Type keyword(s) to search

Season 1 Discussion

• Start Topic

39 minutes ago, AmyBre said:

Larry mentioned his emptying out his 401K once again.  He has done so in EVERY episode.  Literally.

and he was fake sipping that beer......that bottle was empty!

I mean, how much money are talking about here?  Larry doesn't strike me as a saver so I'm gonna go wild and guess 5K.   I'm sure TLC/Sharp are funding part of his trip too.   At worst, he is out of of a five or six hundred dollars.....and he is a getting a vacation out of all this circus, plus a stipend and possibly income.   In the end, he is coming out ahead.....Larry, shut up with the 401K already!!!

• Love 3
18 hours ago, Standard Staples said:

The Antonio/Corny saga only seems to get worse and worse.  I really do believe she was being catfished, and TLC paid this guy to play the part. It is truly the only thing that makes sense.  Even if it seemed legit, it's pretty clear his modeling gig isn't exactly a strong career.  He's still going to mom for money and laundry. What's he going to do in America? She needs to get on a plane and go back to Tampa. 

Paul finger traces "Will U Marry Me" in the sand... in English. Outstanding.

LOL!  I was thinking the same thing about Paul's proposal.  Who knows, maybe Karine having to type it into her smart phone translator app to find out what it means will make it even more romantic. :)

• Love 6
26 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

The extreme burning sensation while urinating might have made some of her exes cry. :)

Our eyes met across the crowded hat store. I, a customer, and she a coquettish haberdasher. Oh, I pursued, and she withdrew. Then she pursued and I withdrew, and so we danced. I burned for her, much like the burning during urination that I would experience soon afterwards.

• Love 14

Jenny for the win. "I don't cry over men. Men cry over me." She's a savage. Larry is so dimwitted and just doesn't get it. How bloody thick are you, mate? It's so much deeper than you just not eating the food. He's another one that thinks he's doing her a favour by getting her out of her current situation. "I'm taking her to my country. I spent my 401K on hotels and plane tickets." I mean do you want a thank you letter from her and her family for you doing that? Even if Jenny is running game and has introduced a million "loves" to her family, they still did something special and invited him into their home like he was the first. He made himself look like a total tool, and his lack of social grace is appalling. I've met people who have never left Small Town, USA, and they have more social graces and know how about themselves. Even if it was a dietary thing. He could have simply said, "I truly appreciate all the effort that you have put forth, and it means a great deal to me. Unfortunately, I am unable to partake in ____ for ____ reason(s). Thank you for going to all this effort and making me feel welcome."

Abby and Sean...don't care enough to even comment. She won't stop seeing Chris. Even if she does, she'll always be having an emotional affair with him, and Sean will just be a means to get her to the US and closer to the man she's really in love with.

Corny...God, this chick blows my natural high on life. You're in Malaga. There's PLENTY to do. Even if you left the city centre or hopped on a short flight, you could be in Barcelona, Madrid, Ibiza, Seville, or any number of places. She has literally complained about everything. You're invading Antonio's space, and you're being a real beeee-yotch and a Debbie Downer every step of the way. If I was him, I'd need 24 hours of Corny-free time, too. I think he at least had an open mind in the beginning, but she's insecure, jealous, and it's so obvious why she hasn't had a boyfriend. No man wants a stage five clinger or a woman who nags or is never satisfied. Antonio is no prize, but she's obnoxious. If any of us had to deal with her for any amount of time, we'd all be like him: running, running, and running even faster. Even after getting the D, she's still aggy. Antonio just take her to a hotel or a hostel and wash your hands.

Myriam...girl, just be single. If your boyfriend isn't doing his job and isn't making any changes after you've told him what the issues are, it's time to dip. Amaka Imani Nkosazana said it best, "A man that knows your worth doesn't need to be told how to treat you. That's a given. You won't have to question his feelings, his motives, nor his intentions. "How will I know," you ask? See, he will freely show you how he feels and prove it consistently. If you're settling for anything less than what you deserve, then, maybe you don't know your worth." Patrick is filling a need and a void, and Myriam needs to address the relationship that obviously is causing her internal strife and making her seek attention from others. It was still dirt baggish of her to let Patrick fly all the way there and then drop the bomb, but she seems really confused--even without Patrick saying anything. No the grass isn't always greener, but sometimes you have to ask yourself, would I be looking at the other side if my needs were truly being met?

