Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E17: Season 5 Reunion Special

• Start Topic

Hmmm... I think Danielle and Cody are keeping their sex life a secret.  I would not be surprised to find out they were having sex and did not feel obligated to share with the world.  I mean the sex question is offensive.

• Love 10
24 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

Cody I'm sure you haven't felt exposed enough in your marriage.

Anthony just barely missed admitting they knew each other before.

Anthony and Ashley knew each other before? I missed hearing that.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Jellybeans said:

Hmmm... I think Danielle and Cody are keeping their sex life a secret.  I would not be surprised to find out they were having sex and did not feel obligated to share with the world.  I mean the sex question is offensive.

I would actually think less of Cody if that's true.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, roseslg said:

How?? I am looking, but can't find it.  This first girl is a trainwreck.  

Wish I could help you more. I thought there was a box on the homepage (you click on your user name and settings come up...you are getting this information from a novice so use them at your own risk lol!) I hope what IrishPirate gave you a link for helped you. 

2 minutes ago, Deni said:

I don't know that (for sure). I'm snarking because I refuse to give the schlock "experts" any credit (except for the failures).

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Jellybeans said:

Agree its a bit much to be asking this of them....even more so how many times they had to deal with mentioning it. Yet I will say that its possible. Especially since we have no clue what else went on the whole time during those 8 weeks. The show gave us the edited lame crap of the over and over no sex talk. What if the rest of the time would have given us a look at a couple trying to make it work in ways we weren't seeing and thought they should? What if those scenes that got cut out showed us a couple that we would have seen end up together? If they are having sex and not saying it, I don't blame them. Especially when rachel the perv is drooling in front of them over it and that look comes over her face. *shudders*

1 minute ago, Deni said:

There was some theories here by a few that they had and with the way the show has recruited people it would be no surprise...more so if they wanted to make sure they had at least one couple more work in the end.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Already brain bleached N8 and Sheila, Code Man and Sia Bangs from my mind.

Will remember Ant/Ash by my/their awesome throw that I had knitted post show.

Please post a photo or PM me. I'd love to see it because I can't recall what the throw looked like. 

22 minutes ago, Jellybeans said:

Possible. I remember that a couple hid that fact last season. I was concerned that she said she didn't feel love. If you've been living with someone for 6 months and you don't feel love, can you ever feel it? When I was young, if I wasn't feeling something by the 4th or 5th date, I just quit returning phone calls, or I gave the "it's not you, it's me" speech.

1 hour ago, Jellybeans said:

On twitter recently, someone went after Cody. They said "at least I am having sex regularly". Cody responded with something like "so am I". 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Jellybeans said:

I agree with this . No way they would have stayed together all these months without having sex , especially because Cody was really antsy about it from the first month . If they really are still together I say they are definitely having sex but don't want to share it with the world 

• Love 4

I wish the "experts" were not the ones sitting with them and talking. The way they speak to the couples, the questions and then the stupid ass faces they make. UGH! And some stupid ass editing yet again done in the conversations. With the stupid "celebrating" that is just so fake IMO. 

Sorry to burst rachel's perv bubble but its not the question that we all wanted to know at all. Its the one she wanted to know and if she could get details she would. Can you imagine the breaks in filming with her? *hand clap* Could we get a drool cloth over here please? She has a wonky eye that drives me nuts when its a close up shot. LOL

Then to her being curious about Danielle and Cody's physical connection...not anything else but that. SMH Which yet again I could care less if these 2 ever had sex or do so its not something else I want to know at the very least. Heck I can bet we hear about them divorcing not to far off from now. I call bs on her excuse for not having sex yet. I say either they have and aren't saying (which IMO is fine) or they haven't still and are going to announce their split in the not to far future. We hear more of that "its in progress" from her. 

As if Anthony and Ashley wouldn't still be together. Of course yet again with the sex talk from rachel. *sigh*

Ok I have to say that if this was supposedly filmed back in Nov then the questions from "viewers" are bs or whoever said this was filmed back in Nov was wrong and it was filmed more recently so questions from viewers were plucked off of SM to ask them. 

