Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

If the girl was smart, she'd have run for the hills before allowing herself to become television fodder. 

Personally, I'd fake my own death before I woke up to John David's greasy melon head next to mine every day until I die. 

• Love 9

Personally, I'd fake my own death before I woke up to John David's greasy melon head next to mine every day until I die. 

Oh, cinder block on the used car's accelerator, over the landfill cliff, jumping out at the last second, move 2 continents away kinda death faking, for sure.

• Love 9

About poor Jana, she spent the first 15 or 16 years of her life in that 3 bedroom house with 14 kids shoved into 2 bedrooms and not enough beds for everyone, so I'm thinking her view of getting happily married with dozens of children is probably horrifying to her to some degree.   The emotional trauma of those years probably turned her off to becoming a housebound mother with dozens of children.  I really wouldn't be surprised if guys have wanted to court her but she told JB that after praying about it that - it wasn't the right guy.  Maybe she's stuck in the children's room forever but they all have their own beds now and enough bathrooms so to her it's the better alternative.  

• Love 10

Oh yeah, they're bitchy all right.  They can throw shade with the best of them.

What always blew my mind is how one twin is beautiful and the other is so unfortunate looking. Poor JD is balding, spotty, and greasy looking.  I used to have higher hopes for him since he has more freedom than any of them, even his own place, but makes his sisters do his laundry and claims they love it...he's pretty chauvinistic, but what else was he taught?

• Love 3

John getting married before Jana? When I first started watching the show I never would have thought that would happen. I really don't think I want to see John having side hugs and excessively holding hands with some poor fundie girl. I used to think they didn't want Jana to get married because of all her free labour, but by this point im sure JB would love to marry her off. They must know that if John and maybe Jinger actually get married then people are going to be asking about Jana even more than they do now.

• Love 1

I can totally relate to the Duggar girls/women - always having to be in full makeup and looking their best.  Starting when I was 12, my parents expected the girls to wear full makeup - in and out of the house at all times (except when sleeping of course).  We could wear whatever we wanted - jeans, t-shirts, short skirts, bikini's, whatever - but we were always expected to wear makeup.  And stay very thin.  Decades later, I find it very awkward to be without makeup, in or out of the house.  Fortunately, after so much practice I can put on my foundation, blush, lipstick, mascara and eyeshadow in 5 minutes flat.  I think my parents prided themselves on having the best looking children possible.  I'm not from the south and just thought of it as a generational thing.  

• Love 4

We all learn so much on here. I never thought much about who wears make-up or why, until the Duggars made such a big deal about their countenance. Never once did I equate make-up with modesty or anything biblical, until again, the Duggars.

I experimented with make-up in my late teens - wore it when I felt like it. Then it turned into when I 'went-out'. Now I wear it basically at weddings and funerals. 

• Love 5

I've always found Gothard's insistance on women wearing lots of make-up to be so incredibly strange and counteractive against everything I know about evangelicals. Around here the freechurch people (Baptists, Methodists, Pentacostal etc) were adamantly against any kind of make-up until quite recently. As in, "wearing make-up will send you straight to hell" kind of adamant. They've loosened up considerably but I went to school with several girls of the evangelical persuasion and most of them only wore a smidge of mascara and maybe some lip gloss if they were feeling daring. Now this was in the late 90's so things have probably changed for the kids of today, but the few adult evangelicals I still know tend to use very discreet make-up if any at all.

• Love 6
On 5/25/2016 at 11:07 AM, BitterApple said:

I don't get it either. She gets all dolled up to what, sit on the sectional all day and stare at her siblings? 

It's most likely the one thing she can control. 

• Love 6
(edited)
10 hours ago, Vaysh said:

Around here the freechurch people (Baptists, Methodists, Pentacostal etc) were adamantly against any kind of make-up until quite recently. As in, "wearing make-up will send you straight to hell" kind of adamant.

I think the difference is the Duggars are the "look at me" type of Evangelical, complete with Instagram, and People magazine covers.

Edited by TaxNerd
  • Love 7
(edited)
6 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

Jill and Derick sure look different. 

I'll say. Aren't those Catholic-school uniforms?

Yeah. Everybody there desperately needs to hear about Christ. .... And I'm sure Joy'll be eager to tell them. Just like all the rest of her self-righteous sibs. I've been really skeptical of Joy ever since I became convinced that she's the one yelling "Git 'eem! Git 'eem!" in the background of the terrorize-the-cat video. How Christian they all are.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 7

Hmmm ,,, Joy flew over right after the parents and a J-boy, who had flown over right after Jessa & Ben, and the others who were filmed there. Cathy has been twice, but there were periods of time were J & D were without family.

These three consecutive visits makes me wonder if Jill can't handle it alone and will now have round the clock Jill-care.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Hmmm ,,, Joy flew over right after the parents and a J-boy, who had flown over right after Jessa & Ben, and the others who were filmed there. Cathy has been twice, but there were periods of time were J & D were without family.

These three consecutive visits makes me wonder if Jill can't handle it alone and will now have round the clock Jill-care.

