Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E08: Slip

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, benteen said:

No, this was definitely in his Slipping Jimmy days in the late-80s or early-90s.  They gave him a wig for that scene that he always wears for the flashbacks.

No, it's definitely from his trip back home in season 1. Each actor is wearing one of the outfits from the grifting montage in that episode, and the dialogue explicitly mentions their initial con in the bar: "We got a $110 for a plain vanilla half dollar."

• Love 4
(edited)
10 minutes ago, Bannon said:

The pill switch scene, and the scenes which led up to it, was a textbook example of how writers are almost always better served by showing characters doing things, as opposed to characters talking about what they did, or what somebody else did. Show, don't tell. The people who write this show are really cognizant of this, and I wish writers on other shows would more reliably emulate them.

I agree.  The only quibble I have with that was that the pill toss seemed like a very risky and difficult way to get the pills into Hector's pocket.  There must have been many easier ways.  Doesn't Hector ever go to the bathroom?  :)  Still, the pill toss was cool, so I don't mind. 

Edited by Bryce Lynch
  • Love 1
(edited)

I don't think the complaints themselves were credible. The foreman was saying that if they didn't do the work, they wouldn't get the hours. He wasn't saying they couldn't lay down or couldn't go to the hospital or whatever -- they could, but that time wouldn't count toward their hours. Isn't that exactly what his boss would WANT him to do and say?

Edited by rue721
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

I agree.  The only quibble I have with that was that the pill toss seemed like a very risky and difficult way to get the pills into Hector's pocket.  There must have been many easier ways.  Doesn't Hector ever go to the bathroom?  :)  Still, the pill toss was cool, so I don't mind. 

Hey, Nacho trained hard to be the Steph Curry of pill bottle tossers! 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Bannon said:

Yeah, I wasn't making public policy commentary, I was just saying that municipal employees are quite hard to fire, relative to at will employees outside of government. A jury can conclude that your behavior on the job was worthy of literally millions of dollars in damages paid,  paid by the employer, and the employee might still retain his or her job.

I agree completely. Saul almost certainly couldn't have gotten the guy fired or sued him personally but he could make his like miserable. I also agree that it could and probably should have been written better. But I think it was written well enough to get the point across. 

16 minutes ago, Eulipian 5k said:

After he traveled to the table and carried the pills. Go Cavs.

So, in your analogy, evil, violent, obnoxious drug lord, Hector Salamanca is LeBron?  I can see that. Go Warriors!  :)

• Love 5
58 minutes ago, Bannon said:

The pill switch scene, and the scenes which led up to it, was a textbook example of how writers are almost always better served by showing characters doing things, as opposed to characters talking about what they did, or what somebody else did. Show, don't tell. The people who write this show are really cognizant of this, and I wish writers on other shows would more reliably emulate them.

But show don't tell requires an audience that actually pays attention to the details. Too many people want everything spoon fed to them. 

8 minutes ago, scenario said:

But show don't tell requires an audience that actually pays attention to the details. Too many people want everything spoon fed to them. 

I sometimes get into the bad habit of multitasking (on the smartphone) while watching shows.  You can't do that with BCS or you will miss a lot.  

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Bryce Lynch said:

I sometimes get into the bad habit of multitasking (on the smartphone) while watching shows.  You can't do that with BCS or you will miss a lot.  

Me too. I usually watch both the first and second showing of the episode back to back to catch things I might have missed the first time. That's the difference to me between a great show and an okay show. Can you watch the same episode twice in a row and frequently catch things you missed in the first showing?

1 hour ago, Eyes High said:

BigLaw is a notoriously terrible way to make a living when it comes to career satisfaction, but there are many avenues to practice law outside of BigLaw powerhouse firms. Unfortunately, the best and brightest are often graduates of prestigious law schools (like Yale) with crushing debt loads who gravitate to BigLaw firms in order to make as much money as quickly as possible to pay off their debts. The ones who can't or don't want to hack it eventually wash out and head for greener, more forgiving pastures (in-house counsel, government jobs, etc.), and the ones who can and want to hack it stick around and eventually become partners wooing the best and brightest students from the most prestigious law schools. And thus the woodchipper is fed, and the cycle continues.

