Type keyword(s) to search

The Wendy Williams Show - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Pretend to cry. She was standing on stage once acting all emotional because the audience wouldn't stop clapping and in one shot you could see Suzanne the lunatic gesturing for them to keep clapping.

Nothing about her or her show is genuine.

I could not watch this show if I didn't record it. Have to fast forward through all the clapping, yelling and worship and go straight to Hot Topics. Thank god for DVR.

• Love 2

I could not watch this show if I didn't record it. Have to fast forward through all the clapping, yelling and worship and go straight to Hot Topics. Thank god for DVR.

Same here.lol

I forward until she is on her chair....

• Love 2

I'm happy for Wendy she got renewed - but getting renewed until 2020 is kind of a shock.  The network feels confident she will remain relevant for 4 more years?  I guess since her show appears to cost about $3 an episode to produce, it's not a huge gamble.

As much as we dog Wendy, I think we all love and support her, so congrats to you Wendy! 

• Love 3

She's so rude to her audience. If she says something and they clap, she yells "don't clap for that" or "don't say aww to that".

I guess "say it like you mean it" only applies if you agree with her.

I'm sorry but I don't love and support Wendy, mainly because I don't think she supports anybody else, especially other women.

• Love 6

I guess "say it like you mean it" only applies if you agree with her.

Totally agree!  But that said, I DO enjoy her interpretation and presentation of all the "juicy" stories & gossip.

Yes, Wendy DID try the "dot com" stuff a while back (around the same time she started the "ation" stuff), but probably figured she could get away with using "ation" stuff as her own since most everyone knew the "dot com" stuff was started by Tamar.

The "ation" is actually from Tamar's sister, Trina.

• Love 2

WTF is with that stupid, annoying whooping sound her audience makes? If that was her idea, then it's a really a childish, idiotic one. I was in the other room and her show came on. I had to rush in and change it because that noise was horrible.

What ever happened to an audience that just sat there, politely applauded, laughed in the right places? Now they've been replaced - and I've seen this on other shows but not to the hideous extent of the Williams' show - by hooting, hollering morons. Dummies Gone Wild. 

Maybe Williams was on a trip, heard a bird make that sound, and thought it would be a good idea for her studio audience to replicate. On every single show. 

God! What shit is on daytime now!!

• Love 3

As much as Wendy irritates me, I have to admit to loving the dress she wore today.  Thought it worked great at somewhat minimizing her gigantic boobs and making her look not so top heavy.  Best dress I've seen her wear.  I think it's cause she wasn't wearing a belt with it.  She usually loooves snatching in her tiny waist with a belt and then she looks like she's going to fall over.   JMO.

I still have to snark, though.  I hate the way she holds her arms up and tippy trots over to her chair after announcing ' let's get to hot topics ' or whatever.  Drives me nuts.  Can't she just walk normally??  Ugh.

ETA - and speaking of that moronic clapping and hootin' and hollerin'... they are starting to transfer that tactic to the guests.  Today Whitney Cummings was on and ahole Suzanne probably had them clapping after everything she said.  WTF???

Edited by Fishy
  • Love 5

Martha threw shade right back at Wendy the entire interview. It was great! Wendy clearly forgot that Martha is a Jersey girl.

Girlfriend survived Federal Prison and came out of there like she had spent a couple of years at the spa.

Martha owned Wendy.

However I thought that Wendy handled herself well considering that Martha took the lead and established herself as BIC within the first 5 seconds of the interview. Lol

Wendy does not do well in any of the cooking segments, IMO.

She is either losing focus and grabbing the food, eating with her mouth full (gross) or interrupt the flow of the convo by asking stupid personal questions.

The floor manager and the director have their hands full with Wendy.

I hope she will have the panels again... I like the way that she interacts with Don Lemon and the rest of the peeps.

Edited by LIMOM
  • Love 4

You know what's strange, I've been watching Whitney Cummings for years, but it was only seeing her in contrast to Wendy that I realized that she would make a great talk show.  She was classy, clear and quick witted, while pushing back at Wendy's tacky ass questions.  It really highlighted Wendy's flaws as an interviewer, I kind of felt bad for our girl.

