Type keyword(s) to search

The Wendy Williams Show - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I’m going to watch it today. I have to stay away from the regular channels and the weather channel as they are giving me anxiety (I’m in the direct hit area). She better amuse me and take my mind off of things or I might have to change over to the Ellen show. Same time slot. Different channel. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Mindthinkr said:

I’m going to watch it today. I have to stay away from the regular channels and the weather channel as they are giving me anxiety (I’m in the direct hit area). She better amuse me and take my mind off of things or I might have to change over to the Ellen show. Same time slot. Different channel. 

I too, hope you're ok and don't get hit with any threatening weather! However, inquiring minds want to know: did WW amuse you today? Because she sure as shit didn't amuse me. Not even Hot Topics. I watched the I.D. channel instead. I remember her saying something about her yellow dress being like the color of a lemon drop and I swear the entire audience starting laughing and clapping at that comment. What is fucking WRONG with her studio audience? Im pretty much done with this show. 

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

I too, hope you're ok and don't get hit with any threatening weather! However, inquiring minds want to know: did WW amuse you today? Because she sure as shit didn't amuse me. Not even Hot Topics. I watched the I.D. channel instead. I remember her saying something about her yellow dress being like the color of a lemon drop and I swear the entire audience starting laughing and clapping at that comment. What is fucking WRONG with her studio audience? Im pretty much done with this show. 

No she did not amuse me. Last week while she was on reruns I flipped over to the Ellen show and got a few laughs and she also gets good guests. I thought she looked like a banana! 

They audience has been screened within an inch of their lives right down to the notion that to get tix you have to send a photo of yourself. Brainwashed or brain dead. It is getting to be too much. When I get cable back (after the storm) I think I’ll jump ship. 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

No she did not amuse me. Last week while she was on reruns I flipped over to the Ellen show and got a few laughs and she also gets good guests. I thought she looked like a banana! 

They audience has been screened within an inch of their lives right down to the notion that to get tix you have to send a photo of yourself. Brainwashed or brain dead. It is getting to be too much. When I get cable back (after the storm) I think I’ll jump ship. 

I will be waiting for you with a life boat and we can head away from Braindead Island! I'm still going to visit this WW thread periodically for the great snark but I'm done wasting my time watching her show. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, druzy said:

Wendy is a bitch! She just called a woman in the audience elderly. ?

Holy shit! How did I miss that! I must've changed channels before that happened. I'll bet the audience member was close to Wendys' age. Hell, WW is 54 so who the f ishe to call ANYONE "elderly". And I'm willing to bet the "elderly" audience member has never fainted on national TV! Lol.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, chenoa333 said:

Holy shit! How did I miss that! I must've changed channels before that happened. I'll bet the audience member was close to Wendys' age. Hell, WW is 54 so who the f ishe to call ANYONE "elderly". And I'm willing to bet the "elderly" audience member has never fainted on national TV! Lol.

She looked about the same age to me, which is definitely not elderly.

• Love 5
46 minutes ago, greyflannel said:

She looked about the same age to me, which is definitely not elderly.

Wendy is DEFINITELY not welcoming her "elderly", "post menopausal" woman stage of life! Lol.

Hey Wendy..coffee at McD's is only 85 cents for seniors!  AARP membership is only $16.00 annually! Lots of discounts for your old elderly ass! Maybe Spanx does discounts for "old folks" like you. Hahahaha!!!!

ETA: Elderly is certainly NOT 50's or 60's! Unless you're Alex Tribeck trying to sell life insurance to "elderly" people between the ages of 55 and 85!

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 4

Besides her stupid "elderly" comment today, she continues to say stupid/contradictory things.  She announces that she knows absolutely no one in the current cast of DWTS, and then two minutes later she's rattling off all those she DOES know. So which it is, Booby? You either DO or you DON'T. Can't have it both ways. Idiot!

• Love 4

Thinking of and praying for you, @Mindthinkr!

3 hours ago, MsTree said:

Besides her stupid "elderly" comment today, she continues to say stupid/contradictory things.  She announces that she knows absolutely no one in the current cast of DWTS, and then two minutes later she's rattling off all those she DOES know. So which it is, Booby? You either DO or you DON'T. Can't have it both ways. Idiot!

