Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, larfs said:

Jana is the only kidult not mentioned there. Perhaps her new gardening duties are not considered exciting enough for a mention.

Poor Jana. I wonder how she feels now that another sister is fleeing the coop. At this rate, I can't imagine too many guys are beating down the door to date a nearly 27 year-old virgin. The only reason Jeremy met Jinger was because of Jessa. I don't think he's any great catch, but it can't be any worse than life at the TTH.

• Love 3

Most of the younger girls are as old as Jana was when she had to take on buddy and household duties.  I don't think it's right but from the Duggar perspective they aren't too little or too young.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Poor Jana. I wonder how she feels now that another sister is fleeing the coop. At this rate, I can't imagine too many guys are beating down the door to date a nearly 27 year-old virgin. The only reason Jeremy met Jinger was because of Jessa. I don't think he's any great catch, but it can't be any worse than life at the TTH.

I hope it won't be, but it definitely could be. 

• Love 5
(edited)
11 hours ago, larfs said:

You could be right about Marjorie, this is from the Counting on Page.

'Here are the top 5 things we're most excited about for the new season:

Jinger and Jeremy's courtship bliss.

Jill and Derick are returning to Arkansas after a year of balancing mission work and raising their 1 1/2 year-old son in Central America.

Ben and Jessa are experiencing all the excitement of being new parents and possible plans for adoption, while Ben simultaneously organizes a football camp with ex-NFL players to mentor kids.

Joy, Jedidiah, and Jeremiah are reaching a milestone with high school graduation rapidly approaching.

John David, Joseph and Josiah could be seeking new relationships.'

Jana seems noticeably missing here. I do wonder why TLC wouldn't have conjured up some little plot line for her, since six of the ones that are here are really a whole lot of nothing and seem designed just to make sure that all the older kids that people supposedly want to watch are present and accounted for. Maybe they figured that the Jana the Builder plot line of the last series was her moment in the sun?

Edited by Churchhoney

TLC just doesn't listen. They ruin all their 'day in the life of' shows by trying to conjure up plot lines, when many viewers are just interested in seeing how other folks live. Once TLC thinks a show is popular, they start filming events; parties, vacations, holidays, etc.

I think Koka said it best; the banality of these shows is/was the formula for success.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, Absolom said:

Most of the younger girls are as old as Jana was when she had to take on buddy and household duties.  I don't think it's right but from the Duggar perspective they aren't too little or too young.

Agreed.  But with that said, do they really want Josie licking everything?

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Agreed.  But with that said, do they really want Josie licking everything?

Michelle wouldn't notice or care and does anyone else really matter?   /sarcasm

• Love 5
11 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Jana seems noticeably missing here. I do wonder why TLC wouldn't have conjured up some little plot line for her, since six of the ones that are here are really a whole lot of nothing and seem designed just to make sure that all the older kids that people supposedly want to watch are present and accounted for. Maybe they figured that the Jana the Builder plot line of the last series was her moment in the sun?

It's just odd because TLC clearly realised she was a fan favourite and for them to mention every older kidult apart from her (and Josh obviously) doesn't make sense. It's good for Jana because I don't think she is a fan of the camera but I don't think TLC or Boob care what she wants so you'd think they would conjure something up to make it look like she is not just a depressed SAHD lingering in the background.

• Love 1

Maybe Jana finally grew a backbone and told them she didn't want to be part of the show.

Who am I kidding? She'll be trotted out just like the rest of them and they'll tease "is she or isn't she courting."

• Love 7

So if Jana doesn't have an impending escape plan she is being left behind with JoyAnna.  That seems like a sad and lonely position to be in, unless they rent more stay-at-home daughters from elsewhere to help with the cooking and the wash and the cleaning.  Maybe it's time for Johannah to step up and manage the kitchen.  With Jinger off to her life, does that leave a house of 18 people for Jana to manage?

I know he is legally an adult but I totally daydream about adopting Siah. Gay or straight he is just too creative, sensitive and dramatic for this stupid family. I'd love to take him to a barber and have him get a real, flattering haircut.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, riverblue22 said:

So if Jana doesn't have an impending escape plan she is being left behind with JoyAnna.  That seems like a sad and lonely position to be in, unless they rent more stay-at-home daughters from elsewhere to help with the cooking and the wash and the cleaning.  Maybe it's time for Johannah to step up and manage the kitchen.  With Jinger off to her life, does that leave a house of 18 people for Jana to manage?

