Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Small World, Big Lives

Message added by Mod-LunarJester,

Culture Check: How can the tropes and stereotypes we apply to TV personalities impact our fellow posters, and how do we remain mindful of these effects while discussing them? Please review for more on stereotypes and tropes.

Culture Check: How can we express our opinions and consider the effect our assumptions may have on the people around us? What impact might speculation have on others, especially when we speculate about children or complex issues like neurodiversity?

• Start Topic

(edited)
3 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Tori and Audry were doing a talk to the camera scene, twins were present.  Tori described not wanting to set Amy off, because she can really go off.  Something to that effect.  Twins agreed.  They weren't trashing her, just saying, she can go off if she's not pleased with something. (In my world, that's not something that is said casually.  I think the fact it came from Tori lends it more credibility.)  Later, there was another reference, but, can't recall the details. I'd have to rewatch it.  I had previously thought that she only went off on Matt, but, as it turns out, it's others too.

Often, people with rage issues only do it with certain people.  Like they may never do it at work, but, do it a lot at home. Others will do it, with close friends, but, not casual friends.  I've seen both types.  It's usually not about a big thing.  For example, a total meltdown if the dishwasher is not loaded to their satisfaction.  Or, beating your car with a ball bat, when someone cuts you off in traffic.  I've seen both of those from adult men.  lol  I'm not kidding. We may never know to what degree that Amy goes off.  If it's really an issue, I do hope she gets help, because, it's a handicap.  Healthy anger serves a purpose.  

So, Amy's friends may not have witnessed what the family has seen.  I hope that if they have, they are honest with her.  Being yourself is awesome, but, demonstrating anger that is off the top....  I suppose we'll see how this pans out. 

This is the second time you have answered the same post from Literata explaining that scene, SunnyBebe.  I think too much is being made out of it. 

Just because someone has mentioned that Amy can "go off" doesn't necessarily mean that she has a "rage" problem.  It may just mean exactly what was said ... if Amy doesn't like something, she lets people know.  If someone comes from a family where emotions were not expressed openly, it might seem strange.  That might be where Tori and Audrey were coming from.  Sadly I think the Silver Fox was just letting Amy know he won't tolerate anything but sunshine and rainbows from her so I couldn't care less what he had to say. 

If Amy was really the kind of person you are talking about, I think we would have seen more evidence of it over all the years this show has been on the air.  This family receives way too much scrutiny and too many stories about what goes on behind the scenes have leaked out for such a dramatic problem to be kept quiet, in my opinion. 

YMMV 

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 15
30 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

This is the second time you have answered the same post from Literata explaining that scene, SunnyBebe.  I think too much is being made out of it. 

Just because someone has mentioned that Amy can "go off" doesn't necessarily mean that she has a "rage" problem.  It may just mean exactly what was said ... if Amy doesn't like something, she lets people know.  If someone comes from a family where emotions were not expressed openly, it might seem strange.  That might be where Tori and Audrey were coming from.  Sadly I think the Silver Fox was just letting Amy know he won't tolerate anything but sunshine and rainbows from her so I couldn't care less what he had to say. 

If Amy was really the kind of person you are talking about, I think we would have seen more evidence of it over all the years this show has been on the air.  This family receives way too much scrutiny and too many stories about what goes on behind the scenes have leaked out for such a dramatic problem to be kept quiet, in my opinion. 

YMMV 

Sorry, my mistake.  I overlooked it. 

• Love 1

The simple fact that Amy has never broken anything over Matt's head, tells me that she must be very even-tempered.  Some people keep their emotions inside, and express anger in a passive-aggressive way.  If Amy lets people know when she's not happy about something, I think that's a good thing, and whole lot healthier.

• Love 18
(edited)

I know rage.  Rage is pulling a gun on another driver who ticks you off.  Rage is trying to kill your own child.  Rage is ripping a birthday present shirt in two because you don't like it's design or color.  Rage is throwing a child down an escalator. 

Amy apparently verbally and facially expresses her disagreement at times.  It appeared that the two brides got the weddings that they wanted.  I seem to remember that Tori  wanted something rather large moved on the farm to be different from Audrey and Jeremy and it was moved.  Maybe Amy gets a little snippy now and again.  As Honey said she hasn't broken anything over Matt's head and that has to be an accomplishment.  I don't think we can ascribe rage to Amy without having actually seen any signs of it.  Momentary short temperedness or even anger is not rage in my view of life.