"Booby". LOL. When it comes to DWTS her hatred and contradictions knows no bounds. 

I turned it off after Tepid Topics. 

• Love 7

Tamar did say she was molested by both parental sides of the family. 

I think she also threw some subtle shade at Wendy when Wendy was pressing her about her divorce and saying she had to ask these questions cuz people were talking and it was her job. Tamar said it was okay and... "Just like no matter what people say about you, I got your back."

• Love 6

I couldn't get past her eating MULTIPLE bites of that salmon, caper cinnamon bagel concoction.  What was that?!  I expect her to sample things during the cooking segments but that was just so random, bringing out a huge bagel sandwich to chomp on during Hot Topics.

And that orange/pink combination she was wearing was no bueno.  

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, SuburbanHangSuite said:

I couldn't get past her eating MULTIPLE bites of that salmon, caper cinnamon bagel concoction.  What was that?!  I expect her to sample things during the cooking segments but that was just so random, bringing out a huge bagel sandwich to chomp on during Hot Topics.

And that orange/pink combination she was wearing was no bueno.  

Are you saying that Wendy ate her lunch during the HT’s? Due to hurricane coverage my regular programming has been preempted. I hope she chewed with her mouth closed and didn’t talk with her mouth full. 

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

re you saying that Wendy ate her lunch during the HT’s? Due to hurricane coverage my regular programming has been preempted. I hope she chewed with her mouth closed and didn’t talk with her mouth full. 

That's what I'm saying!  She was talking about Cynthia Nixon running for governor, somehow segued that to Cynthia's choice of bagel sandwich being the salty/sweet combo of the cinnamon raisin bagel with the capers, then she had some assistant bring out said sandwich so she could try a few bites and give her opinion.  Oh!   And then she deliberately COUGHED on the remaining sandwich "so no one else would try to take a bite."   

• Love 3
1 minute ago, SuburbanHangSuite said:

That's what I'm saying!  She was talking about Cynthia Nixon running for governor, somehow segued that to Cynthia's choice of bagel sandwich being the salty/sweet combo of the cinnamon raisin bagel with the capers, then she had some assistant bring out said sandwich so she could try a few bites and give her opinion.  Oh!   And then she deliberately COUGHED on the remaining sandwich "so no one else would try to take a bite."   

On second thought the hurricane coverage isn’t so bad. I just think her way of eating and mouth noises are over the top. Yuck. 

• Love 5
18 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

Tamar Braxton Reveals to Wendy Williams She Was Molested as a Child | TMZ.com

As Tamar is revealing this info, Wendy skims right over it. Not a single question or comment. That Wendy is some kind of skilled interviewer. 

Having said that, Tamar is a mess. She's with a hot new boyfriend for only 3 months and ready to get married and wants more kids. Slow your roll, sweetie. All of the Braxton's are a mess but she takes it to another level. I can never tell if she telling the truth or completely full of shit. 

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

As Tamar is revealing this info, Wendy skims right over it. Not a single question or comment. That Wendy is some kind of skilled interviewer. 

Having said that, Tamar is a mess. She's with a hot new boyfriend for only 3 months and ready to get married and wants more kids. Slow your roll, sweetie. All of the Braxton's are a mess but she takes it to another level. I can never tell if she telling the truth or completely full of shit.

My feelings exactly. She was quiet as a church mouse when Mama Braxton shouted from the rooftops that she witnessed Vince abusing her and that the other sisters saw her turn up with bruises and she's been to the hospital at least twice. Now Tamar's denying any abuse and basically called her mother a liar. I do believe that she was molested (I wasn't surprised when she said it for some reason), but I don't believe Iyanla "slut shamed" her. That woman is an abuse survivor herself and has never used her platform to shame a fellow survivor.

I saw a clip of the Braxton's episode with Iyanla and Tamar was her usual lip smacking, neck rolling self while Iyanla called her to the carpet about her delivery and antics. Being held accountable is only "abrasive" and "too much" when she's on the receiving end.