OMG I don't know if it was just the moments caught but a few of the people looked like they were giving some looks towards the "experts"....and wouldn't surprise me if they were. LOL

1 minute ago, athousandclowns said:

Have mercy , are they rying to ruin chocolate for me.?  

Yes. Yes they are. Maybe that rachel was plotting this from the beginning to destroy chocolate for all. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

He needs to DUMP her ASAP.  So sick of them and their "nothing".

Never gonna happen. That would require him to take charge.

5 hours ago, ketose said:

Damn! Danielle is freakin short. Did they shoot her standing on a platform the whole season?

Finally, someone said it! I've been noticing since the first episode that she reaches his nipples. When they're standing next to each other it looks like he can rest his arm on her head. When she's wearing leggings or tight jeans her legs looked so stumpy. You've probably been focusing on something else because whenever she was on screen that was all I would notice. That and her overgrown, greasy bangs. 

5 hours ago, Jellybeans said:

J doubt it. I really think she just isn't attracted to him sexually, but she is too nice to do anything about it.

I bet they have never farted in front of each other. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

I agree with this . No way they would have stayed together all these months without having sex , especially because Cody was really antsy about it from the first month . If they really are still together I say they are definitely having sex but don't want to share it with the world 

Does anyone remember Bill Clinton's "It depends on what your definition of "is" is"?  Cody and Danielle could be hiding their physical intimacy on a technicality.

Maybe they're doing everything else in bed except intercourse.  Danielle could be hung up on that one act, like she will only do that if she is "in love" because that's the one act that involves complete surrender.  Almost like the 1950s logic of young women that thought if they preserved their virginity they could still be "good girls", meanwhile they were the queen of the back seat BJ.  If she wanted to know exactly what they were doing if anything, Rachel should have asked them if they're having any physical intimacy at all and if so, how much.  Of course, that would actually be too personal and tough to answer without embarrassing them, but just asking them broadly if they've "had sex" lets them get out of answering it if they confine "sex" to "intercourse" and consider everything else, including hand jobs, etc. as "not technically sex"..

5 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

He's got a side chick?

She's probably giving him BJs but she's not calling it "sex" while he is, LOL.

• Love 1

The reunion show that just aired was filmed only 1 month after the 8 weeks ended (taped on Nov 5th).... so not surprising Cody and Danielle still were willing to make a try at the marriage.   There was a reunion filmed on July 12th  but it seems that may not air.  

Edited by Northerner
  • Love 7
8 hours ago, Evil Queen said:

No surprise there with her. She was probably drooling over what details she might get out of them and their sex lives. She always gets this gross look on her face when it comes to sex.

Rachel just gets creepier and creepier, IMO.  What happened to the Tantric sex master she sent Nick and Sonia to in their season?  We had 2 couples this season that clearly needed sex therapy and all she could do is spew meaningless generalities with euphemisms about "chocolate" with that gross look on her face. Ewwwww.

Edited by Snarklepuss
  • Love 3
33 minutes ago, Northerner said:

The reunion show that just aired was filmed only 1 month after the 8 weeks ended (taped on Nov 5th).... so not surprising Cody and Danielle still were willing to make a try at the marriage.   There was a reunion filmed on July 12th  but it seems that may not air.  

Wait....What?  I thought this was the July 12th reunion.  I didn't even know there was an earlier one filmed!  I just saw your post on the other thread.  Looks to me like they decided to go with the one that made them look the most successful.  Why would they even film two reunions, though?  It makes no sense, but nothing about this show ever made any sense, to be honest!

I see some repeats scheduled for August 6 and 13 on FYI.  The latter time is listed as an hour and a half long, which is weird.  Now I'm pissed.  This early reunion means NOTHING.  They could all be divorced by now for all we know, although I doubt that with Ash/Ant.  This show sucks already, now even MORE.

