Type keyword(s) to search

S36: Rumors and Spoilers

• Start Topic

Something else I noticed in the preview is I think Wendell? Saying "It's the stupidest move you can make in the game, I'm not going to make the same mistake." 

So I think its safe to say Wendell is one of the people on ghost island making these choices so until he goes to Ghost Island I would assume he is safe.

I will check in and see what you all have to say about the spoilers, but I am signing off the show until it's Survivor again. Two straight seasons where advantages and HII were all that mattered. Throw in a sob story, and it was just useless. After Cirie, I gave them a season to redeem themselves. They only got worse, and this "theme" looks even worse. Someone PM me if it gets good again. :) 

• Love 3

All this ghost stuff and past mistakes, etc., makes me think this is a Christmas Carol Survivor: the ghost(s) of Survivor past, then there's the ghosts Survivor present, then Survivor future - maybe on Ghost Island there will be a cemetery where each castaway has a tombstone with his or her name on it? They could have Cochran dressed up in a long hooded robe with outstretched arm pointing at the tombstone with the Ghost Island exile's name on it.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

They could have Cochran dressed up in a long hooded robe with outstretched arm pointing at the tombstone with the Ghost Island exile's name on it.

2 hours ago, Special K said:

This would be awesome.

It would minimize Production’s makeup expense, at least.  :>

• Love 2

Some very early news about seasons 37 and 38 courtesy of Redmond.

Martin Holmes‏Verified account @RedmondSurvivor 1h1 hour ago

"Returnees for Season 38? A couple of months ago Inside Survivor reported that casting for the next cycle of Survivor seasons was underway and that it seemed as if production were planning for two newbie editions for both seasons 37 and 38. It looks like that has now changed!

Casting for 37 started back in September 2017 and that season still appears to be newbies. At least three rounds of casting finals took place in LA between September and December. Various Survivor casting agents had also posted on social media during this time requesting specific types such as "Attractive, single, red-headed females" and "Captain America-type males." The casting process for this season is believed to be over and the cast close to being finalized. The season is scheduled to begin filming in Fiji at the start of April, with the cast flying out towards the end of March as usual.

Now, this is where things get a little confusing. Season 38 also looked to be newbies initially, with more rounds of finals scheduled in LA between January and April. But within the past couple of weeks casting has started contacting former players. It's believed these past players are wanted for season 38. Based on previous returnee seasons, January is usually the time casting make preliminary calls to gauge who is interested in returning. Although, it is rumored that some of the past players have aldready been invited to LA later this month.

It's still early days, and so it isn't yet clear if the plan is for a full-returnee season for 38 or if there is a chance of a newbie and returnee mix. If it is a mixed season, then it would make sense why casting was still accepting and asking for applicants. Although, as we know, plans change on a dime in Survivor, and it could very well be that newbies have been scrapped entirely in favor of returnees.

Season 38 is scheduled to begin filming at the start of June. There is currently no information on proposed themes for either season.

Stick with Inside Survivor for further updates in the coming weeks!"

Edited by LanceM
(edited)

Jeff was talking a lot about SC in some of his interviews for S35.  He was mentioning quite a few pre jurors he wanted back.  Kind of made me wonder if another fan voted season was on horizon.  Still, I wonder if they will do a returnees season for S40 too?  Not that they’ve spaced out those seasons before, but I did like the days when they use to.  They’ve done some many returning player seasons in some form it just seems like overkill.  Especially when it’s all recent seasons.  I don’t care to see 6 people from MvsGX and 5 from HvsHvsH and 5 from this upcoming season, and the rest just a mix of post S30 players.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1

"Attractive, single, red-headed females and Captain America-type males," which I take to mean "muscular, blond, and blue-eyed"?  Why such specific types, and ONLY those specific types?  It makes me wonder what the theme for Season 37 is going to be.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, legaleagle53 said:

"Attractive, single, red-headed females and Captain America-type males," which I take to mean "muscular, blond, and blue-eyed"?  Why such specific types, and ONLY those specific types?  It makes me wonder what the theme for Season 37 is going to be.

Aryan Brotherhood.

• Love 11
16 hours ago, Nashville said:
19 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

They could have Cochran dressed up in a long hooded robe with outstretched arm pointing at the tombstone with the Ghost Island exile's name on it.

