Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 7/24/17

Jaded
  • Start Topic

These guest listings are from the TVGuide website. ABC has no guests listed yet and Uverse's guide online doesn't seem to either. Saying that in case the lineup changes.

Monday:
Rob Lowe and his sons, Matthew and John Owen Lowe. Also: "View Your Deal."

Tuesday:

Nico Tortorella and Sara Haines discuss sexuality with young adults. Included: stereotypes and myths surrounding bisexuality.

Wednesday:
Disabled Navy veteran Tim Birckhead receives a specially adapted home from Home for Our Troops designed by lifestyle expert Carter Oosterhouse. Included: a surprise visit from basketball player Stephen Curry.

Thursday:

Thomas Jackson, former police chief of Ferguson, Mo.

Friday:

Tara Setmayer (guest cohost); Anthony Atamanuik.

(edited)
19 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Why?

Once again another Republican.

She is a sane Republican, a never 45.. She gets flak from her party for not falling in line.  As they say, Democrats fall in love and Republicans fall in line.. She has yet to do that..  Tara is an old school conservative that stays away from pontificating about social issues. I used to love how she used to go head to head with Kayleigh on Don Lemon's show. She does not suffer fools gladly.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4

Whoopie must have gotten a part time job in a pediatrician's office.  She's got her child friendly smock on.  I don't care about Rob Lowe's sons anymore than I care about Whoopie's daughter. 

• Love 11
(edited)
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

She is a sane Republican, a never 45.. She gets flak from her party for not falling in line.  As they say, Democrats fall in love and Republicans fall in line.. She has yet to do that..  Tara is an old school conservative that stays away from pontificating about social issues. I used to love how she used to go head to head with Kayleigh on Don Lemon's show. She does not suffer fools gladly.

I like Tara for the most part. When she was on Bill Maher's show last time, I was with her until she said something that was a false equivalency and kept talking over.  BUT. I love her never 45 stand, so I'll definitely be watching to see her and Jedifoxbot clash. Because you know they will! Unless Jedifoxbot chickens out and stays quiet.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

I don't care about Rob Lowe's sons anymore than I care about Whoopie's daughter.

I'm just watching the show now.  ROB???   Where did you get the orange powder you're wearing?

2 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

I think it's hysterical that Sunny is so pissed off and obsessed about the Michael Phelps/shark thing.

Sometimes I'm STUNNED at Sunny's naivete, fears, and (often) ignorance.

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

THIS! Just like last week she was nearly hyperventilating over people on airplanes walking barefoot to the bathroom. Why does she care?

• Love 4
Just now, GHScorpiosRule said:

THIS! Just like last week she was nearly hyperventilating over people on airplanes walking barefoot to the bathroom. Why does she care?

Her poor kids!   Her poor husband!  At least she earns A LOTTA MONEY!

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

I'm just watching the show now.  ROB???   Where did you get the orange powder you're wearing?

I think it is endearing.. I feel that she is showing us her true self, flaws and all. I don't feel she is pretending to be something that she is not, like past hosts, on the show..

• Love 12

I had to look up Tara since I didn't recognize the name and I did see her on one of the political Sunday morning shows last week and she's very good. Should be interesting.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, rcc said:

I had to look up Tara since I didn't recognize the name and I did see her on one of the political Sunday morning shows last week and she's very good. Should be interesting.

Go on youtube and see her take on that Kayleigh character on CNN...

• Love 1

What was Whoopi's deal today with the onslaught of different voices today?  It was a nightmare.  I don't think I've ever muted and skipped through an episode so much.  That "tool" or hers has become very, very old and unfunny.   

• Love 12
5 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I think it is endearing.. I feel that she is showing us her true self, flaws and all. I don't feel she is pretending to be something that she is not, like past hosts, on the show..

I'm sure I'm in the minority...but I've known too many of these (mostly) women.  It might start out endearing, but it sure becomes annoying/irritating after awhile.  Sometimes I think it's an act.

• Love 4

Wow. Whoopi actually asked Sunny to explain the law! I thought Mz. Whoopi knew everything about everything?????

And eww, I feel dirty for typing this, but I agree with Jedifoxbot-I don't feel sorry for Spicer at all.

Must have been a slow entertainment news day, because Sara told that EXACT story about getting dirty looks for drinking while her baby was placed right next to her in a restaurant/bar last week.???

So the shark Phelps raced and lost to was JAWS Bruce? No, Bruce experience exploded. Well people who really thought he would Race a real life one are just stupid-you can't TRAIN these beasts.??

• Love 1
(edited)

Whoopie must have gotten a part time job in a pediatrician's office.  She's got her child friendly smock on. 

I took it as a homage to her movie "Ghost"...weren't those all caricatures of ghosts as the print?

