Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E14: A Slippery Slope

• Start Topic

34 minutes ago, TheFinalRose said:

Ok, in the interest of the truth, I Zapruder'd the scenes and you are correct. She did eat some blueberries, and some of the eggs. She did not eat her toast and her avocado. She left more food on her plate than any other cast member.

I don't know why this bugs me about Carole, but it does. It strikes me as somewhat representative of her character--that she takes things on and drops them part way into it. So half-eaten eggs and some faux avocado toast becomes a metaphor for her two book contract, the second part of which she never fulfilled. I see Carole as someone who has so much going for her -- both intellect and emotional intelligence, as well as writing talent, but she doesn't work it. I want more from her because I think she has a lot going for her. There. 

That was a deep thoughtful post, I think I agree with you too.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, TheFinalRose said:

Ok, in the interest of the truth, I Zapruder'd the scenes and you are correct. She did eat some blueberries, and some of the eggs. She did not eat her toast and her avocado. She left more food on her plate than any other cast member.

I don't know why this bugs me about Carole, but it does. It strikes me as somewhat representative of her character--that she takes things on and drops them part way into it. So half-eaten eggs and some faux avocado toast becomes a metaphor for her two book contract, the second part of which she never fulfilled. I see Carole as someone who has so much going for her -- both intellect and emotional intelligence, as well as writing talent, but she doesn't work it. I want more from her because I think she has a lot going for her. There. 

Dorothy amazed.gif

• Love 13
(edited)

I could watch B snowboard and Lu ski all day long. They seemed so graceful on the slopes and so at ease. Tinsley did too but it was hard to watch her as Ramona keeps yelling at her not to get too close.

i did enjoy the panic in ramona's voice. It's the Sadist in me I guess.

Edited by bagger
Because saddest has nothing to do with sadist some times.
  • Love 22
(edited)
1 hour ago, TheFinalRose said:

Maybe it bugs you because of what she said about watching Jules eat last season. Now realizing that, although Carole does eat, she doesn't eat everything she puts on her plate, something she noticed Jules doing. Eating a few bites but leaving much of it on the plate.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 22
On 7/6/2017 at 8:44 AM, Normades said:

The whole kiss from Sonja was disgusting.  From Bethenny encouraging it to the execution, it was awful to watch and those two are truly wretched people.  I hope that poor guy didn't end up breaking out with "cold sore" later.  Then, with an honorable mention in disgusting behavior we have Ramona.  Treating the ski instructor so horribly, putting her nasty feet on furniture and acting like the general ass she always is.  The only reason Sonja's behavior is worse is because at least Ramona didn't assault someone and possibly expose them to diseases.  

I agree with LuAnn, there are some things that do not need to be discussed, especially at the dinner table.  Also, when I see what a horrible individual Ramona is, all I keep thinking is that Mario is somewhere smiling. 

I am stunned by Ramona's behavior. She is so rude. I can't believe that they were discussing anal sex at a dinner table. WTF is Sonja kissing the waiter? This is so strange even by RHONY standards.

• Love 10
16 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Now realizing that, although Carole does eat, she doesn't eat everything she puts on her plate, something she noticed Jules doing. Eating a few bites but leaving much of it on the plate.

Maybe Carole felt she learned something new.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

When the show first started she seemed to have a real job,  not sure what it was

When she was 30 years old, Ramona's father loaned her $70k so she could start RMS Fashions, Inc. The company bought excess inventory from retailers and sold it to discount stores: TG Maxx, Marshall's, etc..   The loan? "I paid him back, in full, with interest, within a month," Ramona told Woman Around Town in 2010.

• Love 8
On 05/07/2017 at 7:37 PM, Neurochick said:

Bethanny, if you're so private about your life, then why are you on a reality show?  Oh, I know $$$ and selling SkinnyGirl shit.

Love the way you put that!LOL!

• Love 7
7 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I have similar issues as you do with Carole piling all that food on her plate if she wasn't going to eat it. It's wasteful and obnoxious.

Remember when I thought that some food looked REALLY REALLY good and I "piled" it on my plate, and then I tasted it.  So disappointing!  I ate what I could to be polite.  There was so much food untouched and left over that I didn't really think more about it. Then I read mean comments about myself and vowed to never eat on TV again.  

