Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E06: Wishful Invitation

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, TheMole said:

And you know she always takes pens. Sometimes without asking.

Regular ballpoint pens? I think she might just be taking some each time she stops by a bank (I do that hangs head in shame)

As for Sharpies...I'm wondering if she clips them from John's Madame Paulette

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Regular ballpoint pens? I think she might just be taking some each time she stops by a bank (I do that hangs head in shame)

As for Sharpies...I'm wondering if she clips them from John's Madame Paulette

Any kind of pen. I imagine Sharpied Chanels full of pens, some fancy pens a friend loaned her, some engraved pens, some with the chains still hanging off them.

As for stealing from Madame Paulette I'd say she's pretty much banned after claiming John does coke and made a pass at her. Which is dumb because she was probably getting a killer discount too.

• Love 5
On 5/12/2017 at 5:11 AM, ChitChat said:

Thank you, queenjen.  My comment got blown way out of proportion.  My point was that a cat can be humanely trained not to scratch the sofa, just like a dog can be.   It looks like Carole needs to do something to keep them from ruining her stuff.  I'm assuming the dogs probably got a hold of the cushions from the look of them.  People who know me realize that someday I will be that crazy cat lady who lives down the street! I have nothing but love for them.  In fact, I've got a 19 year old cat who is treated like royalty. 

And a LOT of people think laying hands on an animal in any way is inhumane.  There's just no need to "swat" a cat for any reason. Distracting them and moving them to a more desirable location is all that is needed. I cringe when I hear people justify swatting an animal. 

• Love 3
(edited)
On 5/12/2017 at 2:21 PM, Trooper York said:

I know right. That's why she got rid of Bynn's father.

Because staying in a bad marriage is so much better right?   Jesus fucking Christ.  The absolute WORST thing for a child is to be in a home with fighting unhappy parents. 

I've read your comments about Bethenny and I'm wondering how you know that Jason doesn't do  the same thing at his house with Bryn's things?  You make it sound like you know he doesn't do that because they're having hot dogs instead. 

Just wondering how you know this. 

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 18
3 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

by running away from Moaner, Bethenny is looking like she can't take it.

I can't agree...but that's one reason we enjoy this beautiful forum.  Thanks, Administrators!

• Love 4
(edited)
On 5/11/2017 at 0:51 PM, Atlanta said:
On 5/11/2017 at 9:50 AM, Misslindsey said:

Does anyone know is Tinsley went to college? She just sounds a bit flighty to me. I do not mind her so far. Also, was it the first episode where she said she wears her hair the same way because when she was in her more of a socialite days the media would recognize her? I guess I would like to see her do something different with her hair than the same curls all the time. 

I believe she graduated from Columbia but started somewhere else. University of North Carolina? She wanted to be close to her then BF. Is her book worth picking up? Anyone know?

Tinsley said she went to University of North Carolina (I assumed Chapel Hill) and transferred to NYU to be with Topper and graduated from there. UNC Chapel Hill is a great school and requires strong academics from out of state applicants. Other factors do help to get in anywhere though. My former boyfriend's father owned a surfacing company that first had the patent on the tracks that were softer (I am not saying that right, hopefully you know what I mean-- they have more cushion and give) and are much better to run on for your joints. He installed the new track and field at UNC Chapel Hill in the 90's and thus worked closely with the Athletic Director and the Track and Field Coach. He also made a large donation and my former boyfriend's younger brother got in to UNC through pull from the Athletic Director wanting him on the track team for javilon or some bullshit. He never ran track in his life and definitely didn't at Chapel Hill. However, if the Athletic department really wants you, your grades don't have to be as high. (Many of my friends in college were Varsity Athletes. No athletic scholarships are allowed in our conference-- still part of Division 1-- yet many people get in if they are great athletes and have decent grades. Still have to be good grades, but not even close to the scores they would need if not playing football or lacrosse). Legacies also get in with easier standards. After another donation to the Athletic booster club, my former boyfriend was accepted and went to The Keenan-Flagler School of Business at UNC Chapel Hill for his MBA. He had good GMAT scores and work experience, however, I have no idea if he could have gotten in to the #15 ranked MBA program without the extra pull of being a family who is certainly "a friend of the University" and the Athletic Director putting in a word requesting favor. He didn't even apply anywhere else because he would not go to a school that was not top 20 and he didn't think he would get in elsewhere or want to go elsewhere. He was a good candidate, yet I don't think that he could have gotten in there without that pull. Not sure. No way to know. 