Edited by Absolom
missed a wod
  • Love 16
(edited)

Oh, Amy. Sigh.

She has every right to know how Chris is feeling, but I wish she hadn't asked. 

I do wonder how much of this was embellished for dramatic effect, though, as her recent social media includes Chris. 

That being said, I don't love his attitude. Amy's self-esteem has never been in the best shape, and it seemed to be further impacted by the fact that Matt didn't feel that the marriage, crappy as it was, was worth saving. So the fact that she perhaps got a little scared and wanted some type of commitment from Chris is understandable. I felt for her, especially when it looked as though she might have teared up a little.

I wish she'd kick him to the curb, but she's not the first person who's been frightened to grow older alone. I wish her strength and confidence.

Edited by Literata
  • Love 9

I've always thought Chris was a bit of an asshole, tonight confirmed it.  Just don't like him.

And it can never be said enough...shut up Jer & Auj.

Zach's reaction to cutting the umbilical cord was amusing..I don't blame him.  When did that become such a thing?

• Love 15
8 minutes ago, katycat74 said:

I've always thought Chris was a bit of an asshole, tonight confirmed it.  Just don't like him.

And it can never be said enough...shut up Jer & Auj.

Zach's reaction to cutting the umbilical cord was amusing..I don't blame him.  When did that become such a thing?

From day one, I've felt he had motives. But other than that, I was neutral. Tonight that changed...he is not so subtly letting her know he isn't into her. At least not on the same level as she is into him. 

I do wonder if they had a discussion early on regarding expectations. Did Chris say he only wants someone to 'play' with on the weekends? Did Amy mention she wants a serious commitment? 

• Love 6

Jer and auj will be the type of parents who know everything there is to know about parenting. They will be the type everyone despises. They will do/not do this or that because they want the best for the child. You know, unlike everyone else who will be second class parents.

Amy broke my heart tonight. Chris is a douche.

• Love 10
(edited)

Sully's news broke my heart tonite...I'm devestated?

Per her Instagram feed, he died about 7 weeks ago ???

I can't even???

Edited by Christi
  • Love 7

I'm sure we are all hanging on the edge of seats wondering where Jer and Auj will decide to move to. Will they stay in the town they are in? Will they move back to the farm? Will they move near Zac and Tori? Ohhhhhhh, I just can not wait to find out! Ugh!

Everybody in this ep irritated me except Matt, believe it or not. Zac is concerned about taking Matt's offer because it means spending more time away from the family? WTF, Zac.  It's called a full time job.  Coaching soccer a couple of times a week isn't going to cut it and if he wants to keep his marriage in tact he better grow up. Nothing like financial stress and a new baby to put marriage to the test. 

I wanted to slap Amy's blond friend. She's clueless. Did she really tell Amy that Chris was in to her and she needed to bring up the conversation of where the relationship was going? Well, we see how that went. Get a clue, lady. She has no idea what Chris wants and Amy needs to stop listening to her. I have dated guys like Chris my whole life (until I finally met the one). They want to have fun. A casual relationship with no future. And as long as you are on board with their plan, all will go well, just don't rock the boat. It could go on for years but you will never get a commitment from them. Run, Amy, before you get your heart broken in two. You're not young enough to wait around for a promise he will never give. 

• Love 12

Zac is concerned about taking Matt's offer because it means spending more time away from the family? WTF, Zac.  It's called a full time job.

While I saw this coming, and suspect Jer will get an offer as well, honestly I can see why working for Matt could be... problematic.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, ZoloftBlob said:

While I saw this coming, and suspect Jer will get an offer as well, honestly I can see why working for Matt could be... problematic.

It's better than having to go out in to the real world and actually look for work. Neither Zac or Jer have done too well in that area. Might as well suck the teat and I'm sure Matt will pay them very well. 

