Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E03: The Wedding Night

• Start Topic

Also, Nate was ironing his t-shirt!  I know this is a thing, as I've seen my cousin do it, but, y'all, he's ironing a t-shirt.  Maybe it's just my distaste for ironing, but that's divorceable right there (I keed, I keed).

It seems from the previews that Nate was upset Sheila didn't hold his hand.  Dude, ease up off her.  She's a grown ass woman, if she doesn't want to hold your hand, don't throw a tizzy fit, she just met you.

Danielle also doesn't seem into Cody.  I mean, he does seem a bit young for her, so I understand where she's coming from.  

• Love 2
3 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

M@FS has stepped it up for honeymoon accommodations.

Remember Sonia and Nick's ironing board breakfast table last season?

Good work M@FS producers in securing better honeymoon suites and locations.

The honeymoon hotel/resorts must be donated by the property in exchange for promotional considerations.  If they had a newlywed couple eating breakfast on an ironing board it is a clear message about the desirability of that property.

1 hour ago, Tara Ariano said:

If they want to keep the podcast for those who like that, could we still have the typed article for those who are deaf/at work & can't play a podcast/just like reading much better? Thank you!

1 hour ago, roseslg said:

It seems from the previews that Nate was upset Sheila didn't hold his hand.  Dude, ease up off her.  She's a grown ass woman, if she doesn't want to hold your hand, don't throw a tizzy fit, she just met you.

IIRC, that's where it started to go downhill for Vaughn & Monet from Season One. She didn't want to hold his hand, either.

• Love 5
51 minutes ago, roseslg said:

Also, Nate was ironing his t-shirt!  I know this is a thing, as I've seen my cousin do it, but, y'all, he's ironing a t-shirt.  Maybe it's just my distaste for ironing, but that's divorceable right there (I keed, I keed).

Danielle also doesn't seem into Cody.  I mean, he does seem a bit young for her, so I understand where she's coming from.  

My husband was saying it was probably not some cheap t-shirt he was ironing though. Which is probably true considering how he thinks of himself. Which no thanks. Its a damn t-shirt and I don't care how much it costs I am not ironing that out no matter what. Nor do I want to see my husband doing that. SMH 

That is right she didn't want to hold his hand in the one shot. Yet I can't blame her with how he is constantly all up in her space. If its a bit to hot for one, who the heck wants to hold hands or even be touching the person they are with. Now if he was upset over just her not holding his hand then what does that say about him and what went on to make her not want to if it wasn't heat and what did he say at that point over it to make her upset? Now that is if that was why she was all crying...

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Racj82 said:

I would never ever go on this show. I would be petrified that my looks wouldn't hold up to some great standard by the potential wife but also every part of me would be picked apart by viewers of the show. I feel like guys always get it the most. It's the least shocking thing ever to me that the women in these marriages mainly have the issues with looks out the gate. I think men get dragged a lot for being shallow but I see the reverse even more in real life. I'm glad Ashley still seems genuinely into the guy. 

It's everyones prerogative to date whatever and whomever they want but I would hope people on this show would be much more open in terms of attraction.

I could not care less how any of these people look personally. Last thing on my mind. My fear based on this episode is how much outside forces and actual intellectual attraction may get in the way. The physical seems to be there. But, relatives drama and different lifestyles may be the real kicker here.

This!  I was thinking the same thing.  I'm a woman and I think Anthony is adorable.  As far as height, my husband is 5'3 and he's a dream.  We've been married 27 years.  Don't worry my friend, there are women who won't pick apart your looks...LOL!  And I agree with you, Ashley seems genuinely into him to me too.  

• Love 8
7 hours ago, Suck It Trebek said:

Nate seems to be always on her, too. Just get off for two minutes! I know they're married (how could I not with the experts chirping, "it's a real marriage!" throughout the episode?), but they're still strangers. Just...give her some space and don't cling so much. The more he pushes being physical, the more she should be taking a big fat step away from him. 

I don't know, but Nate just seems kind of disingeneous to me, laying it on ultra thick, too Rico Suave. Nobody wants that all the time.