Why does Wendy think these people want to be her BFFs? "I can't get close to you because when you mess up it means I have to talk about you!" Never stopped her before. 

• Love 4

Okay, so here's what confused me about the Tamar interview.  When the Tamar/Vince divorce news first broke (last year or whenever), Wendy went on and on about how she and Big Kev had hung out with them and she didn't want to report on the story because she was too close to it and that even though Tamar supposedly wanted to come on the show to talk about it, she just couldn't do that (out of respect for Vince or something).  Fast forward to today and Wendy is saying in the interview that she and Tamar aren't friends but she feels that Tamar is her #1 "friend in her head" (a title I'm pretty sure she bestowed on Heather Locklear a few seasons back, but whatever).  So my question is, are the Hunters friends with Tamar and Vince or not?  Because if they are friends, then why is she saying they aren't and if they aren't friends, then why was she being weird about the story earlier?  Makes absolutely no sense.  

• Love 5

Thoughts from the last two days of episodes.

No Wendy.  Not everyone steals money from their mother's purse.  I have never taken money from my mom's purse because she would've known and kicked my ass.  Not to mention,. IT'S WAS NOT MY MONEY!!!!

Who the hell is Lisa Raye and why do I care?  It bugs me when she talks about people like they are superstars and I have no freaking idea who they are.  Ditto for Post Malone...um, who?  Then again, maybe I just am not hip to the jive nowdays.

Jane and Kate we're delightful.  Fun because they basically ran the interview.

I believe Tamar was abused, I do not believe Ilyana slut shamed her.  Not that I watch Ilyana, I just think that shit would've be called out already.

Keisha Knight William doesn't need the amount of child support the court ordered  but Wendy is fine with Chris Brown's baby momma getting $9,000 a month?  At least Wendy wasn't on her said about getting $20,000.  Gold diggers!  She's always been vocal about custodial parents getting as much as they can for their kids, see Kevin Federline.

Reg should watch herself.  I know she's been friend with Wendy since school days but, man, Wendy really is not someone I would trust.  She is constantly telling people to drop friendships, move on, reason and season.  At times, I agree with her but it is reaching epidemic proportions with her.

I feel sad for Wendy.  I am sad for whatever happened to her in the past with her friends.  She must have gotten really hurt by someone at one point (honestly, I don't care enough to read her books, so I don't know if she has told whatever story fits in this discussion).  I find it funny that she won't have any friends (except Reg) for whatever backstabbing reason she has but she continues on with a man who cheated on her while she was in bed rest trying to have his baby.  That just doesn't add up, in my mind.  I dunno, don't know the whole story and probably never will.

Edited by Destiny74
  • Love 4

Mood swing much, Wendy?  She has cried every day this week - she did it again today after they played a taped congrats message from Judge Judy.   She tries to put on this "I'm so humbled by the love and support of everyone", but then she has a contest that is nothing but a big ego stroke.   These so-called "super fans" come on and answer questions about her life.  I'm proud to say that I don't think I could have answered more than 2-3 of the questions they asked this week.  Oh and today's super fan was super annoying with her rapping.  I hope this contest dies a quick death.

• Love 3

I'm sure Wendy had Tamar on the show cuz that's one of the only people they could get to BE on the show, despite Wendy protesting that she doesn't want to be in the middle of it.

Um, no Wendy you did not look like a new girl on campus, today.

Hot Topics panel was a mess. But I am glad they did not get to the spanking story, whatever that was. 

• Love 2
On ‎9‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 10:45 PM, Snapdragon said:

Okay, so here's what confused me about the Tamar interview.  When the Tamar/Vince divorce news first broke (last year or whenever), Wendy went on and on about how she and Big Kev had hung out with them and she didn't want to report on the story because she was too close to it and that even though Tamar supposedly wanted to come on the show to talk about it, she just couldn't do that (out of respect for Vince or something).  Fast forward to today and Wendy is saying in the interview that she and Tamar aren't friends but she feels that Tamar is her #1 "friend in her head" (a title I'm pretty sure she bestowed on Heather Locklear a few seasons back, but whatever).  So my question is, are the Hunters friends with Tamar and Vince or not?  Because if they are friends, then why is she saying they aren't and if they aren't friends, then why was she being weird about the story earlier?  Makes absolutely no sense.  