19 hours ago, Special K said:

This would be awesome.

It would minimize Production’s makeup expense, at least.  :>

If they wanted bony, surely Ryan would be at the top of that list?

• Love 1
On 1/10/2018 at 7:51 AM, Lamb18 said:

All this ghost stuff and past mistakes, etc., makes me think this is a Christmas Carol Survivor:

While a fun idea, it's not great for an even-numbered (or Spring/Summer season).  For an odd-numbered one (Fall/Winter...one that actually airs near Christmas), yes.  But not for this season.

On 1/10/2018 at 9:07 PM, legaleagle53 said:

Marvel vs DC.

• Love 3

That article is a little click-baity.  I poured through the list, and it looks to me like only 16 of the 82 items listed would seem to fit the theme of the "cursed items".  The rest would seem to be just decor.  Here's a breakdown:

To start with, there is nothing from the first season.  You'd think that the season that started the curses would have some form of representation, but there's not.  That seems like an oversight.

34 torch snuffers; representing all seasons except Borneo.  (I guess Peachy thought that one "too valuable" to loan them, or it was the only one he didn't keep for some reason).  And for 10 seasons, this is the only representative item (Africa, Marquesas, Thailand, Pearl Islands, Vanuatu, Palau, Fiji, Samoa, Redemption Island, and HvV (meaning no appearance by JT's letter.))

16 Tribal Immunity Idols; representing 13 seasons (Amazon, All Stars, Guatemala, Cook Islands, China, FvF, Gabon, Tocantins, Caramoan (FvF2), BvW, Cagayan, Second Chance, Kaoh Rong).  3 seasons (All Stars, Cagayan, and Kaoh Rong) had 3 tribes to start, so they had 2 Idols, both of which will show up on GI.   

13 Immunity Necklaces; representing Australia, Guatemala, Exile Island, Cook Islands, Gabon, Tocantins, Nicaragua, South  Pacific, One World, Philippines, Cagayan, Second Chance, and Kaoh Rong.  This number might be off by one, but that's to come.

3 Voting Urns (for some reason); representing Australia, Cagayan, and Game Changers.

Removing those seemingly decorative items leaves only 16 items of actual interest; the "cursed items".

7 of them are idols that were never played.  Two of them come from Kaoh Rong.  The one that went home in Scot's pocket, and the one Tai could have given him to form a SuperIdol.  (Neal's that left in his medevac is not in play).  The rest are:

• One of James' idols from China (just one.  No need for both, I guess.)
  • Andrea's from Caramoan
  • Jon's from BvW2 (SJDS)
  • JT's from Game Changers
  • Lauren's (and Dr. Mike's, I'd add) from HvHvH

Both Ozzy's Fake Idol (the "f-ing stick") and David's Fake Idol (the one Jay found and played) from MvGX will be also available.  Not sure if the curse will give them the power of immunity or not....

There's also six different "advantages":

• Malcolm's Challenge Advantage from the Phillipenes F4 (the do-over on an endurance challenge that did him no good as he failed first both times.)
  • Dan's Second Vote from Worlds Apart (the one he cast that was nullified by Carolyn's idol, sending him home instead)
  • Fishbach's Vote Steal from Second Chances (stealing Joe's vote in an attempt to vote him out, but since the votes were split (including both of his), Fishbach got bounced out instead)
  • Sarah's (non-transferable) Vote Steal from Game Changers
  • The Legacy Advantage from Game Changes
  • Lauren's Saved Vote from HvHvH

Which leaves one final item.  The Immunity Necklace from FvF.   AKA Reichenbach's Folly.  I assume that this necklace is on the cursed list instead of the decorative list above.  I mean, it has to be.  It's still near the top of the list of Dumbest Survivor Moves Ever.

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Wow. Yea, I don't know how I'm gonna make it through this season.

