Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E04: The Etiquette of Friendship

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Thanks. Thought maybe I was the only one.

For me, this was one of the all time great scenes. Heather and Beth on the same page with crazy Sonja. There to support her, but very aware that this whole deal could be a shitstorm. God I wish Heather would have stayed around another season. I would have loved to continue to see the dynamics between these two strong, smart know-it-alls. 

I miss Heather as well but I don't think she liked how ugly the show had become her final season. I am glad she left when she did.

• Love 6
50 minutes ago, Otherkate said:

Dorinda really lost me with this one, though I admit to laughing because it was so freaking insane. That said, to me, her slut shaming was as gross as Bethenny's was with Lu last year. Vile.

Yes and Amen. 

I wonder why the reaction to Dorinda's slut shaming is so different than the reaction to Beth's last year? There was page after page about how horrible it was for one woman to slut shame another. It seems like for the most part, folks kind of liked Dorinda's rant, which was vile to the extreme, more so than Beth's because it was done at a dinner party with innocent folks just trying to enjoy some wine and pasta. Is it more about the person than the behavior? 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, TheMole said:

Oh I forgot about this moment!

This show really needs Heather back. We do see a little bit of her this week but that's it. She was never afraid to stand up to anyone or call them out on their BS. I loved her friendship with Carole. I think the dynamic would be better if she were back. Bethenny is very domineering that even the toughest of the cast are nervous around her.  Sonja basically gave her a free pass at the last reunion because she didn't want to fall out with her. Lu isn't scared of her but she's definitely sick of her. Carole is her friend, Tinsley is still too new, she has rattled Dorinda in the past - it's only Ramona (who lives in her own world) that will draw her into an argument willingly.

Do ÿou think she would ever consider coming back? Would Bravo have her back? There was some discussion she left because she was being pressured to show more of her family. Others thought Beth basically got rid of her. 

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Do ÿou think she would ever consider coming back? Would Bravo have her back? There was some discussion she left because she was being pressured to show more of her family. Others thought Beth basically got rid of her. 

She showed her family, so it isn't that. I think it was a combo of the lawsuit with her partner and the direction the show had taken. They made Heather look horrid her last season because they needed Bethenny to look sympathetic. Also, Bethenny can not have someone as strong and as successful (business/family/total package) as Heather on the show, it make Bethenny look like a cheap knockoff in comparison IMO.

• Love 8
10 hours ago, halkatla said:

Trump winning is worth it if just for the suffering of silly, middle-aged snowflakes like Carole.

OMG...and not in a good way.  I'm not exactly "suffering," but I AM unhappy.   Surely I'm not silly...and I'm definitely NOT middle-aged.  

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Former Nun said:

OMG...and not in a good way.  I'm not exactly "suffering," but I AM unhappy.   Surely I'm not silly...and I'm definitely NOT middle-aged.  

Others are happy, they voted for him. Carole will be upset, but hopefully move on. I'd hate a season with nothing but this.:(

• Love 1

I wonder why the reaction to Dorinda's slut shaming is so different than the reaction to Beth's last year? There was page after page about how horrible it was for one woman to slut shame another. It seems like for the most part, folks kind of liked Dorinda's rant, which was vile to the extreme, more so than Beth's because it was done at a dinner party with innocent folks just trying to enjoy some wine and pasta. Is it more about the person than the behavior? 

It is probably a combination of who the slut shaming is coming from, and who the person being slut shamed is.

• Love 4

It is probably a combination of who the slut shaming is coming from, and who the person being slut shamed is.

And B admitted it was out of line and apologized.  Dorinda sat on WWHL and said nope, not sorry.  So you really have to twist your logic in a pretzel if one is bad and one is ok.  I don't like either or them.  I think in both cases what they wanted to get across was lost in the delivery.  I do think Luann says one thing and does another.  She is a hypocrite.  I do think that Sonja veered way into slander with her gossip on Dorinda.  But all we remember is the out of control delivery of the messengers in both cases.

