Type keyword(s) to search

House Calls: The Cast in Other Roles

starri
  • Start Topic

3 minutes ago, PepSinger said:

The O.C.

I've never seen it. I had to look it up. 

He'll always be "surfer guy paralyzed because Corday was in a hurry to get to her weekend away with Greene" to me. Complete with the very deep fake tan he had in that role. 

• Love 1
(edited)
On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 11:40 AM, RedbirdNelly said:

I just saw an ad last night for a new Netflix show starring the actress who played Sam

That's Linda Cardellini and she stars with Christina Applegate in a series called 'Dead to Me.'  It seems to be getting positive reviews.

I think most already know that Cardellini has a nice role in 'Green Book' which won the Oscar for best picture.  She was really quite good in it.

Edited by doodlebug
spelling
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, doodlebug said:

That's Linda Cardellini and she stars with Christina Applegate in a series called 'Dead to Me.'  It seems to be getting positive reviews.

I think most already know that Carellini has a nice role in 'Green Book' which won the Oscar for best picture.  She was really quite good in it.

I haven't watched Green Book yet but will. It took me a second watching the Netflix add to figure out "why do I know that person."

23 hours ago, doodlebug said:

I think most already know that Carellini has a nice role in 'Green Book' which won the Oscar for best picture.  She was really quite good in it.

I watched Green Book and I swear I didn't realize who that was until I saw the credits.  She'll always be Lindsay Weir to me.

Off to put Dead to Me on my Netflix watch list.

On 5/3/2019 at 7:25 PM, SoMuchTV said:

I watched Green Book and I swear I didn't realize who that was until I saw the credits.  She'll always be Lindsay Weir to me.

Off to put Dead to Me on my Netflix watch list.

I'm watching Dead to Me now. I like both of them but the plot is a bit different. I can't tell how I'll like it after 3 episodes but it's definitely 3 stars now and hopefully climbing.

I unwittingly saw Noah Wyle in films years before I knew his face. He's the science teacher in Donnie Darko, Amil from Swing Kids (the swinger-turned-Nazi), and Cpl. Barnes in A Few Good Men (the guy on the witness stand who got a "Code Red" for dropping his rifle). Never would have connected that all those were the same person. He plays small parts, but he plays them well. 
He's also in the super-corny, super-goofy Librarian trilogy, a low-budget made-for-tv series. Special effects are mad awful, campiness is off the charts, but they're a lot of fun. Good for watching when you're home sick. There's a TV show based on the trilogy that's more refined, with plenty of good-natured, fun fantasy stuff. Kind of like Doctor Who I guess? But not as science-fictiony. Idk

I've been catching a lot of the ER re-runs on Pop and will also sometimes catch an episode or two of House that comes on right after. I swear the guy who played Gallant (can't remember his name) played one of the military brothers in an episode.  Trying to remember exactly what happened since I don't pay attention to House as much but the brother had gotten in trouble for doing something illegal while on tour and Gallant was either trying to get him out of it but also hiding some kind of past information about their dad.....I should have paid more attention 😕

I'm watching episodes of Law & Order from 1991. That's the original flavor. I just looked up to see a young Maura Tierney, AKA Abby Lockhart. 

For L & O fans, Jerry Orbach played a divorce/defense attorney in the last episode. He had the same hairstyle he always had as Det. Briscoe (and as Dr. Houseman, for that matter). It was odd to see him as a lawyer. 

• Love 1

Dick Wolf liked to try potential actor out with having them guest star first, lots of Law & Order people first guest starred at attorneys.    

The actress who played Mark's daughter Rachel as a teen, and older was on L & O too, and her character was evil.      

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
12 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Dick Wolf liked to try potential actor out with having them guest star first, lots of Law & Order people first guest starred at attorneys.    

The actress who played Mark's daughter Rachel as a teen, and older was on L & O too, and her character was evil.      

Season 3, L&O: William H. Macy, aka Dr. Morgenstern. No mustache. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Broderbits said:

Also Season 3 L&O: Julianna Margulies in "Conduct Unbecoming"

I saw that episode a few days ago. 🙂 I found out I can order seasons of L&O on DVD through my library. I'm up to season five now. I'm not looking forward to the next seasons, though -- Benjamin Bratt is deeply annoying (but at least I have Briscoe and Van Buren). 

Michael Michele was so much better in the Law & Order (Sideshow) / Homicide crossover show I'm watching.     

The difference is huge, and I can only think that it was the way the ER character was written that was the difference.   I think Cleo would have been a much better character if the character was written differently.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
21 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Michael Michele was so much better in the Law & Order (Sideshow) / Homicide crossover show I'm watching.     

