Type keyword(s) to search

Season 19 Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

Alex telling Paul she would vote for him was a face saving device.  She didn't want to let him know she was upset.  She is the strong woman who acts like a man, remember.  She took it on the chin, high five, ya got me.  Someone who hates Kevin for emptying the trash because he thinks that is cool, is not going to lie down belly up.  She is furious but holding it together.  She said to the camera that she was going to keep it classy.  I guess that means she is not going to rage.  That girl doesn't know classy. 

• Love 7
1 minute ago, house864 said:

You could say that the buyback comp and Jess getting the temptation was them trying to give team Cody a chance to comeback and reset the season like they wanted. But that'd be extreme conspiracy theorizing. Because as much as production does interfere there are limits to how far they'll go to keep there storyline going. They underestimated the strength of Paul's Kool-Aid.

I think the temptation challenge was an attempt to give Cody a chance. Of course the first week Jessica convinced him not to play. 

Taran Armstrong on RHAP seems to believe Josh is pushing for a tie vote so he can keep Alex. But Alex refuses to tell Paul she wants his vote. LOL. She really is one of the worst players ever.

It doesn't look like we are going to see jury house footage.  Thursday will be full with the Tuesday eviction.  Will they do another HOH after Alex leaves?  We won't know as feeds will be down Tues, Wed and Thursday, I assume.  We have put up with boring and upsetting feeds for awhile and they block what would be interesting.  I am annoyed.  

• Love 1
1 minute ago, wings707 said:

It doesn't look like we are going to see jury house footage.  Thursday will be full with the Tuesday eviction.  Will they do another HOH after Alex leaves?  We won't know as feeds will be down Tues, Wed and Thursday, I assume.  We have put up with boring and upsetting feeds for awhile and they block what would be interesting.  I am annoyed.  

And since Sunday, the Emmys are going to be on, there's no Sunday ep

• Love 1

Re: The ridiculous "unicorn" milkshake party

Aside from the fact that I'm tired of unicorn poop cookies and unicorn frappés and whatever other unicorn bullshit you can pull out, I don't know if it was so much for footage on the show as it was that production usually gives them some shit to do at this point in the game. I mean, we all remember GM destroying Amanda while calming building a Jenga tower, right? Only this time, instead of a deck of cards or a Jenga game and some Play Doh, they gave them milkshake stuff.

Also, how do you not know how to make a milkshake? Ice cream, some milk, some chocolate syrup, blend that bad boy up and enjoy. 

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, wings707 said:

I could be wrong but I think feeds usually come back after the Wednesday (taped eviction) episode airs. 

We will likely know what is going on thanks to the guy who leaks everything on Reddit.

Just now, Cutty said:

I could be wrong but I think feeds usually come back after the Wednesday (taped eviction) episode airs. 

We will likely know what is going on thanks to the guy who leaks everything on Reddit.

Oh, yes, of course.  I forgot about Wed episode.  Thanks.  The feeds have rotted my brain.  

3 hours ago, RandomWatcher said:

Going over my twitter feed from last night, I find this tweet from Jessica

Cody has the ear of all the jury members because now they all see he was right. Will he use this to swing the votes? What do you guys think?

I hope he does sway them. Most of what Cody said has come to fruition. Mark, Jason, Alex. They didn't want to listen and it all came true! 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, house864 said:

I've been doing a lot of thinking about Big Brother as a whole, sad I know, since this season has been such a trainwreck and I've come up with a theory. It's all Will Kirby's fault. 

Great post!  I think you're onto something.  Isn't this about the time Grodner took over?

I have watched every season and am so disappointed in this one.

choo-choo-train1.gif

• Love 3

I wonder if Alex threw a big-ass fit and told Paul she would vote for anyone except him, as well as poison the jury as much as she possibly could, if he would be afraid to send her there.  She has Nothing. To. Lose!  Telling him she'll vote for him and try to get Jason's vote as well is as big an incentive to get her on the jury as anything.  Dumbass.  At least fucking try.

No way would I be kissing anybody's ass all the way out the door, and down the street.