• Love 9
11 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Yes and Amen. 

I totally agree.  I posted about the slut shaming as well.

I wonder though if it is because there are many that think Sonja is just that -- a slut.  There have been many "snatch guard" type of moments with her and she's always been sort of out there with her sexuality where Lu keeps it more on the down low (which is what Beth said she was upset about that led to her slut shaming).  I personally though Dorinda's endless stream of slut shaming was awful though.

• Love 6
36 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

And B admitted it was out of line and apologized.  Dorinda sat on WWHL and said nope, not sorry.  So you really have to twist your logic in a pretzel if one is bad and one is ok.  I don't like either or them.  I think in both cases what they wanted to get across was lost in the delivery.  I do think Luann says one thing and does another.  She is a hypocrite.  I do think that Sonja veered way into slander with her gossip on Dorinda.  But all we remember is the out of control delivery of the messengers in both cases.

That's so crazy to me and says a lot about Dorinda. I can't imagine watching myself on film giving that tirade and NOT feeling badly about it, no matter who the woman on the receiving end of it was.

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

I totally agree.  I posted about the slut shaming as well.

I wonder though if it is because there are many that think Sonja is just that -- a slut.  There have been many "snatch guard" type of moments with her and she's always been sort of out there with her sexuality where Lu keeps it more on the down low (which is what Beth said she was upset about that led to her slut shaming).  I personally though Dorinda's endless stream of slut shaming was awful though.

When I was watching this, my thought was - oh my, Dorinda has dug herself a hole she will not be able to get out of. Folks will not like the slut shaming no matter what, and she will pay the price. So I was surprised that was not the case for the most part. 

I think there is some truth to the comment that lots of folks think Sonja is slutty so why blame Dorinda for saying it (or for shouting it at a dinner party)? For me, Sonja's sexual behavior is the least offensive thing about her. I love the fact that she has always just owned it and made zero excuses. Some of the other stuff is the problem, and is the ultimate problem for Dorinda, but she mixed up her messages. I watched the rant again, and someone with no prior knowledge of their issues would assume Dorinda just doesn't like Sonja because she thinks she is a slut, since that seemed to be her message. And was there an apology? I cannot remember if Dorinda apologized the next day or not, but certainly she said on WWHL that she had zero regrets. Surely you would have a regret or two? Maybe not. I will say that Dorinda is reality TV gold. She is such a contridiction. 

• Love 6
On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 7:17 PM, Atlanta said:

I thought that was Sonja just letting the crazy lady vent and be over it. You can't talk to crazy. You have to let them rant and then go on with your life. I think Dorinda wanted S to go nuts in retaliation, but she wasn't going to play that game.

My dad had a saying, "it's better to have one crazy person in an argument, not two......"

• Love 3

I like Dorinda too but I don't see the rail snorting.

I'll just say I went to college in the 80s. Dorinda eats too much for a cokehead. In fact, she seems to be one of the few HWs on this show I've seen eat...repeatedly...and enjoy traditional Italian food.

I can see her getting caught up in a crazy Hamptons party vibe a couple of times, but a regular user? Nah. If anything, she's got a problem with the hitting the sauce.

• Love 7

I'll preface this by saying I don't think either situation was right. But, I couldn't help but wonder (heh) if the way people have reacted to Dorinda vs Bethenny's screed last year is that Dorinda had some wit in her insults. Bethenny spewed a bunch of bile, but Dorinda's "Holland Tunnel" line was at least a little clever on its face, even as it was cruel in its message.

Also:

- Sonja was hurting Dorinda's reputation in the press. Tit for tat is not excusable, but perhaps a bit more understandable than a years-old grudge over a slight about manners and status.

- Dorinda seemed kind of hyperbolic and angry over a *situation*, whereas Bethenny was being nasty, IMO, for the sake of being nasty.

