Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

21 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

The only Krista I know of in their circles is Krista Gay, but I think she's too old and too progressive for Jed.

That sounds like it might be her. The girl in question delated progressive stuff from her social media.

Editing to add: it is her. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Useful 1

Some woman who's been in law school is going to marry Jed?

Something's really scared her back to her sick and twisted roots, I suppose. 

Yeesh. 

And here she is -- https://www.brooklaw.edu/News-and-Events/Meet-the-Graduates/Krista-Gay

I guess she went to John Brown U, like Marjorie? 

Very very very very very very very very very hard to believe. .... The details tell me this must be the same woman. But very very very very very very very very very very hard to believe. 

Hometown: Athens, Vt.
Career plans: Assistant Corporation Counsel at New York City Law Department, Labor & Employment Division; Law Clerk to U.S. Magistrate Judge in the Eastern District of New York

Recipient of the Robert A. Kahn Family Law Scholarship

Why did you choose Brooklyn Law School?
I wasn’t sure if I wanted to practice public interest or corporate law, and I liked that Brooklyn Law School placed equal emphasis on both. That, as well as the Law School’s location, gave me the chance to explore different options.

What is the most surprising thing you learned at Brooklyn Law School?
I really learned the importance of networking here. Almost every opportunity I’ve had has been through a professor or graduate I’ve connected with. I cannot say enough about the alumni here; they are truly amazing.

What law school accomplishment are you most proud of?
My note on how corporate parental leave policies might violate Title VII was published in the Brooklyn Journal of Corporate, Financial & Commercial Law. Then one day when I was working as a law clerk at the employment firm, Outten & Golden, my note came up in my legal research. It was a proud moment when I realized that what I wrote could have a real-world impact.

What has been your greatest challenge in law school and how did you overcome it?
I’ve always lived in very small towns so moving to the city—particularly New York City—has been a big adjustment. Fortunately, my Brooklyn Law School colleagues have been wonderful and have helped me navigate some of the most basic tasks, such as grocery shopping without a car.

If you could come back and teach a class here, any class, one we have or one of your own invention, what would it be?
I would want to teach networking for law students. Studying is important, of course, but it’s also important to learn how to connect with people who can mentor you and help you get your foot in the door.

What is your favorite place in Brooklyn and why?
I like the Promenade because from there you can see the city living and working, but at the same time it’s quiet and calm.

What advice would you give to an incoming law student?
Meet as many people as you can, especially those whose interests differ from yours. I find that when I learn about a legal topic from someone who is really passionate about it, it makes that topic so much more interesting to me. So, spend time with people whose passions are different from your own.

What’s a fun fact you can share with us about you or your experience at Brooklyn Law School?
I have been able to subsidize law school with my online business, where I buy used items and resell them online. This neighborhood has the best thrift stores!

image.png.57cb780843f8c18f3e8502cd9730c63d.png

I don't see how her career plans are going to work out.....

Mind. Blown. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 11
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Some woman who's been in law school is going to marry Jed?

Something's really scared her back to her sick and twisted roots, I suppose. 

Yeesh. 

Wow I so hope that’s just a rumor...stuck with a young, arrogant, ignorant headship and have to kiss his behind for all eternity while churning out babies?

Hell right here on earth.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, Nysha said:

The bunk bed is the icing on the childish cupcake. Who would vote for a man who lives at home, has his clothes and behavior still dictated by his parents, and shares a room with a boatload of little brothers? Might as well elect an extremely immature 16 year old.

And has never been educated

• Love 13
3 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

The Almighty is behind him. 

....gesticulating wildly and mouthing 'Vote for Megan!'

He can hardly speak coherently. I'm worried, but not overly so.

Edited by JoanArc
  • LOL 14
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I can't copy the pictures, but she was at Jinger's wedding and she has hung out with the Duggars at Big Sandy.

So when they have a God-honoring marriage, then he loses, then what?

Bonus points that this would be a 'Gay Marriage'.

Edited by JoanArc
  • LOL 11
3 hours ago, Temperance said:

Jed is rumored to be courting some woman named Krista. I have no idea if this is true. 

Wtf. I remember Krista. She had a tumblr not too long ago where she talked about very progressive things. She deleted it shortly after graduating from law school because she didn't want people at her job to find it.

I honestly do not believe this. They must have forced her into it.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Wtf. I remember Krista. She had a tumblr not too long ago where she talked about very progressive things. She deleted it shortly after graduating from law school because she didn't want people at her job to find it.

