Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, allonsyalice said:

His social media links, top left corner, link back to the duggarfam accounts. yikes. 

His phone number is that of the Duggar PR people. This was all orchestrated to blow up today. 

• Love 6

I'm sure that it is all choreographed to coincide with the filming schedule: the "courting" announcement was timed to gin up interest in the new season. The engagement episode wil probably be the season finale, and then they will have fodder for another season for the wedding -- even if Jill and Jessa don't come through with new babies.

• Love 2

So will the show still be "Jill and Jessa: Counting On"? Really awkward series title if the only actual story line is Jinger's courting/engagement/wedding. Unless they're holding back on pregnancy announcements by Jill and/or Jessa. Shouldn't at least one of them be pregnant again already?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Marigold said:

I think Jinger Vuolo is a horrible name and Spurgeon Seewald is in good company with that mess. 

To be fair, "JInger Anything" is a horrible name. I mean, imagine "JInger Jackson." "Jinger O'hara," "Jinger Fernandez." "Jinger Pulaski." "Jinger Smith." That last one sounds like a cookie. It's the "Jinger" that does it. .... Guys should take that as a sign, I think.

• Love 7
(edited)
31 minutes ago, Kokapetl said:

Another runt. 

It's all so weird how all this crap just suddenly appeared in like a day. Like an Apple product launch or something. 

Edited by Arwen Evenstar
Here he comes to save the day!!
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

I'm sure that it is all choreographed to coincide with the filming schedule: the "courting" announcement was timed to gin up interest in the new season. The engagement episode wil probably be the season finale, and then they will have fodder for another season for the wedding -- even if Jill and Jessa don't come through with new babies.

Take that, Marjorie Jackson!

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

To be fair, "JInger Anything" is a horrible name. I mean, imagine "JInger Jackson." "Jinger O'hara," "Jinger Fernandez." "Jinger Pulaski." "Jinger Smith." That last one sounds like a cookie. It's the "Jinger" that does it. .... Guys should take that as a sign, I think.

Jinger Wrojers? 

• Love 13
(edited)
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Anyone think Jessa has been filling Jana with tales of how horrible marriage is to scare her off? And how like her to bypass Jana in favor of her bestie. To me, Jessa has a mean girl spirit.

Jessa is a complete bitch.  She passed mean girl spirit 10 years ago.

2 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

Edited by TessHarding2
  • Love 6
18 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Take that, Marjorie Jackson!

That's why I'm calling "already engaged." Kim Jong Boob wasn't going to be left holding the bag and publicly humiliated yet again. 

• Love 5

The announcement may have been the "life changing" event scheduled for the end of last season, and then JB got cold feet and decided to wait for the official engagement before announcing the "courtship" to the world.

• Love 5

He seems to be a fundiedud, but he has more swagger than Bin and Derrick, so maybe he switches to fundie lite after a year or two. Maybe he remembers how to use his balls :) since he was a soccer player playah at one time. Jinger scores, because he is a little hotter and cooler than Derelict and Bin. Jessa should be jelly. Fool me once shame on me, fool me twice.... so my expectations are ..Jinger gets better sex, but remains in the cult with her recruit.

• Love 12

Kim Jong Boob---I love it so much!

Man I am late to the party on the JinJer--I just found out cuz I was lazing around in the Sister Wives thread.  My first thought was that Jinger won the hubby lottery because this guy is bound to be more articulate and competent than the other two losers.  He could actually put together a successful ministry lamenting his sinful youth and expounding on his ways to instant success in life.  I could see him making it to the holiest of holies--TV evangelism.

But I have a sneaky suspicion that Jinger is just something to check off the list...the perfect little wifey that will help him advance his career.  Along with Jinger comes the opportunity to take advantage of whatever friends, favors, and deals Kim Jong Boob (TM) can offer.

And Laredo...never been there and I imagine they have a Walmart, but it's not the city where Jinger once dreamed of living.  Okay, just checked, Laredo has four Walmarts and five Starbucks.  Whew!

• Love 8
(edited)

Jinger was named "Jackhole of the Day" by Andy Cohen on Watch What Happens Live. However, he gave props to Jeremy for at least being hot. 

eta: Did anyone post Jeremy's ordination yet? He's only been ordained since March, although he's been attached to the church since 2014. 

