Type keyword(s) to search

The Wendy Williams Show - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I'm really starting to think that Suzanne is...uh, shall we say challenged?

Suzanne annoys me too but I think it's her schtick. Do you remember a while ago Wendy decided to visit the offices? Suzanne was in the midst of a meeting and she was in charge, wearing glasses, being a professional executive producer. Suzanne looked up and said, "What are you doing here!" She wasn't pleased. Then she walked around with Wendy and was "on" for the camera. I think Suzanne is playing the straight, crazy person in a comedy routine when it comes to being on air with Wendy. I would love to be a fly on the wall at home with Brendan and Suzanne and hear what they really feel about Miss Wendy. I bet they have to go along to get along with Mr. and Mrs. Hunter. As the whole production does, the glam squad included. Money talks.

• Love 4

That, and possibly just kissing some ass to keep a great paying job.

Whatever the case may be, Suzanne is fucking annoying. Even more than Wendy.

• Love 2

They probably didn't recognize him.  Most if not all of the cabbies in NYC are foreign and know very little English.  I would venture to say that none watch Today.  

I think this might've been Al and Wendy's point.  He would have to be recognized in order for cabbies to stop.

Lol! I did NOT want to giggle at this.   I agree with rcc, I think she's Wendy's Vivian Vance.  She's also the studio (is it warm up person? applause sign person?) I can't remember what else, but on stage Suzanne is responsible for the audience's temperature.  Can you imagine the kinda clown you have to be to keep a room full of people ooh'ing and ahh'ing and gasping at nonsense for an hour? I can't be mad at her hustle it probably is a really good paycheck.  She's no different to me than an Ed McMahon, who was a complete waste of space, but I guess everybody needs a straight man.

The mispronunciations make me a little stabby.  I can't tell if, as mentioned, she's trying to be all cutesy colloquial or she's slightly xenophobic or she really gets stuck.   I can't say the word hormonal without it sounding like whore-moan-al or har-moan-all each time so I'm trying to give her the benefit of the doubt.

That swipe across her teeth has been driving me crazy for years.  She was obsessed with lipstick on her teeth during her radio days.  Radio.

• Love 3

I agree 'Damo, the fact that they have to recognize a black person as a celebrity in order for a cab driver to pick them up was the point.

It's so sad that it's almost 2016 and this is still happening.

Topic...hm...Wendy, shut up.

• Love 3

Thank you ZaldamoWilder for your response on Wendy and her annoyjng habit of rubbing her finger on her teeth.

Still can't figure this out but fortunately for me, I have more important things to figure out in my life!

• Love 1

So it is apparently a big deal that Wendy went on a beachy vacation and wore a swimsuit.  Lots of media calling attention to how good and sexy she looked after losing some weight.

Yeah, she lost weight, but how is that massive fake mass on her chest sexy?

And, with all the shade she throws at other celeb's looks, maybe she needs to look at how her thighs look in the pics that are on display.  Looks like she needs to do some toning exercises 'cuz those things do not look good.

Yeah, she's the poster child for plastic surgery alright........the one that warns what will happen if you do too much of it.

I hadn't even noticed the blotchiness on her lower legs.  

Did she know there would be pictures taken of all of her or did she think they would just show her big bosom?

Yikes........this woman enrages me.

So it is apparently a big deal that Wendy went on a beachy vacation and wore a swimsuit.  Lots of media calling attention to how good and sexy she looked after losing some weight.

Yeah, she lost weight, but how is that massive fake mass on her chest sexy?

And, with all the shade she throws at other celeb's looks, maybe she needs to look at how her thighs look in the pics that are on display.  Looks like she needs to do some toning exercises 'cuz those things do not look good.

You are so right! Wendy doesn't look good and she should look in the mirror before she throws shade at anyone else.

I missed most of the show except the interview with Lisa. Wendy couldn't even get it right when she tried to say the name of Lisa's character's husband and called him by the actor's actual first name Paul instead of Jake. Usually this would be a minor mistake for most celebrity interviewers but with the many mistakes Wendy's been making this season it was just another example of her failure to properly prepare.

