Type keyword(s) to search

S36: Rumors and Spoilers

• Start Topic

16 hours ago, ProfCrash said:

I wonder if Des had targeted Sea Bass if Dom would have been as worried.

Depends on who you're substituting Sea Bass for in Des' plans.

If him in Plan B instead of Michael, maybe.  They're both good physical meatshields and probably great for countering the other.  The big difference is alliance.  Michael really only has Jenna at this point, while Sea Bass is nominally part of the large Naviti alliance.  It would really depend on the pitch.

If SeaBass in Plan A instead of Kellyn, then Laurel probably wouldn't have gone to Dom in the first place.  She could have used the opportunity to split the votes and organize Malolo to force a tie and potentially vote Des out anyway, without revealing her alliance with Dom/Wendell (4 votes Michael (Dom/Wendell/Sea Bass/Kellyn), 4 votes Des (orig Malolo), and 2 Sea Bass (Des/Chelsea/Angela's null vote)).

• Love 1
(edited)

Here are the press photos for the next episode.

http://insidesurvivor.com/survivor-ghost-island-episode-11-press-photos-33612

Based on these photos there appears to be two groups of five competing for immunity:

Group 1: Michael, Laurel, Dom Wendell, Kellyn

Group 2: Chelsea, Sebastian, Angela, Jenna, Donathan 

Now the question is does the person who wins out of each group of 5 get immunity? Or are they doing one immunity for the top woman finisher and one immunity for the top male finisher? 

Are these the 2 groups that will go to the two separate tribal council?

Based on this pic it seems like it could be Chelsea or Angela winning out of this group though we don't see how Donathon is doing.

S36_Ep11_013b.jpg

Edited by LanceM
(edited)

Are you sure that’s not a reward challenge? I know there’s one of Jeff with the immunity necklace but could that be from the actual immunity challenge? 

I’m only looking on my phone. I have to get a better look on my computer.   

ETA.....I zoomed in and it is at the immunity challenge. No clue how that will work. Interesting.  

Edited by nutty1
On 4/18/2018 at 9:09 PM, nutty1 said:

That’s actually a decent final 3. I hope it’s Wendell or Don. 

My favs are Laurel, Don, Dom and Wendell.

Not only are they nice and decent, they are smart and have played the best games thus far.  I hope they all make F4.  Right now, I'm leaning toward Laurel being the best strategic player at this point.  Plus she's good in challenges - better than Don and Dom anyway.

• Love 2
(edited)
18 hours ago, Jextella said:

My favs are Laurel, Don, Dom and Wendell.

Not only are they nice and decent, they are smart and have played the best games thus far.  I hope they all make F4.  Right now, I'm leaning toward Laurel being the best strategic player at this point.  Plus she's good in challenges - better than Don and Dom anyway.

Seeing my quote in your answer, I realized I wrote DON instead of DOM! Off to change it. 

Edited by nutty1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, nutty1 said:

Seeing my quote in your answer, I realized I wrote DON instead of DOM! Off to change it. 

:)

I was getting confused on certain spoiler posts given the Don vs. Dom situation!  

So tonight will be interesting if the boot list goes back on track and we have a Michael/Jenna boot (I'm at least leaning towards Jenna due to the preview at the end of last week), but with a double boot, this could be a chance to blindside someone.

5 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

So tonight will be interesting if the boot list goes back on track and we have a Michael/Jenna boot (I'm at least leaning towards Jenna due to the preview at the end of last week), but with a double boot, this could be a chance to blindside someone.

I won't be surprised if Michael and Jenna are the double boots tonight. My prediction is Michael will go first, and then Jenna will be idoled out by Donathan's idol.

Lots of activity on the List tonight.

