Type keyword(s) to search

Roseanne Revival

I came across the following news item titled:

‘Roseanne’ Getting Revival With Roseanne Barr, John Goodman, Sara Gilbert & Co.

http://deadline.com/2017/04/roseanne-revival-roseanne-barr-john-goodman-sara-gilbert-1202078883/

The item basically says the show is going to make a comeback - a revival.

I'd like to pose the question: Do you think you would make a serious attempt to watch this show in 2017?

IMHO, it was starting its decline long before it was cancelled and I can't imagine it being too entertaining in today's world.

However, I will probably just read a few of your posts and opinions on this board after the first episode is broacast to see what you all think. If you seem to have enjoyed it, I wlll then probably take a look. But I would doubt this revival could be very entertaining. However, you just never know. Roseanne certainly does have some talent and there is always a chance she could pull it off.

The one thing I wonder, is why would she wait so long before tackling another project? If she wanted to wok, why didn't she try to produce some other entertainment in all these years?

The funny thing is that of all the characters in the original show, the only two that I'd like to see again Alicia Goranson (who played Becky) and Johnny Galecki (who is now starring in The Big Bang Theory).

My guess is that both of these actors would not want to participate in any such revival. Galecki is busy with The Big Bang Theory and Goranson seemed to have developed strong feelings about leaving the show as well as most everything else Hollywood. Didn't she leave in order to join the Peace Corps or some similar org?

Edited by MissBluxom
21 minutes ago, MissBluxom said:

I came across the following news item titled:

‘Roseanne’ Getting Revival With Roseanne Barr, John Goodman, Sara Gilbert & Co.

http://deadline.com/2017/04/roseanne-revival-roseanne-barr-john-goodman-sara-gilbert-1202078883/

The item basically says the show is going to make a comeback - a revival.

I'd like to pose the question: Do you think you would make a serious attempt to watch this show in 2017?

IMHO, it was starting its decline long before it was cancelled and I can't imagine it being too entertaining in today's world.

However, I will probably just read a few of your posts and opinions on this board after the first episode is broacast to see what you all think. If you seem to have enjoyed it, I wlll then probably take a look. But I would doubt this revival could be very entertaining. However, you just never know. Roseanne certainly does have some talent and there is always a chance she could pull it off.

The one thing I wonder, is why would she wait so long before tackling another project? If she wanted to wok, why didn't she try to produce some other entertainment in all these years?

The funny thing is that of all the characters in the original show, the only two that I'd like to see again Alicia Goranson (who played Becky) and Johnny Galecki (who is now starring in The Big Bang Theory).

My guess is that both of these actors would not want to participate in any such revival. Galecki is busy with The Big Bang Theory and Goranson seemed to have developed strong feelings about leaving the show as well as most everything else Hollywood. Didn't she leave in order to join the Peace Corps or some similar org?

I would watch the revival. Roseanne was a great show (even despite the last season) and I would watch primarily for Roseanne and Dan Goodman who had great chemistry together. 

• Love 10

I would watch this. The character of David grated on my last nerve, so if Johnny Galecki wasn't fully available, I wouldn't be disappointed. They could just say he worked out of town and he could make a small appearance, or they could decide that Darlene was gay and they ended up divorcing. I would be happy with either actress as Becky. I didn't like ditzy Becky, but the actress is somewhat well known and has improved since Roseanne, so I could tolerate her. 

I would hope they could get a few of the secondary characters to make appearances. They could have Bev living with Roseanne and Dan (or with Jackie) and I would hope they'd keep Leon around. Other characters like Nancy, Fred and Chuck and Anne Marie could also make small appearances. Sadly we can't have Mark or Nana Mary, but I'd love to see a few cameo appearances by the background characters. 

• Love 9
(edited)

I completely forgot about Roseanne's sister. I think she was one of the most talented of the cast - her and John Goodman. Now that I remember, I think that I would want to watch the revival just so I could see how she does. She's been in some really great shows since  Roseanne went off the air.