• Love 6

I didn't like this reunion one bit.  What are we, the audience Jackasses?  The way they showed Sheila & Nate with their faces down, all looking sad before the answer ... then them smiling broadly saying "YES, we are together, and then the experts clapping and smiling like the jokes on us.  What bullshit!   What Drama!  What phonies.  Same with Danielle & Cody.   Married without sex .. Yeah right.  Another bullshit.  I don't see any emotion from that girl.  All I've been hearing from her is "we're working on it" .. For nine months?  O.k., then they're both stupid, or they're really doing it and we're stupid.  All trickery and a guessing game.  Six months from now, Anthony & Ashley will be the only ones together.  F..k You show.  And, get those "Experts" out of my face, along with the drool cloth.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Jellybeans said:

This whole sham of a show is offensive to us, the viewers.  It was like a child's game.  They has us duped .. Hardy ha ha.  I'm laughing like those stupid experts.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Northerner said:

Do you have a link to this information? I haven't read it anywhere, but here. Thanks. 

41 minutes ago, cardigirl said:

Do you have a link to this information? I haven't read it anywhere, but here. Thanks. 

I posted some links from twitter in the SM section of this forum.   I didnt know either.    But someone who runs a page was asking Sheila when this was filmed and she said in November.     I do recall seeing the post on Ashley's page on July 12 saying this was it....and that there were two parts to the reunion.   This second one filmed on July 12 caught attention as Sheila wasnt in the pic they shared....and it raised eyebrows, but I do wonder if she isnt in it at that time as by then she was done with the editing job and seemed to want no part.   I dont know that.   From that same twitter source posted on the SM section  this second reunion type show , more informal meeting with the couples, may or may not air.   

I'm new to posting here but read nearly every day....   so dont want to post twitter links here.    

Last night,  A2 and Sheila/Nate were both relieved to be able to post normal things.   A2  about going to Walgreens..... Sheila discussed their trip to Bahamas coming up...I assume this weekend as this is their 1st year anniversary.     So I 100 pct believe both are together.     Cody and Danielle  were pretty quiet   so my hunch is after the November reunion taping and over the next months they tried but decided to divorce....  I dont know that and nothing I have read says yes or no to that idea.   

• Love 3

Neurochick and Evil Queen, the "drinking while watching" is a running joke. There's a variation for every cringe-worthy "Reality" show. ??

No way did any of these people know each other before. It serves no good purpose to conjure "theories" out of the clear blue.

I now think that Danielle and Cody deserve each other. (Gem 10, Cody doesn't want a doll WITH bangs; he wants a doll THAT bangs. ?),

And no, previous-season "Stashley" wouldn't have liked Cody "Beige" McBlanderson; her whole thing was "dark and handsome." 

Our Ashley must have been instructed to wear a fuller dress, because otherwise, being thought pregnant might have been insulting! Also, yep, Anthony is hangin' with the Bro-in-Law; MIL visits; he's talking "family"----I hope to be on their "10th Anniversary" forum witch youse guys!

Finally, as long as Nate believes he hit the Halle Berry Jackpot, he and Sheila are good.

Chicago 3---Normality 0! ? 

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, Swim mom said:

Possible. I remember that a couple hid that fact last season. I was concerned that she said she didn't feel love. If you've been living with someone for 6 months and you don't feel love, can you ever feel it? When I was young, if I wasn't feeling something by the 4th or 5th date, I just quit returning phone calls, or I gave the "it's not you, it's me" speech.

Danielle said she still didn't feel "in love" - and there's a difference there (although still just as concerning). Rarely do couples in long term marriages feel "in love" with their spouse all the time. That's a feeling that ebbs and flows. If Danielle believes one is supposed to feel "in love" with their spouse all the time, then her expectations for marriage are unrealistic.

That being said, maintaining an active and fulfilling sex life can help reignite that feeling of being "in love." However, it appears Danielle has never felt "in love" with Cody at any point in their (short) relationship, so I can understand why that's a concern.

I could be absolutely wrong about this, but all along I've felt, based on what Danielle said (numerous times) about wanting a more "take charge" and "assertive" man (paraphrasing), and Cody mentioning he wants to respect Danielle's feelings about 'taking it slow," that what Danielle really is looking for is for Cody be more forceful in his sexual overtures, while Cody is waiting for an invitation. When I say "forceful," I do NOT mean this in a rape-y way at all. But perhaps what Danielle is looking for is someone who will push her up against the wall and start kissing her - or some other action that shows they have passion for her, if that makes sense.  To me it seems Danielle is forever waiting for that moment, while Cody is forever waiting for Danielle to give him "permission."

