Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E09: Two Weeks Notice

• Start Topic

(edited)
4 hours ago, Yours Truly said:

I think this is exactly it and I find this to be a quite pleasant philosophy ESPECIALLY with people in their stages of life where they've tested the waters. Had other lives. Lived certain types of chapters and now find themselves still in a position to make certain kind of choices based on current factors AND NOT fairytale aspirations that they've learned aren't some guaranteed outcome that is destined to play out for everyone. Nothing wrong with reinventing the norm to what fits and I also want to say that having something like that come together nicely does warrant a happy and content reaction. Even giddyness. I don't think the giddyness is forced I would be giddy too if I've found someone "likeminded" and willing to move forward with the same intentions and goals. Just the gratefulness of having yet another go at what makes me happy in life would be enough for me to be excited and anticipating what the future holds.

This need to paint Lu's situation as something she SHOULDN'T be happy about just because societies standards aren't met is what truly bugs me. No, a woman doesn't have to hide in shame if they don't take offense to EVERY last thing society SAYS she should be outraged about.

Lu is the one who painted her situation as something she was not happy about. She was devastated when the pics came out of Tom with his tongue down his ex girlfriend's throat. So much so in fact if I recall, she moved out of Tom's apartment and to a hotel for a few days. She told Bethenny at the time that she found out about his dalliance that she and Tom did not have an open relationship. She also told the ladies that she did want to know if it happened again. As recently as a few episodes ago, which would have been November sometime, she told Ramona that Tom had better not be fooling around still. So she is the one who continued to say that she had a monogamous relationship and that is what she expected from Tom.

It seemed in this epi, two weeks before her wedding, that she had come to terms with the fact that that is not what she was going to get, but had made peace with it. She did not seem at all surprised by what Ramona and others were saying. But she had said, up until that point, that she expected monogamy from Tom. So I don't agree that the women are not letting Lu live the life she wants, when it appears she herself has changed the parameters of the life she wants. Which is fine, but not what she has said in the months leading up to her marriage. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 18
11 hours ago, ChitChat said:

I read an article by a psychologist once in which he said that most people are able to handle life's events, deal with them, and move on.  Then there are people (not criticizing them) that just can't get past them.  They get stuck and can't seem to move on.  It doesn't mean that most people don't forget the bad stuff, it's just that they process them differently and can go on with their life.   My hubby and one of his sisters is like that, but he has another one who gets "stuck."  All 3 went through the same losses, etc., and while 2 of them "came out the other side" (tm Carole), one of them has a harder time.  Then she acts like she's the only one who went through said crisis, and makes it all about her.   

I'm not trying to lessen whatever pain Jason is causing her, but that is how I see Bethenny.  It does seem that she's always upset about something, whether it's perceived or real.  As a viewer, it's hard to know the full extent of her problems since she seem to be exaggerating them (raised by wolves, homeless, tortured, etc.)

It's true. Some people over 40 are still talking about their childhood, some people never look back. Everyone has varying degrees of coping skills  

But I think Bethany is one of those people who uses exaggerated words as part of her style of speaking. I know I do. I am always starving to death, never hungry. When my husband is leaving the house and saying bye to the dog, I tell him to stop tormenting the dog because the dog can't go. I tell my husband is is torturing the dog for making,him think he has a chance of going with him.  I considered myself homeless when we stayed at a two bedroom extended stay Marriott for three months. It's just a style of speech. Not to be taken too literally.  

• Love 15
4 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Maybe Cookie bites people who walk around inappropriately in their undies and falsely notarize documents. A smart cookie indeed. 

The only one Cookie ever went at was the Wedding Coordinator - that was Cookie warning Bethenny not to marry the dipshit.

Cookie never attacked the Julie, Bethenny's assistants, the nurse who helped her when Bethenny was born. I have also never heard of any of the HW's complain about Cookie - we've seen Carole, Dorinda, Ramona around Cookie and no nervousness. There was even a clip of when Bethenny was recovering - Ramona goes into the bedroom and Cookie was all happy to see Ramona. Andy visited Bethenny when he first got Wacka and Cookie and Wacka played no problems. Cookie didn't attack Andy either.

• Love 17

I considered myself homeless when we stayed at a two bedroom extended stay Marriott for three months. It's just a style of speech. Not to be taken too literally.  