OMG! Upon re-reading this article, I see where Roseanne said that  Becky would perhaps be working at Walmart. I always suspected there might have been some bad feelings resulting from  Becky leaving the show (it seemed suddenly) to go and work for some humanitarian org. At least that was the impression I got. I don't exactly remember. But I think she left to join Peace Corps or Habitat for Humanity or some similar org. I don't think Roseanne was too happy about that. I recall some interviews that R. gave and she sure did not seem very happy about that. Now there is proof. She wants to see Becky working at Walmart in the revival. Wouldn't that be close to proof?

Edited by MissBluxom
  • Love 1

Lecy left for college, not to do humanitarian work, and while Roseanne would have obviously preferred to keep her until the show was over, they're still in contact with each other (the entire cast is), so I don't think there is any lingering bad blood (or even that it was a big thing then, since Lecy was invited back whenever her schedule allowed).  The Becky working at Wal-Mart thing seems simply an accurate representation of the character's employment options.

• Love 9

I'm surprised Roseanne saw Future Becky working at Wal-Mart since the writers had Becky having misgivings about her marriage & flirting with the idea of returning to school to pursue being a doctor.

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, Bastet said:

Lecy left for college, not to do humanitarian work, and while Roseanne would have obviously preferred to keep her until the show was over, they're still in contact with each other (the entire cast is), so I don't think there is any lingering bad blood (or even that it was a big thing then, since Lecy was invited back whenever her schedule allowed).  The Becky working at Wal-Mart thing seems simply an accurate representation of the character's employment options.

Becky was smart and always seemed like a hard worker. If she did work at Walmart, I could see her in a supervisory role, especially if she had been working there for a while. 

Just now, Dee said:

I'm surprised Roseanne saw Future Becky working at Wal-Mart since the writers had Becky having misgivings about her marriage & flirting with the idea of returning to school to pursue being a doctor.

If she eventually went to community college or a trade school, I could see her as a medical assistant or something like that. It's not a doctor, but it's a respectable career and she's most likely have a job with benefits. 

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, Dee said:

She wanted to go to college and maybe become an EMT or physical therapist, and Mark translated that into she was going to go to med school and leave him.  There was a wonderful storyline building there in Becky Howser, M.D., but then Lecy couldn't get away from school to go film the Disneyworld episodes, and they reverted to Sarah's ditzy, unambitious Becky.

• Love 8

I love the first few seasons of Roseanne, it remains one of my favorite shows ever, but I wonder what would be the point of a revival? It's not like the show ended abruptly, with a cliffhanger and unanswered questions. If anything, it was on a few years past its expiration date. And then there is the question of the total mess that was the finale, will they ignore or explain that? I won't lie, I would probably watch but I really don't have a strong desire to see what the Connors are up to, 20 years later.

• Love 8

Becky was smart and always seemed like a hard worker. If she did work at Walmart, I could see her in a supervisory role, especially if she had been working there for a while. 

Heck, I could see her making her way up the management ladder of that particular Walmart, if not outright being the general manager herself eventually.

I do have mixed feeling about a revival. The finale pretty much told us how and where everyone ended up, so unless they ignore all of that, it would just be a chance for us to see how things have changed further. And I'm not sure we need 8 episodes for that, especially as some of the characters are dead, and some of the actors are dead.

• Love 3

I just posted in the episode thread, I didn't see this one.  

I'm so excited to hear this. Roseanne is my all time favorite show.  The theme song is my ringtone and I watch it every day. I'm watching the one where Darlene goes to college on TV Land right now.    I had a couple of questions that were kind of answered here. I wondered if they would be rich or if they would forget the lottery crap, if Becky is working at Walmart that answers my question. 

I will be there watching every single episode, even if it sucks. 

• Love 10

If nothing else, there will likely be a lot of young adults in the cast. 

Dan & Roseanne's son Jerry, Jackie & Fred's son Andy, Darlene & David's daughter Harris, Mark & Becky's potential child and Ed & Crystal's kids Little Ed & Angela should all be college aged now.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Dee said:

If nothing else, there will likely be a lot of young adults in the cast. 

