Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: St. Simon Says

• Start Topic

The gang heads to St. Simons Island, Ga., for the weekend; Hannah challenges Louis to throw a party; Ashley breaks down; Louis faces some hard truths; back in Savannah, Lyle and Catherine hit their stride; Daniel contemplates his future.

Yawn...

Plastic Ashley continues to weep and create random drama at a gathering yet again. UnHappy remains unhappy and Bitchy Hannah remains bitchy. Balding Lyle and Drunk Catherine obliviously eat pizza---Vinny-A-GoGo's is where the local Savannah drunks go to sober up, coincidentally. Sock King has a forgettable manly-man chat in a random bar. Gay Nelson manages to priss along without offending anyone anywhere, least of all Hairy Daniel. Grown adults excitedly play cornhole and obnoxiously poke holes in beer cans and greedily drink the spewing beer like college kids.

Farewell soon, pointless show. Goodbye hopefully forever, unlikable cast.

My eternal apologies to Savannah, GA for this shitfest.

• Like 1
  • Love 14

I swear I cannot get into this show (and I really want to like it because its right after Southern Charm).  I was just waiting around for the guy (Nelson? or .....) to say "Haile Damn Noe!".  The commercial they played over and over for that cracked me up.  I walked around for a week shouting that in response to whatever anyone asked me.

The blond chick with the short hair and big shiny forehead grates.  I just want to powder her face.  The entire cast is so unmemorable I didn't even try to remember names.  I just have this show on for background noise.  There is no way this show could be renewed for next season could it?  

• Love 2

(small voice)....I kinda like Catherine now (still think she's a closet drunk though).

All in all this was a shitfest.  I still don't believe anyone except the guys actually know each other (not including Nelson, I don't know where he came from).  They were all so uncomfortable together.  It's like no one knew anything about each others background but yet they all went to school together?  Nah.  Not buying it.

WTF with Hannah's father in the bar.  Oops, one to many drinky and it all fell out of his mouth.

• Love 7
(edited)

Ashley just thrives in misery, doesn't she, and woe unto he/she who tries to assuage that misery.

If I tried shotgunning a beer this many years removed from college I'm pretty sure I'd put an eye out, although (little voice), I still like corn-hole.....

Edited by bosawks
  • Love 4

Does Ashley's son watch this show?  It seems like she is all concerned about a divorce affecting him, yet she's put it all out there on this show for any viewer to see.  He's going to know sooner or later.

• Love 3

Louis should have talked to Hannah about her father's revelation.  He has to know that production is everywhere and would greedily pick up on that.  So when is Hannah going to find out that her father was never in love with her mother?  Last night when the show aired?  I certainly hope that Louis talked to her when the cameras weren't rolling.  It would be far better to receive that news from someone you love. 

• Love 5

I'll never be able to unsee that closeup of Ashley obliviously vomiting all over herself while laying on someone else's sofa.  That's the opposite of Southern Charm, as is this entire Savannah season.  I had high hopes, I love Savannah, but these people are somehow both awful AND boring.

• Love 10
19 hours ago, Sun-Bun said:

Yawn...

Plastic Ashley continues to weep and create random drama at a gathering yet again. UnHappy remains unhappy and Bitchy Hannah remains bitchy. Balding Lyle and Drunk Catherine obliviously eat pizza---Vinny-A-GoGo's is where the local Savannah drunks go to sober up, coincidentally. Sock King has a forgettable manly-man chat in a random bar. Gay Nelson manages to priss along without offending anyone anywhere, least of all Hairy Daniel. Grown adults excitedly play cornhole and obnoxiously poke holes in beer cans and greedily drink the spewing beer like college kids.

Farewell soon, pointless show. Goodbye hopefully forever, unlikable cast.

My eternal apologies to Savannah, GA for this shitfest.

This is clearly all I need to know.  I didn't watch last night and I didn't watch last week.  Both epis are sitting on my DVR.  I may just delete.  This show makes The Real Housewives of Dallas scintillating and fascinating by comparison.

• Love 2

How.....old.....ARE.........these........people?     Seriously.

