Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

The facebook link works, the link for responses doesn't. Also the response to the Tammy's comment doesn't work with anyone who has a logical functioning mind.

I'm confused. The post is for the responses to Tammi's "barefoot and pregnant" comment.

Tammi Embry @ 3:10 am

Choose your barefoot and pregnant wife from these ladies. And Michelle has instructed them to never deny their husbands sex. No matter what!!

Kimo L Wikelani

Obedience is something to be commended and should be regarded as honourable and desirable nowadays. Anyone of those daughters can and should instruct how and why feminists need to retract their intense anger directed at every guy and gal who prefer traditional values and gender roles. Being mad because other people's choices do not reflect your own sadly conveys your own embittered struggle for trying to secure misguided relevance in the lives of people who will never follow you yet you and your fellow haters continue to follow them...like moths to a flame.

Jana, Jinger, Joy, Hannah, Jen, Jordan, Josie and any other daughter Michelle and Jim choose to have through potential future adoptions if you really care to know which you don't...just your rhetoric compelling you to share with those scant few who can't accept the massive popularity and money-earning machine that are the Duggar women.

The post and reply.  She could have just said "Haters will Hate" and spare us. I'm not jealous of the Duggar women, just sad for the loss of opportunity for them.  They are missing so much goodness of the world by being shut in by their religion. Their lives aren't supposed to start until they are married. Talk about being put on hold for a long time. 

Also that last line makes them on par with the Kardashians. I wonder if Kimo realized that.

The "scant few"?

Personally, I'm so grateful and it is such a blessing from the lord that God laid it on the author's heart to encourage me to realize: "Being mad at other people's choices because they do not reflect your own sadly conveys your own embittered struggle for trying to secure misguided relevance in the lives of people who will never follow you yet you and your fellow haters continue to follow them .. Like moths to a flame."

Long live Wisdom Book homeschooling English class.

Signed,

Embittered Moth Seeking Misguided Relevance in the Lives of the Flame People

*hangs head in shame* It's true. I admit it. If even one Duggar felt that I was relevant, I would totally change my stance on child molestation and cults. 

• Love 7

Kimo L Wikelani

Obedience is something to be commended and should be regarded as honourable and desirable nowadays. Anyone of those daughters can and should instruct how and why feminists need to retract their intense anger directed at every guy and gal who prefer traditional values and gender roles. Being mad because other people's choices do not reflect your own sadly conveys your own embittered struggle for trying to secure misguided relevance in the lives of people who will never follow you yet you and your fellow haters continue to follow them...like moths to a flame.

Jana, Jinger, Joy, Hannah, Jen, Jordan, Josie and any other daughter Michelle and Jim choose to have through potential future adoptions if you really care to know which you don't...just your rhetoric compelling you to share with those scant few who can't accept the massive popularity and money-earning machine that are the Duggar women.

Woo! Somebody's been tapping the coffee brandy again.
  • Love 2

I've been reading the comments on the Duggar Family Blog site. Their fans are just as bad as the Duggars in their hypocrisy. Whenever there is a naysayer, the fans reply the naysayer knows nothing of the Duggars cuz they don't live with them & have seen only a small part of their lives on TV. Then there is a fan who said to trust her (the fan) that Jana would move out & go to go to college if she wanted. "She loves her family and is happy being there and has plenty of help." How would the leghumper know this about Jana unless she lived with them or was close to her? This poster goes on wanting people to stop (the naysaying) "because you have no idea what you are talking about." Like she does.

• Love 6

Jessa married an unemployed teenager to get out of the TTH. That tells us everything we need to know about the Duggar daughters' options, or lack thereof.

If Jana wanted to go to college she'd be encouraged to "pray on it" until God gave her the answer Daddy wanted to hear.

• Love 13

I've been reading the comments on the Duggar Family Blog site. Their fans are just as bad as the Duggars in their hypocrisy. Whenever there is a naysayer, the fans reply the naysayer knows nothing of the Duggars cuz they don't live with them & have seen only a small part of their lives on TV. Then there is a fan who said to trust her (the fan) that Jana would move out & go to go to college if she wanted. "She loves her family and is happy being there and has plenty of help." How would the leghumper know this about Jana unless she lived with them or was close to her? This poster goes on wanting people to stop (the naysaying) "because you have no idea what you are talking about." Like she does.

Jana, of course, shouldn't need "help" caring for this family.

Because she shouldn't be caring for them. Her mother and father should.