I do not want to imply that Tinsley bought her way into college AT ALL. I have no way to know that and it is likely untrue. She likely was accepted to both schools on her own merit. However, your family name, any history with the school, boarding at Lawrenceville and other factors all certainly affect things at many schools. Additionally, I do NOT want to imply anything bad about UNC Chapel Hill or that it is different from any other school. Instead, my point is quite the opposite; that most colleges and universities do function this way in my experience. For most of us, it is a straight forward process, however, for others, there can be other factors involved. 

Regarding Kelly Bensimmon (I don't know how to quote two things). She DID go to Columbia, however, she attended an alternate program. Columbia has a program for non-traditional "adult" or older students, who are not the typical 18 year olds applying to college. My mentor attended it in his late 20's before he went on to grad school. It is a separate program with a separate application process and you are in classes with other people in this program who have typically had a different career, especially in arts,  before deciding to enter college or maybe took time doing life experience before going to college. I don't think it is that hard to be accepted in to and it is a great program to be with other later in life students and your diploma is from Columbia University. It is not even remotely close to the competitiveness and high standards of SAT scores, GPA, and activities, talents required to compete for acceptance as a freshman to the college. I take nothing away from this specialized program at Columbia for non-traditional students-- I think it is a great program. But, I don't think it is too hard to get in to. If you want to go and complete the application and good recommendations, they are happy to accept your money in to the adult program. So, it may be easy to be accepted, not sure of the intensity once enrolled; however, I believe it is a strong program and good education and not a cake walk to a diploma-- you have to do the course work, ending with an Ivy League diploma. So it is a good program, however, it is not like Kelly was competing with Valedictorians with National Merit Scholarship Awards Recognition for her spot. Two totally separate entities. 

Edited by Luckylondon
Fix spelling errors
  • Love 4
On 5/10/2017 at 10:08 PM, WireWrap said:

I hate to say this but Ramona was/is right, Bethenny can dish it out but she can't take it when someone gives it back. That said, Ramona was still wrong to bring Bryn into the conversation like she did.

Very true. I think Ramona was very rude to demand an invitation to Luanne's wedding. She a crackpot who keeps fluttering her eye lids.

• Love 5

I can only go by what I see and I don't see Jason making a spectacle of himself on Reality TV. Now maybe he might want to be on TV but doesn't get the chance. Although I doubt that because I bet there are many other  low rent shows that would love to have him on. Just the same way people like Brandi and Taylor Armstrong went on various shows after they were dumped by Bravo. Jason has been radio silent ever since the divorce. I don't know what he is doing with his daughter and you know what. That's a good thing. For both him and his daughter.

I can only go by what I see and comment accordingly.

• Love 13
On 5/10/2017 at 11:52 PM, breezy424 said:

Ok.  So what did Hannah do this episode to be labeled horrible or whatever?  I haven't liked some of her attitude in the past but I thought she was being very real and sincere this episode.

I really liked Lu's wedding gown as well as Dorinda's bridesmaid dress.  And Ro made Lu's point about why Ro wasn't invited to the wedding.

I'm loving that Beth walks any time she 'can't'  handle it.  Less of Beth is fine with me.  I have no doubt that Carole's 'job' was to ask Beth about the ex so she could get her digs (testimony) in.

I'm having a hard time with Beth's anger about Ro bringing up Bryn yet Beth spent a whole package in Bryn's room talking about Bryn and her hoarding tendencies.  What are the rules?  It's kind of really grey. 

I think it's Ok for Bethenny to brag about all the American Girl dolls Brynn has. Maybe she will do a co branding agreement between American Girl & Skinny Girl

On 5/11/2017 at 1:32 AM, izabella said:

It's another season where Ramona has absolutely nothing going on and isn't doing anything except pretending to date all the time.  So she's vile to Lu and Bethenny and thinks that's good enough to entertain us.  But Lu and Bethenny know to shut her down and not take her seriously.  Which means Ramona just ends up being both boring and irritating.

Is Ramona retired? What does she do all day between flirting with contractors & going to lunch?

• Love 6
On 5/12/2017 at 4:54 PM, njbchlover said:

And, that is why the dogs continue to poop in the house.  They have marked their territory, and the scent of their poop is there, marking to them as a "safe place".  