• Love 8

I loved the towel swans on the honeymoon beds (Hey Kate on Below Deck...you're going to have to up your game from anchors and..ahem...what she made for Dean). Especially the two swans beak to beak in St Croix.

Nate was the only husband who did not carry his new wife over the threshold. 

When Danielle and Cody were in their room I liked the comment (paraphrasing here) 'Only people in the city who married as strangers tonight'. It was prefaced by a few words I didn't catch. It seems to me as though the couples are unaware of the other matched couples  

Danielle either woke up and put on her face (make up) before the cameras came in to shoot their waking up scene OR she has long lush eye lashes.

13 hours ago, Evil Queen said:

Bringing up the beard thing, each guy has it going on with the stubble look or whatever you call it. My husband said its the thing for some because they are just lazy. LOL And the pale thing, I almost wonder if at times its lighting on them making them look more so then usual because some shots they all look it compared to others I noticed. So we have had complaints in the past about the editing (which I saw some sloppy stuff in this already) but now we have horrible lighting as well to throw in the mix. 

Watching Anthony and Ashley when they walked down the hall together, they looked like they were a good fit. Even my husband (who I have watching this season with me a little) says they look like a good match and will make it. Agree with the others that say her sister needs to back off and get a clue. She should understand and realize she can't be with her 24/7 like she wants. He didn't say he was sweeping her away and moving to another state or country. They are just going on a honeymoon and coming back home after it. Oh and the necklace he gave her was really sweet. 

The whole trying to fix up Cody's brother and Danielle's friend is stupid. As was said in the other thread by someone (sorry can't remember who) what if it doesn't work out for them with the marriage and then they have the brother and friend dating? Talk about awkward. LOL Danielle's makeup on the honeymoon during part of it was just to much. Almost as bad as Rachel's last week at times. Tone it done and she looks so much better in those scenes. Still giving off some funky vibes...even husband mentioned it at one point before he left the room. LOL Um the preview did her bikini bottom slip in the front a little much and she have a tat that flashed us or was that a patch of pubic hair? 

Sorry but that jumpsuit that Sheila had on and then the damn ripped up jeans look......was ugly. OMG how many damn times does he have to say "my queen" and his family needs to get over it. His mom needs to just get over herself. When Nate said that she was his "new queen" did you guys see his mom's eyes? OMG she could have killed someone with that look in that moment. Was he calling his mom "his queen" before this? If so um.........I don't even know what to say on that...... I agree with Snarklepuss, he is going to put the pressure on more and more when it comes to sex. The second she says she hasn't orgasm *rollseyes* he is going to really put the pressure on and talk up his game to her. And his dad just happens to miss his flight the day before and run into them at the airport. Not buying it. LMAO I swear when Nate said he was in the position to grow with somebody it sounded more like grope not grow. 

While it was nice to not have the drama tonight it looks like it will start up next week....already

Re bikini bottom slip - thank goodness you saw it too!  I felt like a pervert rewinding and trying to stop action to get a better look.  It looks like a sunburst type of a tattoo but what a weird place to put it!!!

10 minutes ago, Koalagirl said:

Re bikini bottom slip - thank goodness you saw it too!  I felt like a pervert rewinding and trying to stop action to get a better look.  It looks like a sunburst type of a tattoo but what a weird place to put it!!!

Yeah I noticed that too & wondered for a moment, but they would've fuzzed it had it not been a tat. I've been watching too much of this stuff obviously. Of course the camera zoomed right in & they could've not aired that part - so who are the pervs? They always use the honeymoon to objectify the participants, especially the women.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Mindthinkr said:

I loved the towel swans on the honeymoon beds (Hey Kate on Below Deck...you're going to have to up your game from anchors and..ahem...what she made for Dean). Especially the two swans beak to beak in St Croix.

Every time I see towel swans on this show, I think back to season 2 and how psycho Ryan D. was when he destroyed them after Jessica said she liked them...

• Love 9
18 hours ago, WichitaStateShock said:

Danielle's eyebrows are driving me crazy.