Even "smaller" lawfirms are not great fun to work for.  Many still have hard requirements for billable hours, face-time, and sometimes client recruitment (up or out).  Its especially hard on women, who almost always have to put job before family.  Its rare to find a firm with family-friendly policies (and then one almost has no choice but to stay because of those policies, so its easy for the firm to take advantage in other ways, such as lower pay).  Its getting slightly better in general, but only slightly.

• Love 1

So, there hasn't been the full transition to Saul yet. We got a glimpse of the Grifter Jimmy, in the open,  we literally saw Slippin Jimmy, in the music store. (The fact that someone known it for actually hurt himself doing the pratfall is telling). Less sleight of hand (feet), more fast talk will be needed from here on, which will be the lucrative field of criminal law.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Bryce Lynch said:

So, in your analogy, evil, violent, obnoxious drug lord, Hector Salamanca is LeBron?  I can see that. Go Warriors!  :)

Hector as LeBron, I'm not seeing it, not with those shoes of his.  I thought he was trying to emulate a bullfighter, but those aren't even that. 

I do think the pill toss was unnecessarily risky, if he missed it would have hit the floor and made a sound, and game over. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, rue721 said:

I don't think the complaints themselves were credible. The foreman was saying that if they didn't do the work, they wouldn't get the hours. He wasn't saying they couldn't lay down or couldn't go to the hospital or whatever -- they could, but that time wouldn't count toward their hours. Isn't that exactly what his boss would WANT him to do and say?

I thought he was telling the guy that if he went to the hospital, NONE of the hours he worked that day would count?

• Love 3

It's been said before but the merely suggesting legal action is often enough to make non-lawyers crack, even if they know the threat is weak. More savvy people know that even a bogus suit will cost them time, money, and stress, and the un-initiated just think they're gonna get sued and it's gonna be bad. Add in terms like "intentional infliction of emotional distress," which a lot of non-lawyers don't even realize is A Thing, and the whole "Jimmy cons the Community Service jerk out of credits" makes a little more sense.

I don't like that they skimmed over the waiver, however. That waiver was BS and the guy (and Jimmy) knows it. There was a line of people behind him that saw him unable to read the waiver before signing it. A con man like Jimmy could make a duress argument with the greatest of ease.

Chuck's story tugged at my heartstrings a bit too, until I remembered that Chuck only found the strength and drive to "recover" from his illness after he was bested by Jimmy, and his motivation comes from wanting to stay in control of his little brother. I'm still Team Jimmy, despite Jimmy's actions with the MV snafu, and I still don't care what happens to Chuck. Part of me wants to see him have his little party and make amends with Jimmy, and part of me wants to see him out of legal practice altogether now that his insurance is in jeopardy. I still enjoy the storyline, but I like that Jimmy is trying to move on from all this.

I adored this episode and will be really bummed when the season is over.

• Love 4

The writers are really setting this up well. They've shown that with Saul Goodman, TV Adman, that its easy for the layman to just call the station, get a price, for the ads, and figure they can make a commercial themselves. But with the Law, whatcha gonna do? call the Judge or the IRS yourself? You need a licensed pro.

Jimmy saw that with his license, (reinstated), and his mouth, he can make $700 samoleans with the weakest argument that even a blogger wouldn't think of trying. They are driving him toward SG, Esq.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ShadowFacts said:

Hector as LeBron, I'm not seeing it, not with those shoes of his.  I thought he was trying to emulate a bullfighter, but those aren't even that. 

I do think the pill toss was unnecessarily risky, if he missed it would have hit the floor and made a sound, and game over. 

If Lebron is Hector, who is he ordering to beat up whom on the Cavs?

(edited)
23 minutes ago, monagatuna said:

It's been said before but the merely suggesting legal action is often enough to make non-lawyers crack, even if they know the threat is weak. More savvy people know that even a bogus suit will cost them time, money, and stress, and the un-initiated just think they're gonna get sued and it's gonna be bad. Add in terms like "intentional infliction of emotional distress," which a lot of non-lawyers don't even realize is A Thing, and the whole "Jimmy cons the Community Service jerk out of credits" makes a little more sense.

