Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E19: Thank You and Good Night

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, WhoaWhoKnew said:

Cool, but beware the current OC season is garbage. The early seasons are great times though. 

Nothing more entertaining than Shannon losing her mind time and time again! She's gone off on everyone; Vicki, Kelly, & Lydia! How she hasn't been taken aside to check on her competence is beyond me! Blaming someone else for her becoming a "beast" will be laughed at by Vicki next week according to the previews! Kelly has a sit down with Shannon and the woman couldn't help going on and on about her weight and what others have done to her so Vicki will get an earful from her BUD after she's ratted out! ;-)

• Love 2
On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 6:51 PM, motorcitymom65 said:

Where has this been said? Carole asks folks when they come over if it smells like pee because she is concerned it does. Everyone has said no. Everyone includes both Ramona and Bethenny, two people who would tell her if it smelled like pee. Was it said in this episode it smelled badly? Maybe I just missed it. Her apartment was hot. They had an unusually hot couple of days in March. Really hot. So like most people, she probably didn't want to turn on the A/C in March. I don't when we have a couple of strange hot days in a season where I know it won't last. And Dorinda said the next day that it was strange because it was soaringly hot one day, then the day of the party it was freezing. Carole doesn't have screens. She probably never gave it much thought before she got the kittens. She had only had them for a couple of months at the time this was filmed, and it had been winter. So she hadn't probably intended to have her windows open. 

It is amazing reading all the comments about how the cats pee all over the place, and Carole lives in an apartment with no A/C. I just never got any of this from watching that scene, but maybe I should watch again. 

...and continue to ignore us all! Wow! ;-)

Well, say what you will about Lu.  To many men, the woman is hot.  She's got a banging body.  I don't think any man cares about her 'voice' (except those who feel it's kind of sexy and attrative) and yep, she's got a very attractive face.  And then throw in she's athletic.  Damn, I wish I had what is going on with Lu physically.  It's funny how different women may feel about what is sexy and what men think is sexy.  I think men find Lu very sexy.

I don't touch the kids, even though they're adults.  I don't think either of Lu's kids are on the show for celebrity.  I think the same holds true for Avery.  They're appearing for their mothers.  I think they're all nice looking.  Now, if they decide to go into celebrity by regularly walking in fashion shows, etc. then they're up for criticism.

• Love 14
8 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Both Luann and Tom said that there was no cheating during their marriage and I believe them, otherwise, there would have been photos/or some kind of proof of it. Yes, Luann is bad at cheating, she, like Tom aren't very good at covering their own tracks, which once again makes me believe that cheating wasn't the cause for their divorce. 

My vote in the poll was and continues to be a $ angle to this wonderful shitshow. Some of her reactions truly seemed sincere, so maybe it started with $$ angle, and she allowed herself to get caught up in the fantasy. Wish I could fast forward......

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, itsadryheat said:

My vote in the poll was and continues to be a $ angle to this wonderful shitshow. Some of her reactions truly seemed sincere, so maybe it started with $$ angle, and she allowed herself to get caught up in the fantasy. Wish I could fast forward......

I think Luann's fantasy is about love, fireworks, travel, romance.....not money (although I am sure she wouldn't be unhappy if the guy was wealthy). I honestly don't think they could stand living under the magnifying glass like they were. 

• Love 4

I think men find Lu very sexy.

Some men do, sure.

I think Luann's fantasy is about love, fireworks, travel, romance.....not money

I think money is just as much a part of Luann's fantasy as anything else listed.

With the occasional erotic pirate cosplay thrown in, natch.

• Love 13

In Carole's slight defense of her screen-free windows, she lives in what appears to be an older loft-style apartment in a likely historic building. I live in a very similar style historic building that was converted to lofts a few years ago---due to our strict bylaws here, we're not allowed to install screens on our windows. Mind you, I have a great AC and no critters or kids running around, so my windows are able to open when I need to just get some fresh air in here.

So Carole likely isn't able to get screens installed in there((HOA's/boards are notoriously picky in Manhattan)), but I'm still confused by the AC situation. It looks like she's on a very sunny street though and the natural light streaming in can get ultra warm on sunnier days; my loft turns into a hotbox sometimes too, hence my mega-necessary extra AC.

