Type keyword(s) to search

Roseanne Revival

2 hours ago, Maharincess said:

What am I missing? How does that little black girl look like David and Darlene's kid?  She's a cute kid but I must be missing something because she sure doesn't look like she could be their kid. 

The older girl is the one playing Harris, David & Darlene's daughter. I had to look twice to make sure that wasn't Sara Gilbert. Whoever said the casting was great for her, they were spot on. Nobody knows who the little black girl is playing yet.

Edited by llewis823
  • Love 5

I didn't see an older girl in the picture.

In the picture, the woman on the right is Emma Kinney, not Sara Gilbert. I know, right? And if you click on the little tab (emmarosekinney) at the top of the pic, you'll find others of her, including a selfie she took as she was leaving the Roseanne set for the day, still with her hair similarly curled for the role.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Neptune said:

Roseanne Revival Looks Like a Happy Reunion: See What's Happening Behind the Scenes of the ABC Series

http://www.eonline.com/news/888758/roseanne-revival-looks-like-a-happy-reunion-see-what-s-happening-behind-the-scenes-of-the-abc-series

That was a nice article. 

There was a video on the Roseanne Facebook page of the cast singing Happy Birthday to her with a great view of the kitchen. She looks wonderful. I can’t wait for this reboot. 

• Love 2
On October 21, 2017 at 0:19 AM, anna0852 said:

I took a closer look at this picture and you can see in the rows of people near the fireplace that Johnny Galecki is there wearing glasses and the hairstyle of Leonard from Big Bang Theory. I wonder if the two soundstages are close by to each other. If they are, it might make it easier for him to appear even though Big Bang is currently in production.

That's not him. 

1 extra episode ordered, bringing the total to 9. I was rewatching Cristela on Netflix and forgot that Roseanne had guested on two episodes. Man, she was TERRIBLE. I really hope she hones her acting again before they film.

Question: Any spoilers for the Roseanne reboot? —Lisa
Ausiello: Guess who’s returning? No, it’s not Johnny Galecki’s David. (Sigh… ) It’s Chuck! You know, Chuck — Dan’s poker buddy/BFF played by Grey’s Anatomy vet James Pickens Jr. (see vintage pic, right) in a total of 19 episodes over the course of the classic comedy’s original nine-season run. Sources confirm that he will appear in two of the revival’s nine episodes. BONUS SCOOP: The series’ original go-to director, Emmy winner Gail Mancuso, will helm one of the new episodes, and that makes this Roseanne fanboy/nerd deliriously happy.

http://tvline.com/2017/11/17/the-good-doctor-season-1-spoilers-fired-leaving/

• Love 13

Good news about Mancuso, and about Chuck -- I've been watching season six of The X-Files lately, in which James Pickens Jr. appears as A.D. Kersh, and thinking it would be nice to see Chuck - and Anne Marie! - in the revival.

• Love 11
11 hours ago, Bastet said:

Good news about Mancuso, and about Chuck -- I've been watching season six of The X-Files lately, in which James Pickens Jr. appears as A.D. Kersh, and thinking it would be nice to see Chuck - and Anne Marie! - in the revival.

Oooh, I hope we get Anne Marie too! I really liked her. If not, just seeing Chuck will be great. James Pickens Jr was really good on The X-Files. A.D. Kersh was fun to hate on back in the day because he seemed so stuffy and mean. =)

Hmmm....if he was willing to come back for Roseanne, now I wonder if he might be included in the next new X-Files season. That would be a fun surprise. 

• Love 6
On 11/15/2017 at 4:02 PM, DB in CMH said:

1 extra episode ordered, bringing the total to 9. I was rewatching Cristela on Netflix and forgot that Roseanne had guested on two episodes. Man, she was TERRIBLE. I really hope she hones her acting again before they film.

I find adding one single episode odd but perhaps they'll add even more later.  I'm wondering if Johnny Galecki is available late in the scheduled taping sessions and they're adding an episode for him to appear. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Mmmfloorpie said:

I guess no one else saw Galecki is back?

No, I only see what's posted here, so thank you for the link.  I'm glad they were able to get him for at least one episode.  I didn't like David the first time around, but when I re-watched the series a few years ago, I was much more open to him.  And it would just be weird to never see him in the revival, especially if he and Darlene are still married.

• Love 3
On 11/30/2017 at 10:43 AM, Bastet said:

No, I only see what's posted here, so thank you for the link.  I'm glad they were able to get him for at least one episode.  I didn't like David the first time around, but when I re-watched the series a few years ago, I was much more open to him.  And it would just be weird to never see him in the revival, especially if he and Darlene are still married.

I was the opposite. I didn't mind David the first time(s) around but lately I've been really disliking him a lot. He lives with the Connors rent free, eats their food etc etc and still acts like an entitled ass at times.  When he told Dan that DJ shouldn't be allowed to go to the movies because he didn't put enough effort into his art project. I'd tell him to sit the fuck down and mind his business.  Then he told Dan to go to hell because he thought Dan didn't respect him. This man supports your loser ass and you tell him to go to hell in his own home?  Buh bye David. 