Yes .. They are so dark, and I loved when she woke up in the morning with lashes thick with mascara, shadows on upper lids perfect, and no smudges or dripping mascara anywhere, ha ha ha ha.  My lashes would be in the bedding and I would look like a raccoon.

• Love 1

Thinking M@FS editors spent all their pixelating budget on Shelia's weenius bachelorette cake and had none left for Danielle's pube flash and Nate's hole in the crotchal area of his shorts.

Edited by humbleopinion
More nonsense
  • Love 5

It helps with looking perfect upon waking if time is taken to fix up a bit while getting mic'd up.

I was wondering if they'd show the obligatory 'brushing teeth together' & they didn't disappoint. Pepper even took the time to explain how they'd have to make such decisions as 'do we brush our teeth at the same time, or not?' - yes, marriage is difficult, thanks for explaining such struggles, Pepper.

• Love 12

I'm not sure about any of these couples this season. I think the age differences are going to come into play, and these guys all seem on the immature side. I thought Cody may be a little more so, but he made reference to "banging on the first night," and some of his expressions make me think of a little boy who's just playing house.  As for Nate, all the "she's perfect and I can't have asked for a more perfect mate" BS made my brain cry foul. At this point, all that translates into is "she's hot and I want to have sex with her."  Anthony seems equally unready; I think on his bachelor party night he said something like "it's good to have Bro time," which made my eyes roll. I don't find Anthony attractive- at all- that weird beard configuration, the soft, unformed face with the flabby chin, the close-set eyes- I admit that I was hoping for a Jamie/Doug type reaction from Ashley, TBH. 

The towel swans are so cruise-ship. And everytime I see the beds strewn with rose petals (and subsequently, the couples falling onto them), I think, "I wonder if that stains the bedspread?"

I'm predicting that the conflicts are going to involve Sheila delaying sex (i.e., getting fed up with Nate mauling her constantly); Nate doing some sort of player-type thing like getting texts from other girls; Ashley being too timid to try anything fun and calling her sister constantly; Cody wanting Danielle to move to the farm and drive the tractor; and Cody revealing his stretch marks from his obese days and Danielle getting upset.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, txhorns79 said:

I think in a real marriage Ashley's sister spending a lot of time with her would be a problem, but it's hard to view it the same way when Ashley is married to a stranger.  If one of my siblings did that, I would make sure to be in regular touch, and to let my sibling know that I am happy to discuss any concern they might have and they can always come to me if things seem like they are blowing up.   

I think the major reason Ashley's sister is flipping out is because this marriage pretty much came out of nowhere and she has to get used to the fact that her sister is married and not always available all at once, right then and there.  I think the suddenness would be hard for any of the participants' family and close friends to handle.  This may also be part of the reason Nate's mom is flipping out too.  They fear losing the person.  If it wasn't forced upon them all at once they would have time to get used to the change little by little, and would know that the person wasn't going to drop off the face of the earth.  That said, I still think Ashley's sister is being over-dramatic.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Empress1 said:

She says it's been a while so I assume she's had sex, but if she's never had an orgasm I also assume she's never masturbated. If that's true, that's SO sad. It's very, very common for women not to climax from penetrative sex, but if she's not familiar with how to please herself, she can't really give that instruction to her partner.

Even if Sheila has had sex, the fact that she's never had an orgasm speaks to a disturbing level of sexual dysfunction of some sort or another.  Nate may have more issues to deal with with her than just the mere fact of never having an orgasm.  She may have underlying sexual hang ups and fears that should really be addressed by a therapist, and might be beyond Nate's ability to "fix".  And if he can't help her achieve one, well, that doesn't bode well for the future of their relationship, unfortunately.

Knowing that Sheila is very religious, I wonder if she doesn't have some form of "sex is wrong" programming in her that made her not feel right about pleasuring herself.  If that's what it is, perhaps now that she's married she may be able to "let loose" with her husband.  We hope, anyway!

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Nate was the only husband who did not carry his new wife over the threshold. 