Dita Von Teese and Wendy together. One looks like a plastic doll, the other with the fake boobs. Wendy had a gift of lingerie from Dita's collection that Wendy says Kevin will rip off her. LOL

Okay Wendy. Whatever.

• Love 4

She lost 50 pounds but some of that weight made her body look more proportionate with those big boobs she purchased. Now that she's thinner her choice in implant size doesn't work as well so she appears too top heavy unless she's got a bra that compresses them and actually fits.

• Love 1

Wendy and her husband have this knocked out.  He is the executive producer and they have a product.  That product is Wendy, a simple Jersey girl who denies celebrity but is one.  Her audience and viewers are her peers.  She eschews hob nobbing with celebrities which many in her position would certainly do. That is her money.  They are raking it in.  Pillow talk is much different.  There isn't love of viewers there. They appreciate fans, for sure but in the context of they are their money. It is all about, look at what we have built and look at the money we are raking in.  There is nothing sincere about her being a common woman from Jersey who shops at the mall.  It is all marketing. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 5

I hate when she acts like she has no money. She'll say something like a celebrity can afford X but"regular folk like you and I can't".

I hate when celebrities do that.  You don't have to act poor in order to relate to me.  We both know that you have money you don't need to pretend. 

My favorite is when she talks about "us" not being able to afford a $12-15 dollar cd/album because we have a mortgage and college tuition.

• Love 7

I think he likes snuggling up to her money.

Speaking of puppies, she has a Cane Corso. They are huge dogs and need a lot of training and socialization, it doesn't sound like Wendy's dog is getting either one.

She needs to be careful and get him trained so he's under her complete control or it could be a tragedy waiting to happen.

• Love 2

OMG, I can't with her and the crying.  While she was telling the story I immediately said to myself.  She is going to burst into tears in a minute and she did.  What annoyed me isn't the emotion of crying over a painful story but what bothered me is that she did it after basically insulting Lady Gaga for being insecure.  She says she expected Gaga to be stronger than to let people get to her.  She then proceeds to tell a story about how her Program Director made her cry about what seemed to be "helpful" advice.  Talk about hypocritical. 

Wendy more and more is starting to show her true colors.  When she was talking about not gossiping in the salon and how to talk to your stylist she was incredibly rude.  The whole "I do not come here for conversation".  I honestly thought she was going to say something about wanting to zone out for a little while in the chair, or I come to the salon to relax and shut out the daily noise.  Her advice was incredibly rude and bitchy. 

• Love 7

Whoops...wait a moment... she said  that has lost her hair due to thyroid malfunction, chemotherapy, cancer or what ever else she makes up as an excuse for wearing wigs and yet goes "to get her hair done?"

And , buy the way Windy, you might wanna forgo the safety pin that was so obviously (back) pinned between your cavernous foobs (fake boobs...) it just "wern't very preddy!!"

She has about as much class as a gooey duck!  I'm from the West Coast those of you that aren't should GOOGLE it.

After all the SNARK we can drench her with, she still has the Best Hot Topics Gossip and I DVR her show daily.                            

• Love 1

What was with the outfit?!?!?! It was a complete shout out to Seinfeld's "pirate shirt" and a good 25 years after society decided that such a shirt is an affront to the senses! And, she got up to twirl and say that she's responsible for designing the whole look! Why!?

Whoops...wait a moment... she said  that has lost her hair due to thyroid malfunction, chemotherapy, cancer or what ever else she makes up as an excuse for wearing wigs and yet goes "to get her hair done?"

Thyroid disease would likely make her hair very fragile and fine, but not entirely gone, and a really-good colorist would be needed if she's going that route because her hair would be less likely to survive any kind of process. Given how much damage a daily TV gig can have on hair, using wigs seems like the only reasonable idea. That said, there's no reason for her to have such expensive, but utterly tacky, wigs that have the approximate mass and weight of something Kim K would have injected into her ass. And she sucked a lot for throwing a bunch of WW cheap synthetic wigs at cancer survivors last season, because no one dealing with real problems needs that kind of help.

Edited by meisje
  • Love 2

Seriously Wendy?  You have no idea who Coldplay is and how successful they are?  Please have several seats.  Yes Wendy, Coldplay is one of the biggest bands around and are tremendously successful.  Just because something isn't your cup of tea doesn't give you a pass to be ignorant.

