Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E20/S07: Where Are They Now? Milla & Charity LIVE CHAT Parts 1 & 2

• Start Topic

Just now, MrsRopersCaftan said:

It's the frigging easy pay, man. Gets me every time. I'm such a sucker for "get it home now for just a few dollars, and take six months to pay!" Home shopping is soooo like crack to me.

I think we need to start a support group!

Hi, my name is Stephannie and I have a home-shopping problem.  My addictions are shoes and exercise equipment!

• Love 7

She isn't standing? How. Very. Convenient. And "riding in a normal car"? Uh, no. You're riding in a car that is adapted to handle people in wheelchairs who can't get out of said wheelchairs. That's not a normal car. Better than an ambulance, yes. But not a normal car. 

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, Kid said:

OR GET A JOB!!!!!!

Baby steps - I'll take something productive on a daily basis! They seem to have no life skills;. I doubt Charley has the discipline to keep a job for very long.  Also - do we know if she even has a high school diploma?  My guess is no.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, CouchTater said:

I think we need to start a support group!

Hi, my name is Stephannie and I have a home-shopping problem.  My addictions are shoes and exercise equipment!

Hi, I'm Jen and my "drugs" of choice are jewelry and home appliances. I may or may not have like six easy pays going right now...

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Carrie said:

Baby steps - I'll take something productive on a daily basis! They seem to have no life skills;. I doubt Charley has the discipline to keep a job for very long.  Also - do we know if she even has a high school diploma?  My guess is no.

She could help out at a soup kitchen...or at an animal shelter...or even dusting the pews at her local church..

• Love 4
(edited)

Milla is the archetypal Now patient: comfortable in their infirmity and only willing to do something if it's easy.

Edited by junip
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Maggienolia said:

She isn't standing? How. Very. Convenient. And "riding in a normal car"? Uh, no. You're riding in a car that is adapted to handle people in wheelchairs who can't get out of said wheelchairs. That's not a normal car. Better than an ambulance, yes. But not a normal car. 

Why is it that some of these very large patients can walk, while others who are relatively smaller ( i.e. Penny) are immobile ir wheelchair-bound? This suggests some degree of choice involved, no?  "Let me become helpless so no one will expect anything of me? "

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, notyrmomma said:

She could help out at a soup kitchen...or at an animal shelter...or even dusting the pews at her local church..

Dusting pews is the only one of your options that might keep her from eating something.

• Love 3
Just now, Miracle Maxie said:

Laura and Chay in two weeks. I don't remember Laura, but is it wrong that I think Chay brings opportunities for epic snark? (Just assign me my gasoline-soaked undies now, I guess.)

The thing with Chay is that we will have to tread lightly because of his transgender status

• Love 1
Just now, Carrie said:

Why is it that some of these very large patients can walk, while others who are relatively smaller ( i.e. Penny) are immobile ir wheelchair-bound? This suggests some degree of choice involved, no?  "Let me become helpless so no one will expect anything of me? "

This is why I question the "food addiction" thing...God knows I'm no expert, but dayeem...a little common sense?!?

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Miracle Maxie said:

Laura and Chay in two weeks. I don't remember Laura, but is it wrong that I think Chay brings opportunities for epic snark? (Just assign me my gasoline-soaked undies now, I guess.)

Chay??!! OMG!! I can't wait!!

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Miracle Maxie said:

Oh...Lord...lmao...

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, MrsRopersCaftan said:

It's the frigging easy pay, man. Gets me every time. I'm such a sucker for "get it home now for just a few dollars, and take six months to pay!" Home shopping is soooo like crack to me.

I hear you. I had fraud charges on my credit card (not QVC related) and  had to go over my monthly charges  with the credit card rep.  I was getting embarrassed by verifying  all the  QVC charges on my card for that month. Yes, it had to be around Christmas.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, MrsRopersCaftan said:

Unless you subscribe to the Penny and James way of measuring weight loss and just go by skin "looseness".

LMAO! It still makes me laugh thinking of James saying he felt looser and that the mattress made him look heavier.

• Love 8
19 minutes ago, notyrmomma said:

OK fine, don't get a job, but why don't Charity and Charley volunteer somewhere.  Sitting around the house all day doesn't help anything.

Or, shoot even  get up  and take a walk  outside .  Read a book ,  take up coloring , DO SOMETHING . 

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, gigiann said:

According to Houston TX Foster Parents are allowed $687 per mo for each foster child.  IF any of them are deemed to have any disability which could include ADHD or a learning disorder they could potentially receive an additional $79 - $500 per child based on the calculations of the Social Worker.  Plus the children quality for mental expenses.  The family would be eligible for housing assistance and food stamps.  If the parents also qualify for disability....this could be $700 - $1000 per person.  So you can actually see this could be fairly financially profitable.  I ready a Judge Judy book where she was shocked to see some families had $150,000 to $200,000 a year in income from this situation and she was furious this was a loophole.  So Milla could afford those QVC steaks.

Great to see you here gigiann!

Well shit, that totally pisses me off especially in Milla's case a morbidly obese woman and her sick husband are allowed to take in these kids who do EVERYTHING for her including risking injury carrying her ass around on a sheet AND she gets paid for taking care of them!?

Oh Milla you have no fucking idea how much you weigh, so please take that gentle, sweet voice and STFU!

• Love 8
1 minute ago, notyrmomma said:

The thing with Chay is that we will have to tread lightly because of his transgender status

Hey, we can snark about her style choices just like we snark about Kim Kardashian.

• Love 9
Just now, notyrmomma said:

Since when did being transgender exempt a person from being snarked?  I can guarantee you that if Chay is doing poorly with her weight or looks like shit, I'm commenting!

• Love 12
1 minute ago, Azubah said:

Hey, we can snark about her style choices just like we snark about Kim Kardashian.

Per the last show, his style choices appeared to be channeling that of his late grandmother...

• Love 9
1 minute ago, MsVixen said:

Since when did being transgender exempt a person from being snarked?  I can guarantee you that if Chay is doing poorly with her weight or looks like shit, I'm commenting!

As long as we don't get scolded by admin...

• Love 1
Just now, MsVixen said:

We don't allow transphobic comments--and please use the correct pronoun--but her clothes, makeup, hair etc can all be snarked on. But no "She's a man, baby" stuff.

I don't think it will be a problem though. And we'll all figure it out. 

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, notyrmomma said:

oh, I don't know about that . . . there will be plenty to snark on. It's pretty much all fair game on this show, IMHO. Besides, I didn't get those gasoline-soaked undies for nothin'.

• Love 2
Just now, frenchtoast said:

We don't allow transphobic comments--and please use the correct pronoun--but her clothes, makeup, hair etc can all be snarked on. But no "She's a man, baby" stuff.

I don't think it will be a problem though. And we'll all figure it out. 

Warned you...lol.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

LMAO! It still makes me laugh thinking of James saying he felt looser and that the mattress made him look heavier.

This one time, I thought I gained like 60 pounds, but it turns out it was just the extra-fluffy air mattress I was lying on.  Whew! Talk about a relief!

• Love 9