That being said, I've always loved and still begrudgingly love her apartment((that "little" place is an absolute palace compared to most typical Manhattan apartments, let's be honest)), although it's a damned shame how rundown she's let it get after the cats and Adam moved in---it's almost shocking to see the difference now, although maybe now that Adam's gone she'll get it redone and improved once again. After her big revamp on it a few years ago it was absolutely stunning:

http://thedesigndaredevil.com/2014/04/carole-radziwills-nyc-apartment/

• Love 7
19 hours ago, Cherrio said:

Luann had planned a bra collection "SAG Harbor"  but looks like Evine is dropping her.

The last 6 items are reduced from 60% up to 82%

That is an awful name for a bra LOL

• Love 19
40 minutes ago, Sun-Bun said:

In Carole's slight defense of her screen-free windows, she lives in what appears to be an older loft-style apartment in a likely historic building. I live in a very similar style historic building that was converted to lofts a few years ago---due to our strict bylaws here, we're not allowed to install screens on our windows. Mind you, I have a great AC and no critters or kids running around, so my windows are able to open when I need to just get some fresh air in here.

So Carole likely isn't able to get screens installed in there((HOA's/boards are notoriously picky in Manhattan)), but I'm still confused by the AC situation. It looks like she's on a very sunny street though and the natural light streaming in can get ultra warm on sunnier days; my loft turns into a hotbox sometimes too, hence my mega-necessary extra AC.

That being said, I've always loved and still begrudgingly love her apartment((that "little" place is an absolute palace compared to most typical Manhattan apartments, let's be honest)), although it's a damned shame how rundown she's let it get after the cats and Adam moved in---it's almost shocking to see the difference now, although maybe now that Adam's gone she'll get it redone and improved once again. After her big revamp on it a few years ago it was absolutely stunning:

She has those double height windows. I think she's on King St. I can't imagine her board, which she sits own, lets residents put in screens. 

I loved loved her remodel. It's funny because the redone apartment was loads better, but she really didn't buy or change a lot of stuff. If you look, you can see that she already owned a bunch of the pieces. The green chairs used to be white. She had them recovered in the greenish velvet. The console behind the le tigre sofa was already there, but with different lamps and art. She added the gold banquet and Jere sunburst mirror under the stairs. The chandelier was already there, but silver-leafing the ceiling set it off. She down-sized the size of her appliances, but reused most of her kitchen cabinetry and added the mirrored backsplash. 

https://cotedetexas.blogspot.com/2014_07_06_archive.html

I've included this link because so few of the before pictures ever show the kitchen.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Sun-Bun said:

After her big revamp on it a few years ago it was absolutely stunning:

I'm not a fan of the color choices, but it's a great space. And I covet, absolutely covet, the Marilyn photo -- it's one of the photos rejected from her final photo session with Bert Stern -- more shots here:

https://www.artsy.net/article/artsy-editorial-behind-the-scenes-of-marilyn-monroe-s-final

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, film noire said:

I'm not a fan of the color choices, but it's a great space. And I covet, absolutely covet, the Marilyn photo -- it's one of the photos rejected from her final photo session with Bert Stern -- more shots here:

https://www.artsy.net/article/artsy-editorial-behind-the-scenes-of-marilyn-monroe-s-final

Beautiful photos but one disturbed me. It was the one called 'Diamonds'. Granted it's stunning image but looking at the arm held up I noticed some marks that could either be freckles (I don't recall her having any) or were they marks left by injections? Just wondering. 

Thx for sharing them 

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Beautiful photos but one disturbed me. It was the one called 'Diamonds'. Granted it's stunning image but looking at the arm held up I noticed some marks that could either be freckles (I don't recall her having any) or were they marks left by injections? Just wondering. 

Thx for sharing them 

They're freckles. :-)

• Love 2
19 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Well, say what you will about Lu.  To many men, the woman is hot.  She's got a banging body.  I don't think any man cares about her 'voice' (except those who feel it's kind of sexy and attrative) and yep, she's got a very attractive face.  And then throw in she's athletic.  Damn, I wish I had what is going on with Lu physically.  It's funny how different women may feel about what is sexy and what men think is sexy.  I think men find Lu very sexy.