Dan & Roseanne's son Jerry, Jackie & Fred's son Andy, Darlene & David's daughter Harris, Mark & Becky's potential child and Ed & Crystal's kids Little Ed & Angela should all be college aged now.

You make an interesting point. Didn't Andy transition? I know it was a gag joke over the end credits. Jackie and Fred were still together in their old age. Off screen, Andy was getting read for the big game. He comes out dressed as a cheerleader with pompoms a beautiful young woman. Fred remarks, 'No wonder why I drink so much.' Or 'I wonder why I drink so much.' It was something similar to that. LOL.

I'd like to see what the Connor's are to since the election of 45. 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, jonesingjay said:

I'd like to see what the Connor's are to since the election of 45. 

That would be fun, but I wouldn't want a show with thousands of pop culture references that date it. The nice thing about the original show was that, despite stuff like clothing and hairstyles) it could still be seen as relevant today. It doesn't really date itself. 

• Love 7

From the article

On her website in 2009, Barr gave her detailed take on where each of the main characters from the show would be in a possible Roseanne revival: Roseanne and Jackie opening the first medical marijuana dispensary in Lanford; Dan reappearing alive after faking his death; DJ being published; Mark dying in Iraq; David leaving Darlene for a woman half his age; Darlene coming out, meeting a woman and having a baby with her; Becky working at Walmart; Arnie befriending the governor of Illinois and remarrying Nancy; Bev selling a painting for $10,000; Jerry and the grandsons forming a boy band; and Bonnie being arrested for selling crack.

Of course, that was 2009.

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, HeySandyStrange said:

I love the first few seasons of Roseanne, it remains one of my favorite shows ever, but I wonder what would be the point of a revival? It's not like the show ended abruptly, with a cliffhanger and unanswered questions. If anything, it was on a few years past its expiration date. And then there is the question of the total mess that was the finale, will they ignore or explain that? I won't lie, I would probably watch but I really don't have a strong desire to see what the Connors are up to, 20 years later.

I agree. Roseanne was one of my favorite sitcoms, but the last few seasons were so disastrous, I'm not sure a revival could erase the stench. 

Even Roseanne's "update" on where the characters would've been is ridiculous. Why would a devoted family man like Dan fake his death? Or a pushover-but-generally-nice-kid like David ditch his daughter? Original Becky wouldn't have settled for working at Walmart and I can't see Mark joining the military. Tomboy Darlene coming out of the closet is such a cliche and I think most people forgot Jerry even existed. I admit I'm curious to see where they go with this, but I wish Roseanne would stop with the outlandish character arcs.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 11
26 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I agree. Roseanne was one of my favorite sitcoms, but the last few seasons were so disastrous, I'm not sure a revival could erase the stench. 

Even Roseanne's "update" on where the characters would've been is ridiculous. Why would a devoted family man like Dan fake his death? Or a pushover-but-generally-nice-kid like David ditch his daughter? Original Becky wouldn't have settled for working at Walmart and I can't see Mark joining the military. Tomboy Darlene coming out of the closet is such a cliche and I think most people forgot Jerry even existed. I admit I'm curious to see where they go with this, but I wish Roseanne would stop with the outlandish character arcs.

I honestly think Roseanne was trolling people a bit with those updates in 2009, in part by basing some of what happened with the characters by their actors' own personal lives (Glenn Quinn's death and Sara Gilbert being a lesbian probably being the most obvious), and perhaps by intentionally exaggerating what may have happened with the characters by making their situations sound worse than they actually would be or turned out.

Edited by UYI
  • Love 6

Tomboy Darlene coming out of the closet is such a cliche

If anything, it would be more interesting and less cliched if Becky was the one who came out and was married to a woman, with Darlene either happily married to or in a long term relationship with a guy (not necessarily David, mind you).

