Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E20/S07: Where Are They Now? Milla & Charity LIVE CHAT Parts 1 & 2

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, notyrmomma said:

The hell is wrong with these chicks?  Mad skills to gain after gastric bypass....mad skills 

As I've mentioned, I looked into the surgery and opted out. Until recently, I was still on a board for older women who had/will have gastric sleeve. It was so sad to see woman after woman talk about weight gain after the surgery. Yes, some are successful, and I guess the very successful don't post to FB pages, but dang. It was depressing.

And, a friend who admitted that she had the regular WLS years ago and who is still very big told me, "You'll gain weight." Well shoot, I didn't need to reroute the plumbing (and risk making my son an orphan) for that...  I won't even get into the ones who are just sick post-surgery - this doesn't work, they're back in the hospital for that, whew! It seems wonderful when it works, but there are a lot of things that can happen.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Armchair Critic said:

Sometimes when I am home alone I will put QVC or HSN on for background noise. Though I will admit a few times I got sucked into a presentation and may have ordered something. ;)

@aliya, @Armchair Critic, @DC Gal in VA - count me in. I will turn it over the QVC is nothing else is on and I don't have a lot of time to sit and watch. They get so EXCITED about every product. I generally don't order (though I did just break down and get some of IT mascara) but I have been sorely tempted on many occasions. :) 

• Love 5

Wouldn't it be nice if your biggest "accomplishment" of the day was being hauled like an enormous sack of potatoes to a table where you sat and prepared some food. How do I get a life like that? I'm so totally over getting up and walking. I've been doing it for 45 years. That's enough, right?

• Love 18
2 minutes ago, Carrie said:

Why aren't they going to a therapist regularly?  Christ. Charley is acting out against her Mother who abandoned her for food 10 years ago.  Plus - she has no goals apparently, so she needs momma fat and immobile to have a purpose in life.  Sick. Sick. Sick. 

This is far more spot on than anything that therapist said to Charity, IMHO.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Maggienolia said:

@aliya, @Armchair Critic, @DC Gal in VA - count me in. I will turn it over the QVC is nothing else is on and I don't have a lot of time to sit and watch. They get so EXCITED about every product. I generally don't order (though I did just break down and get some of IT mascara) but I have been sorely tempted on many occasions. :) 

I just like the kitchen gadget shows. I'm on a FB page for that and we have a great time watching the shows, spending our kids' inheritances on expensive stand mixers, and giving product reviews.

• Love 2
Just now, Maggienolia said:

I ordered my computer off HSN. The host was practically having an orgasm over it and I felt like the lady in the restaurant in 'When Harry Met Sally' saying "I'll have what she's having". 

• Love 11
Just now, Armchair Critic said:

I ordered my computer off HSN. The host was practically having an orgasm over it and I felt like the lady in the restaurant in 'When Harry Met Sally' saying "I'll have what she's having". 

LMAO...

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, aliya said:

As I've mentioned, I looked into the surgery and opted out. Until recently, I was still on a board for older women who had/will have gastric sleeve. It was so sad to see woman after woman talk about weight gain after the surgery. Yes, some are successful, and I guess the very successful don't post to FB pages, but dang. It was depressing.

And, a friend who admitted that she had the regular WLS years ago and who is still very big told me, "You'll gain weight." Well shoot, I didn't need to reroute the plumbing (and risk making my son an orphan) for that...  I won't even get into the ones who are just sick post-surgery - this doesn't work, they're back in the hospital for that, whew! It seems wonderful when it works, but there are a lot of things that can happen.

weight gain happens...but you have to work for it.  I had the sleeve 2 1/2 years ago.  I still can't eat a lot at once (I just tried to eat a banana for a snack and could only eat 1/2), but you can eat all day.  The key is to keep busy and away from easy access food.

• Love 3

Can't they take a walk together instead of staring at each other from their respective couches deciding what to have for lunch? These people need life coaches.  They wouldn't understand a goal or a "to do" list if they tripped on one.

• Love 12
5 minutes ago, Carrie said:

Why aren't they going to a therapist regularly?  Christ. Charley is acting out against her Mother who abandoned her for food 10 years ago.  Plus - she has no goals apparently, so she needs momma fat and immobile to have a purpose in life.  Sick. Sick. Sick. 

The way she's going, Charley will be fat and immobile and then they'll REALLY be in a pickle. But then, I guess that will give the fiancé/uncle renewed purpose? It'll certainly keep the therapist in business! 