I don't like that they skimmed over the waiver, however. That waiver was BS and the guy (and Jimmy) knows it. There was a line of people behind him that saw him unable to read the waiver before signing it. A con man like Jimmy could make a duress argument with the greatest of ease.

Chuck's story tugged at my heartstrings a bit too, until I remembered that Chuck only found the strength and drive to "recover" from his illness after he was bested by Jimmy, and his motivation comes from wanting to stay in control of his little brother. I'm still Team Jimmy, despite Jimmy's actions with the MV snafu, and I still don't care what happens to Chuck. Part of me wants to see him have his little party and make amends with Jimmy, and part of me wants to see him out of legal practice altogether now that his insurance is in jeopardy. I still enjoy the storyline, but I like that Jimmy is trying to move on from all this.

I think Chuck sought help after Jimmy's trick with the battery finally made him question whether his condition was really physical as opposed to psychological.  I think it takes a lot of courage to seek that help, especially for a guy like Chuck who HATES to be wrong, even more than the rest of us do.  

It would be ironic if by destroying him in court, Jimmy actually unintentionally helped him get better and reclaim his life. 

Along the same lines, I originally thought Chuck would be mortified (assuming he lives to see it) when cheesy Saul Goodman ads start appearing on TV screens and bus benches all over ABQ.  But, now I am thinking Chuck might actually get pleasure and vindication from Jimmy becoming Saul. The ethics panel and everyone else in the legal community will know that Chuck wasn't crazy (well not about Jimmy anyway) and that he was right all along about his sleazy little brother being unfit to practice law.  

The best revenge Jimmy could have gotten on Chuck for keeping him from being a lawyer at HHM and deceiving him about it would have been to stay at Davis & Main and make a ton of money, or have a thriving, well respected elder care practice of his own, and become almost as well respected, and much more well like than Chuck in the ABQ legal community.  It would have driven Chuck (more) nuts to see Jimmy gain that sort of respectability and truly be a peer to him, after his con artist past and taking shortcuts like the University of American Samoa (Go, Land Crabs!).  

I actually think that would have been a perfectly appropriate "punishment" for Chuck.   

9 minutes ago, benteen said:

If Lebron is Hector, who is he ordering to beat up whom on the Cavs?

Well, Kyrie would be his #2 (Nacho), so he would do the beating.  There are several Cavs who have come up short (like Krazy-8), but I'd say either Tristan Thompson or JR Smith would take the beating. :)

Is Mike Steph and Gus KD or the other way around?  Actually, I think Mike would be Draymond Green, very tough, crafty and resourceful and a little dirty. :)

Edited by Bryce Lynch
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

You are correct Mike said, "I was out with my metal detector, looking for arrowheads." to the police.  

I believe, but am not certain, that once Indians had access to metal (from settlers), they would use it for arrow heads

• Love 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, Bannon said:

So, I'm using a note app on my phone to maybe, possibly, probably not, never gonna happen, write a book.

Several years ago, I met a guy working at Thosmon Reuters (can I say that?!)....and speaking of law, it was in the WestLaw division.  Anyway, he was the most interesting person I've ever met.  When I think of him now, I think of him in black and white sometimes, and bright colors other times.  He is the only person I've ever met whose life experiences were so varied to be in both camps naturally at different times.   I told him I was going to write a book about him.  I plunk away on the app before bed.  

Anyway, I'm going to heed the words you say above as they'd be particularly helpful in conveying the spirit of this guy. Better seen than said applies well to this guy.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, Gobi said:

I believe, but am not certain, that once Indians had access to metal (from settlers), they would use it for arrow heads

I googled metal indian arrowheads and the first site that came up (about ohio history) said that the natives in the area were using copper arrowheads before the Europeans came to America. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Bryce Lynch said:

I think Chuck sought help after Jimmy's trick with the battery finally made him question whether his condition was really physical as opposed to psychological.  I think it takes a lot of courage to seek that help, especially for a guy like Chuck who HATES to be wrong, even more than the rest of us do.  