Didn't they tease Lowe and his sons about how they were going to talk about Bigfoot?  But they didn't.

Yup, they did...kind of.  They told the story of a trip they were on that included some of their friends.  Rob rented a Big Foot costume and scared the wits out of all the kids, so much so that they said one boy, to this day, refuses to go into the woods.

LOL - Today was the first time in ages that I've actually paid attention to the show, and managed to catch both these items!

Edited by Tunia
  • Love 1

Okay I admit it I had no clue how Phelps was going to race a shark.  Thought maybe they would time their swimming or something.  Never occurred to me the would use a fake shark.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Tunia said:

I took it as a homage to her movie "Ghost"...weren't those all caricatures of ghosts as the print?

They were characters from animated films: monsters inc, toy story, incredibles, big hero 6, etc. 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

I think it's hysterical that Sunny is so pissed off and obsessed about the Michael Phelps/shark thing.

I am not a great brain (like Sunny) but it never occurred to me that Mr. Phelps would actually (or could)  race a shark!

• Love 2
12 hours ago, A.J. said:

What was Whoopi's deal today with the onslaught of different voices today?  It was a nightmare.  I don't think I've ever muted and skipped through an episode so much.  That "tool" or hers has become very, very old and unfunny.   

I missed the very beginning of the show today, then turned it off when she started with that voice. I couldn't even understand what she was trying to say!

• Love 2
(edited)

Jesus, Sonny. Read a fucking book. All this "I don't understand" really means "I don't accept this and I am judging you". YMMV

ETA: I wish someone (with more skills than I) would make a video compilation of all times Jedi has described herself as "______ girl" (As in "policy Girl", "Personal responsibility Girl"-there must be thousands of examples)  I am sure if I had all those examples available at one time, my eyes would roll completely out of my head and down the hall, never to see or be seen again.

Edited by GiveMeSpace
  • Love 6
16 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

ETA: I wish someone (with more skills than I) would make a video compilation of all times Jedi has described herself as "______ girl" (As in "policy Girl", "Personal responsibility Girl"-there must be thousands of examples)  I am sure if I had all those examples available at one time, my eyes would roll completely out of my head and down the hall, never to see or be seen again.

Isn't there a saying "If  you stand for everything you stand for nothing"? 

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, tvaddict44 said:

Did anyone else's screen go black as Jedi was presenting her "exciting" preview of the dance mom?  I have no interest in her at all, but if my TV is about to go out, I need to know.

I'm constantly amazed at how naive Sunny is about anything sexual.  She is a long-married, educated woman - what's going on?  I thought those young people were very articulate - I just can't get too excited about all that stuff at my advanced age...

Loved what they said about T's speech to the Boy Scouts.  Once again he made it all about himself and the size of the crowd.

Yes, it went blank because photography was not allowed after a certain point.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

OT, but, Rob Lowe and his sons are also on the Tonight Show, and I really don't know why he's pushing them.  Maybe he wants to retire.

He's pushing his show.  They're a part of the show.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

OT, but, Rob Lowe and his sons are also on the Tonight Show, and I really don't know why he's pushing them.

I haven't been a teenage girl for almost 60 years...but those boys don't seem to have "IT."

• Love 9

Did Sarah say she had been with women? Or did I mishear?

I thought the pansexual person did a good job of explaining it. I wonder if all pansexuals feel that way or if that was just their feeling.

37 minutes ago, Morgalisa said:

Did Sarah say she had been with women? Or did I mishear?

I thought the pansexual person did a good job of explaining it. I wonder if all pansexuals feel that way or if that was just their feeling.

Yes, she said she had been with women who were bi.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, rcc said:

What! Did Sara say she was bi?

It sounded like she said that she had been with women during that segment where she and the guy from Younger were talking about sexuality with the group of people.

• Love 2

I took it to mean that she has been friends with women who are bi. She worded it incorrectly, though, if that's what she meant. But who could blame her.  She can't concentrate on her wording when she's really trying to determine how many people in the room are attracted to her.

• Love 7
(edited)
10 hours ago, buffynut said:

I missed the very beginning of the show today, then turned it off when she started with that voice. I couldn't even understand what she was trying to say!

I think she missed out on getting hired for some animation voices she REALLY wanted to do.  Every time she does this I think she's auditioning.   My opinion: I feel sorry for all the voice actors who have been doing this work for decades.  For some reason, producers/directors think that KIDS want to hear well known movie/TV actors in animated movies.  I'm sure funding is better when a well known name is associated with a product.  Sad.

Edited by Former Nun
typ0
  • Love 2

I loved the Sarah segment, especially cause it allowed the show to focus on a current topic in a serious, informative way. 