• Love 18
5 minutes ago, Hello Lady said:

I hope he does sway them. Most of what Cody said has come to fruition. Mark, Jason, Alex. They didn't want to listen and it all came true! 

He said he would vote for Paul if no one evicted him. 

The gifts from POP TV have nothing to do with getting footage for the tv show.  It's to provide footage for BBAD so they actually have something to show for 2-3(?) hours so those people don't complain about sleeping houseguests. 

So how many shows do we have left... wed/thurs this week and then anything before the finale next wednesday? 

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, Cutty said:

Jessica said she's rooting for Josh. Kinda funny.

Nah, I am too.  I know he was terrible to them with the pan banging but given the choices on who to champion there is no other option.  I hope Cody sees it this way, too.  It will be big slap in the face to Paul, should Josh win, and hopefully Cody takes APF to slam him even harder!  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 6

For the people who think Paul has played a flawless game. 

He wants to take Josh to F2. 

Josh is the only player remaining in the house who wouldn't take Paul to F2.

Paul will probably win both competitions at F4 and boot Kevin, even though Kevin would take him to F2. 

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, PaperTree said:

Great post!  I think you're onto something.  Isn't this about the time Grodner took over?

I have watched every season and am so disappointed in this one.

choo-choo-train1.gif

If I'm remembering correctly they were both on All-stars producing together and Shapiro bowed out for season 8. I vaguely remember reading that he took a back seat once the show was going and let her do her thing which would lend even more credence to the idea since the back half of All-stars was really where everything started magically going Will and Boogies way no matter what.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Nah, I am too.  I know he was terrible to them with the pan banging but given the choices on who to champion there is no other option.  I hope Cody sees it this way, too.  It will be big slap in the face to Paul, should Josh win, and hopefully Cody takes APF to slam him even harder!  

Absolutely! This would be the best outcome.

• Love 5

I don't think Cody is going to be as bitter as the others. He sees the others as Paul's minions, where as the minions are all going in there angry Cody was right. 

I bet Cody would vote for Paul, but it's the others who may have issues with it.

• Love 1

Kevin said multiple times to Jason that Paul was the boss of the house.

he says all the right things to Paul to stay in good with the boss but if he somehow won the final HOH he would cut Paul in a heartbeat. Absolutely no question in my mind.

i think the only person he would hesitate to cut would have been Jason.

if he won f4 POV, I am not sure what he would do. I think if it was a morph POV he would have a chance. He told the feeds weeks ago he had been studying faces and could win it.

Edited by Irishsecra
  • Love 2

I'm rooting for Josh too. He was pretty terrible for much of the season as Paul's attack dog but iIt's not where you start it's where you end that counts. And Josh is the only one of Paul's minions to show remorse for his actions as well as an awareness of how much Paul has been manipulating them.

Is it wrong for me to hope that after the show Paul drops Xmas like yesterday's trash? The way she has upped her concentration camp guard act just because she feels as if it will make her romantically closer to Paul is sickening. Since Paul hasn't really expressed any attraction towards Christmas besides the fact that they have a meeting of the minds in terms of sadism, it's really pathetic to watch her torment and abuse Josh multiple times daily with Paul, as if that will make Paul want to sleep with her. Yesterday she actually screamed at Josh "You're KIND. That's not okay for the three of us." 

• Love 24

About an hour ago, I had the feeds on for a couple of minutes and Josh was saying something to Paul about how he's going to call Kevin old and fat. How he's done nothing in this game except be nice to people or some such. Is he and/or others still looking to attack Kevin? Why is he still on this? It's so bizarre to me. And to top it off, minutes earlier he said something about his and Paul's crying in this game and how it's because they're good people or whatever. This is why it's so hard to get behind Josh. He is so hypocritically awful.

• Love 8
24 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

I'm rooting for Josh too. He was pretty terrible for much of the season as Paul's attack dog but iIt's not where you start it's where you end that counts. And Josh is the only one of Paul's minions to show remorse for his actions as well as an awareness of how much Paul has been manipulating them.