I don't touch the kids, even though they're adults.  I don't think either of Lu's kids are on the show for celebrity.  I think the same holds true for Avery.  They're appearing for their mothers.  I think they're all nice looking.  Now, if they decide to go into celebrity by regularly walking in fashion shows, etc. then they're up for criticism.

I bet they do.  She has an elegance to her.  And I bet she is one of those women that may not look as striking on camera as seeing her out walking down the street.  I bet she's still a head turner.

• Love 6

I am delighted that I picked such an awesome season for my initiation. However, like most others, I felt a huge letdown by the finale. I am going to miss this group so much. So we have to wait until next spring ... :-(

I also watch RHoBH but like this group better because most of them (well now ALL of them) are single. To me, constantly involving husbands in the drama sucks the life out of everything, especially when the hubs are either busybodies or bored to tears. I like that these women all have careers outside of being trophy wives or actresses.

My initial thoughts about the ladies changed quite a bit.

1.  My favorite is still Dorinda. How can you not love "CLIP! CLIP! CLIP?"  I like her house and her style and while some of her mean drunk rants are pretty low blows, she seems to have enough self-awareness when she sobers up to "make it right."  (I don't know the back story on why she appears to have such an axe to grind with Sonja, though.)

2.  BETHENNEY actually grew on me as the season progressed. I still think she's a whiny, bitter harpy who can't "get over it" (pot meet kettle) but once I figured out her personality and "humor," she didn't seem like such a bitch.  I had never heard of SG. They must not sell it in my region but it didn't really bother me. If I can watch the RHoBH always hanging out at LVP's restaurants, I don't mind seeing a SG snowboard.  However, it just sounds gross.

3.  Tinsley. I didn't like her at first or thought she added much, but her touch of eccentricity deflects the intensity of Bethenney and perceived perfection of Luann.  I hope Bravo keeps her around for at least another year. I don't want for her to change a thing (and she probably won't.) However, I am pretty sure that once somebody "puts a ring on it," she's history.

4.  Carole. Major drop in likeability. I can't put my finger on it. She seems sensible but she also has this air of superiority about her that rubs me the wrong way. I looked at the link about about her apartment and now want to cry over that poor sofa. I love cats and have had them forever.  Sorry, but you have to keep the little buggers' claws trimmed, not be afraid to use a water squirt bottle and introduce them scratching posts or other elements to avoid furniture disaster.

5. Luann. I still feel neutral about her. She is attractive and in great shape but I just don't think she's all that hot. I find her to be on the pretentious side and I don't feel one iota sorry for her for the mess she's in with Tom. Any woman with an ounce of common sense or self esteem could see from a mile away that that guy was a loser and player. Well, at least she's secured her apple for next season.

6-7. Ramonja. I can't decide which one of these two I find more vile but I think I actually have to hand that to Sonja. She gives off this vibe of sleaze that would make me afraid to use her bathroom or sit on her furniture (don't even mention drinking from a glass of brown ice washed alongside sex toys in the dishwasher.) Ramona seems to be trying too hard and like life is slipping by her and she is putting on a front. I am reading her book right now and it's really not offering much insight.

Eager to discuss the reunion!

• Love 8

I think Tins is just sad. She's trying to find happiness but doesn't even know what that looks like for her. She's not 25 anymore. Time to grow up, cupcake.

Ramona is just sad all the way around. I commented earlier about her comment saying " I know I'm rich and look great and you think that would be enough". Nope, Moaner, not even close.

Lu. Well, what can I say about that debacle?

Sonja. Well, what can I say about that debacle?

Beth. She's sad, bitter, hateful, cutting, crude, rude, vulgar and will never, never be happy with her life. I do hope that her child brings her some semblance of happiness. However, I believe she's raising another child just as screwed up as she is. Now, that makes me really sad for Bryn.