It's so disgusting.  All of those area rugs, I'm sure were worth something at some point - now, they're no better than a throw rug from the Dollar Store.

Agreed. You have to spray the areas where the dogs peed or pooped. Sonja's townhouse will have to be gutted to the walls to get the stench out. I wonder if Bethenny will buy it?

• Love 3
17 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

I get why she walked away from Moaner, but the scene was disappointing to me.  Bethenny saying to Moaner, "I don't like the way you're speaking to me" didn't make any sense to me.  In that scene, Moaner wasn't exactly saying anything insulting to her, she was just babbling insincere bullshit & trying to get a rise outta her.  

In my opinion, Ramona was speaking to Bethenny as if B didn't have two brain cells to rub together.  

• Love 11
24 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

In my opinion, Ramona was speaking to Bethenny as if B didn't have two brain cells to rub together.  

I am usually amused by Ramona, but she's lost me this season.  She had nothing but ill intentions in her approach towards Bethenny about the stupid movie from 20 years ago.   I used to think that Ramona had come thru her divorce remarkably well; however I'm now thinking not so much.  

Sonja is another one that drives me nuts.  For one I think she is truly a gorgeous lady and on many occasions she seems to be the voice of reason (she was great on scary island), but then she goes and makes an ass out of herself.  I just wish she'd get it together & quit making crap up to build (nope...not buying her &Jack Nicholson) up this ridiculous persona she's created.

• Love 14

My comment about Bethanny throwing out stuff was in regards to things that were purchased when she and Jason were together. Even if just one thing made the cut, it would be hurtful. Other posters commented it was a strange thing to film, so that was my thoughts on why. Will never know, am fine with that.

LuAnne's wedding is really a testament to how shitty her friends are. If her friends are happy for her and her friend, they should be happy. Ramona has absolutely blown it--- she is bright green with envy. I do think LuAnne is a very engaging and bright woman, very grounded and not crazy, and it is not surprising to me that she is getting married. I'd marry her! She seems fantastic. On Vanderpump Rules, Sheana made a comment, that even though they are "friends" no one is truly happy when something good happens to someone else, cuz they are very competitive. I think, just given these are NY women who can't survive there without a competitive bent, they are different. It's not the midwest folks. Romona (and Carol imo) are absolutely sick with envy. 

The "shower" was a producer event, and I don't think LuAnne would invite anyone to a shower that wasn't invited to the wedding. This was all filmed and they were all paid to appear at the shower, so it's not really a shower in the true sense of the word. Even Carole's election party was only attended by Bethanny because she showcased her wine-- notice that at the party, the entire bar was full of skinnygirl wine and the glasses had the logo as well. Bethanny flat out said that she would not attend Luanne's wedding unless she was paid, or unless she featured her drinks there. Who needs that pressure? And what a sell out for Carole, who is a rail and needs to gain weight, to promote diet drinks? It's all just crazy deluded. These women are desperate to make money and keep their "friends." Nuts.

• Love 4

I don't see Jason making a spectacle of himself on Reality TV

Apparently, he is doing a good enough job of that off-screen at times.

• Love 19
12 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Well, that wasn't my point.  One thing that's really great about Bethenny is she can defend (and handle) herself in such an admirably calm & articulate way when put on the spot -- and in a way most of us wish we could when put on the spot.  I mean, she handled herself in such a memorable way against Kells in that awful "I'm up here, you're down there" moment.  But that's only one example.  She's done it many times.

Now, we know Bethenny holds grudges forever & ever & ever.  But that Brooklyn Bridge shit?  Man, I don't blame her one bit for holding a grudge against Moaner about that horrible shit.  That's burned in my brain forever & I wasn't even the target of it.  She didn't slam Moaner back for it at the time & really never did since.  So Moaner has a Bethenny blast coming.  She deserves it.  Would it be entertaining too?  Of course.  She's getting her big Bravo dough, quite frankly I feel she owes it to us, as well as to herself.  Lu didn't especially deserve the screaming/screeching tirade of names shooting at her.  Moaner does deserve it.  But Bethenny is in a different place this season.  She says she's calmer & she clearly is.

My hunch is Bethenny is not running away from Moaner cuz she's taking the high road.  Bethenny?  Taking the high road?  Uh, no.  I think she's just tired of Moaner's thoughtless insulting bullshit.  Who wouldn't be?  I don't get how Moaner has any friends.