• Love 2

Wow--Amy needs to run from Chris--what an ass. Clearly they are wanting different things. She's been dating him 6 months and they hardly know each other. My husband and I were married within 6 months--I get it, that's fast, but when you know you know. And we've been happily married almost 20 years. My point is-they just don't seem on the same page. Her feelings were clearly hurt and he didn't even see that. His casualness about where the relationship is going was so off putting. Like he did not have one ounce of feeling for her. 

And Zach--he had to think about whether he wants Daddy to pay him to work a real job? Are you kidding? He does realize part time soccer won't pay bills?  Listen, I like Zach and Tori--but I was in a relationship before where I did all the work, worked full time and he could barely keep a part time job. Let's just say it got old real fast when you feel like your partner isn't pulling their weight. I'm glad he stepped up and saw he needs to support his family. 

Also--the previews about upcoming ultrasounds seem to indicate the baby is a little person--I mean it seems like they are hinting that.

• Love 3

I dislike Jeremy more every time I watch this show.  His pronouncement at the beginning of the show that his family was "broken" was entirely unnecessary, especially from someone with little-to-no life experience, at least compared to his parents.  That comment had to make Amy feel like shit.  What are people supposed to do, just remain unhappy forever to please the self-proclaimed marriage experts?  I'm sure the reading on the Smug Meter is off-the-charts at their weekly "navigator's council meetings."  The condescension dripped from him during his visit with his mother.  Jeremy needs to focus on his own marriage (beyond the Saturday night staff meeting) and let his parents worry about their own evolving dynamic.  I'm no fan of Matt's and I think that Amy's communication style leaves a lot to be desired, but I must say that they seem to be handling things as well as can be expected, considering.

Zach's obvious reluctance to get a job (even those that are basically placed into his lap by Daddy) is frustrating and irritating.  How many of us would be thrilled to stay at home with our child(ren), without formal, gainful employment?  I cried like a baby when I had to return to work after three months of maternity leave.  Even that length of time would be a luxury for some people who have to return after six weeks.  Reality TV has skewed both boys' perception of real-life responsibilities and expectations.   

Chris is an asshole.  I don't know how Amy can't see that.  His sly little quips do not impress me in the slightest.  I like to joke around and gently tease as much as the next person, but I don't think his witticisms about needing Tabasco to improve the taste of the soup were cute at all.  A time and a place for everything, you know?  A dinner to meet Amy's best friends is not the time or place.  Chris makes my alarm bells go off, big time.  His comment that he's "taking it as it comes" was crushing.  He does not want as serious a relationship as Amy does.  Poor Amy was lying through her teeth when she said she wasn't looking for a serious post-divorce relationship when she met Chris.  He knew it, too.  He's going to hurt her so badly one of these days.

• Love 14
(edited)
47 minutes ago, MoodyGirl said:

And Zach--he had to think about whether he wants Daddy to pay him to work a real job? Are you kidding? He does realize part time soccer won't pay bills?  

The disingenuous thing is that of course Zach is making good money from the show and everything associated with it. So there's a scene like this and Zach comes off looking lazy ... when the reality is no one can refer to his actual source of income.

Edited by Literata
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Christi said:

Sully's news broke my heart tonite...I'm devestated?

Per her Instagram feed, he died about 7 weeks ago ???

I can't even???

Omg I had no idea! I don't follow them on Instagram and I havent watched tonight's episode yet so I had no idea. So sad! He looked so young. I loved Sully. ???

• Love 2

The disingenuous thing is that of course Zach is making good money from the show and everything associated with it. So there's a scene that looks like this and Zach comes off looking lazy ... when the reality is no one can refer to his actual source of income.

Yeah, I can't imagine that Zach being on reality tv isn't bringing in a comparable wage to Tory.

• Love 3

Chris is just rude. He was constantly making passive aggressive comments toward Amy. Amy was concerned about needing to change for HIM. That makes me sad for Amy. His total disregard for Amy's feelings while sucking down her food embarrassed me for Amy. Get out now girl.

• Love 15

Chris's snide remarks are going right over Amy's head. She's eager to have a new husband and her poor self esteem is making her feel like Chris is her only option. That, and in comparisons to how she was treated by Matt, Chris doesn't seem so bad. The asshole wants sex, tv income, and is drawn in because Amy's always doing something fun and different. He doesn't want to be with Amy for who Amy is. He doesn't want any woman permanently. If he were upfront about that, he'd lose the fun perks associated with Amy and would have to 'play' with regular ladies. So he leads her on with a we'll see what the future holds.  