I won't watch another season of this nor will I watch another season of OC. Stopped watching Atlanta years ago, never watched any of the others so I guess I'm done. I avoid confrontation in my own life. I surely don't want to see any more of it on these stupid shows. 

• Love 5

So did anyone notice in the ending when they did each of the women's end story that they misspelled Tinsley's name as Tinsely???   Someone was at sleep at the switch there.....

• Love 5
1 hour ago, sasha206 said:

I bet they do.  She has an elegance to her.  And I bet she is one of those women that may not look as striking on camera as seeing her out walking down the street.  I bet she's still a head turner.

I think she's probably one of those women who can command a room.  She seems to have such a presence about her.  I've met a few women like her over the years, and they are the ones who can stop traffic.  It's an effortless elegance she has, IMO.   I thought she enjoyed the name 'Mrs. D'Agostino.'   It has a certain flare much like the name De Lesseps.  My Dad always referred to the high society folks as the 'poop-de-poops' (no slam on them, just a funny thing he says), so I think LuAnn enjoys being a poop-de-poop, and the name D'Agostino fit right in with that image, IMO. 

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

' I think she's probably one of those women who can command a room.  She seems to have such a presence about her.  I've met a few women like her over the years, and they are the ones who can stop traffic.  It's an effortless elegance she has, IMO.   I thought she enjoyed the name 'Mrs. D'Agostino.'   It has a certain flare much like the name De Lesseps.  My Dad always referred to the high society folks as the 'poop-de-poops' (no slam on them, just a funny thing he says), so I think LuAnn enjoys being a poop-de-poop, and the name D'Agostino fit right in with that image, IMO. 

Agreed.  Luanne, Sonja, and Beth all come from blue collar backgrounds I believe.  Luanne has marketing prowess that the other two only wish they had.  Luanne walks into a room like she owns the place. I remember her complete mastery over cocktails with Beth last year. Sonja wishes she had the presence and poise that Luanne exhibits. Beth, for all her financial success, still comes across as vulgar and shrill, like your local  cable "King of Carpet, Linoleum, etc."  Do you imagine that any upscale New York socialite has SG on the bar? Yes, Luanne is completely pretentious, but she nails the image.   Sonja can pretend all she wants, but the sloppy, slovenly, inebriated image will remain.  And Beth can plaster SG on all sorts of merchandise, but she will remain the discount "Queen of the Swill on channel 23' IMO. 

• Love 5
43 minutes ago, b2H said:

So did anyone notice in the ending when they did each of the women's end story that they misspelled Tinsley's name as Tinsely???   Someone was at sleep at the switch there.....

I missed that.  Good catch!  I'm sure people have botched her name her whole life.  

7 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

I missed that.  Good catch!  I'm sure people have botched her name her whole life.  

Yeah, but Andy doing it seems blasphemous.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ChitChat said:

My Dad always referred to the high society folks as the 'poop-de-poops' (no slam on them, just a funny thing he says), so I think LuAnn enjoys being a poop-de-poop,

Except for Luann is not a member of high society.   Never was, never will be.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, b2H said:

The synopsis for the Reunion Part 2 says: Tinsley (I have to go check and see if they typed her name wrong) opens up about her traumatic relationship with her ex-HUSBAND.

Maybe the editors have no clue who she is and don't watch the show

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, Cherrio said:

Yes, I think enjoys trying to, but in real life New York high society has no idea she even exists.

None of the NY HWs, including Tinsley, are considered "High Society"! LOL

• Love 4
3 hours ago, LadyK said:

Agreed.  Luanne, Sonja, and Beth all come from blue collar backgrounds I believe.  Luanne has marketing prowess that the other two only wish they had.  Luanne walks into a room like she owns the place. I remember her complete mastery over cocktails with Beth last year. Sonja wishes she had the presence and poise that Luanne exhibits. Beth, for all her financial success, still comes across as vulgar and shrill, like your local  cable "King of Carpet, Linoleum, etc."  Do you imagine that any upscale New York socialite has SG on the bar? Yes, Luanne is completely pretentious, but she nails the image.   Sonja can pretend all she wants, but the sloppy, slovenly, inebriated image will remain.  And Beth can plaster SG on all sorts of merchandise, but she will remain the discount "Queen of the Swill on channel 23' IMO. 

