Type keyword(s) to search

S36: Rumors and Spoilers

• Start Topic

26 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

This is my worst fear.  Damn, Kellyn's going to get her way.  Naviti strong is going to ruin this season (which isn't great, but isn't terrible, and sure beats last season).  On the bright side, if she does lead a charge of Naviti strong that'll just make people hate her more.  So the final 5 is looking to possibly be Domenick, Wendell, Laurel, Donathan, and Angela.  Really hoping Kellyn doesn't make it to the final 6, and gets blindsided or idoled out sooner rather than later.  I can see where they are building to a Libby boot, and setting Michael up.  They may want to separate Seabass and Jenna, too.

So possibly it's Libby, Michael, Jenna, Des/Chelsea/Kellyn/Sebastian, I'm thinking then Angela, Donathan loses a fire tie breaker, and then Dom/Wendell/Laurel final 3.  I was going for a Dom win, but now I'm thinking Wendell's got a shot.  

The way the edit is going, it seems Dom has the more convincing winner edit with Wendell not far behind. I hope Laurel doesn't turn into the goat of the final 3. What would be cool would be if she starts making good moves and convinces the jury that she is the last Malolo standing and makes a good argument to win. 

There's still a lot of game still left to play, so it's anyone's game.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

There's a Laurel?

Laurel's the taller and less busty African-American woman.

With this episode, I've decided to reformat the list a bit.  I've broken it up into the Played items, Found items not yet played, and the Remaining items still on Ghost Island.

The Played:

• One of James' idols from China [Became Malolo's first HII; Found and played by Michael.  Curse "not broken".]
  • The Legacy Advantage from Game Changers [Found by Jacob on GI; "reactivated" when willed to Morgan; Morgan willed to Domenick.  Played by Domenick at F13.  Primary curse not broken*.]
  • JT's pocket idol from Game Changers [Merge Idol #1.  Found and "powered up" on GI by Chris.  Went home in Chris' pocket.  Curse doubled down.]

The Found

• Andrea's pocket idol from Caramoan [Became Naviti's HII; Currently in Domenick's possession.]
  • Ozzy's Fake Idol (the "f-ing stick") from FvF [Became a real HII and Malolo's second HII; Currently in Michael's possession]
  • The Immunity Necklace from FvF [Became Yanuya's HII; Currently in Wendell's possession.]
  • Sarah's Vote Steal from Game Changers [Found by Kellyn on GI.  Usable only as a second vote without a steal. Currently in Kellyn's possession.]

The Remaining

• Tai's Super Idol half from Kaoh Rong
  • Kyle/Scot's Super Idol half from Kaoh Rong
  • Jon's pocket idol from BvW2 (SJDS)
  • The burnt Shell idol from HvHvH
  • David's Fake Idol (the one Jay found and played) from MvGX
  • Malcolm's Challenge Advantage from the Philippines F4
  • Dan's Second Vote from Worlds Apart
  • Fishbach's Vote Steal from Second Chances
  • Lauren's Saved Vote from HvHvH

I noted the "primary" curse on the Legacy Advantage was not broken.  I base that off of Michael's play.  He played James' Idol for someone safe, and that didn't break its curse.  Dom was safe as well without playing the Legacy, so that curse should not be broken either.  And I said "primary" because the Legacy gained a second curse this season.  After Jacob found it, everyone that had touched the Legacy was voted out at their next TC.   Domenick broke that curse at the previous TC when Bradley went home.

Oh my god this was so beautiful. I was a bit worried that the spoilers were wrong when Chris was handed an idol but I hung on to the thought that Chris was so self absorbed that he would not play the idol and then he didn't play the idol and oh my god did I laugh.

• Love 3
59 minutes ago, Special K said:

I'd love that Final 3!

I wasn't sold on it at first but now I'm happy.  Definitely beats the final 3s of the last few seasons anyway.  I don't know much about Laurel yet, but I could live with any of those three winning (though right now my #1 is Wendell).  I cringe at the reunion that Probst is a) going to let Chris rap, and b) spend the bulk of time on Dom vs Chris.  Hopefully if option a happens he lets Wendell play music critic again.  I'm thinking Dom will win, but I still think there's a chance Wendell might sneak in there.  My concern is Wendell might be seen as more of a right hand man to Dom that didn't make any of his own moves.