It would be ironic if by destroying him in court, Jimmy actually unintentionally helped him get better and reclaim his life. 

If true, Jimmy and HHM did him a disservice by playing along and enabling.  I suppose he was too powerful in his personal relationship with Jimmy and his business relationship with Howard, and that imbalance ended up hurting him.  I wonder if Rebecca had been around, could she have had the power to lay some tough love on him?  Or be a motivator of some kind? 

I do not trust Chuck. He is motivated by wanting to grind Jimmy into a pulp, and the bar hearing did not accomplish that goal, hence his willingness to 'recover' from his allergy to electricity. When he finds out that his malpractice insurance has been imperiled by the bar hearing, I predict a Lourdes-level miracle healing.

• Love 6
(edited)
On 6/6/2017 at 11:57 AM, Jextella said:

I so don't get the appeal of those kinds of shows, but man, I must be in the minority.

I'm right there with you.

23 hours ago, Gobi said:

I think Mike really was using the metal detector. He was shown digging when it gave a signal, and then looking annoyed when he found an old can. He knew the general location, in my opinion, but not the precise spot.

That's what I remember seeing, and the conclusion I came to.

21 hours ago, Bannon said:

I understand your point, but I think the purpose of the scene was to drive home to Jimmy that even the lowest level drug dealer hss decent cash to pay for very basic legal assistance. This helps provide the impetus for Jimmy deciding that this will be his preferred clientele.

I do wish they had more cleverly portrayed  a way for Jimmy to be paid 700 simoleons for 5 minutes work.

Not to mention it is the first legal fee Jimmy has taken from a drug dealer - the first definitive step toward the Saul in BB (imo). Just as Mike's deal with Gus is his first definitive step.

7 hours ago, Bannon said:

Yes it was a bluff that worked on a t.v. show. It is not a bluff that hardly any city employee is the United States we live in would find the least bit credible, and thus it is not a bluff that would actually work. Like I said, it isnt the biggest deal to me, since the only purpose of the scene was to to illustrate to Jimmy that doing simple legal work for even the lowest level drug dealers could be pretty profitable. I just wish they had wrtten it a little better. 

Well, I work for a small municipality, and I'd say that other than the cops (who have a strong union), I doubt that many of our employees would understand that this is a bluff. And, though the City would be liable for the legal fees, there's a case here in Oregon that has my employers worried. The state courts have determined that individual employees can be sued.  http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2016/03/blind_runner_who_stepped_into.html 

5 hours ago, Bannon said:

Yeah, I wasn't making public policy commentary, I was just saying that municipal employees are quite hard to fire, relative to at will employees outside of government. A jury can conclude that your behavior on the job was worthy of literally millions of dollars in damages paid,  paid by the employer, and the employee might still retain his or her job.

Again, in my municipality, firing is not that tough. I've seen people yanked out after lunch and that's all she wrote. Sure, there was a certain process, but once they were put on leave that was it. And actually, the same happened to the one cop (small municipality, remember) who was guilty of some ethical violations. Though he was allowed to resign.

On 6/6/2017 at 4:41 AM, rehoboth said:

Jimmy was definitely bluffing but when you've got nothing to lose you will try anything to turn things around.  I think the reason the guy went along with Jimmy is that he (and Jimmy) are well aware that he is not doing things entirely by the book.  Not illegal but perhaps not entirely ethical.  He doesn't need anyone taking a closer look at his little fiefdom.

This is why I think he caved. 

On 6/6/2017 at 5:09 AM, ShadowFacts said:

Was Jimmy trying to play "Smoke on the Water" on his guitar?

"Trying" being the operative word. Or as my musician husband said "he's playing it wrong."

Edited by Clanstarling
  • Love 5

Your thoughts on why Mike would go to Gus with his $200K rather than simply purchasing a life insurance policy, with Kaylee/Kaylee's mom as beneficiary?  I realize that doesn't help him deal with his cash, but it's an easier way to provide for Kaylee.