With all due respect, Lemons, the things you just described are things most of us say.  Bethenny is so literal in her words.  Didn't she own a house in the Hamptons when she feigned homelessness?    If not, she certainly had the means in which to rent a nice place during that time (she does know Fredrik - real estate guru, for crying out loud!)  I knew she wasn't literally homeless, but the histrionics over the situation was a little much, IMO. 

Andy visited Bethenny when he first got Wacka and Cookie and Wacka played no problems. Cookie didn't attack Andy either.

In all fairness to people that dogs don't take a liking too, it's not always about said person's personality!  We had a German Shepherd once that loved all of my son's friends except for one.  The young man was as nice as they came, but for some reason our dog barked at him every single time he stepped on our property!  We never figured out why.  Our dog alerted us to strangers and to this one kid!  

4 minutes ago, Lemons said:

Who are these people?

The Little Rascals!  Spanky and Alfalfa.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Lu is the one who painted her situation as something she was not happy about. She was devastated when the pics came out of Tom with his tongue down his ex girlfriend's throat. So much so in fact if I recall, she moved out of Tom's apartment and to a hotel for a few days. She told Bethenny at the time that she found out about his dalliance that she and Tom did not have an open relationship. She also told the ladies that she did want to know if it happened again. As recently as a few episodes ago, which would have been November sometime, she told Ramona that Tom had better not be fooling around still. So she is the one who continued to say that she had a monogamous relationship and that is what she expected from Tom.

It seemed in this epi, two weeks before her wedding, that she had come to terms with the fact that that is not what she was going to get, but had made peace with it. She did not seem at all surprised by what Ramona and others were saying. But she had said, up until that point, that she expected monogamy from Tom. So I don't agree that the women are not letting Lu live the life she wants, when it appears she herself has changed the parameters of the life she wants. Which is fine, but not what she has said in the months leading up to her marriage. 

Luann said at the Reunion she wanted to hear what Ramona had and Ramona balked.  She basically told Bethenny to shove it when Bethenny delivered a crude inquiry if she saw Tom fucking in public. 

When you are dealing with people who are so set against you just shut up and speak to your happiness.  None of these women had anything concrete and it was a very feeble attempt to try and get Luann to admit something she is not engaging in.  Luann wisely does not want to share with the unwell wishers.  Not her happiness, heartbreak or uncertainty because it is never enough.

• Love 9
On 6/1/2017 at 8:49 AM, ghoulina said:

I think Beth meant she doesn't share with those she's not close to. She and Lu aren't friends

Right. So why is Beth so invested in Lu's relationship with Tom? Stay the fuck out of it.

• Love 14
28 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

The only one Cookie ever went at was the Wedding Coordinator - that was Cookie warning Bethenny not to marry the dipshit.

Cookie never attacked the Julie, Bethenny's assistants, the nurse who helped her when Bethenny was born. I have also never heard of any of the HW's complain about Cookie - we've seen Carole, Dorinda, Ramona around Cookie and no nervousness. There was even a clip of when Bethenny was recovering - Ramona goes into the bedroom and Cookie was all happy to see Ramona. Andy visited Bethenny when he first got Wacka and Cookie and Wacka played no problems. Cookie didn't attack Andy either.

On the Bethenny Ever After thread on Bravo there are several scenes about Cookie and her "bitchiness".  The camera and production  crew had to wear ankle and shin protection because she frequently went after them.   Cookie is a repeat offender.

• Love 13
(edited)
6 hours ago, WireWrap said:

We're talking about Cookie, a dog that bites almost everyone other than Bethenny/Bryn (that we know of) and Bethenny left her in the apartment when Jason's parents were there. I have no problem with Jason putting her in a separate room and then taking her to a dog kennel when she wouldn't settle down.

We have a large dog, who is getting old.  She gets locked up when we have company.

Edited by ButterQueen
  • Love 4
On 6/1/2017 at 5:42 AM, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

All the thumbs up in the world to not enough middle fingers in the world. Bethenny is a psycho. 

FFS, she went from being consoled by Luann to immediately eviscerating her with Carole cackling and gossiping. I have no respect for that. 

If he called her Bernadette the context was most definitely him driving home the point that she's turning into everything Bethenny hates about her mother. 

Bethenny gets a high off of possession, something to acquire, a deal, an advantage, to control instead of being controlled. Treating Brynn that way will be something she regrets. 