Also could someone on her crack hot topics team clue Wendy in that Beyoncé and Jay-Z are incredibly close to both Chris Martin and Gwyneth and that their children call each other aunt and uncle.  Now I don't know if Beyoncé will make a surprise cameo during Coldplay's halftime show but it isn't implausible considering how close they are and Beyoncé also has a duet with Chris on the new Coldplay album so it makes perfect sense to me.  It doesn't mean that Beyoncé is playing second fiddle to anyone. 

But then again Wendy doesn't understand the nuances of an actual friendship.

• Love 5

Yea I don't normally shade Wendy's outfit but today's was some terrible Maude castoff.  I also didn't get her insulting of Coldplay.  I am not excited about them being the halftime show either, but anybody in the entertainment industry should be aware of how huge Coldplay still is, and also how many contacts Chris Martin has in the music industry.  He has done records with Beyonce, Rihanna, etc... whoever he calls will show up.  Wendy sounded like a moron today.

• Love 4

Her shirt was ugly but at least it saved us from one day of seeing her boobs poking out of whatever she decides to wear and being distracting because they look so disproportionate.

Coldplay is on The Late Late Show with James Corden right now and as soon as they came on I thought of the posts above.

Edited by Jaded

I hate when celebrities do that.  You don't have to act poor in order to relate to me.  We both know that you have money you don't need to pretend. 

My favorite is when she talks about "us" not being able to afford a $12-15 dollar cd/album because we have a mortgage and college tuition.

Yea, she's reportedly worth 60 million so stfu Wendy! You are not one of us anymore even though you still like to go to the mall (which I'm not sure I believe) and do your own grocery shopping with your specially made bedazzled shopping cart.  

Is she going to have Suzanne model her cheap HSN clothes everyday now along with herself and waste 5 minutes of Hot Topics time pushing these ugly clothes? Sales must not be too good over at the shopping channel.

• Love 3

I would venture a guess to say most of her viewers are curious what her real hair looks like. I know I sure am.

Didn't realize she was with so much money....but I still buy her as more everyday ppl than anyone else in daytime talk show. Her flaws aside she is way more relatable than Rachel Ray, Meredith Viera, any of the umpteen ppl on The View (minus Joy).

Edited by Shoppergal
  • Love 1

I would venture a guess to say most of her viewers are curious what her real hair looks like. I know I sure am. 

She has said that her hair is extremely thin due to her thyroid condition and not very attractive. She said she keeps it trimmed, but long, colored and conditioned, though. I don't think she wears wigs around the house all the time. 

• Love 1

I usually mute the first 5 minutes of this show to avoid (a) having to listen to the audience screech "wooah  wooah!  wooah wooah!!" and (b) having to listen to Wendy plug her HSN clothing line.  But I didn't get to the remote fast enough today on account of being too lazy and got a really good snicker at her explaining how the stripes on her very special HSN 2-piece outfit were raised to make it easier for the wearer to keep the stripes from looking all wonky ..... as she is standing there with the stripes looking all wonky.  Hee.  And hey Wendy, as far as the outfit goes, let's say I was a big fan of it (of which I am not) I'll give you 40 bucks for it.  Tops. And that's in Canadian dollars with taxes included and only if I can get free s&h.

Edited by Cementhead
  • Love 4

Yea I don't normally shade Wendy's outfit but today's was some terrible Maude castoff.  I also didn't get her insulting of Coldplay.  I am not excited about them being the halftime show either, but anybody in the entertainment industry should be aware of how huge Coldplay still is, and also how many contacts Chris Martin has in the music industry.  He has done records with Beyonce, Rihanna, etc... whoever he calls will show up.  Wendy sounded like a moron today.

IMHO Wendy sounds like a moron most days. I dvr it though for the snark. But I only do hot topics and f2f through all the housewives franchises and Kardashian(mostly) so there isn't enough snark some days. when she confused Charlize Theron son Jackson, with Sandra Bullock's son Louis or maybe she called him David which is Madonna son. As soon as she said the wrong name I said to myself "today's mistake!" as gossip monger she is supposed to know this stuff.

