Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

22 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

In other news, Jase is trying to get some land rezoned so he can build a warehouse. It is adjacent to some JB/Michelle trust property. They sold a bit to Jase. for reference to the article - JB bought it it 2014 from the Allen Canning Co. Duggar Properties LLC sold it to the JB/Michelle trust in 2016 and they sold to Jase in 2018 for $50.000

https://hl.nwaonline.com/news/2020/dec/13/city-board-to-hear-zoning-change/

Oh, that sounds like it'll be picnic for the local residents and shopkeepers. About five minutes after construction it'll look like the warehouse complex that houses the Golden Boy and his Brood. 

On 3/29/2021 at 5:50 AM, GeeGolly said:

Maybe TLC has warned them if their numbers decrease anymore, they're gone.

Don't get my hopes up. 😁

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

So what is Jason’s ‘Job’.  This one doesn’t have a car lot, political career, pilot’s license, etc.? Right?  But he had $50,000 laying around to buy some land for his parents. 

That’s Jim Bob buying and selling something to himself and laundering some money. I mean that we didn’t already know that. These people don’t own enough warehouses as it is?

I’m hoping this is a misprint and they are actually trying to get a whorehouse zoned.

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

So what is Jason’s ‘Job’.  This one doesn’t have a car lot, political career, pilot’s license, etc.? Right?  But he had $50,000 laying around to buy some land for his parents. 

That’s Jim Bob buying and selling something to himself and laundering some money. I mean that we didn’t already know that. These people don’t own enough warehouses as it is?

I’m hoping this is a misprint and they are actually trying to get a whorehouse zoned.

Initially they wanted to make it an industrial recycling center, but it looks like the neighbors managed to head that off at the pass.......So maybe whorehouse will be next? 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Initially they wanted to make it an industrial recycling center, but it looks like the neighbors managed to head that off at the pass.......So maybe whorehouse will be next? 

I can’t really see the Duggers getting behind recycling. I think industrial recycling center would be code for a junkyard. Much more their style. 

Perhaps it’s a summer (ware)house for Josh and Anna.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
(edited)
16 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

I can’t really see the Duggers getting behind recycling. I think industrial recycling center would be code for a junkyard. Much more their style. 

Perhaps it’s a summer (ware)house for Josh and Anna.

Well, I think they must have found a ready market for a couple of very specific materials that they either use in their own enterprises or know how to dredge out of some place for cheap (or for free, or from other users paying a fee to drop them off).

I forget what the materials were but they were specifically named.

So that would be Duggarlike -- A way to turn a particular kind of trash into sure and ready cash -- It's not that they care about recycling those materials any more than they care about recycling anything else.

But JB does know a dollar when he sees one. And there are some specific industrial-recycling markets that do have a good return. 

The neighbors screwed them on that, though, I think. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

so that would be the goal of James' J and J environmental services LLC then. and possibly an outlet for materials from JD and the Joseph guy, Reid? Reid Joseph, the realtor guys son. they have and environmental service business/LLC as well

Jordyn was recently shown in a J and J services shirt. the pic with Josie playing The Ticket to Ride game.

• Love 1
(edited)
17 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣 FAIL!!!!

Seriously, he's a self-styled "contractor." Maybe @Zella can check to see if he ever got a license. At minimum, he flips houses.

i have checked - Jason does not have a contractors license in Arkansas. Nothing under his LLC Buildmaster Construction either

Edited by crazy8s
  • Useful 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
9 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

so that would be the goal of James' J and J environmental services LLC then. and possibly an outlet for materials from JD and the Joseph guy, Reid? Reid Joseph, the realtor guys son. they have and environmental service business/LLC as well

Jordyn was recently shown in a J and J services shirt. the pic with Josie playing The Ticket to Ride game.

According to the report, in requesting a permit to build a warehouse on the property they named a couple of specific materials they would have handled, which I'd expect to be certain materials for which they'd found a market. Their warehouse would have collected those things and then moved them on to a buyer or buyers for actual processing and recycling, I would think. They didn't indicate they'd be doing anything with the materials at the warehouse beyond temporarily storing them.  (which is something you could put your basic Duggarling boy in charge of,...)