Such succinct summation of Bethenny. There is nothing more emotionally draining than a person like her, who has suffered the most horrendous life that no one could even imagine. For Pete's sake, Bethenny, look at the world around you and try to put things into perspective. I can't say for sure what bullshit that Jason is up to, but he has a good relationship with his parents. Bethenny  is not demonstrating a very stable personality. Is there any evidence of her maintaining one single healthy positive relationship in her life? 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Trooper York said:

This is just another example of a egotistical douchenozzle Real Housewife who doesn't care enough about their pets to have them properly trained and socialized. If Cookie was as big as Kim Richards dog it would have done the same damage that dog did to her sisters kids.

If this dog continually bit people it seems only sensible to lock it in the large walk in closet with food and water. Or take it to professionals to take care of it. 

It is her dog and her responsibility. Not her estranged husband. Not her two year old child.

But the bigger question is....why are you torturing her.......why are you making her live in a dungeon.....why don't you realize that she was raised by wolves and never once got to go to a nice deluxe upper east side kennel........that would be too nice.....like a doggie spa or something.

Poor poor Alfalfa. alfalfaspanky.jpg

I agree, just because Cookie is a smallish dog doesn't mean she isn't a problem dog or that Bethenny was/is a good owner.

1 hour ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Who said that Jason was supposed to be minding the dog? Sounds like her assistant was there and had no idea that Jason had done any of this.  And why the fuck can't Jason, who is living in a home where he is not wanted, not paying for, and doesn't believe it necessary to dispose of his own human waste in, simply be careful not to do anything to harm the dog? How hard is that, and what does it matter where Beth was? It's not like she left the dog in a hot car. She left the dog in it's own home. Like millions of us do with our own pets every single day. Because it is their home. I wouldn't treat any animal that way. Jason did because it was a nice way to punish Beth. Otherwise, if he did have to remove the dog for whatever reason, he would immediately let her know so that she didn't panic. Or even better, ask her before he did it. As others have said, this is a traumatic experience for some dogs if they are not use to being in such an environment. If the story is true, it pretty much says all that would ever need to be said about Jason. 

Jason did not hurt Cookie, not at all and Bethenny has placed Cookie in kennels before (when she couldn't afford to pay someone to care for her in her apartment). Bethenny was more upset that he locked her in her large, walk in closet with her bed/food/water more than him taking her to the kennel. Bethenny did not have any of her employees at the apartment caring for Cookie and her "personal assistant" was with Bethenny out of town.

• Love 7
53 minutes ago, Lemons said:

It's true. Some people over 40 are still talking about their childhood, some people never look back. Everyone has varying degrees of coping skills  

But I think Bethany is one of those people who uses exaggerated words as part of her style of speaking. I know I do. I am always starving to death, never hungry. When my husband is leaving the house and saying bye to the dog, I tell him to stop tormenting the dog because the dog can't go. I tell my husband is is torturing the dog for making,him think he has a chance of going with him.  I considered myself homeless when we stayed at a two bedroom extended stay Marriott for three months. It's just a style of speech. Not to be taken too literally.  

I have a problem with the word "never".  ?

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, ButterQueen said:

We have a large dog, who is getting old.  She gets locked up when we have company.

We have had dogs that needed to be crated when company came over as well. I love my furbabies and I make sure they are safe and that my company is safe as well. That is my job, no one else's.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, berly57 said:

I'll join the cast-offs on the island that is in B's corner of the ocean. She can't get a break (I mean as far as what most everyone is saying). If she had stayed at the table and cried, she would have been called an attention whore . . . she chose to go into another room (& of course the cameras are going to follow) and, of course, she's still an attention whore. 

Yes, most of us in here certainly can't identify with her life and are thinking how the hell can you bitch about your life when you're rich, have a beautiful daughter, travel all over, etc., etc. But, we have no idea what is really going on w/Jason. I, for one, tend to give more credence to a judge's actions than Page Six. If Jason is indeed harassing her like has been implied, that is a horrible, horrible situation and would put such pressure on anyone. I think the reason we see B act the way she does is because of the fact that she doesn't share with many people. I think she gets pushed to a point where she just breaks down. But because we're used to seeing mostly the sarcastic, cutting side of her, when she does break down, all of a sudden we have no compassion.

Full disclosure, I had a horrible relationship with my mother . . . she was a horrid, horrid person. When Carol was saying that Jason had called B by her mother's name, that just set something off in me. A friend of mine did that once to me -- called me my mother's name & I can't tell you what that did to me. Took me quite awhile to get over it. If you haven't been through a certain situation, there is no way you can understand it -- and you shouldn't understand it. But, just have a little bit of empathy for other people's situations . . . 

