Type keyword(s) to search

Season 1 Discussion

• Start Topic

So...Jesse's friend...Word. Jesse is 24 with plenty of sense. Darcy is older than 42...I don't care what she says...and thirsty. She needs to find a man her age and chill. And Cortney...Girl...Bless your britches. Go on back home. Larry, Larry, Larry...*sigh*. As far as Abbey'nem go, both those old men are just gross. She's 20! Y'all got underwear older than she is...Just nasty!

Edited by KayBreezy
Abby is 20, not 19...
  • Love 14
10 minutes ago, Godfrey said:

OMG!!! Nicole & Azan are back!!

Right??? I almost yelled at my TV...

Color me shocked that Antonio exists. But if he thinks Cortney is good conversation, then there's not much going on with him either...

Larry liquidated his 401k. No words...

Darcey annoys me - no reason Jesse can't visit her and her girls in the states. we have plenty of European tourists.

• Love 20

Cortney is a traveler? If I am going to some country to meet a dude I met online, I would have my own hotel room and meet him in a public place. Doubt she and Antonio will work out. They aren't on the same page or even book. Have a fling in Spain and go back and have good memories of it.

Larry, listen to your family. She could very well be the girl of your dreams or a scam artist to whom you are one of many.

Darcey, it is not easy to blend a family. Jesse's friend speaks the truth. Sure you can get engaged. Seems more about your need than doing what is right for you and your girls.

The voodoo lady? The rash could be a manifestation of Abby's having many men to choose from, an allergy, or eczema or dermatitis.

• Love 5
On 9/5/2017 at 9:04 AM, Former Nun said:

I think statistics might surprise you.

Not to mention those that lie about  it, imagine a lot of virgins would lie about it. Also people for religious/cultural purposes, those honestly simply too shy/unattractive/socially awkward. Its higher than we think. 

Call me cynical but I feel like some of these people are hired actors.  Antonio, Jesse maybe.

And I still find it hard to believe Darcy is 42. I'm 42 and I have friends 48 that look younger than her.  Although it could just be the Botox that makes her look older.   Jesse looks more like early or mid 30's than 24 as as.  

I find it hard to believe that Jessie is into Darcy or that Antonio would be into Courtney at all.  

Edited by Laurie4H
  • Love 15

I'm shocked that Antonio is real but I'm even more shocked at how incredibly rude he's being to somebody but just got off of an international flight.  He hasn't even given her a chance to put the bags down.  Where is the rolling piece of luggage I thought I remember her having at the airport?  If I only imagined it then, my God, she has the most amazing packing skills in the entire world. To have put things for an international trip into two medium-size backpacks? Magic. 

I'm pretty sure Antonio was disappointed with her looks. If he'd liked her in-person looks, he wouldn't have been so rude to her. 

ETA:  i'm trying to imagine all of the many illnesses and or STDs that Chris could've given Abby. Ring worm? HSV? Are they sharing a case of poison ivy?? Where on his body is Chris' rash?? WHEN WILL SEAN'S ITCHING START??

Edited by PityFree
  • Love 18
15 minutes ago, eggsnbacon said:

Not to mention those that lie about  it, imagine a lot of virgins would lie about it. Also people for religious/cultural purposes, those honestly simply too shy/unattractive/socially awkward. Its higher than we think. 

I seem to recall losing my virginity a few times back in the day . Boys were judgey in the late 70's

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, PityFree said:

I'm pretty sure Antonio was disappointed with her looks. If he'd liked her in-person looks, he wouldn't have been so rude to her. 

Perhaps like our good friend, Azan, he found her a little big. 

• Love 14

At least Antonio could have taken her to her hotel or whatever, let her shower and change and maybe have a couple hours' nap.

i do not travel light. Maybe for a Contiki type camping trip, but usually a medium suitcase and sometimes carry on.

i expect that Antonio will vanish.

• Love 6

Old Liverlips better be glad that eczema is all there was to worry about.  I'd shit a brick if someone took me to a voodoo doctor.  Abby best mind the advice of the priestess, because it is not a game.

Antonio seems like he could be an ass if Cortney won't fall in line with what he wants.

Darcey, cool your jets.  Just enjoy yourself for now.  Thirsty much?

24 minutes ago, eggsnbacon said:

Those who do it for religious/cultural purposes know that typically their families will arrange a marriage for them so they won't need to fret about not getting any, and usually it's a choice with those who are religious.

Shy/unattractive/socially awkward might be in for a longer wait.

Edited by Arwen Evenstar

I'm finding Jesse to be a mature and thoughtful young man unlike the rest of the men in this show. He is 24 years old and seems to be thinking about how his relationship with Darcy will impact her children and their future.  He is not cashing his 401k anytime soon or leaving his life behind and running to the US. 

And I hate to comment on another woman's looks but Darcy does look old enough (and frumpy) to be his mom.  She can't seem to dress appropriately...her bag is too big, her hair too long, her pants too tight.  I'm actually feeling a little sorry for her. 

• Love 18
8 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

At least Antonio could have taken her to her hotel or whatever, let her shower and change and maybe have a couple hours' nap.

i do not travel light. Maybe for a Contiki type camping trip, but usually a medium suitcase and sometimes carry on.

i expect that Antonio will vanish.

She has no hotel!  She flew in with no hotel.  

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, Desert Rat said:

Larry, no, not your 401k!!!  Here's another one that needs a court appointed guardian 

I agree.  Your 401k really?   

But you can't "cash it in" unless you no longer work there.  Maybe he took a loan against it?  But he said he cashed it.  

27 minutes ago, Laurie4H said:

Call me cynical but I feel like some of these people are hired actors.  Antonio, Jesse maybe.