• Love 8
5 hours ago, jonesingjay said:

You make an interesting point. Didn't Andy transition? I know it was a gag joke over the end credits. Jackie and Fred were still together in their old age. Off screen, Andy was getting read for the big game. He comes out dressed as a cheerleader with pompoms a beautiful young woman. Fred remarks, 'No wonder why I drink so much.' Or 'I wonder why I drink so much.' It was something similar to that. LOL.

I think Jackie went through a phase where she dressed Andy in girl's clothing. 

• Love 3

I'm of mixed feelings about this. We absolutely need a show on TV right now like Roseanne- a honest, realistic look at blue-collar lower-middle-class America in 2017. However, I'm not so sure about this revival.  I still cringe at how awful season 9 was.

Not sure how they could bring Dan back without some super cheesy soap opera kind of storyline.

I think they should have Mark die just as Glenn Quinn did, of a heroin overdose.  If she wants an Iraq war vet, I think DJ is more age appropriate.  I am kind of curious where the next generation ended up.  Its hard to believe Jerry, Little Ed, Andy, and Harris would be adults by now. I feel so old.

Edited by AgentRXS
  • Love 12
10 hours ago, AgentRXS said:

I think they should have Mark die just as Glenn Quinn did, of a heroin overdose. 

OMG, I had forgotten that Glenn Quinn died. You are right that they should also have Mark die of a heroin overdose, especially given the current opioid epidemic.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 6
15 minutes ago, AgentRXS said:

I'm of mixed feelings about this. We absolutely need a show on TV right now like Roseanne- a honest, realistic look at blue-collar lower-middle-class America in 2017. However, I'm not so sure about this revival.  I still cringe at how awful season 9 was.

I liked season nine when I did a re-watch a couple of years ago.  At the time, it was so jarringly different I didn't like it, but that far removed upon re-watch I had a completely different perspective. 

I generally cringe at revivals, because shows seem to be a product of their times and best left in the past, but the fundamental issues explored by this show are just as relevant -- a feminist, blue-collar examination of America?  Hell, yeah, then and now.  With so much of the behind-the-scenes team returning along with the actors, I'm less hesitant about this than I'd otherwise be.  I will definitely be tuning in, and probably not even peeking out from behind my fingers hoping it doesn't suck; I'm expecting a bit of "Wow, I tend not to think about how much time has passed," and some awkwardness like the first season, but also not only hoping for but genuinely anticipating this will feel like it fits within the series as a whole, and includes some moments that would feel at home in seasons two through six.  (Four is my favorite.)

• Love 7

I think it's a terrible idea simply because Roseanne Barr herself is so off kilter even today! I loved the realism of Seasons 1-6, but I found the last 3 seasons unwatchable. I never liked the transition over to focusing onto to David, Mark, and even Fred (none of them appealed to me story-wise) while most of the other characters sadly regressed. Those last few seasons were filled with subconscious rage and anger as she drove the creative direction, which is why they were awful IMO.

I like Roseanne (Barr) in small doses but I don't trust her to do justice to the character developments in a revival. She probably was trolling when thinking "Becky works at a WalMart", but I wouldn't put it past her to damage the character further while Jackie flops around the like a vaudeville act.

• Love 7
19 hours ago, AgentRXS said:

Not sure how they could bring Dan back without some super cheesy soap opera kind of storyline.

I think they should have Mark die just as Glenn Quinn did, of a heroin overdose.  If she wants an Iraq war vet, I think DJ is more age appropriate.  I am kind of curious where the next generation ended up.  Its hard to believe Jerry, Little Ed, Andy, and Harris would be adults by now. I feel so old.

I think The Middle is a lot like Roseanne. Thats one of the reasons i like The Middle so much. They are a struggling lower middle class family.  Love that show. 

I thinl they can explain Dan's "death" really easy by saying it was just part of Roseanne's book. 

• Love 3

I thinl they can explain Dan's "death" really easy by saying it was just part of Roseanne's book. 

But I thought the Dan cheating thing was part of the book.  Roseanne really screwed things up with that finale of hers.