So....where's Joy Anna's chaperone/accountability partner? Or did she actually come the Boob and Chelle and the Howler, and they're just stretching it out for media whoring purposes? 

• Love 4

They've learned to fudge timelines from TLC. Who knows when this was taken. For all we know, the Dullards have been back and forth a few times as well, but learned to keep it off social media because they got blasted for their frequent flying. 

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Great! New jobs for the J-Slaves, Howlers, etc.! Can't have any of them thinking that they ought to go elsewhere to find a sense of purpose.

Edited by Churchhoney
I see everything twice! I see everything twice!
  • Love 2

All of these family members visiting Jill and Derick, all helping to take care of Izzy no doubt since no Duggar mother can take care of her own kid(s)  without sister moms.  How much do you want to make a bet the Dillards donors are paying for these trips?   They spend 10 minutes on photo ops to justify the ministry and the rest of the vacation touring the city and eating out with Jill and Derick.

7 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

So....where's Joy Anna's chaperone/accountability partner? Or did she actually come the Boob and Chelle and the Howler, and they're just stretching it out for media whoring purposes? 

I found this on a fan page, so it's entirely possible she went with the parents and James. I suppose she could have just gone though, and been accompanied by Jinger, Jana, or an approved friend. She did fly back from DA alone with just Carlin Bates last year.

• Love 2

I had a Duggar dream last night. The older girls went to a movie and Jinger sneaked out the back of the theatre and made a break for it. Several of us from these boards were with the older siblings explaining to them that we had been hoping for this and we would help them strategize to break free, too, if they wanted.

Perhaps I spend too much time here...

• Love 6
32 minutes ago, jcbrown said:

I had a Duggar dream last night. The older girls went to a movie and Jinger sneaked out the back of the theatre and made a break for it. Several of us from these boards were with the older siblings explaining to them that we had been hoping for this and we would help them strategize to break free, too, if they wanted.

Perhaps I spend too much time here...

I know right? I told Mr Evenstar that I really needed to get a life now that I'm not working and have no access to the art school until the fall. I feel I spend too much time on these boards, but it's such a guilty pleasure and I enjoy the sense of community.

• Love 7

With all the internet filters they have, I doubt that they've ever seen FreeJinger, let alone read the content. However, they MAY know that it exists, but given how much they're sheltered and kept amongst their own kind, maybe not. 

50 minutes ago, Kokapetl said:

The J-slaves are the internet gatekeepers. 

Yeah, Jana has the passwords, but they have also talked about the shit ton of internet filters they have, and even advertised a couple on their FB page in the last year or so. The girls do have Iphones, but I doubt they have unfettered internet access on those, either. 

• Love 1
On 6/4/2016 at 8:03 AM, Churchhoney said:

I'll say. Aren't those Catholic-school uniforms?

In Latin America, it is common for schoolchildren, whether they go to public school or Catholic school, to wear uniforms. The schools want all the children to look the same, regardless of income, so they basically require two shirts and either a skirt or pants for the entire school year, which pretty much everyone can afford.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, AnnaBaptist said:

In Latin America, it is common for schoolchildren, whether they go to public school or Catholic school, to wear uniforms. The schools want all the children to look the same, regardless of income, so they basically require two shirts and either a skirt or pants for the entire school year, which pretty much everyone can afford.

Sorry. I was making a joke that obviously flopped. Kokapetl (I think) joked that the two kids in the picture were actually Jill and Derick (since the caption said that Joy was visiting them) and that they'd really changed. And then I tried (and failed) to joke that not only had they changed into young kids but they seem to have changed into Catholics, with school uniforms and all. When you have to explain your joke, it was a very poor and unsuccessful joke!

As for your point -- interesting information! And seems like a very good practice to me.

• Love 7

It was a funny comment, Church honey, I got it!

In many places in California though, policies were put into place some years ago to have the boys in the lower grades all wear a certain kind and color of pants, and the girls certains kinds and color of blouses and skirts or pants.  I cut down on fights and made the kids look less trashy.  Some parents complained, but even the outcry over the poor didn't work since the kids had to wear something, and they were only being asked to have a uniform look.  It really made a difference in many ways, including subtly telling the kids they were going to school for a reason and giving them some unity.  I used to get beaten up by public school kids for wearing a uniform, but that's how it goes.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Micks Picks said:

It was a funny comment, Church honey, I got it!

In many places in California though, policies were put into place some years ago to have the boys in the lower grades all wear a certain kind and color of pants, and the girls certains kinds and color of blouses and skirts or pants.  I cut down on fights and made the kids look less trashy.  Some parents complained, but even the outcry over the poor didn't work since the kids had to wear something, and they were only being asked to have a uniform look.  It really made a difference in many ways, including subtly telling the kids they were going to school for a reason and giving them some unity.  I used to get beaten up by public school kids for wearing a uniform, but that's how it goes.