And I still find it hard to believe Darcy is 42. I'm 42 and I have friends 48 that look younger than her.  Although it could just be the Botox that makes her look older.   Jesse looks more like early or mid 30's than 24 as as.  

I find it hard to believe that Jessie is into Darcy or that Antonio would be into Courtney at all.  

I am 46 and Darcy definitely looks my age with intervention.  I cringed during her scenes.  Us women our age should have more self confidence than others  

And it's not Botox.  The fillers make her look older and puffy.  Botox just paralyzes facial muscles.   Filler causes the muppet look. 

Edited by Meowwww
Spell check.
  • Love 4
16 minutes ago, Meowwww said:

She has no hotel!  She flew in with no hotel.  

I guess I am missing a few details on those two! She met him on Facebook? Doe she know if his photo is really him? Did they use FaceTime or Skype or Google Hangouts to chat - with *video*/webcam so it's not some catfish situation?

She books a ticket to Spain and doesn't have a place to stay? How did she get past customs? They normally ask you where you are staying on the visitor card you have and expect a hotel or family member's home addy. Not some dude you met online.  I'd have my own place and meet him somewhere public and take it from there. Always be vigilant and have a Plan B. And you let your parents or someone know where you are - what hotel, what phone number, etc.  Whether you text them, Twitter/Facebook whatever.

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, spankydoll said:

Antonio kept staring at Courtney's gum line. When you rewatch the episode - I know that you will so don't bother lying about it - watch his eyes. He can't make sense of it. 

I was multi tasking while watching tonight, so I may be wrong. But when he was staring at her, I thought he remarked on her skin being so clear. When he said that, my feeling was that he was staring at her gums and needed to come up with an excuse for doing so. There are surgeries for gummy smiles. I'm not all for cosmetic surgery, but this is a case where it's really needed. 

• Love 5

Jesse is the most together one on the show for sure...but the bar on the ground lol

I actually like Jesse ok..he doesnt completly skeeve me out...

but then again, Im watching the finale of the Spouse House, and believe this is the best thing put on film...omg...I need this back tomorrow...the desperation makes these 90 dayers look like Monks

Edited by Christi
  • Love 4

Darcy's workout clothes are meant for posing at the gym not working out. I was waiting for that drawstring to get caught in the step machine like her shoe on the "elevator" . she seems very sweet I wish that she could embrace her age 

• Love 4

Sean and Abby: The fact that Sean still engaged with Abby in intimacy after seeing or realizing she had a rash is crazy. However, if she hid it from him then I'm finding her even less likeable than before. She's playing the field and it will be much worse for her if she doesn't pick a man and stick with it (the one thing me and then voo doo lady agree on).

Antonio and Courtney: Nope. It ain't gonna work. Fly home, girl. Quickly and swiftly. p.s. the way Antonio just swooped in and kissed all over her came off as very seedy and gross and pretty much sums up what he's after...

Larry: God bless this lonely man child. 'Nuff said.

Zack Attack: Still not feeling him after his "American girls" comment. He's just not likeable to me. Anyhow, he's just infatuated. He's (likely) a Christian trying to make things work with a Muslim Parisian? And he already has a daughter with an ex who seems like she might low key still want him back? AND this lady has a secret or something she has yet to reveal? Yeah, I wish them luck...

Darcy and Jesse: Darcy is actually semi likeable when she quits with the "young and hip, pouty lip, breathy" facade. Jesse is also pretty level-headed, insightful and mature for someone who says they are only 24. He does look about 32/33... Also, what up with both of their hairstyles?

• Love 10
1 hour ago, PityFree said:

To have put things for an international trip into two medium-size backpacks?

I recently did it in one. With a musical instrument, concert clothing, regular clothes and toiletries...as I had.a broken leg and was on crutches. It can be done.

• Love 1

Antonio is real?!!?!? I owe my mother a coke. 

When Cortney said she was gonna wait for him for another 30 minutes, I thought the blue screen said "24 hours later" so I thought they were going to show Cortney still on the bench the next day, but nope it said "24 hour earlier" LOL!

Um, why did Antonio have to be asked to carry one of the 3 pieces of luggage she was carrying.  Plus, he can't be bothered to take some time off to meet her and dragging her to an event after she has been traveling for hours and not giving her time to rest, shower or change before dragging her to watch him judge a titty contest? He seems fuckboi-ish to me. Plus, I know standards for male modeling are different from women but he doesn't strike me model material but whatever. 

I definitely saw Cortney's resemblance to Vicki G this episode. 

Sorry I had to LOL! when Abby came out from the back of the voodoo shop wet and covered in herbs and spices. What the what?!?! For real though, I would be very concerned if I was Sean about any kind of 'rash' Abby may or may not have gotten from Chris. He may and should take a page out of Pyro Paul's book and request a full panel of tests. 

2 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Darcey, sweetie, when a man tells you that you really have to talk before creating a potential family and that you should wait and see how you partake in the journey before making plans, perhaps now isn't the right time to talk about getting engaged.     

I actually think Darcey seems sweet despite her terrible styling and self absorption. She has handled herself relatively well given all the intrusive questioning but good gawd woman! The desperation for a ring despite all the verbal and non-verbal cues from Jesse that they need to take this slow is so unbecoming and unattractive. 

Larry is the lonely, pathetic sad sack that I thought Paul was gonna be. I really genuinely feel sorry for him on the one hand and wonder how he managed to live this long due to his gullibility on the other. Cashed in his 401k after chatting with some child for 2 weeks?! Oh honey no!

Larry's girl has never had tea? Come now. Also, the not picking up but texting? Not a good look. 

Edited by islandgal140
  • Love 17