• Love 5

David certainly has his moments but then I have to remember he was a teenager coming from a really shitty home. You don't learn what you don't see. That doesn't mean I think his behavior is okay but I understand where it is coming from.

• Love 5

I started becoming tired of the David character when he was living with Darlene in Chicago and while she was working and going to school he just sat a round in that crummy apartment all day. Geez man, get some gumption, sign up for some classes and FFS get a JOB.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I started becoming tired of the David character when he was living with Darlene in Chicago and while she was working and going to school he just sat a round in that crummy apartment all day. Geez man, get some gumption, sign up for some classes and FFS get a JOB.

He didn't get accepted to art school remember :( lol

From Galecki...

'Deep thanks to my Big Bang Theory family for knowing the importance of visiting one’s roots and loaning me out for a quick minute. Much love.'

Sounds like Lorre didn't want to let him and he had to beg.

• Love 4
On 12/2/2017 at 11:05 PM, Maharincess said:

I was the opposite. I didn't mind David the first time(s) around but lately I've been really disliking him a lot. He lives with the Connors rent free, eats their food etc etc and still acts like an entitled ass at times.  When he told Dan that DJ shouldn't be allowed to go to the movies because he didn't put enough effort into his art project. I'd tell him to sit the fuck down and mind his business.  Then he told Dan to go to hell because he thought Dan didn't respect him. This man supports your loser ass and you tell him to go to hell in his own home?  Buh bye David. 

I’m the same way. The more I watch episodes with him, the more I dislike his character. 

I just wonder how he got that great job at the end of the series with only a high school diploma. 

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, LADreamr said:

Funny, since it's Lorre's roots, too.

But there's no love lost between Lorre and Barr, right?  (As there's generally no love lost between Lorre and any woman who's had to deal with him.)  Lorre doesn't strike me as someone who's ever done anything that didn't benefit him without being prodded, so I'd have no trouble believing Galecki had to do more than ask, "Hey, can we re-arrange my schedule X month so I can do an episode of Roseanne somewhere in there?" but I'm glad whatever happened, it worked out.  I'm not a huge David fan (although, as I said, I liked him more - and post-Lanford Darlene a hell of a lot less - on re-watch than I did originally or while watching syndication sporadically), but it would feel odd not to see him at least once.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, Bastet said:

But there's no love lost between Lorre and Barr, right?  (As there's generally no love lost between Lorre and any woman who's had to deal with him.)  Lorre doesn't strike me as someone who's ever done anything that didn't benefit him without being prodded, so I'd have no trouble believing Galecki had to do more than ask, "Hey, can we re-arrange my schedule X month so I can do an episode of Roseanne somewhere in there?" but I'm glad whatever happened, it worked out.  I'm not a huge David fan (although, as I said, I liked him more - and post-Lanford Darlene a hell of a lot less - on re-watch than I did originally or while watching syndication sporadically), but it would feel odd not to see him at least once.

Lol, this was the point I was making in my original point.

6 hours ago, charmed1 said:

Comedienne, Luenell posted this to her Instagram account.

No idea who that chick is but I really hope this doesn't turn into the Will and Grace reboot.

Everyone is so happy to be back and the studio is filled with friends and well wishers... And they are all too busy being happy to be back that they don't realize the jokes aren't funny and the show sucks.

I'm worried Roseanne has lost her edge. The show was fun because she was tough and cranky and never held back. Revival Roseanne could be more like Grandma Roseanne. Just happy her family came back to visit.

Edited by Mmmfloorpie
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, Neptune said:

Roseanne Revival: Estelle Parsons and Sandra Bernhard Returning

http://tvline.com/2017/12/07/roseanne-revival-sandra-bernhard-nancy-abc/

Good news!  Especially that Bernhard is only coming back for one episode - a little Nancy goes a long way.  So does Bev, but Estelle Parsons is fabulous, so two episodes is about right for her.  Plus, unless they explained that she had died in the interim, never once seeing Bev would have felt odd, even if she lived elsewhere by now.

I wonder if describing Bev as Roseanne and Jackie's "late-in-life-lesbian mom Beverly Harris" is based on actual knowledge of how she's going to be presented in the revival, meaning her sexual orientation is going to be another thing about the finale that gets ignored, or if it's just a misstatement of the characterization (since, per the finale, her coming out was just a fictionalized part of the book; in reality, Bev was straight [and Jackie was gay]).

• Love 5
14 hours ago, Not4Me said:

I’ll be happy if they take it back further and pretend Jerry Garcia Jr never existed.

I think they will, in a sense.  Maybe he'll be mentioned - he's the Conner kid who finally went to college or otherwise got out of Lanford - or maybe the missing kid will even be a recurring joke, but my hunch (and it's nothing more than that; I haven't heard anything) is they won't bother to cast the role and have him be part of the revival.

