going by Leah's attitude, a guy who gives her sex is giving her the attention she craves. 

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Jennifersdc said:

In Leah's defense the "bathtub" was a Texas Chainsaw Massacre looking thing in the basement of a trailer with a hose.

I think she's being better about money. Now has the cheapest (and for awhile) car then the rest of these ho's. She was spending a lot of MTV $ on the pillses. Only seen one Chanel handbag. It's pretty cheap where she lives (see West Virginia). If she saves her $ and smartens up to buy a few rental houses she should be OK (see also though - Leah). Unlike Jenelle and Amber - she's been pretty good with her selection of "soulmates" that have actual jobs and not spending all her $.

Another odd defense of Leah - I don't recall her ever gushing that either Cory or Jeremy were her "soulmates".

she may have had someone set up her bank account in such a way that forces her to budget, like she might have it set up so that she gets a certain amount, weekly and is not able to go over that limit. 

• Love 1
23 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Depends on the kid, I guess. We've been taking our little ones to Europe (France, England, Austria, Croatia) since they were born and they love it. They'd rather go to Paris than Disneyworld. There are, after all, kid-friendly attractions in those places. We just do things the local parents do with their kids and pepper in some of the sites on top.

Your kids, too? My kids preferred trips outside of the country than to Disneyland. Our youngest was asked if he wanted to go to Las Vegas or Disneyland. His response was Las Vegas. Kids made fun of him for hating Disneyland. He only now enjoys Disneyland and he is an adult.

I didn't say Barb was drunk driving.  I was making the point that to me, the term "stable home" includes things that happen outside the physical perimeter of the house, to point out that incidents where the cops are called and Jace witnesses it are harmful to him even if they happened somewhere other than at Barb's house.  And besides, there were plenty of terrible fights in Barb's house that Jace witnessed. @StatisticalOutlier

There were fights in Barb's home. Barb wasn't arguing by herself. Each and every time it was due to Jenelle stirring up some fight. Those confrontations continued with the drop-offs. The demon spawn is the common denominator in all the fights and arguments that occur in front of Jace. Jenelle even tried to stir up a fight at Kaiser's birthday party all because Barb asked a question about going on vacation.  Jenelle never misses a chance to argue. Barb could have said it was a nice, sunny day and Jenelle would have argued with her. Since Jenelle doesn't live at Barb's and makes no visits at her home, there are no confrontations or fights in the presence of Jace. They are now all taking place at Jenelle's home with UBT.

Barb's home is a peaceful environment when Jenelle is not there.

I don't think we saw the trip to France on the show, but it's been discussed here enough that I knew it happened.  There were negative comments about Jenelle taking Jace to St. Thomas, but it seems to me that a kid his age would much rather go to a beach, or even to a local water park, than to France.

France has beaches, too. Beautiful beaches and plenty of families visit there.  Jace has been to various places with Jenelle AND Barb. They took Jace to amusement parks such as Disneyworld and to Florida beaches. I don't recall any negative comments about Jenelle taking Jace to St. Thomas except to comment that it would have been nice for Jenelle to take her mother there for a nice vacation for all that she has done over the years. It seems only the guys who have impregnated her get the gift of a tropical vacation.

Edited by SPLAIN
  • Love 14

I don't think Leah and Corey would have stayed together forever had she not cheated. I'm sure he fancied himself in love with her because they were young and had children together and she was his first or one of his first 'everythings,' but they really barely knew each other as she got pregnant after three weeks and didn't get along for most of their marriage. I'm sure he now realizes he was never truly in love with Leah and has only experienced real, deep love with Miranda, who is much more suited to him. He was certainly more invested than Leah was at the time, but I bet now he knows how lucky he is with his wife. I felt for Miranda so much with the cheating--not only was she cheated on, but it was with someone she has to keep seeing or hearing about in some capacity for probably the rest of her life, and someone who is clearly lesser than her in every way.

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 11

I watched this mess last night, and OMG, I was gleefully waiting for Leah's speech, and I had to fast forward through most of it because the secondhand embarrassment was just too much.

I will give her credit for realizing that trying to move cosmetics and motivating people to better their lives are two different concepts, but if she wants to be a motivational speaker, she still needs practical experience talking in front of people, and the speech she's giving doesn't have to relevant to her end goal. She could have given a speech on the benefits of fossil fuels (I know, bad example considering this is Leah), and it still would be helpful in her training. She was ill prepared to give the speech, despite the advance notice, and she half assed it just like she does everything else.