Please, show, just go away.   And on a superficial note....never have seen so many restaurants serving drinks out of plastic cups. If this is southern hospitality, give me the northeast any time. Is this unique to Savannah? Even the cheapest pizza parlors around here give you a real glass.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, bioprof said:

How.....old.....ARE.........these........people?     Seriously.

Please, show, just go away.   And on a superficial note....never have seen so many restaurants serving drinks out of plastic cups. If this is southern hospitality, give me the northeast any time. Is this unique to Savannah? Even the cheapest pizza parlors around here give you a real glass.

Those are Savannah to go cups.  You can walk the streets of the historic district, drink in hand as long as it's in a plastic cup.  Take your drink with you as you make your way to the next bar.  I believe New Orleans is ths only other US city where this is permitted.

• Love 8
(edited)

Hannah's dad divorces her mom then remarries a much younger woman and gets the beach house in the divorce, yet he still has to be an A-hole and proclaim over and over again he was NEVER in love with his wife of so many years.  Disgusting.  Why were his khaki shorts just cut off khakis?  Ew.

Does Ashley not understand that swimwear is different than negligee wear?  

Nelson trying to fit into the bar scene was just awkward as hell. 

Edited by PickleDeeDee
spelling
  • Love 8

And really - Ashley's whole "fashion designer" schtick is such bullshit - call me when you're a Project Runway contestant, sweetie, let alone a finalist.   If her wardrobe is any indication of her fashion sense?  Run fast, run far, Hannah.

And Nelson, for a guy who mentions as much as possible how heterosexual he is and that he has a girlfriend, have we EVER seen her?  Where can we find her?  Tangiers?  The JC Penney catalog?

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, Carolina Girl said:

he has a girlfriend, have we EVER seen her?  

Yes, she's blond I forget her name but she was at Catherine's party for Lyle and I believe Hannah's party for Louis. I don't think she has actually said a word but she was captioned as his girlfriend.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Carolina Girl said:

And Nelson, for a guy who mentions as much as possible how heterosexual he is and that he has a girlfriend, have we EVER seen her?  Where can we find her?

Sharing an apartment with Whitney's girl?

Hannah's dad - Holey hell, that was some admission.  I don't condemn him for it, except he should have told Hannah, because I know quite a few people who went through with a wedding when they knew it was wrong.  I liked how Hannah was saying to her dad that she measures the sock guy against him and can't get over how he does not.  You could just see that her dad wanted to say something about how love is more important than how he ran the family.  Sure he might have had all the ducks in a row, paid the bills, was responsible.....................but perhaps it was his way of getting around the fact that he did not love his wife.

Ashley - I am sick of her and her whining about her marriage.  GET OUT!  So you move down the street?  The kid would be better off with parents that are whole people and not two people pretending.

• Love 6

Oh I forgot to mention the scene of blackout drunk Ashley barfing all over herself on Hannah's dad's sofa. Classy broad, that gal---I don't even think we've seen the "Vanderpump Rules" cast members puke on themselves yet.

• Love 6
(edited)
On 6/20/2017 at 11:00 PM, biakbiak said:

I legit have never met anyone not from Western Washington who has even heard of pickleball much less played it. Next time I visit Savannah I should bring my pickleball rackets!

We played it in my high school gym class in Wisconsin! It was a lot of fun. Hadn't thought of it again until this episode, though. Weirdly, the closed captions called it "pick-a-ball." Maybe that's an alternate name? 

That scene of Hannah's dad in the bar was one of the most uncomfortable things I've ever seen on TV. Louis handled it about as well as he could have. Poor Hannah. Poor Hannah's mom. 

I'm surprised by how much I've grown to like Catherine, who initially seemed snobby but has shown herself to be genuine and fun, and dislike Happy, who initially seemed sweet but has shown herself to be judgmental and joyless. And if you took a shot every time she says "like," you'd be puking faster than Ashley.  

Edited by Panda Bear
  • Love 1
On 6/21/2017 at 10:29 AM, biakbiak said:

Yes, she's blond I forget her name but she was at Catherine's party for Lyle and I believe Hannah's party for Louis. I don't think she has actually said a word but she was captioned as his girlfriend.

I'm sure that's really Nelson's friend. Not girlfriend. No matter what the caption or Nelson says. 