Watching today's dvr recording. Wendy said The group was "Snowboard" Instead of "Snow Patrol"!!! She didn't even follow Grey's anatomy in the early days which is how I know about Snow Patrol. The Chasing Cars single from the second season finale of Grey's Anatomy. She is so uninformed. The other day she was bragging how well she remembered the briefing she gets before the show!

I hope someone reports on the HSN appearance.

• Love 1

I usually mute the first 5 minutes of this show to avoid (a) having to listen to the audience screech "wooah  wooah!  wooah wooah!!" and (b) having to listen to Wendy plug her HSN clothing line.  But I didn't get to the remote fast enough today on account of being too lazy and got a really good snicker at her explaining how the stripes on her very special HSN 2-piece outfit were raised to make it easier for the wearer to keep the stripes from looking all wonky ..... as she is standing there with the stripes looking all wonky.  Hee.  And hey Wendy, as far as the outfit goes, let's say I was a big fan of it (of which I am not) I'll give you 40 bucks for it.  Tops. And that's in Canadian dollars with taxes included and only if I can get free s&h.

It was just embarrassing to hear the two of them break down the intricacies and quality of her sweat-shop produced parade of clothing misfits. It brought me back to Project Runway and the various comments about "but how do these looks go together?!" I would pay good money to hear Tim Gunn's take on Wendy's line; it would be scathing and deserved.

I'm hoping against hope that Friday's The Soup will feature a shot of Suzanne when she was wearing the black pirate shirt, sequined drop-crotch pants and her kitten heels and lunging and gyrating like a delusional flapper caught in a time warp. Please, The Soup, there are only a few episodes of you left, please someone stick this into a montage!

I hope someone reports on the HSN appearance.

For the sake of the holidays, I hope this will happen. Did anyone catch when it's on? I would dvr the shit out of that.

Are Wendy's audience gifts awful this year or what? A plated Fitbit and $100 to spend on perfume? Ugh. I'm glad they got the other stuff from the shopping segment. I'm coming around to the Suzanne hate; there is no defense for her screaming/cheering/sign-wielding behavior when opening these boring/cheap gifts every day.  

Edited by meisje
  • Love 2

I certainly wouldn't be upset with a fit bit or a gift certificate to Perfumania if I was in the Wendy audience, it's free. I likely wouldn't wear the fitbit whatever, but I'd regift it in a heartbeat. I also watch The Real where they gave away a box of Maruchan Ramen noodles during the first season, so my expectations are perhaps lower.

I don't mind Wendy showing off her clothing line. She'd be an idiot not to. The Wendy Show is a much larger audience and has a further reach than HSN. Where else is she supposed to showcase her goods? Rachel Ray uses her cookware, Martha uses her paint and home improvement hardware Jessica Simpson wears her shoes when I see her on television-- it really doesn't phase me as she does it. I don;t even think the clothes are that bad. I can;t speak to the quality, but they seem like fine pieces I could find in any department store.

My grievances against Wendy are her Hot Topics team. I feel like the tea they spill is late and stale or inaccurate and stale. The producers don't seem to keep any sort of fact sheets or notes on the Hot Topics. Wendy is a person who always asks the age, the ex, and the project(s) of anyone she's talking about and they never seem to have this info on hand. It irritates me.

And Suzanne. I'm really over her mugging for the camera. I think she believes she comes off as quirky and "fun mom." It just reads a bit desperate for me.

She then proceeds to tell a story about how her Program Director made her cry about what seemed to be "helpful" advice.  Talk about hypocritical.

As someone who has listened to Wendy since radio and still goes back to listen to clips on YouTube for a giggle, I had to tilt my head a bit and squint at the statement that she didn't change and made it in spite of what the Program Director said. She is far more family friendly and less controversial than her radio show days. I mean "How you doin'?" has completely lost its original meaning. The advice was quite helpful in my opinion.

• Love 3

Wendy actually threw shade at First Lady Michelle Obama by implying that she wears a weave, which I don't believe for a second because her daughters Sasha & Malia  also have "good" hair.