What does he want Gus to do?  Launder the money? 

• Love 1
(edited)
33 minutes ago, AuntiePam said:

Your thoughts on why Mike would go to Gus with his $200K rather than simply purchasing a life insurance policy, with Kaylee/Kaylee's mom as beneficiary?  I realize that doesn't help him deal with his cash, but it's an easier way to provide for Kaylee.

Launder the money. He would have trouble explaining how he came up with $200K in cash. The IRS, for one, might take notice.

Edited by Gobi
Grammar
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

More importantly, Mike told the tribal police, "You better find HIM before the coyotes do."

The word "him" is not gender-specific. Some folks have argued for saying "him or her" in a context like this to be clear that you're not being specific, but I don't see Mike adopting a change like that.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, LoneHaranguer said:

The word "him" is not gender-specific. Some folks have argued for saying "him or her" in a context like this to be clear that you're not being specific, but I don't see Mike adopting a change like that.

Huh?  Where I come from  (which his probably similar to where Mike comes from), him means male and her means female.

27 minutes ago, AuntiePam said:

Yes, Gus, who runs a mainly cash business would add Mike's cash to the receipts of LPH as if they were food and beverage sales and then pay Mike by check as an employee or consultant, producing a W-2 or 1099 so Mike could declare the income on his tax returns.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Gobi said:

Launder the money. He would have trouble explaining how he came up with $200K in cash. The IRS, for one, might take notice.

He could have done both.  A life insurance policy would be paid with monthly or quarterly premiums, not a lump sum.  Of course, his body would not be found so there would be a big delay for the beneficiary, but he didn't know that. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, ShadowFacts said:

He could have done both.  A life insurance policy would be paid with monthly or quarterly premiums, not a lump sum.  Of course, his body would not be found so there would be a big delay for the beneficiary, but he didn't know that. 

I would think a whole life life insurance policy for a man of his age would be rather expensive and the IRS might question the source of the cash he used to pay the premiums.  Buying a life insurance policy with the already laundered money might be a good idea, though.

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

I would think a whole life life insurance policy for a man of his age would be rather expensive and the IRS might question the source of the cash he used to pay the premiums.  Buying a life insurance policy with the already laundered money might be a good idea, though.

I wonder if there's a part of Mike that doesn't want the money to be quite so thoroughly laundered. After all, he's just gone to a lot of trouble to return the Good Samaritan's body to his family, since he can't bear to think that they'd have to live with never knowing what happened to him. So imagine how bad he must feel about the possibility that his own family will never know what happened to him if his crimes end up catching up with him. Since he won't be around to dig up his own body, the only reassurance he can give Stacey and Kaylee if he falls off the face of the Earth is to gift them with a big, mysterious cash windfall, to demonstrate that whatever shady shit he was up to, he was doing it for them. If they just get, like, a perfectly reasonable insurance payout, that message doesn't come across.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Bannon said:

Yes it was a bluff that worked on a t.v. show. It is not a bluff that hardly any city employee is the United States we live in would find the least bit credible, and thus it is not a bluff that would actually work. Like I said, it isnt the biggest deal to me, since the only purpose of the scene was to to illustrate to Jimmy that doing simple legal work for even the lowest level drug dealers could be pretty profitable. I just wish they had wrtten it a little better. 

In Jimmy's case, this was a great lesson in the value of perseverance. Jimmy faced many setbacks and failures in a row. But he never gave up and he kept trying new things. One day, just by accident, while he was performing some public service, $700 landed in his lap after he spent five minutes and tried something and it worked. At that point, a big lightbulb flashes on and Jimmy sees how he can make more money with less work than ever before by defending criminals who have money - like drug dealers.

Most of the nice successes I have had in my life have all come after one or more heart breaking failures where I didn't give up but kept on punching. Then, like a miracle, I accidently stumbled onto some activity that led directly to a big success.