Out of Play:

• One of James' idols from China [Became Malolo's first HII; Found and played by Michael.  Curse not broken.]
  • The Legacy Advantage from Game Changers [Found by Jacob on GI; "reactivated" when willed to Morgan; Morgan willed to Domenick.  Played by Domenick at F13.  Curse not broken.]
  • JT's pocket idol from Game Changers [Merge Idol #1.  Found and "powered up" on GI by Chris.  Went home in Chris' pocket.  Curse not broken.]
  • Ozzy's Fake Idol (the "f-ing stick") from FvF [Became a real HII and Malolo's second HII; Found and Played by Michael.  Curse Broken!]
  • Both Scot's Super Idol half and Tai's Super Idol half from Kaoh Rong [Both found by Donathan.  Combine to form Merge Idol #2.  Played by Donathan.  Curse not broken.]
  • Sarah's Vote Steal from Game Changers [Found by Kellyn on GI.  Usable only as a second vote without a steal. Played by Kellyn on Laurel.  Curse not broken?]

In Play:

• Andrea's pocket idol from Caramoan [Became Naviti's HII; Currently in Domenick's possession.]
  • The Immunity Necklace from FvF [Became Yanuya's HII; Currently in Wendell's possession.]
  • David's Fake Idol (the one Jay found and played) from MvGX [Found by Domenick.  Still a fake.  Curse unbreakable.]

Still On Deck:

• Jon's pocket idol from BvW2 (SJDS)
  • The burnt Shell idol from HvHvH
  • Malcolm's Challenge Advantage from the Philippines F4
  • Dan's Second Vote from Worlds Apart
  • Fishbach's Vote Steal from Second Chances
  • Lauren's Saved Vote from HvHvH

With tonight's find, Dom now has a real Idol, a fake idol, and a real fake idol.  Hopefully, he can keep them all straight...

Well, I was really hoping the boot list would be off, but not surprised.  Hoping that Kellyn will be the next one to go, and that this episode will be the lead up to her downfall. 

• Love 2

I will be curious to see who the boot is next week. I am so hoping is Kellyn.  You have to think Dom, Wendell and Laurel will not be too happy with her after tonight.

(edited)

I think she may have especially pissed Dom off.  She was mad at someone in the preview and said Naviti wasn't a happy family anymore (I don't think they have been for awhile).  So Dom may ask why she didn't tell him about her extra vote and then not trust her going forward.  I do hope it leads to her downfall.  

Seabass is next on the list if it's true, but he's kind of a puzzling choice to go.  Of course if he'd get any airtime maybe that would help explain it.

Edited by LadyChatts

Yeah id rather its not a boring march to F4 for Dom Wendell and their two bitches but it looks like it with the 6 Advantages. Fuck these people are so dumb playing for Dom and Wendell.

• Love 2

Well, sadly, tonight confirms, more or less, that one of the two guys will be taking this.  After Laurel's display of how she just has to play with them and for them, she is in winning at all.  She's going to be a goat.

13 hours ago, jay741982 said:

Yeah id rather its not a boring march to F4 for Dom Wendell and their two bitches but it looks like it with the 6 Advantages. Fuck these people are so dumb playing for Dom and Wendell.

Only 3, and one of them is technically powerless.  Wendell has one HII; Dom has another, plus an official fake idol.  Everything else got used.

13 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

I think she may have especially pissed Dom off.  She was mad at someone in the preview and said Naviti wasn't a happy family anymore (I don't think they have been for awhile).  So Dom may ask why she didn't tell him about her extra vote and then not trust her going forward.  I do hope it leads to her downfall.  

Seabass is next on the list if it's true, but he's kind of a puzzling choice to go.  Of course if he'd get any airtime maybe that would help explain it.

Dom and Wendell  are well aware that Naviti has not been aligned for ages but that is going to be news to Kellyn, Angela, Sea Bass and Chelsea. Right now we are at the crucial 4-4 split between Naviti Strong and the Mixed Alliance. The Mixed Alliance has two idols and a fake idol in their possession so I think that they have the edge in the game.

I wonder if Kellyn is upset because she expected Wendell or Dom to vote for Laurel or if some how Donathon is able to play off the Sea Bass vote as coming from a Naviti and not himself.

• Love 1

What I wonder now is how the 4-4 split gets broken?  Will Wendell or Domenick have to play one of their idols?  Or does the mixed Alliance get one of Angela, Chelsea, Kellyn, or Sebastian to flip?  I imagine, due to her alleged fourth-place finish, that Angela flips and sends Sebastian packing.