My area too. Many school districts now require khaki or black pants, and the shirt, a polo, is a certain color for the different schools. The Catholic schools are the same except for the girls; plaid jumpers for K - 5, plaid skirts for 6 - 12.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Yeah, Jana has the passwords, but they have also talked about the shit ton of internet filters they have, and even advertised a couple on their FB page in the last year or so. The girls do have Iphones, but I doubt they have unfettered internet access on those, either. 

It is not terribly difficult circumvent restrictions in iOS. If any of the kids really wanted to, they could remove any roadblocks on an iPhone with relative ease. There was a very high profile story a few years ago about how the LA school system was embarrassed by how fast they had to yank iPads back from the student body when they learned the students could easily disable the school's controls. 

(edited)
2 hours ago, questionfear said:

It is not terribly difficult circumvent restrictions in iOS. If any of the kids really wanted to, they could remove any roadblocks on an iPhone with relative ease. There was a very high profile story a few years ago about how the LA school system was embarrassed by how fast they had to yank iPads back from the student body when they learned the students could easily disable the school's controls. 

That's why the Duggar parents have instituted a tattling system. I'm sure that one of the J kids could work around the filters, but another sibling could -- and would -- pick up the phone and find out and tattle ASAP. While Jill may have been Head Tattler, I doubt that she was the only one.

To me, the kids don't appear to be close to one another -- at all. There are a few exceptions like Jessa/Jinger, maybe Jana/JD, and the boy twins. I think that this is why the boy twins weren't sent to ALERT together. I'm sure that there is a Widson booklet somewhere that explains why siblings should be separated whenever possible and pitted against one another when it's not.

Edited by cmr2014
Wanted to add an additional thought about the twins.
  • Love 13
24 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

That's why the Duggar parents have instituted a tattling system. I'm sure that one of the J kids could work around the filters, but another sibling could -- and would -- pick up the phone and find out and tattle ASAP. While Jill may have been Head Tattler, I doubt that she was the only one.

To me, the kids don't appear to be close to one another -- at all. There are a few exceptions like Jessa/Jinger, maybe Jana/JD, and the boy twins. I think that this is why the boy twins weren't sent to ALERT together. I'm sure that there is a Widson booklet somewhere that explains why siblings should be separated whenever possible and pitted against one another when it's not.

So much for those conservative family values!!! Gotta love it!

I was looking around on the IBLP website for stuff about siblings and I found where they got the inspiration behind telling Jana to give Jessa her jewelry box.

'At times when you are struggling to get along with a particular brother or sister, consider giving. As you invest in a sibling who seems more like an enemy, you are putting treasure into your relationship, and your affection for your sibling will increase as a result of your loving initiative. Think about what you can give: time, prayer, words of praise, or gifts—things your sibling needs or will enjoy. Maybe you could offer to help him or her with a project or a household chore.'

• Love 2

On the Counting on TLC website theres a deleted scene where Jinger goes to shadow an actual professional photographer (not a fundie who thinks they are a photographer), but an actual woman running her own photography business. Seems like a great idea, and a scene that should have been kept instead of the stupid Jinger pretending to sell cars rubbish. Unfortunately she had to have Jessa and Spurgeon accompany her. They can't have an unmarried women visiting a photography studio by herself! The horror!

• Love 6

I think the problem there is that she would be "seeing" and not "doing." Although when push came to shove, she didn't negotiate for the sale of that car, either. And who knows if she was even able to really bid on it at the auction, and raising her hand was for show with JD in the background doing the real bidding. 

3 hours ago, larfs said:

On the Counting on TLC website theres a deleted scene where Jinger goes to shadow an actual professional photographer (not a fundie who thinks they are a photographer), but an actual woman running her own photography business. Seems like a great idea, and a scene that should have been kept instead of the stupid Jinger pretending to sell cars rubbish. Unfortunately she had to have Jessa and Spurgeon accompany her. They can't have an unmarried women visiting a photography studio by herself! The horror!

Now Jinger at the pro studio, I would have watched that.  Better than that flipping nonsense, where everyone but her seemed to do something.

• Love 2

Quick question:  Has anyone seen or heard anything about Joy getting her GED?  I know that Jim Bob and Michelle acknowledged the other older kids when they graduated, but Joy is almost 19 and AFAIK there has been no mention of this milestone.

It seems to me that the joke that was homeschooling went from horrible to non-existent around the time Joy was ready for some more advanced material.  I had hopes for the twins because they actually seemed a bit more intellectually inclined than their siblings, but they are almost 18 and no word of them graduating either.  

• Love 3

It seems like since the crew no longer films the younger kids very much, they are getting an even more limited perspective than they had.  Jana I think is the only one who ever goes out a little on her own without a buddy.  Jinger going to a photography studio with sister and nephew in tow might have seemed too ridiculous to show on television.  They might as well cripple those kids so they don't break away.  Instead they don't allow them to use their brains and free will and send them everywhere with family in tow.  You know, I think God gave us free will to use it, and we show something when we use it rather than a robotic action.  Poor Jackson, I do like the kid, but it's been a long time now since he has had any inspiration from the crew who, while they may be fundy, are at least fundy lite.  He may be a robot now.  How sad.

• Love 8