I get the feeling that initially Big Kev and Vince were bigger buddies than their wives, but now that both women have their messy personal lives splashed everywhere for all the world to see while pretending like everything's peaches and sunshine, they've found kindred spirits in each other.

9 hours ago, TVbitch said:

I'm sure Wendy had Tamar on the show cuz that's one of the only people they could get to BE on the show, despite Wendy protesting that she doesn't want to be in the middle of it.

Um, no Wendy you did not look like a new girl on campus, today.

Hot Topics panel was a mess. But I am glad they did not get to the spanking story, whatever that was. 

Probably another installment of the tired "would you let an authority figure spank your kid at school?" topic a lot of talk shows discuss for the umpteenth time. The last Wendy talked about it she said she was fine with teachers/the principal chastising Lil' Kev, but only she and Big Kev could physically punish him. I don't know what her stance would've been today. Being a woman who's allowed to change her mind and all...

• Love 4

My hat is off to all the above posters fot their bravery in watching the WW show. Previous seasons were difficult to watch but her new format/season...it sucks.

And my brain almost just exploded (wouldn't be a very big explosion. Lol!) just reading SnapDragons post about WW waffling back and forth on her stand she takes on people. Then WW flips a switch on the exact subject saying "a woman has the right to change her mind".

Wendy is kookadoodledoo! Hormone therapy is your friend Wendy! Embrace your geriatric self! 

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 3

During HT Wendy spoke about the vacant chair on The Talk, now that Julie Chen is leaving; she said doesn't care who they pick to fill it.  At the end of that segment, she called out to Suzanne, saying something like "oh, me and Suzanne are too busy for that mess.  Right, Suzanne?".  To me, she phrased it so you could take it two ways and I took it that she was throwing out a line and hoping that she may hook herself a CBS network job.

I hate her dumb audience more every day.  Hooting bunch of idiots.   ADDED:  I noticed that they got rid of that annoying contest already.  One good thing...

Edited by patty1h
  • Love 5

Glad you're doing okay, Mindthinkr.

On yesterday's show, Wendy did a story on Gucci Mane paying $2,000.00/month child support for his son. Yes, two thousand, from a guy who puts his excessive lifestyle on social media for all to see, including showing off all his gaudy jewelry and talking about how much it all costs. (Wendy showed a clip) The ex says she's been unable to work or get an education because she can't afford child care. Wendy goes on to say that that's a lousy excuse because, at 11, the kid's plenty old enough to get himself home from school, feed himself and do his own laundry, etc. This is the same Wendy who is insistent that Kevin Federline deserves double or triple the $20,000.00/month he gets from Britney for their 2 boys (in addition to her paying for all their expenses) because they need personal security. But this other kid should be left home alone without even a care giver at 11 so Mom can get a job? WTF??

• Love 12

I understand your confusion, greyflannel, but I've learned to not pay much attention to Wendy's opinions because most of the time she contradicts herself from one day to the next and/or just makes no common sense.  A lot of her blather is just blahblahblah to me.  She has "Wendy think" which doesn't work in the real world.  I let her opinions and beliefs go in one ear and out the other with none of my brain cells getting involved. 

• Love 8
31 minutes ago, patty1h said:

I understand your confusion, greyflannel, but I've learned to not pay much attention to Wendy's opinions because most of the time she contradicts herself from one day to the next and/or just makes no common sense.  A lot of her blather is just blahblahblah to me.  She has "Wendy think" which doesn't work in the real world.  I let her opinions and beliefs go in one ear and out the other with none of my brain cells getting involved. 

No kidding. I can usually ignore her peculiar way of thinking, but this just struck me as particularly ridiculous. 