That, or an Idol nullifies the tie.

Assuming Seabass is next (and I'm still puzzled why him, unless there's some funky vote split and he goes home on the re-vote, or he's just the less paranoid and suspicious of everyone left).  I mean, I can't figure out why they'd target him, so maybe they go after him because that's everyone else's assumption, too.  So going along with Seabass/Chelsea/Kellyn as the next 3 boots, I'm going with Seabass gets idoled out.  The following week it's a free for all between Kellyn/Angela/Chelsea trying to maintain their numbers and place in the game.  Kellyn and Angela just vote with the majority until it's their turn in the pecking order.

What I think could happen with the Donathan boot is one of three things: the two simplest explanations are he's idoled out or Angela wins immunity at the final 5, and he gets voted out that way.  Or he goes Will Wahl and tries to make a big move in getting out Dom or Wendell, thinking Angela and Laurel go along with him.  Correctly, he'll be right that Dom/Wendell will be tough to beat.  However, at that point, I think Laurel will stick with Dom/Wendell and vote Donathan out. 

There is no way that Donathon wins this. Michael described him as selfish in his Gordon Holmes interview. Desiree describes him as sneaky. The overall feeling I get from folks is that Donathon's game play was not appreciated out there or people are really pissed after seeing his game play. I am leaning more towards people did not appreciate Donathon's game play in game and at Ponderosa. He might be the perfect goat. I kind of fear for him if he makes the final three.

The language used for Laurel is more positive but people seem to be blaming her for not taking out Dom and Wendell while at the same time using more positive language to describe Wendell and Dom.

• Love 1

I think Laurel is more allied to Wendell than with Donathan. She'll stay with Don for as long as possible because she likes him and feels loyal toward him, but if she has to choose between the two, she'll choose Wendell to protect.

• Love 1

I think Dom and Wendell deserve the win more than Laurel, but I do think she's going to face a bitter jury.  Even though she was right about Des targeting Kellyn, so in reality Kellyn shouldn't be bitter at her, I think she'll be lucky to get one vote.

I can't blame Laurel for the game she's played or sticking with Dom and Wendell, even though there's no way she'll beat either of them.  But if she were to manage to get one or both of them out, where does that leave her?  At least her odds of making the final 3 are better with them, and if she managed to vote either of them out, she still might have a hard time pulling off a win.  

In the pre-Michele Fitzgerald days, I would be similarly convinced Laurel doesn't have a shot. 

For all we know, she could wrap it up by casually saying "gosh, I have a shot at being only the second African-American woman to win this game? And the first in more than 30 seasons? How crazy is that?"

If the jury will be mad at her for not taking out Wendell and Dom, they might be more mad at Wendell and Dom for BEING Wendell and Dom.

(That said, my guess is it's Wendell. I just think we don't have enough information to count her out.)

So the Malcolm challenge advantage should show this week. The immunity challenge is that challenge that the advantage showed up in.

Also cause Doanthan played his idol one  of the other 2 should show up.

Another GI visit? (5 Jars left)

11 hours ago, anthonyd46 said:

Also cause Doanthan played his idol one  of the other 2 should show up.

For sure.  Either the Burnt Shell or Jon's pocket idol will be entering play soon.

11 hours ago, anthonyd46 said:

So the Malcolm challenge advantage should show this week. The immunity challenge is that challenge that the advantage showed up in.

Really? I was expecting it to come into play at the F4IC somehow.  But if that challenge is the IC tonight, then it would make sense for that advantage to come into play here.  And it'd be simple enough to have the game at Ghost Island reward it.  Probably in a manner like JT's idol that Chris got; a number of extra do-overs depending on a gamble.

I knew as soon as Sebastian had no airtime he wasn't going.  Was really hoping Chelsea's name being thrown around was a red herring.  I'm hoping next week it'll finally be Kellyn.  Sebastian going at this point makes little sense, unless he gets idoled out for some strange reason.  I can't see him suddenly trying to make a move and draw attention to himself.  Why he goes before Angela is what I'm interested in seeing, unless Angela wins immunity the episode he's voted off.  