• Love 8
(edited)

I don't see any reason to complain about Bethenney's board.  There are all kinds of ad/logos on the slopes: people's skis, boards, equipment, clothing.   It had to be a joke when Luann referred to the SkinnyGirl car and we were shown the date (2011).   The Housewives franchise is fraught with ridiculous promotions of all their various failed and fake "enterprises."  At least Bethenney's are successful (for the most part) with good graphics.

SkinnyGirlSnowboard.png

Edited by Former Nun
  • Love 13
7 hours ago, TheFinalRose said:

Part of my wondering about Carole's full plate is why she took so much food if she didn't plan to eat it. Eggs aren't a favorite of mine for breakfast, and I don't like blueberries with eggs either. Therefore, I usually know when the food is out whether I want it or not, and don't take any if it doesn't appeal to me.

Carole both took the food and passed on the food. 

Sadly, I have done this a few times.  Either the food tasted bad or I just couldn't finish it.  It's a sign of nothing.

• Love 19
On 7/5/2017 at 9:51 PM, Martinigirl said:

Bethenny is one smart cookie...half of America is talking about Skinny Girl

Yeah, talking about how crappy her swill tastes.  I took SK to a party once and the hostess wound up asking me at the end of the night if it was okay to pour the almost full bottle of SK down the drain, BWAHAHAHAHA.  We drank every drop of alcohol in that house and the Skinny Girl bottles I brought were the only things left standing.

• Love 14

I didn't even notice Carole's leftovers on her plate.  I guess I have a tendency to put more on than I can actually eat because people do comment to me that I don't eat enough.  I'm on the four meal a day plan.  It works for me.  And let's face it.  That food wasn't going to go into the refrigerator for leftovers.  It was going to go into the garbage anyhow.  We do know that Carole eats because she does have a propensity for talking with her mouth full.

• Love 6
58 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

I don't see any reason to complain about Bethenney's board.  There are all kinds of ad/logos on the slopes: people's skis, boards, equipment, clothing.   It had to be a joke when Luann referred to the SkinnyGirl car and we were shown the date (2011).   The Housewives franchise is fraught with ridiculous promotions of all their various failed and fake "enterprises."  At least Bethenney's are successful (for the most part) with good graphics.

SkinnyGirlSnowboard.png

I'm a former Bethenny fan who now leans more closely to deep dislike of her, but I loved the board, the outfit and watching her snowboard.  

• Love 4

I loved watching Bethenny and Lu snowboarding.

Just now, breezy424 said:

Beth can shamelessly promote her 'product' but I can also complain about having to see it on a show that has nothing to do with 'her' product.  Sigh.

Nailed it.  Well said, Breezy,  Well said.  

• Love 4
1 minute ago, beesknees said:

I loved watching Bethenny and Lu snowboarding.

I've got admit, as much as can't stand Beth, girl can snowboard.  And Lu....she looked real pretty going down that trail.  Tinsley was good as well.  Ro, not so much.  I guess Sonja was over on the bunny hill.  That's ok.  Cause I'd be back at the lodge with Dorinda and Carole having a beverage.

My skiing days are over.  Yep.  I'm at the Dorinda stage of fear of breaking a hip.  I did ski as a kid but I'm just over it.  Don't make me ice skate as well.  Torn ankle ligaments ended that hobby.

• Love 7
On 7/6/2017 at 7:13 AM, Ki-in said:

I call shenanigans on them dating, I have never seen a pic of them together and he was followed everywhere.

Getting a man to sleep with you is not an accomplishment, even if he's perceived to be handsome and it's actually quite easy so it doesn't make her better

There is a clip out there of the two of them  On the red carpet. I'm not sure if they were holding hands or he had his arm around her but I remember thinking that they looked like they were pretty much together. Like a couple. They showed it on the show Carol's first  season. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Maybe it bugs you because of what she said about watching Jules eat last season. Now realizing that, although Carole does eat, she doesn't eat everything she puts on her plate, something she noticed Jules doing. Eating a few bites but leaving much of it on the plate.

Well, Carole did assert that she knows a lot about denial during her perverse attack on Jules's eating practices. 

• Love 6

Because if you are good, and you can, you get your name on everything. I have a good friend who use to work years ago for Jack Daniels. She use to get me the coolest stuff. I have a Jack Daniels ash tray, shirts, key chain, serving platter for my guacamole, blankets, and a table lamp in my basement bar. This is how you do it folks, and that is why she is very, very rich.