Jeremy, toddlers love watching airplanes fly overhead. Anyone else catch Jer saying he's excited that Zack is having a baby, and Poj quietly agrees with a "yeaahh..."  Such a supportive girl that Audrey is.  Matt and Amy really don't seem to have a volatile, noisy divorce where one would want to shield small children from seeing, in fact it seems quite cordial.  Jeremy just doesn't want his child exposed to his parents dating and living separately, because that is the ultimate sin when your job is to sell marriage booklets on Instagram.

• Love 8

My thoughts on DAS and Zach. I think the key point there is that Matt mentioned it was "rebuilding and rebranding" and that we haven't heard a word about the step stool business since Mike died. I strongly suspect this is basically a made up job opportunity.

I also seriously expect Jer to get a "work on the farm" offer that ignores the show income.

And seriously, the hipsters really aren't wanting to live with Amy and they sure as shit don't want to live with Matt. And as much as I know this is mostly TLC production, I just really feel the need to point out that Jer has knocked up his girl and is publically contemplating living with his mommy. I also notice how neither Jer or Auj mention any need for either of them to well... work.

Dale Partridge and his wife appear without anyone mentioning a ministry and Dale mostly chides the hipsters for their indecision and clearly wants them out of Bend.

Amy needs to really consider how serious she wants to be about Chris. He doesn't seem interested in commitment. That's not a crime but she needs to accept tht it's not necessarily about her.

Matt was hardly in this. I'm not complaining.

Honestly tho? Not really interested in monotone Jer douching his way around home buying while Auj merrily shits on nice homes. Hey hipster married Roloffs? If you want a nicer home, then MAYBE you shouldn't vacation at the ski resort, the cool B&B, NYC at New Years, and Hawaii at a luxury resort. Because if you hadn't, you wouldn't have to even consider homes on a flight path. What silly douches.

• Love 9

Well, I am going to have to add my voice to the chorus of people warning Amy to forget about a future with Chris. He doesn't hear bells. And Amy wants a guy who hears bells.  Chris is not the one.  And that is not going to change.  I just hope he doesn't waste her time leading her on with the hope that he might feel differently one day.  He knows damn well he won't.  I can only hope those girlfriends of hers are giving her better advice off camera than what I saw tonight.  She needs support to get out of that relationship, not support to stick it out.

So Zach and Tori decorated the nursery themselves, that's awesome. It really looked like they brought in a pro. Good for them!

Jer and Aud can go live under a bridge.  Don't care.  

• Love 16
(edited)

I thought it was odd that Matt was lecturing Zach about staying within a budget, and how much having a child costs. This from the person who admitted to often spending money on one project or big idea after another. Seemly without much regard to his wife and 4 children. At least Zach and Tori have jobs outside of the show. But does Matt lecture Jer? The one who is actually unemployed? Along with his pretty much unemployed wife? Nope. I might add that I have always been impressed that Zach bought a house several years ago - very level headed IMO. While Jeremy seems to have nothing to show for the money he may have made over the years. Other than a useless degree of some sort. 

I take the scenes of Amy and Chris with a grain of salt. Though Chris obviously knew he was getting involved with someone on a reality tv show, I don't necessarily think the scenes we have been shown are 'real'. What guy is going to say on TV what his plans are for the next 6 months with the person he is dating? (I think thinking that you could do it, and actually doing it are two different things). Whatever he says will be scrutinized. These scenes seemed to have been filmed in early March at the latest as Sully (sob) is still there. But Chris talks about taking Amy camping the Memorial day weekend which is more than 2 months, closer to three months away. So it isn't like they are not making plans. I also don't think that it is likely that Amy had no idea that Chris had lived with someone for 7 years. I think that is for our benefit, and think much of their conversation is staged. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 3

While Jeremy seems to have nothing to show for the money he may have made over the years. Other than a useless degree of some sort. 

I kind of adore that Jer was in one of the last graduating classes of his school, that shut down because it was a diploma mill. And, you know, is NOT working as a photographer. Poor lil bitch.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I wanted to slap Amy's blond friend. She's clueless. Did she really tell Amy that Chris was in to her and she needed to bring up the conversation of where the relationship was going? Well, we see how that went. Get a clue, lady.