But the permit request was denied.

Edited by Churchhoney
(edited)

from the NWA news link I posted the neighbors already hate the other warehouse adjacent to Jason's slice of Duggar property. That warehouse seems to be owned by JB

the 2 items for recycling

residents who live in the neighborhood where Duggar plans to build the warehouse, sent the letter the city received on Oct. 20. The ***** opposed the construction of a recycling center because it will cause a lot of trash and debris into the lot, plus the dumpster would be an eyesore for the couple who enjoy sitting out in their backyard. Duggar had initially planned to build a recycling center for asphalt and shingles

Edited by crazy8s
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
15 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

from the NWA news link I posted the neighbors already hate the other warehouse adjacent to Jason's slice of Duggar property. That warehouse seems to be owned by JB

the 2 items for recycling

residents who live in the neighborhood where Duggar plans to build the warehouse, sent the letter the city received on Oct. 20. The ***** opposed the construction of a recycling center because it will cause a lot of trash and debris into the lot, plus the dumpster would be an eyesore for the couple who enjoy sitting out in their backyard. Duggar had initially planned to build a recycling center for asphalt and shingles

The neighbors are probably girding themselves for more rounds of this saga. Somebody was quoted as saying the Duggars were friends to the town and it would be nice to give them this, I remember. That sounds a little ominous to me. I expect JB has his ways. 

4 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Was it both, or asphalt shingles? Just curious.

It sounded like they meant both. 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

The neighbors are probably girding themselves for more rounds of this saga. Somebody was quoted as saying the Duggars were friends to the town and it would be nice to give them this, I remember. That sounds a little ominous to me. I expect JB has his ways. 

Judging by the last several election cycles and how they were outed as supporting child molestation,  I don’t think the town is very enamored with the Duggars.  Or more correctly, reputable people find them poison, but the criminal/seedy underbelly of Northwest Arkansas loves a slime ball like Jim Bob. 

• Love 10
(edited)
12 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

it was worded asphalt and shingles so I am assuming both

Or maybe that's just faulty writing and they actually meant just "asphalt shingles"???   ....

Which might be a particular little recycling gig? Like the shingles are easy to recycle into driveways or something?  

The property seems kind of small to envision as a place for storing whole parking-lot-sized amounts of asphalt, really....

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 1
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Or maybe that's just faulty writing and they actually meant just "asphalt shingles"???   ....

Which might be a particular little recycling gig? Like the shingles are easy to recycle into driveways or something?  

The property seems kind of small to envision as a place for storing whole parking-lot-sized amounts of asphalt, really....

If I were the neighbors, and they were built, I would watch the place like a hawk. I bet the EPA could shut them down inside of six months. Do you see Jim Bobby following any pesky environmental regs.

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 9

I don't think Jim Bob has friends outside his circle. I've said this before, but even in the 90s, my dad heard people joking locally about don't get between Jim Bob and a dollar, and we're not even in the same county. This would have been when he was running for office the first time so when they were just an Arkansas oddity.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 9
(edited)
27 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Judging by the last several election cycles and how they were outed as supporting child molestation,  I don’t think the town is very enamored with the Duggars.  Or more correctly, reputable people find them poison, but the criminal/seedy underbelly of Northwest Arkansas loves a slime ball like Jim Bob. 

I've always wondered whether JB was hot to have JD be constable because as constable he could likely get access to a lot of government bulletin boards and online message boards and overheard conversations (while he's sitting in his fake police car or in a hallway at the courthouse) that other people aren't privy to.

So JB could use him to find out who's got dirt on them that JB can use as leverage, what might be coming down the pike toward JB and fam or other associates, who's getting foreclosed on so JB can swoop in and pick up the cheap real estate, and other information useful for manipulating people and situations.  There's lots of information that's highly useful for doing business on the cheap (and/or shadily). .....And you especially need it if you actually do have few friends. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

I've always wondered whether JB was hot to have JD be constable because as constable he could likely get access to a lot of government bulletin boards and online message boards and overheard conversations (while he's sitting in his fake police car) that other people aren't privy to.