The difference is huge, and I can only think that it was the way the ER character was written that was the difference.   I think Cleo would have been a much better character if the character was written differently.  

I dunno, I was  big fan of Homicide: Life on the Streets back in the day and I thought she was terrible on that show, too.   Of course, she was playing a cop which requires a certain stoicism and I don't recall her being expected to play a romance; but I still thought her 'acting' looked more like sleepwalking.

Edited by doodlebug

The crossover episode was really different for MM, her face actually moved, she had real expressions and it was a lot better than Cleo.   It wasn't wonderful, but it was a little better.   

She was playing against Richard Belzer (Munch), so it might depend on chemistry with the person she's playing against too.   I never thought she had any chemistry with Eric LaSalle at any time.    

With the Cleo character, it seemed like she was angry to be on the show, especially after she had been on a few episodes.     Maybe she regretted signing up for more than a year?    Or she found something else she wanted to be on more?      

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
16 hours ago, doodlebug said:

I dunno, I was  big fan of Homicide: Life on the Streets back in the day and I thought she was terrible on that show, too.   Of course, she was playing a cop which requires a certain stoicism and I don't recall her being expected to play a romance; but I still thought her 'acting' looked more like sleepwalking.

I liked Homicide, and I thought she was a mediocre actress then, especially compared to actors like Andre Braugher and Richard Belzer. Michael Michele was awful when she played a non-cop guest role on SVU, too, and she was bad in New Jack City. 

• Love 1
Just now, Heathen said:

I liked Homicide, and I thought she was a mediocre actress then, especially compared to actors like Andre Braugher and Richard Belzer. Michael Michele was awful when she played a non-cop guest role on SVU, too, and she was bad in New Jack City. 

Yeah, I agree. Of course, most actors pale in comparison to guys like Braugher.  I do think that the fact that she got roles on ensemble shows with far superior talent made her deficiencies as an actress all the more glaring.

On 1/2/2021 at 12:25 PM, doodlebug said:

Yeah, I agree. Of course, most actors pale in comparison to guys like Braugher.  I do think that the fact that she got roles on ensemble shows with far superior talent made her deficiencies as an actress all the more glaring.

I happened to catch a season nine L&O/Homicide crossover today featuring the wooden one. Not only was she not even in the same stratosphere as Orbach or Belzer, the episode made it patently clear that her only task -- only expectation-- was to be a pretty face. I almost felt sorry for her. The episode sucked, too. 

I was watching a Major Crimes rerun, and Paul McCrane is a bad guy.     It was one of the humorous episodes, with a lot of famous actors from other shows at a retirement complex, and McCrane was playing a character nicknamed "Scarface" by the residents. 

1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I was watching a Major Crimes rerun, and Paul McCrane is a bad guy.     It was one of the humorous episodes, with a lot of famous actors from other shows at a retirement complex, and McCrane was playing a character nicknamed "Scarface" by the residents. 

McCrane did a great job as an actor in that episode, and he'd already directed a couple of episodes - and went on to direct several more - in the series.

He and Laura Innes both carved out impressive TV directing careers that started from directing episodes of ER and branched out considerably and to this day.

• Love 2
(edited)

Top Gun was on last night, and kind of fun to see Anthony Edwards, Michael Ironside, and Rick Rossovich all together on another project pre-ER.

Edited by Hiyo
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Hiyo said:

Top Gun was on last night, and kind of fun to see Anthony Edwards, Michael Ironside, and Rick Rossovich all together on another project pre-ER.

I find myself dismayed Tom Skerritt never made a guest appearance on ER; we needed Viper in the mix, too.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

I've been doing a series rewatch of Mad Men and I forgot Linda Cardilini recurrs in a later season. She looks good with the dark hair she has here asopposed to her ER shades (even with the 60s style) Of course I remembered Christina Hendrix was Abby's abused neighbor and Vincent Kartheiser huffed paint one episode where Lucy treated him.

On 1/14/2021 at 2:56 AM, Bastet said:

He and Laura Innes both carved out impressive TV directing careers that started from directing episodes of ER and branched out considerably and to this day.

I learned not too long ago Eriq LaSalle Salle has directed a lot of Chicago PDs and produces it. He has a good amount of TV directing credits including one of my favorite episodes of Lucifer (Wingman.)

It was not until it was mentioned during the recent reunion some of the cast did with Stars in the House that I realized the actor playing nurse Lily was also in a movie I've seen dozens of times, The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas.  As soon as that was said, I could place her in the film.  But until then, I'd never made the connection.