I am convinced that perseverance is the single most important key to success. People who give up automatically fail. They have no chance to succeed. But if they keep on punching and don't give up, they have a chance to do a lot better.

I think it's a tremendous life lesson. Something good to teach our children.

• Love 4

I thoroughly enjoyed this episode. Every storyline was well done and engrossing. I want to give special mention to Chuck's part. 

For most of the season, I feel like they've been turning the tables with Chuck and Jimmy. Chuck is coming toward the light, while Jimmy slips into the darkness. Chuck is now more fully realized and well-rounded. than ever before You can begin to sympathize with him. You can start to see his side. It was especially strong in this episode. They did a fantastic job of portraying someone coming to terms with an anxiety disorder. I fully believed it when he said it felt real to him, even as he acknowledged it might/must be all in his head. The scene with the psychiatrist and the grocery store scene were just so well-written and acted. I disliked Chuck so much in S1-2 that I didn't want them to make him more sympathetic. But they did, and Michael McKean did, and now I can't look at Chuck the same way. Not to say he's a saint; he's been high-handed, cold, and plain mean to Jimmy. But as Jimmy becomes closer to Saul, it seems more reasonable that Chuck might have had reason for some of his feelings about Jimmy.

As to the rest of the episode, I'm worried for Kim. She's taking on too much. Paige wasn't happy about her adding Kevin's friend to her workload. And this comes on top of Kim's outburst at Paige last week.

The music store guys were total jerks. They made a deal, and got the results they wanted for free. Now they want to renege. Then, the drug dealer on community service pays up even though he could have just skedaddled. You can see how it looks to someone who's going through what Jimmy's going through. It was awesome how Jimmy came into his own when giving it to the community service guy. He was totally in his element. Forget the ads; this is what he was born to do. To be a criminal lawyer.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Clanstarling said:

I'm right there with you.

That's what I remember seeing, and the conclusion I came to.

Not to mention it is the first legal fee Jimmy has taken from a drug dealer - the first definitive step toward the Saul in BB (imo). Just as Mike's deal with Gus is his first definitive step.

Well, I work for a small municipality, and I'd say that other than the cops (who have a strong union), I doubt that many of our employees would understand that this is a bluff. And, though the City would be liable for the legal fees, there's a case here in Oregon that has my employers worried. The state courts have determined that individual employees can be sued.  http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2016/03/blind_runner_who_stepped_into.html 

Again, in my municipality, firing is not that tough. I've seen people yanked out after lunch and that's all she wrote. Sure, there was a certain process, but once they were put on leave that was it. And actually, the same happened to the one cop (small municipality, remember) who was guilty of some ethical violations. Though he was allowed to resign.

This is why I think he caved. 

"Trying" being the operative word. Or as my musician husband said "he's playing it wrong."

Well, I'm more familiar with Albuquerque than I am Oregon, and in Albuquerque, it is a transparent bluff.

(edited)
15 hours ago, Dev F said:

No, it's definitely from his trip back home in season 1. Each actor is wearing one of the outfits from the grifting montage in that episode, and the dialogue explicitly mentions their initial con in the bar: "We got a $110 for a plain vanilla half dollar."

Sort of like how the W's ended game 3 with an 11-0 run.  

Edited by PeterPirate
  • Love 3
16 minutes ago, Juliegirlj said:

Hate to nitpick but, an ER doc not only treating Chuck, but making house calls?! I don't think so....

Seems unlikely on the face of it, but she could be a neurologist or other specialist moonlighting in the ER.  That's not uncommon.  As to the house call, Chuck is such an unusual case and she was so intrigued to learn he might be receptive to help that she couldn't say no.  The prosecutor made a house call, too.  He's a special one, that Chuck.

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, Juliegirlj said:

Hate to nitpick but, an ER doc not only treating Chuck, but making house calls?! I don't think so....

Inside the story, as pointed out earlier, she could have been consulting in the ER. He might be a test case for a paper she's writing. Or he's paying her good money.  Or she likes him and finds his case interesting.

"Come over my house and treat me and I'll personally pay you $500 per visit for your trouble." He's an interesting case and she likes him personally and his house is only five minutes away. She gives him medication and standard treatment and refers him to a professional. 