• Love 1

You know what's strange, I've been watching Whitney Cummings for years, but it was only seeing her in contrast to Wendy that I realized that she would make a great talk show.  She was classy, clear and quick witted, while pushing back at Wendy's tacky ass questions.  It really highlighted Wendy's flaws as an interviewer, I kind of felt bad for our girl.

I agree with your whole post here -  except I didn't feel bad for Wendy! LOL!

• Love 2

You know what's strange, I've been watching Whitney Cummings for years, but it was only seeing her in contrast to Wendy that I realized that she would make a great talk show.  She was classy, clear and quick witted, while pushing back at Wendy's tacky ass questions.  It really highlighted Wendy's flaws as an interviewer, I kind of felt bad for our girl.

Whitney did have her own short lived talk show and it was an epic fail, just like Kathy Griffin's. It was on later at night and didn't last long. She was loud, obnoxious and not funny. On Wendy's show she looked gorgeous and was really sweet. Like a different person. 

• Love 4

Martha Stewart and Wendy Williams just don't go together if you ask me...on totally different planes. I had to roll my eyes,

I just watched her with Martha.  I watch the hot topics and check here if there is something notable.  Wendy was awkward and uncomfortable.  She did not know how to talk to Martha and Martha did not help her.  Lets conversate...um...have a conversation and there was another bit of slang in here that I forgot.  

Wendy has to hold her hand to her mouth when she eats, not to cover her mouth but under it should she drool or drop something out of it!  She really needs to chew in front of a mirror.  Why don't her people talk to her about this?   Oh and Suzanne says "how you doin'" to Martha.  Was she nervous or did she think that was cool?  Hard to know with that irritating piece of work.  

• Love 3

Martha is a total bitch.

The minute, she started dropping the names of the people who used to work for her and who are now working for Wendy, I knew it was going to get nasty....

I know that when Wendy first started on the air (during the trial period)she had a different group of people working for her.

Did she poach personal?

• Love 1

Martha is a total bitch.

The minute, she started dropping the names of the people who used to work for her and who are now working for Wendy, I knew it was going to get nasty....

I know that when Wendy first started on the air (during the trial period)she had a different group of people working for her.

Did she poach personal?

She wasn't being a bitch.  When her show was cancelled or she quit doing it the people who worked on her show got jobs on other shows and Wendy hired some who had worked for her.  She enjoyed seeing them again.   It appeared to me that Suzanne had worked for Martha too.  

She wasn't being a bitch.  When her show was cancelled or she quit doing it the people who worked on her show got jobs on other shows and Wendy hired some who had worked for her.  She enjoyed seeing them again.   It appeared to me that Suzanne had worked for Martha too.

Thanks for setting me straight. :-)

I thought that Martha was being overly aggressive but I guess I was wrong.

It seems like She works better solo.

Her pbs shows were great, her segments on NBC not so much, IMO.

I felt that her comments regarding her tequila and Patron were out of touch.

But she is after all, the woman who was carrying a Hermes bag to trial.

No. Different format.

Martha Stewart cracks me up. Nothing ruffles her feathers. She is the queen of shade.

I really appreciated when she was cold and dismissive to Tori Spelling who has become a horrible person.

• Love 1

Thanks for setting me straight. :-)

I thought that Martha was being overly aggressive but I guess I was wrong.

It seems like She works better solo.

Her pbs shows were great, her segments on NBC not so much, IMO.

I felt that her comments regarding her tequila and Patron were out of touch.

But she is after all, the woman who was carrying a Hermes bag to trial.

Yes she is out of touch.  Mentioning $200 tequila on Wendy's show was ridiculous!  LOL@ Hermes bag to court! 

I believe Wendy said that Suzanne and her husband met when they both worked on the Rosie O'Donnel Show.

I think the "woo-woo" (or "ooh-ooh") sound might date back to the disco days when everyone partied on the dance floor. Remember, Wendy loves her "clubbing"....

Good Lord!! When the hell was that?!! The Seventies? Move on, honey. It's immature and incredibly stupid.

• Love 1

I let a bunch of episodes pile up on the dvr so I'm a little late. I agree that last week she appears to have had a turn around. Her hot topics has been good and accurate. Hell I didn't know RKelly was attempting to defend Cosby. I found myself agreeing with her whole hot topics...tori spelling, Cosby, Chelsea handler et all

• Love 2

Has Wendy ever mentioned a movie (I think she) made based on her book? I can't remember that being part of any of her brag-ations, but today I saw the trailer posted, though I guess it's been on youtube for a few months. Sweet Fancy Moses, what a MESSSSS! Poor Robin Givens, I mean, wow...