• Love 14
Jessa married an unemployed teenager to get out of the TTH. That tells us everything we need to know about the Duggar daughters' options, or lack thereof.

If Jana wanted to go to college she'd be encouraged to "pray on it" until God gave her the answer Daddy wanted to hear.[/quote

Yeah, just like the Maxwell daughter who wrote a sermon on the evils of college. Taking us away from The Lord's Will, and teaching Ways Of The World. After reading a couple blog articles on SAHD's, I now understand that most of these young women truely believe it's God's will that they remain at home. Some change their minds and get out, but many don't.

• Love 4

As parents we all skew our kids views in the beginning, but most allow their kids to grow into their own person. Gothardites, and some others don't.

MERRIAM-WEBSTER

indoctrinate
: to teach (someone) to fully accept the ideas, opinions, and beliefs of a particular group and to not consider other ideas, opinions, and beliefs

• Love 5

I guess we're all more likely to be hyperprotective of our fantasy heroes than we are even of the people we care about most in real life. We know the pros and cons of the real-life people, but all we know about our fantasy heroes is how they operate in our illusionary dreams. We've got a prime right here of the wish fulfillment that the Duggars represent for their leghumping fans, I'd say.  (although I must say that it's scary to me to think that this SAHD thing is a cherished fantasy for a bunch of women -- I suppose that means the Duggs' superfans are fearful people just like them ...)

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 4

I'm hoping we get to see more of the Girl's room at the TTH on the new show but I'm sure we won't. Like who sleeps in what bed? What age do the little boys have to be to move into the Boy's room? (Thinking of Michael who is 4.) I feel sorry for Jana, Jinger & Joy. They finally got more room when Jill & Jessa left but that was short lived when Anna & the 4 M's moved in. It's been years since the J'slaves have had to be woken up by a crying baby or little ones but now it has to be nightly.

• Love 10

I'm pretty sure those are those fake decorator books that the New York decorator used as an accent piece on the side of a couch when they moved into the TTH. They might have been on a stand, but I am pretty sure that they just sat like that on the floor, hence their being oversized. 

• Love 1

It's just so WEIRD that Anna is hiding out with her in-laws. If my husband went to Jesus jail for banging hookers, the last people on Earth I'd want to look at would be his stupid family. Assuming I had four tiny kids and absolutely zero means to support them myself, I'd go live with my mother. Or a sibling. Or a friend. But my in-laws? I'm equally split between feeling horrifically sorry for Anna and being angry with her for being a fully functioning adult woman who behaves this way. Ages and ages ago a poster here (I can't remember who, one of you eloquent devils) said that Anna is essentially teaching her children that humiliating your wife and family isn't really that big of a deal, she'll forgive you and keep smiling.

• Love 17
(edited)

It's just so WEIRD that Anna is hiding out with her in-laws. If my husband went to Jesus jail for banging hookers, the last people on Earth I'd want to look at would be his stupid family. Assuming I had four tiny kids and absolutely zero means to support them myself, I'd go live with my mother. Or a sibling. Or a friend. But my in-laws? I'm equally split between feeling horrifically sorry for Anna and being angry with her for being a fully functioning adult woman who behaves this way. Ages and ages ago a poster here (I can't remember who, one of you eloquent devils) said that Anna is essentially teaching her children that humiliating your wife and family isn't really that big of a deal, she'll forgive you and keep smiling.

Her parents don't have a tv show. Her brother offered.

Jana is looking so beautiful. Jana is the prettiest of the older girls. (Jessa  is too horsey to keep the title.)

Edited by sometimesy
  • Love 6

Ages and ages ago a poster here (I can't remember who, one of you eloquent devils) said that Anna is essentially teaching her children that humiliating your wife and family isn't really that big of a deal, she'll forgive you and keep smiling.

I guess she fits right in with the Duggars' mantra. Josh sexually abusing five girls was no big deal either.

• Love 5

They're having Mexican night night! Who decorates the stove area for Valentine's Day! Is Jana wearing jeans? She is still putting the Gothard-Approved banana curls in her hair!

Who adorns the stove area, no matter what holiday, with paper decorations?

Oh, that's right. Brainless people or people who don't cook. (and, in this case, obviously both ...)

• Love 11

Why did she have to go anywhere? Was there a reason she couldn't continue to live in her own home? Is it because she has no access to any money? That's....appalling for a mother of four children.