Is it wrong for me to hope that after the show Paul drops Xmas like yesterday's trash? The way she has upped her concentration camp guard act just because she feels as if it will make her romantically closer to Paul is sickening. Since Paul hasn't really expressed any attraction towards Christmas besides the fact that they have a meeting of the minds in terms of sadism, it's really pathetic to watch her torment and abuse Josh multiple times daily with Paul, as if that will make Paul want to sleep with her. Yesterday she actually screamed at Josh "You're KIND. That's not okay for the three of us." 

Nope!  She is 32 and he is 23, something like that.  No way would this work even if they both wanted it. 

ETA.  He is outta there at lightening speed.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 6
21 minutes ago, diana said:

About an hour ago, I had the feeds on for a couple of minutes and Josh was saying something to Paul about how he's going to call Kevin old and fat. How he's done nothing in this game except be nice to people or some such. Is he and/or others still looking to attack Kevin? Why is he still on this? It's so bizarre to me. And to top it off, minutes earlier he said something about his and Paul's crying in this game and how it's because they're good people or whatever. This is why it's so hard to get behind Josh. He is so hypocritically awful.

Yeah, I still root for Josh to take Paul out but it is so hard to actually like Josh imo. I'm pretty sure if Josh was included in a season where the people around him were a lot less awful, then I wouldn't even consider liking Josh. I think Josh has a lot of potential to be able to grow and become someone that I would be able to fully root for in a future season, (unlike Paul/Christmas/Alex),  but the fact that so much of his personality is someone that can dish it out but can't take it really rubs me the wrong way. I'm an advocate for not shaming people for needing to cry/let out their emotions but when Josh constantly wants to poke the bear to cause a reaction, then gets upset when the bear fights back (yet he still wants to poke the bear again), its really hard to not be critical of him.

Edited by betweenthebanter
  • Love 14
20 minutes ago, diana said:

This is sickening to hear.  He is a mess.  Funny that he would call slender Kevin fat since he is a little full in the body himself.  

• Love 10

All 3 want to attack him because they are terrified of him winning the next HOH.

they must really think he has been throwing all these comps and is a secret evil genius

or they need someone to kick to make them happy!

kind of funny too as I don't think kevin is even remotely fat!

Edited by Irishsecra
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, wings707 said:

He said he would vote for Paul if no one evicted him. 

We'll see...

9 minutes ago, wings707 said:

This is sickening to hear.  He is a mess.  Funny that he would call slender Kevin fat since he is a little full in the body himself.  

Josh is a meatball!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, diana said:

Yes, he is awful, and hypocritical.  And I hate to tell Josh, but he is going to be old and fat someday too -- probably fatter than Kevin (who is not actually fat).  

It's so stupid and nauseating that they are planning this attack/gang-up on Kevin (because Christmas is also going to chime in by calling him an old pervert or whatever) as some sort of strategic "game move."  They want to incite a physical reaction in him, and make him extremely upset.  They are so set in their beliefs that Kevin must be secretly doing this, or secretly doing that, or secretly playing everyone against each other -- when, in reality, he is doing very little of what they think he is doing.   He is an older man who really does not know the game of Big Brother, is not a savvy player, has played a rather sloppy game, and really just wants someone to talk to and to walk the yard with him.  That's it.  He is not an evil mastermind behind all of the chaos in the house.  He is trying to figure out what's going on most of the time -- which is why he asks the same questions a lot.

I know that, deep down, Josh does not really want to attack Kevin like that.  I know that he has a conscience and a soul.  And maybe he will be able to stop it from happening and will tell Paul to go to hell.  I keep hoping that he is just going along with Paul to appease him and not make him suspicious, but then will later stand up to Paul and say he is not taking part in this attack.

There are only 5 people in the house at this point, and one of them will be gone tomorrow.    Kevin is not likely to win anything anyway, and they know this, and yet they want to break his spirit to be sure he doesn't win?   Once you get to Final 4, you should be able to just duke it out and let the best person win without these bullying tactics.

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Callaphera said:

Also, how do you not know how to make a milkshake? Ice cream, some milk, some chocolate syrup, blend that bad boy up and enjoy. 

I tried this recipe just now, and I ended up with my hand stapled to the wall.