Ugh I can not find a way to give you more likes!!! I'm off the couch cheering your post!!!

• Love 11

Too many indictments on what B should get over and/or accept. Maybe her threshold for pain is less than those handing out these morsels. Just because the biggest tragedy in my life is that I lost my beloved dog and someone's else's is that they lost a friend my pain shouldn't be marginalized. 

Everyone's pain is unique and personal. I work for a funeral home and cemetery and I see people react to deaths in very different ways but I will not minimize the pain of that family that can still laugh at the arrangement conference because the previous family cried through the whole meeting. 

Maybe B's inability to form that family that she's craved has affected her as much as a death affects someone else. This is the death of something she has craved, a family and to add insult to injury it's played out in the media (yes, quite a bit of that is her own fault). If she wants to use hyperbole to get her point across to others of how hurt she feels for what's happened then I'll let her have it. 

• Love 21
On 6/1/2017 at 8:03 AM, ChitChat said:

I don't know what to think about Jason & Bethenny.  I'd love to know the truth.  As far as the judge getting the whole truth, well, the truth can get skewed even when under oath.  I have a cousin who was going through a divorce a few years ago.  His soon to be ex-wife lied through her teeth before the judge and waged extreme accusations against him.  The judge bought it, hook, line, and sinker.  I'm not implying that Bethenny lied, but there could've been some embellishment from either side, and if you throw in a few tears,  that can be pretty persuasive. 

No one can be sure about what is going on between them. We can all speculate. Divorce is ugly and each party wants everyone else to believe that they are so hard done by. Bethenny fans are going to believe her and Bethenny non fans (like me) would prefer to see her ugly side and hope that Jason isn't the monster that she makes him out to be.

I know from experience that people can say, very convincingly, whatever they want in the midst of divorce and people will choose sides accordingly. 

I can accept that Beth has her fans. Not going to change their minds. They are not going to change mine.

That's what makes these boards interesting.

• Love 8
47 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

Such succinct summation of Bethenny. There is nothing more emotionally draining than a person like her, who has suffered the most horrendous life that no one could even imagine. For Pete's sake, Bethenny, look at the world around you and try to put things into perspective. I can't say for sure what bullshit that Jason is up to, but he has a good relationship with his parents. Bethenny  is not demonstrating a very stable personality. Is there any evidence of her maintaining one single healthy positive relationship in her life? 

The funny thing is, wasn't it Carole (or it may have been Heather) who called Luann a "one-upper"? when they first met?  If Luann is a "one-upper"  what does that make Bethenny?

• Love 11
On 6/1/2017 at 9:47 AM, Yours Truly said:

I think people also need to remember that the whole Hoppy situation was escalating while this season of RHONY was filming. The incident at the school happened at the end of January which resulted in Bethenny getting a temporary restraining order against Hoppy that doesn't expire until the end of July. For a judge to grant that (and one for such an extended amount of time), there had to be a ton of evidence to support it. You can't just get one because you don't like your ex.

I  was wondering about this. I know that in Ontario, Canada you can get a TRO without much evidence but I wasn't sure about New York so I didn't comment.

Does anyone have any experience with this in NY?

On 6/1/2017 at 10:05 AM, JD5166 said:

After a second watch I have to say this again, boo hoo Beth! Try having an absent father, very little child support and not a lot of money (and work 2 menial jobs in order to keep a roof over you and your 3 kids heads). This was my life growing up. 

Lu had her husband of 13 years (?) dump her via email having knocked up a much younger woman, you don't see her boo hooing all over the place! Then Bethanny  cryng all over Lu acting like she is sooooo concerned, then leaves the room to lay on the floor and trash her with her flying monkey. These two make me sick. Carole looks freakin awful. 

The way Bethanny tore Lu apart last season I can only imagine how she speaks to people OFF camera. I didn't watch her other shows so Hobby may be a psycho, but I  can only imagine the things she's said to him over the years! 

This, and then Dorinda losing her beloved husband to DEATH. Bethenny's frame of reference for HELL is so fucked up.

• Love 13
27 minutes ago, bagger said:

Too many indictments on what B should get over and/or accept. Maybe her threshold for pain is less than those handing out these morsels. Just because the biggest tragedy in my life is that I lost my beloved dog and someone's else's is that they lost a friend my pain shouldn't be marginalized. 

Everyone's pain is unique and personal. I work for a funeral home and cemetery and I see people react to deaths in very different ways but I will not minimize the pain of that family that can still laugh at the arrangement conference because the previous family cried through the whole meeting. 