When Danielle and Cody were in their room I liked the comment (paraphrasing here) 'Only people in the city who married as strangers tonight'. It was prefaced by a few words I didn't catch. It seems to me as though the couples are unaware of the other matched couples  

Danielle either woke up and put on her face (make up) before the cameras came in to shoot their waking up scene OR she has long lush eye lashes.

I noticed that as well with Nate. 

I figured that Danielle and Cody know there are a couple other matches done but obviously they are not going to know when those marriages happened. I don't think they take place the same day usually either. 

I thought I was the only one that saw that Danielle had her face on during the "wake up" scene. We all know its not a true we just woke up scene but it almost looked as if she had gone to sleep in her makeup. It was a lighter version of what she had on the night before. Which btw, she didn't take off once in bed either. If she is always done up like that it says to me high maintenance/very into her appearance all the time. The eye lashes to me looked fake. My daughter has super long lashes and they do not look that way. I have long lashes as well (not as long as my daughter's) and they are not like that either. When my daughter danced and we had to put the make up on for shows her lashes didn't look like that with mascara on either. 

2 hours ago, Koalagirl said:

2 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Yeah I noticed that too & wondered for a moment, but they would've fuzzed it had it not been a tat. I've been watching too much of this stuff obviously. Of course the camera zoomed right in & they could've not aired that part - so who are the pervs? They always use the honeymoon to objectify the participants, especially the women.

You would think but since it is a cable channel and the time of night its on they might not give a second thought to it. I didn't rewind or anything but either way a tat or pubic hairs they were zoomed in there on her crotch weren't they? So agree with you Gonecrackers....who are the pervs? 

1 hour ago, LennieBriscoe said:

He seems a good guy and a good match for Ashley, who appears to be a cheerful sort. I'm rooting for these crazy kids.

I agree they are a good match from what we have seen so far. I really haven't been into the matches they have made over the seasons since the first one but this is one I am hoping works out. 

50 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

I was wondering if they'd show the obligatory 'brushing teeth together' & they didn't disappoint. Pepper even took the time to explain how they'd have to make such decisions as 'do we brush our teeth at the same time, or not?' - yes, marriage is difficult, thanks for explaining such struggles, Pepper.

OMG Someone duct tape Pepper and not let her speak at all during this show. She is one to talk about marriage and how there are struggles, etc. The last person I want marriage advice from EVER is the "experts" on this show.  

28 minutes ago, KateHearts said:

And everytime I see the beds strewn with rose petals (and subsequently, the couples falling onto them), I think, "I wonder if that stains the bedspread?"

I'm predicting that the conflicts are going to involve Sheila delaying sex (i.e., getting fed up with Nate mauling her constantly); Nate doing some sort of player-type thing like getting texts from other girls; Ashley being too timid to try anything fun and calling her sister constantly; Cody wanting Danielle to move to the farm and drive the tractor; and Cody revealing his stretch marks from his obese days and Danielle getting upset.

The way the rose petals stuck to Cody's back and how they looked came off as they were just fake petals. Which I don't doubt they probably are. Makes for an easier clean up probably. 

LMAO at your predictions. 

• Love 1

I can't stand people who ruin other people's special life events with their bad attitudes (been through it & it's awful). The sister can shut up & butt out; they're not one person & each needs some autonomy. Nate's mom could've flew in earlier & had a deep discussion with him beforehand; during & after it's all over is just self serving at that point. People remember this stuff & it can damage relationships, besides it being captured on TV for public scrutiny as well.

Agree with Danielle looking a bit older than 30, & paired with Cody's very young looking 25yo face is not great for a woman.

And since Cody can't seem to grow a full beard he should go without. That scraggly bit of patchy hair on his face is not a great look. I thought I recalled Anthony's beard at least being more evenly distributed.

Nate was not a good candidate for this given his brother living with him. That's almost like bringing someone's kid into it. Since he's living with him he's obviously at least got parent issues, if not other problems. Now he's being stuck in the middle of these two entering a very unconventional marriage very quickly, without her actually agreeing to another person living with them ahead of time. He's also a very BIG 17yo boy & she may not feel comfy about that. But if her meltdown is regarding the brother I would feel badly for him; I'd hate to be in that position as a 17 yo, & I hope Sheila would know better than to do that on TV over him.