I assume Tabby Paine is still on deck for the schooling? I wonder whether she and Jana hang out? I'd think they would.

1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

I assume Tabby Paine is still on deck for the schooling? I wonder whether she and Jana hang out? I'd think they would.

Maybe they could recruit Nurie Rodrigues. By all accounts, she seems like a pretty and sweet little thing and she might actually even  get something to eat on a regular basis and maybe Joseph would be a match for her.  Steve Maxwell likely wouldn't let Sarah go there even with the assurance that she wouldn't get to have any fun at all. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

I think it could go either way. They could be friends due to shared misery or they could avoid one another because nobody wants to be lumped in with an aging Spinster. Like once you're a member of the SAHD club, there's no going back.

• Love 1

How much real education do any of these fundies even need, though?  The girls all want to be wives and mothers and encouragers.  The boys all want to be tree pruners and grass mowers and be a servant's heart.

• Love 5

I keep thinking Jana will just lose it one day. She tries to pretend she is happy but she really isn't very convincing. I really don't want her to just become another Sarah Maxwell.

• Love 4

It occurred to me that the Duggars are always gushing out those awkward all-purpose statements of "praise" each time a kid has a birthday, and they so often include that the kid "has a servant's heart."

But ain't it a funny thing, that with all those blessed wonderful special precious "servant's hearts" on the premises, that the ONE person who actually lifts a damned finger to SERVE the family is - Jana? 

It was suggested in the Duggalo discussion, that when Jeremy just happened to travel 600+ miles to visit his "good friend" Ben, he might have originally scouted out Jana to court. Interesting that although Derick* and Jeremy are appropriate, age-wise, for Jana, she apparently wasn't interested in either one and they each turned to a younger daughter. Or, Boob pointed each of them to a younger daughter.

Good job dodging those bullets, Jana. 

*Derick may be a bit younger, come to think of it, but not much. 

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I think Jana/JD are about two months older than Derick, so it's basically a wash. Plus, KJB allowed the Ben/Jessa pairing.

Maybe JB & J'Chelle thought that Jessa was getting too big for her britches and hooked her up with Bin, a guy they knew would drag her down and tame her spirit?

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Jeeves said:

Interesting that although Derick* and Jeremy are appropriate, age-wise, for Jana, she apparently wasn't interested in either one and they each turned to a younger daughter.

Given what she's said about wanting a guy who works with his hands, I wonder if she's scoped out all the guys so far and decided that for her taste they didn't seem interested enough in doing real everyday work. I expect I'm giving her too much credit. But I still do wonder whether picking up an "I really want to be a missionary/pastor" vibe tells Cinderella that these aren't the guys for her, the ultimate worker bee.

• Love 4

Is Boob going to accept a guy who "works with his hands?" He's 3/3 with wannabe pastors so far. The kind of guy Jana wants would have to either a. Work for Boob (12th employee flipping houses/cars) or b. have his own business/farm/whatever that would take Jana off the reservation. I think they only let Muffy go because Derick is doing God's work. Same goes for Smuggar and his stint at the FRC. Would they let Jana leave to marry a guy who is established in business somewhere else? A business that may glorify God, but isn't directly related to religion? 

Gotta wonder...

• Love 6

It made me sad when Jana talked about wanting a guy with his own business so she could work alongside him. Does she not realize she's a legal adult and can get a job any time she wants one? Why does she have to wait until some guy comes along and passes Boob's ninety point inspection before she can work? 

• Love 13

I believe she would have turned down Derick and Jeremy but im willing to believe he has turned someone down in the past. But then again, would he really turn anyone down at this point? Letting her go would stop all the CinderJana gossip and bring in big ratings.

Edited by larfs
  • Love 3

I assume that the Duggars are going to time all their kids' courtships to work with the TLC show schedule. I think that this coming season they will feature - and drag out - the Duggalo courtship, engagement, and wedding. They may drop hints about other kids' interest in finding someone to court/marry, but they will save the actual next courtship for the next season.

So after this season, I think they will feature the courtship of whichever kid is next in line. While of course dropping hints about the next one. 

And so forth. I now believe that TLC will bring us two dozen seasons of this boring crapfest show. The Duggars want to maximize their revenue, and time on the air, so there's no reason to allow two courtships to happen at once. Better to drag them out one at a time. All the more contract money and appearance fees all around. They have "millions of fans" according to Nancy whatshername at TLC, and a million of them tuned in to watch Anna cry and paint dry the vapid and lame recent season of Counting On. Even without a bloody scary home birth this time around, I assume the Jeremy/Jinger snoozefest will pull in a million leghumping fans and some hatewatchers. 