Donathan said something tonight about taking Dom out and not waiting until it was too late.  I wonder if that's foreshadowing to him getting voted off at the final 5, and he tries to make a move with Laurel and Angela but it backfires.  I guess Laurel is a no win situation at this point no matter who she goes with.  Wish she had tried making a move sooner when she might have had numbers.

Kellyn I think is definitely next.  I see no reason why the guys would vote out Sebastian over her. Unless Kellyn wins immunity but even then they would probably vote Angela first.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, LanceM said:

So Donathon is throwing Laurel under the bus.

JaWy0UL.png

He obviously didn't think a few moves ahead. Flip and force a tie, re-vote makes Wendell play his idol, Chelsea goes home still. Try and pull Sebastian in (he doesn't seem too tight with Dom/Wendell) with Kellyn/Angela/Donathan to make it 4-3 and get out Laurel or Wendell at the next tribal. Maybe it wouldn't work and you'd get voted out the next time around, but at least you would've done something during the game. 

(edited)
11 minutes ago, fireice13 said:

He obviously didn't think a few moves ahead. Flip and force a tie, re-vote makes Wendell play his idol, Chelsea goes home still. Try and pull Sebastian in (he doesn't seem too tight with Dom/Wendell) with Kellyn/Angela/Donathan to make it 4-3 and get out Laurel or Wendell at the next tribal. Maybe it wouldn't work and you'd get voted out the next time around, but at least you would've done something during the game. 

Can they play their idols on a re-vote?  I thought they could only do it before the first vote was read.

Guess Donathan must be catching some flack tonight.  I have to imagine Laurel is, too, for not turning on Dom/Wendell when she knows she can't win.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1
32 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

Can they play their idols on a re-vote?  I thought they could only do it before the first vote was read.

Guess Donathan must be catching some flack tonight.  I have to imagine Laurel is, too, for not turning on Dom/Wendell when she knows she can't win.

They all should be for just playing for Dom and Wendell

12 hours ago, TVFan1 said:

There is no way Laurel is winning this. She is playing for third place. I knew she wouldn't flip on Wendell or Dom.

I think Laurel is still hoping one of the WenDom pair gets picked off before F4 - and possibly, the other gets scrubbed off on the F4-to-F3 comp.

• Love 2

So Chelsea's only conflict today seemed to be with RobC as she has actually done a lot of press today.  One thing seems clear and that is Laurel can't win.

"My plan was actually to take her to the end. Everybody felt like they could win against her. She didn’t really make any big moves in the game, and she wasn’t a central point in a lot of the strategy. Everybody still in the game had Laurel in their top 3 as basically a nonthreat."

• Love 3

Laurel seems to have absolutely zero confidence.  I'm wondering if she'll pull an Amanda (China/Micronesia) at the FTC and totally crack.  I can see her having a hard time if the jury is rough on her, and I think Dom/Wendell have the charisma.

I'm leaning towards a Dom win.  Wendell just seems a little too invisible to win, but I wouldn't be completely shocked.

From an interview with Probst....

Our penultimate episode of the season coming up next. What can you tell us, sir?
We’re down to seven, so everybody is fighting to stay in the game while one person makes what could be a million-dollar mistake.

So who  makes the million dollar mistake? Donathan? Angela?

Could apply to quite a few people.  Laurel for having yet another chance to get Dom/Wendell out but not doing it (and if there's a plan to blindside them maybe she tells them and they play their idols).  Donathan, as we see him in the preview potentially targeting Dom ( I think that'll be more of a red herring though from what we know).  Angela/Seabass/Kellyn for the same reasons as I mentioned about Laurel-having a chance to blindside them but not doing it.  

Chelsea will be doing an AMA on reddit at the end of the season so should find out quite a bit there. She has a huge fanbase on reddit. 

As far as Ghost Island itself we saw the Malcolm thing, but we have 5 jars and 5 things left, but only TWO episodes?