I think it's a terrible idea simply because Roseanne Barr herself is so off kilter even today! I loved the realism of Seasons 1-6, but I found the last 3 seasons unwatchable. I never liked the transition over to focusing onto to David, Mark, and even Fred (none of them appealed to me story-wise) while most of the other characters sadly regressed. Those last few seasons were filled with subconscious rage and anger as she drove the creative direction, which is why they were awful IMO.

This worries me too. While I don't think she's as angry as she was back then, I'm not sure how in touch she is with today's working class realities.  Her 2009 update seems a bit outlandish.

I was thinking that it would be interesting if they show some interracial marriages.  Didn't Anne-Marie have a son, Chuck Jr around Becky/Darlenes age? I could see Becky getting remarried to Chuck Jr after Mark's death. Maybe show them having both working steady average-wage jobs but still struggling to make ends meet with rising costs of everything.

I could see Darlene and David still being together, but in a non-traditional open marriage. Bisexuality (real relationships, not just girls doing to turn straight men on) is seldom covered on TV and I think Roseanne's version of Darlene's life in 2009  is so cliche. I can see David/Darlene both realizing that they are attracted to the same sex, but still love and want to be together, so they have each have other relationships but stayed married. If any show would be open to exploring this, it would be Roseanne.

And it would be extremely remiss not to add a few Hispanic characters-- I'm sure a town like Lanfords identity has changed over the past 20 years (and I'm curious how older lifelong residents like Roseanne and Jackie reacted to those changes.

I know the election is over and people are fatigued by it, but I could totally see Roseanne supporting Trump, Jackie backing Hillary, and the younger generations supporting Bernie and then becoming apathetic when he didn't get nominated.  They can cover the fallout of the election without mentioning the candidates too much, I think.

So much for this show to explore and I guess, I'm hoping Roseanne doesn't screw it up.

Edited by AgentRXS
  • Love 4
21 minutes ago, AgentRXS said:

But I thought the Dan cheating thing was part of the book. 

Yes.  In reality, he died (of the heart attack), and she felt abandoned.  So, when she wrote the book, she wrote Dan as having had the emotional affair with the nurse while in California, to explore those feelings of abandonment, and then coming back to her, to give herself the happy ending denied to her in real life.

The other big revelation from the finale that I wonder if they'll retcon for the revival is the husband switch -- that it was actually Becky/David and Darlene/Mark who got together, but she thought David was better for Darlene and Mark better for Becky, so she wrote them that way. 

Edited by Bastet
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, FairyDusted said:

And Jackie and maybe still Bev left the book gay.  

Book Jackie was straight and Book Bev was gay, but we learn in the finale that in reality it's the opposite -- Jackie had always told Roseanne she was gay, but Roseanne kept imagining her with men, so wrote her that way, and Bev was so sheltered and closed off from herself, Roseanne thought writing her as a lesbian might give her more sense of herself as a woman.  ("Oh yeah, and she's nuts.") 

• Love 6
(edited)

This worries me too. While I don't think she's as angry as she was back then, I'm not sure how in touch she is with today's working class realities.  Her 2009 update seems a bit outlandish.I could see Darlene and David still being together, but in a non-traditional open marriage. Bisexuality (real relationships, not just girls doing to turn straight men on) is seldom covered on TV and I think Roseanne's version of Darlene's life in 2009  is so cliche. I can see David/Darlene both realizing that they are attracted to the same sex, but still love and want to be together, so they have each have other relationships but stayed married.

I kind of love this idea. DJ's reaction alone already has me cracking up.

I was thinking that it would be interesting if they show some interracial marriages.  Didn't Anne-Marie have a son, Chuck Jr around Becky/Darlenes age? I could see Becky getting remarried to Chuck Jr after Mark's death. Maybe show them having both working steady average-wage jobs but still struggling to make ends meet with rising costs of everything.

Chuck Jr. (played by Jussie & Jurnee Smollett's older brother Jojo) & Becky were around the same age, give or take a year. I'd love to see them married with a couple of kids, instead of Becky with a Mark recast (given poor Glenn Quinn's fate) or some random new character.