I'm wondering if they got together after the fact, but Jenna/Sebastian sound like they've been together since they've been home .  Of course these 'super fans' might know how to troll the online community, so we'll see.  But there've been photos of them together and Jenna made some comment on social media about her "mer-man" (that's one of Sebastian's SM names).  Regardless, I wouldn't be surprised if these do, in fact happen on the show.  The other showmance is rumored to be Michael/Libby.  We're getting more like Big Brother every day!  Just wait, next season we'll have idols, advantages, showmances, and someone will have it rigged for them to get 3 weeks of safety.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Wow. Yea, I don't know how I'm gonna make it through this season.

Me neither.  The quote upthread from JP about this season having attitude and it being mostly mactorsplus showmances really does sound like BB.  I have a  low tolerance for ignorant that thinks its smart

because its young and pretty and are really just acting on immediate emotion, not actual thinking.  I mean sure thats sort of what being young is but there are plenty of young people out there that are amazing. 

Dare I be hopeful?  Or will it it be too painful?  

• Love 1

There are actually very few (if any) mactors on this season. As far as showmances go they usually don't bother me too much unless the people doing the showmancing are annoying about it (i.e. Taylor and Figgy)

14 hours ago, LanceM said:

There are actually very few (if any) mactors on this season. As far as showmances go they usually don't bother me too much unless the people doing the showmancing are annoying about it (i.e. Taylor and Figgy)

There are 4 (incl the former cheerleader) actor/mactors.  Sometimes the work titles are a little misleading.  The one from Michigan that lives in Venice California, she may be working but she looks like a wannabe mactor (I didn't incl her in the count).  She also looks 40 and she is only 23?.    I hate Morgan Ricke right off the bat.  I'm overlooking the 43 year olds weirdly coy picture and rooting for her basd on veterans status, age, gender and living in the Midwest.  

Edited by marys1000
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, marys1000 said:

Less than 10 days and no spoilers.  I sort of hate newbie seasons sometimes, just a little bit. 

From what I've seen in vidcaps:

Jacob is the first person go to Ghost Island

All of Naviti is safe since Jacob is on Ghost Island since that means they won Immunity.

So from Maolo :

Stephanie J seen in future challenge

James seen in a future challenge

Jacob on GI

Libby future challenge

Jenna future challenge

So that means its one of:
Brendan Donathan Laurel Michael Gonzalez

I would be outright shocked if it was Brandan Donathan or Michael as they seem to be getting alot of talk/praise on social media.

So we are down to Laurel or Gonzalez as the first boot.

Edited by anthonyd46
  • Love 2

So apparently the Hollywood Reporter released the first 4 minutes of the new season today and when they were showing clips of some of the players it showed both Chelsea and Kellyn wearing the opposite tribes buff meaning those two made the swap. Stephanie Johnson was also seen in the clip with Kellyn.  The only question is when this swap occurs but those three are definitely safe for the first two boots on Wednesday night.

Please note I did not see this clip which was apparently taken down so I am only reporting on what I read on reddit.

10 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

If it comes down to Laurel or Gonzalez as a first boot, I'm going with Gonzalez only because I like her better than Laurel, and I won't get that lucky to see Laurel go first.

Two women being the choice for first boot? SHOCKER! 

• Love 2
On 2/10/2018 at 10:07 AM, LadyChatts said:

I'm wondering if they got together after the fact, but Jenna/Sebastian sound like they've been together since they've been home .  Of course these 'super fans' might know how to troll the online community, so we'll see.  But there've been photos of them together and Jenna made some comment on social media about her "mer-man" (that's one of Sebastian's SM names).  Regardless, I wouldn't be surprised if these do, in fact happen on the show.  The other showmance is rumored to be Michael/Libby.  We're getting more like Big Brother every day!  Just wait, next season we'll have idols, advantages, showmances, and someone will have it rigged for them to get 3 weeks of safety.

Micheal and Libby did vote together as only votes for James. Maybe it's a subtle start of Showmance. Great my eye candy has to be in a Showmances with an alpha male 

• Love 2

So every season Boston Rob buys buffs for his kids and based on the fact there are 4 different color buffs it looks like we are splitting into three tribes next week. (the 4th colored buff being the merged tribe) 

• Love 4
9 hours ago, LanceM said:

So every season Boston Rob buys buffs for his kids and based on the fact there are 4 different color buffs it looks like we are splitting into three tribes next week. (the 4th colored buff being the merged tribe) 

Good find and oh crap.  I just posted that I love going back to two teams.  Green tribe will have to build a new camp.  I hate that too!  