Yes, Yes,Yes! This gal is either wanting to set Amy up for heartbreak or is a middle aged woman who can't read a room or a man. Please see your way out of this relationship Blondie! Real friends, in my experience, encourage you to take the frigging first relationship post divorce nice and slow, allowing things to come in due time and never prop a friend up to broach 'where do we stand? Do you want a future with me in it?' topics at the six month mark. This chick isn't giving Amy solid advice and I think she enjoys her recurring weekly appearances a little too much. 

Audrey's affect seems flat and she appears disengaged to an extent this season. I, like 99% of this board, believe that they began having sweet fellowship on steroids to get pregnant ASAP after Zack and Tori had the spotlight on them. Nothing like procreating for the sake of competition. Sure, they want children but,no doubt in my mind, the timing was altered based on Z&T!s big news. 

• Love 7
4 hours ago, SuzyLee said:

I dislike Jeremy more every time I watch this show.  His pronouncement at the beginning of the show that his family was "broken" was entirely unnecessary, especially from someone with little-to-no life experience, at least compared to his parents.  That comment had to make Amy feel like shit.  What are people supposed to do, just remain unhappy forever to please the self-proclaimed marriage experts?  I'm sure the reading on the Smug Meter is off-the-charts at their weekly "navigator's council meetings."  The condescension dripped from him during his visit with his mother.  Jeremy needs to focus on his own marriage (beyond the Saturday night staff meeting) and let his parents worry about their own evolving dynamic.  I'm no fan of Matt's and I think that Amy's communication style leaves a lot to be desired, but I must say that they seem to be handling things as well as can be expected, considering.

Zach's obvious reluctance to get a job (even those that are basically placed into his lap by Daddy) is frustrating and irritating.  How many of us would be thrilled to stay at home with our child(ren), without formal, gainful employment?  I cried like a baby when I had to return to work after three months of maternity leave.  Even that length of time would be a luxury for some people who have to return after six weeks.  Reality TV has skewed both boys' perception of real-life responsibilities and expectations.   

Chris is an asshole.  I don't know how Amy can't see that.  His sly little quips do not impress me in the slightest.  I like to joke around and gently tease as much as the next person, but I don't think his witticisms about needing Tabasco to improve the taste of the soup were cute at all.  A time and a place for everything, you know?  A dinner to meet Amy's best friends is not the time or place.  Chris makes my alarm bells go off, big time.  His comment that he's "taking it as it comes" was crushing.  He does not want as serious a relationship as Amy does.  Poor Amy was lying through her teeth when she said she wasn't looking for a serious post-divorce relationship when she met Chris.  He knew it, too.  He's going to hurt her so badly one of these days.

I agree with each and every word you wrote! We must be twinning for life ;)

• Love 3
(edited)

I think the house-hunting was a farce.  My bet is they will actually move in with Amy or somewhere on the farm while a new house is built for them.

All of my life it's been called "a broken home". It's only in our PC world that it's become "modern home". (I heard that one on a TV show recently.)

No matter what you think of Zach and Jeremy they need time to adjust also. Divorce affects the whole family - not just the parties divorcing. These new relationships that their parents are in have thrown them a curve. It's especially difficult for boys and their mothers.

ETA: I'm in the "run, Amy, run" crowd. I don't think Chris is in it for money or celebrity. This is just a lark for him. Dude is much too low key for me. Has anyone seen him excited about anything? He seems to have one emotion and it's a straight, horizontal line. He barely worked up a smile for the fake snowball battle. Zzzzzz.

Edited by Ina123
  • Love 4

This is the second episode where Jer and Auj look and act faintly pissed off over their situation.

Caracoa1 - I am inclined to agree. If Zach and Tory had waited, Jer and Auj wouldn't have thrown away the birth control.

• Love 10
7 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I thought it was odd that Matt was lecturing Zach about staying within a budget, and how much having a child costs. This from the person who admitted to often spending money on one project or big idea after another. Seemly without much regard to his wife and 4 children. 