Leah, if you're reading this. PLEASE go talk to a counselor at a local community college. They are used to seeing people who have been out of school for years, and most of them offer some kind of tutoring or placement test practice for FREE. They can help you navigate a realistic educational course. They also offer basic speech classes that are pretty inexpensive. Quit jumping on bandwagons in which you have no idea what you're doing and therefore end up making a fool of yourself and wasting money.

• Love 11

The only speeches Leah should be giving are the ones that teach people how to deflect, side-step the truth, taking no ownership of your addiction and overall behavior, and how to raise your voice loud enough so everyone hears you say "monkey". 

• Love 6

Honestly, I do think Leah is kind of a lost cause, but it's so frustrating to see a spark of interest in her in something other than men and being told how pretty she is, but then see her so completely fail given her lack of preparation and research.

I mean, you could tell that not only did she not have a formal speech (she had just scrawled down a few motivational sayings and intended to wing it from there), she hadn't practiced speaking at all, like in front of a mirror, for example. She says this is what she wants to do, so why put forth such a pathetic effort?

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, Tatum said:

Honestly, I do think Leah is kind of a lost cause, but it's so frustrating to see a spark of interest in her in something other than men and being told how pretty she is, but then see her so completely fail given her lack of preparation and research.

I mean, you could tell that not only did she not have a formal speech (she had just scrawled down a few motivational sayings and intended to wing it from there), she hadn't practiced speaking at all, like in front of a mirror, for example. She says this is what she wants to do, so why put forth such a pathetic effort?

I hate to see any young mother waste her life away. You'd think as many times as she has been on the reunion couch in front of a live audience, she'd at least be somewhat comfortable with speaking to people. She gave a half-ass speech. How can you fail in that regard unless you just didn't care? Damnit, Leah is always lackluster when it comes to everything she does. Everything is half-assed whether it is cooking, cleaning, following through with Dr. Tsao's orders, her relationships, going to college. She just does the bare minimum and sometimes even that is not good enough. 

• Love 9
1 minute ago, GreatKazu said:

I hate to see any young mother waste her life away. You'd think as many times as she has been on the reunion couch in front of a live audience, she'd at least be somewhat comfortable with speaking to people. She gave a half-ass speech. How can you fail in that regard unless you just didn't care? Damnit, Leah is always lackluster when it comes to everything she does. Everything is half-assed whether it is cooking, cleaning, following through with Dr. Tsao's orders, her relationships, going to college. She just does the bare minimum and sometimes even that is not good enough. 

Well, I guess on the reunion shows, she gets softball questions and accolades from Dr. Dipshit, and also, the topic of conversation is her most favorite topic in the world- herself, and what a great mother she is.

I just can't stand people who swear up and down that some endeavor is what they really want to do, and then just completely blows off the legwork required. Leah is just lazy. She's one of the laziest participants on a reality show filled with lazy people. Sad.

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, Tatum said:

Well, I guess on the reunion shows, she gets softball questions and accolades from Dr. Dipshit, and also, the topic of conversation is her most favorite topic in the world- herself, and what a great mother she is.

I just can't stand people who swear up and down that some endeavor is what they really want to do, and then just completely blows off the legwork required. Leah is just lazy. She's one of the laziest participants on a reality show filled with lazy people. Sad.

Very sad.  

• Love 3
20 hours ago, Jennifersdc said:

I remember that place and it was confusing trying to figure out how the trailer had a basement.  I came up with a theory that maybe there was a house there before that burned down and they put the trailer on top of it.  I don't know.  Maybe? lol

6 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Whatever happened to Leah's mother and step father?  They used to be on the show all the time!  Now all I see is her sister.

I don't know, and I don't care. 

LOL! I am not even sure if they are still together, but I am 1000% sure I never want to see Lee-the-Wise on my TV again. 

3 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

I hate to see any young mother waste her life away. You'd think as many times as she has been on the reunion couch in front of a live audience, she'd at least be somewhat comfortable with speaking to people.

Leah often flounders during the reunion and after show tapings too, though. Unless a question is painfully straightforward, she often looks like a deer in headlights and then utters some response that has nothing to do with the query posed to her. She is just really not bright. At all. 

She needs a job that requires very little brains, but lots of smiling. 