I was also nervous when Chris found the idol last night that the boot list was going to be wrong, and it would be Libby going home.  Though again, that might have made it very interesting at camp next week, so I guess it wouldn't have been the end of the world.  

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

I cringe at the reunion that Probst is a) going to let Chris rap, and b) spend the bulk of time on Dom vs Chris.  Hopefully if option a happens he lets Wendell play music critic again.

Don't forget that Jeff will have to allot time to subject Donathan to some condescending country-boy-sees-the-big-world nonsense.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, TVFan1 said:

My guess it will be Libby, Michael, and Jenna, in that order.

You win !!! (bragging rights)

12th Libby - Guaranteed

11 Michael - 99% sure, slight chance Chelsea/Michael are swapped

10th - 6th (mostly sure 1-2 might be out of order):

10th Jenna

9th Sebastian

8th Chelsea

7th Kellyn

6th Des

5th Donathan - Guaranteed

4th Angela - Guaranteed

F3 Dom Laurel Wendell (Doesn't know winner)

Edited by anthonyd46
  • Love 1
(edited)

My guess: the original Malolo's start getting picked off with talk of Naviti sticking together  Dom/Wendell would most likely be at the bottom of Chelsea/Sebastian/Des/Kellyn.  They already have Donathan/Laurel, so Angela in theory would be a swing vote and she sides with Dom's group, blindsiding the other alliance and finally putting an end to Naviti strong. 

I'm just disappointed Kellyn's going to be around that long.  I do hope Michael/Chelsea are swapped.  He still has an idol, right?

Still going with Dom as winner.  If Laurel suddenly gets a positive, strategic edit then she might have a chance, but right now I think it'll be between Dom and Wendell.  I also wonder if Angela is intended to be a final 3 goat, but loses the fire tie breaker.  They wouldn't have known about that twist.

Edited by LadyChatts

Anthony, wasn't SFRL just using the Chelsea swapping with Michael as just an example of how he wasn't 100% sure of the order from 11-6? Not that those two specifically might be swapped?  That is how I read it anyway. This is the post that I saw from him (not sure if you saw something different)

"you guys have waited long enough so here goes. After Libby it goes Michael > Jenna > Sebastian > Chelsea > Kellyn > Des > Donathan > Angela with a F3 of Dominick, Wendell and Laurel. I don't know the winner. Just a heads up that F11 - 6 is not 100 percent, meaning that Chelsea could go after Libby and so forth. I'm not 100 percent certain of that order. F5 is a lock though."

Edited by LanceM
On 4/11/2018 at 10:52 PM, TVFan1 said:

The spoilers indicate Libby is the next to go. I read somewhere that after Libby goes, it will be Michael and Jenna that follow. I will hate it if the Malolo's start getting picked off. 

Yes, Kellyn needs to go. Can't stand her at all.

Damn next three boots might be eye candy for the viewers Booooooooo. I'm sorry these people are fools if Dom and Wendell don't get targeted soon

On 4/12/2018 at 10:54 AM, Special K said:

I'd love that Final 3!

I wouldn't at this point. Sounds so fucking boring and like these people are idiots.

So I'm totally believing the boot list, and I'm going with my theory that Dom's alliance uses the original Naviti members to get numbers down, then turns on them.  Assuming Dom and Wendell don't have to play their idols in the somewhat near future, that could be an advantage to them if there is a vote split.  

Not sure where I think Laurel stands at winning after tonight, but I kind of am thinking she's going to be seen as betraying people and doing what Wendell/Dom told her to.  Still believing it'll come down to them, but I'm back to being at a loss who ends up winning between Dom and Wendell.

• Love 1

The only one I want winning in that final 3 is Laurel. It would be so sweet if the only original Malolo wins against two original Naviti's. It would be even better than that after all the "Naviti strong" they keep bragging about.

• Love 1

I guess a good indication of when Jenna and Sebastian's time is up is if they get a ton of airtime out of nowhere.  They've been two of the most invisible castaways out there (Jenna especially).  No wonder they fell in love.  I'm very happy that, with 3 show/romances that bloomed this season, none of them were turned into obnoxious Big Brother showmances.  