So JB could use him to find out who's got dirt on them that JB can use as leverage, what might be coming down the pike toward JB and fam or other associates, who's getting foreclosed on so JB can swoop in and pick up the cheap real estate, and other information useful for manipulating people and situations. 

Sounds like something sleazebucket Boob would do. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
(edited)

Arkansas constables do not really have access to law enforcement channels. They are elected officials who have a lot of power, but they essentially function as volunteers. They are always on call, but they do not work shifts. Or at least my brother never did when he was constable. I'd imagine JD has even less to do as a constable since he is right outside of the major metro area. People where I live still will call constables since the constable who lives down the road will respond faster than the cops an hour away, but if the constable has a badge or a police radio, he bought that himself. My brother always thought that was stupid and never did, and he never got in any trouble for not doing so. Most of the constables in my county have the same attitude toward it. They're not cops, and they don't pretend to be. My brother also didn't really work with law enforcement on anything. I think JD has been shown doing ridealongs. That is not what constables do.

Though legally they do have the authority to arrest the sheriff of a county. My brother was basically approached about running for constable for our precinct because you don't want some crazy fuck to be a constable. You want somebody levelheaded who is not on a power trip. 

From what I have seen of them cosplaying in foreign countries after disasters, I think JD is a constable because he gets a power trip out of it and because he likes cosplaying as a cop rather than because of any genuine community service interest. 

My guess is JB encouraged it because he may have thought JD could enter politics and use the constable position as a stepping stone before figuring out JD either wasn't interested in a political career or was ill-suited for it. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 5
  • Love 14
11 minutes ago, Zella said:

Arkansas constables do not really have access to law enforcement channels. They are elected officials who have a lot of power, but they essentially function as volunteers. They are always on call, but they do not work shifts. Or at least my brother never did when he was constable. I'd imagine JD has even less to do as a constable since he is right outside of the major metro area. People where I live still will call constables since the constable who lives down the road will respond faster than the cops an hour away, but if the constable has a badge or a police radio, he bought that himself. My brother always thought that was stupid and never did, and he never got in any trouble for not doing so. Most of the constables in my county have the same attitude toward it. They're not cops, and they don't pretend to be. My brother also didn't really work with law enforcement on anything. I think JD has been shown doing ridealongs. That is not what constables do.

Though legally they do have the authority to arrest the sheriff of a county. My brother was basically approached about running for constable for our precinct because you don't want some crazy fuck to be a constable. You want somebody levelheaded who is not on a power trip. 

From what I have seen of them cosplaying in foreign countries after disasters, I think JD is a constable because he gets a power trip out of it and because he likes cosplaying as a cop rather than because of any genuine community service interest. 

My guess is JB encouraged it because he may have thought JD could enter politics and use the constable position as a stepping stone before figuring out JD either wasn't interested in a political career or was ill-suited for it. 

Wow. So you can't even stroll into the back of the courthouse and scan a court bulletin board and get away with it?  There's no point at all to having the job then! 

• Love 4

I don't know if this came up when the "asphalt and shingles" recycling permit was denied by the powers that be. But roofing shingles used in the 20th Century often contained asbestos; the EPA didn't outlaw asbestos in shingles until 1989. (Asbestos was also used in other roofing materials like underlayment, cement, etc.) 

I don't see JB and crew being interested in the proper handling and disposal of materials containing asbestos. AFAIK, shingles containing asbestos are not to be recycled. I wouldn't bet a dime on any Duggar obeying laws and regulations that would cost them time, money, or lost opportunities for profit. So yeah, I'd freak out if those nimrods wanted to start piling up old shingles on the property next door. For aesthetic and health reasons. Lord knows what would be in that stuff. 

• Useful 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
Just now, Churchhoney said:

Wow. So you can't even stroll into the back of the courthouse and scan a court bulletin board and get away with it?  There's no point at all to having the job then! 

The only time brother dearest went to the courthouse in his duties as a constable was to file his papers to run for office and to be sworn in! 😄 I can't imagine JD was any different. 