Wendy the genius also claimed a few months ago that Adele's fans wouldn't wait for her new album-which, last time I checked, had already broken several sales records in the first week alone. She also said that Adele's music was "too depressing" for her, as if slow & sad songs are all that she's capable of.

Wendy's ignorance about Coldplay doesn't surprise me, either. The way she was carrying on, one would think that no British act had ever played a Super Bowl halftime show before. It would serve Wendy right if Coldplay not only had Beyoncé & Jay-Z perform with them, their performance turned out to be so epic that she would look like a fool for missing it & doubting that they could do it in the first place.

Wendy sounded like a moron today.

She sounds like a moron everyday.

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 2

My point re Wendy's hair is you can tell me what it looks like all damn day, but I need to see it. Much like the curiosity got me with kim Z on the housewives.

Yesterday was beyond rough. Is she getting worse or is the hot topics team of those two men getting bolder to correct her. I wonder if she's getting flack on other social media sites. I won't follow her on anything since she admitted she has a minion do the posting for her. I know that's not uncommon. But I'd rather not know.

And yes, they need to stop trying to make Susan happen.

My question is when did it go all wrong? Used to to a time when I would race home from work and I would sit there and go through the mail and watch her show and laugh and laugh. Oh man I would curse the cable company if it got messex up and didnt record. And then it started to change, slowly. Seemed like her mind was elsehwere and she wanted to be anyplace but there. Right around Chicago time. Then it was project and project and project, must do them all. No wonder she's exhausted. And something is going on with her parents. Notice they havent been there all year, and when she does mention them in HT its usually in an acerbic tone. Though I have to give it to her about cats, cat100 here haha

• Love 4

The noises made during the first 20 min or so of the show today were so annoying. The audience got some craptastic luggage from HSN's Joy Mangano who I guess just goes by "Joy" now. At least they got a couple nights free at the casino to go along with it. I'm surprised Wendy didn't take the time to pimp Joy's movie too.

• Love 1

Really Wendy, Seth MacFarlane asking Christina Aguilara to sing at his Christmas party is like somebody asking you to do your stupid hot topics at a party? Really, how many times has that happened Wendy?

She's a moron.

Whoever told her that her use of "ation" is a good thing needs to be shot, its so damn stupid.

I'm seriously starting to think there is something wrong with that Suzanne person. Did you all hear her laugh today?! She sounded like a dying cat, "ha HAA ha HAA".

I pretty much hate everything about Wendy and her show, so why do I keep watching? I only watch the hot topics segment, she at best has z list celebrities to interview so that portion of the show doesn't interest me.

Has she ever had a current A list celebrity on the show to plug something? If so, I've never seen it.

ETA: I just saw her talking about Kylie Minouge and her new boyfriend. Why does Wendy think that the goal of every woman is to be married and have kids? She was talking about Kylie being 47 and "her eggs are all scrambled". She also said it doesn't matter anyway because the guy will be gone by January 1st anyway. She's said before that she judges women who don't want to have kids.

Where does this woman, who has a horrible marriage, get off talking about anybody's relationship?! I would rather live the rest of my life completely alone than to be in a marriage like hers.

And lastly, her dog. She isn't having him properly socialized nor is she having him professionally trained. Those are very strong, powerful dogs. With her not having him properly trained and socialized, its a disaster waiting to happen. Her husband seems like the type of jerk who will refuse to have the dog neutered. Which will also result in a disaster if somebody tries to get in between him and a female.

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 5

So what's Wendy's connection to Joy Mangano? I don't get all the free publicity she's giving her. I hope they're not friends because Wendy butchered Joy's last name EVERY time she said it. 

To the poster wondering when it started going wrong. I think it really got bad when she started this new season. Remember her announcing her son's drug issues the first day she returned from hiatus? She said she wanted to tell it before the media got a hold of it. I have a feeling her personal life is in shambles. And yea, she's taking on way to many side projects has alot to do with it also. That jerk manager husband of hers really wants her working her ass off, doesn't he? Maybe it frees him up to give him more time to do his thang... I don't like or trust that guy. I say she should pay more attention to her show until it's cancelled, then go on to the other projects. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 5