Exactly. It's called good marketing.

I don't think relaying the facts is speaking poorly. Jason's actions speak poorly for themselves. Bethenny may tell Carole "I got another 20 emails yesterday" or "He sent me a text saying I was a horrible mom". That's not speaking poorly of him, that is telling what actually happened. Speaking poorly would be calling him names and revealing private stuff, etc. Also, I think Carole was trying to say that Beth doesn't speak poorly of Jason in front of BRYNN. She was talking about seeing how Bethenny is with her daughter.  She may very well not say a word around the child, but vents to her friend, Carole. Which, I think, is totally normal. 

Very normal, and what real friends do.

Is Carole seeing the Jason news in Page Six really all that odd? It's Page Six, not www.assholejason.com/todaysnews. Which is to say that Page Six is as ubiquitous as TMZ and the like. 

I also need help understanding why Carole speaking up for her friend is considered her being a ventriloquist's dummy? My goodness! I hope my friends speak up for me! I'm still not back to loving Bethenny, but it's great that Carole speaks up for her friend. Or maybe the ultimate #friendshipgoal is one like Sonja and Ramona's where they backbite each other, put ugly ass hairstyles on each other, shriek about sharing the same vacation room then start the countdown clock 'til when they backbite each other again?

That website address is perfect.

Remember, HWs cannot be genuine friends, especially if they are two HWs a person doesn't like...

It wasn't like Carole walked around the table all dramatically in white satin gloves and a turban with a cigarette holder in hand regaling the group about "when I dated George Clooney..."  

Ha!

• Love 14

In any case, I'm still not seeing where talking about what Jason did--like, there's actual proof that he did these things--means that Carole is trashing him. Jason did something awful outside Bryn's school. Carole says that it's being reported he did something awful outside Bryn's school. It's in the news that Jason was sending harassing e-mails and/or texts. Carole says that she's seen these correspondences. How that equates to Carole is trashing Jason boggles my mind. 

Yeah, trashing would imply that Carole isn't telling the truth about Jason and what he did...she is doing the opposite.

It is extremely smart of her to promote her brand any way possible on this show

Other HWs would do well to take a lesson or two from her.

I don't really agree that what Carole is doing is as bad as what Jason is doing/has done. Jason began this kind of behavior before Beth and Carole were even friends. Up until this recent season, maybe a BIT last season, I really don't recall Jason being mentioned much at all. Again, I just really do not think Bethenny is getting Carole to trash him on TV because she can't. I think these are actual things going on in her life and it makes sense that the other girls would talk about it. They all talked about Mario. They've been talking about Tom. It's what they do. 

Gaslighting is defined as manipulating someone into questioning their own sanity. I do not think that is being done to Jason. At. All. I doubt he thinks his behavior is insane in the first place. 

Amen.

What did you expect was going to happen upon Carole reading that article? That she was going to say, "Oh, I am sure there are two sides of this story"? 

Of course not, that is not what friends do. If any of my friends were in Bethenny's situation, I would be supporting her, I guess that would make me her mouthpiece as well. 

Girl code!

I'm not liking ungrateful Dorinda starting to carry on about LuAnn carrying on about getting married

I don't mind it. Especially when she is a bit sloshed lol Hey, someone has to call out Luann, it may as well be Dorinda.

How is Luann being married any different than Dorinda and Carole being widows (with male long term male companions)?  We have certainly had numerous references to their widowhood.

Well, last I checked neither Dorinda or Carole used their widow status to expect a nicer room lol

• Love 11

Luann clutching her pearls and acting as if the conversation about sex, as tawdry as it was, was horrifying to her was laughable. It was not long ago that Luann was the "be cool, don't be uncool" lady. 

Luann may have been a countess, but she wasn't always a lady...

I don't think Mrs. ,  "I deserved a better room because I'm married,  this is my storyline Im'a sell it hard, and I'm gonna throw an after party for my wedding for all the people who weren't good enough to invite at a cruddy venue with no frills in an attempt at more gifts and to shame the haters" would stop.

Loool

Bethanny can't win. If she refuses to talk about her life it's "Oh she shouldn't be on a reality show if she's not going to share everything" and when she does share it's "Oh that should never come up." GAHHHHH

Jason was arrested and charged. That's a fact. She didn't make it up. I'm shocked at the "Well she shouldn't have reported him" line of thinking. So she should just let this man harass and stalk her? Yeah, NO.