I was dying at this part. Renowned financial guru Matt Roloff! Oregon's answer to Dave Ramsey. The very picture of temperance and restraint. Nothing says "I've got this under control" like 3+ seasons of wailing "we're gonna lose the farm!" on basic cable. What an ass. 

• Love 13
41 minutes ago, ZoloftBlob said:

This is the second episode where Jer and Auj look and act faintly pissed off over their situation.

Caracoa1 - I am inclined to agree. If Zach and Tory had waited, Jer and Auj wouldn't have thrown away the birth control.

there was an episode where J&A were talking about how Z&T being pregnant and Jerk told Oddj that they had set a 2 to 3 year time frame and she says "no you said 5 year" he interrupts her and say "we are in that 2 to 3 year frame" so yes Zach and Tori changed their plans for them. 

• Love 5

Dumb bells JerPoj had it good when they lived away totally absorbed in their self absorbed douchey hipster interests,  living on Jer's TLC money.

Deciding to enter in the baby race was out of jealousy and not well thought out.

They could have had more than 5 additional years living like spoiled children...

Dopes...

• Love 8

Wow, Jeremy looked totally miserable (and needs to cut his damn hair) and it's evident that Audrey does NOT really care for the Roloff family.  They both seemed extremely judgemental  regarding Matt and Amy's divorce. Obviously Jeremy would rather have his parents together and miserable, or would prefer Amy live out the rest of her life alone.  These two need to grow up fast - this is the real world. Deal with it.  And Jer, you are no longer the golden boy of Roloff farm - get a job.

• Love 9

Wow! Forgot to mention how about that zoomed in frame of Jeremy's "Augpoj" logo toboggan? They sit on the steps, Amy joins with a welcome hug and BOING!, there's that logo.

• Love 1

I really don't get all the hatred towards Chris. Why is he the one that is being labeled a jerk because Amy wants something more (or different) out of their relationship? I hope he doesn't lead her on but he's seemed to let Amy know from the beginning that he is just looking for someone to hang with rather than marry.  She just can't seem to accept this & wants a future with him & wants him to feel the same way.   After just six months, she's ready to send out the invitations & he just wants someone to go motorcycling with. And I agree the blonde friend's advice isn't helping her any.  Amy needs to open her eyes & take to heart what he is (trying) to tell her. Parting ways now would be best for both of them. 

I brought this up last week - why can't Amy ask Chris to give her the example of when her temper flared?   Like I said before if it was me, as soon as he would have told me he saw my temper get up, I would have asked for details. Even one of her friends asked her about details & she couldn't answer.  Amy seems so scared of him which isn't good after being together six months.   

Also what was up with Chris just walking in Amy's house & making his way to her bedroom to find her?  Did he even ring the doorbell?  Why couldn't he have just hung out in living room til she came out?  I can't blame her for being surprised & taken aback. 

• Love 2

I don't think Chris is a bad guy and I don't think he's ding anything wrong. If anything, he seems pretty upfront with his comments. He's not looking for commitment and there are things he doesn't like about Amy. I'd be more concerned if he was on that "Lets get married and where can I put my stuff in your house". He's not taking this too seriously and he's being quite upfront about not taking it too seriously.

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

I think this is the first time we've seen Amy's bedroom.

I see Amy has learned to keep her kitchen and living/family room clean for the camera's but her bedroom and bathroom were a mess! At least her bed was made, lol. 

• Love 1
(edited)
50 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

I really don't get all the hatred towards Chris. Why is he the one that is being labeled a jerk because Amy wants something more (or different) out of their relationship? I hope he doesn't lead her on but he's seemed to let Amy know from the beginning that he is just looking for someone to hang with rather than marry.  She just can't seem to accept this & wants a future with him & wants him to feel the same way.   After just six months, she's ready to send out the invitations & he just wants someone to go motorcycling with. And I agree the blonde friend's advice isn't helping her any.  Amy needs to open her eyes & take to heart what he is (trying) to tell her. Parting ways now would be best for both of them. 

I brought this up last week - why can't Amy ask Chris to give her the example of when her temper flared?   Like I said before if it was me, as soon as he would have told me he saw my temper get up, I would have asked for details. Even one of her friends asked her about details & she couldn't answer.  Amy seems so scared of him which isn't good after being together six months.   

