Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E20/S07: Where Are They Now? Milla & Charity LIVE CHAT Parts 1 & 2

• Start Topic

Just now, sainte-chapelle said:

Husband " this show is gross why don't you DVR and watch later"

me " I'll miss the live chat fun..... aw my legs."

husband " ......."

I love you guys and this board!!!  I could easily "like" each and every post. 

Once we know when this show is going on hiatus, we'll all have to agree to meet up in another forum.

• Love 14
(edited)
4 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

The ads are annoying, stfu Jeremiah you trashy wife beater

Who are you talking about?  I'm seeing ads with Nate & Jeremiah, but I never heard Jeremiah Brent was a wife beater.
I also wondered why Charley didn't got to a therapist, with or without Charity.
I wonder if Milla's sons don't work, because they aren't always all there.

Edited by auntjess
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, auntjess said:

Who are you talking about?  I'm seeing ads with Nate & Jeremiah, but I never heard Jeremiah Brent was a wife beater.

I think she was talking about Jeremiah on the Return to Amish show (which is also on TLC).

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Azubah said:

Does Charity have teeth?

No teeth.  It doesn't seem to slow her down eating steaks and other foods.   I get the heebie jeebies when they show her eating, her jaw coming up almost to her nose.   Why do they always show eating up close?  

• Love 3
7 hours ago, MrsRopersCaftan said:

Their relationship skeeves me out so badly. He just seems so...not all there.

I think Tony was taken advantage of by Charity.  You can tell his doesn't have more than a lick of sense.  Bless his heart.  He seems like a lost puppy now that she has regained some of her independence, and won't sex him up four times a day anymore.   Maybe he will take care of Charity when she becomes bedbound.   

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Azubah said:

"For one meal a day, I"m letting us cheat"  Oh yeah, this will go well.

Charity is digging in the food bag and stuffing her face.  I think it works like this...  you reach in and quickly eat whatever you can get your hand on (waffle fries)  before you have to divvy up the food.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, DC Gal in VA said:

For Fuck's Sake Charity, please stop with that toothless chewing or gummin' or whatever!

Amen!  

7 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

I have a shiny quarter Charlie doesnt come back from the fast food run w a grilled chicken salad.

She probably ate her dessert on the way home. 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, OSM Mom said:

Love their fancy curtains. Bedsheets to the rescue  

It's the duct tape that gives it a certain flair. 

7 hours ago, Kid said:

Maybe Dr. Now can throw in a set of dentures while he's at it.  She is gumming gum!!!

How do you eat steak with no teeth???

• Love 2
7 hours ago, 55Unicorns said:

I haven't seen the dim bulb boyfriend...

He's there, looking like the whipping dog.  Doesn't know what is going on and that he may lose his place in the haus.

7 hours ago, 55Unicorns said:

I haven't seen the dim bulb boyfriend...

• Love 2

Charity's shirt (or is it dress?) looks like a hospital gown.  I just can't get the image out of my head.

PS  OMG Is that a tie?  Is she actually going around town in a hospital gown?  

PPS  OK, she just changed for the visit.  I am relieved.

Edited by Hellga
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Dr. Now's laying down the law to Charity and Charly. He's not having their half-assed excuses. And he's just *not* having Charity's smoking again.

No, Charity, you're not getting skin removal surgery yet. 

• Love 4

So is Charity smaller than her sister now? And her fiance traded her in?

2 minutes ago, Hellga said:

Charity's shirt (or is it dress?) looks like a hospital gown.  I just can't get the image out of my head.

It was.

"Dr. Now just doesn't understand..."

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Hellga said:

It’s a shirt. She took her pants off before Dr Now came in the examination room. Oh wait - it was a gown. She just put a tee shirt on. 

• Love 1
Just now, ams1001 said:

So is Charity smaller than her sister now? And her fiance traded her in?

He must be one of the fat fetish guys...

Milla looks a lot smaller, so why the heck is she still in a wheelchair?

• Love 4

Milla looks a lot smaller, so why the heck is she still in a wheelchair?

She hasn't walked in years and her legs are atrophied.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

This just keeps getting weirder and weirder.

1 minute ago, ShortyMac said:

I really wish they were showing this another night. I can’t snark properly - last show was too emotional:(

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, ShortyMac said:

She supposedly has been doing (or supposed to have been doing) physical therapy for a long time.  If she wanted to, she would have. 

• Love 8
Just now, Hellga said:

She supposedly has been doing (or supposed to have been doing) physical therapy for a long time.  If she wanted to, she would have. 

I do think it's psychological/psychosomatic. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, ams1001 said:

At least she's closer to his age..? (They said she was the youngest, right?)

I guess so - Charity is the oldest, the disabled/handicapped one is the middle, and the other one (Dusty??) is the youngest.