Exactly.

This is somewhat off topic, but I noticed when they were clearing the breakfast dishes that everyone's plates were clean, except for Carole's, which had a full plate of eggs, blueberries, etc, that seemed relatively untouched. So does Carole take the food just to appear to be eating with no intention of eating? If she doesn't plan on eating, why not leave the eggs, blueberries etc. so that those who want to eat can have more? Or, were the eggs so bad that she took one bite and said, Nah! And Dorinda just picked up Carole's plate to throw it all away without blinking as if its the norm. 

And thinking back to Dorinda's dinner party, we had Carole seen only eating green beans one at a time. Everyone else eats except Carole.

Not at true at all. I mean, shit, we spent 50 fucking pages debating on whether Carole did or didn't know about dim sum and lavender even though we saw her eating food during that episode. And that is just one example.

It's possible she put the food on her plate, tried it, and didn't care for it.

But let's try and make Carole having an eating disorder a thing...

I know folks hate the bitch, but how could Bethenny be using the show to taint the jury pool? She didn't know that there would be a jury trial until March. Jason was arrested on January 27th 2017. He rejected a plea on March 13th. The case was adjourned to April 26th. Jason was arraigned on two additional charges. Jason made a motion to dismiss the case. The case was adjourned until August 8th.

The footage we're watching right now was filmed immediately after the arrest. So Bethenny is presenting as upset and withdrawn at the end of January knowing that mid-March Jason would reject the plea and that the case would go to trial. Apparently she knew in January that the case would go to trial so she encouraged Carole and Dorinda to talk about how awful Jason is to taint a jury for a trial that no one except for the Amazing Frankel knew would happen at some date to be determined. If Bethenny had those powers of prognostication, she wouldn't have fucking married Jason.

Bwahahahaha!

• Love 12
(edited)

It was a half eaten plate, with some fruit (literally like 4 bluberries and a few raspberries?) and slice of bread and a little bit of the eggs left....perhaps she put too much food on her plate and got full faster than she anticipated?  I don't find it odd that she didn't clean her plate....but I wasn't raised in a clean plate house (hubby was!).  

Yeah that's how it looked to me as well.

Do they even have bunny hills in Gstaad?

I believe they do.

Blame it on her extra row of alligator teeth

index.png.73519268467a1484cc032fd0b5f1acc0.png

Beth can shamelessly promote her 'product' but I can also complain about having to see it on a show that has nothing to do with 'her' product.

Well, this is a reality TV show, and SG is a part of Bethenny's reality...

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, oakville said:

I can't believe that they were discussing anal sex at a dinner table. WTF is Sonja kissing the waiter? This is so strange even by RHONY standards.

What is saw was all the women encouraging her to do it. They were laughing, obnoxious and loud and relentless about it, especially Bethenny, she started it. Sonja looked embarrassed and kind of backed in to a corner to do it. The whole damn thing was awkward as hell. 

• Love 8
6 hours ago, Former Nun said:

SkinnyGirlSnowboard.png

My snowboard is personalized. I'll now just go sit in my corner with the shame of it all.

6 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

Sadly, I have done this a few times.  Either the food tasted bad or I just couldn't finish it.  It's a sign of nothing.

I'll confess to one more thing... the reason Jules' eating habits disturbed me is because she played with her food like a cat with a mouse. Baking utensils into your food isn't funny when you're 8 and it's not funny in your thirties when you're a grown ass woman. I get the eating disorder but it doesn't take away that her sitting at a table playing with her food made me uncomfortable. It just highlighted her issues all the more. 

• Love 11

Anal sex... in Lu's defense she technically only complained about talking about anal sex at the dinner table.

i may just be reading into her comment but MMV

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Former Nun said:

Remember when I thought that some food looked REALLY REALLY good and I "piled" it on my plate, and then I tasted it.  So disappointing!  I ate what I could to be polite.  There was so much food untouched and left over that I didn't really think more about it. Then I read mean comments about myself and vowed to never eat on TV again.  