Do we know if the men's careers are being reported legit? By that I mean, is Anthony actually a marketing executive, or is he just a sales rep somewhere? I know there's a difference & that folks in those positions do tend to enhance their titles a bit. And does Cody actually own his own gym, & if so how did he do that at his age? Curious...

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, Snarklepuss said:

Knowing that Sheila is very religious, I wonder if she doesn't have some form of "sex is wrong" programming in her that made her not feel right about pleasuring herself.  If that's what it is, perhaps now that she's married she may be able to "let loose" with her husband.  We hope, anyway!

Yes we hope. If it is a religious issue she might need to talk with a therapist to "let go" but please not the sex expert on this show. Let her do it privately with dignity. 

She ought to consider going to a female OB-GYN to rule out any disfunction. She probably has one, as woman over 20 have usually seen a Dr yearly for a Pap smear, if not for birth control (I know, this is not her MO). 

I'm just scared for her that he makes any situation worse by telling her it's her fault (which could close her off to fixing her issues) or that (God Forbid) he tells her that no other woman he has been with shares this problem. I think he has a bit of a player (King) complex. 

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I'm just scared for her that he makes any situation worse by telling her it's her fault (which could close her off to fixing her issues) or that (God Forbid) he tells her that no other woman he has been with shares this problem. I think he has a bit of a player (King) complex.

I have to speak up for Sheila a little bit here. I was in a similar situation to what she describes when I was younger. I was not at all comfortable with casual sex and did not enjoy it nearly enough for anything to happen, if you know what I mean. 

I took plenty of ridicule for that. Told I was a prude who didn't like sex, "damaged goods," and "needed help," and especially - as you mentioned above - "none of the other girls are like this." Which just infuriated me because guess what? I'm not any of the other girls.

Later on, after being in a long-term relationship for a while, everything was fine. Men don't understand that there are some females who don't enjoy casual sex and no amount of pushing or ridicule or threats to leave is going to make them enjoy it. 

It may be that she's crying in the upcoming scenes because Nate - who is clearly a player and used to women who are just as happy with casual sex as he is - said something stupid and insulting like I mentioned above.

Men also don't realize that when they are heavily into casual sex, they're not going to run into women who aren't because THOSE WOMEN WILL AVOID THEM. They won't even believe such women exist. Then, when they run into one like Sheila (most likely,) they're convinced there's something wrong with HER.

Will be interesting to see if this is the case with Sheila. If it is, she can call me and I'll stick up for her, lol.

• Love 12

Let me answer the question about Nate''s brother. Nate''s dad responded to that question saying that Nate''s younger brother who is of a different mum moved in with Nate after graduation because he was hoping to start college in Chicago. 

• Love 3

Ima gonna step up to defend Anthony and Ashley after a few days of wedded bliss.

They make eye contact with each other with the outer corners of their eyes softening...that is a connection.

Ashley is an insecure woman who needs someone in her corner and Anthony could be that man.

Out of the 3 men, he's the keeper.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, Gobears said:

Every time I see towel swans on this show, I think back to season 2 and how psycho Ryan D. was when he destroyed them after Jessica said she liked them...

I thought about that too! 

57 minutes ago, ctbabe said:

Let me answer the question about Nate''s brother. Nate''s dad responded to that question saying that Nate''s younger brother who is of a different mum moved in with Nate after graduation because he was hoping to start college in Chicago. 

I figured it was the dad's kid with someone else. The mom might not have been so territorial about Nate if she had other kids/another son.

It was beyond weird to hear Nate's mother ask if she was still the queen. Their relationship might have been enmeshed in some unhealthy ways if he was the only male child of a single mother. Not saying this happens in all cases, but her reaction to this marriage has been very extreme. At any rate, he skeeves me out and I don't like him. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

All 6 seem like normal people..no buses at the beach..no t shirt companies...no shilling vodka...no bowling teams across the river...no heartless and moustached, no clown portraits, no wax melts.

