Type keyword(s) to search

9-1-1 in the Media

Meredith Quill
  • Start Topic

18 hours ago, SimoneS said:

I cannot believe that Angela Bassett is doing a tv show and is the lead actor, yet the promos skim over her and focus on Peter Krause. Talk about a sad state of affairs. Damn.

Yeah that is weird but maybe the promos are misleading that does happen more then you'd think...I'm just trying to stay positive especially since the show hasn't even aired yet.

I think the best part of these posters is that the female names outnumber the male names on that poster. I hope that they’re not the only two (I know I spotted at least two other females in the trailers).

11 hours ago, SnoGirl said:

I think the best part of these posters is that the female names outnumber the male names on that poster. I hope that they’re not the only two (I know I spotted at least two other females in the trailers).

Yeah that's a good thing; I just hope that Angela is used well in this show since it IS basically hers. Yeah I saw other women as well in the promos.

Here's the first stills from the "Pilot" episode; Angela plays Athena Grant.

here are the first stills from 9-1-1'a "Pilot" episode of Angela Bassett I guess they don't have a name for it.  I'm glad we finally got her character's name though I wish we had a last name too..

p1S3Smr.jpglYqz9dq.jpgkUNl0BT.jpgdNoNmkx.jpgDn2sLfb.jpg

and here's a gif I found I guess it's from the first episode of Angela's character Athena and I'm guessing it's her husband although not sure.

Edited by ESS
  • Love 1

New pics: finally we have Angela's character's full name: Athena Grant.

Upq3i0o.jpgLwpdxd9.jpg

Here's a behind the scenes video and a new pic of Athena

p3ojQmf.jpg

Edited by ESS

Looks like reviews are mixed.  USA Today liked it, TV Line hated it.  I'm watching for Connie- would watch Connie in anything so it would have to be pretty awful for me to turn it off.  Both reviews said the acting is good (as expected).

• Love 1
7 hours ago, break21 said:

Looks like reviews are mixed.  USA Today liked it, TV Line hated it.  I'm watching for Connie- would watch Connie in anything so it would have to be pretty awful for me to turn it off.  Both reviews said the acting is good (as expected).

As long as it doesnt have lightning fast story plotlines of main characters’ personal lives (Im looking at you Chicago Fire) I’ll probably be in too for Connie and Angela. Pilots are usually rough right?  I just want to see good rescues with heroes I can like. The only reason why Im nervous is because of Ryan Murphy. I think he hits or misses. Plus this is Fox. I have friends who refuse to watch it bc its on Fox. I hope it does well....

At least only one network hated it so far and it has mixed I guess it's not good, but it's not bad either..I'm watching for Angela so...I'm going to save my reviews and comments until the premiere tonight. You can't please everyone

Edited by ESS
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, ESS said:

At least only one network hated it so far and it has mixed I guess it's not good, but it's not bad either..I'm watching for Angela so...I'm going to save my reviews and comments until the premiere tonight. You can't please everyone

Truth - you can't please everyone.  Hopefully will be ok.  The cast is talented enough that they can save some bad writing.  X-files lead-in should help with the ratings.

13 hours ago, SnoGirl said:

As long as it doesnt have lightning fast story plotlines of main characters’ personal lives (Im looking at you Chicago Fire) I’ll probably be in too for Connie and Angela. Pilots are usually rough right?  I just want to see good rescues with heroes I can like. The only reason why Im nervous is because of Ryan Murphy. I think he hits or misses. Plus this is Fox. I have friends who refuse to watch it bc its on Fox. I hope it does well....

I hope it does well too.  Hard to believe that kind of talent would sign-up for a loser when they all have opportunities elsewhere.  We shall see.  I'm a little surprised Fox didn't trot them out on the talk-show circuit to promote it, but maybe they figure the names involved will sell it without much promo.

• Love 2

So, the Television Critics Association tour is starting up, and there was a panel on 9-1-1 earlier today. I guess the show really IS supposed to be more inspirational and hopeful than dark and depressing (well, the jury's still out on it being hopeful or inspirational for me). Ryan Murphy talked about how the cases are inspired by real life events (so I guess there is a baby that really got stuck in a pipe?). Murphy also mentioned how he was inspired to create the show after first responders helped save his infant son's life. 

Also, I didn't know that Angela Bassett is an executive producer on the show. I'm not sure if she's the only actress/actor on the show who also has an exec producing credit. 

19 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

So, the Television Critics Association tour is starting up, and there was a panel on 9-1-1 earlier today. I guess the show really IS supposed to be more inspirational and hopeful than dark and depressing (well, the jury's still out on it being hopeful or inspirational for me). Ryan Murphy talked about how the cases are inspired by real life events (so I guess there is a baby that really got stuck in a pipe?). Murphy also mentioned how he was inspired to create the show after first responders helped save his infant son's life. 

Also, I didn't know that Angela Bassett is an executive producer on the show. I'm not sure if she's the only actress/actor on the show who also has an exec producing credit. 

Yeah I heard about there being a true story about the baby in the pipe.

As for Angela being an executive producer I already knew that it came out within the first few weeks of announcing the show in the beginning. I think she's the only actor/actress who is EP.

7 hours ago, Raja said:

I have seen fast kills in the past but never the fast renewal unless they had already produced two seasons or movies. Were the numbers that good or are they locking in the stars for a reboot?

The ratings for this show are quite high actually. 

Here are the latest ratings for episode 2: 

Edited by ESS
On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 8:56 PM, pennben said:

uh-oh, re: Connie Britton's continued involvement:

Producer said she's coming back  to 911 but in a very limited role.  Hard to do 2 series at the same time.  She was the main reason I've stuck with the show.  Oh well.

13 hours ago, Chaos Theory said:

I like JLH but the show will not be the same without Connie Britton who was the reason I first watch the show to begin with 

Well Connie will be back on the show just not as a main cast member; she only signed for one season as a favor to Ryan Murphy.