Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E20/S07: Where Are They Now? Milla & Charity LIVE CHAT Parts 1 & 2

• Start Topic

One night only!  We will reopen this LIVE CHAT during tonight's showings of the Milla and Charity supersized edition.  So many Pounders missed the initial showing last week (Thanks TLC execs with the inability to correctly label your product across multiple media!), that we decided to run a LIVE CHAT tonight. 

If you haven't seen this yet, this is your chance to snark along with the Pounder Pound!  Will Milla walk again?  Will her exceptionally sweet children snap and smother her in her sleep?  Will Charity lose her wings?  What will happen with her boyfriend? Will her daughter, Charly, battle her for the heaviest person in the family?  Let's find out!

This thread will be open during the US East Coast showing and again during the US West Coast showing.  

• Love 3

Part 2 Episode Description:image.png.fa8dc14e922a72998f949541cad99ebf.png

Milla is grieving the loss of her husband, Elroy, and still dependent on her children.  Charity is in a deep depression while her daughter, Charly, is battling food addiction. Can they turn things around and reach their goals? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

My eating habit tonight was pasta and wine neither of which was acquired from a drive-though window. 

2 minutes ago, Donut Bear said:

What is this show?  Is this a Where Are They Now?  New or a repeat?

It's new!

ETA: Well, a 'new' Where are They Now?

2 minutes ago, Donut Bear said:

What is this show?  Is this a Where Are They Now?  New or a repeat?

This is a where are they now on Milla and Charity.  This is part 2 which was show AFTER Kelly's episode so we did not realize it was new.  TLC!!!!!!!! [shakes paw at sky!]

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Oh, god. This must be a supersize episode where we get fascinating bon mots like "Charly likes to play Bingo with her mom." 

giphy.gif

Supersized fun fact!

"Charlie likes living in Houston to be close to the beach because Cedar Rapids doesn't have one."

This "No Shit, Sherlock" moment has been brought you by TLC.

Just popping in to say good for Esau for staying in Houston. Milla was going to turn him into her permanent caretaker if he didn't. And her feeling abandoned? Made me want to slap her. Your kids are supposed to be free as adults, not tethered to you. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

(Thanks TLC execs with the inability to correctly label your product across multiple media!), that we decided to run a LIVE CHAT tonight. 

They've been doing this on other shows too, and it's playing havoc with my DVR scheduling.

• Love 1
(edited)

What is wrong with this Mila person that she has to be transported in a tarp.  She is not that huge, why can’t she at least stand up.  Were her feet amputated? Maybe it’s the “stress”

Edited by Donut Bear
  • LOL 4
6 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

I was just thinking, how could I live without these tidbits!

8 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

Oh, god. This must be a supersize episode where we get fascinating bon mots like "Charly likes to play Bingo with her mom." 

giphy.gif

We were supposed to be at a screening of Star Trek II this evening.  Then William Shatner was going to talk to us.  Sadly, it was cancelled last week.  Bummer.

3 minutes ago, fonfereksglen said:

We were supposed to be at a screening of Star Trek II this evening.  Then William Shatner was going to talk to us.  Sadly, it was cancelled last week.  Bummer.

Perhaps he wasn't up for it.  Amazingly, he turned 88 a couple weeks ago.

• Love 3
Just now, PrincessPurrsALot said:

At this weight, Charity could perhaps consider a bra.  Even a sports bra that actually fit would be a big improvement. 

I have been thinking that someone should start a fund...I just want to SUPPORT her...

• LOL 5
8 minutes ago, fonfereksglen said:

Major Trekkie here and that's a tragedy!

• Love 3

And TLC can please stop with telling me that Charly liked to spend her time at a Cedar Rapids library. Because the only thing Charly was doing at a library was getting high behind the trash cans out back near the parking lot.

1 minute ago, DC Gal in VA said:

why doesn't Milla at least get a walker and use it to just stand and/or take a few steps every day? 

If I were getting a free ride around my house, I'd be loathe to pass that up. But I can't seem to train my cats to do that...not just yet, anyway.

In other news, watching this show has gotten me re-dedicated to working out after about an 18 month hiatus. Currently doing 30 minutes of movement daily for April to ease back into it. 

• Love 8
16 minutes ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

At this weight, Charity could perhaps consider a bra.  Even a sports bra that actually fit would be a big improvement. 

Hmm, now where have I seen someone selling things like this, for plus-sized women? 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2