Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E240: Reunion Part 4

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, ridethemaverick said:

I'll never be team Kandi in general because I think she was a shitty friend and I hate all her employees and family BUT this was very satisfying. The feeling I got when Porsha threw Phaedra under the bus at the last second last week and then this episode...it was worth the hype. First time I can say that about a reunion.

LISTEN.  Phaedra took it way(way way way way) too far, but "I thought you had side dick" is absolutely no reason to ignore your friend while they're going through a divorce. 

• Love 9

Phaedra wants a friend to kiss her ass and bow down to her every day, and tell her how fabulous she is. Which is why she hooked up with Porsha, because that's exactly what Porsha did. The other women knew the true Kandi and steered clear.

• Love 17
5 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

Wendy williams 's theory is that Phaedra is actually angry that they sided with Apollo in the divorce and hid his stuff in the garage.

she also thinks that Phaedra will get a raise and be back.

Except Apollo asked Peter and Todd to store his stuff waaaaaaay before he was arrested. Apollo had a bunch of stuff that didn't fit in his garage. He asked Peter and Todd to store his stuff because he didn't want to pay for a storage unit.

I've never felt that Todd and Kandi sided with Apollo in the divorce. I felt like they were explicit that they weren't cutting him out of their lives because of the divorce. As we've seen with Walter and Kordell, the guys continue to hang out with each other regardless of whether the guy is still with one of the women.

I think Kandi was especially worried when Phaedra started to make vague rumblings like she wasn't going to allow the boys to see Apollo. Phaedra seemed like she was going to cut Apollo out like a tumor. More than anything, I think Kandi and Todd were worried about Apollo having a relationship with Ayden and Dylan. Todd especially pushed this because he had a child whose formative years he wasn't involved in. He found out about Kaela when she was 18. I think with his mother's death and forming a relationship with Kaela, Todd was very concerned when Phaedra was all "I don't know if I'll bring the boys. That place is filled with criminals."

• Love 16
(edited)
25 minutes ago, Watermelon said:

LISTEN.  Phaedra took it way(way way way way) too far, but "I thought you had side dick" is absolutely no reason to ignore your friend while they're going through a divorce. 

Well Porsha was kind to Phaedra  thru the divorce, it turned out real good for her.

I am with Kandi there, if you already moved on, you are not hurting that bad.

Edited by LIMOM
  • Love 15
30 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

Wendy williams 's theory is that Phaedra is actually angry that they sided with Apollo in the divorce and hid his stuff in the garage.

she also thinks that Phaedra will get a raise and be back.

Wendy has also said that Omarosa was going to be in the show next season. Andy Cohen has debunked that, not to mention, that Wendy says a lot of crazy things as well. That is why she never gets any A-listers on her show..

• Love 13
5 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I don't think it was just "side dick," I think it was a combination of Kandi having a lot of stuff going on in her life too (and Phaedra never reached out to see how she was doing with her stuff either) and Phaedra making it sound like her life was super awesome....she had a new guy, she never felt more free and fabulous in life, blah blah blah.  So Kandi thinks that she can focus in on her stuff since her friend is not just fine, but has side dick and is truly happy.  

I don't even think Kandi ignored her....I just think she thought Phaedra was doing well (because Phaedra gave her that impression), and Kandi had her own disasters going on.  It doesn't sound like Phaedra ever reached out, and I think if she did, Kandi would have made the time for her.  Or at least thats the impression I got.

No quite, Phaedra did help Kandi/Todd when Sharon died. Phaedra was there for Kandi but Kandi wasn't there for Phaedra for a variety of reasons, her pregnancy, Sharon's death, Todd's closeness to Apollo and Kandi believing that Phaedra was fine about Apollo's legal problems/gf/prison sentence/bringing the feds into their home looking for his assets. It was a misread on both Phaedra's/Kandi's parts.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Except Apollo asked Peter and Todd to store his stuff waaaaaaay before he was arrested. Apollo had a bunch of stuff that didn't fit in his garage. He asked Peter and Todd to store his stuff because he didn't want to pay for a storage unit.