• Love 10
22 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Leah often flounders during the reunion and after show tapings too, though. Unless a question is painfully straightforward, she often looks like a deer in headlights and then utters some response that has nothing to do with the query posed to her. She is just really not bright. At all. 

She needs a job that requires very little brains, but lots of smiling. 

Agree, plus, she's not willing to put in any work. I suck at public speaking, and making a speech for an MLM scheme is not my idea of a good time. But if I had to get up there and do it, I would have spent at least a couple hours watching some YouTube speeches on this or similar products, googling some background on the company (and the marketing material), and thrown something together. And I would have put in even more effort if I had goals of public speaking in the future.

But Leah had one job to do, which was prepare a speech, and she didn't even do it. There was no organization to her "speech", which she clearly admitted when she helplessly gestured to her notebook and said somewhat apologetically, I have some notes here, and tried to laugh at her poor execution as though it was funny to drag people out to listen to a speaker who had clearly put no effort into what she was saying at all. And it's not like the girl put Leah on the spot at the last minute! Leah asked for a role where she would do this, was given at least several days notice, and still couldn't manage it.

I mean, I guess she's not completely evil like Jenelle or Kailyn, but she's almost completely useless in most capacities.

• Love 12
On 9/26/2017 at 8:52 PM, GreatKazu said:

The only speech Leah could give would be one where she could say the word "monkey" over and over. 

She is truly dumber than a bag of rocks.  How does she remember to breathe?  

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Lm2162 said:

I don't think Leah and Corey would have stayed together forever had she not cheated. I'm sure he fancied himself in love with her because they were young and had children together and she was his first or one of his first 'everythings,' but they really barely knew each other as she got pregnant after three weeks and didn't get along for most of their marriage. I'm sure he now realizes he was never truly in love with Leah and has only experienced real, deep love with Miranda, who is much more suited to him. He was certainly more invested than Leah was at the time, but I bet now he knows how lucky he is with his wife. I felt for Miranda so much with the cheating--not only was she cheated on, but it was with someone she has to keep seeing or hearing about in some capacity for probably the rest of her life, and someone who is clearly lesser than her in every way.

Well her suddenly-bitchy attitude towards Leah certainly made sense after that! bc before that, it seemed like she wanted to get along w/Leah and didn't have anything personal against her, she just wanted Corey to have more custody bc of financial issues, etc. and was being supportive of her husband's desire to pursue such. But the next season, you could tell something had changed w/her and that her conflict w/Leah was personal. If I were Miranda, I'd be pissed off, too. 

• Love 7

I do think all of these West Virginia people (or at least on the TM2 cast) marry waaaay too early, tho, and I don't mean their age, I just mean, they all get married after only knowing each other for like, 6 months! it's ridiculous. and that's probably why there's all this cheating and what not. 

• Love 2
On 9/30/2017 at 10:08 PM, mamadrama said:

Depends on the kid, I guess. We've been taking our little ones to Europe (France, England, Austria, Croatia) since they were born and they love it. They'd rather go to Paris than Disneyworld. There are, after all, kid-friendly attractions in those places. We just do things the local parents do with their kids and pepper in some of the sites on top.

I'm sure it depends on the kid, but it hasn't been my impression that this is a group of people who are intensely curious about other cultures.  Maybe a step up from Leah's clan, but not a big step.

21 hours ago, SPLAIN said:

France has beaches, too. Beautiful beaches and plenty of families visit there. 

No doubt, but I'm sure the number of families from the U.S. who have gone to the beach in France is fairly small, and the number of U.S. families where the head of the household works in the deli at Walmart is even smaller. 

But do we even know what they did there?  It seemed like an odd choice to me. 

Also I thought that Barb’s family is from France so they went because of that connection.  I think it is a great trip to take.  Educational and family.  Plus going overseas at 7 is amazing 

• Love 10
47 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

Had a fucking good time. 

Do we know that?  I would assume they did, but I don't know anything about that trip. 

22 hours ago, SPLAIN said:

There were fights in Barb's home. Barb wasn't arguing by herself. Each and every time it was due to Jenelle stirring up some fight. Those confrontations continued with the drop-offs. The demon spawn is the common denominator in all the fights and arguments that occur in front of Jace.

Jenelle wasn't arguing by herself, either, and if a fight happened at Barb's house, it's because Barb allowed Jenelle to be there, and responded with a fight when Jenelle stirred one up.  That's my beef--fighting in front of that poor kid, in his home, and both of them are equally guilty of that.