I think there may be good reason not to believe it. This is idle speculation and the sources aren't that good. It does look she's headed towards Arkansas, but that may be to be closer to friends and family. I don't really know anything about her,  so it's possible this is not even close to true.  We've seen this before with all those guys who were "courting" Jana. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, galaxygirl76 said:

On reddit posters are saying that that part of Arkansas is fairly liberal and people there hate the Duggars. Don't know how true that is but the incumbent is a Democrat woman so there's that 🙂

And Arkansas was also once Clinton country.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Lunera said:

Oh HER!!!! I remember that blog very well. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, MonicaM said:

I hope he loses in a record landslide.  However, I'm a bit concerned because Arkansas is, after all, Huckabee country.  Does anyone know how much clout the Duggar name actually has in their home state?  Jed has the advantage of name recognition, and access to free media coverage.  Those can be just as important in an election as the candidate's stand on issues.  

I might be more inclined to laugh at his candidacy, except for the big surprise the country had in the last presidential election.  🤢😒😢

I think Arkansas gets greatly oversimplified in political discussions. (Said by someone who's lived here most of her life and is a pretty avid follower of local politics.)

Are large swaths of the state very conservative? Yep. But there are parts of the state that are quite liberal and progressive, and NWA is one of them. Beyond Fayetteville and Little Rock, there's a little town called Eureka Springs about an hour from where the Duggars live that is probably one of the most LGBT-friendly places in the state--and some would argue the South, to not be a metro area--and has been for a long time. (I haven't seen it, but there's a documentary from last year called The Gospel of Eureka that talks about the bizarre dual identity of the town that is the Gay Capital of the Ozarks that also is well known for its massive Christ of the Ozarks statue and its Evangelical passion play.) 

Also, there are a pretty good chunk of older Arkansas voters who are conservative but still diehard Democrats. The proverbial yellow dog Democrats.

I can't speak specifically for Springdale, but Fayetteville itself is sort of comparable to Austin in Texas. There's a very popular "Keep Fayetteville Funky" bumper sticker in town for a reason. 

The Duggars don't really have the clout outside of their fundie circle that one would think. A lot of other people around here are indifferent to them or can't stand them. There's a reason why Jim Bob's political career crashed and burned. Michelle also pissed a lot of folks off with her robo calls a few years ago. I lived in Fayetteville when that happened, and people were complaining bitterly about it. She couldn't have picked a worse place in Arkansas to do transphobic robo calls. 

9 hours ago, galaxygirl76 said:

On reddit posters are saying that that part of Arkansas is fairly liberal and people there hate the Duggars. Don't know how true that is but the incumbent is a Democrat woman so there's that 🙂

Yeah, as I mentioned above, I am not as familiar with Springdale's politics as I am Fayetteville's. But the general tone of the area--minus, say, Bentonville--is much less conservative than one would expect.

I don't know this woman, but just looking at her website, she seems to have her shit together. I, um, kind of look forward to Jed's attempts to debate her. 😂

Edited to add: There's a pretty sizable Hispanic community in Springdale, and it looks like she is smart enough to recognize that and reach out to them as potential voters. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 19
  • Love 2

I think it will be really hard for Jed to be in politics. He's never been out of the house. He's never spoken to people outside of the cult. He's never has his point of view challenged -- ever -- and certainly not by a woman.

What do they plan to do if by some horrible fluke he gets elected? Will he commute to Little Rock? He can't live outside the TTH until he's married, and they sure don't want him beyond JB's umbrella of authority.

• Love 20
6 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

I think it will be really hard for Jed to be in politics. He's never been out of the house. He's never spoken to people outside of the cult. He's never has his point of view challenged -- ever -- and certainly not by a woman.

What do they plan to do if by some horrible fluke he gets elected? Will he commute to Little Rock? He can't live outside the TTH until he's married, and they sure don't want him beyond JB's umbrella of authority.

Since Jim Bob's made sure his kids can do every job in the world, the Howlers will be building a tunnel from the TTH to the statehouse and installing a specially crafted supersonic powered soapbox derby car to act as Jed's personal subway. 

Jed will continue to sleep in his tinker-bunk and, when required, he'll simply descend to the tunnel and whiz to the capital in no time -- without the inconvenience of encountering any heathens on the way. 

Of course -- in the tradition of his patriarch, and at the special request of Jesus -- he'll only be required to appear at the statehouse when one of a handful of Very Special Issues is on the docket -- abortion, birth control, gay rights, trans people going to the bathroom, evolution or sex education in the classroom, or the long-awaited return of prayer to the public schools. So he'll only need to use the tunnel about once a month, if that. 