Plus anything that potentially brings Chuck (Dan's best friend) & Anne Marie back is awesome.

And it would be extremely remiss not to add a few Hispanic characters-- I'm sure a town like Lanfords identity has changed over the past 20 years (and I'm curious how older lifelong residents like Roseanne and Jackie reacted to those changes.

Roseanne & Jackie had a friend/co-worker from Wellman, Juanita, who started a small business, with her husband Paco, after quitting Wellman with Roseanne and the others. It might be a nice bit of continuity, and social commentary, to bring them back as recurring characters too.

Speaking of recurring characters, I'd also like to see returns of Fred & Bonnie, if Michael O'Keefe and Bonnie Bramlett are willing to return. They (along with the aforementioned Anne Marie & Chuck) were always my favorite recurring characters in the vast Roseanne-universe.

Edited by Dee
  • Love 5
36 minutes ago, Bastet said:

Book Jackie was straight and Book Bev was gay, but we learn in the finale that in reality it's the opposite -- Jackie had always told Roseanne she was gay, but Roseanne kept imagining her with men, so wrote her that way, and Bev was so sheltered and closed off from herself, Roseanne thought writing her as a lesbian might give her more sense of herself as a woman.  ("Oh yeah, and she's nuts.") 

Thank you for the reminder! I rarely get down to those last few seasons. I dust em tho!

• Love 1

I'd be really interested to see how the Conner clan turned out.  I know how they turned out in my head, but it would be really interesting to have a few episodes with the Conner Clan 2.0 to see how they turned out.

With the Mark Character no longer with us, I would assumed they'd make them Divorced. Not because He cheated, but because BECKY DID and he threw her out when he came home and caught her.

I'd think Darlene & David would still be together, with more kids, and their new agey parenting style rose up and bit them in the ass and now their kids are out of control. Except when they're at Grandma Rosie's house.

The rest? Eh...I don't know...it'd be interesting to see what they do with it.

I remember Roseanne had the Devil's own time with that show because the producers, directors, and writers kept trying to take her vision and change it into something she never meant it to be. She had to fight and fight hard for ever single thing in that show. Which probably what killed it in the end. It'd be interesting to see what her vision for Future!Roseanne and company would be without the fighting and struggling. She's a big enough star now that nobody would DARE contradict anything she said, did, or wanted to do. Should be interesting...if not fun.

• Love 6
(edited)

I'd be fine with it as long as they pretend Dan's death was something for Roseanne's book.  It would be too lame if they had a "faked his death" plot line.

One issue: wasn't Roseanne for Trump?  How would they have that "fight the man" element if the creator supported "the man"? 

Edited by Brn2bwild
  • Love 3
18 hours ago, Brn2bwild said:

One issue: wasn't Roseanne for Trump?  How would they have that "fight the man" element if the creator supported "the man"? 

That's what I thought, too. But her Twitter feed is such a melting pot of crazy and conspiracy theories that it's often difficult to tell what she actually believes these days. 

• Love 3

I'm of very mixed feelings too.  The show didn't end on a high note, and I'm not really sure I trust the people who would be in charge of the revival.   At it's best, Roseanne was very funny and relatable.  At it's worst, it was completely unwatchable.   

• Love 8

Now that the main characters are on board, I wonder who they will get from the supporting cast. Does the actress who played Bev still act? I would love to see a lot of the recurring characters, with the exception of Nancy. 

• Love 4

Yes, Estelle Parsons turned in a wonderful performance on Grace & Frankie.  So, if she's up to it when filming commences (she's 90, so I suspect things can change on a dime), I am sure we will see Bev.

• Love 6
20 hours ago, txhorns79 said:

I'm of very mixed feelings too.  The show didn't end on a high note, and I'm not really sure I trust the people who would be in charge of the revival.   At it's best, Roseanne was very funny and relatable.  At it's worst, it was completely unwatchable.   