• Love 1

To put a mobile home over a basement, you build a basement then put the mobile home on top. It's not unusual at all.

14 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Whatever happened to Leah's mother and step father?  They used to be on the show all the time!  Now all I see is her sister.

I have a theory on her mom. She and Lee separated for awhile but I think they are now back together. I don't follow any of them on social media, though, so I could be wrong about that.

Back when Leah was clearly using heavily and Corey was trying to get her to voluntarily agree to give him more time, he said that he wanted to be more involved during the school week and they would just leave the child support in place, do it outside of the court. She was considering it and I think she was willing to do it because the drugs were the most important thing in her life at that moment. She goes to dinner with her mom and tells her Corey's request, and her mom says, "That don't make no sense." She didn't support Leah doing it so Leah didn't do it.

Then, when MTV sent Leah to rehab for her anxiety, her Mom did a handoff of the girlses to Corey and said she wanted to fly them to see Leah at not-rehab. Corey said that he wouldn't let them go if she wouldn't tell him where they were going, and she called Leah, who was in a hotel room waiting for the bed at not-rehab to be available, and told her that Corey was planning on taking the kids permanently resulting in Leah returning home.

There was another scene, that Leah apparently didn't realized was being filmed by the large cameras pointing at her, where she admitted to her mom that she had a problem with drugs. She said something about needing the pain medicine after her epidural, but of course didn't call it that, and that she felt like it gave her energy. She further said that she told her mom that she thought she was taking too much and so she stopped. Her mom started crying and said, "If I thought you had a big problem I'd have told Corey meself."

Dawn interfered in Leah's plan to get sober, and if MTV didn't make her go, I don't think she would have. I also don't think she is currently sober. I do think, however, that Leah also supplied drugs to her mom. The rumor was that her brother-in-law was her supplier, and also that Robbie was a supplier. I don't know if either are true, but Dawn's attempts to keep Leah using supports my theory that Dawn was also using, and I think that is why Lee left for a bit. 

Even if she was not also using drugs, she was heavily trashed online for keeping Leah from getting help. There is codependence then there is supporting addiction, and Dawn wanted Leah to stay sick. She knew Leah was using and didn't support Corey keeping the girlses during the school week, for reasons that do not make any sense to anyone sober.

10 minutes ago, LBS said:

Also I thought that Barb’s family is from France so they went because of that connection.  I think it is a great trip to take.  Educational and family.  Plus going overseas at 7 is amazing 

That's my understanding, too.

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Do we know that?  I would assume they did, but I don't know anything about that trip. 

Honestly, I don't need that question answered. You can contact Barb and ask her. 

19 minutes ago, Mkay said:

It was mentioned at the reunion. It was a nice surprise.  I'm sure Jace had fun. Lucky him! I've never been.  

I have never been there either. My husband has mentioned wanting to go. 

I love Olive Garden spaghetti. All this mention of OG is making me hungry for that spaghetti. lol 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I'm sure it depends on the kid, but it hasn't been my impression that this is a group of people who are intensely curious about other cultures.  Maybe a step up from Leah's clan, but not a big step.

No doubt, but I'm sure the number of families from the U.S. who have gone to the beach in France is fairly small, and the number of U.S. families where the head of the household works in the deli at Walmart is even smaller. 

But do we even know what they did there?  It seemed like an odd choice to me. 

I genuinely don't understand why traveling to a foreign place is ever an odd choice? People like novelty. Maybe they just wanted to go to a strange place as relief from the monotony of their lives. Sometimes I drive over an hour just to take a walk on a trail I've never been on before. As was mentioned, supposedly Barb has some french ancestry, that would explain any curiosity about France. Maybe Jace is a big fan of the Asterix comics and wanted to explore the culture that produced it. Maybe Barb watched a Brigitte Bardot film in her youth, or saw a picture of the French Riviera in a postcard.  France is really kind of a cliche place to visit, American culture portrays it as exciting and exotic, we are constantly bombarded with books about French people supposedly doing things better than we are. I can't walk into a Barnes and Noble without encountering some kind of memoir about a random American moving to Paris... I'd find it more strange if they'd chosen to  visit like Peru or South Africa, not because those aren't exciting places to visit, I've visited both, but because the cultures of those places aren't as viewed with as much awe as French culture inspires amongst Americans. 