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, larfs said:

I believe she would have turned down Derick and Jeremy but im willing to believe he has turned someone down in the past. But then again, would he really turn anyone down at this point? Letting her go would stop all the CinderJana gossip and bring in big ratings.

That's the point. He may well have gone in looking at Jana, but gotten signs that she wasn't "available." He probably got those signs from Ben. I don't see any indication that Jessa and Jana were ever close, but who knows what Jeremy thought? Boob still had to approve any setup, but that said, there was a good six months before Jeremy was allowed to even talk to Jinger. That's where one wonders how much contact they had before the mission trip? Wouldn't Jana's servant's heart and meekness been more appealing? I kind of think Jeremy eyed one but was talked into another. 

• Love 3
On August 4, 2016 at 7:39 PM, BitterApple said:

It made me sad when Jana talked about wanting a guy with his own business so she could work alongside him. Does she not realize she's a legal adult and can get a job any time she wants one? Why does she have to wait until some guy comes along and passes Boob's ninety point inspection before she can work? 

Yes. Why can't she start her own business?!  With everything she has done for her father, for her family, for her piece of shit mother -- they should be willing to give her money (she helped the family earn) so she can start her business. 

• Love 8
7 hours ago, CofCinci said:

Yes. Why can't she start her own business?!  With everything she has done for her father, for her family, for her piece of shit mother -- they should be willing to give her money (she helped the family earn) so she can start her business. 

Because women's only workplace option is doing grunt work for free at businesses owned, operated and named after their fathers, brothers or husbands?

• Love 11
On 8/4/2016 at 7:06 PM, Churchhoney said:

Given what she's said about wanting a guy who works with his hands, I wonder if she's scoped out all the guys so far and decided that for her taste they didn't seem interested enough in doing real everyday work. I expect I'm giving her too much credit. But I still do wonder whether picking up an "I really want to be a missionary/pastor" vibe tells Cinderella that these aren't the guys for her, the ultimate worker bee.

Yup, she had her eye on Chad Paine.......I'm sticking to my guns on that one.

I don't think she's THAT much of a worker bee.....JB is just advertising/promoting/selling her that way. Gross.

• Love 4

So, we've seen how it works with guys obtaining permission to court a Duggar daughter. The opening move is to reach out to JB (Derick becoming a "prayer partner," Ben "dropping in" to their church) or another male relative (Jeremy stalking befriending Ben).  And that leads to their application to court being OK'd by the Headship, apparently once the target object of the guy's affections/intentions clears it with JB.

How does it work for Duggar sons to court? Are they supposed to go out and find suitable young women? Do the young women (perhaps through their parents) approach JB?

Because, except for JD, those Duggar sons strike me as a fairly passive lot. They hang out with Dad and work for Dad - whatever "work" means, which looks like it's sporadic and nothing like a day-in, day-out kind of thing. Even Prince Joshley just took the used car biz that JB handed him, and the only difference IMO was that he might have actively sought the FRC job. (That had to land in his lap somehow.)

I suppose at one of those IBLP family cattle shows conferences, a Duggar son may see a cute girl at the ice cream stand and jump through the Gothard courtship hoops. Or some crazy-eyed fundie couple will haul their teen daughters to the Duggar's church and be sure they are seen by the Duggar boys. 

Any other options? Are the Duggar princelings such hot catches that they can just sit around waiting to vet the applications of interested women?

• Love 4
4 hours ago, drafan said:

Yup, she had her eye on Chad Paine.......I'm sticking to my guns on that one.

I don't think she's THAT much of a worker bee.....JB is just advertising/promoting/selling her that way. Gross.

What makes you say that?

• Love 2

The Duggar guys were exposed to their mother's fertility chart on the refrigerator every day growing up.  They may really just be turned off to fundie women in general and are hoping for someone outside the fundie circle.   That complicates things.  JD doesn't seem interested in courting and Josiah hooked up with pants wearing (I forget her name), so I wonder if they are hoping to find someone acceptable but least fundie as possible.   

• Love 4

Ugh, I never really took into consideration what effect Michelle's cycle chart had on the boys. We know the girls "watched it like a hawk." (and that's a direct quote that I'll never forget) But really, as male in that culture, it's STILL your mother. Such stuff can now quietly be kept track of on an a spreadsheet or some other calendar on a computer without all the prying little eyes looking at it. The poor older boys know FAR more about women's cycles than any male who has never kissed a girl should know. 