Again I don't think it was right in either situation. But I do think it was both the deliverer and the delivery. (Plus Dorinda moves past stuff--kinda--but Bethenny clearly doesn't.)

• Love 8

I think the Lu vs Sonja sexual hijinks is more a matter of perspective. Luanne seems to be in full control of her sexuality. I believe she enjoys both sex and strong men. Sonja's sexuality strikes me as rather sad, almost desperate. And $10 says Lu throws on some perfume and scrambles eggs in the morning. I just imagine Sonja slothing in bed as she regales you with tired stories of the other 350 guys who provided validation. Which is probably still preferable to Ramona who has always wanted to be seen a sexy but just comes across as sad.

FWIW- I think the behavior itself was similar but I think Beths was more uncalled for. Dorinda's was just stupid in the sense that she wanted to show Sonja she could spread dirt on her if she chose. It's not a good look on either woman. The main difference is Dorinda gifted us with 'how am I doing/ Not well, bitch.'

• Love 7
1 hour ago, archer1267 said:

I'll just say I went to college in the 80s. Dorinda eats too much for a cokehead. In fact, she seems to be one of the few HWs on this show I've seen eat...repeatedly...and enjoy traditional Italian food.

I can see her getting caught up in a crazy Hamptons party vibe a couple of times, but a regular user? Nah. If anything, she's got a problem with the hitting the sauce.

I agree, I don't think she's a cokehead.  Like you, I think she likes to do a line or two before/during parties and beat-downs.  That leaves plenty of time to eat pasta. 

Someone said upthread that they didn't think Dorinda does coke because she doesn't touch her nose or sniffle or display some other signs.  Those also do not point to someone who only uses recreationally.  My friend used to lick his bottom lip and do this thing with his mouth after he did the casual line.  Now I'll be watching Dorinda for that. LOL.

It also doesn't help that she talks like she's got a deviated septum.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, archer1267 said:

I think Lu, eats well. All the way through the Dorinda tirade,:)  Dorinda eats well . Both women seem to have great gusto for life. That's why I love them, right or wrong. The insipid Carole's of the world make me cringe, pass the lettuce.Oh, I also think Ro loves her food.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Former Nun said:

Trump winning is worth it if just for the suffering of silly, middle-aged snowflakes like Carole.

I am NOT a Trump fan so I don't necessarily think it was worth it, but giving Carole the sads it is definitely the best thing that has come out of his election.

She was saying that she didn't want Ramona to come to her party because she acts like a know it all?  Umm, that's exactly what Carole has been doing and thank god next week is the election because she is insufferable.  Fix your disgusting couch and stop thinking working at ABC forever ago makes you an expert in anything.

• Love 6

one other weird thing - Sonja was invited to Lu's bridal shower and not to her wedding??  Isn't that in poor taste?  I mean anyone can do whatever they want but I would feel terrible inviting someone to my shower and then not to the actual wedding.   I thought that was weird, especially for the etiquette queen Luann (don't you know - she wrote a book!).

• Love 11
2 hours ago, robroy said:

I think the Lu vs Sonja sexual hijinks is more a matter of perspective. Luanne seems to be in full control of her sexuality. I believe she enjoys both sex and strong men. Sonja's sexuality strikes me as rather sad, almost desperate. 

I think there is a desperation about Lu's sexuality, too.  I'm not so sure how in control she is.  How do we explain Hampton weekends and a European vacation with Rey?! And then marrying Tom, the guy who cheated on her shortly, and very publicly, before their engagement party.  There's deep insecurity there. Or something. Based on what Lu has said about the Count and what we've seen with Rey and Tom, I wouldn't necessary call them strong men.  Jacques?  Who knows.  He was probably the closest to a good, strong man of what we've seen, but then again, he allowed himself to be involved in a reality tv program so I dunno about that one either... :-)

• Love 11
16 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I don't know. Clearly her family and business come first and I think that the show was in the way - that's just opinion. I think right now it's more likely that Jill might be asked back. I've heard a few rumors this little cameo is a test to see how the audience responds to her, but there's always rumors. Who knows?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, mostlylurking said:

one other weird thing - Sonja was invited to Lu's bridal shower and not to her wedding??  Isn't that in poor taste?  I mean anyone can do whatever they want but I would feel terrible inviting someone to my shower and then not to the actual wedding.   I thought that was weird, especially for the etiquette queen Luann (don't you know - she wrote a book!).