• Love 1
On 4/17/2018 at 10:33 PM, LanceM said:

Anthony, wasn't SFRL just using the Chelsea swapping with Michael as just an example of how he wasn't 100% sure of the order from 11-6? Not that those two specifically might be swapped?  That is how I read it anyway. This is the post that I saw from him (not sure if you saw something different)

"you guys have waited long enough so here goes. After Libby it goes Michael > Jenna > Sebastian > Chelsea > Kellyn > Des > Donathan > Angela with a F3 of Dominick, Wendell and Laurel. I don't know the winner. Just a heads up that F11 - 6 is not 100 percent, meaning that Chelsea could go after Libby and so forth. I'm not 100 percent certain of that order. F5 is a lock though."

Yea I think he was, but he seemed fairly confident Michael is next its after that he's not very sure. 

I also get info from other places sometimes so if you see little notes its possible thats where it was from.

7 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

I guess a good indication of when Jenna and Sebastian's time is up is if they get a ton of airtime out of nowhere.  They've been two of the most invisible castaways out there (Jenna especially).  No wonder they fell in love.  I'm very happy that, with 3 show/romances that bloomed this season, none of them were turned into obnoxious Big Brother showmances.  

In fairness, Big Brother the players have more food, showers and the show is on three days a week so there is more energy and time to focus on the romances. Let's get real, one conversation about how Jenna's hair smells is all that I need for an entire series. I don't even want to think about Survivor nookie...

• Love 1
5 hours ago, HurricaneVal said:

Amen to that.  Even though they famously provide condoms as part of the Survivor medical kit.

That fact might be famous, but I didn't know about it.  So, does a castaway have to get permission to visit the medics and ask for a condom, or does a producer visit the camps every night with a basket of condoms like the basket of bread sticks they walk around with and hand out at Fazzoli's?  Do they sneak off to make their "ozzlets" or do they do it right there in camp?  I have so many questions and such little information.

Thanks for enlightening me, Hurricaneval!

I think there is a first aid kit right at camp, with general stuff in it like bandages, sun screen, tweezers, tampons, etc. and I think it also has any medications the castaways have to take like blood pressure meds or birth control.  And condoms....  It is usually hidden away.  At least on the first season, there were also daily vitamins available for the castaways to take every day, I don't know if they still do that.  First season Colleen didn't want to take the vitamins, and she was eaten mercilessly by the bugs--to the point that later she said her legs were permanently scarred--and her tribmates theorized that it was because she didn't take the vitamins.

I'm pretty sure they still get the kit, because they wouldn't want to call medical for every splinter or scrape just to get a band-aid or every time they need a new tampon, but I do know the contents have changed.  In one of the early seasons, someone started their camp's fire by using the magnifying glass that used to be provided as part of the kit--presumably to help with splinter removal.  By the next season, that item was no longer supplied.

I kind of like how the castaways found alternate survival uses for the stuff that was provided, but that just usually meant that item was taken out for the next season, or new rules were written--like you can't use the tampons or medical gauze for fire starting etc.  They even discontinued the "luxury item" that castaways used to bring, because production discovered that people were being clever about their items, and were bringing things for strategic alternate use rather than for sentimental reasons they could wax poetically (and tearfully) about in interview sessions.  Colby's giant Texas flag comes to mind...  Production thought he was just a typical Texan with typical Texan sized pride, hence the oversized flag.  Well, no denying Colby was a proud Texan, but he did admit that he wanted the flag so it could be used as a tarp or blanket. 

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, HurricaneVal said:

First season Colleen didn't want to take the vitamins, and she was eaten mercilessly by the bugs--to the point that later she said her legs were permanently scarred--and her tribmates theorized that it was because she didn't take the vitamins.

It was bug repellent she refused to use.  If vitamins prevented bug bites the world would know.  :^)

• Love 4

I kind of like how the castaways found alternate survival uses for the stuff that was provided, but that just usually meant that item was taken out for the next season, or new rules were written--like you can't use the tampons or medical gauze for fire starting etc.  They even discontinued the "luxury item" that castaways used to bring, because production discovered that people were being clever about their items, and were bringing things for strategic alternate use rather than for sentimental reasons they could wax poetically (and tearfully) about in interview sessions.  Colby's giant Texas flag comes to mind...  Production thought he was just a typical Texan with typical Texan sized pride, hence the oversized flag.  Well, no denying Colby was a proud Texan, but he did admit that he wanted the flag so it could be used as a tarp or blanket. 