Edited by Sew Sumi

Good for Jinger -- she got her city life. I mean it's not Manhattan or Chicago, as she wished for 5 yrs ago. But Laredo is a 250k+ person city - complete with shopping, many coffee houses, and I assume some kind of downtown area. With fundies it's frankly more likely that you'll end up in a 500 person rural town in Tenn. or Oklahoma or something; so good for Jinger for getting something she wanted.

• Love 4
(edited)

That's a fake. I check the Duggar accounts to see if they've added. It's easier that way. And as of an hour ago, neither Duggarfam nor BFF Ben are following either Jeremy or Jinger (I'm #blessablocked, so I can't check her).

Edited by Sew Sumi
2 hours ago, Gweilo said:

He also has his own shiny new not-at-all-famewhorey webpage! http://www.jeremyvuolo.com/courting/

This

"I called Ben and Jess and began asking them more questions about [Jinger] —of course, everything they said only confirmed what I had already been seeing: a humble, meek, modest, intelligent young woman with a burning desire to sacrificially serve the Lord in any way she could."

makes it sound like Jinger has thrush.

"Meek"? He wants meek? Run, Jinger!!!

• Love 10

Does anyone else think it's kind of funny that for all of the goings on about Kim Jong Boob's requirements to court his daughters the folks on this thread are far more discerning and cautious of potential spouses for our Duggarlings?

• Love 10

They may as well shut down FreeJinger right now -- she's not going to be free. She's going from the frying pan into the fire. He wants "meek" and he is aggressive enough to be a professional athlete. I hope he's a nice guy, but I doubt she will ever be "free."

• Love 13
20 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

They may as well shut down FreeJinger right now -- she's not going to be free. She's going from the frying pan into the fire. He wants "meek" and he is aggressive enough to be a professional athlete. I hope he's a nice guy, but I doubt she will ever be "free."

I'm just curious as to what attracted him to Jinger over Jana, who would be the more age-appropriate choice. I guess Jessa shipped hard for her bestie, but you'd think a 28 year-old would want someone closer to his maturity level. I'm hoping he's not a David Waller-type control freak, but every son-in-law thus far has been a dud, so I don't get good vibes.

• Love 8

So it sounds like Jeremy has likely had sex in the past, but can I just say that is IS possible for a healthy adult human to live without sex? My father got married as a 30-year-old virgin who'd had plenty of opportunities for sex (especially as a pilot in the South Pacific during WWII) but stayed true to his religious  beliefs about premarital sex. There are people even today who abstain for various reasons, religious  and  otherwise, and who find ways to cope with their natural urges. I think Duggar types have some very twisted views of sex, but I think it's  unfair to paint all abstainers with a single broad brush. And when someone says it's "impossible" for a professional  soccer  player to not have sex, isn't  that kind of perpetuating the whole  Gothard  "Nike!" mentality ? 

• Love 18

I hope Jinger gets a makeover. Unless his ministry needs a Tammy Faye, but she could at least try out some more current looks. Maybe there is some daytime talkshow or something that will take her on. She has beautiful features, nice hair, bet they could do wonders with her. Do the wardrobe as well. Is there a makeover show still airing? I would watch. I hope he is just someone who sees potential and really does move her to his city and away from Kim Jong Boob (also love that). If this happens, take note Bin. Derelict stay in CA with your barnacle... I don't care, there's a new kid in town! 

• Love 2
(edited)
6 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

We could always go with the, The Vuolos: Jeremy and The Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Name, Jinger. ; )

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, Jeeves said:

Jeremy is def ahead of Bin and Derelict in the preacher career path. Though not in the big leagues. Yet. He's ordained to preach in Grace Community Church in Laredo, TX. I could see a video of him preaching a sermon on the website but didn't find his name. There's a photo of the church on its website here: http://www.gcclaredo.com/location--contact.html  

Sorry if this was said upthread, but the Laredo church is an offshoot of Grace Community Church of San Antonio, which describes itself as among other things racially diverse - although apparently it's all run by men. So, yeah, it's fabulously diverse, as long as you don't expect to see or hear any women preaching the gospel. And it sounds very fundie/evangelical. 