Not likely but not impossible. I'm willing to suspend my disbelief on that one. 

Outside the story, do we really want to introduce a new character with 3 episodes left in the season? 

• Love 1
18 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

Along the same lines, I originally thought Chuck would be mortified (assuming he lives to see it) when cheesy Saul Goodman ads start appearing on TV screens and bus benches all over ABQ.  But, now I am thinking Chuck might actually get pleasure and vindication from Jimmy becoming Saul. The ethics panel and everyone else in the legal community will know that Chuck wasn't crazy (well not about Jimmy anyway) and that he was right all along about his sleazy little brother being unfit to practice law.  

The best revenge Jimmy could have gotten on Chuck for keeping him from being a lawyer at HHM and deceiving him about it would have been to stay at Davis & Main and make a ton of money, or have a thriving, well respected elder care practice of his own, and become almost as well respected, and much more well like than Chuck in the ABQ legal community.  It would have driven Chuck (more) nuts to see Jimmy gain that sort of respectability and truly be a peer to him, after his con artist past and taking shortcuts like the University of American Samoa (Go, Land Crabs!).  

I actually think that would have been a perfectly appropriate "punishment" for Chuck.   

Well, Kyrie would be his #2 (Nacho), so he would do the beating.  There are several Cavs who have come up short (like Krazy-8), but I'd say either Tristan Thompson or JR Smith would take the beating. :)

Is Mike Steph and Gus KD or the other way around?  Actually, I think Mike would be Draymond Green, very tough, crafty and resourceful and a little dirty. :)

After watching last night's game, KD is definitely Gus.  His  go ahead 3 pointer, after quietly going about his business all game, was like Gus

Spoiler

casually cutting Victor's throat with the box cutter, after deliberately dressing in the laboratory gear. :)

50 minutes ago, LuciaMia said:

Did they mention what drug Nacho was switching on Hector? I assume it was something for high blood pressure.

In a prior episode, it was described as something similar to nitroglycerin.

21 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

Huh?  Where I come from  (which his probably similar to where Mike comes from), him means male and her means female.

The second entry on this page from Merriam-Webster seems to describe this situation pretty well (keep in mind BCS is set in 2002 and Mike is fairly old and set in his ways). As noted in the first entry, it is male when gender can be inferred.

On 6/6/2017 at 10:22 PM, AuntiePam said:

Impossible to tell if the hand was male or female, but there was a plain gold ring -- which is usually associated with a male.

IMO, the band didn't look thick enough to be a men's ring. If there was a gem, it could have been hidden in the dirt, and not everyone thinks a shiny rock is worth the expense, and will get his & hers plain gold rings.

(edited)
5 hours ago, LoneHaranguer said:

IMO, the band didn't look thick enough to be a men's ring. If there was a gem, it could have been hidden in the dirt, and not everyone thinks a shiny rock is worth the expense, and will get his & hers plain gold rings.

Depends on how old the wedding band is (ie how old the Good Samaritan was). Bands for men these days are thick indeed, but my first husband's wedding band from the 70's, and my father's wedding band from the 50's, weren't particularly thick by today's standards - barely heavier than a woman's plain band.

Edited by Clanstarling
Edited because it read too much like my first husband was my father.
  • Love 2
On 6/7/2017 at 4:13 PM, monagatuna said:

I got a call from a guy with a thick Indian accent accent a few days ago telling me he was from Microsoft and that I need to do stuff with my computer. I've also got e-mail from a Nigerian Prince telling me if I just send him $500 he'll send me $50,000. I wonder who falls for these things. Now I've got an answer, the Community Service guy. Slippin Jimmy has been running scams on people for years. He can recognize a good mark from across the room. He's had a few days to size up TCG. He guessed right that TCG was an easy mark who would crumble under pressure of a lawyer. I just watched the scene again and TCG looked totally unsure of himself within 10 seconds of Jimmy starting his pitch. He was an easy mark and Slippin Jimmy knew it. 

• Love 5