Um, I think you have Luann mixed up with Bethenny.  Luann has no marketing prowess or she would have been able to get some success out of RHONY. Her Evine line has gone nowhere and is now 82% off. Her singles have been meh.  Her book tanked. Meanwhile, Bethenny's success exploded to a point that Bravo allegedly changed contracts to get a piece of the pie from things that the Housewives sell. They missed out on Bethenny's success. If anything, Bethenny has the marketing prowess and Lu is the "Queen of the Tacky Clothes on channel 23."

• Love 13
12 minutes ago, diadochokinesis said:

Um, I think you have Luann mixed up with Bethenny.  Luann has no marketing prowess or she would have been able to get some success out of RHONY. Her Evine line has gone nowhere and is now 82% off. Her singles have been meh.  Her book tanked. Meanwhile, Bethenny's success exploded to a point that Bravo allegedly changed contracts to get a piece of the pie from things that the Housewives sell. They missed out on Bethenny's success. If anything, Bethenny has the marketing prowess and Lu is the "Queen of the Tacky Clothes on channel 23."

I  understand what you are saying Diadodchokinesis.   Beth has experienced enormous financial success from her ability to slap her brand on anything and everything.  No other housewife has had that same success.  Heather is close and she did it without the RH op.   We can all list the failed merchandising ventures.  What I was referring to, is the ability to market themselves as individuals.  I am guessing that many have no idea who Luanne is, but I expect that heads turn when she walks into a social venue. She has a commanding presence IMO.  Beth uses SM extensively, to portray a desired image, but her crass, vulgar behavior belies the image she is desperately trying to project.  Were I an executive with Jim Beam, I would seriously be reconsidering having her as the face of Skinnygirl. Her ongoing divorce saga, her snarling outbursts on the reality television which she continues to pursue despite the abundant financial security she enjoys are an unattractive model at best. 

• Love 9

Except for Luann is not a member of high society.   Never was, never will be.

Even if she does act like she was to the manor born, it's still an act. Fun and exasperating to watch, in equal measure, from a reality TV point of view. But still an act.

Also, I don't quite see Luann walking into a room and commanding all of the attention or whatever. Ava Gardner could do that, and Luann is hardly in Ava's league.

So much word.

• Love 7
On 8/13/2017 at 3:10 AM, ScoobieDoobs said:

So did she finally dump him or what?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4784796/Carole-Radziwill-rumored-split-Adam-Kenworthy.html

I figured those 2 were too stoned & lazy & passive to break up.  That was one really dull couple.

God,  I hope so. There was zero spark between the two.  He needs to move on and find someone to marry and have kids with. I'm pretty sure Carole's said he wants kid's and she needs to move on to someone who excites her in any way. I think she's someone who likes a challenge. 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Thx for sharing them 

Look at her less heavily made up photos , she had freckles. I have the same slimline freckle pattern. They are easy to cover up on my face,  but the older I've become, the more freckly my arms have become. 

Edited.  I see this has been addressed, but leaving it up cuz I like the photo.  :)

b8a4b4305e551217dc922cec6aeb85da.jpg

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 3
On 8/13/2017 at 7:53 PM, LadyK said:

What you're describing is less marketing and more just sense enough to shut up. Lu and Sonja are adventurous and charming enough to invite to a cocktail party. Everyone says they have fun when either of those two are around, but no one is buying a damn thing from either of them. You say that no socialite has Skinnygirl on the bar. They probably don't, but I can tell you conclusively that no upper middle class woman who occasionally gives to charity let alone a socialite has a single hideous Luann product in their home, guest home, vacation home, pool house, ski chalet, yurt, doll house, or dog house.

Bethenny has got a rapid fire rat-a-tat-tat delivery because that's what works for her. If she could have gotten by on her looks, she probably would have. Luann just stands there and looks attractive and laughs at men's jokes because that worked for her. You'll notice she never tries that with women. She's never had to be really witty or smart. Conversely Sonja is pretty good at the 10 minute kooky, sexy, funny, witty schtick because she was a hostess and a salesgirl those are sort of the intervals with which she had to charm people. 