As I said later it's one of my weirdo issues. If I were Catholic, I'd call it a venial sin at best. In reality, I treat it like a seat belt fine. I can't pull you over for not wearing a seat belt. But once I've pulled you over for some other issue, I can add the fine for failing to wear a seat belt. I probably wouldn't reject a person only for wasting food unless it was cartoonish and egregious (Marie Antoinette and our pastor's wife who wasted probably $15 worth of seafood at dinner).

I'm a lot like TheFinalRose. I think Carole is talented and capable of more, but seems to not use her gifts. I suppose this is how I articulate my general disappointment with Carole. I just wish sure was using her skills better. I had read an article about how millennials couldn't tell the difference between news, opinion, PR, parody, or fake news. I think someone with Carole's skills could be extraordinary helpful in a project teaching those skills.

• Love 3
59 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

I'm a lot like TheFinalRose. I think Carole is talented and capable of more, but seems to not use her gifts. I suppose this is how I articulate my general disappointment with Carole. I just wish sure was using her skills better. I had read an article about how millennials couldn't tell the difference between news, opinion, PR, parody, or fake news. I think someone with Carole's skills could be extraordinary helpful in a project teaching those skills

But she seems pretty happy, no? She doesn't sit around all the time bemoaning her life. She doesn't like something, she changes it. She lets Adam move in and then wants her place back. She gets her place back. She isn't passive aggressive about everything. Folks may think she could do more, and should do more, but she seems to be content with her life just as it is, and the girl has suffered extreme tragedy in her life. If shooting a reality TV show for a few months a year, hanging out with her friends, and bitching about DT is how she wants to spend her time, she should have at it. Right now she is extremely focused on training for the NY Marathon, which is big for a gal who has admitted that she has never exercised on a regular basis. A 53 year old woman deciding that she wants to give this a try is a big deal, IMO. She should do what makes her happy, and if she isn't happy, she should change things. If she is, carry on. 

• Love 18

If Carole is satisfied with her life, good for her.

Is she really that talented of a writer? God only knows.

She is mostly harmless and if she bagged George Clooney, good for her.

i still think he likes the salami, but whatever.

1 hour ago, motorcitymom65 said:

But she seems pretty happy, no? She doesn't sit around all the time bemoaning her life. She doesn't like something, she changes it. She lets Adam move in and then wants her place back. She gets her place back. She isn't passive aggressive about everything. Folks may think she could do more, and should do more, but she seems to be content with her life just as it is, and the girl has suffered extreme tragedy in her life. If shooting a reality TV show for a few months a year, hanging out with her friends, and bitching about DT is how she wants to spend her time, she should have at it. Right now she is extremely focused on training for the NY Marathon, which is big for a gal who has admitted that she has never exercised on a regular basis. A 53 year old woman deciding that she wants to give this a try is a big deal, IMO. She should do what makes her happy, and if she isn't happy, she should change things. If she is, carry on. 

I agree.  I'm in my 50's, no longer work, and spend lots of days caring for my little grandchildren.  It's what I want to do at this stage in my life.  My DH still works, and he's happy with what I'm doing.  Honestly, like Carole, I don't care what others think I should be doing at this stage in my life.  I'm doing what I want, and everyone deserves that opportunity.

• Love 19
59 minutes ago, BBHN said:

If only! But no, George doesn't pray at our Church.

He can come worship at my church whenever. I'm right over here, waiting.

I like Carole. As long as Carole is happy then I think she is living a good life and don't consider it wasted. 

• Love 8

Game recognizes game.

Anal sex... in Lu's defense she technically only complained about talking about anal sex at the dinner table.

i may just be reading into her comment but MMV

Agreed.  It was time & place.  Luann has often willingly been involved in other discussions about sex.  Remember her "don't be all, like, uncool" to Heather's pearl clutching about boys in the room?  I was a little shocked by anal sex being the opening salvo to the suggested truth or dare game.  I mean, weren't they still on the salad course?  Drink a little wine (or Tito's), finish your dinner, dismiss those poor chefs, then more on to more salacious discussion topics.

It's not like she stormed away from the table ala Romana with Alex's boudoir photos...

Beth can shamelessly promote her 'product' but I can also complain about having to see it on a show that has nothing to do with 'her' product.  Sigh.

Yes, so much yes.  Especially when the placement feels hella awkward.  

• Love 5
22 hours ago, eurekagirl mOo said:

Maybe Bethanny has furry boots and a hat on in the house because she was cold? If I'm cold I'll wear anything to get WARM. And really, there's no skin on her bones to keep her warm.