We shall see...

Nate has a T-shirt company that he's shilling pretty hard on his SM, mostly shirts that say "I'm not impressed". Don't know if he'll get to the point of wearing his brand on the show though.

13 hours ago, txhorns79 said:

I think in a real marriage Ashley's sister spending a lot of time with her would be a problem, but it's hard to view it the same way when Ashley is married to a stranger.  If one of my siblings did that, I would make sure to be in regular touch, and to let my sibling know that I am happy to discuss any concern they might have and they can always come to me if things seem like they are blowing up.   

5 hours ago, Snarklepuss said:

I think the major reason Ashley's sister is flipping out is because this marriage pretty much came out of nowhere and she has to get used to the fact that her sister is married and not always available all at once, right then and there.  I think the suddenness would be hard for any of the participants' family and close friends to handle.  This may also be part of the reason Nate's mom is flipping out too.  They fear losing the person.  If it wasn't forced upon them all at once they would have time to get used to the change little by little, and would know that the person wasn't going to drop off the face of the earth.  That said, I still think Ashley's sister is being over-dramatic.

The best case is that Ashley's sister Lauren is still a little shocked by the marriage and doesn't want Ashley to disappear from her day to day interaction. The worse case is that she's obsessed with Ashley and wants all her time and attention.

Unfortunately, the "social experiment" is to test if you can arrange marriages on TV and see how many viewers you can get. I suspect some of these marriages would not have happened if they didn't want at least some conflict for good TV. Plus, they drum up dumb conflict instead of the good stuff we find out about on social media anyway.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

I can't stand people who ruin other people's special life events with their bad attitudes (been through it & it's awful). The sister can shut up & butt out; they're not one person & each needs some autonomy. Nate's mom could've flew in earlier & had a deep discussion with him beforehand; during & after it's all over is just self serving at that point. People remember this stuff & it can damage relationships, besides it being captured on TV for public scrutiny as well.

Been there and had that done many times as well. Its not fun and leaves one feeling pretty crappy. With it aired on tv it can be even worse on relationships. His mom totally should have discussed it with him one on one before had more and once it was done shut her trap at this point. 

5 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Nate was not a good candidate for this given his brother living with him. That's almost like bringing someone's kid into it. Since he's living with him he's obviously at least got parent issues, if not other problems. Now he's being stuck in the middle of these two entering a very unconventional marriage very quickly, without her actually agreeing to another person living with them ahead of time. He's also a very BIG 17yo boy & she may not feel comfy about that. But if her meltdown is regarding the brother I would feel badly for him; I'd hate to be in that position as a 17 yo, & I hope Sheila would know better than to do that on TV over him.

Do we know if the men's careers are being reported legit? By that I mean, is Anthony actually a marketing executive, or is he just a sales rep somewhere? I know there's a difference & that folks in those positions do tend to enhance their titles a bit. And does Cody actually own his own gym, & if so how did he do that at his age? Curious...

Agree he was not a good candidate for this not even just the fact that he has a 17 yr old brother living there but had shoes of some woman's still around while Pepper comes around...sorry but that should have been a no go right there with those 2 things and shown he wasn't ready for this. 

I was wondering as well about their careers too since some can say one thing with spinning the title into something else. 

5 hours ago, ctbabe said:

Thanks for that answer. Still shouldn't have been picked for this show while having this going on. Since he is not a legal adult he has to live with them no matter where they live. Not a good combo for this kind of situation.

21 minutes ago, Gobears said:

Nate has a T-shirt company that he's shilling pretty hard on his SM, mostly shirts that say "I'm not impressed". Don't know if he'll get to the point of wearing his brand on the show though.

I hope we don't see that crap. Its bad enough he is shilling it on SM. I am curious if Danielle is pushing her blog since she mentioned the show on it from what someone posted. 

10 minutes ago, ChristmasJones said:

My DVR picked up MAFS: Second Chances -  is this a new show? and is there a forum? 