Edited by evilmindatwork
  • Love 13
43 minutes ago, evilmindatwork said:

I genuinely don't understand why traveling to a foreign place is ever an odd choice? People like novelty. Maybe they just wanted to go to a strange place as relief from the monotony of their lives. Sometimes I drive over an hour just to take a walk on a trail I've never been on before. As was mentioned, supposedly Barb has some french ancestry, that would explain any curiosity about France. Maybe Jace is a big fan of the Asterix comics and wanted to explore the culture that produced it. Maybe Barb watched a Brigitte Bardot film in her youth, or saw a picture of the French Riviera in a postcard.  France is really kind of a cliche place to visit, American culture portrays it as exciting and exotic... I'd find it more strange if they'd chosen to  visit like Peru or South Africa, not because those aren't exciting places to visit, but because the cultures of those places aren't as viewed with as much awe as French inspires amongst Americans. 

Exactly.

Nothing odd about any particular person traveling anywhere regardless of what kind of job they hold. I know a woman who is retired and she worked her butt off for years at a job that someone like Jenelle would turn her nose down at. That woman travels all over the world. Her husband died and he left behind a lot of money to her. She will take a friend or her daughters on her travels. Barb has a lot of money due to her MTV earnings. She is likely traveling to places because she has always dreamed of traveling. 

I am lucky to have had children who were pretty damn happy to go anywhere. They didn't bitch or criticize why we were traveling to any particular place. They were just happy to go out of town. They loved going to museums or places of history, spending a weekend out of town, spending a couple of days camping at a place like Yosemite, traveling abroad, or just a simple road trip to visit family in another state. Staying in hotels with a pool was enough to put a smile on their face. I bet Jace is the same way. 

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

Exactly.

Nothing odd about any particular person traveling anywhere regardless of what kind of job they hold. I know a woman who is retired and she worked her butt off for years at a job that someone like Jenelle would turn her nose down at. That woman travels all over the world. Her husband died and he left behind a lot of money to her. She will take a friend or her daughters on her travels. Barb has a lot of money due to her MTV earnings. She is likely traveling to places because she has always dreamed of traveling. 

I am lucky to have had children who were pretty damn happy to go anywhere. They didn't bitch or criticize why we were traveling to any particular place. They were just happy to go out of town. They loved going to museums or places of history, spending a weekend out of town, spending a couple of days camping at a place like Yosemite, traveling abroad, or just a simple road trip to visit family in another state. Staying in hotels with a pool was enough to put a smile on their face. I bet Jace is the same way. 

Agreed. I just don't find travel, of any type, a controversial choice. In my experience, people refrain from traveling because of lack of funds rather than curiosity. Sometimes they don't want to travel because of fear. Maybe Barb isn't an overly fearful person  and wants to spend the rest of the time she has on this world in a fulfilling way. My parents took us everywhere they went for vacation, some of those places were in different continents of the world. I am glad I got to travel as a child because it developed curiosity, tolerance, and a sense of wonder about the world. I think exposure to different cultures and ways of living can only be beneficial to Jace. It will teach him that the way Jenelle lives isn't the only way to be. Considering we know how sad his life is, hopefully that will give him hope for the future. 

• Love 8
9 hours ago, evilmindatwork said:

I genuinely don't understand why traveling to a foreign place is ever an odd choice?

It's an unusual choice, if you look at the numbers.  Two-thirds of Americans don't even have a passport, so they obviously don't travel internationally. 

12 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

Honestly, I don't need that question answered. You can contact Barb and ask her. 

To be fair, you did answer the question ("Had a fucking good time").  I was just wondering what the answer is based on.  I've never seen anything about what they did on the trip or why they went, other than comments here that it had something to do with her ancestry.  Maybe she's curious about what has led to the clusterfuck that is her life.

17 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

It's an unusual choice, if you look at the numbers.  Two-thirds of Americans don't even have a passport, so they obviously don't travel internationally. 

To be fair, you did answer the question ("Had a fucking good time").  I was just wondering what the answer is based on.  I've never seen anything about what they did on the trip or why they went, other than comments here that it had something to do with her ancestry.  Maybe she's curious about what has led to the clusterfuck that is her life.

2/3rds of Americans haven't been on a reality show called Teen Mom and banked away a tidy nest egg from it. A healthy chunk of people choose to travel: I can't log on to fb or tinder or Instagram without seeing some random's pic of the Eiffel Tower or the Big Ben or some mountain in Brazil, maybe Barb finally has the funds to do so. I don't need an explanation for why anyone, even Barb, wants to go to France. I went to Vienna last year, I had absolutely no reason to visit other than I just wanted to see it.