If I made the big bucks she did off SG I'd have that logo everywhere also! That's a great form of advertising. I have a ton of branded stuff in my office from companies. 

bethenny-frankel-snowboarding-on-her-hol

Go Bethenny!

Luann is known for wearing her hideous Evine outfits along with the hubcab necklaces. It is not Bethenny's fault that she only has a few pieces in her collection

Throwback

2016-06-09-rhony-06.jpg

• Love 9
(edited)
11 hours ago, Former Nun said:

When she was 30 years old, Ramona's father loaned her $70k so she could start RMS Fashions, Inc. The company bought excess inventory from retailers and sold it to discount stores: TG Maxx, Marshall's, etc..   The loan? "I paid him back, in full, with interest, within a month," Ramona told Woman Around Town in 2010.

Mrs.  I did everything on my own got a 70k loan from her father,  okay.  ....

11 hours ago, Former Nun said:

SkinnyGirlSnowboard.png

Eh. I think they all resent her success to some extent,  ... Which is human, and resent being a part of her promotions. Again human,  but you can bet they'd all scream if she complained half as much when they pulled their schemes out.  Ramona dissing Bethany's wine was petty, but Ramona is nothing if not petty. 

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 12
19 hours ago, sasha206 said:

I want to feel sympathetic for Tinsley, but she does annoy the hell out of me.  She seems like she's in stunted adolescence.  I know she's aware her bio clock is ticking, but she seems to be more vapid and boy crazy than my 15 year old.

She was the same on her Reality Show "High Society"

It was all about her signature look, frills and lace, fluffy, the curls. She was separated with Topper, hence the "boy crazy" mode.

She's doing the same on RHNY, acting like she never got to date.

When she moves into her hotel next week - I am expecting to see posters of Boy Bands on her walls

• Love 12
48 minutes ago, diadochokinesis said:

He can come worship at my church whenever. I'm right over here, waiting.

I like Carole. As long as Carole is happy then I think she is living a good life and don't consider it wasted. 

I guess I'm flip flopping here. You make a good point about Carole. 

I didn't like her the first. I felt like she thought she was above everyone, or Like a try-hard, she seemed very disingenuous to me. I also for some reason really like Luann, warts and all, so Carole comeing out swinging at Luann probably added to that. I realized this season I haven't felt and annoyance or dislike for her, and actually kind of like her. I like how she sits and watches a sh*t show unfold, and laughs. I'm normally uncomfortable around arguing, I should sit back and enjoy the show.

I just realized I didn't watch last season and have no idea who Jules is. I can't believe I have been watching Housewives so long they all blend together. What have I done with my life!

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Cheetosandchoc said:

I guess I'm flip flopping here. You make a good point about Carole. 

I didn't like her the first. I felt like she thought she was above everyone, or Like a try-hard, she seemed very disingenuous to me. I also for some reason really like Luann, warts and all, so Carole comeing out swinging at Luann probably added to that. I realized this season I haven't felt and annoyance or dislike for her, and actually kind of like her. I like how she sits and watches a sh*t show unfold, and laughs. I'm normally uncomfortable around arguing, I should sit back and enjoy the show.

I just realized I didn't watch last season and have no idea who Jules is. I can't believe I have been watching Housewives so long they all blend together. What have I done with my life!

I missed last season and had to go back and watch it.  It was a good one. 

I think Carole is just kinda aloof sometimes. She is very comfortable in her own skin and doing her own thing. It unnerves some people because they just don't get people who don't really care whether or not people like them. She'll (justifiably) get upset at Aviva making accusations about her memoir because that was very personal to her. But she enjoys watching the craziness and doesn't seem to get easily ruffled. I also think she is one of those sweet and loyal friends to those that she really genuinely likes. You see it with her support of Bethenny and reserving the good room for Dorinda.

• Love 8
13 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Mrs.  I did everything on my own got a 70k loan from her father,  okay.  ....

Eh. I think they all resent her success to some extent,  ... Which is human, 

Good point about Ramona, I do think it's still impressive. I may not like her much but I will give her credit where credit is due. Even when people's business ideas fail, I have to give credit for trying (as long as nobody got screwed over) it's not so easy running a business. I think the process of having an idea, and working through the steps to get it running, and taking a risk is nothing to scoff at. Many of my family members have been entrepreneurs. Some successful, some not so much. 