Getting back to why I think Bethenny should just take Moaner down -- but in a calm way, rather than the screaming/screeching loon of last season.  I mean, forget about the entertainment value for us (er, not too much), by running away from Moaner, Bethenny is looking like she can't take it.  Beyond that, I'd like to see Bethenny articulate how what Moaner says & does is just is wrong & hurtful -- and merely saying Moaner is a "bad person" doesn't cut it.  I know Bethenny is quite capable of doing this.  She needs to do this.  Even in her convo with Carole, she didn't really do that.  So what happened?  It kinda looked like she was the thoughtless one by not showing up to Moaner's 60th party.  Uh, what the what?  Clearly, that makes no sense, but that's what it ending up looking like.

By running away from Moaner, in the end, Moaner wins.  She had the last word, not Bethenny.  This running away routine is not working to her benefit.  It rarely does.  Look, I get the avoidance & I'd probably do the same.  But she should stop running away from her.  It doesn't even seem like her style.

Heartily agree.

I've never liked Ramona from season 1 episode 1. She has always rubbed me the wrong why.

• Love 6
(edited)
On 5/12/2017 at 5:04 PM, Lemons said:

My husband can't be in the room if I'm watching this show. 

This may be a good thing. My partner is usually in the room while I watch it. During the first episode of this season, he commented that I was "exactly like" Ramona (during the opening credits). What? I don't know if he realized how insulting that was or not, but since the wedding is less than a month away... I chose to ignore that one.

Ramona??? Good lord. I hope that isn't true.

Edited by Granimal
  • Love 6

I'll add a TL;DR to the end of this. 

From an early point in filming the season there was some discontent among the cast with regards to  Bethenny's involvement on the show.  She may not hold a producer credit but whatever she wants she gets. Several other members of the cast were annoyed that they were working more than she was and doing more because she wasn't available. It was very clear that Bethenny had begun to distance herself from the show. She wants to leave on her own terms and I think with this new show on the horizon she finally will. 

It is extremely likely that Ramona would've been one cast member that felt that resentment towards Bethenny. Ramona has done all nine seasons of the show; she doesn't get paid as much as Bethenny, she won't get the same budget for clothes, food, events and she doesn't have as much say with production that Bethenny does (even though Ramona does take plenty of liberties).

I'm sure some of you guys have heard about the one Housewife that trains for the show like it's the Olympics and this is Ramona. She'll check on alliances with other cast mates before filming every season and practically does background checks on new cast members (You'd think she just Googles them but she could legitimately be a PI at this stage because she'll usually know people that run in their circle and will dig for information). 

The last time she had a real storyline was when she was divorcing Mario. But there's nothing going on in her life that's RHONY worthy so she has to create drama. Who better to do it with than Bethenny? What pisses Bethenny off the most after Bryn being brought up in the show is the fact she can see what Ramona is doing a mile away. And as we watch this play out, Ramona is plugging this feud on social media with interviews and posting articles about it.

TL;DR Bethenny didn't pull her weight this season from the off, some of the cast got very annoyed including Ramona, her beef with Bethenny is contrived based on resentment of Bethenny getting better treatment.

• Love 10

We all know Bethenny could have sliced Ramona to ribbons with a few well chosen words.

"We" do? My money's on Ramona in a tussle between those two hags.

• Love 2
48 minutes ago, jaync said:

"We" do? My money's on Ramona in a tussle between those two hags.

I am sure they both have tons of dirt on each other and both are more than willing to get in the gutter to throw it at the other. LOL I see it as a toss up as to who would win. Bethenny is more vindictive IMO but she has more to lose at this stage, Ramona has more pride but less to lose, which makes them equally dangerous to each other. LOL

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I am sure they both have tons of dirt on each other and both are more than willing to get in the gutter to throw it at the other. LOL I see it as a toss up as to who would win. Bethenny is more vindictive IMO but she has more to lose at this stage, Ramona has more pride but less to lose, which makes them equally dangerous to each other. LOL

Ramona goes into her own world and lets very little bother her. The hardest time she had on the show was when her state of her marriage was questioned. If Bethenny wanted to be really nasty she could hit her with whatever she's heard from Mario's girlfriend. Ramona would draw blood in retaliation - and as you said B has more to lose so she probably won't. So to go a little lighter she'll probably focus on Ramona's lies about Tipsy Girl. Because she hates liars and hypocrites and keeps it real... that's the image she wants to project.