Maybe B's inability to form that family that she's craved has affected her as much as a death affects someone else. This is the death of something she has craved, a family and to add insult to injury it's played out in the media (yes, quite a bit of that is her own fault). If she wants to use hyperbole to get her point across to others of how hurt she feels for what's happened then I'll let her have it. 

For entertainment purposes hyperbole is fine.  For legal purposes not so much so.  When so one is jumping up and yelling "Lie Ann" they need to realize their exaggerations are just as dangerous. 

There is nothing wrong with detailing what bugs you about your ex-until you make it Page Six material and cave before cross-examination.  If you are going to put it out there don't be surprised when someone wants to defend themselves.

I can only speak for myself but I do have a hard time with anyone who regularly eviscerates people for sport on TV and then cries a river whenever they feel their feelings have been hurt.  Being called by your mother's name, when you are at war with your ex isn't really criminal court behavior.  I have a hard time believing Bethenny doesn't return a few volleys. 

It is the comments about Tom's penis and screwing the entire Rockette's squad and then turning around saying he never got laid until he was rich (which last season he wasn't rich and screwing wealthy UES women who had money for gifts) those are the comments I find indefensible.  The entertainment value is limited compared to the hurt she inflicts.  Last year she was on Wendy Williams and related the whole season was so hysterical because Ramona wore macramé dresses when they went on vacation seven days in a row.  They never had a seven day vacation.  Last season wasn't hysterical it was very dark. 

• Love 17
1 hour ago, Happy Camper said:

Right. So why is Beth so invested in Lu's relationship with Tom? Stay the fuck out of it.

I think this is exactly what Beth understands. Once you bring your personal love life to the show, it becomes part of the narrative of the show. It is going to be discussed and debated. It just is. Lu introduced us to a dude that she said she met while he was on a date with another woman. She didn't much care, and was just really happy that she was the one he left with. To most women, this would be a huge red flag. He had also been seeing other women on the show, and at least in the case of Ramona, Lu cannot lie hard or fast enough to pretend like she was without a clue. That kind of thing - when done on a reality show - is going to make it fodder for conversation. I think that is why Beth likes to keep the men she really cares about away from the camera as much as possible. Lu on the other hand knows what folks think about her Tom Cat. Still, she brings him in as part of the discussion. In the next episode it looks like she really brings him in and openly discusses it all - all by herself, without any provocation from anyone else. She doesn't seem to mind and I can see why. It has been a nice little storyline for her. 

• Love 6
On 6/1/2017 at 10:21 AM, Pop Tart said:

That was what really turned it for me regarding Bethenny. I don't generally like her, but last night was thinking she was having some genuine moments. And the scene where she and Lu were alone and Lu was trying to comfort her was one of them. But the very next scene is her with Carole ridiculing Lu for what was some really pretty basic advice. That's where I think Lu was being genuine. When she says she looks forward and not back and was suggesting Bethenny be happy that she got Bryn out of the mess, that's not wrong advice. Sure Bethenny wasn't in a good place and Lu apologized when she realized that, but there's nothing inherently wrong with what Lu said. A lot of people feel that way. And heck it's healthy to do so. For all they get on Lu for being delusional, she seems like a very well-adjusted, self-aware person to me. Bethenny is none of those things.

The other way that Bethenny loses me is that she uses catastrophic language for everything regarding her own experience. She's being tortured, she's in a dungeon and will never get out, she's in hell... I can't even remember all of it, but when you get that dramatic and over-the-top in your language, I'm going to start side-eyeing what you're saying in a major way. And she does this with anything and everything to do with herself. All while barely acknowledging that others may have a point of view or opinion.

Someone upthread mentioned how the editing seemed off last night, I agree. I feel like we saw Sonja and Ramona get ready to go downstairs 3 different times, but this was all the same day wasn't it? I did laugh when they came down the second (3rd?) time, dressed like twins and entered the room with a kind of "ta-da" announcement of their presence and the other ladies were deep in discussion (I think Carole was letting them know how bad it was for Bethenny) and no one acknowledged S&R's entrance, so Ramona made another "ta-da" type noise and nothing. Made me laugh.

And Dorinda's house? There's a lot going on there decor-wise, but she certainly seems fond of velvet. Blue velvet couches in one room, purple velvet couches in another and Sonja and Ramona's headboard was also blue velvet.

Pop Tart, this is such a great post. Well done!