• Love 1

It was Morgan but on reddit they're saying it's an editing trick and she's not actually on GI in that shot, she's on the regular beach. I just watched and I can't tell either way, there are a bunch of random jungle-y looking trees around her. Jeff says something about Ghost Island and then Morgan goes "I am freaking out" so we're meant to assume she's either there or headed there, but that quote could be about anything.

• Love 1

Above I posted the breakdown of the "cursed items" on Ghost Island, which number 15 (or 16, depending).  I think this is the appropriate place to track where they are.

1. One of James' idols from China
  2. Tai's Super Idol half from Kaoh Rong
  3. Kevin/Scot's Super Idol half from Kaoh Rong
  4. Andrea's pocket idol from Caramoan [Became the purple tribe's HII; Currently in Dominic's possession.]
  5. Jon's pocket idol from BvW2 (SJDS)
  6. JT's pocket idol from Game Changers
  7. The burnt Shell idol from HvHvH
  8. Ozzy's Fake Idol (the "f-ing stick") from FvF
  9. David's Fake Idol (the one Jay found and played) from MvGX
  10. Malcolm's Challenge Advantage from the Philippines F4
  11. Dan's Second Vote from Worlds Apart
  12. Fishbach's Vote Steal from Second Chances
  13. Sarah's (non-transferable) Vote Steal from Game Changers
  14. The Legacy Advantage from Game Changers [Found by Jacob; willed to Morgan and thus "reactivated"]
  15. Lauren's Saved Vote from HvHvH
  16. The Immunity Necklace from FvF* (possibly not an item, but the promotional flashbacks keep including Erik.)

Based on Dominic's find, it's incredibly likely that at least 3 of the other "pocket idols" will also be HIIs; one for the orange tribe, one for the soon-to-be green tribe, and one for the merged tribe.  But based on size, I doubt James' idol will be one of them.  Everything else will appear on GI proper.

• Love 4
(edited)

So posters at both Sucks and Clubs that Suck believe they are swapping into two tribes next week, and the three tribe swap must be coming later.  The rumored tribes are (and I bolded who is staying with their original tribe):

NuMalolo: Chelsea, Stephanie, Kellyn, Desiree, Sebastian, Brendan, Bradley, and Michael.

NuNaviti: Chris, Donathan, Morgan, Wendell, Domenick.

Unknown are Laurel, Libby, Jenna, Angela, and James.  We will see if this is true!  We'll see if they post a sneak peek of the IC with the dream team and whether there's three tribe set up.

https://youtu.be/eoshu9GaNLc

https://youtu.be/joaHPpG8Fdo

The first clip is a sneak peek of the tribes learning they are swapping.  The second is a preview, and it looks like Brendan/Michael might have found their tribe's idol.  

Also, I see Jay and his fake idol brought up in previews for this season.  Is a fake idol really a curse?  I mean, anyone who had one and played it thought it was real.  Without it they were getting voted off anyway, so why is it a curse on the level of Erik and James?

Edited by LadyChatts
9 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

So posters at both Sucks and Clubs that Suck believe they are swapping into two tribes next week, and the three tribe swap must be coming later.  The rumored tribes are (and I bolded who is staying with their original tribe):

NuMalolo: Chelsea, Stephanie, Kellyn, Desiree, Sebastian, Brendan, Bradley, and Michael.

NuNaviti: Chris, Donathan, Morgan, Wendell, Domenick.

Unknown are Laurel, Libby, Jenna, Angela, and James.  We will see if this is true!  We'll see if they post a sneak peek of the IC with the dream team and whether there's three tribe set up.

https://youtu.be/eoshu9GaNLc

https://youtu.be/joaHPpG8Fdo

The first clip is a sneak peek of the tribes learning they are swapping.  The second is a preview, and it looks like Brendan/Michael might have found their tribe's idol.  

Also, I see Jay and his fake idol brought up in previews for this season.  Is a fake idol really a curse?  I mean, anyone who had one and played it thought it was real.  Without it they were getting voted off anyway, so why is it a curse on the level of Erik and James?