Last year over cocktails wasn't LuAnn "owning" Bethenny. It was Luann being an ill-mannered oblivious asshole when Bethenny was ill and sticking Bethenny with the check. Luann sure "owned" Bethenny when she invited herself on a trip. Luann is quite lucky that trip never happened because it would have been awkward as fuq. Ownage!!! That's shit we have called other housewives out for doing. That doesn't make you a boss bitch. It just makes you rude.

On 8/13/2017 at 11:33 PM, LadyK said:

What I was referring to, is the ability to market themselves as individuals.  I am guessing that many have no idea who Luanne is, but I expect that heads turn when she walks into a social venue. She has a commanding presence IMO.

As much as I can't stand her, Erika Jayne is the person who fits this the best. I think her music is horrible and I think how she presents herself is a bit sad, but I read glowing article after article. She continues to get a ton of career opportunities that shock me. If Lu is so fantastic, why hasn't she been asked to do Dancing with the Stars. Lu has been putting out garbage music for awhile, but on the SNL sketch about RuPaul's Drag Race they chose an Erika song.

There is a reason why when the Beverly Hills Hos came visiting in the Hamptons Lu's thirsty ass was desperate to get invited to their events. She ain't got it. 

Beth uses SM extensively, to portray a desired image, but her crass, vulgar behavior belies the image she is desperately trying to project.  Were I an executive with Jim Beam, I would seriously be reconsidering having her as the face of Skinnygirl. 

Even if Bethenny is an asshole as long as the presentation of the actual product is benign, then it makes sense to stick with Bethenny because it's a weekly ad buy that Beam Suntory hasn't had to spend much of anything for. Two solid minutes on their product and they only had spend enough for 2 dozen bottles and branded glasses or they could spend $50,000 on a 30 second spot. 

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 13
4 hours ago, LadyK said:

I  understand what you are saying Diadodchokinesis.   Beth has experienced enormous financial success from her ability to slap her brand on anything and everything.  No other housewife has had that same success.  Heather is close and she did it without the RH op.   We can all list the failed merchandising ventures.  What I was referring to, is the ability to market themselves as individuals.  I am guessing that many have no idea who Luanne is, but I expect that heads turn when she walks into a social venue. She has a commanding presence IMO.  Beth uses SM extensively, to portray a desired image, but her crass, vulgar behavior belies the image she is desperately trying to project.  Were I an executive with Jim Beam, I would seriously be reconsidering having her as the face of Skinnygirl. Her ongoing divorce saga, her snarling outbursts on the reality television which she continues to pursue despite the abundant financial security she enjoys are an unattractive model at best. 

When I read your first comment,  I knew you meant personal branding. But I have to disagree on this. Lu excels at making herself likeable and memorable yes,  but she is nowhere near the name recognition of Bethany. Bethany isn't necessarily known as likeable,  but she's KNOWN in comparison to Lu. 

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

When I read your first comment,  I knew you meant personal branding. But I have to disagree on this. Lu excels at making herself likeable and memorable yes,  but she is nowhere near the name recognition of Bethany. Bethany isn't necessarily known as likeable,  but she's KNOWN in comparison to Lu. 

One could argue that Lu has presence.  She walks into a room and people will take notice. But that doesn't always translate into anything marketable. 

As far as the point that @LadyK made about Beam Suntory should reevaluate their relationship with Bethenny...  They knew what they were getting into.  Bethenny had been on the show for several years before they approached her about selling.  Also, they only have the alcohol line.  She still has all the other lines that she has expanded into. She is great at marketing herself. Sure, some people love her and others hate her but find someone that everyone agrees is beloved. Even Oprah has her detractors and she is the closest one I can think of.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, diadochokinesis said:

One could argue that Lu has presence.  She walks into a room and people will take notice. But that doesn't always translate into anything marketable. 