Or....he'll marry this poor confused woman, Krista. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 22
  • Love 1

The Duggars really don't have an accurate picture of who they are or how the real world works.

Two thirds of the country prefer well informed, educated folks with critical thinking skills, holding office. Seeing as Jed is not well informed, not educated and lacks critical thinking skills, it doesn't seem likely that he will be elected.

But if he upgrades his campaign office, maybe he'll win.

zu39765785_main_tm1466180152.jpg

• LOL 22
3 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Since Jim Bob's made sure his kids can do every job in the world, the Howlers will be building a tunnel from the TTH to the statehouse and installing a specially crafted supersonic powered soapbox derby car to act as Jed's personal subway. 

Jed will continue to sleep in his tinker-bunk and, when required, he'll simply descend to the tunnel and whiz to the capital in no time -- without the inconvenience of encountering any heathens on the way. 

Of course -- in the tradition of his patriarch, and at the special request of Jesus -- he'll only be required to appear at the statehouse when one of a handful of Very Special Issues is on the docket -- abortion, birth control, gay rights, trans people going to the bathroom, evolution or sex education in the classroom, or the long-awaited return of prayer to the public schools. So he'll only need to use the tunnel about once a month, if that. 

Or....he'll marry this poor confused woman, Krista. 

I'm laughing at the idea that a Duggar can accomplish something that Elon Musk has failed to do.   I'm guessing one of them saw that 60 minutes piece and are now experts.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, MonicaM said:

I hope he loses in a record landslide.  However, I'm a bit concerned because Arkansas is, after all, Huckabee country.  Does anyone know how much clout the Duggar name actually has in their home state?  Jed has the advantage of name recognition, and access to free media coverage.  Those can be just as important in an election as the candidate's stand on issues.  

That may actually hurt him. Remember Kim Davis, the Rowan County (Kentucky) Clerk who refused to issue marriage licenses to gay couples because of her "religious beliefs"? She had her fifteen minutes of fame, was publicly embraced by Mike Huckabee, and was sounded defeated for re-election by her Democratic challenger last November. Her defeat was attributed in part to a lack of support from the conservative white Christian voters who had put her in office in the first place. They turned on her because, even though they might privately agree with everything she said, they felt that she was too self-aggrandizing and that she brought too much bad publicity down on their community, making them all look like a bunch of ignorant bigots. I suspect that there are many conservative voters in Jed's district who are similarly fed up with the Duggars and might enjoy the chance to see them taken down a peg.

Edited by Albanyguy
  • Love 17

Well, bet y'all didn't know that HE is THE owner of Champion motorcars.....Wonder if his brothers knew that? 

"Jed Duggar was born and raised in Northwest Arkansas and is the owner of Champion Motorcars in Springdale. The 10th of 19 biological children, he was most recently the campaign manager for Senator Bob Ballinger’s successful 2018 State Senate bid. Prior to that, Jed served as a legislative assistant at the Arkansas State Capitol during the 2017 legislation session. For more than 10 years, he and his family have participated in many mission trips to remote villages in El Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras, serving in orphanages and building churches.  painting four-year-old's fingernails and passing out off-brand, past-their-expiration-date dum dums to all. He is an active member of Lighthouse Baptist Church in Springdale where he has led a Sunday morning ministry group at the Fayetteville Veterans Home since 2015.

"Jed is a pro-life conservative and a member of the National Rifle Association (NRA). He is pro-business, pro-family, and is committed to putting Springdale’s conservative values first."

'“I have grown up in the Springdale area all my life and as a local small-business owner, I understand the important issues facing the residents and businesses of District 89. I will fight for sound economic policies, push for more tax relief for all Arkansans, and advocate for conservative values. I am a Christian and I will stand up for religious liberty, I am pro-life and I will be an advocate for the unborn, and I will always defend our Second Amendment. With your support, I will be a strong, conservative voice in Little Rock for District 89.”'

"100%  Pro-Life. [ETA: For Some, Because I Strongly Support the Death Penalty.]

"I am a Christian and pro-life conservative who values the fact that life begins at conception. I believe every human life is created in God’s image, and we must stand up for those who cannot speak for themselves. As your state representative, I will always advocate for pro-life measures that protect the lives of the unborn, those with disabilities and the elderly."