• Love 3
On 12/7/2017 at 3:49 PM, Neptune said:

Roseanne Revival: Estelle Parsons and Sandra Bernhard Returning

http://tvline.com/2017/12/07/roseanne-revival-sandra-bernhard-nancy-abc/

Count me one as extremely disappointed.  I didn't enjoy the way Sandra Bernhard portrayed Nancy.  Perhaps that's how she always acts but she didn't add a thing to the Roseanne show, in my opinion she wasn't needed then and she isn't needed now.

And that brings me to Bev.  Having a character as Roseanne and Jackie's mother made sense and it isn't the character so much that I object to -- it's the voice, that nails-on-a-chalkboard voice Estelle Parsons uses. I've learned to hit mute the moment I see her.

I'm most likely in the minority on both these characters. 

On the other hand I would love to see Leon.  Has there been an announcement regarding Martin Mull?

• Love 4
8 hours ago, snarkylady said:

Count me one as extremely disappointed.  I didn't enjoy the way Sandra Bernhard portrayed Nancy.  Perhaps that's how she always acts but she didn't add a thing to the Roseanne show, in my opinion she wasn't needed then and she isn't needed now.

And that brings me to Bev.  Having a character as Roseanne and Jackie's mother made sense and it isn't the character so much that I object to -- it's the voice, that nails-on-a-chalkboard voice Estelle Parsons uses. I've learned to hit mute the moment I see her.

I'm most likely in the minority on both these characters. 

On the other hand I would love to see Leon.  Has there been an announcement regarding Martin Mull?

Estelle is 90. You really think she is going to sound the same or even be integral to the episodes she is in?

• Love 3
On 12/9/2017 at 10:54 AM, snarkylady said:

I agree on this - would love to see Martin Mull again too. (Also not crazy about Sandra Bernhart - and agree she added nothing - so fake acting. I do like Bev though, but can see how the voice would drive people crazy.

• Love 6

Estelle is 90. You really think she is going to sound the same or even be integral to the episodes she is in?

Maybe?  I have no idea what her health is like, but I presume that she isn't just coming back to do a walk on cameo. 

• Love 1
On 12/7/2017 at 4:32 PM, peacheslatour said:

I don't know how they're going to handle the last season in the revival. But to me it didn't happen. There was no season 9. 

Same with me. I never even bought the DVD. I have the first eight seasons, but for me, the show ended after that.  The final episode was Dan and Roseanne trashing the living room after Dan refused to stick to his diet. No Season Nine for me.  I refuse to even watch the reruns on TVLand, CMT or Logo.  I check the "info" button before I flick it on, to make sure that Season 9 isn't being shown and I don't accidentally watch some of it. 

Jerry Garcia Conner seems to be absent of any mention in this revival. I'm with the above posters. I'm good with a casual mention that he got the hell out of Lanford, and that he calls once in awhile. 

Have they mentioned casting Andy, Jackie and Fred's son? I wouldn't mind seeing Michael O'Keefe show up for a few minutes.

February is Oscar season. Laurie Metcalf is mentioned a a shoo-in for a supporting actress nod. That will be a boon for the ratings of the revival, I would think. 

Edited by ChicksDigScars
  • Love 5

Yeah, that's the girls' old room.  Which grandchild is living in there now remains to be seen (unless it's just decorated as a kids room for when grandkids stay over, but I bet they're doing multi-generational living in that house).

I figure Darlene and family will have their own place, but it could be Becky and her kid since she's a single parent.  Or if D.J. has a kid, maybe it's they who live there.  But I bet one kid/grandkid pairing lives there.

• Love 3

Question: I’m so glad Estelle Parsons will be in the Roseanne revival. Do you know if Beverly will still be a lesbian? Or is that development being reversed, too? —Greg
Ausiello: I can’t say for sure it’s being reversed, but as I understand it, Beverly will be dipping her toe back in man waters. When we meet up with Roseanne and Jackie’s now-90-year-old mom at a local nursing home, she’ll be robbing the cradle with a 70-year-old male resident.

http://tvline.com/2017/12/13/the-originals-season-5-spoilers-villain-big-bad/

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Neptune said:

When we meet up with Roseanne and Jackie’s now-90-year-old mom at a local nursing home, she’ll be robbing the cradle with a 70-year-old male resident.

Well, go ahead, Craftmatic Adjustable Bev.

• Love 18
On 12/10/2017 at 7:53 PM, JakeyJokes said:

I saw Sandra Bernhard's one-woman show last month and she was fantastic, so I am biased and am all for Nancy's return!

I think you and I are alone in this but I'm happy Nancy is coming back too. I love Sandra Bernhard and I liked the Nancy character so hearing she's coming back was great news for me. I thought Nancy was hilarious, much better than drippy Crystal.