• Love 7
On 6/1/2017 at 10:37 AM, sadie said:

I have always loved Bethany's sense of humor but she is grating on me with the hysterics. I too suffered a very abusive marriage, like gothic tragic deep disturbing stuff. Guess what? I never drug my personal torture of it around with me to beat other people over the head with it. I'm an adult and I dealt with it in therapy. Most people have no idea what I went thru. Bethany needs serious help if this is really where her head and this is how she acts and it does not make for entertaining television. I agree having money does not insulate someone from pain and suffering, but I've spent time in women's shelters with women who had no resources at all, literally no where to sleep, not a dime to their name, small kids in tow, and were beat to within an inch of their lives and yet still managed to have a more positive demeanor than B. Girl, get off tv and get some help.

Luann dodged their concerns like a boss!!! That's how you do it folks.

Dorinda, I'll eat chicken at your house any time and I don't spill. 

Sadie, you have just put all in perspective for Bethenny.  I, too, have seen women in shelters dealing with the real HELL that Beth says she suffers from. She needs to get out into the real world.

And yes, I would love to eat chicken at Dorinda's.

• Love 9
7 hours ago, Otherkate said:

Someone would have to hold me back. 

It's weird though because I've seen Cookie on her snapchat with lots of other people around all the time. 

Did you watch Bethenny Ever After?  Cookie bit almost everyone, and Beth never had her put up when guests arrived.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I think this is exactly what Beth understands. Once you bring your personal love life to the show, it becomes part of the narrative of the show. It is going to be discussed and debated. It just is. Lu introduced us to a dude that she said she met while he was on a date with another woman. She didn't much care, and was just really happy that she was the one he left with. To most women, this would be a huge red flag. He had also been seeing other women on the show, and at least in the case of Ramona, Lu cannot lie hard or fast enough to pretend like she was without a clue. That kind of thing - when done on a reality show - is going to make it fodder for conversation. I think that is why Beth likes to keep the men she really cares about away from the camera as much as possible. Lu on the other hand knows what folks think about her Tom Cat. Still, she brings him in as part of the discussion. In the next episode it looks like she really brings him in and openly discusses it all - all by herself, without any provocation from anyone else. She doesn't seem to mind and I can see why. It has been a nice little storyline for her. 

Both Tom and Luann were on dates with other people.  Not terribly smooth.  Initially when Luann asked Bethenny excuse for not revealing her relationship with Dennis was that Luann was a man stealer.  She cited Luann stealing Tom away from Ramona (who went out on four dates months earlier and claimed she had a boyfriend in Colorado at the time).   Then it became that traditionally things did not fare well for Bethenny when she had a man on the show.  Now in February  of 2017, Bethenny is saying it is over, they are still in each others' lives but he is married.  So this season he is on and last season he was talked about by Bethenny to the other ladies-just not Luann.

They are suppose to be open about their lives so I don't think Bethenny should get a pass or Ramona's chronic dating should be nameless, faceless souls.  The show needs to show some couples again.  Even Season 1 Bethenny trotted out Jason C..  As women they should not be so quick to go after another's mate. 

I feel like Luann was somewhat unfairly targeted-the worst being when Ramona went up to the idiot at John's party and asked him to spill the dirt after he had accosted Luann. 

• Love 5
On 6/1/2017 at 8:22 PM, Trooper York said:

She is a vile and hideous creature. No wonder Satan Andy loves her so.

1350326054-0.jpgbethenny-frankel-mother-baby.jpg?auto=co

Damn you, Trouper York. I thought that Jason was the vile one but you had to bring up how much Andy adores Bethenny. That is enough evidence to sway the court.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Didn't Cookie go for that blogger guy and didn't Beth, when she was the richest homeless person in NY, told the doorman or whoever, don't pet her or go near her.  We have no idea of what goes on off camera but I don't recall much interaction aka playing with anyone or petting from anyone.  My impression of Cookie, long before the custody information, was that she is a nipper.  She did like Jason.  Jason was the one who walked her.  We saw that many times on Beth Ever After.

In any event, again, we have only one side of the story as to why Jason took Cookie to the doggie hotel.  Maybe Cookie was nipping and he put her in the storage room.  Maybe Cookie didn't like it and was barking.  Maybe Beth went out for the evening and assumed it was Jason's responsibility to take care of 'her' dog.  We just don't know.  I do know that in the past Jason was very loving and caring about Cookie.  Never abusive.  I also know that Beth exaggerates.  Maybe he was pissed that Beth assumed he was to take care of the dog.  Maybe words were traded before he said he took her to the doggie hotel.  Was it three hours or five minutes.  Who knows.  There's two sides and then there is the truth. 