I've never felt that Todd and Kandi sided with Apollo in the divorce. I felt like they were explicit that they weren't cutting him out of their lives because of the divorce. As we've seen with Walter and Kordell, the guys continue to hang out with each other regardless of whether the guy is still with one of the women.

I think Kandi was especially worried when Phaedra started to make vague rumblings like she wasn't going to allow the boys to see Apollo. Phaedra seemed like she was going to cut Apollo out like a tumor. More than anything, I think Kandi and Todd were worried about Apollo having a relationship with Ayden and Dylan. Todd especially pushed this because he had a child whose formative years he wasn't involved in. He found out about Kaela when she was 18. I think with his mother's death and forming a relationship with Kaela, Todd was very concerned when Phaedra was all "I don't know if I'll bring the boys. That place is filled with criminals."

Apollo was already under investigation by the Feds when he asked them to hide store his stuff. Yes, Todd did side with Apollo in all things concerning the divorce and Kandi sides with her man, not a gf, especially a gf that owed her man coins! LOL

• Love 7
20 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I don't think it was just "side dick," I think it was a combination of Kandi having a lot of stuff going on in her life too (and Phaedra never reached out to see how she was doing with her stuff either) and Phaedra making it sound like her life was super awesome....she had a new guy, she never felt more free and fabulous in life, blah blah blah.  So Kandi thinks that she can focus in on her stuff since her friend is not just fine, but has side dick and is truly happy.  

I don't even think Kandi ignored her....I just think she thought Phaedra was doing well (because Phaedra gave her that impression), and Kandi had her own disasters going on.  It doesn't sound like Phaedra ever reached out, and I think if she did, Kandi would have made the time for her.  Or at least thats the impression I got.

One of the things that I remember was that Kandi was devastated by the failure of her play.  It was not just that she took a financial hit, but that many people in the cast, quit their jobs to go on tour.  She had to tell them that the tour was canceled due to low ticket sales.  Kandi seemed to feel horrible that she let all these people down.  It was one of he few times I saw a housewife actually show a little remorse for affecting other people with their actions.

• Love 19
20 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

Welp, E! is reporting Phaedra won't be back:

http://www.eonline.com/news/842177/phaedra-parks-is-not-returning-to-the-real-housewives-of-atlanta

Phaedra had to go.  She's a legal liability for BRAVO and they're not trying to lose their coins on account of her.

Another lie: Phaedra ain't no damn 43.  Weren't she and Kenya born in the same year and Kenya just turned 47?

She's about 4 years younger than Nene, whatever that math works out to.

• Love 1

did anyone think that Todd was 'acting' real strange? 

He almost always seems strange to me. Except when he's hanging with the other "husbands," he seems detached, probably stoned. I think he's the one who pressures Kandi to be on the show, as a way to market their brand and make him money. I believe that some day there will be stories about how he used Kandi.

• Love 2

Nene will be 50 years old this year.  For Phaedra to have known Nene in high school, Phaedra can't be any younger than 45.  There's no way Phaedra can be 43 and have gone to high school with Nene unless Nene repeated several grades or Phaedra was advance several grades.  Naw, gurl.  Yo azz is 45 years old if you were born in October 1971 (turning 46 this year).

Kenya was born in 71 and just turned 46.

• Love 10

I think he's the one who pressures Kandi to be on the show, as a way to market their brand and make him money. I believe that some day there will be stories about how he used Kandi.

Kandi was on the show and invested and protective of her brand long before she met him. She'd probably still be on the show even if she and Todd hadn't gotten together.

• Love 12

If Phaedra is not sanctioned or censured by the GA State Bar it will be a miracle.  If she has any clients after this it will be a miracle.  It's bad when you lose your job on a reality show for being too shady 'cause everyone on those shows are shady but now she is in the same boat as Brandi and that is not a boat I would like to be in.

I am glad Phaedra is gone, I got so tired of her cackling over nothing and everything. 

The sad thing is that camp she was running will suffer, those kids are affected by her bad judgment.

Kandi's gold jump suit was beautiful, I really want it!