• Love 4

How much do the Housewives get paid per show or per season? I didn't know they got a clothing allowance and perks.

BTW: What business is Ramona in besides manufacturing boyfriends?

Is Sonja in dire straits? Can she not afford to fix her townhouse? 

• Love 2

If I recall correctly Avery was pretty much forced out of her private school after season one on account of Ramona's behavior (or maybe something Avery said).    This is why I was annoyed with her going after Luanne's daughter and now bringing up Brynn. She of all people knows that there can be repercussions for the kids on account of the show.

• Love 11
On 5/11/2017 at 3:59 PM, Ki-in said:

Yikes, I thought a water bottle was the way one trained cats. 

I think it's gross how much they show the doggie accidents on this show and how untrained the dogs are. I understand that there may be some logistics in taking a dog out when you live in a high rise vs a house but geeze, get them some piddle pads or hire a dog walker or make an effort to walk this animal you chose to bring into your life.  If it's a puppy or an elder dog I can understand but otherwise I blame the owners.

Sonja's townhouse has a backyard. No excuse for not letting the dogs out

• Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, TheMole said:

Ramona goes into her own world and lets very little bother her. The hardest time she had on the show was when her state of her marriage was questioned. If Bethenny wanted to be really nasty she could hit her with whatever she's heard from Mario's girlfriend. Ramona would draw blood in retaliation - and as you said B has more to lose so she probably won't. So to go a little lighter she'll probably focus on Ramona's lies about Tipsy Girl. Because she hates liars and hypocrites and keeps it real... that's the image she wants to project.

If I were Bethenny I would be steamed that someone like Ramona was able to deflect from her bad behavior and make it about Luann last season.  I am sorry but Tom and a manners book looks pretty insignificant when compared to what Ramona was up to.  She is not keeping it very real if she gives Ramona a pass on this.  I don't think Bethenny cares about Ramona, Mario and the girlfriend and Mario much like Jason has been smart enough to stay under the radar.

It didn't bode well for Bethenny butting into others' relationships last year, so I can't imagine she would go back down the same path this year.  She always feels like her brand is the most important thing in the world, so to say Ramona majorly screwed up would be a gross underestimation. 

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, TheMole said:

I'll add a TL;DR to the end of this. 

From an early point in filming the season there was some discontent among the cast with regards to  Bethenny's involvement on the show.  She may not hold a producer credit but whatever she wants she gets. Several other members of the cast were annoyed that they were working more than she was and doing more because she wasn't available. It was very clear that Bethenny had begun to distance herself from the show. She wants to leave on her own terms and I think with this new show on the horizon she finally will. 

It is extremely likely that Ramona would've been one cast member that felt that resentment towards Bethenny. Ramona has done all nine seasons of the show; she doesn't get paid as much as Bethenny, she won't get the same budget for clothes, food, events and she doesn't have as much say with production that Bethenny does (even though Ramona does take plenty of liberties).

I'm sure some of you guys have heard about the one Housewife that trains for the show like it's the Olympics and this is Ramona. She'll check on alliances with other cast mates before filming every season and practically does background checks on new cast members (You'd think she just Googles them but she could legitimately be a PI at this stage because she'll usually know people that run in their circle and will dig for information). 

The last time she had a real storyline was when she was divorcing Mario. But there's nothing going on in her life that's RHONY worthy so she has to create drama. Who better to do it with than Bethenny? What pisses Bethenny off the most after Bryn being brought up in the show is the fact she can see what Ramona is doing a mile away. And as we watch this play out, Ramona is plugging this feud on social media with interviews and posting articles about it.

TL;DR Bethenny didn't pull her weight this season from the off, some of the cast got very annoyed including Ramona, her beef with Bethenny is contrived based on resentment of Bethenny getting better treatment.

Ramona's so sad but also *creepy* - it's legit unnerving to read about her Wonk Face, PI work between seasons to find ammo against other women. It's not cute.  She's an evil, cruel walking bag of shit with Janice the Muppet's eyelash situation.

I'm generally not here for Beth but if she were to let fly with what she's heard from the chick Mario humiliated her with, I'd eat my weight in Skinnygirl popcorn.  And I do not generally take up for those who pull a Mario but damn.  The fact that he got out of their marriage without catching a homicide charge is amazing.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, oakville said:

On Sonya's first season, Luanne went over to the townhouse and they were pretending to drink coffee out of empty cups standing in Sonya's patio. Luanne was wearing a beautiful trench and boots. She stepped in a poop bomb.