• Love 1

Has Wendy ever mentioned a movie (I think she) made based on her book? I can't remember that being part of any of her brag-ations, but today I saw the trailer posted, though I guess it's been on youtube for a few months. Sweet Fancy Moses, what a MESSSSS! Poor Robin Givens, I mean, wow...

Apparently it was filmed before the TV show came about. In the comments for that trailer people said she would talk about that mess on the radio all the time. Here's the bare bones IMDB page for it. Which is super bare. It looks worse then the messes they show on Lifetime now.

• Love 1

Is Kanye supposed to be gay or is Wendy just inferring that? She always has thrown shade about that with her little comments and "how you doin" looks, just wondering if any truth to it?

Yes, that's the rumor. There is discussion on the kardashian thread if you want details. Word is He has a thing with the designer Riccardo Tisci. I had no idea Wendy was talking about that years ago. I thought it was a relatively new rumor.

• Love 1

Dear Wendy,

How much were you paid to adverti$e Celebrity Apprentice(?).

And, by the by, Tyra Banks received a Harvard CERTIFICATE of Completion for a 12 week(s) business WORKSHOP . She did not receive a Harvard University Business DEGREE.

*(Wendy you have 'helpers' to probe for gossip and background accuracies. In addition, you constantly praise your self-perceived capabilities(kudos!). Yet, quite often you ALL are negligent in this arena-- the Research Realm. If you put it out there for PUBLIC consumption, ensure that your FACT-finding is just that, please.)*

But, your ire at Kanye was on point!

Edited by BookElitist
  • Love 6

That belt Wendy was wearing today accentuated how thin she is now. I had to take a second look. Her arms and legs looked like they were or on their way to being sickly thin. She looked really unwell even with all of that makeup on.

• Love 1

I still look at her sometimes and wonder if she really is biologically female. It's funny that she was completely isolated during her pregnancy and there are no pregnant pictures of her anywhere.

I know, she is a woman, but sometimes I still wonder.

She really does have a lot of nerve talking shit about anybody's relationship. I'd feel like an asshole talking about other people's relationships knowing that the world knows how bad mine is.

I can't stand Cesar Milan.

Edited by Maharincess

I really can not stand this woman. She always says rude, offensive shit but her calling Rhianna(?) being beaten by her boyfriend a "beat ation" takes the damn cake. She was violently beaten by her boyfriend you idiot, stop calling it by what you think is a cutsey name. As somebody who was abused in my marriage, that was offensive as hell.

I hope that thing she's married to dumps her ass in the most public, humiliating way possible and takes all of her money. We can call it a "dump ation".

This moron sitting there in her short dress with her 50 year old crotch showing berating Alyssa Milano for breastfeeding in public was insane. Does she not see how ridiculous that shit is? I loved when Alyssa threw it back at her and asked why showing the pictures of half naked Miley Cyrus is OK, but her breastfeeding pics are bad.

^ Hahaha... OMG! ^

"...and we can call it a dump-ation..." (utterly HILARIOUS!)

• Love 1

Wendy with Cesar Milan. Another crackerjack staff situation not doing their job as usual. No prep, no toys or treats for the dogs so Cesar can demonstrate how to correct the behaviors the dogs were there for in the first place!. It was a useless, wasted visit from Cesar. And Wendy with her dog. Cesar was trying to point out how to keep the dog from jumping on people and she wouldn't listen to a word of it.  

• Love 4

That belt Wendy was wearing today accentuated how thin she is now. I had to take a second look. Her arms and legs looked like they were or on their way to being sickly thin. She looked really unwell even with all of that makeup on.

She looks dreadful with this outfit on.

The sad part is that she was promoting those scuba pants as part of her HSN line on an entertainment show.

During the entire show yesterday, I kept staring and thinking those pants made her look like shit.

"...and we can call it a dump-ation..." (utterly HILARIOUS!)

Is this in reference to what that first dog did that appeared on Wendy's show yesterday? 

It was a premonition of what a dump-ation mess that whole segment was going to be. 

• Love 2