Even if Jesse and Darcey give me fake couple vibes...the not proposal was the funniest and most hilarious thing I've seen. You're a 43 year old with a promise ring/appreciation ring. Congratulations. Your daughters and family must be so proud that you'd let yourself been shown in that light.

Karine...girl, I get why you're forgiving him, but you can do better. Pole is ridiculous and has issues out the wazoo. He doesn't need to be married to anybody. What kind of job does he have that he would have six weeks of leave accrued? Or is mummy going to co-sponsor Karine since they'll be living in her basement? Get back on that dating app and find a man who doesn't have locks of mummy's hair, arson in his background, and/or restraining orders. I'm all for people changing and becoming new creatures, but as evidenced by how he told her after they slept together, he's a messed up individual. 

• Love 13
Just now, Sprockets said:

That sounds like something she heard that she thought was cool.  I give it no weight.  

They probably do cry....after she depletes their accounts. Are we sure she isn't an ex-wife of David on 90 Day Fiance? 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, sasha206 said:

On Corny, world traveler can't seem to find herself a place to hang out while he's gone?  She's in Spain for fux sake.  She can't spend the day in museum?  Does she sit in that small apartment the entire day when he's gone every day?  

Even if he was enamored with her which he obviously is not, she is blowing any chance with him by being clingy and whiney. If she would have gotten her own hotel room to begin with and was a little independent, he would probably been a little more interested.  If she couldn't afford a room then she should not have gone on this trip to begin with!

• Love 8

What an episode!  Myriam does nothing but talk about her boyfriend, then she blows up at Patrick and yells at him that he didn't fly all the way to Paris to talk about her boyfriend.  Yep, we get that-he flew to Paris to see YOU.  She's the one continually trying to friend zone Patrick, but then gives him mixed messages.  She never should have told him that she would be his guide while he was in Paris.  A clean break is best; evidenced by the mess that she is making.  At least Patrick had a shirt on during this episode.

Cortney just needs to go home.  When the AC broke, she kept asking Antonio what to do.  Hmm, maybe take control of yourself and find a hotel with working AC.  I am actually on Antonio's side in this.  All she does is criticize him and judge his every word.  He never invited her to stay with him-she just insisted on it.  He needs to just tell her it won't work out and to leave.  A clean break is best; evidenced by the continual awkwardness between Cortney and Antonio.

Sean just needs to listen to his gut and to his friend who told him in their phone conversation to NOT propose.  Sean probably feels that he has "invested" too much at this point to give up.  He may also think that once he gets Abby to the U.S. that she will love him.  Again, a clean break is best; evidenced by the fact that Abby had sex with Chris the second Sean left Haiti.

Paul and Karine-she knows that Paul has problems, but the lure of coming to the U.S. is just too much for her to give up on.  The intensity with which he stared at her and looked into her eyes when he answered her questions should have given her something to think about.  She is desperate to come to the U.S.  There is no way she is breaking up with him at this time, but she really needs to get far away from him.

And Larry...he does have some anger issues.  Jenny may have, or think she has, the upper hand at this time.  However, I think if she comes to the U.S., Larry will exhibit a totally different side of himself.  He is very aware of the cameras and is playing the Sad Sack to the cameras.  But, he has shown some anger even though he immediately downplayed it.  Jenny is too dtermined to come to the U.S. to break up with him; she should as she will be in for a few surprises when she gets here.

• Love 7

Abby, Sean and Chris have gotten my attention.  Sean is a real player and I bet he has lots of $$$.  Abby likes him.  Evidently she doesn't need marriage with him.  He must take real good care of her.  Sean is a fool.  Calling his stateside friend asking if he should propose.  Aaaa NO. 

What is it about Abby that has captured him so?  She's ok..nothing special.  I can't imagine she has much experience in the bedroom but then again they start early don't they?  Sigh...

He should run home as fast as he can but no...he'll stick around and plead and beg. 

What a mess.