Sonja is trying to sell her townhouse. There was a scene this season the Mad Hatter tea party. I think all of the interns quit after being forced to clean Poopville for the upcoming season.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, KungFuBunny said:

On Sonya's first season, Luanne went over to the townhouse and they were pretending to drink coffee out of empty cups standing in Sonya's patio. Luanne was wearing a beautiful trench and boots. She stepped in a poop bomb.

Sonja is trying to sell her townhouse. There was a scene this season the Mad Hatter tea party. I think all of the interns quit after being forced to clean Poopville for the upcoming season.

She's better off without the interns... well now that she has Tinsley. From what I understand she can now afford to have an assistant although that poor kid can't cover everything... production had to send a helper over to get her ready for her scheduled interviews. There are still people helping her out for free that we've seen on TV: stylists, make-up artists, the facialist, psychics, her dentist. She doesn't or rarely has paid them according to a few of them and stories that circulate from production and the cast. Everyone else has a team for events from PR to beauty and they get paid. I think the free labor backfired because the interns were only there temporarily, whatever the deal was but maybe she's starting to get it together.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Atlanta said:

How much do the Housewives get paid per show or per season? I didn't know they got a clothing allowance and perks.

BTW: What business is Ramona in besides manufacturing boyfriends?

Is Sonja in dire straits? Can she not afford to fix her townhouse? 

Salaries this year were kept under wraps. I do know when Sonja and Lu had pay for play contracts it was $20,000 a season. Soo... you see why Sonja was mad about the Berkshires? There are negotiations every year but I would guess Bethenny and Ramona make the most.

There is a clothing/beauty allowance for promo events and the reunion. Production picks up the tab for dinners and drinks (the latter usually causes a dispute if the ladies stay on drinking after filming and turn in a hefty receipt).

I don't know what Sonja's house is really like. I know some cast members aren't crazy about filming there but she opens her house up more than anyone so it's a sweet deal for production. I do know there's almost always damage caused by crew to the point she won't let them use the toilets incase they brake. I get the impression that it's because everything is quite old and damages easily because the crew aren't sloppy.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, TheMole said:

Salaries this year were kept under wraps. I do know when Sonja and Lu had pay for play contracts it was $20,000 a season. Soo... you see why Sonja was mad about the Berkshires? There are negotiations every year but I would guess Bethenny and Ramona make the most.

There is a clothing/beauty allowance for promo events and the reunion. Production picks up the tab for dinners and drinks (the latter usually causes a dispute if the ladies stay on drinking after filming and turn in a hefty receipt).

I don't know what Sonja's house is really like. I know some cast members aren't crazy about filming there but she opens her house up more than anyone so it's a sweet deal for production. I do know there's almost always damage caused by crew to the point she won't let them use the toilets incase they brake. I get the impression that it's because everything is quite old and damages easily because the crew aren't sloppy.

Do you mean that they were/are paid 20K per episode or each day they were filmed? Not including the reunion it would put their pay around $400K for the regular season, which isn't bad for 3-4 months of work, if it is per episode and much more if it is each day they are filmed.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Do you mean that they were/are paid 20K per episode or each day they were filmed? Not including the reunion it would put their pay around $400K for the regular season, which isn't bad for 3-4 months of work, if it is per episode and much more if it is each day they are filmed.

I am guessing Luann is bringing down the  big money.  She was pretty much the show last year.  And there was a special about her.  A lot of various sites break RH salaries down per episode.  I read recently Bethenny makes $40 k per episode.  It might be just a way of referencing it.

• Love 3
54 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Per scene. So as the article below says it can work out quite well. It's amazing to think that Lu probably made a ton last season when she was in her third year of demotion. Back in S6 she didn't sign on until the fifth week of filming.

Actually I wonder what the contract stipulates for the reunion. I wonder if it's a fixed amount, desperate to the rest of the season.

http://pge.sx/1HIoA1f

• Love 3
5 hours ago, oakville said:

And, in past seasons, we've seen evidence of her dog (Milliou-?) using the patio/backyard space.  I think there was a scene once where Luann had to navigate around a lot of dog poop when walking out there.

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, TheMole said:

Per scene. So as the article below says it can work out quite well. It's amazing to think that Lu probably made a ton last season when she was in her third year of demotion. Back in S6 she didn't sign on until the fifth week of filming.