• Love 9
13 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

All is forgotten when Luann and Sonja bring out the birthday cakes.

RHONY-recap-05.31.2017-luann-and-sonja-b

Sonja: That cake and I were in love until Lu stole it!

Dorinda promises not to spit when she blows out the candles and then all you hear is a spit symphony cascading out of her mouth.

Ha!

hahahahahaha!!!!!!! Hilarious!!!

• Love 3
9 hours ago, BBHN said:

You obviously need to sit your daughter down and tell her in no uncertain terms that in no way is that dog hers at all.

LOL.  My daughter will tell people that Biscuit (my Frenchie) is her brother and was my first baby. The dog is 7.5 and my daughter is 5.5 years old. Biscuit is also her dog and is just as much her brother as her human brother. We might have the opposite problem. 

8 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Makes you wonder if Cookie was feeling protective of something.  Maybe she was sensing something bad without B there.

Dogs are great at sensing things. I trust my dog's opinion of people. Granted, he likes pretty much everybody (especially if they have food) but I would definitely pay attention if he started snapping at people. 

6 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

I'm horrible. I don't lock Biscuit up. I live in a country where the majority of people are terrified of dogs. Whenever I have workers come over, I will warn them that I have a dog but I won't lock him up.  He is miserable and will not stop death yodeling if he is locked up. I will put him on a leash and keep him with me or my maid in a separate room from the workers but I won't lock him up. 

• Love 4
On 6/1/2017 at 4:27 PM, SweetieDarling said:

Why was Bethenny carrying her clutch purse around the house with her like a security blanket?

Obviously, that's where she keeps her stash of crackers.

9 hours ago, Lemons said:

Exactly. Not everything she (and others who use that style of speaking) says should be taken literally. 

5 hours ago, Martinigirl said:

LOL!!! “I banged a pirate on TV. I don’t embarrass easily.”

I think that was my favorite caption.

• Love 9
(edited)
9 hours ago, bagger said:

Too many indictments on what B should get over and/or accept. Maybe her threshold for pain is less than those handing out these morsels.

Many people on PTV have handled very difficult and emotionally troubling situations (dozens of stories shared in the Beverly Hills Housewives thread a few years ago, with a very understanding mod at the helm) so I don't think the assessment of Bethenny's toxicity is coming from a lack of depth, understanding or awareness.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 11
(edited)
14 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

On the Bethenny Ever After thread on Bravo there are several scenes about Cookie and her "bitchiness".  The camera and production  crew had to wear ankle and shin protection because she frequently went after them.   Cookie is a repeat offender.

12 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

Did you watch Bethenny Ever After?  Cookie bit almost everyone, and Beth never had her put up when guests arrived.

In my professional lifetime, I have seen actual thousands of people anthropomorphize their animals, some to a degree that causes them develop bad habits, some of which become dangerous. Now, we all talk baby talk to our pets and coddle them, yes. But, the problem with "Cookie da boo boo" (well the second problem after that ridiculous infantile nickname) is Bethenny views the dog as an extension of herself. Bad behavior gets no correction, being a bitch is desirable and makes her a tough top dog, Cookie is only allowed babying and coddling even when she exhibits vices, and gets no species appropriate correction and clear training on boundaries. Dogs are a species first! Many many owners will keep dog trainers in business for a lifetime because of this. Bethenny will not have Biggie and Smalls long I predict. They were just an accessory to try to curry favor with Beth Ostrosky of NSAL so B could get on Howard's show and/or she could try to lure Beth into RHONY casting. 

Overprotecting a dogs viscious aggression like Kim Richards dog, or Cookie da boo boo begets trouble. Dogs need to earn their food, and understand they are below the humans in the pack or they will automatically assume they are the leader. This has always bugged me about Cookie going way back. 

Bethennys rant about Jason locking up the dog is not about abuse, the way the dog was treated was wholly appropriate for a canine. Even the canine would agree if asked. Just Bethennys emotions and baggage run amok. That dog is a naughty spoiled bitch. The second she acted up for me, would be the second boundaries would be enforced. The dog, or Bethenny. 

5 hours ago, BBHN said:

Exactly. Not everything she (and others who use that style of speaking) says should be taken literally. 

When she actually states she is "literally" in a dungeon and torture chamber we should not take that literally ? 