Of fucking course Brendan and Micheal would find their idol. Alpha males who Jeff gets a boner for and of course the rumored Micheal/Libby Showmance. Like those two guys need any more power SMH

• Love 2

Tribe swap now and 3 tribes later?  Does that seem kind of far fetched to anyone else?  They are at 18 now, go down to 17, say split at 15 for 5 people on a tribe?  

If that 2 tribe split is true I am very sad.  Bad luck for Dominick to get split up from Stephanie who would keep him for a loyalty alliance vote and put on a tribe with the two douchiest alph males Chris and Domenick.  That's like a kiss of death there.

That's just speculation, though I think some of the evidence comes from buffs in the previews/photos.  They use that buff-o-matic to try and not reveal what buff the person is wearing, but there's ways to tell what color it really is.  I don't have the patience to dissect those previews frame by frame or the photos that closely, so I'm glad some people do.  In the preview, during the quick challenge clip, Sebastian is wearing an orange buff so he definitely gets swapped.  Behind him it looks like there might only 5 people behind him, so unless we can't see the others or they're at a different part in the challenge (maybe already over the wall), so it's possible there are only 3 tribes.  There is one person in sneakers off to the side in that same shot, so maybe it is 2 tribes.  To be different, they might be doing it that way, then splitting into 3.

So going to three now would be 6 per tribe (2 3 2 ).  That would make more sense than doing 2 2 3 2 but maybe that's not what was meant anyway :)

I would prefer to leave it at 2 swap to 2 go to merge, seems like then ther are 2 tribes you don't get to know unless each tribe loses an equal number of 

challenges which never happens.  At least with 2 tribes even if one is getting pagonged you are getting to know a few more people. 

On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 10:38 AM, LadyChatts said:

Also, I see Jay and his fake idol brought up in previews for this season.  Is a fake idol really a curse?  I mean, anyone who had one and played it thought it was real

It would be funny if the show used the fake idols as real idols, especially the stick. Then if fake-looking idols are real idols, the fake idol Domenick made and hid with his real idol's papers would be an exceptional fake-out.

• Love 1

This is the screen grab they have been analyzing to determine that it is a split into two tribes as there appears to be atleast 6 people standing on the platform behind Sebastian. They have also been analyzing the sneakers to try to match up with the players.

K3vzdP6.png

(edited)

I am kind of hesitant to post this here but I can't ignore the fact that Steph G, Jacob and Morgan were the first 3 boots (even though the order were switched). If James is out next than it will be hard to ignore. Please note this was posted 3 months ago.

From Reddit:

So I've heard from a very reliable source (my best friend's sister is a PA) that this is the boot order for Season 36. She'd have no reason to lie but obviously I can't confirm 100%. It definitely makes sense to me, and adds up with all the social media interaction.

Stephy Morgan Jacob James Chelsea Laurel Angela

Chris Donathan Kellyn Libby Michael Bradley Jenna Des Brendan Wendell

F3- Sebastian, Stephanie, Domenick

Edited by LanceM
  • Love 2
(edited)

Well that'd be one way to tank this season for me.  That's a pretty crappy final 3.  

Funny how the merge order rotates between the old tribes.  I won't be shocked if James is out next, given tonight's episode.  Also no surprise that 5 women are voted out pre-merge, if that's true.

Stephanie perhaps the new Chrissy that decides to align with the guys?

Edited by LadyChatts

Sebastian would annoy me but Stephanie and Domenick are playing the game. Stephanie is playing reasonably well and Domenick is bumbling about and trying to play the game. There could be worse people in the final three.

I maintain the right to change my opinion as the season progresses.

• Love 3
(edited)

Well none of my favorites go far enough in that list.  :(
How does Sea Bass make it that far past Chris?  They are in an alliance right?  Wonder if there is a blindside there. In that list Chris going would be just pre or post merge.  I hope Donathan at least makes the Jury (and Angela). 

There was a reddit post, from a newbie (and much hooted down) showing a very blurry shot that was supposed to show that James 

was at least near the end if not F3.  Couldn't see it myself, very blurry.  Jut putting it out there.  

Merge is usually btw 11-13 people right?  Angela would be 13 in the above list and there is that interview where she said she just met Jacob leading people to theorize she makes the merge.  

Edited by marys1000