I miss the days of the luxury items.  Some never made any sense, but it was clear that TPTB had final say based on some of the luxury items that made it out there.  I remember John Carroll from Marquesas took what I believe was massage oils or cologne to help them start fire, and I doubt they had any idea that's what his goal was.  When was the last season for luxury items?  Amazon? 

However, nowadays they practically build their fire and shelter for them and give them plenty of food.  And in reality, they did get matches the first few seasons for winning the first I/RC.  They changed it to flint at some point down the road.  But all you had to do was be miserable for 3 days, because either you won matches/flint or could use your TC torch to light a fire.  But if they bring luxury items out there to secretly make life easier, why not?  If they were really stranded and deserted, it's not like those items couldn't be used in that situation.  I'd rather see Colby use a flag for shelter than them have one built. 

• Love 1

They had luxury items as late as season 20 because the reason JT was able to write his infamous love letter to Russel was because Amanda brought a journal as a luxury item.  Not sure if any season after that had them or not.

I am starting to wonder if any of these showmances actually started during the game because other than the brief flirting scene between Sebastian and Jenna we haven't seen anything else.  Though at the reward feast last episode I think it was Chelsea who told Libby that the reason she was a target was because she was "too close to Michael".

Edited by LanceM
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, LanceM said:

it was Chelsea who told Libby that the reason she was a target was because she was "too close to Michael"

I don't think anyone has mentioned that when Libby drew the rock that sent her to Ghost Island, Michael kissed her goodbye in a very  sweet and caring way.

6 minutes ago, enoughcats said:

I don't think anyone has mentioned that when Libby drew the rock that sent her to Ghost Island, Michael kissed her goodbye in a very  sweet and caring way.

I missed that.  Well he is headed to Ponderosa next.  Anything in interviews or twitter saying they are seeing each other now? 

53 minutes ago, enoughcats said:

That was actually Jenna who went to Ghost Island.

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, LanceM said:
1 hour ago, enoughcats said:

That was actually Jenna who went to Ghost Island.

Thanks for keeping names straight.  I guess I just proved I can't keep the women sorted by name.

5 hours ago, piequinn35 said:

Is Michael the next juror? so we will have a first three nice looking jurors again. :))

Much as I like Michael in the game, I kinda hope so - if only because the notion of Michael and Libby immediately bonding at Ponderosa (and Chris getting iced out and left on his own) fills me with a strange sort of satisfying peace....  :>

• Love 4

Libby is doing press interview, by email because apparently she can't find a phone in London or something.

https://etcanada.com/news/320313/survivor-ghost-island-castaway-libby-vincek-on-being-voted-off-i-really-trusted-our-alliance/

This may or may not be foreshadowing of what to expect at FTC.

Who did you feel betrayed by the most, and how long did that bitterness last?

I think Donathan and Laurel. I really trusted our alliance and knowing how much they were working behind my back was pretty rough to watch.

https://my.xfinity.com/blogs/tv/2018/04/20/survivor-castaway-libby-you-didnt-get-to-see-much-of-my-devilish-features-to-be-honest-neither-did-i/

This may or may not be foreshadowing of Libby's post game activities:

Holmes: What happened after the merge that made people think you were close with Michael?
Vincek: Michael and I slept together some nights,

Edited by LanceM
6 hours ago, LanceM said:

Vincek: Michael and I slept together some nights,

I assume she meant in a non-sexual, huddling for warmth in the elements, way.  But still, the way B-Rob pointed out (on RI?) as a sign to watch out for.

• Love 1

I'm not a Libby fan- didn't see much of interesting or compelling gameplay and the "Why me?" whining at the reward challenge didn't help.  I'm really hoping that she is doing interviews by email for the reasons stated, not because she is filming Season 37 or 38......

(edited)
3 hours ago, prunieprune said:

I'm not a Libby fan- didn't see much of interesting or compelling gameplay and the "Why me?" whining at the reward challenge didn't help.  I'm really hoping that she is doing interviews by email for the reasons stated, not because she is filming Season 37 or 38......

Unless he has the wrong info, Redmond said the next two seasons are newbies.  Jeff did say pre show he’d want Libby’s to return one day. Whether he still thinks that I don’t know.  She didn’t make much of a mark.  Some of the pre jurors got more screen time than she did.  

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1
(edited)

Well, the boot list was off.  Disappointed to see Des go, but happy Michael survived.  Curious what this means for the rest of the order.  Really hope this means Kellyn goes sooner rather than later. 

