Type keyword(s) to search

The Wendy Williams Show - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Wendy is a terrible interviewer.  She asks a question and then doesn’t allow the person to talk.  She asked James Vanderbeek about his show Pose, but she kept interrupting him, and then goes on to feeling him up because he’s got hairy arms.  She then asks if he has a hairy back and chest.  I kept waiting for her to ask if he had hair in man land.  

No, Sunny didn’t talk about Whoopi’s fight with Pirro. 

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, KLovestoShop said:

Wendy is a terrible interviewer.  She asks a question and then doesn’t allow the person to talk.  She asked James Vanderbeek about his show Pose, but she kept interrupting him, and then goes on to feeling him up because he’s got hairy arms.  She then asks if he has a hairy back and chest.  I kept waiting for her to ask if he had hair in man land.  

No, Sunny didn’t talk about Whoopi’s fight with Pirro. 

I don't think that the show was live. If it was, Wendy would be talking about it..

• Love 7
(edited)
3 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I don't think that the show was live. If it was, Wendy would be talking about it..

Wendy does her Friday show on Thursday.  That is why it is really stale most of the time.

Edited by Kira53
spelling
  • Love 7

It's funny how much grief Wendy gave Demi Moore for wearing a romper to a club a few years ago and now she's the "crazy old lady who needs to sit down" (her words, not mine). Girl, just because you can wear it doesn't mean you should.

No more Wendy until September? I'll never cope!

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, rmcrae said:

No more Wendy until September? I'll never cope!

I'm sure employees of the show probably started celebrating today over the fact that they are finally getting this long of a break from her.

• Love 6
17 hours ago, For Cereals said:

She’s starting to take on a Richard Simmons look with the rompers and hose and tennis shoes and skinny legs.

BWAHAHA!!

16 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

She really put James Vanderbeek in the hot seat today when she tried to question him about Katie Holmes dating Jamie Fox.

I hate when she does this - tries to get gossip about other people from her guests.  How rude and crude.  It just always seems so cringeworthy.  They aren't guests to provide info on other people for gawd's sake.  

• Love 4
(edited)

My opinion on Wendy and her interview style:  I recall Wendy saying that one of her radio influences is Howard Stern, who is famous for getting guests to spill their guts.  Howard's interviews are usually 1/2 hour to an hour and his style is less "interview" and more two friends just talking; he eases into the more taboo subjects.  The difference with Wendy is she has her guests for 5-10 minutes and she feels she has to jackhammer at them to try to get anything out of them.  The desperation shows and it's tacky.

Edited by patty1h
  • Love 5
15 minutes ago, patty1h said:

My opinion on Wendy and her interview style:  I recall Wendy saying that one of her radio influences is Howard Stern, who is famous for getting guests to spill their guts.  Howard's interviews are usually 1/2 hour to an hour and his style is less "interview" and more two friends just talking; he eases into the more taboo subjects.  The difference with Wendy is she has her guests for 5-10 minutes and she feels she has to jackhammer at them to try to get anything out of them.  The desperation shows and it's tacky.

I haven’t heard Howard since he moved to that pay for radio station but he used to be funny. Wendy isn’t. 

• Love 4

Side note, but a few days ago, Wendy was talking about Big Kev getting an award, and then patting herself on the back because he 'DOES GOOD' and looked at the camera with a pointed glance... like those of us talking about what an abusive leave he is should be chastened.  Anybody know what kind of awards Kev gets, or what purported good he does?

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, DrivingSideways said:

Side note, but a few days ago, Wendy was talking about Big Kev getting an award, and then patting herself on the back because he 'DOES GOOD' and looked at the camera with a pointed glance... like those of us talking about what an abusive leave he is should be chastened.  Anybody know what kind of awards Kev gets, or what purported good he does?

Nope. Sorry. 

• Love 2

Did anyone catch that 'freudian slip' the other she was saying she hated somebody, i dont even remember who, but she said 'i hate Suzanne'  LOL hahahahah they both laughed and im sure it was becz W was looking at S while talking.  It was just a funny moment

14 hours ago, DrivingSideways said:

I found something online about their "Hunter Foundation" giving an award to Chaka Khan at Wendy's "birthday gala" for beating her drug and alcohol addiction and continuing to do charity work. I couldn't find anything about Big Kev getting an award himself.

• Love 2
On 7/20/2018 at 3:23 PM, bichonblitz said:

I don't get why she wears this short stuff. So, she has long legs. They are not nicely shaped and are like toothpicks, she has knock knees (admitted that herself) and she has to wear pantyhose because her legs are all bruised and scarred. It looks like lately she is wearing really thick old lady hose which defeats the purpose of her "sexiness".  ---  There comes a time and an age where you really have to tone it down a bit. 