I actually have been snuck into the back of the courthouse more times than the constable brother, but that was because yours truly somehow lost a paycheck from the library and the county clerk felt sorry for my dumbass and let me come in after hours to get a new one. I found the old check after I got the new check, but it was already cancelled. LOLOL

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
(edited)
7 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

I don't know if this came up when the "asphalt and shingles" recycling permit was denied by the powers that be. But roofing shingles used in the 20th Century often contained asbestos; the EPA didn't outlaw asbestos in shingles until 1989. (Asbestos was also used in other roofing materials like underlayment, cement, etc.) 

I don't see JB and crew being interested in the proper handling and disposal of materials containing asbestos. AFAIK, shingles containing asbestos are not to be recycled. I wouldn't bet a dime on any Duggar obeying laws and regulations that would cost them time, money, or lost opportunities for profit. So yeah, I'd freak out if those nimrods wanted to start piling up old shingles on the property next door. For aesthetic and health reasons. Lord knows what would be in that stuff. 

Seems like the permit didn't go very far, and the article clearly implied that they weren't going to pursue it again. So I think  that suggests ome concerns other than just -- "the neighbors don't want a mess" -- came up. Health and environment rules probably were the reason the thing was smacked down. Otherwise JB'd be trying to batter it through, probably! 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 8

Recycling shingles seems like too big of an endeavor for the Duggars. That would involve a lot of machinery and hard work. The Duggars don't do hard work beyond a small project. I imagine they threw in recycling (insert any product) thinking they'd have better odds at obtaining a permit. But the idiots go the asphalt/shingle route. I imagine the smells, from essentially a tar plant, is not something anyone wants in a residential area.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Recycling shingles seems like too big of an endeavor for the Duggars. That would involve a lot of machinery and hard work. The Duggars don't do hard work beyond a small project. I imagine they threw in recycling (insert any product) thinking they'd have better odds at obtaining a permit. But the idiots go the asphalt/shingle route. I imagine the smells, from essentially a tar plant, is not something anyone wants in a residential area.

I'm sure they never planned to do the recycling. They kept calling the property a warehouse, not a plant of any kind.

I'm pretty sure what they were going to do is collect the shingles in that warehouse and then either truck them to or simply store them till pickup by an actual recycling business. (The Duggs and other people JD knows see a lot of worn-out roofs, I'm sure, so they could collect shingles from multiple sites operated by others an/or just provide a place for dropoff.)

It's a middleman-type operation, and that's what would suit Jim Bob. No expertise required, but you can skim some money off both ends.

The recyclers would pay them a bit for collecting the shingles from multiple properties in their area and storing them in one place for easy one-stop access by the recycler (and possibly for delivering the shingles for recycling).

With a biz like that going, the Duggar enterprises would be assured of getting paid for old shingles they take off properties they own or are working on.  And they would also collect fees from other renovators/builders/real-estate people they know by collecting, warehousing and disposing of (through the recycler) their old shingles.

Jim Bob wants nothing to do with technology or expertise, but he knows a dollar. And this is a middleman-type business where you get bucks from both ends of the transaction....and you don't have to pay anybody else to dispose of your own shingle trash. Win win win. 

But the neighborhood has shot it down. 

1 hour ago, floridamom said:

What's all this I've beenreading about Jana courting a Wissman guy? Any truth to it?

Nobody seems to know for sure. He and a bunch of other Wissmanns were at the wedding, apparently, but they're all in the same fundie bucket, so they would have been anyway. 

If she is courting one, it's Stephen Wissmann, who's three and a half years younger than she is. The Wissmann males who are as old as Jana or older are all married. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 2
  • Love 10

I don't think the age difference is a big deal to the Duggars. Not much of a deal to me either.

With the exception on Josh/Anna and Justin/Claire all of the Duggar couples have at a two+ year age gap. Two couples have older wives, with Jessa about 2 1/2 years older than Ben, and Claire about 2 years older than Justin. The largest age gap is the Vulolos, with Jeremy around 6 years older than Jinger.

• Useful 4
  • Love 9
(edited)
9 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I don't think the age difference is a big deal to the Duggars. Not much of a deal to me either.

With the exception on Josh/Anna and Justin/Claire all of the Duggar couples have at a two+ year age gap. Two couples have older wives, with Jessa about 2 1/2 years older than Ben, and Claire about 2 years older than Justin. The largest age gap is the Vulolos, with Jeremy around 6 years older than Jinger.