Also what was up with Chris just walking in Amy's house & making his way to her bedroom to find her?  Did he even ring the doorbell?  Why couldn't he have just hung out in living room til she came out?  I can't blame her for being surprised & taken aback. 

I don't get the Chris hated either. And six months of dating is way too soon to be asking for a commitment. I don't know of many guys who would have been comfortable with that conversation, and zero who would have been comfortable having it on a TV show. I would be more worried if Amy was with a multi divorced person who seemed happy to move as fast as she is. I do know a few guys who just can't be alone, and always pick the wrong person because they don't want to wait for the right one. 

I feel bad for Amy because I think her main problem is that she has been alone for many years, even (or especially) when she was married to Matt. She is more like someone who is dating after being divorced for many years, rather than recently divorced. 

I agree 100 % that Amy should have asked Chris for examples of her temper. That is the first thing I would have done. Mind you that remark would have made me mad (lol) and prompted that question automatically. 

Edited to add - ZoloftBlob, we are on the same page regarding being more afraid for Amy if the guy wanted to move quickly. Those kind of guys scare me - way too needy and dependent. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 4
34 minutes ago, ZoloftBlob said:

I don't think Chris is a bad guy and I don't think he's ding anything wrong. If anything, he seems pretty upfront with his comments. He's not looking for commitment and there are things he doesn't like about Amy. I'd be more concerned if he was on that "Lets get married and where can I put my stuff in your house". He's not taking this too seriously and he's being quite upfront about not taking it too seriously.

Agree with this. My discomfort is that now that he knows how Amy feels, if he keeps fucking her without making damned sure she understands that there's no commitment up ahead, that's not cool. By the same token, if Amy keeps fucking him while knowing he wants no commitment but hoping he'll change his mind if they keep fucking, that's just dumb.

• Love 8
36 minutes ago, ZoloftBlob said:

I agree.  And if he expressed commitment he did not really feel he would look like a jerk.  He is being honest.

• Love 2

Sigh...Amy Amy Amy.  Enjoy whatever time you want to with Mr. Bland Chris, but do not get any more emotionally invested.  If you can't manage that, than you should walk away from him.  He hasn't been very respectful of her feelings (IMO) and it doesn't look like he's looking for anything deeper than companionship.  Which is OK for him to want...he hasn't been married and may not ever want that kind of commitment.  But he should be honest and tell Amy frankly that all he wants is a girlfriend to do various activities with and ride his motorcycle and go away for weekend trips. Romance and sex may be part of the equation too.  For some people, that is all they want or need.  But Amy needs/wants more.  I don't blame her either.  She wants the fairy tale and whirlwind romance and a mutual level of emotional connection. She wants someone to adore her since it's pretty obvious Matt never provided any of that. Both Chris and Amy deserve to be happy in a relationship, but I don't think its with each other.

Of course Jerk & Odd want a unique name for their precious hipster snowflake to be. And of course they have hipster doofus friends with hipster children... the little boy's name is "Honor"...really???  It may be because I can't stand Odd, but she did not look engaged with those kids.  Lots of far away stares and "uh-huhs".  And I agree their house hunting was a total farce.  Are they looking to BUY or RENT?  If in the market to buy, I'd like to know if it's all TLC bucks for the down payment, because neither one of them can be pulling in wages enough to cover a $300k (or more) mortgage.  And how insufferable were they sniffing and sneering at the "older home"?  One of them stated they prefer "new" so it's less work for them.  Um, yeah, dummy!  So would every other prospective buyer, but here's a quick real estate 101 lesson for you; new construction in desirable neighborhoods, with no (God forbid!) planes flying in the vicinity COST MORE!  That is why many first time or young buyers look for a home with "good bones" and potential to expand.  It's called a "starter home".  So their complete ignorance of basic economics tells me those two buffoons will be moving to the farm (as planned).  Whether they have the balls to squeeze Amy out of her home or convince Matt to build them their "new construction" palace, they will be permanent residents on Matt's Pumpkin Compound soon. And they had better check the snotty attitude toward the "messy" family situation they keep bitching about.  People get divorced.  It's hard when it's your parents, but you are adults, not 3rd graders.  Where's all their Biblical empathy and pathos for (mostly) Amy & Matt?  Non existent because they are too busy looking down their noses at the "failure" of their marriage and passing judgement on the (gasp) non-marital, non-procreation, non-treehouse sex Matt and Amy, and their respective consenting adult partners may be having.