• Love 2

Sad, sad show. I'm a "Bravo Bitch" so I've faithfully watched every one but DAM this is the best they could do???? The RHOD look like Rhodes scholars next to these nitwits. And shiny faced lady? It's call POWDER. Try it....and get a dam divorce and quit whining! Also, buy a bathing suit---Your undies are NOT a bathing suit. 

• Love 8

I'm over it too.... most definitely over Ashley - she had such potential to make this show something fun to watch and she turned out to be a raving debbie downer who thinks she's the victim in everything.  She's the only one that seemed to have anything interesting going on.  

• Love 4

Shotgunning a beer was SO cool in my circle when we were 17-year-old juvenile delinquents. As was tearing off your outer clothes and jumping into each and every puddle of water you came across.

At 32? (Or 47 in Ashley's case?) Well, just bless your damn heart.

• Love 6
On 6/21/2017 at 11:29 PM, Sun-Bun said:

Oh I forgot to mention the scene of blackout drunk Ashley barfing all over herself on Hannah's dad's sofa. Classy broad, that gal---I don't even think we've seen the "Vanderpump Rules" cast members puke on themselves yet.

but we've heard about stassi pooping herself!

• Love 1
On 6/21/2017 at 0:00 AM, biakbiak said:

I legit have never met anyone not from Western Washington who has even heard of pickleball much less played it. Next time I visit Savannah I should bring my pickleball rackets!

OMG, my friend and I are obsessed with pickleball! We played it in gym class growing up up north and there seems to be quite the thriving community of players in NC. Most people that grew up around here have never heard of it!

I randomly tuned into this episode - these people suck.

On 6/21/2017 at 11:29 PM, Sun-Bun said:

After watching Shep's continual drunken stupor on the Southern Charm finale last night, it seems as if these two should get together.  

• Love 2
On 6/20/2017 at 9:00 PM, biakbiak said:

I live in Seattle and have played!  Of course it was in high school/middle school and in Portland…but I know it a bit. :)

• Love 1
On 6/20/2017 at 11:00 PM, biakbiak said:

We play it here in LA...lower Alabama that is ;) 

On 6/20/2017 at 11:31 PM, ProudMary said:

Those are Savannah to go cups.  You can walk the streets of the historic district, drink in hand as long as it's in a plastic cup.  Take your drink with you as you make your way to the next bar.  I believe New Orleans is ths only other US city where this is permitted.

It is allowed here in Mobile,AL in the downtown entertainment district also. You can also have cans during Mardi Gras season. 

• Love 1

We went to visit some friends in Louisiana across the river from Vicksburg, MS. There was a liquor store we used to stop at that had a drive-thru drink window. You could shop in the store and then drive around to get a drink "for the road". We couldn't believe that and we never did it. Drinking and driving is never ok with us but there was always a line to the drive thru. This was back in the 1990's so I don't know if it's still in business but we still talk about it. 

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

We went to visit some friends in Louisiana across the river from Vicksburg, MS. There was a liquor store we used to stop at that had a drive-thru drink window. You could shop in the store and then drive around to get a drink "for the road". We couldn't believe that and we never did it. Drinking and driving is never ok with us but there was always a line to the drive thru. This was back in the 1990's so I don't know if it's still in business but we still talk about it. 

Oh yes, the business is still kicking. In fact, has added more locations over the years, all still in LA. Louisiana this time, not Lower Alabama LOL 

Their loophole is handing you the huge styrofoam cups WITHOUT the straw in the hole. This way they didn't give you 'direct access' to drink the beverage while driving. I love our, oftentimes, circuitous Southern logic in this case. My hubby doesn't drink so I can feel free to drink away while we are traveling. Kudos to you and yours for being responsible too with the delicious frosty concoctions! 

And good for you for drinking while your hubby is driving. I'd totally forgotten "the straw" excuse! That always made us laugh. Anyway, good memories with our old Army buddies/wives after we all retired. Sad to say, we were some of the few who visited that liquor store without getting a "to do" drink. One of our old friends had a car wreck on the way to our friends' house and killed himself. That tore all of us up for a long time. Please, people, do not drink and drive!!

• Love 1