As far as the point that @LadyK made about Beam Suntory should reevaluate their relationship with Bethenny...  They knew what they were getting into.  Bethenny had been on the show for several years before they approached her about selling.  Also, they only have the alcohol line.  She still has all the other lines that she has expanded into. She is great at marketing herself. Sure, some people love her and others hate her but find someone that everyone agrees is beloved. Even Oprah has her detractors and she is the closest one I can think of.

I'm not so sure she would have gotten the deal she did had she, Bethenny, been this nasty before her spin offs. She wasn't as aggressive, or as, well, nasty her first 3 seasons on the show. Bethenny toned down her ugly side this season, she has made an effort to not be as aggressive/nasty this season and it is very noticeable and I think she did it because someone, be it her PR team or S/B, advised her she was hurting her brand. For her business, or any business, to grow, she has to attract new customers to her brand and I don't think she was able to do it acting the way she was prior to this season.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

I'm not so sure she would have gotten the deal she did had she, Bethenny, been this nasty before her spin offs. She wasn't as aggressive, or as, well, nasty her first 3 seasons on the show. Bethenny toned down her ugly side this season, she has made an effort to not be as aggressive/nasty this season and it is very noticeable and I think she did it because someone, be it her PR team or S/B, advised her she was hurting her brand. For her business, or any business, to grow, she has to attract new customers to her brand and I don't think she was able to do it acting the way she was prior to this season.

I have been witness to the way a company acts when they want to distance themselves from someone. It is not pretty. As far as I have seen, there has been no intent to distance Bethenny from Beam. They had their brand front and center with her, and always have. If last season offended anyone, they could have easily told her that they didn't want to be tied to the person she represented on the show. If they had told her to be good, she wouldn't have ripped off her clothes and jumped into the pool. I worked with the current President at Beam many years ago when he was far younger and worked at another company. He is tough and doesn't put up with a lot of shit that he doesn't want to put up with. He is also a marketing genius.  From what I have heard, they love the shit out of Bethenny. 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, diadochokinesis said:

The other thing Bethenny did first was she was invited on to the major Entertainment shows (Entertainment Tonight, E News, Extra) In every interview you see, SKG product will be in the background. On the rare occasion her product is not shown, it is mentioned at least twice during her interview or a few SKG cocktails are being sipped by Bethenny and the reporter.

Compare that to Luann - who throws an Evine launch party in June while not wearing her own dress nor her own jewelry. What a DUNCE! This so reminded me of She by Sheree - Fashions without Fashions showing. Think back to all of the interviews she did for her upcoming wedding (starting in April 2016) never saw Luann talk about Evine, her Countess Collection, Clothes, Jewelry, Songs, Books, Bedding. She really threw away multiple opportunities to hock her crap.

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, KungFuBunny said:

The other thing Bethenny did first was she was invited on to the major Entertainment shows (Entertainment Tonight, E News, Extra) In every interview you see, SKG product will be in the background. On the rare occasion her product is not shown, it is mentioned at least twice during her interview or a few SKG cocktails are being sipped by Bethenny and the reporter.

Compare that to Luann - who throws an Evine launch party in June while not wearing her own dress nor her own jewelry. What a DUNCE! This so reminded me of She by Sheree - Fashions without Fashions showing. Think back to all of the interviews she did for her upcoming wedding (starting in April 2016) never saw Luann talk about Evine, her Countess Collection, Clothes, Jewelry, Songs, Books, Bedding. She really threw away multiple opportunities to hock her crap.

The only time I can think of where Lu marketed her line was that awful metallic turquoise dress at the one reunion.  It was awful and looked like it cost about $20. 

People give Bethenny a lot of grief for constantly advertising SG but I think people forget that that is part of having your own company/product line.  You are your biggest promoter. If you aren't hocking it then who will?  You have to show that you love it and believe it and then other people will give it a try. Think about Reese Witherspoon with Draper James. She is papped constantly now wearing DJ stuff (and those pap strolls aren't on accident). Gwyneth Paltrow is constantly talking about Goop. Kate Hudson is spotted wearing exclusively Fabletics. And OMG, Jessica Alba and The Honest Company.  These celebrities will even do interviews and television appearances for no other reason than to talk about their product line. 

• Love 7

As far as I have seen, there has been no intent to distance Bethenny from Beam.