Jeremy's personal website shows him to be more articulate than either Bin or Derelict. He's certainly better looking. He has a degree in Business Administration and some grad level coursework in Finance, but no formal seminary training. He's not affiliated with any large denomination. It's possible that his work running that small offshoot church in Laredo goes beyond just preaching on Sunday. Their "services" info on the website shows Sunday services followed by a free meal. 

So that's looking like a third preacher son in law for JB. This one's better looking than BIn and less nuts than Derelict. He'll probably be able to give Josh a lot of tips for his "I sinned and am now redeemed" media comeback campaign.

So, Jinger's gonna be a preacher's wife in Laredo, TX, pumping out those blessings one after another. 

That is a really small church.  I vote for Duggvu.  I don't know, I think Jeremy could actually be worse than Jim Bob.  A born again Christian from a Catholic background?  That ranks right up there with an ex smoker in terms of innate preachiness.  No offense to Catholics as I am one but ex Catholics have always seemed very bitter and angry to me.  Not what I'd picked for supposed free spirit Jinger.

• Love 8

I saw this last night, when checking my mail - first reaction was wow, you go girl! I won't snark on the girl, since I wish her all the happiness in the world. But then I was reading on Free Jinger, where someone apparently knows both him and the family and then, reality set it. This is Ben 2.0. Granted, he may be educated and smart and has had sex, but so what? I can see those two being PP and Zsucifer, Part deux.

I so so hope he will take whatever potential she has and encourage her to be someone, but sadly, I think he's just another creepy fundy weirdo who wants submission. WHY is someone like him, who, on the outside has a normal life? What could anyone ever want with any of the Duggar kids, who lack education, interest and thinking skills?

This is not  TV material, a fake stilted courtship, a fake bad taste wedding. No. Absolutely no.

And if this is the way they look on their courtship photos, what will they look like on their wedding day? I've never seen such joyless photos.

• Love 6

Jucifer!! The Juce.....

Briefly looked at a video where he is preaching, after browing a bit of Free Jinge - some concerns raised about him. He doesn't strike me as aggressive or anything, but he is a MAN - not a boychild, not a fey fickle wannabe Hipster. A man.

But there is something there that is a bit, well, dark? He could go either way

• Love 2

Okay, I believe this is Jeremy's dad.     http://illbehonest.com/author/chuckvuolo

Interesting. He has about a thousand IQ points on Jizm Bob. Wonder if he'll be down with totally losing his kid down the Duggar rabbit hole the way Mike Seewald has, for example. ... And now I'm thinking Jeremy must have had issues about having fallen away from his family's way as a teenager and young-20-something and has now come back to it with a preachy vengeance. But does he know that he's signed up for a new and improved father by latching on to the Duggar clan? Because when have the Duggs let anybody else have any influence in their world? And how can he stand JB's idiocy? There will certainly be drama.

• Love 7

I think it's likely that Jeremy went for Jinger (or any Duggar girl really) as a "born again virgin" thing.  He probably renounced his wild days when he drank the kool aid and considers himself re-born and re-virginized.  So he's looking for a girl to match that standard and it seems like he doesn't want one that's been around and then renounced like him, he wants one fresh off the truck and "clean".  Even with the vague stigma of abuse as a child what he gets is a guarantee of someone untouched by other suitors and inexperienced besides (that he can mold maybe?)

The talk about him possibly being controlling or at least very strong willed is interesting because if true as bad as that could be for Jinger I have to admit I'd love to be a fly on the wall if and when he stands up to Jim Bob (really I'd love to see anyone look Jim Bob straight in the eye and tell him to take a flying leap)

• Love 10
7 minutes ago, sigmaforce86 said:

I think it's likely that Jeremy went for Jinger (or any Duggar girl really) as a "born again virgin" thing.  He probably renounced his wild days when he drank the kool aid and considers himself re-born and re-virginized.  So he's looking for a girl to match that standard and it seems like he doesn't want one that's been around and then renounced like him, he wants one fresh off the truck and "clean". 

Sounds right to me. Of course it's apparently perfectly okay for a guy to have had all kinds of experiences and sins. Just as long as he repents later, he's golden. But given the sexism and misogyny of their world, I'd bet that most of these repented guys have no interest in picking up with a similarly repented woman. I'd bet almost all of them insist on somebody fresh off the truck. I just hope he doesn't see himself as doing Jinger some big favor because he's taking her on despite her damaged state from the sexual abuse, because I'm sure there are plenty out there who do see the Duggar girls as rotten apples because of this.