Larry- her being mad at you has NOTHING to do with "cultural differences" it has nothing to do with the food you don't like. It is COMMON SENSE AND COMMON COURTESY! This whole scene showed that you have NO COMMON SENSE!! It has nothing to do with the food! You can't pick up on social cues and take in the scene around you and act accordingly (ie like a human being). This is the problem! Not cultural differences! Not that you don't like the food!

This kind of thing - not knowing how to act, not having COMMON SENSE--- it was SO OBVIOUS to anyone with common sense that it was important to eat the food without spitting it out and making it obvious that you were disgusted. You are going to repeat not having common sense over and over and over in all different scenarios that you come upon. Cashing in your 401K also exhibits you have not one lick of common sense. Flying for 40 hours to get there also shows you have no common sense. But yeah chalk it all up to "cultural differences".  This whole thing infuriates me and everyone talking about how there is also certain food they dont like when this is 100% not the issue. You take in the scene and do what is expected of you all the time if you are normal.

Then he says "doesnt she understand it's just food?" That is the problem in a nutshell. Its not just food - it is the way he behaved she really saw what a total rube he is and how stupid he is. She didn't know this before and it was revolting to her.  He STILL doesn't get what he did that was so offensive. 

Edited by Bellalisa
  • Love 9
23 hours ago, Standard Staples said:

The Antonio/Corny saga only seems to get worse and worse.  I really do believe she was being catfished, and TLC paid this guy to play the part. It is truly the only thing that makes sense.  Even if it seemed legit, it's pretty clear his modeling gig isn't exactly a strong career.  He's still going to mom for money and laundry. What's he going to do in America? She needs to get on a plane and go back to Tampa. 

Paul finger traces "Will U Marry Me" in the sand... in English. Outstanding.

When he said "what do you need me to do to prove my love?" I wish she would have said LEARN PORTUGUESE!

• Love 8
50 minutes ago, Nancybeth said:

Larry made the sign of the cross before taking a bite of the pork, so I assume he's not Jewish.  Also, if he IS Jewish, why wouldn't he just say that?

And even if he IS Jewish (which I doubt, but you never know)  - if he's going to the Philippines for a wife, I promise you that dietary kosher laws are not forefront in his mind.

• Love 6

Antonio I think he thinks he is HOT and will be on American TV so should show his "great" body by stripping down for the cameramen ...he would have been gone had it not been for the TV show by now. He would have told her to go away. He must have signed a contract agreeing to be filmed for the entire time.  His body is kind of short and stumpy.  

When Corny said "the Europeans they don't give two shits about anything important-- stuff like air conditioning!" I mean is she really that poor that she cant go to a hotel room? She was trying to hint they both go to one and he was like NO, I am not going to a hotel room with you. She is suffocating this guy. She is insisting they spend all their time together and he can't take it.  He is one "Isterico" as they say in Argentina ...Isterico=Players men who won't commit. But he signed this contract to stay in it for the duration, but he had to get the fuck away from her, which he admits in his interview. 

Myriam seems much older than 22 when she speaks, maybe the french accent. She said her boyfriend was 23 and the men in her country don't want to settle down at that age. Well it is the same way in the US. I know I know some 20 somethings. Men here are not looking for marriage and commitment at age 23. of course there are exceptions. Myriam is very young, she just looks older when she talks, but she is like a little girl with the fake crying and the whole scene.  I try to keep all of that in mind when she is talking. She sounds sophisticated and older I think because of the French accent. But she is a baby. She has a lot to learn. The ex wife of Patrick is STUNNING! She is just beautiful and way way way too good for him. 

• Love 7
18 hours ago, Desert Rat said:

Who has cried over Jenny?  All those men on Filipino Cupid who emptied their 401k's trying to gain Jenny's love, only to later discover that she was trying to scam seeking the attention of other men on Filipino Cupid.  They are crying over lost "love" and having to spend retirement in poverty. 

...and honestly don't feel any sympathy for the fools. Glad she made them cry lol.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Sean is a real player and I bet he has lots of $$$. 

I realize the wrong name is used (small error), but I really enjoyed picturing desperate Sean, his actual house, and reading this sentence.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, AussieBabe said:

What kind of job does he have that he would have six weeks of leave accrued? Or is mummy going to co-sponsor Karine since they'll be living in her basement? Get back on that dating app and find a man who doesn't have locks of mummy's hair, arson in his background, and/or restraining orders. I'm all for people changing

I have the feeling Pole is unemployed and mummy is bankrolling this trip for him. Maybe she wants grand kids??