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, evilmindatwork said:

2/3rds of Americans haven't been on a reality show called Teen Mom and banked away a tidy nest egg from it. A healthy chunk of people choose to travel: I can't log on to fb or tinder or Instagram without seeing some random's pic of the Eiffel Tower or the Big Ben or some mountain in Brazil, maybe Barb finally has the funds to do so. I don't need an explanation for why anyone, even Barb, wants to go to France. I went to Vienna last year, I had absolutely no reason to visit other than I just wanted to see it.

I agree...perhaps Jace's taste does run more Disney than Europe (I know my kids' tastes do), but you know, Barb is the one ponying up for the trip, so she gets to pick. Plus, if Jace is anything like my kids, it won't really matter whether it's Paris, France, or Piedmont, North Dakota- if there's a hotel with a pool, they're sold.

• Love 12
1 minute ago, Tatum said:

I agree...perhaps Jace's taste does run more Disney than Europe (I know my kids' tastes do), but you know, Barb is the one ponying up for the trip, so she gets to pick. Plus, if Jace is anything like my kids, it won't really matter whether it's Paris, France, or Piedmont, North Dakota- if there's a hotel with a pool, they're sold.

Hah, I don't know what Jace's tastes are but I believe there's a Disneyland in Paris. Maybe they even went!

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, evilmindatwork said:

Hah, I don't know what Jace's tastes are but I believe there's a Disneyland in Paris. Maybe they even went!

There is! I don't have any idea if they went though. I just threw  Disney out as an example; I have no idea what Jace is into. Maybe Paris was his idea, who knows.

To me, there is a difference between someone who is a full time caretaker of a young child picking a vacation spot that she wants to go to, vs. where the kid would like to go, and someone who takes plenty of vacations without the son she doesn't have custody of, who, in a rare moment of inviting her child along, picks a place she likes vs. what her kid likes.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, Tatum said:

To me, there is a difference between someone who is a full time caretaker of a young child picking a vacation spot that she wants to go to, vs. where the kid would like to go, and someone who takes plenty of vacations without the son she doesn't have custody of, who, in a rare moment of inviting her child along, picks a place she likes vs. what her kid likes.

I thought Jace would like St. Thomas.  In the footage they showed on the beach, he looked like he was having a good time. 

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I thought Jace would like St. Thomas.  In the footage they showed on the beach, he looked like he was having a good time. 

Yeah, he probably did. Or would have, with better company. I don't have a problem with her taking him there, I just think she should be held to a higher standard than Barb is, for picking a vacation that he likes. If he had a great time there, that's good.

• Love 2

Whatever else they did, I hope Barb and Jace ate a lot of food in France. I don't know much about French cuisine, I'm more knowledgeable about German food because of my mom being German, but French food looks delicious. If I had the opportunity to vacation in France, I'd have food in my face constantly. I hope Jace was able to enjoy it.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Tatum said:

Yeah, he probably did. Or would have, with better company. I don't have a problem with her taking him there, I just think she should be held to a higher standard than Barb is, for picking a vacation that he likes. If he had a great time there, that's good.

If Jace is like a lot of kids, he loves being where there is a beach. Kids don't care if the beach is at a lake or an ocean. Hell, they don't care if it is man-made. We have a Hurricane Harbor about 45 minutes away. Lots of people from the valley go there because they live so far from the beach. We go there to get away from the beach. lol  Jace is probably happy to be anywhere away from home and school. Most kids get bored at home and want adventures. Traveling by plane is something all my children have loved growing up. I am sure Jace loves being in a plane. 

• Love 2

All I know is, there was that book out about why French women don't get fat a few years back and I definitely got fat in France. Of course, French women might not eat chocolate croissants and gelato *every day.* I did. And a LOT of cheese. 

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 13
On 10/3/2017 at 3:57 AM, evilmindatwork said:

I am glad I got to travel as a child because it developed curiosity, tolerance, and a sense of wonder about the world. I think exposure to different cultures and ways of living can only be beneficial to Jace. It will teach him that the way Jenelle lives isn't the only way to be. Considering we know how sad his life is, hopefully that will give him hope for the future. 

This is exactly what I hope for Jace. 

• Love 4