"Lower Taxes

"Arkansans understand the value of hard work and the dignity that comes with providing for our families. ...[except in the case of the Duggar brothers, in which case ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.]That’s why I believe that if you’re willing to work, you should be able to keep more of your hard-earned money. Unfortunately, our state still has one of the highest overall tax burdens in the country, and while we have made great strides in that area, there is much more that can be done. As your state representative, I will work to provide tax relief for hard-working taxpayers and small business owners in Springdale and across our state.

"The Second Amendment

"I am a lifelong supporter of the 2nd Amendment [and in fact I came out of the womb screaming "God! Guns! But No Gays!"] and I believe it is crystal clear. As your voice in Little Rock, I will defend our right to keep and bear arms and I will take a stand against liberal judges who trample on our God-given constitutional rights. In addition, I believe sportsmen and hunters are a vital part of environmental sustainability and their contributions to local wildlife conservation across our state must be protected. [Otherwise, however, I do not give a flying crap for the (ewwww) "environment," "sustainability" (double ewwwww -- bring on the styrofoam plates!) or animals of any kind. (Don't try being a damn dog or cat in our house! Rawwrrrr!)]"

"Growing Jobs

"Springdale is in the heart of Northwest Arkansas, the economic engine of the state. In the last five years, Arkansas has witnessed record-low unemployment, more than 90,000 new jobs, and billions of dollars in economic investments. We certainly have the momentum, but we cannot afford to let our foot off the gas. [That's why my patriarch alone pledges to keep ALL his sons and as many of his sons-in-law as will put up with it personally employed in his own businesses....AND pledges to keep any and all wimminfolk in our family exactly WHERE THEY SHOULD BE -- barefoot and heating up those cans of Campbell's cream soup and stirring in the Velveeta -- not out taking away any of you menfolk's employment!] As your state representative, I will fight to keep government out of the way and push back on burdensome regulations that hurt our small businesses here in Springdale. Let’s give our small business owners the ability to what they do best: create jobs."

"For Veterans

"For many years I have led a Sunday morning ministry group at the Fayetteville Veterans Home. These men and women and their families are the unsung heroes of our day. [Despite the fact that noone in my godly family will serve for one second in the heathen-infested military! (and where somebody might point guns at us!!!!]  Veterans are responsible for the very freedoms we enjoy, and I will never forget the service and sacrifice it took to protect those freedoms. We must encourage incentives for businesses in our state to hire veterans and opportunities that give back to those who have put their lives in harm’s way. As your state representative, I will fight for policies that support our veteran community in Arkansas."

"Religious Liberty

"People of faith understand that worship is not only confined to the four walls of church, it must be lived out in our daily life. Business owners and employees should never be forced to choose between violating their religious conscience and breaking the law. [So git out the Betty Crocker and bake your own damn doggone gay (ewwwww!) wedding (double ewwwwww!) cakes.] Religious freedom is not only an American right, it is a fundamental human right. As your state representative, I will work to ensure that our laws clearly protect and defend religious liberty across our state."

"Combating the Opioid Crisis

"The opioid crisis is responsible for tens of thousands of deaths each year in the United States, with hundreds of deaths right here in Arkansas. This crisis affects people of every age, but our young people are most susceptible. We must combat this issue head on by promoting educational initiatives and working with non-profit and faith-based programs that encourage prevention, recovery and rehabilitation. As your state representative, I will work to implement sound, commonsense, and life-saving policies so that we might save the next generation from this deadly epidemic."

https://www.jedduggar.com/meet-jed/

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 9
  • Love 10
2 minutes ago, Spencer Hastings said:

Religious liberty? Religious liberty for everyone (Muslims, Judaism, Buddhists, Athiests...)or just for Christians?

I always ask this question, being Jewish.  For me too?  I have commented on some Facebook posts.  Somehow the OP doesn't respond, nor do they block me.  I don't do this often and am a low presence on Facebook. It's handy to keep up with some family news.

• Love 16
1 minute ago, Spencer Hastings said:

Religious liberty? Religious liberty for everyone (Muslims, Judaism, Buddhists, Athiests...)or just for Christians?

Just for conservative Protestants. .....And maybe a little for conservative Catholics. 

Not for others. 

• Love 7

I love how vague his platform is--because he knows jackshit beyond basic talking points.

That's something that impressed me with Megan's website. That woman has clearly articulated issues she is passionate about--can explain why she is passionate about them--and even talks about specific details. 

I really am hoping there is some sort of debate between these two. Because while she's talking about her experiences as a wife, mother, teacher, and school co-director, Jed's just going to be left with what Mama and Daddy tells him. 

Also, fun fact: he does not live in that district. Or if he does, he's not living at home. The Duggar address is in District 80, not 89. 