It's really a shame Josh isn't in the house with a sarcastic PTV'er.  Every time he started his shit up, one of us would have him crying in the corner for days with one sentence.

Edited by MrHufflepuff
  • Love 19
2 minutes ago, texastootsie said:

Because this season has become so uncomfortable to watch and listen to, I decided to go back and watch the old seasons because when it started I was working and single and had two kids and just had no time to devote to watching people locked in a house three times a week.  Also no cool DVR like today! (Remember taping on the old school VHS tapes?  LOL!)  I have been watching recently since BB17 (and OTT which was great), following feeds and following you funny and wonderful folks on here.  So,  I started on season 2 - Will's first season - and was surprised at how much the game has evolved.  I thought the way it is now is the way it has pretty much always been.  The food competitions and taking away food or earning "luxury" items is much more interesting.  The house got punished as a whole for taking temptations.  They also have games to play and things to do instead of just chess and pool. And originally no veto!!  I was really surprised at that.  The people in the earlier seasons also seemed more like "real" people and were more like a neighbor or a relative than someone who was a certain type of character they thought was interesting.  No one was pushing their "brand" or worrying about their social media accounts.  It just seemed a lot more like real life people locked up in a house together,  They actually had lots of contests about their fellow houseguests which made them interact and learn about each other or lose comps or food, etc.  There seems to be less of an emphasis on physical comps than there is now and so that allowed for older houseguests and a more varied cast.  Anyway, mainly wanted to thank y'all for watching and reporting about this season because I just can't watch the pettiness and hatefulness anymore.  The whole world is mean enough without watching it by choice.  You guys are great and make me laugh.  Thank you!  

It was definitely very different back then -- even the style of filming feels more like a documentary and less like a hyper-wacky game show.

In Season One they tried for a more pioneer vibe. The houseguests weren't given a regular clock (but they had a potato clock challenge, as I recall), and had a garden and chickens (Hence, "Chicken George") to tend to, as a Survivor-like way of ensuring they ate. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

It was definitely very different back then -- even the style of filming feels more like a documentary and less like a hyper-wacky game show.

In Season One they tried for a more pioneer vibe. The houseguests weren't given a regular clock (but they had a potato clock challenge, as I recall), and had a garden and chickens (Hence, "Chicken George") to tend to, as a Survivor-like way of ensuring they ate. 

They also had a budget for food and did meal planning.  Karen even made bread.  It had it's frustrating times too.  George's wife padded the ballot box with calls in some way.  Brittany was my favorite.  

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, wings707 said:

They also had a budget for food and did meal planning.  Karen even made bread.  It had it's frustrating times too.  George's wife padded the ballot box with calls in some way.  Brittany was my favorite.  

The show even had its own Dunkleman! Some co-host with Julie who was never heard from again. And Dr. Drew was a regular! So bizarre. 

37 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Josh asked Paul and Christmas if they were in a showmance.  Paul says, Fuck no!! 

I don't get the feeds, but from what I've seen of him on the show and read about here, Paul seems virtually sexless. Do you feed watchers have a different impression?

Of course it's entirely possible that he's behaving that way for game-related reasons, but who knows...

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Rough Draft said:

I don't get the feeds, but from what I've seen of him on the show and read about here, Paul seems virtually sexless. Do you feed watchers have a different impression?

Of course it's entirely possible that he's behaving that way for game-related reasons, but who knows...

That's a good way to put it.... Even since the beginning of last season.. when paul was my favorite, I have never found him attractive.  Nor did I think he was unattractive.  He's just.... paul.  He has never really flirted with any girls, doesn't really talk about relationships or sexual situations...(in depth that I can recall, once in awhile he'll say something like "I had a girlfriend... I dated.....")

• Love 1

I don't feel the least bit bad for Alex and the position she is in.  She made her bed, as they say.  She has been a terrible, hateful, immature, irrational person fixated on her disdain for Kevin, and a dumb game player in terms of strategy and striking the right people at the right times (especially after her best friend in the house was blindsided and she had a true chance to avenge that eviction but didn't take advantage of it).    For those reasons alone she must leave before final 2, and without winning AFP.   She is/was good at physical comps, but that is not enough for me to want her to stay in the game.  