Pole has certainly never mentioned having a career.  Unless it’s poop ? water inspector? 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Sprockets said:

That sounds like something she heard that she thought was cool.  I give it no weight.  

Sprockets, my thoughts exactly! Lifted from the pages of some cheap online novella.  

52 minutes ago, deedee2 said:

And even if he IS Jewish (which I doubt, but you never know)  - if he's going to the Philippines for a wife, I promise you that dietary kosher laws are not forefront in his mind.

His mother may be Jewish, but his last name, which I'm assuming is his father's surname, is Italian.  https://www.facebook.com/larry.passariello

And - oh, it can't be:  Here's Larry Passariello again, this time on his own Youtube channel; apparently he fancies himself a filmmaker.  

https://www.youtube.com/user/thebigmovie777

• Love 2
21 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Maybe he has never had roasted pig and has food handling issues.

I know a number of well-educated and well-traveled people (mostly women...now that I think of it) who cannot stand the idea of seeing a roasted pig, let alone any prepared food "with a face."  Their mini-tantrums are embassassing.   I'm not excusing Larry's ignorance, lack of education, poor etiquette and manners...but he's like a lot of Americans who believe everything we do and have here is better than all other countries--and spout off about it.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

What an episode!  Myriam does nothing but talk about her boyfriend, then she blows up at Patrick and yells at him that he didn't fly all the way to Paris to talk about her boyfriend.  Yep, we get that-he flew to Paris to see YOU.  She's the one continually trying to friend zone Patrick, but then gives him mixed messages.  She never should have told him that she would be his guide while he was in Paris.  A clean break is best; evidenced by the mess that she is making.  At least Patrick had a shirt on during this episode.

And Larry...he does have some anger issues.  Jenny may have, or think she has, the upper hand at this time.  However, I think if she comes to the U.S., Larry will exhibit a totally different side of himself.  He is very aware of the cameras and is playing the Sad Sack to the cameras.  But, he has shown some anger even though he immediately downplayed it.  Jenny is too dtermined to come to the U.S. to break up with him; she should as she will be in for a few surprises when she gets here.

Agreed. All Miriam does is complain about this guy and how unfulfilled she is, then she gets upset with Patrick when he proposes something different? She was a real biatch for letting him come all that way if she wasn't going to take him seriously.

I think you're right about Larry. He's learned what works for him and Sad Sack does it.

And the fact that he's downplaying that anger is scary.

I hope things don't get too ugly between them in the States. Jenny seems way damaged and kind of scary herself, but in a different way, like she might attack him in his sleep.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

Corny and Antonio are an example of mismatched expectations. Corny thought she was in love with a hot spanish guy, because he oohed and ahhed at her over the Internet and had a sexy accent. Antonio thought Corny was visiting to have have hot sex in air conditioned hotel room for a week, then she goes home, and he has sex with someone else. When she got off the plane, he ASKED her where she was staying and she said his place. The fuck? so they didn't even communicate about that. Then she just sits around waiting for him to get home from whatever he does? She is so Debbie Downer. She just needs to realize this isn't going anywhere, stop giving him sad judgy cow eyes and go have fun. Unfortunately, the two of them combined barely have a functioning IQ, so there is a lot of staring at each other, at the wall, out the window. 

LOL! That's so true! There are so many times when it's just dead air between them, and the two of them are just staring at each other blankly. hahahaha!

The producers must be ripping their hair out over these two sometimes because they probably go for hours without saying anything interesting or camera worthy.

• Love 2

For the record, Larry is not Jewish; he is of Italian descent. I believe he was shocked to see the way Jenny and her family live; surveyed his surrounding between fly swats, thought it unsanitary and decided he wasn't going to eat anything they offered.  I don’t think it had anything to do with the pig; even it they'd offered him “Number 2” from McDonald’s value menu, I believe he would have refused it.   

• Love 13
On 10/15/2017 at 10:10 PM, PityFree said:

So Courtney thinks waiting 1 1/2 weeks is holding out and making Antonio wait for sex???? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!! 