• Love 6
42 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

bethenny-frankel-snowboarding-on-her-hol

Go Bethenny!

Luann is known for wearing her hideous Evine outfits along with the hubcab necklaces. It is not Bethenny's fault that she only has a few pieces in her collection

Throwback

2016-06-09-rhony-06.jpg

Gah, that dress is so Sears' Traditions Collection.

The statement necklace I never get -- what is the statement? I'm a huge fan of plastic?  I am hiding a goiter? 

• Love 16
13 hours ago, WireWrap said:

She made a big enough stink about Jules so they wouldn't be looking at her.

• Love 12
19 minutes ago, Jel said:

The statement necklace I never get -- what is the statement? I'm a huge fan of plastic?  I am hiding a goiter? 

The worst dress of hers though was that green metallic stretch nightmare that she wore during the reunion show. The same one where Sonja wore a dress from her collection. 

• Love 9
13 hours ago, bagger said:

I could watch B snowboard and Lu ski all day long. They seemed so graceful on the slopes and so at ease. Tinsley did too but it was hard to watch her as Ramona keeps yelling at her not to get too close.

i did enjoy the panic in ramona's voice. It's the Sadist in me I guess.

Didn't she get physical with Kristen while in the paddle boat because she splashed her 2 seasons ago??  She threw a plastic wine glass that cut her?  The details are escaping me! 

I was waiting for her to throw a ski pole at Tinsley!!  

• Love 3

Well, shit. I am very thin, around 110 lbs. Sometimes I don't eat everything on my plate. I had no idea I was a narcissist/have an eating disorder/wasteful/selfish. 

I really need to examine my life. This whole time, I thought I was just full or didn't like the food. 

• Love 20
3 hours ago, LIMOM said:

i still think he likes the salami, but whatever.

Many many years ago a gay friend of mine witnessed a guy fest hosted by George at an expensive but discreet hotel (pool side) in L.A.

I had forgotten about it until I read this thread.

47 minutes ago, Jel said:

Heck, it looks like a really bad attempt at a homemade job.

• Love 5
23 minutes ago, CatMomma said:

Well, shit. I am very thin, around 110 lbs. Sometimes I don't eat everything on my plate. I had no idea I was a narcissist/have an eating disorder/wasteful/selfish. 

I really need to examine my life. This whole time, I thought I was just full or didn't like the food. 

I have friends who are very thin and get comments all the time when they eat. If they eat a lot people make a big deal of it, and if they don't eat a lot they get flack too. I did make a joke about Carole chewing with her mouth open because she isn't used to eating. I was just adding to the snark. In real life I don't judge others eating habits, and wasn't really judging her. I know Carole eats because she always chews with her mouth open! I did notice she wasn't very interested in food at China Town. There are some people who just are not crazy about food! 

If my rambling is not clear, I did not mean to make you uncomfortable or try to offend you. 

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, Cherrio said:

Many many years ago a gay friend of mine witnessed a guy fest hosted by George at an expensive but discreet hotel (pool side) in L.A.

And the whole Rande Gerber thing -- be funny if Clooney slept with her as a beard ("He must be straight!")  but she was so discreet, it never landed ; ) 

Edited by film noire
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Cheetosandchoc said:

I have friends who are very thin and get comments all the time when they eat. If they eat a lot people make a big deal of it, and if they don't eat a lot they get flack too. I did make a joke about Carole chewing with her mouth open because she isn't used to eating. I was just adding to the snark. In real life I don't judge others eating habits, and wasn't really judging her. I know Carole eats because she always chews with her mouth open! I did notice she wasn't very interested in food at China Town. There are some people who just are not crazy about food! 

If my rambling is not clear, I did not mean to make you uncomfortable or try to offend you. 

Not uncomfortable at all! I know exactly what your friend goes through. Eat a lot..eating disorder. Don't eat..eating disorder.  It gets hard to laugh off after a while. 

Unlike Carol, I love food. Will try anything. And, I have probably been guilty of talking while eating. 

• Love 4
(edited)

And this is how unsubstantiated rumors become fact...

"It's hard to watch Carole eat!" 

I have no problems with that.

Unlike Carol, I love food

I like Carole, but yeah, she does tend to stick with basics and junk food. The munchie kind it seems, mostly ;)

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 1