Every Wife has an opinion on Lu. One of the most interesting has been the following: "she is a weird one." on the whole I think it's pretty accurate.

Sonja made a big deal about going to Phuket with her friends for a new years before an invitation was sent out. Lu was kind of baffled she did that but I'm sure she understood that Sonja was trying to say face. She badmouthed the relationship in the media so I don't think that Lu would've had her at the ceremony.

For some reason I can't post below this comment but I think you are sooo right. However, the love of a man seems to be the validation both these women think they need to fulfill them. 

3 hours ago, robroy said:

I think the Lu vs Sonja sexual hijinks is more a matter of perspective. Luanne seems to be in full control of her sexuality. I believe she enjoys both sex and strong men. Sonja's sexuality strikes me as rather sad, almost desperate.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, ivygirl said:

I'll preface this by saying I don't think either situation was right. But, I couldn't help but wonder (heh) if the way people have reacted to Dorinda vs Bethenny's screed last year is that Dorinda had some wit in her insults. Bethenny spewed a bunch of bile, but Dorinda's "Holland Tunnel" line was at least a little clever on its face, even as it was cruel in its message.

I can see that. Dorinda's comments seemed a bit more flip, breezy, and quippy. I'll admit, I laughed. But Bethenny...I'm one of the few left who likes her, but you're right. It was just a constant tirade of contempt. 

• Love 4
On 4/29/2017 at 5:08 PM, ChitChat said:

I think that after Carole said "you don't even like/care about Hillary," Ramona was done with that conversation.

I thought it was so funny that she said that.  As if Hillary was some sort of close personal friend or something.  It's like she was personally offended by the fact that Ramona didn't "like" Hillary.  I say this as a Hillary supporter:Get a grip Carole.  

• Love 3
3 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

Luann may have had several different showers thrown for her, hosted by different people.  Sometimes, brides don't have a say in the guest list of the showers.  It could be that whomever hosted that particular shower just assumed that Sonja would be invited to the wedding, so invited Sonja to the shower, without consulting Luann about her wedding guest list.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Former Nun said:

I'd rather NOT have Jill Zarin back...but I'd also like to see Tinsley GO!

I didnt watch when Zarin was on, and I really don't know Tinsley yet. Tall, blonde, nice hair, the type Bethenny and her cruel steak likes to pick on.She should stay awhile..:)

8 minutes ago, Fanny Mare said:

I didnt watch when Zarin was on, and I really don't know Tinsley yet. Tall, blonde, nice hair, the type Bethenny and her cruel steak likes to pick on.She should stay awhile..:)

Word on the street is that Carole gets the closest to Tinsley, so it will be interesting to see that dynamic with Beth.

One other intersting nugget...Carole posted on Twitter that she went to the event at the Botanical (I think it was at the Botanical) with Tinsley. The one that Sonja was bitching about in her kitchen. Carole said that she and Tinsley are both very close to the two dudes they went with (Sonja claimed in the segment that she was closer to them than Tinsley was), and also said that the guys had invited Sonja but she never responded to the invite. Carole posted pics of the event on Twitter. Wonder why Bravo didn't show us the event? It's the kind of thing they do that irritates me. Apparently Carole and Tinsley were friendly enough by the last episode to have gone out together, yet you would never know just by watching the film that we were shown that they have done more than say "hi". 