ETA: two people being voted out next week will be interesting.  Won't be surprised if the boot list goes back on track and it's Jenna and Seabass (or if it's off by a week and Jenna/Michael go).

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1

I am very curious to see how this boot list shakes out now.  Did Michael just stay his execution for 3 days and will get voted out next?  Will Chelsea move up and get voted out since she was left out of the loop for this week?  or we back on track with Jenna and or Sebastian getting the boot. Sadly I think Kellyn is safe next week.

Could've sworn I update the List of the Cursed last week after the first curse was broken, but I don't see it.  Still need to update it though based on this week's episode.

Out of Play:

• One of James' idols from China [Became Malolo's first HII; Found and played by Michael.  Curse not broken.]
  • The Legacy Advantage from Game Changers [Found by Jacob on GI; "reactivated" when willed to Morgan; Morgan willed to Domenick.  Played by Domenick at F13.  Curse not broken.]
  • JT's pocket idol from Game Changers [Merge Idol #1.  Found and "powered up" on GI by Chris.  Went home in Chris' pocket.  Curse not broken.]
  • Ozzy's Fake Idol (the "f-ing stick") from FvF [Became a real HII and Malolo's second HII; Found and Played by Michael.  Curse Broken!]

In Play:

• Andrea's pocket idol from Caramoan [Became Naviti's HII; Currently in Domenick's possession.]
  • The Immunity Necklace from FvF [Became Yanuya's HII; Currently in Wendell's possession.]
  • Sarah's Vote Steal from Game Changers [Found by Kellyn on GI.  Usable only as a second vote without a steal. Currently in Kellyn's possession.]
  • Scot's Super Idol half from Kaoh Rong [Found by Donathan.  Had no power on it's own, but came with info leading to--]
  • Tai's Super Idol half from Kaoh Rong [Found by Donathan.  Combined with other Idol half to form standard HII.  Merge Idol #2.]

Still On Deck:

• Jon's pocket idol from BvW2 (SJDS)
  • The burnt Shell idol from HvHvH
  • David's Fake Idol (the one Jay found and played) from MvGX
  • Malcolm's Challenge Advantage from the Philippines F4
  • Dan's Second Vote from Worlds Apart
  • Fishbach's Vote Steal from Second Chances
  • Lauren's Saved Vote from HvHvH

I had a feeling that the two half-idols would be entering the game at the same time, and require each other in some fashion.  But I wasn't expecting that exact situation.  Well done by TPTB though.  Good way to do it: hiding the actual "cursed" piece like a regular HII, but putting the other half under the shelter as they are wont to do when possible.  Hell, they could have placed Tai's half during the first IIC, and not hidden the Scot half until after the last TC.  And since the two pieces are each at less power than they originally had, they're now a source for David's Fake Idol to gain power.  (I'm assuming that Erik's Necklace was the main source of The F-ing Stick's power, since they're related.)

And with Angela's visit to Ghost Island, we now know that the game there is not rigged after all.

Edited by SVNBob

The boot list was off. I'm glad about that because Michael managed to stay around for another three days at least. Glad that Des went, but now I'm wondering what happens. Two people going home next week, but will it be Michael and Jenna? Or Chelsea, or Sebastian?

(edited)
1 hour ago, TVFan1 said:

The boot list was off. I'm glad about that because Michael managed to stay around for another three days at least. Glad that Des went, but now I'm wondering what happens. Two people going home next week, but will it be Michael and Jenna? Or Chelsea, or Sebastian?

I'm guessing it'll be at least one, if not both, of them.  We saw Jenna cuddling up to Donathan so my guess is it'll be her.  She got way more footage tonight than she's had all season, and considering it totaled maybe 3 minutes, that's saying something.  Then she's featured in the promo.  I'm going with those two, or Jenna/Seabass.  I'd love for Kellyn to get blindsided, however.

I think Jenna could say to Donathan that she has Seabass's vote no matter what, he goes back and tells Dom/Wendell, and they decide they need to be split up or both voted off.

Edited by LadyChatts

I suspect that Michael and Jenna go next week. Dom and Wendell are not going to allow him to stay in too long because Michael is a threat. Des simply made herself a threat by trying to rally the troops. I wonder if Des had targeted Sea Bass if Dom would have been as worried.