I agree. I do think it's kinda funny, though. Since it's often been speculated that by the time Jana married, she'd end up with some older widowed guy with nine kids or some other unfortunate, and older, type (the way Tabby Paine did). 

So I think it'll be interesting if that doesn't happen to the old maid on the shelf. After all, Stephen Wissmann ostensibly has a lot of fresh young things he could pick from -- all those Laurens, for example. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

I agree. I do think it's kinda funny, though. Since it's often been speculated that by the time Jana married, she'd end up with some older widowed guy with nine kids or some other unfortunate, and older, type (the way Tabby Paine did). 

So I think it'll be interesting if that doesn't happen to the old maid on the shelf. After all, Stephen Wissmann ostensibly has a lot of fresh young things he could pick from -- all those Laurens, for example. 

Yes, but can the dads of any of those Laurens strike the same dowry deal that JB can afford, when the patriarchs negotiate the matrimonial deal? Heck, if the Wissmans are farmers, the dowry could be actual cows! 🤣

ETA: I'd like to think that JB wouldn't strike a marriage deal if Jana didn't want to marry the man. Just saying. But the Katey/Jed! deal is crazy/creepy. I hope they both actually wanted to marry each other. 

Edited by Jeeves
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
(edited)
22 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

Yes, but can the dads of any of those Laurens strike the same dowry deal that JB can afford, when the patriarchs negotiate the matrimonial deal? Heck, if the Wissmans are farmers, the dowry could be actual cows! 🤣

Actually, the Wissmanns seem to have a more coherent and technologically adept! (and above board???) family business than the Duggars. The dad, Loren, started the business  in Nebraska, where they live, in 1986. And now they serve farms and industrial operations in several midwestern states. They do roof coating, sandblasting and industrial-scale painting, and multiple excavation and trenching services, including underground-line detection and new installations, including for large-scale agricultural irrigation systems. 

They're like the Duggar males but with more knowledge, brains, skill and organization, sounds like. (and they probably don't operate on an equivalent of Duggar Time)

Stephen works in the business -- and unlike Duggar boys -- he and his brothers get prominently mentioned as leaders of the business on dad's business website. 

But unless Wissmann Enterprises plans to open new operations in Arkansas (which I kind of doubt, because the  very large-scale grain, soy, corn and suchlike farming industry of the midwest is really at the heart of their business, looks like), Jana's moving to Nebraska. 

Good lord, the TTH will fall down,. 

Also, if this is an actual courtship, we're talking about yet another apparently fairly prosperous fundie family with pretty solid business interests. .... following on Rob Spivey and Kory Nakatsu. 

And, meanwhile, JB's rumored to have heavily fallen out with Paul Caldwell, who's in a non-moneyed occupation.

I think maybe JB's finally started to worry about the burgeoning numbers in his horde and the fact that he's previously arranged things so that it's almost entirely his work and strategizing that's supposed to feed and house them all for decades to come. So now all the Duggs are more on the lookout for in-law families who can bring in some cash, perhaps. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 5
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

I don't know, contrary to popular opinion, I don't think the parents pick the mates, even with Jed and Katey. Which in reality, doesn't really matter because these Fundy kids, with the rare exception, will only consider other Fundies as potential mates.

Jana doesn't look like an old hag, so if your goal isn't having 19 kids, she's 'just as good' as someone a few years younger.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, floridamom said:

What's all this I've been reading about Jana courting a Wissman guy? Any truth to it?

The rumor started after someone uncovered a picture of a Wissman family Christmas gathering (not a big party), and Jana was there.

He also appeared in a picture from around Justin's wedding, standing near Jana.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

Wasn’t there also a Duggar son at the Wissman Christmas party? My money is on him doing the courting and Jana being the chaperone. I hope I’m wrong if Jana wants to be married and if Stephen (sp?) is a good match for her.  I guess time will tell. 

Edited by EVS
Clarity
  • Love 6
Just now, EVS said:

Wasn’t there also a Duggar son at the Christmas party? My money is on him doing the courting and Jana being the chaperone. I hope I’m wrong if Jana wants to be married and if Stephen (sp?) is a good match for her.  I guess time will tell. 