ER reunion with Gloria Reuben (Jeanie Boulet), George Clooney (Doug Ross), Noah Wyle (John Carter), Laura Innes (Kerry Weaver), Anthony Edwards (Mark Greene), Julianna Margulies (Carol Hathaway), Goran Visnjic (Luka Kovac), Paul McCrane (Robert Romano), Ming-Na Wen (Jing-Mei Chen), Laura Cerón (Chuny Marquez), Yvette Freeman (Haleh Adams), Conni Marie Brazelton (Connie Oligario), Ellen Crawford (Lydia Wright) and CCH Pounder (Angela Hicks). Skip ahead to the 15:30 mark for the beginning of the reunion!

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 3

With my usual nightly fix of The Golden Girls on in the background - the only thing I watch on Hallmark - I heard a promo for one of those godsawful movies of theirs coming up starring Gloria Reuben and Eriq La Salle.  A Second Chance at Love.  Sounds like the same dreck - just with Black folks, so, yay, progress - so no way I'd watch, but it's cute they're working together again for the first time since ER.

“We are so excited to reunite Eriq and Gloria in this all-new movie. With 20 years passed since they last appeared on the screen together, this heartwarming romcom will showcase their undeniable chemistry – a treat for viewers ready to see this television reunion. I’m looking forward to it and I know so many ER fans are, too,” said Lisa Hamilton Daly EVP, Programming Crown Media Family Networks.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Just a reminder, this Saturday March 26 at 8 PM ET, Hallmark Channel will air 'A Second Chance at Love' starring Gloria Reuben and Eriq LaSalle.

Edited by Rootbeer
  • Love 2

Kathleen Wilhoite (Chloe) was in Road House, that crappy Swayze movie from 1989. She had a hard time keeping her eyes off Swayze's bare behind. 

Don't judge me -- I'm trying to stay up all night (I work nights, but I'm off tonight) and decided to see what the movie was like. It's a stinker. 

• LOL 1
On 12/24/2020 at 9:10 AM, CrazyInAlabama said:

Hallee Hirsch. She's been on several shows---always evil. We refer to her as "the devil child". 

• LOL 1
On 9/3/2022 at 12:27 PM, DrSpaceman73 said:

Underrated movie. Don't remember him but haven't seen it in years. 

agreed; we love it. It's a small role. When Worm comes back he starts ruining Mike's reputation in a game with 2 Russians including Luka

The original series is a good six or seven years old now, starting around 2015 or so, but I have started streaming Bosch, based on the fictional L.A. Detective Harry Bosch in the many novels by Michael Connelly (there is a spinoff still airing called Bosch: Legacy, which I have yet to watch!), and two former ER actors have roles.

Amy Aquino (Dr. Coburn) seems to have a sizeable role as Lt. Grace Billets, and Troy Evans - who was, of course, in the pilot as a cop and later played Frank the desk clerk (who I think was a different cop beforehand?) plays...surprise, surprise...a police detective named Johnson, but informally known as "Barrel" (his partner is designated as "Crate", so "Crate and Barrel"!).

Evans and the actor playing his partner - with their nicknames - sort of provide some levity. As I said, Aquino's role was fairly prominent.

So, if you have read/liked the novels and Harry Bosch and have never watched the series, it can be found on Amazon Prime Video. (The newer series is on Freevee, formerly IMDB TV.)

Someone at Bosch must have really liked the ER cast. Besides what I mentioned above, I just spied Abraham Benrubi (Jerry) as a lawyer on the show!

He looked familiar, and I could not quite place him. But Amazon Video's X-Ray feature (that lists the cast) came through!

Law & Order, season 2! The episode is "Aria," and it has a two-fer: Maura Tierney and Lisa Nicole Carson. I didn't recognize Carson until I heard her voice, and then I looked twice. 

I'm watching very old episodes of L&O because my library system ordered them on DVD, and the shows are still good and mostly still relevant. For fellow fans, Jerry Orbach was in the last episode as a defense attorney. 

Troy Evans, who played Frank, now appears in the Bosch series, and Michael Connelly, author of the Bosch books, has tweeted some photos of the cast in support of the ongoing WGA Strike:

• Like 1

Laura Ceron (Chuny) appears in a Hallmark Christmas movie this year.  She is in Letters to Santa, which I thought was a pretty decent movie.  She plays the mother of the male lead and has a pretty substantial role, gets to speak quite a bit of Spanish, too.  She also looks gorgeous, the woman does not age.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 2