She spent that day alone in his apartment snooping through everything he owns. 

Right!

All it is, is an international booty call. What's the point of waiting? It's 2017, are we hanging on to standards of female virtue that are different than those we hold for men?  If they want to jump in the sack, power to them both. Why is she doing him a favor, and giving something up?

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, Toaster Strudel said:

Right!

All it is, is an international booty call. What's the point of waiting? It's 2017, are we hanging on to standards of female virtue that are different than those we hold for men?  If they want to jump in the sack, power to them both. Why is she doing him a favor, and giving something up?

If the cost of that piece of ass is 10 days of whining and drunken passive aggression, that's probably the costliest and least satisfying piece he's ever gotten.

• Love 9
Just now, guilfoyleatpp said:

If the cost of that piece of ass is 10 days of whining and drunken passive aggression, that's probably the costliest and least satisfying piece he's ever gotten.

It was so disappointing he had to disappear for 24 hours to recover.

I think he exceeded expectations when it comes to hosting a "couch surfer with (dubious) benefits."

• Love 9
On 10/16/2017 at 0:30 AM, Hellohappylife said:

The catty bitch side of me couldn’t stop laughing at the whole Darcy & Jesse scene.  My husband and I were almost in tears when Jessie was in the car trying to change the subject with “look at that goat”... 

"Look at that goat" was my favorite moment of the episode.  Should have been the title.

Patrick's a slimeball and I'm glad Myriam saw right through his sleazy moves.   I don't know if it's the editing or what, but dim bulb Patrick doesn't seem to realize he's in PARIS.  He seems not the least bit awestruck or even curious about his surroundings.   Who goes to Paris and wastes even ten minutes in a freaking gym?  Even the Paris girl didn't want to be there.    I think Patrick was thrilled with himself that he made Myriam cry.    

I have no sympathy for any of the Americans in this show.   I hope they all get taken to the cleaners.   They're alternately stupid, pathetic, desperate, demanding, and, one and all, condescending.   I find myself yelling at Abby, Karine, Jenny and Jesse, "No!  No!  What are you doing?  Tell them to get lost!"   The foreigners may be schemers, grifters and/or cold-hearted opportunists, but even they don't deserve the hell of being hooked up with any of these losers.   Antonio seems to be the only one in no danger of getting sucked into the 90-day vortex but the way this show goes, who can say?

• Love 10

What did people do before air conditioning?  How did they survive?  In fact, how is it there are still humans walking the face of the earth today if our ancestors did not have AC?   Or even the luxury of being able to say "AC" several times an hour?

I love makeup but I think Courtney would have felt ten degrees cooler and ten pounds lighter if she didn't trowel all that stuff onto her face first thing every morning.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Adeejay said:

I don’t think it had anything to do with the pig; even it they'd offered him “Number 2” from McDonald’s value menu, I believe he would have refused it. 

There was a YouTube video referenced way above, so I watched it.  Apparently he does not eat meat--ever (or he was trying to rationalize his "vacation" behavior).

• Love 1
5 hours ago, millennium said:

What did people do before air conditioning?  How did they survive?  In fact, how is it there are still humans walking the face of the earth today if our ancestors did not have AC?   Or even the luxury of being able to say "AC" several times an hour?

It is possible to become acclimated to not having AC.  But it really is necessary for anyone who has become used to it, and no one will debate its absolute comfort.  People can die in a closed up little box like the one Corny was in, in that heat.  

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Toaster Strudel said:

Right!

I can see it now. Antonio looks coyly at the camera and say, blush rising in his cheeks, "I'm afraid Corney will no longer respect me after last night... not after the oil."

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, Sprockets said:

It is possible to become acclimated to not having AC.  But it really is necessary for anyone who has become used to it, and no one will debate its absolute comfort.  People can die in a closed up little box like the one Corny was in, in that heat.  

All sarcasm aside, I grew up without AC, and while I have it now, I can get along fine without it.   I actually use it as little as possible.

I'm not sure I buy the idea of people Courtney's age dying from lack of air conditioning.   Maybe if they're drunk in addition to being hot ...   But she wasn't chained to the table.   She could have gone outside.  She could have demanded a hotel room from the production crew.   Then again, that would have meant looking away from her cell phone for a minute or two, and perhaps that would be asking too much.