Actually I wonder what the contract stipulates for the reunion. I wonder if it's a fixed amount, desperate to the rest of the season.

http://pge.sx/1HIoA1f

I have read that the reunion pay is pretty nice/big to make sure the women show up! I think if they skip the reunion they are fired, which is what happened to Adrienne Maloof (BH) but Jacqueline (NJ) faked being sick and got away with it.

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

And, in past seasons, we've seen evidence of her dog (Milliou-?) using the patio/backyard space.  I think there was a scene once where Luann had to navigate around a lot of dog poop when walking out there.

We clean up after our dogs when they poop in the backyard.

• Love 5

I agree with others that something must've happened off camera for Ramona to be going so hard at Bethenny.  On the show, it's just not making any sense that she would bring up Bethenny's topless scene.  Ramona has always had no filter, but she's doing way too much this season.

I like that Carole is getting along with everyone.  She can be the bridge between all of the cast members.  I do think she is really into Adam and is pushing him away to avoid getting in too deep and thinking they'll have a future only for her to possibly be hurt by him leaving her for a younger woman when he wants children.   Carole seems to be waiting for the shoe to drop.

As far as Bethenny cleaning out Brynn's room, nobody knows Brynn and her ties to her possessions more than Bethenny.  Bethenny doesn't come across as a complete lunatic, so I'm pretty sure she didn't purposely get rid of things she knows Brynn cares about.

LuAnn just wants to get married and wants a lifestyle even if her man cheats.  She needs to tell the other women that she knows what she's doing and it's her business. 

• Love 9
On 5/13/2017 at 5:13 PM, oakville said:

I wonder if Bethenny will buy it?

I don't think it would be a good flip-investment.  It's next to a parking garage; only the desperate would jump on that one (the townhouse, I mean).

• Love 3
9 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Bethenny is more vindictive IMO but she has more to lose at this stage, Ramona has more pride but less to lose, which makes them equally dangerous to each other. LOL

I was considering a very brief encounter where Bethenny's quick wit and smart comments could wither Ramona who's certainly not quick by any measure.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Poor Tinsley is now in charge of poop duty clean up. 

• Love 2
(edited)
On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 3:05 PM, Lemons said:

Luann always tried to act like "old money" and claimed being a countess taught her so much about etiquette and the proper way that one does things. I guess she's just "regular folks" now since her new husband isn't royalty. But I can imagine how much snickering there was in palm beach when Luann walked down the aisle. 

I get why some think she's haughty but Lu never made any pretense of being to the manor born. She always said she was a nurse from working class Connecticut town who grew up with a hoard of brothers and sisters next to her dad's contracting business. I've always thought Alex's Kansas oil money and Ramona's earth shattering 2 year fashion degree/2nds resale business were putting on more airs. Heck- Jill's own sister called her out on having an aggrandized view of her mother. And Sonja of the New York state Tremont's has to rank up there as well... 

Although I am with the rest of everyone on the dress not looking that great compared to how easy it should be to dress Luann. Then again maybe it looked better in person. At least it wasn't some overwrought mermaid, trained or full skirted fiasco. Then again to paraphrase Joan Rivers a disaster of a dress is more interesting than boring.  Bring back Alex's FEED getup, Ramona's 1980s satin prom dresses and Lu's early season on shouldered purple dresses. 

Is Zang Toi still on the scene. I miss that little fu**er and his Braveheart inspired formal wear. 

Edited by robroy
  • Love 6
(edited)

I don't think Lu ever portrayed her growing up as being moneyed.  She 'is' a nurse and never had any problem making that known when necessary...Ro throwing the glass at Kristen.  Maybe not a "RN" but she did have her degree.  She was also successful in Europe as a host.

By the time Ro went to FIT, IIRC it was a four year degree.  But in any case, FIT is 'the' school for fashion.  I know.  I went there.  She apparently was in fashion buying and merchandising which is the easiest major to get into.  However, Ro did have a really good career and did really well.  I won't take that away from her. 

Ro is going hard on Beth.  I don't think we may know the 'whole' story.  Dorinda seems not to be all that enamored as she used to be as well.  Just a feeling.  We all know why Lu has a problem with her.  After two seasons of being 'back', maybe the bloom is off the rose.