Was it maybe Jer? There are rumors he is courting one of Stephen's sisters. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
6 minutes ago, Zella said:

Was it maybe Jer? There are rumors he is courting one of Stephen's sisters. 

Thank you. I thought it was Jer but wasn’t positive. I doubt he and Jana are both courting in the same family at the same time. JB seems to be marrying off all the lost boys all of a sudden so that’s why I suspect it’s Jer not Jana, although for the sake of the show I think a Jana courtship would be better so maybe it is Jana. 

Eta: Also, without Jed, Jer needs someone to share his bunk bed!

Edited by EVS
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5
(edited)
4 minutes ago, EVS said:

I thought it was Jer but wasn’t positive. I doubt he and Jana are both courting in the same family at the same time. JB seems to be marrying off all the lost boys all of a sudden so that’s why I suspect it’s Jer not Jana, although for the sake of the show I think a Jana courtship would be better so maybe it is Jana. 

I think it could be either of them or both of them. It does seem like in this season of life, the Duggars are quieter about the courtships than they were before, so it is hard to know. It seems like the earlier courtships were much more open on social media, but I might be assuming that more than is warranted. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Zella said:

I think it could be either of them or both of them. It does seem like in this season of life, the Duggars are quieter about the courtships than they were before, so it is hard to know. It seems like the earlier courtships were much more open on social media, but I might be assuming that more than is warranted on that. 

They do seem to be quieter about the courtships which makes speculating more interesting to me. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
26 minutes ago, EVS said:

Wasn’t there also a Duggar son at the Wissman Christmas party? My money is on him doing the courting and Jana being the chaperone. I hope I’m wrong if Jana wants to be married and if Stephen (sp?) is a good match for her.  I guess time will tell. 

If Jana was just a chaperone at the Wissman Christmas party, then why would Stephen be spotted near Jana in both the Justin/Claire and the Jed!/Katey weddings? Why would Stephen even attend either wedding if Jana's purpose at the Wissmans Christmas party was to be a chaperone for Jeremiah?

(And, to clarify, only some Wissmans were spotted, not the entire family.)

And, if Jeremiah needed a chaperone in Nebraska, why would it be Jana? Why not his single brothers?

I think it's both Jana and Jeremiah courting Wissmans. I don't think the Duggars care at all about the woman being older than the man - that was the case with Jessa/Ben, Justin/Claire, and now Jed!/Katey (Katey is about five - six months older than Jed!).

Edited by madpsych78
  • Useful 5
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Zella said:

I think it could be either of them or both of them. It does seem like in this season of life, the Duggars are quieter about the courtships than they were before, so it is hard to know. It seems like the earlier courtships were much more open on social media, but I might be assuming that more than is warranted. 

I think its both. They fudged timelines, but the show was on more regular then, so for Jill's and Jessa's courtships, we found out after the fact, their courtships started much earlier than we thought. I think maybe after Jinger and once the weddings and babies started coming at rapid speed, TLC got farther and farther behind and we knew most everything long before it was aired on the show.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I think its both. They fudged timelines, but the show was on more regular then, so for Jill's and Jessa's courtships, we found out after the fact, their courtships started much earlier than we thought. I think maybe after Jinger and once the weddings and babies started coming at rapid speed, TLC got farther and farther behind and we knew most everything long before it was aired on the show.

Ah okay that makes sense! 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

Let’s face it, the boys getting married off are much less interesting than the barely interesting girls that got married. TLC is focusing more on the families, not any of the individuals.

Also, we're getting into the middle kids, and almost no one know who they are. We're not the only ones who are surprised that "there's a Justin?"

You would have to be a pretty serious humper to know any of the kids between Jinger and Josie. The original show was about JB and J'chelle and their swarm of kids -- the individuality of the kids was irrelevant (and, of course, still is irrelevant to JB and J'chelle).

Seeing a couple of the older kids get married and start their own families might have been nice for some of the more invested humpers, but marriage #10 and grandchild #20 are really not very interesting. The only thing that keeps most of us here is the strange shenanigans around the "courtships" and "betrothals" and most casual viewers don't know (or care) about any of that.

• Love 20