• Love 2

It can't be said enough times, but Wendy lives in her own world.  Like greyflannel mentioned a day or two ago, she is so wishy-washy on her opinions.  Today, she ragged on Julie Chen for staying with her husband, but Wendy forgets that she stayed with her husband who has some of the same allegations as Les Moonves AND was caught having an affair when Wendy was pregnant.  So far, Moonves only has been accused (which I believe he is guilty of), but not tried yet.   Her husband was caught red-handed and she stayed with him, but does Wendy bite her tongue?  No way.

Holy crap, did you see Wendy in those blue pants today and those orange pants in the preview?  Those outfits just emphasized that she is straight as a board from the front, no curves for hips. That was some hardcore lipo she must have had back in the day.  

• Love 8
3 hours ago, patty1h said:

It can't be said enough times, but Wendy lives in her own world.  Like greyflannel mentioned a day or two ago, she is so wishy-washy on her opinions.  Today, she ragged on Julie Chen for staying with her husband, but Wendy forgets that she stayed with her husband who has some of the same allegations as Les Moonves AND was caught having an affair when Wendy was pregnant.  So far, Moonves only has been accused (which I believe he is guilty of), but not tried yet.   Her husband was caught red-handed and she stayed with him, but does Wendy bite her tongue?  No way.

Holy crap, did you see Wendy in those blue pants today and those orange pants in the preview?  Those outfits just emphasized that she is straight as a board from the front, no curves for hips. That was some hardcore lipo she must have had back in the day.  

I just don't get all the denim this week.  She's worn denim for three days now.  Maybe this is the totally casual season?  

• Love 3
20 hours ago, KLovestoShop said:

Why the hell does she bother with segments on Hot Topics when she either didn't watch what she's talking about or she uses her constant comment "I just don't care".  If she doesn't care, then why talk about it?  

It's just for us "little people", the viewers.  In her eyes, we should be grateful she's wasting even a second on a story (or three) that she has no interest in.

10 hours ago, Vixenstud said:

I got to listen to her The Talk gossip last night....sounds like a straight up hater with them winning Emmys and her show yet to get one.

IIRC she's only been nominated one time. She's hated The Talk ever since Sharon's drunken attack on The View hosts and it didn't help matters when they talked about the Daily Mail expose on Big Kev on their show and Sharon and Sheryl said Wendy made a career out of talking shit about other people's lives when her own is a mess. Wendy never commented on that, but I'm sure she got wind of it.

6 hours ago, patty1h said:

Exactly. She gets in that purple chair and she magically forgets all the things we know about her fucked up "marriage".

And could she have been any more ignorant about Carrie Ann Inaba sitting in Julie's seat. They didn't scour the parking lot looking for another famous Asian woman. She's been a regular guest host for almost a year now. And what does she care who they hire anyway? She hates them. Idiot. 

I love Macy Gray's music, but that woman is a space cadet if  ever I've seen one. Kooky interview. 

Edited by rmcrae
  • Love 9

Wendy is on the Dr Oz Show this morning. She is “taking on” the K2 epidemic. K2 is a synthetic marijuana. 

She calls Dr Oz...Oz. She doesn’t use his title Dr.

As expected she began crying and asked for QTips. She was handed a tissue but they brought in “special” QTips for her, which she was given. Gee, I wish that Dr Oz had addressed her usage of those to curb her crying. She was very emotional and teared up a lot. 

There’s something disingenuous about her interview but I can’t put my finger on it. Ah, to promote the Hunter Foundation. 

The drug sounds dangerous so I’m at least glad that she is trying to up the public’s knowledge about it. The chemicals used to mimic pots high range from opioids to rat poison (which causes internal bleeding). Also Kraton, a drug you can buy at Walmart or Amazon. On the street they call it spice. It’s marketed as incense as well. Anyway my eyes were opened up. I had no idea of how bad and how many people whose lives are being ruined or killed (OD’d) by its use. Drugs sure have changed from the 60’s. I’m clueless now. 

I may dislike a lot about Wendy but I’m glad she’s trying to spread this news. It may save a life. 

• Love 3
13 hours ago, rmcrae said:

IIRC she's only been nominated one time. She's hated The Talk ever since Sharon's drunken attack on The View hosts and it didn't help matters when they talked about the Daily Mail expose on Big Kev on their show and Sharon and Sheryl said Wendy made a career out of talking shit about other people's lives when her own is a mess. Wendy never commented on that, but I'm sure she got wind of it.