Same with Jedi's "big get" interview with Abby Lee Miller. It was rude as heck for Whoopi to tell Jedi to tell her if Abby took accountability cause she wasn't going to watch. I don't care how you feel about Jedi, it was very dismissive.

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, geekburger said:

Same with Jedi's "big get" interview with Abby Lee Miller. It was rude as heck for Whoopi to tell Jedi to tell her if Abby took accountability cause she wasn't going to watch. I don't care how you feel about Jedi, it was very dismissive.

Very rude! I think they told her this in her earpiece because she then tried to make it up to her after the discussion by saying she can't watch because she'll be working.

• Love 6
23 hours ago, A.J. said:

10 hours ago, buffynut said:

57 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

I think she missed out on getting hired for some animation voices she REALLY wanted to do.  Every time she does this I think she's auditioning.   My opinion: I feel sorry for all the voice actors who have been doing this work for decades.  For some reason, producers/directors think that KIDS want to hear well known movie/TV actors in animated movies.  I'm sure funding is better when a well known name is associated with a product.  Sad.

It's her "Valley Girl" voice; one she uses when she wants to mock celebrities, reality famewhores, or things she just thinks are stupid. Oops, I mean, "bone-headed." And she thought that Phelps not even racing a Great White, that had been hyped for how long? And people, stupid enough to believe it, watched it, only to feel they were g*****, when it was revealed it was a machine.

• Love 2

Personally, I laughed at Sunny's issue with the Phelps/shark thing yesterday. I like that she can laugh when the others mock her. I know how easy it would be to believe there'd be some stunt of the two racing with the shark in some closed-off space where it had no choice but to go forward. I thought it was funny. *shrug* And I laughed again today at Whoopi outright saying she won't be watching the Dance Moms interview. Her disgust was mine; don't like the interviewer or the interviewee.

I didn't think Sunny was being judgmental although I think Tortorella thought so... I think her reaction was what the average person outside the LGBT community would be to all these random terms for your sexuality and/or gender identity, etc. She's clearly supportive of LGBT rights whatever her religious beliefs are and that's enough for me to like her.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

It's her "Valley Girl" voice; one she uses when she wants to mock celebrities, reality famewhores, or things she just thinks are stupid. Oops, I mean, "bone-headed." And she thought that Phelps not even racing a Great White, that had been hyped for how long? And people, stupid enough to believe it, watched it, only to feel they were g*****, when it was revealed it was a machine.

The Valley Girl is the one I hate the most.  However, she did that one and about three or four other voices yesterday.  It was too much to take.  And yet she had the nerve on more than one occasion to tell Sunny to "quit acting and just tell the story" or "get that look off your face".  But she can make whatever strange face or voice she wants.  She can be such a tyrant at times.    

• Love 9
13 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I didn't think Sunny was being judgmental although I think Tortorella thought so... I think her reaction was what the average person outside the LGBT community would be to all these random terms for your sexuality and/or gender identity, etc. She's clearly supportive of LGBT rights whatever her religious beliefs are and that's enough for me to like her.

But Sunny just watched the segment where the young people explained their particular stories.  She still didn't understand anything after watching that?  I never thought I would see the day that Sarah would explain something to Sunny, but then again, I never knew Sunny would be guilty of willful ignorance.

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, JayD83 said:

Today's show should be good. 

Or a HOT mess.

Just when was Jedifoxbot a teacher? How long had she been at FOX before she landed here? Because social media as "I" know it, exploded within the past five years or so. When she was going on about when she was a teacher (and she taught high school?!) she mentioned social media. 

I will give credit where credit is due, though. I'm so glad the show didn't air those two videos they were talking about--the one where assholes taunted the guy who couldn't swim as he drowned, and the other of the girl recording the car crash? I'll be honest, when I see notifications for this shit on my FB feed, I scroll past, because I am NOT going to give them hits or whatever. I'm all about the purty horsies, funny horsies, puppies, doggies, cats and kitties.

• Love 9
(edited)

I think there are a lot of people who are accepting yet don't understand everything or know all the correct words.  Totally understood what both Whoppie and Sunny were saying.  In the interview part it did not seem like Sara  understood some things the young people were talking about either.  I think the actor from younger (?) did not do a very good job explaining things although I give him credit for trying.  Also kind of would have liked it if they actually answered Sunnys questions.  There are probably many viewers who could have benefited.  

Edited by tribeca
  • Love 8

I don't think a 10 minute segment is enough for someone to learn all the nuances. I'm frankly confused by some of the terms too.  (Pan vs bi?). 

5 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I will give credit where credit is due, though. I'm so glad the show didn't air those two videos they were talking about

The Talk showed them and it was so disturbing I had to leave the room.

• Love 4