• Love 7

Hmm.. hey TLC start sending in a real, reputable, single men only team. :)

One thing everyone's pretty sure of is that JB has a say over who is in the film crew. IIRC a few years ago they found out one of the crew was gay and he wasn't fired, exactly, but TLC reassigned him to another show.

(edited)

Why did she have to go anywhere? Was there a reason she couldn't continue to live in her own home?

I think that, officially, women can't live on their own as heads of households, even temporarily. I mean -- Who's her headship? I believe that the concept of a woman having "a home of her own" (hell, even "a room of her own") is a non-concept in the Christian patriarchal universe.  .... As I write this, it sounds like a joke. But I think it's probably a deadly serious principle with these lunatics.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 10

Anna's mother lives with Anna's fire and brimstone father in a double wide. Anna's parents aren't going to offer any incentive or bribes either.
  • Love 4

Who adorns the stove area, no matter what holiday, with paper decorations?

Oh, that's right. Brainless people or people who don't cook. (and, in this case, obviously both ...)

And talk about a fire hazard having those paper decorations directly over an open-flame gas grill/stove top! Even a small oil splash could cause the flames to jump and start a fire. I doubt their extinguishing system has been serviced since the house was built, so good luck counting on it to put the fire out! /nerd

• Love 1

I don't think Anna had a lot of good choices. Meredith was just weeks old when Josh went to rehab. I thought that her staying with her in-laws was odd, because I would want to be with my family. And maybe that was part of the plan; move to the Compound because it's nearby, then move to FL. But she might have realized that staying in Arkansas offered her more. She has 24 hour child care, presumably more access to money, and she can be lost in the crowd. And as Koka said, her parents are Gothard as well.

For a woman that has opted to try and salvage her marriage, staying with the Duggars may have been the best choice.

• Love 6

Here's the thing I don't get (or, maybe, one of many things I don't get). They want to marry off these kids, right? Why don't they make some effort to make them appear marriageable? If this were a picture of a normal group of young people who had prepared this revolting taco night (?) for their friends, I wouldn't think anything of it. They would be young people who are busy with school, part-time jobs, activities, and friends, and who don't know how to cook, and really don't care that much about cleanliness, but that's not who they are.

The girls all aspire to be SAHM, right? Yet they have none of the skills necessary to run a (normal) household. None of the girls can cook, and the few examples they've shown have been of how "adorably" incompetent they are at cooking. The house is filthy, and their "buddies" are unkept and wild. There are five adult women in that household right now, and only a few of the Duggar kids are still under 10, so why can't somebody cook a decent meal? 

The boys are consistantly shown lolling around the house doing nothing. Aside from the episode pimping out JD, their is no sign that any of them does anything other than sit around the house all day. If I was a fundie dad, I wouldn't let any of those boys near my daughter.

What on Earth is the purpose of this photo -- an awful looking "meal" being prepared in a dirty kitchen while some random boys sit around and mug for the camera.

• Love 8
(edited)

WHAT would it take, if not the Joshley Madison humiliation, to spur an Anna to RETHINK all those years of indoctrination?

Anna's brother offered her a new path, so Anna had more going for her in that than some women get, yet she has decided to martyr up, teach her kids that marriage can be a total sham, yet women must stay if they are to be considered godly.

This all is so seriously messed up.

Well, if you receive the message often enough, through enough channels, and beginning in babyhood that your wants are nothing, that you don't have worth as a separate individual but only as part of a couple or a group, that you don't have a right to act without consulting certain authorities and so on, you really do internalize those ideas. And you do it even if -- eventually -- you consciously and rationally don't believe that those things are true.

Anna's been fed all that stuff from birth, through many channels, and from everybody she's considered an authority. And I think that she probably believes in the system, such as it is, on her own, and probably hasn't questioned it rationally very much either.

I can attest that -- even as somebody whose rational principles have shifted to something quite different -- when you've been conditioned in that way, your fallback position is that your wants are nothing, you don't have worth, etc. All that is down at the bottom of my mind, despite my conscious disbelief in it, and when the idea of acting in a way contrary to those "principles" the conditioning still pushes me hard in the old direction -- and it does so especially strongly when I'm stressed or tired or anxious or the like. And I'm sure that Anna's darned stressed, tired, anxious -- emotionally depleted in many ways -- at this point.

You really do tend to act in accordance with your brainwashing, even decades after the fact if the brainwashing was intense enough and started early enough, in my opinion. And in her case, she's lived entirely in the midst of people who are going to push and push her in the conditioned direction and play on all her potential fears of going a different way.