Maybe THIS is the reason Anna's babies are pretty much spaced two years apart. Smuggar may have had his own version of a "headache" during some of Anna's fertile months. I don't think husbands are called upon to submit to their horny wives as wives are expected to do. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

Such stuff can now quietly be kept track of on an a spreadsheet or some other calendar on a computer without all the prying little eyes looking at it.

Of course, even in the past, long before anybody thought of the personal computer, you could've kept your calendar inside a boring looking notebook, under a couple of boring books on theology and math, inside a drawer, inside your nightstand, inside your own bedroom. But the Duggs had to keep theirs on the family REFRIGERATOR.

Just sayin.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 21

The dreaded fertility chart for the entire family to keep track of.  That is so abnormal.  Most mothers keep that PRIVATE.  Kids don't know, don't care, and don't want to know when their mother is getting her period or is  ovulating and when the best time for fertility is.   So much for 'modest' Michelle.

• Love 16
38 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Of course, even in the past, long before anybody thought of the personal computer, you could've kept your calendar inside a boring looking notebook, under a couple of boring books on theology and math, inside a drawer, inside your nightstand, inside your own bedroom. But the Duggs had to keep theirs on the family REFRIGERATOR.

Just sayin.

Oh, I agree. It's always been about the show with Mechelle. Thankfully now, those days are behind her, but the damage has been irrevocably done. The older kids are scarred for life. 

• Love 9
45 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Oh, I agree. It's always been about the show with Mechelle. Thankfully now, those days are behind her, but the damage has been irrevocably done. The older kids are scarred for life. 

Bingo. Tragic, really.

• Love 2
On August 4, 2016 at 7:06 PM, Churchhoney said:

Maybe Jana just doesn't want a guy at all.  If she has to look at Boob as an example, she will probably stay single forever.

The chart is really creepy.  Imagine living in that three bedroom house and knowing that on a particular day your parents were having sex.  There would not be enough cotton balls (to stuff in your ears) in Aldi to not imagine what was going on.  

Edited by truthtalk2014
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, truthtalk2014 said:

Maybe Jana just doesn't want a guy at all.  If she has to look at Boob as an example, she will probably stay single forever.

Can you blame her?  I don't.  I just hope when he dies, she gets to live on her own and be happy.  

• Love 5

The dreaded fertility chart for the entire family to keep track of.  That is so abnormal.  Most mothers keep that PRIVATE.  Kids don't know, don't care, and don't want to know when their mother is getting her period or is  ovulating and when the best time for fertility is.   So much for 'modest' Michelle.

That's when I knew their whole "we leave the size of our family up to God" thing was bullshit. Tracking your fertility like a scientist and deliberately having sex on the days you know you'll be most fertile is not leaving anything up to anyone--that's planning and foresight.

• Love 19
On 8/6/2016 at 0:00 PM, Jeeves said:

So, we've seen how it works with guys obtaining permission to court a Duggar daughter. The opening move is to reach out to JB (Derick becoming a "prayer partner," Ben "dropping in" to their church) or another male relative (Jeremy stalking befriending Ben).  And that leads to their application to court being OK'd by the Headship, apparently once the target object of the guy's affections/intentions clears it with JB.

How does it work for Duggar sons to court? Are they supposed to go out and find suitable young women? Do the young women (perhaps through their parents) approach JB?

Because, except for JD, those Duggar sons strike me as a fairly passive lot. They hang out with Dad and work for Dad - whatever "work" means, which looks like it's sporadic and nothing like a day-in, day-out kind of thing. Even Prince Joshley just took the used car biz that JB handed him, and the only difference IMO was that he might have actively sought the FRC job. (That had to land in his lap somehow.)

I suppose at one of those IBLP family cattle shows conferences, a Duggar son may see a cute girl at the ice cream stand and jump through the Gothard courtship hoops. Or some crazy-eyed fundie couple will haul their teen daughters to the Duggar's church and be sure they are seen by the Duggar boys. 

Any other options? Are the Duggar princelings such hot catches that they can just sit around waiting to vet the applications of interested women?

Since the standard operating procedure seems to be for the teenaged boy to reach out for permission to the father of whatever teenaged girl he's eager to impregnate as soon as possible despite not knowing exactly what sex is, I'm guessing that these days Duggar boys are getting accustomed to resounding NO!s. 

• Love 5