As much as I like Zack & Tori, Zack got on my nerves a little when he was hemming and hawing about taking a full time job because he didn't want to give up "family time".  I totally understand his hesitation to work for Matt (OMG, I can't even imagine the micro managing he'd do over Every.Friggin. Thing.)  But how does he think 99% of the rest of Americans pay bills and keep a roof over their families' heads?  It's called getting a J-O-B.  And most of us work way more than an 8 hour shift every day.  Nine to 5 would be a luxury for a lot of folks.  And trust me, the majority of those parents would also prefer to "stay with the family" and to work only 12 hours a week coaching.  In reality, not only do parents work a full time job, many have part time jobs as well!  AND they still find time to do volunteer work, spend time with family & friends, work out, do weekend warrior projects around the house...millions of non-reality TV show-having people have made this their way of life for generations.

• Love 2

Ijust find all the things unstated about why Jer and Auj have to move to Portland. Because really, no, they don't have to. Lots of people who get married and get pregnant don't decide their only choice is to move closer to their parents. Jer and Auj are two able bodied adults. Under most reasonable definitions, they have no real financial need to live with Jer's mom. Jeremy is paid by the show. That's why he and Auj don't have real jobs. They just don't want to deal with every day struggles like living in the house you can afford, but they also don't want the problems of living with Amy and on the farm at Matt's beck and call. And trust me, a whole lot of Jeremy living in Bend is Jeremy not wanting to spend every day standing behind Daddy, doing chores for Daddy. He's of an age where he can'tpush back on the chores because its now, rightly, a "Hey, you're not a child, you're a grown man with your own child sucking off your parents so you can at least do things for your family" situation. And Jeremy can't paint himself as a success at this point. He's got nothing but the show. Without the show, he doesn't have the money for the lifestyle he's been living and I'd love to see Matt wander into Jer and Auj's business and as much as he has been in Zach's. As in I'd like to see him snot to Jer how babies cost money, and how Jer needs to start providing and budgeting. And I will say it if Matt won't. If Jeremy seriously can't afford a house for his family, then maybe he needs to learn to not fuck with abandon and have unplanned children he isn't willing to provide for. ANd he doesn't like hearing how he's a sad sack of shit for being unable to provide a roof over his family witout begging his parents for help, then he needs to rethink his career. And maybe reconsider his ridiculous expenses.

• Love 3

Between the two of them JerPoj don't have the creativity, drive, or fortitude for regular jobs.

Not getting parental adulation for every stupid flight of fancy business idea they hatch means it is time to grow the hell up.

Tori will impress on Zach that the TLC money and her teacher salary(and her family insurance) will keep them and the baby housed, clothed and fed but she shouldn't be the only one working in their family.

When they have the second kid she will be done teaching.

If Zach were smart he would take one aspect of Roloff Farms and run it, like corporate events and weddings.

Leave the rest for Matt to lord over.

• Love 2

refresh my memory, Amy met Chris through a group of friends, the blonde & brunette friends have been a part of this Wednesday soup night & don't know Chris. Why has she not had this conversation with the mutual friends that set them up as to what's up with him, about the anger stuff, what he's said about their future.....instead of listening to someone that knows nothing about him. He was really caught off guard when she was "pressuring him" about the next 6 months. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

If Zach were smart he would take one aspect of Roloff Farms and run it, like corporate events and weddings.

Leave the rest for Matt to lord over.

But Tawdry wants to have marriage retreats (whine).

Amy's really only dated Matt and he rushed her to the alter. To her 6 months must seem an eternity. The reason to run from Chris is that they're in different places and he's really transition man, not forever man.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Ina123 said:

Wow! Forgot to mention how about that zoomed in frame of Jeremy's "Augpoj" logo toboggan? They sit on the steps, Amy joins with a welcome hug and BOING!, there's that logo.

I missed that one, but I did see the Augpoj logo on the slouchy hat JerBear was wearing. What is that all about? Are they a brand now or something? *rolling my eyes*

• Love 2