Edited by TwirlyGirly
  • Love 3

I was shocked that Danielle and Cody hadn't "done it" yet until I realized this reunion was only a month after the final decision. And I have to say, they seemed to genuinely enjoy each other's company. I can understand a little better now why they are still trying. Since everything is upside down on this show, they're just doing it backwards. Get married, then slowly fall in love. They don't ever seem to have anything bad to say about each other. Even if they've since split, in that moment, I was rooting for them.

Of course Rachel is going to pursue the sex questions. She's the sexpert. That's why she's there. And Pastor Calvin is going to ask the "how does it make you feel when" questions because that's his job. I don't find Rachel creepy. I just think she has some unfortunate facial expressions. And hell yes, I totally want to know if Nate rang Sheila's bell and if Danielle finally said yes!

I absolutely drink when I watch. Do I have to? No. Do I want to? Yes! It's like popcorn at the movies. You don't need it, but somehow it enhances the experience. Relaxing at the end of a long day with a cocktail, some trash TV, and my peeps, is a treat I've earned. I'm going to enjoy every minute of it.

Overall, I felt warm and fuzzy after the reunion. Ok, except for Sheila & Nate. She still frustrates me. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Northerner said:

I posted some links from twitter in the SM section of this forum.   I didnt know either.    But someone who runs a page was asking Sheila when this was filmed and she said in November.     I do recall seeing the post on Ashley's page on July 12 saying this was it....and that there were two parts to the reunion.   This second one filmed on July 12 caught attention as Sheila wasnt in the pic they shared....and it raised eyebrows, but I do wonder if she isnt in it at that time as by then she was done with the editing job and seemed to want no part.   I dont know that.   From that same twitter source posted on the SM section  this second reunion type show , more informal meeting with the couples, may or may not air.   

Thanks for replying!  I did see that Twitter link on another site. 

I saw it posted on Instagram that Sheila was not at the second ‘reunion’ because she was dealing with flooding issues in her school district. And that happened this summer so that filming would have been more recent.  Maybe they will air that show at some point.

Edited by cardigirl
  • Love 1
25 minutes ago, cardigirl said:

Thanks for replying!  I did see that Twitter link on another site. 

I saw it posted on Instagram that Sheila was not at the second ‘reunion’ because she was dealing with flooding issues in her school district. And that happened this summer so that filming would have been more recent.  Maybe they will air that show at some point.

Thank you for the info why Shelia wasn't at that taping.   I looked at reports and lots of flooding northern suburbs in that July 11 to 21 period.

• Love 1

I don't get a vibe that Danielle & Cody are hiding any intimacy, at all. They just don't seem 'romantical' (Danielle's word). Every bit of 'romance' (was there any?) seemed forced to me. I think they just seem like friends who get along very well, but for Danielle in particular there's nothing more.

Snarkle good theory but I don't think she's giving BJs either. I think Jamie said she was for Doug before she had sex with him (I realize she's always out there with everything), but those two did seem like they had more going on between them then friendship. Cody would've looked happier had at least something been happening with her, as that would have showed hope for him & for them, but I just didn't see it there. I also think given the way Cody spoke about himself he would've been open about any intimacy with Danielle, even just to make himself look better.

If this was filmed in Nov it was just way too soon for any kind of reunion & makes me continue to feel they just want to settle in to Boston before any real updates come out.

And nothing will ever ruin chocolate for me, not even you Rachel.

• Love 4

In a nutshell, this is what's happening with all three couples:

1. Still no chocolate

2. Still no sexxxxx

3. Still no baby

Still getting to know each other, still learning how to be married, still learning to compromise, blah, blah, blah....