11 minutes ago, CoachWristletJen said:

I can see it now. Antonio looks coyly at the camera and say, blush rising in his cheeks, "I'm afraid Corney will no longer respect me after last night... not after the oil."

I can't believe he didn't have her eating out of his hand after those smooth moves with the paper towel tube.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, millennium said:

All sarcasm aside, I grew up without AC, and while I have it now, I can get along fine without it.   I actually use it as little as possible.

I'm not sure I buy the idea of people Courtney's age dying from lack of air conditioning.   Maybe if they're drunk in addition to being hot ...   But she wasn't chained to the table.   She could have gone outside.  She could have demanded a hotel room from the production crew.   Then again, that would have meant looking away from her cell phone for a minute or two, and perhaps that would be asking too much.

I can't believe he didn't have her eating out of his hand after those smooth moves with the paper towel tube.

Well,,,,, I grew up in a hot region and without AC, the temperatures in the rooms can reach over 100 degrees, therefore, all windows would have to be open just so that you didnt suffer heat stroke, literally, its very hard to move at all its so hot. Courtney's freak out wasn't cool though. She could have just told him she was getting a hotel room and if he wanted to join her, he was welcome, and if not she would do some sightseeing on her own. Does she know how to act coy, and be flirtatious, and sweet, or just unsmilingly demanding and complaining ? 

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Matias130 said:

Well,,,,, I grew up in a hot region and without AC, the temperatures in the rooms can reach over 100 degrees, therefore, all windows would have to be open just so that you didnt suffer heat stroke, literally, its very hard to move at all its so hot. Courtney's freak out wasn't cool though. She could have just told him she was getting a hotel room and if he wanted to join her, he was welcome, and if not she would do some sightseeing on her own. Does she know how to act coy, and be flirtatious, and sweet, or just unsmilingly demanding and complaining ? 

I grew up in New England, so I'll defer to you on the air conditioning.  

I think Courtney equates just showing up as being the extent of her responsibilities.   Her whole attitude has been "Here I am, make me feel desired."

• Love 6
10 hours ago, StayingAfterSunday said:

And - oh, it can't be:  Here's Larry Passariello again, this time on his own Youtube channel; apparently he fancies himself a filmmaker.  

Ha! I clicked on the Youtube link and I see he is wearing the famous white baseball cap! After this season of 90 Day I expect to see that hat in the Smithsonian next to Dorothy's Ruby Slippers and Archie and Edith's chairs!

• Love 3

Miriam is playing games and needs to figure out what she wants. Letting some guy fly to another country to date her, only to inform him she already has a boyfriend, was cruel and very immature. Patrick needs to go home.

I really think Antonio left Courtney in the apartment for 24 hours because he was hoping she would leave and go home if he left long enough. Its pretty clear that he got what he wanted. Courtney also needs to just go home. Also, in episode 1 they tried to sell Courtney to us as an experienced solo World traveler. I call bullshit on that one. An experienced solo traveler would have left and found a hotel with air conditioning. Not sat dying in the heat in some shitty apartment for 24 hours.

I feel no sympathy that Larry spent his life savings on this trip. He's a dumb ass who should be home spending his money on his kids.

Edited by Kellyee
  • Love 13
17 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Ha! I clicked on the Youtube link and I see he is wearing the famous white baseball cap! After this season of 90 Day I expect to see that hat in the Smithsonian next to Dorothy's Ruby Slippers and Archie and Edith's chairs!

Men don't seem to realize just how much baseball caps make them appear less intelligent (unless of course they are actually baseball players).   Or how the appearance of being less intelligent is increased when the hat is the wrong size, turned around backwards or has some inane logo on it.   I get that bald guys wear them to appear ... what? less bald? ... but is the tradeoff really worth it?  

• Love 12
11 hours ago, Former Nun said:

I thought Amsterdam didn't have Dollar Stores.

When we were in France, we saw a store called "€ Store." Everything in it cost a Euro. Maybe they have a variation of that in The Netherlands. Or maybe Jesse ordered it online, and was tracking it with his constant phone checking.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Bellalisa said:

When he said "what do you need me to do to prove my love?" I wish she would have said LEARN PORTUGUESE!