• Love 13
19 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

Nene will be 50 years old this year.  For Phaedra to have known Nene in high school, Phaedra can't be any younger than 45.  There's no way Phaedra can be 43 and have gone to high school with Nene unless Nene repeated several grades or Phaedra was advance several grades.  Naw, gurl.  Yo azz is 45 years old if you were born in October 1971 (turning 46 this year).

They didn't go to school together though.  That was Nene's whole point way back when.  They weren't close enough in age to be at the school, and therefore Phae didn't know her.  I would say Phaedra couldn't be any older than 45, she could easily be 44 or 43.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, BBHN said:

Kandi was on the show and invested and protective of her brand long before she met him. She'd probably still be on the show even if she and Todd hadn't gotten together.

How have people forgotten AJ, who was gunned down, and his 17 million kids some of whom Kandi was paying child support. Kandi met Todd during the South Africa trip. Phaedra introduced them.

12 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

If Phaedra really was 7 years younger than Nene, then Nene's point about not knowing each other has more credence. Nene would have been a mom with a child when Phaedra was a freshman in high school. 

I love after all of her weird parsing of her language that Phaedra did, the sites are all reporting that Phaedra made up the rumor that Kandi tried to drug and rape Porsha.

From E!: 

Phaedra was the person who created the rumor thatKandi Burruss and her husband Todd Tucker wanted to drug and rape Porsha Williams. 

From TMZ:

Phaedra Parks won't be showing her face anymore on 'RHOA' -- she's been fired for spreading lies and rumors about cast members conspiring to rape ... TMZ has learned.

Sources close to the production tell us Phaedra was let go due to a rumor she told Porsha Williams about Kandi Burruss during the course of this latest season, which came to dramatic end Sunday night.

We're told that during filming for the show, Phaedra had told Porsha that Kandi and her hubby, Todd Tucker, were planning to drug Porsha and take her back to their home to take advantage of her sexually. Kandi threatened Bravo if they aired that clip ... so they didn't. 

But during Sunday's finale of a 4-part reunion following the 9th season, all those secrets finally spilled in front of America ... with Phaedra being outed as the source of the nasty rumor.

We're told Bravo felt like Phaedra's allegations were so out of line, they simply couldn't continue working with her and informed her in early April. 

• Love 6
52 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Wendy has also said that Omarosa was going to be in the show next season. Andy Cohen has debunked that, not to mention, that Wendy says a lot of crazy things as well. That is why she never gets any A-listers on her show..

Wendy Williams is also homophobic and transphobic.  She's also happy to feud with people, so that gets around. Who wants to support someone who is anti-LBGTQ and get into fights with said person?  Not people who are trying to keep a positive image in the media, which describes the majority of A-listers.  She tried hosting a viewing party on VH-1 for RuPaul's Drag Race with Ross Matthews, a judge on the show who also is gay (what idiot decided to put her on) and that got shut down from the outcry.  

Can someone explain the Calvin King/Marvin thing?  I've completely missed it and I have no idea who he is or what the Marvin refence is.

Is Kim Zolciak going to be on the next season?  If she is, people might think she's a completely new person going by these pictures of her.  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4483772/Kim-Zolciak-gives-update-son-Kash-Bravo-s-WWHL.html

• Love 5
(edited)
4 hours ago, drivethroo said:

It won't be Kandi that's leaving,  It will be PHAEDRA that's got to go.

It would be in Phaedra's best interests to go.  Because once your lying lottery ticket has been punched, everyone else starts to pile on with their receipts.

Porsha will recover from this and get a redemption storyline next year.  I think most cast members (including Kandi) would film with Porsha.  I don't think anyone will film with Phaedra from now on. That's why Andy asked in the viewer poll if the viewers thought the women would let Phaedra back into the circle and the poll was like 93% NO.

Phaedra is finished.  Phaedra played dirty and for the wrong team. She's by herself. She has half of the current cast against her and the other half will be on their team.  The two cast members rumored to be returning dont' want anything to do with her either.  Plus if they return, BRAVO will need some money to pay them and what better way to free up some money for their salaries than by cutting Phaedra?