When Alex is free from BB's clutches and can access her social media accounts, she will see that she has not won over America in any way.   People have not held back in letting her know what they think of her, and that is what she will be facing.

Now, if Josh can somehow get Paul to split the vote so that Paul votes to evict Kevin and Christmas votes to evict Alex, leaving Josh to break the tie and save Alex for the purposes of screwing over Paul and gaining control of the game, I will not mind that.  Kevin would be free from these horrible people, and Paul would realize that he cannot control people after a certain point in the game.

But the only reason I would want Alex to stay in the house is so that Josh can mess up Paul's plan.  Otherwise  I want her gone....now.

As far as old school Big Brother seasons -- I actually miss the old peanut butter and jelly days, pre-slop.   Back then, during the older seasons, I remember thinking that I didn't see the point in making some houseguests eat poorly while others ate like kings, but now I get it -- and I miss it!  The competitions to win certain food items for the house (like steak) were interesting in a silly way, and it gave them something to fight for and to do.

I almost miss the days when they could (seemingly) talk a little more freely.  I could be having a moment of revisionist history here, but I could swear that in the old days, the houseguests could talk a little more freely about friends, co-workers, family, significant others, what they did in their spare time, etc.  I think that more restrictions have been applied over the years and so much of what is said gets blocked out or prohibited. 

I hate to say it, but I even miss the old days of BBAD (when I wasn't watching the live feeds) -- when it was on Showtime.  Not that I wanted to see a live sex show on BBAD, but, in the early seasons of it, the HGs were much freer to flirt and play, do outrageous, sleazy things (remember the group pool kissing session and whipped cream strip show during the Winter season, with Sheila, Natalie, Sharon, James, Chelsea, Adam, etc.?), etc.  They knew people were tuning in for that 3-hour block of time every night, and they tried to spice things up.   Now, everything is a little more toned down and... safe.

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, betweenthebanter said:

Yeah, I still root for Josh to take Paul out but it is so hard to actually like Josh imo. I'm pretty sure if Josh was included in a season where the people around him were a lot less awful, then I wouldn't even consider liking Josh.

Precisely. He's the GinaMarie of BB19.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, Rough Draft said:

He appears that way to me too.  Even if one doesn't want a showmance there is usually flirting to some degree.  When he spoke about a girlfriend I didn't believe him.  It sounded like a cover so he would not be seen as odd for not having one in his life. 

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, wings707 said:

He appears that way to me too.  Even if one doesn't want a showmance there is usually flirting to some degree.  When he spoke about a girlfriend I didn't believe him.  It sounded like a cover so he would not be seen as odd for not having one in his life. 

yea when he talks about a girlfriend it's usually brag about something. like the other day he was saying how he was in some part of canada and he took french for a few years in college maybe, but he of course has a girlfriend who spoke canadian french so that's what he knew. Like of course paul would have some worldly girlfriend! no dull peasant for paul.

• Love 3

I would be down for an Old School BB for Season 20. Maybe not every single thing, but replacing some of the comps that affect OTB (POV, Temptation, etc) with tasks where they have to work together to secure some survival resources, accomplish things so that they didn't get penalized with their budget, etc., would definitely be cool. 

• Love 9
5 hours ago, house864 said:

I really doesn't matter though because next season will be a new story. I accepted that when I started watching again in season 12. It hasn't felt like a true game since season 6 and I don't think it ever truly will again unless there are drastic changes made. 

Great points!  

I think that BB, like a lot of reality shows, have moved away from the original premise.  Instead of just having a group of people compete, and see what happens in a more organic way, there's manipulation and stirring the pot, and hoping that certain players will butt heads with other players.  

The show "Unreal" exposed how producer manipulations work in a Bachelor-type of show, but it applies to BB as well.  they want drama, fighting, tears.  And they will get it, but they don't have to manufacture it.  Just let it unfold.   The more it seems like there is an agenda, that certain people were cast to play certain roles, and that there's practically a SCRIPT, the more people begin to feel manipulated by a show that seems more fake than "Reality".  

• Love 4