This is a perfect summation of my feelings.  At the end of the series, Roseanne had completely lost touch with the blue collar sensibilities that had made her famous.  I will give this a chance, but am hesitant to get my hopes up.

• Love 4

ITA with those who loved the early years of Rosanne (in particular, when she was married to Tom Arnold. Whatever went on in the marriage, the show was terrific), but not so much the later years.

Scroll down in the link for the video shown at the upfronts. I found it less than impressive; all clips with no sense of what's planned for the revival. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/17/business/media/abc-upfront-presentation-advertisers.html?rref=collection%2Fsectioncollection%2Ftelevision&action=click&contentCollection=television&region=stream&module=stream_unit&version=latest&contentPlacement=10&pgtype=sectionfront

• Love 2

I'm definitely going to watch this, and hope that it's more fun and tongue in cheek than a realistic follow-on to the original series finale. I love when the show made fun of its inconsistencies ("David's not even his real name, Darlene just made that up!" and the two Becky jokes) and hope it follows in that vein, and they revert to the original character histories that we spent years getting to know. As you all have mentioned, Roseanne's epilogue changed so many things that we thought we knew about the family/storyline that I think it would be a very bad idea to keep that as canon. People are watching this for the nostalgia, not to see her bizarro-world storylines play out. The Becky/Darlene husband switch would be particularly confusing to show, and I don't think anyone wants to see a Becky/David pairing.

Two requests for this: please include Leon, and for the love of loose meat, PLEASE do not have wacky-Jackie! Original recipe only!

• Love 5
(edited)

Well, the Becky/Darlene husband switch is incredibly problematic because Glenn Quinn is dead and Johnny Galecki seems like he'd be hard to get. They could do a scenario where both of them are either divorced or widowed. Depressing, but not unrealistic. It would also be a good reason for them to need their parent's help.

You guys really wanna feel old? Next year will mark the 30th anniversary of Roseanne's first season.

I was born in 1985 so I was too young to see the first seasons when they were first-run. I remember watching the "Becky and her friend get drunk while studying" episode and being confused when they talked about their essay on the new decade of the 1990's, because I went, "Wait, it's 1994! The 90's are already here!" It took me awhile to understand syndication and that they were actually in 1989/1990. LOL.

My problem is that Lecy Goranson seems like she's not all there (I've seen more recent interviews and the girl slurred her way through them), and Michael Fishman hasn't acted since he was 15.

Sometimes it works when you bring former child stars out of retirement for a revival show, like Andrea on Fuller House, but it could go very, very bad.

Actually, nevermind...it looks like Michael Fishman got back into acting recently. Hopefully it won't be cringey then.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 1

Michael Fishman's acting was never that great as he got older, and honestly, DJ was marginalized on the original show, so I don't expect much focus on him in this series. Its only 8 eps and their is a lot to catch up on, depending on which characters Roseanne Barr includes in the reboot. Even Michael's acting is horrible, I doubt their will be much focus on him anyway.

I hope Lecy pulls a Jodie Sweetin and gets (or has already gotten) help for whatever issues she has, and knocks this revival out of the park. The Full House revival is pretty terrible, but Jodie is the highlight of that show, and make it almost bearable to watch.

I think the straw that will break the camel's back for me is Jackie. I really hope that we get a chance catch up with Original Recipe Jackie. If Roseanne Barr wastes Laurie Metcalf's talents yet again by having her run around acting like wacky Gilligan, I'm out on the first ep. Jackie should be too old for that mess and I'm not interested in watching that crap again.

I'm interested to see how much Roseanne and Jackie take after Bev now that they are  around the age she was during the original run. I'm really curious to see how the family dynamics play out now. I could totally see Darlene having the better relationship with Roseanne then Becky. I imagine Becky/Roseanne having a similar relationship to Jackie/Bev and Becky being closer to Jackie as a result. And I wonder if that caused a rift between Jackie and Roseanne. I know they touched upon that happening a bit in the original run so seeing how the family dynamics shook out should be interesting.

• Love 3