• Love 9

Another of Pop's sermons. "Biblical Masculinity Biologically Confirmed"      It definitely bothers me even more when apparently smart people say this stuff. I mean, of course JB and M say it. They're ignoramuses and idiots into the bargain. And Derick and Bin are half-bright innocents, naive, silly. But I can't help but think that it's much more deeply warped when it's coming from the smart ones and the ones with educations like Gothard, Voddie Baucham, this guy. People who have a lot of cause to know better.............So I guess it'll all seem pretty warped to me with Jeremy, if he goes this route as well. And with all the pray-away-the-gay stuff on his church site, I expect he does.

http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?SID=32304171120

• Love 7

That's exactly my thinking, Churchie, it just came to me how sad the Duggar daughters situation really is. I think the first reaction that any of us has is not "well, and good luck to her", but more like "hope he'll be good to her and kind and just". Doesn't that say all? We all fear for them, they leave themselves so wide open for abuse and yes, I am somewhat nervous for her too.

What 28 year old puts up with this sort of shite, unless he has an agenda? And they bloody well don't look happy, damn it!

• Love 10

I know we live in a famewhore society, but a 22 year old girl dating is big news?  I hope for jinger' s sake she can escape her family oppression and make a new life.  This just screams "Look at us!!  We are interesting!  Watch side hugs!  Watch dating advice!  Watch another parking lot wedding!"  Lather, rinse, repeat.  This is the fourth time at this rodeo.  Yawn.

Preaching to the choir here, I know.  But really?

• Love 6

But this one? To me he looks like an emotional and physical abuse situation totally ready to happen. I fear for her. 

Am I the only one that thinks Jer seems like the product of sex between Josh and Derick. He's like a weird personality morph.

The biggest red flag for me - and I consider it sufficiently scary in itself - is that he described and praised her "meek" appearance. Modest - fine. Meek? No. Run, Jinger. 

Agreed.

• Love 6

Any chance meek means something different biblically than in modern English??

And he homeschooled for more than a few years - up until 10th or 11th grade he was home with fundie mommy and daddy. Here we go again - another obligatory Duggar marriage . . . . Can someone post the pic that you think looks unhappy? Don't think I've seen it.

(edited)
30 minutes ago, cereality said:

According to the Google (and in this instance, I expect that fundies are well in line with the Goog):

meek

mēk/

adjective

adjective: meek; comparative adjective: meeker; superlative adjective: meekest

quiet, gentle, and easily imposed on; submissive.

"I used to call her Miss Mouse because she was so meek and mild"

synonyms:submissive, yielding, obedient, compliant, tame, biddable, tractable, acquiescent, humble, deferential, timid, unprotesting, unresisting, like a lamb to the slaughter; More

quiet, mild, gentle, docile, lamblike, shy, diffident, unassuming, self-effacing

"they called her Miss Mouse because she was so meek"

antonyms:assertive

Origin

Middle English me(o)c (also in the sense ‘courteous or indulgent’), from Old Norse mjúkr ‘soft, gentle.’

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 1
34 minutes ago, cereality said:

And he homeschooled for more than a few years - up until 10th or 11th grade he was home with fundie mommy and daddy. Here we go again - another obligatory Duggar marriage . . . . Can someone post the pic that you think looks unhappy? Don't think I've seen it.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2016/06/21/jinger-duggar-courting-soccer-player-jeremy-vuolo.html

if that is a happy couple, then I'm, umm, the King of China

(edited)

I seeing red flags all over this one.  This isn't a case of a couple of teenagers deciding it's time to get hitched because it's better to marry than to burn.  The age gap, at this point in the developmental maturity of "normal" adults is pretty striking to begin with - I know quite a few couples were these sort of relationships end ugly because you basically have someone who is still an adolescent trying to run with full-ground adults.  I also knew a guy who preferred his girls right out of college if not still in it so he could "teach them right".  Combine that with the stunted/arrested development of Duggar children and 28 year old, college educated, traveled, experienced and then washed-clean-n-the-blood-of-the-lamb man and I'm actually kind of afraid for Jinger here.  It's almost like this dude is marrying a 14 year old.  It's beginning to read like a rejected Big Love script.   

Edited by Lemur
  • Love 14