I too am so tired of seeing almost her entire thigh when she sits and wears those mini dresses.  It's not flattering, AT ALL!  It got so bad last week that I had to cover the bottom of my screen with the box my pole saw came in just so I could get through hot topics and Sunny's interview.  She needs to stop!  

• Love 4
4 hours ago, A.J. said:

I too am so tired of seeing almost her entire thigh when she sits and wears those mini dresses.  It's not flattering, AT ALL!  It got so bad last week that I had to cover the bottom of my screen with the box my pole saw came in just so I could get through hot topics and Sunny's interview.  She needs to stop!  

Lol! That's hysterical! 

• Love 3
On ‎7‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 5:42 PM, Jaded said:

Wendy is so FOS, it's not even funny. She is a mean woman and has made an entire career out of it. And nice try skipping the part of the question that mentioned she's now a celebrity who gets gossiped about in the rags too.

• Love 2
(edited)
20 hours ago, rmcrae said:

Wendy is so FOS, it's not even funny. She is a mean woman and has made an entire career out of it. And nice try skipping the part of the question that mentioned she's now a celebrity who gets gossiped about in the rags too.

What is FOS?

She is really trying to gaslight us that she isn’t mean, paranoid, and hateful.  We can see it with own eyes every day.

Edited by Kira53
  • Love 3

Who the fuck wears pantyhose with a romper? Lol! Wendy dear, if you have ugly, crepey skin on your toothpick thighs, lower the skirt length and ditch those awful waffle patterned hose you wear. 

(I'm just catching up on episodes I didn't get to watch when they were originally aired.)

• Love 3
1 minute ago, chenoa333 said:

Just watched a rerun from spring (?) with Wendy in the "you don't have to be lonely at FarmersOnly.com outfit. Denim bib overalls...so wrong! Lol.

With her large boobs? Even imagining this has me agreeing with you that it is so wrong. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, WarnerCL45 said:

She kind of looks like a frog.

image.png.af0888811c47fd02c0bd4776f7055e92.png

Oh holy balls!! Yes a frog, a toad,  a carny freak, a winner on Ru Paul's Drag Race, a Halloween mask from Party City. Lol! And yet, SHE still thinks she's smokin' hot. 

ETA: Do NOT enlarge the above photo!!

Edited by chenoa333
Afterthought
  • Love 5

V-103 Atlanta

Published on Aug 16, 2018

Daytime TV personality Wendy Williams visited V-103 Atlanta’s Frank and Wanda In The Morning Thursday, August 16, while passing through on a 10-city tour to celebrate 10 years of The Wendy Williams Show.

Edited by Jaded

The 2nd commercial has the season 10 premiere date as September 10th. I had to grab the version uploaded to Facebook because whoever was paid to upload it to the show's official YouTube channel used the lowest video quality settings possible so it was blurry. The first one on YT is ok though.

28 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

No paparrazi pics of Wendy at some beach vacay in her bikini with Big Kev this year? We are usually subjected to that every summer. Wendy is laying low this time around. 

You know it takes time to heal...or maybe she’s in hiding while Big Kev takes his side piece on a tip...or is she mourning her empty nest...       Take your choice. 

Is she going to be back tomorrow? Nope. Another week. Gee. 

Edited by Mindthinkr
  • Love 1
On 9/3/2018 at 3:16 PM, Mindthinkr said:

You know it takes time to heal...or maybe she’s in hiding while Big Kev takes his side piece on a tip...or is she mourning her empty nest...       Take your choice. 

Is she going to be back tomorrow? Nope. Another week. Gee. 

Haha, right? We will when she comes back if her boobies look smaller or her face looks tighter or her butt looks bigger......

• Love 3

Looks like her new season which airs today is featuring a "Wendy's 10K a day give away" to viewers. She's always commenting on how the show can't afford much in expensive giveaways, paying for photos of celebs etc. This 10K a day giveaway is probably fixed so it's almost impossible to win. Or the giveaway is only for 4 days. We shall see at 11 a.m. PST!

• Love 2

Please tell me we are not going to be subjected to a 4 minute opening every day. That music video was super lame.

She did seem a bit more with it, but I am a huge tennis fan and she got so much wrong in that story it's ridiculous. 

I was thinking her boobs looked smaller, but I wasn't sure. Also, what in God's name was that honking sound, was that her crying? Yikes.  

• Love 3
1 minute ago, TVbitch said:

Please tell me we are not going to be subjected to a 4 minute opening every day. That music video was super lame.

It’s just getting ready to start here. Thanks. Now I have time to change a load of laundry before settling in to hear her HTs. It doesn’t surprise me that she got a lot of her facts wrong. She can be lame unless she’s been cued in by her staff. 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

She did seem a bit more with it, but I am a huge tennis fan and she got so much wrong in that story it's ridiculous. 

I was thinking her boobs looked smaller, but I wasn't sure. Also, what in God's name was that honking sound, was that her crying? Yikes.  