So how will this work? Double person visits? Multiple visits? The jars are now irrelevant and everything there is a gift?

I will be shocked if both those idols don't come in play that are left.

• Love 1

Another quick change on the list.

Out of Play:

• One of James' idols from China [Became Malolo's first HII; Found and played by Michael.  Curse not broken.]
  • The Legacy Advantage from Game Changers [Found by Jacob on GI; "reactivated" when willed to Morgan; Morgan willed to Domenick.  Played by Domenick at F13.  Curse not broken.]
  • JT's pocket idol from Game Changers [Merge Idol #1.  Found and "powered up" on GI by Chris.  Went home in Chris' pocket.  Curse not broken.]
  • Ozzy's Fake Idol (the "f-ing stick") from FvF [Became a real HII and Malolo's second HII; Found and Played by Michael.  Curse Broken!]
  • Both Scot's Super Idol half and Tai's Super Idol half from Kaoh Rong [Both found by Donathan.  Combine to form Merge Idol #2.  Played by Donathan.  Curse not broken.]
  • Sarah's Vote Steal from Game Changers [Found by Kellyn on GI.  Usable only as a second vote without a steal. Played by Kellyn on Laurel.  Curse not broken.]
  • Malcolm's Challenge Advantage from the Philippines F4 [Claimed and immediately used by Wendell.  Curse on challenge not broken.]

In Play:

• Andrea's pocket idol from Caramoan [Became Naviti's HII; Currently in Domenick's possession.]
  • The Immunity Necklace from FvF [Became Yanuya's HII; Currently in Wendell's possession.]
  • David's Fake Idol (the one Jay found and played) from MvGX [Found by Domenick.  Still a fake.  Curse unbreakable.]

Still On Deck:

• Jon's pocket idol from BvW2 (SJDS)
  • The burnt Shell idol from HvHvH
  • Dan's Second Vote from Worlds Apart
  • Fishbach's Vote Steal from Second Chances
  • Lauren's Saved Vote from HvHvH

Wendell still has a chance at winning, so we can't call the full curse on the advantage as not broken yet.  However, he didn't do well on the challenge itself, so that part of the curse (winning the advantage leads to a quick double-failure in the challenge) is still alive.  Wendell did do better than Malcolm though, since two people went out before him.

5 cursed items left to appear: 2 idols and 3 vote advantages.  Odds of all of them appearing?  Slim.  One idol for sure, since there's no current Merge Idol in play, and probably one of the advantages (maybe 2).  But the rest are cursed to remain cursed, just like everything out of play except the F-ing Stick.

(edited)
11 hours ago, nutty1 said:

Our penultimate episode of the season coming up next. What can you tell us, sir?
We’re down to seven, so everybody is fighting to stay in the game while one person makes what could be a million-dollar mistake.

Kellyn. How many times have we seen lingering shots on that Ghost Island sign, "One bad decision can haunt you forever." How many times have we heard her go with her gut, and her gut was wrong? 

Edited by cherrypj
Her gut was wrong.
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, nutty1 said:

From an interview with Probst....

So who  makes the million dollar mistake? Donathan? Angela?

Kellyn, PLEEEEEEAAAAASSSSSE!!!!!!

• Love 3
(edited)

I don't mind Kellyn.  I really like her enthusiasm for the game.  

I'm down with anyone who plays and is a true fan.  Mostly.

She's not playing as well as she thinks she is though, and her sense of entitlement over "the boys" family gathering and Wendell's ability to go to Ghost Island without one of the girls getting his family spot was not justified.  She is a little "that way", but overall, I like her.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 1

So if the boot list holds up it’ll be Kellyn or Seabass tonight.  I guess if Seabass has an edit that comes out of nowhere then we’ll be saying good bye to him.  Him getting voted off makes little sense, unless he is idoled out, or he draws attention to himself.  Why he’d suddenly start playing the game now I don’t know.  If Donathan tries to go after Dom and gets caught, he could try and pin the plan on Seabass.  

Kellyn just seems like a likelier boot.  But I probably won’t be that lucky.  I am curious to see what caught Donathans attention with Dom.