TIA!!!

Yes there is one for it. 

5 minutes ago, ketose said:

The best case is that Ashley's sister Lauren is still a little shocked by the marriage and doesn't want Ashley to disappear from her day to day interaction. The worse case is that she's obsessed with Ashley and wants all her time and attention.

I suspect she isn't used to not being the center of the universe and this is new to her. Yet she needs to chill and let Ashley get to know Anthony and him her. I hope she will do so but I can see her being around as much as she can and a problem for them if he doesn't speak up....and Ashley doesn't put her foot down to her sister on boundaries. Especially if she ever wants kids of her own. That can't happen if sister dearest is always around. LOL

11 hours ago, peaceknit said:

I don't know, but Nate just seems kind of disingeneous to me, laying it on ultra thick, too Rico Suave. Nobody wants that all the time.

The gold chains are extra skeevey. Just no. 

• Love 1

I wonder if Danielle packed two sets of nightclothes for sexy time vs sleep time. If so, she was sending Cody a clear message with her choice of sweatpants and baggy top. I don't know what to make of his comment that he really wanted to have sex with her and almost couldn't stop himself, or whatever it was. Like, it's not your sole decision to make, dude.

Edited by Lord Donia
  • Love 4

It's impressive off the bat that EVERYONE on the show has goo-goo eyes for their spouse. But none so much as Nathan, who is drooling over Shelia like when two cartoon characters are starving on a deserted island and they start imaging the other as a hot dog or a roasted turkey.

• Love 7

Odd with Danielle because I see her as not really into Cody, or at least, taking her time because she's very unsure. Cody is all about wanting sex right now. But then in the preview I thought I heard her say something about him wanting to wait to have sex.  Okay I guess we'll see what's up with that.

11 hours ago, Evil Queen said:

Agree he was not a good candidate for this not even just the fact that he has a 17 yr old brother living there but had shoes of some woman's still around while Pepper comes around...sorry but that should have been a no go right there with those 2 things and shown he wasn't ready for this. 

Yep, definitely. Pepper made a joke out of it. I hardly thought it was funny for a 'religious' man so desperately wanting his queen-wife. Nate's bachelor party behavior was also not that of a 'religious' man in a commitment mindset. One thing or another can happen & no one's perfect, but, he seems to have had a lifestyle that doesn't really scream 'good Christian man'. Seems a bit of a hypocrite to me. One doesn't all of a sudden *poof* turn into a God fearing man when having a ring placed on his finger. It's a mindset but with him it seems like just words.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 3

Remember Pepe Le Pew from the WB Looney Tunes?

Pepe's overly aggressive search for romance has females  having to squirm out of his overly tight ardous clutches and fervent protestations of love, causing them to flee in panic from him.

Nate's pawing and octopus arms all over Sheila reminds me of Pepe and his object of desire.

Pepe's actions are politically incorrect today but guess that was funny 70 years ago.

• Love 5

Nate is gross, first the "my queen" stuff and then the pawing and leering.

How come we never hear the couples have actual conversations, it's always talking about how they want to make the marriages work, etc? Producers won't let them have a regular conversation on camera?

• Love 2
3 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Odd with Danielle because I see her as not really into Cody, or at least, taking her time because she's very unsure. Cody is all about wanting sex right now. But then in the preview I thought I heard her say something about him wanting to wait to have sex.  Okay I guess we'll see what's up with that.

Yep, definitely. Pepper made a joke out of it. I hardly thought it was funny for a 'religious' man so desperately wanting his queen-wife. Nate's bachelor party behavior was also not that of a 'religious' man in a commitment mindset. One thing or another can happen & no one's perfect, but, he seems to have had a lifestyle that doesn't really scream 'good Christian man'. Seems a bit of a hypocrite to me. One doesn't all of a sudden *poof* turn into a God fearing man when having a ring placed on his finger. It's a mindset but with him it seems like just words.