Bye, girl.  Girl, bye.

Ok, now I see why she kept saying , sorry that I repeated it. That's Phaedra Spin ! To make it appear that she repeated what someone told her. Stupid girl, you just told Porsha that you heard it from the horse's mouth ? Dumb Criminal. Maybe she was talking about the Marvin rumor, but she still was trying to say that she heard about Kandi & Todd drugging people for sex. 

Edited by byrd
  • Love 7

Can someone explain the Calvin King/Marvin thing?  I've completely missed it and I have no idea who he is or what the Marvin refence is.

Carlos King was a producer on RHOA.  He and Todd had a production deal on TV One producing shows like "Hollywood Divas" but they fell out over business.

He's known for being messy.  Nene wants no parts of him.

Phaedra told Porsha that Todd goes up to New York and tells women his name is "Marvin" so he can cheat on Kandi with them.

It is alleged that Carlos King is the one who told Phaedra that Todd cheats in NYC using the name "Marvin."  So I'm guessing when Phaedra said she just repeated it, she was just repeating what Carlos King had told her.  But BRAVO edited out any reference to Carlos King so Phaedra was looking batshit crazy talking about some "I was just repeating what I was told."

• Love 12
1 minute ago, drivethroo said:

Carlos King was a producer on RHOA.  He and Todd had a production deal on TV One producing shows like "Hollywood Divas" but they fell out over business.

Phaedra told Porsha that Todd goes up to New York and tells women his name is "Marvin" so he can cheat on Kandi with them.

It is alleged that Carlos King is the one who told Phaedra that Todd cheats in NYC using the name "Marvin."  So I'm guessing when Phaedra said she just repeated it, she was just repeating what Carlos King had told her.  But BRAVO edited out any reference to Carlos King so Phaedra was looking batshit crazy talking about some "I was just repeating what I was told."

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

Thank you!  All I can say is, why would Todd use the name Marvin if he were going to cheat and try to hide it?  Marvin isn't that common of a name these days.  Maybe King thought Todd looked like Marvin Gaye with the beard.

dish-080416-todd-tucker.jpg?itok=9SQyURZ 220px-Marvin_Gaye_(1973).png

I don't know what the liquor licensing situation is in the greater metropolitan Atlanta area, but trying to get/keep a liquor license if there are allegations that you drug people against their will is probably challenging in most states.  I'm thinking Kandi was righteously furious over her reputation (especially since as someone who has always been straight when it comes to drugs/booze it's even more outrageous) but it was stupid and unbelievable enough to not really impact her sex toy or music business.  The restaurant, though?  Oh, yeah, that could backfire big time, should anybody care to drop a dime to the commission.  The restaurant is Todd's project, his financial independence, her extended family's pride and joy and no doubt a financial supply line for them as well.  

Phaedra was messing with ALL of that. 

• Love 20
(edited)

What probably really pissed of Kandi even more was when, during the group dinner in Hawaii, she pointed out to Phaedra that she wouldn't be involved in anything drug related...and Phaedra just nods like, "yeah, I know you wouldn't". Granted, it wasn't the most spirited of defenses, but still. Shady AF.

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 6

One thing Phaedra accomplished last night is that she increased the sales of Angela Stanton's book.  I just ordered a copy.  (Couldn't get the kindle version on Amazon)

• Love 22
48 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

Todd using the Marvin alias to cheat in New York makes no kind of sense. Todd is on a national TV show and he's from New York. Going by Marvin isn't going to stop anyone from outting your cheating especially not in your home town. If you wanna call yourself Marvin and cheat, you need to go to someplace where the ratings for RHOA are terrible. If that's Iowa, then go to Iowa and cheat.

People have caught Peter with other women. They've caught Mario Singer, Tom Dagostino, Thomas Ravenel, Joe Giudice, Alex de Lesseps, and David Beador, but somehow no one has ever laid eyes on "Marvin" cheating except for Carlos King. Apparently, using the alias of "Marvin" makes one invisible or a ninja cause someone should have seen something in NYC (a city with actual paparazzi), but no one did. Even after Mama Joyce put a bounty out during the wedding prep. Carlos King is messy and dumb. If Phaedra hadn't been motivated by pure spite, she would have realized that much of his story made no sense.