Edited by Alonzo Mosely FBI
  • Love 13
12 hours ago, Lemons said:

I do this too and so do many of my friends. Most of the time it's to be humorous.

9 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

I think I only watched some of it - I got turned off at some point. All I'm saying is I watch her snapchat which is updated daily and Cookie is always around people in it. No one seems scared, so I don't know. 

1 hour ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

When she actually states she is "literally" in a dungeon and torture chamber we shoul not take that literally ? 

So many people speak this way that our dictionaries have literally updated the very definition of "literally" to include "figuratively" and "to add emphasis or effect". 

https://www.merriam-webster.com/words-at-play/misuse-of-literally

• Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, BBHN said:

Unless you are Drax the Destroyer, then no, you shouldn't

Bethenny, is that you?  ;)   When people constantly use words like torture, etc.  to describe their situation, after awhile it doesn't carry much weight (unless you truly are being tortured, which is a word I reserve for POWs and others being held against their will and are truly being tortured.)   Saying you're going through hell would be more equivalent to the situation, IMO.  People can lose their sympathy when things are always exaggerated.

Edited by ChitChat
  • Love 10
14 hours ago, Lemons said:

Right there with you. Lots of folks speak like this. Put something in front of me that I don't want to eat, I will tell you I would prefer to eat my own arm first. No one thinks I really intend to eat my arm. Last summer my cute niece spent a lot of time with me and when she got back home my brother called me to say she had picked up my tendancy to exaggerate. She said her leg hurt so bad it was literally about to fall off. This is now her preferred style of communicating. Hopefully people will forgive her. 

It's not like Beth thinks that people believe she is really homeless or whatever. When she said she was homeless she followed it up with all the places she actually had at her disposal in various ways. We are able to ascertain what she is trying to convey, while not actually believing her to be homeless. She isn't lying, she is exaggerating to explain how she feels. She knows she is not actually being physically tortured, but she feels tortured in her soul and doesn't see a way out of her mess. It's not that hard to understand really. 

• Love 18
(edited)
5 hours ago, film noire said:

Many people on PTV have handled very difficult and emotionally troubling situations (dozens of stories shared in the Beverly Hills Housewives thread a few years ago, with a very understanding mod at the helm) so I don't think the assessment of Bethenny's toxicity is coming from a lack of depth, understanding or awareness.

I didn't imply or explicitly say that her indictment was due to viewer lack of depth or understanding I said that perhaps B's threshold was lower than others and therefore her pain "is" hell for her. 

Everyone's assessment of their own pain is always going to feel worse to them. It's not to say that they don't get that there worse things out there that happen everyday to other people. It it doesn't minimize how they feel for themselves. 

Edited by bagger
Because I just woke up and wanted to add some more
  • Love 10
(edited)
29 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

She isn't lying, she is exaggerating to explain how she feels. She knows she is not actually being physically tortured, but she feels tortured in her soul and doesn't see a way out of her mess. It's not that hard to understand really. 

I understand that she's exaggerating - we all do to  some extent -  but after years of hearing how nobody understands what she's going through, or it's always the worst case scenario for her, well, it's like the boy crying wolf all of the time.  What is real?  What isn't?   I think that almost every conversation I've seen her have on this show, whether it's with the other HWs or her other friends, it always about what her problems are.  Don't get me wrong.  I do feel badly for her and for anybody who is going through some tough shit (we all do at one point or another), but it's the constant drum beat of "woe is me" that gets a little old. 

Edited by ChitChat
  • Love 9

I finally watched this episode. And all I can say is: My God, Bethenny, you're not the first or only female on the planet to go through a terrible divorce. Nor will you be the last. You alone don't own this particular brand of victimhood. 

And when you're finally tired of being a millionaire because it's not bringing you happiness, you can try giving it away.

• Love 17
(edited)
39 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

She isn't lying, she is exaggerating to explain how she feels. She knows she is not actually being physically tortured, but she feels tortured in her soul and doesn't see a way out of her mess. It's not that hard to understand really. 

I do not believe she is capable of communicating any other way, how will the exaggeration to explain how she feels method work under oath? 

Edited by Alonzo Mosely FBI
Hmm it won't let me type my response
  • Love 7
(edited)

Was Tinsley even in this episode?  Other than her "I was in a bad relationship" statement,  she is disappearing faster than the cheese plate. 

FYI Tinsley - I'm pretty certain it was the ex boyfriend that was in the bad relationship.

Edited by Martinigirl
  • Love 5