Agree. I don't think she is sure about Cody either. I think he wants sex but he isn't going to just jump her and go at her...unlike Nate. I think Cody and Danielle would be able to discuss it and come to an agreement on timing compared to Nate and Sheila. 

Yep...Pepper disgusts me so much. It figured she would make a joke out of it too and be ok with it all. Its right up her alley considering how she is. I haven't bought his "religious man" act at all from the get go. I'd like to know how often he goes to church, prays and follows what is said. Considering how he was at the bachelor party with all his talk of having to give up his ladies man name and that way of being, he is far from being religious. While Sheila, has come off more so like she is very much so into religion. 

1 hour ago, cpcathy said:

Nate is gross, first the "my queen" stuff and then the pawing and leering.

How come we never hear the couples have actual conversations, it's always talking about how they want to make the marriages work, etc? Producers won't let them have a regular conversation on camera?

Agree with it all....I would imagine they are having regular conversations but they edit those out and we end up with the making it work talk instead or something that could be spun to look like drama is lingering or there is drama. 

I can't imagine Sheila is someone that is into that whole "my queen" crap....or that she would want to hear it for long. 

• Love 3

humble opinion, Why would you "defend" A&A? I think we pretty much like them here!

I don't want to hear Sheila and/or Nate say one more word about orgasms---hers, his, or the Man in the Moon's. TMI is a universal concept. 

And for me, given Sheila's unusual marital situation, the teen brother would be a definite, no two ways about it, deal-breaker. DNW. 

• Love 3
On 4/27/2017 at 9:37 PM, okerry said:

First reception drama, now brunch drama with Nate's family - Mom, you are way too late to be worrying about Nate. I have a feeling this is not the worst think he's ever done, or will do

Exactly! And if she was so awesome I guess her 17 year old son (is it her son or the dad's ) wouldnt be living with Nate ... 

Nate has big tattoos all over his chest - just saying... and Sheila seems like a very conservative "nice" girl .... I dont see it happening. 

23 hours ago, okerry said:

Men also don't realize that when they are heavily into casual sex, they're not going to run into women who aren't because THOSE WOMEN WILL AVOID THEM. They won't even believe such women exist. Then, when they run into one like Sheila (most likely,) they're convinced there's something wrong with HER.

THANK YOU !!!!!

In my very early 20s I dated a "player" type for a brief perod of time. He made me feel like I was such an awkward freak because I still hadnt had sex with anyone at the 'old' age of 21. Had I been smarter, I would have told him that the quality girls with values wouldnt have touched him with a 10 foot pole (Luckily I never did it with him and wisened up a litle)

• Love 2
On 4/28/2017 at 5:47 PM, Snarklepuss said:

Even if Sheila has had sex, the fact that she's never had an orgasm speaks to a disturbing level of sexual dysfunction of some sort or another.  Nate may have more issues to deal with with her than just the mere fact of never having an orgasm.  She may have underlying sexual hang ups and fears that should really be addressed by a therapist, and might be beyond Nate's ability to "fix".  And if he can't help her achieve one, well, that doesn't bode well for the future of their relationship, unfortunately.

I think that when Sheila said she had never orgasmed before, its underlying meaning was that she was a virgin, even though one can climax from masturbation. But it is a pretty odd way to phrase it and also EXTREMELY TMI to do so on national TV. I highly doubt there are women who have never tried self-pleasure before, even 30 year old virgins. I would have either kept quiet about it and only shared it with the husband (100% smartest thing to do) or said it in plain terms. BTW, if she is indeed a virgin, which I think she is, is she seriously going to have sex with a guy shes only known for a few weeks (or whatever length of time they wait ??) And I dont think Nate will want to wait. 

Just now, Matias130 said:

I think that Ashley comes on pretty strong to Anthony, either that or he seems like more the passive type. Either way, they seem like a good fit. 

Edited by Matias130

I don't think Sheila's admission to the world that she has never had an orgasm was a coded way of saying she's a virgin. More like sexually inexperienced. I can't imagine the show wouldn't play up the untouched aspect BIG TIME if she was, indeed, a Virgin Bride. 

• Love 4