• Love 17

I have to co-sign everyone who said Shaedra was a sociopath. She didn't give a single fuck about trying to destroy Kandi's life. I always thought Apollo was too dumb to come up with a giant scam on his own, and this just makes it look even more like Shaedra set it up or came up with the idea and sent him to do the actual dirty work. When she said that the person that she's really concerned with (after the truth came out) was Porsha, I was like GTFO bitch, you put her in that situation and she chose to run with it. Andy was disgusting as usual. He was practically salivating at Kandi's distress. There's a special place in hell for him.

• Love 13

Can I also just say that I have to have some extra hate for Shaedra for making me feel like defending MJ. If someone had done that same shady shit to one of my kids, I wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire either.

• Love 17
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

If Phaedra is not sanctioned or censured by the GA State Bar it will be a miracle.  If she has any clients after this it will be a miracle.  It's bad when you lose your job on a reality show for being too shady 'cause everyone on those shows are shady but now she is in the same boat as Brandi and that is not a boat I would like to be in.

I am glad Phaedra is gone, I got so tired of her cackling over nothing and everything. 

The sad thing is that camp she was running will suffer, those kids are affected by her bad judgment.

Kandi's gold jump suit was beautiful, I really want it!

Well, it seems that Phaedra's only clients were those on the fringe to begin with, like Ridiculous/strippers/porn/other shady people, so they may stick with her. That said, I am not sure she was practicing law to begin with when she joined the show, it is possible that her "office" was no more than smoke and mirrors! LOL

• Love 7
24 minutes ago, cooksdelight said:

And sticking out her tongue as if was an invitation for a blow job.

Well, she is the head doctor after all

• Love 8
38 minutes ago, cooksdelight said:

And sticking out her tongue as if was an invitation for a blow job.

She has always reminded me of a bleating goat when she does that! LOL

• Love 6

I think they should keep Kandi, Cynthia and Sheree.  All three of those women show us their lives.  If you don't want to show your lives on TV, then don't be on a reality show.  

I know many dislike Nene but I don't think Nene ever liked Phaedra.  I saw her on WWHL a while back and I could tell she really didn't like Porsha either.  Even Nene said that if Phaedra told Porsha that lie about Kandi, all Porsha had to do was to ask Kandi if it was true, preferably, off camera.  

People have been gossiping about each other since the beginning of time; I remember when I was younger people used to talk all types of shit about me, because I was carefree and young and some folks felt that a black woman had no right to be that way; but I digress; that happened in the 1980's back before social media.

The problem with this show and with Phaedra and Porsha is that Phaedra did this with malice.  She KNEW that Porsha was dumb, and easy to wind up and all Kandi had to do was to wind Porsha up and BOOM, she'd put that shit out there.  When you say things on TV today, it carries on to social media and develops a life of its own.  Phaedra knew that and that's why she did what she did.

I have been critical of Kandi getting so heated and it's not the best look for her.  But, at least she does express how she feels.  Phaedra doesn't and that's what makes her dangerous.  I know her parents are ministers and SOME people in the church have strange ideas about women and anger.  Some people think it's bad for a woman to express anger.  Having anger isn't a bad thing, it's what you do with it.  I think Phaedra is a very angry woman.  I think she's been angry at Kandi since whatever it was that happened with her work out video.  But instead of yelling at her, like probably Nene would, Phaedra was like, "I'm a Christian, I forgive you," but inside she was seething.  

I think Phaedra has always looked down on most of the housewives, she probably feels that since she has an advanced degree, she's better than all of them.  She probably resents that Kandi has more money than she.  Phaedra probably sees Kandi as being beneath her.  

• Love 19
(edited)
12 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

Are folks still trying to belive Phaedra had no knowledge of Apollo's shenanigans??