43 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

That may actually hurt him. Remember Kim Davis, the Rowan County (Kentucky) Clerk who refused to issue marriage licenses to gay couples because of her "religious beliefs"? She had her fifteen minutes of fame, was publicly embraced by Mike Huckabee, and was sounded defeated for re-election by her Democratic challenger last November. Her defeat was attributed in part to a lack of support from the conservative white Christian voters who had put her in office in the first place. They turned on her because, even though they might privately agree with everything she said, they felt that she was too self-aggrandizing and that she brought too much bad publicity down on their community, making them all look like a bunch of ignorant bigots. I suspect that there are many conservative voters in Jed's district who are similarly fed up with the Duggars and might enjoy the chance to see them taken down a peg.

Yeah Huckabee still has his fans around here, but he also pissed a lot of people off. My late uncle was a very conservative Republican who was fairly active in county-level politics, and his nickname for Mike Huckabee was . . . Huckaboob. 😂

• LOL 3
  • Love 16
5 minutes ago, Zella said:

I love how vague his platform is--because he knows jackshit beyond basic talking points.

That's something that impressed me with Megan's website. That woman has clearly articulated issues she is passionate about--can explain why she is passionate about them--and even talks about specific details. 

I really am hoping there is some sort of debate between these two. Because while she's talking about her experiences as a wife, mother, teacher, and school co-director, Jed's just going to be left with what Mama and Daddy tells him. 

Also, fun fact: he does not live in that district. Or if he does, he's not living at home. The Duggar address is in District 80, not 89. 

Yeah Huckabee still has his fans around here, but he also pissed a lot of people off. My late uncle was a very conservative Republican who was fairly active in county-level politics, and his nickname for Mike Huckabee was . . . Huckaboob. 😂

Maybe his car lot is in that district. 

• Love 4
55 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

“I have grown up in the Springdale area all my life

This is a weird way to phrase it.  It would be better to say, "I grew up in the Springdale area," or "I've lived in the Springdale area all my life."

• Love 22
19 minutes ago, Rabbittron said:

Maybe his car lot is in that district. 

I did some snooping. His voter registration is tied to a residential address. I suspect it's one of his dad's properties. If he's not living at the residence--and hasn't been for the past year--he is not eligible to run as a representative in the district.

Hmm. . . . 

• Useful 7
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, Zella said:

I did some snooping. His voter registration is tied to a residential address. I suspect it's one of his dad's properties. If he's not living at the residence--and hasn't been for the past year--he is not eligible to run as a representative in the district.

Hmm. . . . 

Sic ‘em...😈

• LOL 7
  • Love 7
Just now, Oldernowiser said:

Sic ‘em...😈

I'm definitely holding onto that tidbit to send to Megan's campaign, along with a donation. 😇

It is truly Duggar dumb to be on a reality show that shows where you live and have it so blatantly conflict with the information you provide for public office. 

• Love 23

This article mentions young Jed's run and notes Springdale's demographics skew more toward Megan.

https://www.swtimes.com/opinion/20191103/six-questions-as-campaign-filing-begins

"The district’s demographic trends – it’s urban with a large Hispanic population – helped Godfrey get elected, and she’s young and dynamic and a fresh face."

Seriously, I think I might be looking more forward to this shit-show than updates on Nurie's "courting." LOLOL

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
14 minutes ago, Zella said:

I'm definitely holding onto that tidbit to send to Megan's campaign, along with a donation. 😇

It is truly Duggar dumb to be on a reality show that shows where you live and have it so blatantly conflict with the information you provide for public office. 

Would it surprise anyone if he didn’t even bother to check the requirements?

• LOL 11
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Would it surprise anyone if he didn’t even bother to check the requirements?

On the contrary, I think it indicates a pretty blatant example of knowing the requirements and seeking to circumvent them. The Duggar's home district already has a Republican representative, so I think they're trying to target a Democratic district and signing up Jed with a fishy address to barely meet the requirements. I'm sure they're so arrogant it didn't even occur to them that people might question their story.  

I also don't think he would be allowed to file if he didn't on the surface meet the requirements. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 6
  • Love 10
3 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

His voter registration is the TTH. Is that not in the correct district? Washington County.

Washington County has numerous districts. His registration info on the secretary of state website shows him not being at the TTH. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
Just now, Zella said:

Washington County has numerous districts. His sample ballot on the secretary of state website shows him not being at the TTH. 

Huh, I just looked him up and he's listed at the TTH.