Doesn't matter how they perceive Bethenny. Either she brings in the money or she doesn't. So far, it seems she is bringing in the money, otherwise they would have dumped her long ago.

Hell you'd think she'd be wearing her line throughout the season. What better free advertising? And not just free, as...

People give Bethenny a lot of grief for constantly advertising SG but I think people forget that that is part of having your own company/product line.  You are your biggest promoter. If you aren't hocking it then who will?  You have to show that you love it and believe it and then other people will give it a try.

Don't forget, Bethenny/SG/Beam aren't just getting free advertising on the show...Bethenny is kind of getting a salary from Bravo for doing so! Not just free advertising, but getting paid to peddle her product and brand on the show. Call her a nasty bitch all you want, but that is some great marketing.

Luann would've had the same had she worn her outfits throughout the season. She doesn't spend anything for advertising her clothing, and is in fact getting paid for it. Hopefully Luann will buy a clue about how to market her product next season.

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 8
11 minutes ago, diadochokinesis said:

The only time I can think of where Lu marketed her line was that awful metallic turquoise dress at the one reunion.  It was awful and looked like it cost about $20. 

People give Bethenny a lot of grief for constantly advertising SG but I think people forget that that is part of having your own company/product line.  You are your biggest promoter. If you aren't hocking it then who will?  You have to show that you love it and believe it and then other people will give it a try. Think about Reese Witherspoon with Draper James. She is papped constantly now wearing DJ stuff (and those pap strolls aren't on accident). Gwyneth Paltrow is constantly talking about Goop. Kate Hudson is spotted wearing exclusively Fabletics. And OMG, Jessica Alba and The Honest Company.  These celebrities will even do interviews and television appearances for no other reason than to talk about their product line. 

Yep. Lu got more press leading up to the wedding than she had ever gotten before. She should have been talking up her other ventures. Someone said her clothes had been discounted steeply, but if she still had anything to hock, she should have been mentioning it when she was talking about her wedding. You have got to take those opportunities when folks are taking an interest in you to discuss the stuff you have going on that is important to you. 

1 hour ago, ButterQueen said:

The ignore function helps immensely.  ?

You are so smart (and funny, and insightful, and almost always right). I do need to do this, but I hate to miss out on anything! 

• Love 7
31 minutes ago, BBHN said:

Doesn't matter how they perceive Bethenny. Either she brings in the money or she doesn't. So far, it seems she is bringing in the money, otherwise they would have dumped her long ago.

Hell you'd think she'd be wearing her line throughout the season. What better free advertising? And not just free, as...

Don't forget, Bethenny/SG/Beam aren't just getting free advertising on the show...Bethenny is kind of getting a salary from Bravo for doing so! Not just free advertising, but getting paid to peddle her product and brand on the show. Call her a nasty bitch all you want, but that is some great marketing.

Luann would've had the same had she worn her outfits throughout the season. She doesn't spend anything for advertising her clothing, and is in fact getting paid for it. Hopefully Luann will buy a clue about how to market her product next season.

The problem with Luann's clothing line is "believability". She wore that hideous red lace brothel jumpsuit to a Holiday party and no one believed this was something she would normally wear. If she has a fan base on RHONY that she hopes would be future clothing customers, there's no appeal if they don't believe it's something she would wear normally - the damned line is supposed to be her "The Countess"

If she is in any way responsible for design and fabric choices - they don't say "class" and "taste" which is what she is trying to market with "The Countess" line

I can't believe I'm saying this but the few dresses Sonja has worn from her Invisible Life Style Brand look better than anything Luann has from her line.

At least with Nene Leakes and her clothing line - they are things you can see her wearing, same with Lisa Rinna. Melissa Gorga did jewelry and it was items people could see her wearing.

Luann could have advertised without wearing any of the clothes. Instead of saying I can't come because Tom & I are in Pum Beach, how about I can't make it because I am going to be at the Evine Headquarters, or I'm meeting with Evine to pick out fabrics. She should have done this at every opportunity. Let me check my schedule I might have something going on with Evine, I'm picking materials for my new statement necklaces.

• Love 12