The only reason I don't think she was in on that particular game was because of her kids. I don't think she'd do anything to jeopardize her being with her children. Overall I keep coming back to Phae you were that mad at Kandi and Todd for sticking up for Apollo? 

Ugh what an effing mess. I don't have anything to add except this reunion could easily have been 2 episodes.  Andy is a horrible human being. 

Edited by Drumpf1737
  • Love 2
(edited)
18 hours ago, kassa said:

I don't know what the liquor licensing situation is in the greater metropolitan Atlanta area, but trying to get/keep a liquor license if there are allegations that you drug people against their will is probably challenging in most states.  I'm thinking Kandi was righteously furious over her reputation (especially since as someone who has always been straight when it comes to drugs/booze it's even more outrageous) but it was stupid and unbelievable enough to not really impact her sex toy or music business.  The restaurant, though?  Oh, yeah, that could backfire big time, should anybody care to drop a dime to the commission.  The restaurant is Todd's project, his financial independence, her extended family's pride and joy and no doubt a financial supply line for them as well.  

Phaedra was messing with ALL of that. 

Yes! Phaedra was cool as ice on the outside but inside a volcano was brewing. Oh shit !  I am busted now, how can I grease my way out of this one.  Not happening Porsha would not let her slip away , she held her accountable to her lies.

It"s a bridge too far....

Edited by byrd
  • Love 10
1 minute ago, Drumpf1737 said:

The only reason I don't think she was in on that particular game was because of her kids. I don't think she'd do anything to jeopardize her being with her children.

I think that, and Phaedra's instincts of self preservation is what made her use Apollo as her shield.  One of the problems with Phaedra is that she is too slick for her own good and she always thinks she is the smartest person in the room and that everyone will buy into her brand of bullshit if you can't "pin" something on her.  So, I think she figured that, just like when Porsha, if she had a meat shield she would never get caught.  

And, I do think Apollo cares enough about his sons, and has enough of a broken past to where he wouldn't put Phaedra in jail and likely agreed to take the weight for whatever they were up to.  If he wanted to see his sons taken care of, it makes sense for him to be the one to go to jail.  Apollo has no real education or job skill, he doesn't have a TV show paying him 6 figures a year, and he has a very loose grasp of the English language.  

I suspect that at some point Apollo and the stripper will break up and he will find a wealthy older woman to take care of him.  I think thats the lifestyle Phaedra offered to get him to agree to marriage, and I think he'd like that.

I mean, if you're going to choose a meat shield to hide behind, a moronic ex-felon is a pretty good choice.  

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, Yasmine said:

I love how she's passing it off with "what happens is meant to happen", umm no, you made shit up to ruin someone's life. Pretty sure that wasn't "meant" to happen. I also gotta love this BS from her

“I really want to show that you can be well-educated, you can be a professional and you can solve conflicts without being ratchet,” she said. “You can be a lady, you can have dignity in your dealings — whether it be personal or professional."

• Love 14

I believe they will do anything for ratings but this is too much trouble. She's a loose cannon who will stop at nothing. She's just more trouble than she's worth, IMO. I knew she was behind this the whole time but seeing her reaction was really chilling. She is just stone cold. It was crazy. I feel bad for those cute little boys.

I don't believe Porscha for minute. I don't believe she was crying until she realized she may have just screwed herself out of a job. Then the tears flowed. I don't think she cared one iota that she was ruining Kandi's life and reputation.  But now she does as it may cost her all of her "jobs" and she'll be just another ex Housewife trying desperately for another fifteen minutes. Wanna bet she's on Marriage Bootcamp next? 

• Love 15
29 minutes ago, Yasmine said:

Glad Phaedra is not into oversexualizing stereotyping of black women on reality TV.  She might want to read her last interview with People where she defends her rights to show her ass.  There is more than one way to be ratchet, and making up rumors about people is just as ratchet as screaming in one's own defense of frivolous accusations.

Not interested in seeing her journey.  Don't really care about her parenting, her job or her charity.  I am hoping that any charity or cause she tries to attach herself to turns down the endorsement.  She needs to focus on her law career, or embalming or whatever she feels will make the three house payments.