Sharon also threw some shade by asking who is Wendy and why is she so important to even garner a segment on their show.. The shade was awesome and Wendy has gotten awful so I did not mind. Wendy has always had a nasty streak and it pleased me to no end to see it being dished out to her.  

Sheryl said that Karma was paying a visit to Wendy.  I remember Sheryl on Wendy's radio show. She was hilarious talking about what it is like being a  Black Republican and the reactions that she would get at the Republican conventions..lol  She was so funny, describing the people's ignorance..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5

The tiny denim skirt with the doily on top looked like it belonged on a teenager. 

So, today Wendy was saying how when she eats meat she keeps it "hidden" and doesn't eat it in front of the Kevs. This implies that they are vegetarian and perhaps the only reason she went vegetarian was cuz of them. She also said that the doctor told her she needed to eat meat for her health and she made sure he told her this in front of them (cuz, what, they would not believe her otherwise?). I just found it all very odd. 

• Love 8
11 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Sharon also threw some shade by asking who is Wendy and why is she so important to even garner a segment on their show.. The shade was awesome and Wendy has gotten awful so I did not mind. Wendy has always had a nasty streak and it pleased me to no end to see it being dished out to her.  

Sheryl said that Karma was paying a visit to Wendy.  I remember Sheryl on Wendy's radio show. She was hilarious talking about what it is like being a  Black Republican and the reactions that she would get at the Republican conventions..lol  She was so funny, describing the people's ignorance..

LOL. That was the best. You know Ms. Wendy was tempted to call Daddy crying about the mean Talk hosts. ;)

I never knew Sheryl was on Wendy's radio show. I'll have to look for it on YouTube. Knowing Sheryl I bet she had that purse on her arm during the whole interview. Lol.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, rmcrae said:

I never knew Sheryl was on Wendy's radio show. I'll have to look for it on YouTube. Knowing Sheryl I bet she had that purse on her arm during the whole interview. Lol.

Wendy used to feature Black and Latino comedians on her radio show and Sheryl came on the show and she had me rolling...It was not until I saw her on the talk that I remembered her. I also saw her on cable specials and she was always good.. 

• Love 3

Wendy went on forever today about how Cosby should NOT be sent to prison but instead should be allowed to live in an apartment that looks and operates just like a prison, complete with prison food, prison furnishings, and prison visitor rules. What in almighty fuck? 

Then she interrupted the Inside Scoop guy so much (cuz she wanted to "help" tell his stories) that he could barely tell his stories. 

• Love 11
14 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

Wendy went on forever today about how Cosby should NOT be sent to prison but instead should be allowed to live in an apartment that looks and operates just like a prison, complete with prison food, prison furnishings, and prison visitor rules. What in almighty fuck? 

Then she interrupted the Inside Scoop guy so much (cuz she wanted to "help" tell his stories) that he could barely tell his stories. 

Cosby- Yes, different punishment/rules for people with money. Awesome.

Inside Scoop- She was really being rude to him. Even more rude than she usually is.

• Love 7

Guys, did I miss anything juicy? I just returned from a week's vacation and have 5 Wendy's on my DVR. Should I bother watching them? Maybe I'll save them for those sleepless nights when nothing else is on TV. 

I have totally lost interest in this show. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Guys, did I miss anything juicy? I just returned from a week's vacation and have 5 Wendy's on my DVR. Should I bother watching them? Maybe I'll save them for those sleepless nights when nothing else is on TV. 

I have totally lost interest in this show. 

I guess you can consider paint drying to be of a juicy consistency....NO!  Save them for the sleepless nights.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, For Cereals said:

I guess you can consider paint drying to be of a juicy consistency....NO!  Save them for the sleepless nights.

Lol...I put WW on and promptly fell asleep today. Blame it on hurricane after effects or exhaustion, but I had a good nap other than the nightmare (I won’t blame her for that...tho my subconscious might). Yup. Sleepless nights. 

• Love 3