That would be great.  But from a practical standpoint it makes more sense for Karine to learn English, as if she does decide to marry Crazy Paul, everyone where she lives will speak English.  Of course, it would also make sense for Paul to learn a second language in case he needs to flee the US to avoid future criminal charges. :)

• Love 4
18 hours ago, Desert Rat said:

The appreciation ring was cruel. Had I been in Darcy's Loubitons I would have pushed him down the stairs or kicked him in the nuts when he stood up.  

He got down on one knee and got her hopes up so high! What else was she to think?

Then he patronized her all the way home when she kept asking him over and over in different ways exactly what it meant. She had just been cruelly mindf*cked. He should have known how she was going to respond. He set her up to look like full blown foolish, pathetic Darcey.

You don't do that to a desperate woman. Hell, he should even be careful about bending down to tie his shoes!

Was this payback for her running wild in the bushes outside his apartment embarrassing him front of his neighbors? "Sorry, people. She's midway through being Meesterized. This was bound to happen."

Or is he really THAT self-absorbed?

I'm starting to understand why this guy has trouble sustaining relationships in spite of his "perfect" exterior so lauded by tipsy stepdad.

When Darcey finally does break up with him (and it might cost her a small fortune if it ends in divorce), she's going to be very, VERY angry at having been played the fool over and over. What will it take to break the spell for her once and for all? 

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, CoachWristletJen said:

Craft store.

Then you're supposed to take it home and splash paint on it or bedazzle it.

Larry practices Delayed Gratification Bedazzling. 

He's going to bedazzle the shit out of that hat the night before the wedding- and present it to Jenny with her veil attached.

• Love 18

has been discussed quite a bit in lasts weeks thread the whole jewish/kosher/vegetarian reasoning for not eating the pig --of which none of these were the reason - he was disgusted by it and it grossed him out.  Read last week's thread and also the Larry/Jenny thread for more info on that. 

1 hour ago, millennium said:

Men don't seem to realize just how much baseball caps make them appear less intelligent (unless of course they are actually baseball players).   Or how the appearance of being less intelligent is increased when the hat is the wrong size, turned around backwards or has some inane logo on it.   I get that bald guys wear them to appear ... what? less bald? ... but is the tradeoff really worth it?  

As a pretty bald woman I'd like to point out baldies have to wear hats so their scalp doesn't sunburn. 

Edited by Bellalisa
  • Love 7
29 minutes ago, Bellalisa said:

As a pretty bald woman I'd like to point out baldies have to wear hats so their scalp doesn't sunburn. 

I hear you, but it's not just bald people who wear baseball caps.  Sorry if I made it seem that way.  The majority of men I see in baseball caps every day, bald or otherwise, also wear them indoors, in restaurants, to town halls, school meetings, etc., like uncouth morons.  

I guess it's just symptomatic of our increasingly unmannered culture.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 8
On 10/16/2017 at 0:57 AM, guilfoyleatpp said:

Corney and Antonio are just cringeworthy. I can't with them anymore.

I just want to punch Larry. Remember that scene from Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom? "You're insulting them and you're embarrassing me." That's fucking Larry.  No wonder he can't find a girlfriend in Florida. He's so damn clueless and childish and fucking embarrassing! EAT THE GOD DAMNED PIG, LARRY!

I hope Jenny takes his ass to the damn cleaners. 

Yes, but in Temple of Doom, they gave her some mushy rice with flies on it—-this was a beautiful amazing looking roast pig! I haven’t eat meat in over a year but the pig looked like it would’ve been delicious! No different than a pig you would pay big money for at a luau in Hawaii. They spent a lot of money on it and roasted it for 5 hours, Larry was extremely disrespectful and embarrassed Jenny and that is why she was pissed.  Larry acted as if they wanted him to eat the intestines and snout!! He probably eats bologna sandwiches everyday—does he have any idea what’s in bologna? And he works at McDonalds and probably eats that food everyday—! Ugh he is an idiot, obviously and Jenny is realizing she picked a really bad one this time.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Drogo said:

Where does one even purchase a white baseball hat with no logo? 

Any supplier of custom hats will be glad to send you a blank one, but I think you should have one embroidered with "Father of Forums."

• Love 10