• Love 19
(edited)
1 hour ago, Yasmine said:

This just confirms what I always knew about Her. Phaedra is a demon...would not surprise Me if her head started spinning around like the exorcist..anytime you can hold restoration service and ignore what you have done, only a demon could do that,  you can't play with God..that is why it was an epic fail. The spirit was not there, the gathering was not blessed. God was not pleased. 

Edited by byrd
  • Love 9

Oh this season has been a mess. The lewdness has sunk this crew. There has been no joy watching the rest of this season. 

I found it sad to watch Phaedra continue to defend the indefensible. Whether she made it up or listened to whisperings in her ear, she should have put on her big girl panties (not those red thongs that were clearly visible from behind) and said she was wrong to feed gossip to Porsha and not step up when Porsha took it too far. Her don't shoot the messenger pleadings were inappropriate for her actions. Phaedra has some smarts, so why can't she see that if her actions are seething with hatred, she can't proclaim someone doesn't bother you. The filming with Johnny fiasco showed how warped her perceptions are. Along with her ramped up hooker wardrobe while claiming to be a dignified church going woman.

• Love 8

There are seven characteristics I can think of that define a sociopath, although I’m sure the list could be extended.

Sociopaths completely lack a conscience or any capacity for real regret about hurting people. Although they pretend the opposite.

Sociopaths put their own desires and wants on a totally different level from those of other people. Their wants are incommensurate. They truly believe their ends justify their means. Although they pretend the opposite.

Sociopaths consider themselves superior to everyone else, because they aren’t burdened by the emotions and ethics others have – they’re above all that. They’re arrogant. Although they pretend the opposite.

Sociopaths never accept the slightest responsibility for anything that goes wrong, even though they’re responsible for almost everything that goes wrong. You’ll never hear a sincere apology from them.

Sociopaths have a lopsided notion of property rights. What’s theirs is theirs, and what’s yours is theirs too. They therefore defend currency inflation and taxation as good things.

Sociopaths usually pick the wrong target to attack. If they lose their wallet, they kick the dog. If 16 Saudis fly planes into buildings, they attack Afghanistan.

Sociopaths traffic in disturbing news, they love to pass on destructive rumors and they’ll falsify information to damage others.

Definition of Phaedra Parks  

• Love 13

Just ask any drug dealer. They don't mess with house money or drugs themselves, However doesn't mean they would never drug someone else. Kandi can get out of here with her attitude as well. The woman allowed her own mother to basically harass Todds mom to her death. Allowed those simps she calls employee to cackle on tv over Phaedra's divorce. Let her nosy momma go to an attorney and get all up in Phaedra's business. Kandi then has the nerve to look all offended. Please maybe if you paid more attention to whats going on in your own household you would be better off. Phaedra was wrong but Kandi is no innocent in this all. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Yasmine said:

What is frugal ground?  I think she's been hanging with Porsha and Apollo too much.

Phaedra deserves firing... on the other hand, she made this season interesting .  I would love to watch her come back and grovel next season... they could offer her $200K and she would probably take it.  How else is she going to make money?

• Love 5
(edited)
11 hours ago, qtpye said:

One of the things that I remember was that Kandi was devastated by the failure of her play.  It was not just that she took a financial hit, but that many people in the cast, quit their jobs to go on tour.  She had to tell them that the tour was canceled due to low ticket sales.  Kandi seemed to feel horrible that she let all these people down.  It was one of he few times I saw a housewife actually show a little remorse for affecting other people with their actions.

Yes, I remember that as well. It seems like Kandi truly cares about her employees and understands when her actions affect people emotionally and financially. She also has had, by her own admission, several friends who have been on the wrong side of the law and stayed loyal to them (including visiting them in prison). Kandi is intense and handles things badly at times (lingerie night, MJ) but she is an empathetic person. 

I think her being there for Phaedra probably meant staying quiet about things that Apollo or Phaedra herself admitted about their business dealings, which makes Kandi and Todd potentially in legal danger, and does not deserve to be reciprocated with rape accusations.

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 7