Looks like WW is in a new time slot in my neck of the woods so I missed the first 30 minutes. And I thought her boobs looked ginormous as usual. That stupid "win 10K" game that is all about WW trivia is so f'n dumb.

Why was she crying at the close if the show? Holy shit woman, get on some hormone therapy.

And no special "celebrity" guest? 

• Love 3

Woot Woot? I thought it was whoop whoop. Silly me. 

27 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

Holy shit woman, get on some hormone therapy.

Oh yes please. You won’t need those QTips then. 

I think she was having trouble with the tennis story because she was trying to read it off of cue cards. Really? Is it really that hard to remember a few details for her show? Soap actors memorize pages of script every day. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, For Cereals said:

What the what is that outfit today?  I can’t with the animal print, cold shoulder, ruffles, choker of it all!  I’d rather see a return of the bathrobe.  Boobs don’t look any smaller to me.

I was appalled by that dress.  It was mash up of every tired, used, dumb trend in one.  It was truely horrible and I can't believe she chose it, much less for wearing on her first day of season 10.  

She said Little Kev was in town to get more clothes.  Where does he go to school that he took today off?  He couldn't make it work until Thanksgiving break?  He couldn't have done it over Labor Day weekend?  I just don't get it.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Destiny74 said:

She said Little Kev was in town to get more clothes.  Where does he go to school that he took today off?  He couldn't make it work until Thanksgiving break?  He couldn't have done it over Labor Day weekend?  I just don't get it.

That made no sense especially since it's a week day. Wendy also said he was in the car this morning driving in to the show with her and Big Kev. Why would he be doing that? Isn't he a little old to be tagging along with mommy and daddy to the work place?

Wendy has got to stop crying. Please, for the love of god, stop crying!

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Destiny74 said:

I was appalled by that dress.  It was mash up of every tired, used, dumb trend in one.  It was truely horrible and I can't believe she chose it, much less for wearing on her first day of season 10.  

4 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

That made no sense especially since it's a week day. Wendy also said he was in the car this morning driving in to the show with her and Big Kev. Why would he be doing that? Isn't he a little old to be tagging along with mommy and daddy to the work place?

Wendy has got to stop crying. Please, for the love of god, stop crying!

She acts like she's thrilled to be free as a bird with "the boy" in college, but you know she's miserable being all alone in that house while Big Kev is laid up with the side piece. She probably called him up crying begging him to come spend one day with Mommy.

She reminds me of the Tin Man's oilcan when she uses the Q-tips. UCK UCK UCK UCK UCK!

• Love 6
31 minutes ago, rmcrae said:

She reminds me of the Tin Man's oilcan when she uses the Q-tips. UCK UCK UCK UCK UCK!

What the hell was that??  I thought she was stroking out on live TV.

On behalf of white folk everywhere, I would like to apologize for that woman in the 10k giveaway.    Her video was painful.

• Love 2

I thought it was hilarious that the superfan guy today didnt know the answer to the most basic WW question.  He got who is her favorite superhero wrong.  How? Could have been a brain fart but still totally funny.  I dont get the q-tip crying.  Who is able to stop tears with a q-tip?

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, vmcd88 said:

I dont get the q-tip crying.  Who is able to stop tears with a q-tip?

Perhaps she bought stock in the company (Unilever) who makes them and she’s trying to start a trend to get her stocks value up. She might be making a play for them to advertise on her show too. 

If that’s stretching for answers it’s because I have never seen anyone else in my many years use a QTip for that purpose. 

The show must have gotten some new sponsors with deep pockets because apparently they're flying in the players for this new Wendy contest, on top of the $10K the fan can win per show.   The blonde woman who played yesterday was from the South and I'm assuming that she got a trip to NYC to participate in this game.   A new player today, and every day for however long this new game lasts - that could add up to a good bit of money.  Didn't someone drop the info a few months ago that Wendy had gotten new management and/or sponsors?  Looks like this is enabling this in-studio contest, as opposed to getting folks on the phone like they did in the past.  

No matter where the money is coming from, this game is as lame as most of the past ones.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Perhaps she bought stock in the company (Unilever) who makes them and she’s trying to start a trend to get her stocks value up. She might be making a play for them to advertise on her show too. 

If that’s stretching for answers it’s because I have never seen anyone else in my many years use a QTip for that purpose. 

Because it's stupid. The cotton fibers can come off on your mascara and get stuck there, scratching your eyeball. Not what most people want to do.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, TVbitch said:

Has she had an actual guest yet? I tune out after the Hot Topics? 

No "celebrity" guests yet. I doubt her show has the money to pay "celebs" to come on her show AND do a daily 10K giveaway. Her new format is more boring than the previous seasons. And I'm fucking sick of Cardi B news. Cardi B Gone! Lol.

• Love 3