To be spurred even to seriously try to shift the underlying principles she's imbibed, I expect that she'd have to actually be physically separated from these people, somehow get possession of serious thinking skills, live closely with a bunch of people who behave quite differently, see some specific bad consequences of sticking with the patriarchal views (not just have them be theoretical, which the very real harms you mention to the kids are to her, I'm sure) and have a bunch of time pass with all these conditions in place. And even then, she'd still have the dark voice in her brain yelling that she's a terrible unredeemable person whenever she contemplated acting in accordance with different ideas. (Well, this is what happens to me, at any rate!)

I wish she'd take a different tack, too. But -- so so so much easier said than done, in my opinion anyway.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 16
(edited)

I've come to the conclusion that the Duggars are just gross, dirty people. They always look like they're three days overdue for a bath.

I also love how, in typical Duggar fashion, they have the tray of taco shells at the END of the buffet line. That totally makes sense *sarcasm*.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 2

This isn't founded on anything except my understanding that Boob likes to be in control, but he or others might have told Anna that if she leaves she'll be unable to look after her children and so leaving means leaving on her own.

• Love 1
(edited)

I really struggle, trying to understand such a thing because I, too, was raised in a devoutly religious family, including 12 yrs of parochial school, but all throughout my childhood, I had so many questions, as so much of the indoctrination made no sense. I was told countless times to ,'just take it on faith'. I was told that so many times I felt there must be something inherently, congenitally wrong with me because I just could not make myself 'take on faith' things, important ethical things, that so obviously were contradictory and nonsensical. By ~age 20, I had an epiphany and gave myself the latitude to discard what made no sense to me, and, from that time forward, my confidence in setting my own moral compass has continued to grow. It has been so liberating.

Especially for someone like Anna, who has at least one sibling offering, ENCOURAGING her to take that first step towards offering her children (especially her daughters) a belief in their own self worth and individual potential, yet she is choosing to remain in that Gothard childlike patriarchal prison. Not all women get even that, yet they find a way to move forward with their children. Why not Anna?

I doubt I'll ever be able to fully understand women selling themselves and their daughters so short.

And I just noticed we're way off topic here. Blast you, Duggar photographers, for putting people with different threads in the same picture. ... I'll reply over on Josh and Anna (not that I have anything very significant to say!)

Edited by Churchhoney

I really struggle, trying to understand such a thing because I, too, was raised in a devoutly religious family, including 12 yrs of parochial school, but all throughout my childhood, I had so many questions, as so much of the indoctrination made no sense. I was told countless times to ,'just take it on faith'. I was told that so many times I felt there must be something inherently, congenitally wrong with me because I just could not make myself 'take on faith' things, important ethical things, that so obviously were contradictory and nonsensical. By ~age 20, I had an epiphany and gave myself the latitude to discard what made no sense to me, and, from that time forward, my confidence in setting my own moral compass has continued to grow. It has been so liberating.

SAME SAME!!!

And also, it's not as if the Duggar kids are kept in an underground bunker. They've been around the world, for God's sake. They've been around heathen camera crews for ten years. Anna lived in D.C. while her husband spewed hate by day and banged hookers by night. Any one of those kids has had way more exposure to the outside world than, say, the countless FLDS women who grew up TOTALLY isolated and still managed to work out that it was wrong to be forced to marry a 50 year old when you're fifteen. I get that brainwashing goes deep but COME ON. If I had done everything my parents told me to do exactly as they told me to do it I probably would have gotten more money off of them over the years and my life would have been a no-brainer too, but I'd currently be an alcoholic officer's wife throwing Tupperware parties. 

• Love 9

I get that brainwashing goes deep but COME ON. If I had done everything my parents told me to do exactly as they told me to do it I probably would have gotten more money off of them over the years and my life would have been a no-brainer too, but I'd currently be an alcoholic officer's wife throwing Tupperware parties. 

Yeah, but some individuals are much better brainwashers than others (it's psychology, I think, and not the nature of the beliefs so much) and some people are much more susceptible to brainwashing than others. (just like some dogs are very very trainable and some barely trainable at all, and some people are dog whisperers and others take two years to housebreak the world's most trainable puppy). .... Wide range of variation in these things, for people as well as for puppies and puppy owners, I think.

Also -- I'd like to see a tv show based on your two potential trajectories! Throwing Tupperware parties, indeed.

• Love 3