On another note, isn't Jason's behavior all coming from Beth?  Or her boyfriend Dennis?  Who apparently had no problem with Beth calling his daughter to verify something during last season's reunion.  How's 'his' divorce coming along?  Did he file yet?  

Ok...  We can go back into the discussion of Jason and his parents.  Yawn...but IMO that family has given Bryn a lot more normalcy than her mother.  Weekends in middle class Pennsylvania.  Spending time with other relatives.  Just saying.  Yeah, they lost a son but I don't agree with the conclusions that have been drawn by some about that.  I think they're just a close family.  I'm sure others will disagree.

Beth cleaning out Bryn's room was like watching someone cleaning an already cleaned out child's room.  We've seen Beth clean out her own closet.  Ya know, where things are put into baggies with organizational overload.  But... we did have Beth take away Jason's man cave for 'her' closet. 

Sorry for the rambling....  Too many posts to reply to.

Edited by breezy424
  • Love 7
(edited)

Nah. It's more of a jealousy thing with Ramona and LuAnn. They both acted the same way when Bethenny was getting her first spinoff.  OMG! Now she's getting another spinoff. How dare it be her and not them!  It's very clear (imo) that Ramona wants her own spinoff..."Ramona Single in the City", and LuAnn wants her "LuAnn and Tom Happily Ever After". Sorry, both would be a snooze fest to watch. You can already see how boring RHONY is when Bethenny is only in a few scenes.  

Bethenny cut her loses as clearly Jason is more wedded to his mom and dad than he ever was to Bethenny.  

Edited by Martinigirl
  • Love 6
52 minutes ago, Martinigirl said:

Nah. It's more of a jealousy thing with Ramona and LuAnn. They both acted the same way when Bethenny was getting her first spinoff.  OMG! Now she's getting another spinoff. How dare it be her and not them!  It's very clear (imo) that Ramona wants her own spinoff..."Ramona Single in the City", and LuAnn wants her "LuAnn and Tom Happily Ever After". Sorry, both would be a snooze fest to watch. You can already see how boring RHONY is when Bethenny is only in a few scenes.  

Bethenny cut her loses as clearly Jason is more wedded to his mom and dad than he ever was to Bethenny.  

First of all, she dated him all but what,

7 months before getting pregnant and married?

Then she got separated when Brynn was not even 2 years old.

when would they have had  a chance to bond?

He did not fit with her lifestyle which is fine. But, accusing Jason of loving his family of origin more than the one he created with Beth so quickly is unfair.

• Love 12
56 minutes ago, Martinigirl said:

I've got to disagree about the spinoff jealousy from the original. It was Jill who went ballistic back then. I'm not sure Lu cared either way and was probably too busy with her divorce at the moment to really care. Ramona played the whole situation like a champ by inserting herself as defender of Beth and assuming queen bee status after she left. While throwing shade on Beth on WWHL and interviews the minute she was officially off the show.

Luann didn't even hold out for a wedding special so I doubt she wants to carry her own show.

I think the big problem now is Ramona having literally nothing of interest going on in her life. She's quarrelling with Bethenney for relevance. And after a decade of pissing on people she is the one on the short end of the stick in terms of inclusion and invitations. Which has to gal her since she was the first one not wanting to include other housewives in early seasons. She really doesn't mind people being excluded or treated poorly- unless she is on the receiving end.

Too be honest- I think Beth in 2 scenes an episode is my favorite amount of Beth. One or two quips, hanging witht he ones she usually likes and no need for her to try an verbally assault anyone or insist others kiss her ring for inclusion.

• Love 7

Usually does not have a happy ending for a newly married couple. Better to cut your losses if hubby is more wedded to mom and/or dad than to you. Can't win against that level of psychopathology.  EVERY weekend for 2 years?????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's insane!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nah. LuAnn was/is jealous. She wanted to be a part of the Skinny Margarita. Actually claimed she invented the idea. 

• Love 5

First of all, she dated him all but what,

7 months before getting pregnant and married?

Then she got separated when Brynn was not even 2 years old.

when would they have had  a chance to bond?

Maybe if Jason was a viscount or marquess, the marriage would have lasted longer...

Luann didn't even hold out for a wedding special so I doubt she wants to carry her own show.

I thought she did but BTS drama and leaked photos and whatnot derailed all of that...

LuAnn was/is jealous. She wanted to be a part of the Skinny Margarita. Actually claimed she invented the idea. 

That was a good laugh.

• Love 4