There, I saved ya'll from wasting an hour of your lives. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, TwirlyGirly said:

Danielle said she still didn't feel "in love" - and there's a difference there (although still just as concerning). Rarely do couples in long term marriages feel "in love" with their spouse all the time. That's a feeling that ebbs and flows. If Danielle believes one is supposed to feel "in love" with their spouse all the time, then her expectations for marriage are unrealistic.

I agree with you once people are already married, but don't you agree that to get married in the first place one should feel "in love" with their partner?  I think Danielle is right to want to feel this way first so she knows she's on the right track with the right person, but why she didn't feel that way by the time of this reunion and still acts hopeful for it is concerning.  It probably should have happened by then, although now we know the reunion probably happened a little too early to expect that.  Although she may have thrown in the towel since then, we don't know yet.

1 hour ago, gonecrackers said:

Snarkle good theory but I don't think she's giving BJs either. I think Jamie said she was for Doug before she had sex with him (I realize she's always out there with everything), but those two did seem like they had more going on between them then friendship. Cody would've looked happier had at least something been happening with her, as that would have showed hope for him & for them, but I just didn't see it there. I also think given the way Cody spoke about himself he would've been open about any intimacy with Danielle, even just to make himself look better.

Not even hand jobs?  LOL ;-)  I thought Cody looked more relaxed and less stressed out about "no sex yet" on the reunion hence the theories.  Maybe he did get a blowup doll, LOL.  Or it was just that the show portrayed him as just on the verge of bailing all the time because of it when that wasn't true and he was really more patient.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

They are beyond that.  They both need their heads examined.  There is something seriously wrong with them.  Cody is a wuss and Danielle is ..... What?  There are no words.  And the experts think all this is normal?   They are clapping and laughing with happiness.  I just want to rip their heads off.

Danielle says she isn't "in love" yet as her reason for not having sex.  Seriously?  It's not like she is a virgin. Was she in love before having sex with her other boyfriends? The population would be cut in half if being in love was a prerequisite for sex!   Is she even attracted to him? Do, they have foreplay or kiss or is it just completely platonic? Hey Danielle, maybe you will fall in love by having sex.  It's the natural progression if you are having "any" kind of a physical relationship.  This isn't a show to find the perfect roommate.  Free Cody if this is never going to happen. 

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, Snarklepuss said:

I agree with you once people are already married, but don't you agree that to get married in the first place one should feel "in love" with their partner?  I think Danielle is right to want to feel this way first so she knows she's on the right track with the right person,

Maybe so, but she signed up for MAFS, so she knew she would not be in love with the man she didn't even know. And I'll be with you in repeating myself - she said 'chemistry is important' to her, & that can't be gauged on paper. She took a huge chance she should not have taken.

She's said a few times she realizes this is 'growing in love', so maybe she really did hold out some hope that would happen. But I agree with you she should've at least been getting on that track by the time the 8 wks was over. She never said she felt love was coming, just, she's 'trying'. I found it almost as annoying to hear her keep saying that as it was to hear Cody constantly whining about not having sex. They were both irritating.

14 minutes ago, Snarklepuss said:

Not even hand jobs?  LOL ;-)  I thought Cody looked more relaxed and less stressed out about "no sex yet" on the reunion hence the theories.  Maybe he did get a blowup doll, LOL.  Or it was just that the show portrayed him as just on the verge of bailing all the time because of it when that wasn't true and he was really more patient.

LOL; wouldn't know. Maybe he was more relaxed because they were actually headed for divorce, or he's back with his hook ups. I thought he looked miserable & that they were putting up a front but maybe it was just me. I don't see any kind of sexual vibe between them; of course we'll never know the real deal behind the scenes though.

I think the next few weeks will be telling, especially once Boston is set to go (if it ever is), & they pass, or don't pass, the one year mark.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

LOL; wouldn't know. Maybe he was more relaxed because they were actually headed for divorce, or he's back with his hook ups. I thought he looked miserable & that they were putting up a front but maybe it was just me. I don't see any kind of sexual vibe between them; of course we'll never know the real deal behind the scenes though.

I think the next few weeks will be telling, especially once Boston is set to go (if it ever is), & they pass, or don't pass, the one year mark.