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, CouchTater said:

And again, how do Charity and Charley afford 1 (x 2 people) fast food meals a day???!!!  I make a good living, there's just 1 of me, and I'd feel it if I was spending at least $50-$60 just on 1 fast food meal/day, plus regular groceries.  I had Burger King for lunch yesterday (a burger and a shake [delish!!!]) and that cost me $8.  multiply that by 7, for 2 people, and that's $112 for the week! 

This always drives me nuts! What the Hell do they have left over for, I dunno silly stuff like rent, utilities, .....

At least we know Charity ain't spending $$$ on Fixadent!

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
1 minute ago, notyrmomma said:

OK fine, don't get a job, but why don't Charity and Charley volunteer somewhere.  Sitting around the house all day doesn't help anything.

I was just thinking about that. Charley may be heavy but she is young and mobile enough to get a job. First of all, it would help burn a lot more calories than sitting around all day. Secondly, I think it would be a very good thing for her mental status. Being with her mom all day is doing no good. 

• Love 3
(edited)
6 minutes ago, Maggienolia said:

My friend, also a QVC watcher, and i love to snark on the hosts & the sizes they claim to be on the clothing episodes.  

Edited by Barb23
  • Love 6
Just now, notyrmomma said:

weight gain happens...but you have to work for it.  I had the sleeve 2 1/2 years ago.  I still can't eat a lot at once (I just tried to eat a banana for a snack and could only eat 1/2), but you can eat all day.  The key is to keep busy and away from easy access food.

I might be going to hell quicker in a handbasket (in my gas soaked drawers), but at this point in life, I have a hard time keeping weight ON...I'm getting a little worried.

• Love 5
Just now, Armchair Critic said:

It's fun for me, checking out what they're selling, trying to decide if I'm buying.  I do 95% of my shopping online now, and QVC and HSN are just extensions of that.  It can be dangerous, though.  I'm already a spontaneous buyer, and those 2 channels are like crack for me.  Luckily I don't eat 1 fast food meal per day, so I have some disposal income for it.  Hee.

• Love 11

According to Houston TX Foster Parents are allowed $687 per mo for each foster child.  IF any of them are deemed to have any disability which could include ADHD or a learning disorder they could potentially receive an additional $79 - $500 per child based on the calculations of the Social Worker.  Plus the children quality for mental expenses.  The family would be eligible for housing assistance and food stamps.  If the parents also qualify for disability....this could be $700 - $1000 per person.  So you can actually see this could be fairly financially profitable.  I ready a Judge Judy book where she was shocked to see some families had $150,000 to $200,000 a year in income from this situation and she was furious this was a loophole.  So Milla could afford those QVC steaks.

• Love 5
41 minutes ago, aliya said:

Oh no!  We are having major thunderstorms go through and the lights are blinking. If the power goes out and I miss my show I will walk to the darned electric company and hurt somebody.

You sound  like my grandmother , the power  better  not go out,I'll  miss my shows .

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Carrie said:

Can't they take a walk together instead of staring at each other from their respective couches deciding what to have for lunch? These people need life coaches.  They wouldn't understand a goal or a "to do" list if they tripped on one.

OR GET A JOB!!!!!!

• Love 7
1 minute ago, notyrmomma said:

My friend is 10+ years out and easily 300 lbs. Her plates look like everyone else's. You'd think that the early restriction on how much you can eat would help avoid that, that you would just get into the habit of eating less, but it doesn't seem that way. Several people on the show have gone back to eating what they wanted soon after the surgery (Penny for example) and as we've seen from the 'where are they now' shows, weight gain is not unusual. I'm glad you are doing well.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, CouchTater said:

It's fun for me, checking out what they're selling, trying to decide if I'm buying.  I do 95% of my shopping online now, and QVC and HSN are just extensions of that.  It can be dangerous, though.  I'm already a spontaneous buyer, and those 2 channels are like crack for me.  Luckily I don't eat 1 fast food meal per day, so I have some disposal income for it.  Hee.

Like crack is no lie. I am ashamed to admit I have missed church to watch In the Kitchen with David.

• Love 9
Just now, SkinnyMinnie said:

Morbidly obese...check   Toothless...check  Bowling Alley...check

they obviously don't bowl...they all bowl like toddlers.  They should have put up the bumpers.

• Love 5
(edited)

In all seriousness, I think these folks would benefit from basic culinary lessons. Might help them actually ENJOY their meals and stick to their eating plans versus choking down what looks like cat food. 

Edit: Sorry, I'm behind. Doing chores and pausing. 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, aliya said:

Like crack is no lie. I am ashamed to admit I have missed church to watch In the Kitchen with David.

It's the frigging easy pay, man. Gets me every time. I'm such a sucker for "get it home now for just a few dollars, and take six months to pay!" Home shopping is soooo like crack to me.

• Love 9