And this hookup happening at a family reunion? Sheesh. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, ShortyMac said:

I do think it's psychological/psychosomatic. 

As Dr. Now is saying, she is afraid of the pain.  I am in occupational therapy right now (I broke my arm three weeks ago and had surgery a couple days later) and yes it hurts to do the exercises, but I can see small but meaningful improvements every day.  Plus, while on disability and a bit scared about myself, I have been reading a lot about rehab, and all the articles seem to agree that fear of pain is the biggest factor affecting long-term outcomes.  I am more scared of overdoing it but I think I know my body enough to stop before I push too far.  I do know plenty of people who would stop at the first sign of pain which is where you don't actually get any improvement even if you go through the motions.  And it's important to focus on using the right muscles and stretching the right tendons to do movements vs. simply completing the movement.   Nothing a person working with a competent therapist can't figure out, though, if she wants it.  I do think Milla is afraid of both the actual pain of movement and of trying to figure out the new life for herself once she is mobile.  If she can't be in bed and demand to be waited on hand and foot, she will have to figure out maybe getting a job or at least taking care of the house, cooking, etc.  - she is probably really scared of dealing with all of that too. 

• Love 10

As Dr. Now is saying, she is afraid of the pain.  I am in occupational therapy right now (I broke my arm three weeks ago and had surgery a couple days later) and yes it hurts to do the exercises, but I can see small but meaningful improvements every day.  Plus, while on disability and a bit scared about myself, I have been reading a lot about rehab, and all the articles seem to agree that fear of pain is the biggest factor affecting long-term outcomes.  I am more scared of overdoing it but I think I know my body enough to stop before I push too far.  I do know plenty of people who would stop at the first sign of pain which is where you don't actually get any improvement even if you go through the motions.  And it's important to focus on using the right muscles and stretching the right tendons to do movements vs. simply completing the movement.   Nothing a person working with a competent therapist can't figure out, though, if she wants it.  I do think Milla is afraid of both the actual pain of movement and of trying to figure out the new life for herself once she is mobile.  If she can't be in bed and demand to be waited on hand and foot, she will have to figure out maybe getting a job or at least taking care of the house, cooking, etc.  - she is probably really scared of dealing with all of that too. 

I have dealt with that, as well. I have cerebral palsy, and when I first took exercising seriously in 2014, I thought I was dying after only a few minutes of work.

The body will always try to take the easy way out, it's just our survival instincts; there is a difference between 'this is new territory for my body physically' and injury/strain/overuse pain.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

Wait wait wait wait.

Did I just hear "My sister is pregnant, and Tony's the father."

Did I hear that?

7 minutes ago, Smoothcoat said:

Omg! The sister is pregnant with the ex-fiancés baby!?! This just keeps getting weirder!

She didn't say ex!!

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

Wait wait wait wait.

Did I just hear "My sister is pregnant, and Tony's the father."

Did I hear that?

She didn't say ex!!

No she said Tony. I assumed he is now an EX, right? 

• Useful 1

Even if Charity really is in pain, more opioids is not the right answer.   In fact, reducing the use of them may be a strategy.  Though if Dr. Now, who has spent a lot more time with her, and in person, not on screen, thinks she is just seeking to transfer her addiction (food, nicotine, alcohol she has already cycled through) to opioids, then I believe him over her.

• Love 8

Yoohoo, overdose.  How did she manage to do it?  Did she smuggle some in from outside?   I mean, I remember some patients who managed to get cocaine delivered to them while there were in the ICU...  lucky for her she was in the facility where they could intubate right away. 

• Love 3

NO sympathy for Charity.  She is an addict, addicted to everything, and if her daughter was real smart, she would get the hell away from her.  As FAR away from her and she can get!!

All of that effort wasted on somebody who will never change.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

Yoohoo, overdose.  How did she manage to do it?  Did she smuggle some in from outside?   I mean, I remember some patients who managed to get cocaine delivered to them while there were in the ICU...  lucky for her she was in the facility where they could intubate right away. 

I’m not positive Charly is innocent but who knows! This is nuts. 

I need this to be over so I can go to bed! Come on Milla!!! 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Smoothcoat said:

That really was some walker! But she did it, whew. 

Must be some kind of a special inpatient use only walker... for training how to do it vs. actually going out and about unassisted as most walkers are designed to be.

1 hour ago, Hellga said:

At least Milla has started walking, finally.  Even if with a super-walker.  

I think that's as good as it gets. Milla is too set in her way ...

Edited by AVM
  • Love 4

This thread will include discussion of both Parts 1 & 2 of the Milla and Charity updates.

Original episode was in season 05.  Part 2 aired on 27 March 2019 and will air again 4 April 2019.  We will unlock the LIVE CHAT thread during the showing on 4 April 2019. 

• Love 1