I missed Cody looking miserable, maybe because he has never looked even close to enthusiastic about anything on the show, LOL.  I guess I'm thinking that maybe they were hiding some of what they were doing like Sonia and Nick did for their own weird reasons.  I never got any sexual vibe with them either, then we found out they were doing it and not telling anyone.  So who knows, really?  Although you're probably right that these two are just a big zero together. 

I wonder if after the Boston cast is set and married they'll show the later reunion.  Are they ever going to drop the other shoe or are we going to have to resort to online sources to find out what's going on today?

• Love 3

Hmmm, I just can't continue with this show since I'm not interested in other people's sexual lives, don't believe for one minute most of the things that happen and because the experts are annoying. Although I do like the Rev most of the time. Those other two... just can't deal. So I guess I will turn my attention to Twitter where they post more realistically or at least a different brand of dribble. Reading your posts is good enough..

Oh, wait, I did this last season also.

23 minutes ago, Snarklepuss said:

I missed Cody looking miserable, maybe because he has never looked even close to enthusiastic about anything on the show, LOL.  I guess I'm thinking that maybe they were hiding some of what they were doing like Sonia and Nick did for their own weird reasons. 

Maybe it's just him then, & the show of course.  I recall him mostly blah faced until Rachel said 'look at everyone they're all smiling' then BOOM, big smile from Cody LOL. Of course, there's always editing...

Could be they've pulled a Nick & Sonia as well. I wouldn't blame anyone for not wanting to deal with that convo on TV. We can't all be Sheila, discussing our lack of 'chocolate' with the world.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Never gonna happen. That would require him to take charge.

Finally, someone said it! I've been noticing since the first episode that she reaches his nipples. When they're standing next to each other it looks like he can rest his arm on her head. When she's wearing leggings or tight jeans her legs looked so stumpy. You've probably been focusing on something else because whenever she was on screen that was all I would notice. That and her overgrown, greasy bangs. 

J doubt it. I really think she just isn't attracted to him sexually, but she is too nice to do anything about it.

I bet they have never farted in front of each other. 

I thought Danielle farted in bed once. 

16 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I don't understand why some feel the need to drink to watch this silly show.  I realized a long time ago that my way isn't the way for everyone and some folks do things differently.  That said I wonder how long these couples will stay married.  Didn't all the couples from two seasons ago get divorced?

IMO, as soon as their contractual obligations end with the show, so will the "marriages."  Maybe A&A make it, but, even with them it's doubtful...real life does interfere.  Remember Tom and Lily???  They professed the "success" of their marriage until it was over...

• Love 2

They only thing I can think of is maybe the show paid Danielle & Cody to stay married so they wouldn't continue to have a poor track record. I just can't understand why they are still together when they look awkward around each other and still haven't had sex yet. It is obvious that Danielle isn't attracted to him.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Snarklepuss said:

I guess I'm thinking that maybe they were hiding some of what they were doing like Sonia and Nick did for their own weird reasons. 

What the what???!! How the heck did I miss that tidbit of info? Their whole entire doomed marriage was about Nick not being attracted to Sonia, what was his problem, the guy is so weird, etc, etc, etc.  So is this entire show (meaning all seasons) just a big bunch of BS? Nick and Sonia are not together now, right? 

• Love 1

Something tells me Danielle and Cody are doing just fine.  They have to be soooo offended... they were the only couple to be asked "are you having sex" instead of "are you still married" which is very offensive.  Yes that was the storyline but it still is not appropriate at a reunion show.  I think they have a better chance than Nate and Sheila!

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

What the what???!! How the heck did I miss that tidbit of info? Their whole entire doomed marriage was about Nick not being attracted to Sonia, what was his problem, the guy is so weird, etc, etc, etc.  So is this entire show (meaning all seasons) just a big bunch of BS? Nick and Sonia are not together now, right? 

They are not together now, but they hid the fact that they had sex until after Sonia moved out (during the show).  Pastor Calvin went to talk with both of them and Sonia told him they were having sex.  Nick claimed that he was being a gentleman by not talking about it until Sonia was ready for the news to become public.  

• Love 1