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Word on the street is that Carole gets the closest to Tinsley, so it will be interesting to see that dynamic with Beth.

One other intersting nugget...Carole posted on Twitter that she went to the event at the Botanical (I think it was at the Botanical) with Tinsley. The one that Sonja was bitching about in her kitchen. Carole said that she and Tinsley are both very close to the two dudes they went with (Sonja claimed in the segment that she was closer to them than Tinsley was), and also said that the guys had invited Sonja but she never responded to the invite. Carole posted pics of the event on Twitter. Wonder why Bravo didn't show us the event? It's the kind of thing they do that irritates me. Apparently Carole and Tinsley were friendly enough by the last episode to have gone out together, yet you would never know just by watching the film that we were shown that they have done more than say "hi". 

Maybe there is more to come, I hope so.

• Love 2
(edited)
23 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

That's ridiculous.  My 37 year old niece had a hysterectomy last week.  

I thought it was an odd statement as well. I had a hysterectomy at 36. There were several of us at work who had had one, we called ourselves the Hyster Sisters. We also thought that if men had periods, hysterectomies would be elective surgery. 

Did anyone else think it was odd that when Tinny went to lunch with Lu (can't even remember now who the third person was) she brought up that she was going to be in Palm Beach at the time of Lu's wedding? Seemed like she was fishing for an invitation. It may have been just another chance for her to bring up her sordid past, but it did seem like there was an ulterior motive.....

I would love it if they brought Jill back. I never minded her, and love Bobby. And since she looks nothing like the Jill of a few years ago, I think it would be amusing to have the old personality along with the new face. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 5
20 hours ago, Otherkate said:

Speaking of Dorinda, I'm no John fan, but he really should cut her loose. She clearly doesn't have the feelings for him that he has for her and it seems unfair to him. John is super successful and I'm sure he could find himself someone fairly easily.

This is 1000% correct. John is like a couple of poor saps I know. They get involved with a woman they always wanted who is available because the husband died or dumped her for a young trophy wife. My wife has a girlfriend like that. She was hot stuff back in the day and when he husband dumped her she went through a string of guys that had lusted after her for decades. She uses them and then moves on to the next one. Some of them last for a few years. One even lasted for five years. The latest won sold his funeral parlor and bought her a house in Florida. She is a Dorinda type to the max.

John obviously loves Dorinda and wants to take the relationship to another level but Dorinda is just using him. She doesn't seem to even like him very much. She likes the things he brings. But him not so much.

I know there is a massive prejudice against fat sweaty ethnic outer borough blue collar guys like John so he gets zero sympathy from most people. I just hope he wises up soon and moves on to greener pastures. He can do  a hell of  lot better. He can even get a much younger woman and still have a kid or three. Move on buddy. You deserve better than this caterwauling drunken mess.

• Love 4
(edited)

Using him for what?

I think part of the reason he gets no sympathy is because, well. he can be an asshole, regardless of his ethnicity or geographical dwelling.

Edited by AndySmith
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I thought it was an odd statement as well. I had a hysterectomy at 36. There were several of us at work who had had one, we called ourselves the Hyster Sisters. We also thought that if men got periods, hysterectomies would be elective surgery. 

Did anyone else think it was odd that when Tinny went to lunch with Lu (can't even remember now who the third person was) she brought up that she was going to be in Palm Beach at the time of Lu's wedding? Seemed like she was fishing for an invitation. It may have been just another chance for her to bring up her sordid past, but it did seem like there was an ulterior motive.....

You mean like Tinsley might need an alibi? She was at a wedding and could no way have broken into the ex's property that night?

• Love 2

Using him to pay for dinner and vacations and supporting her lifestyle to the degree she is accustomed too. I know she has her own money. But I bet she would much rather having a sap like John spending his money on her than paying for it herself. Do you think she ever goes into her pocket when they go out. Think again.  They are not going to Applebees for the two for one night. They are hitting fancy restaurants on the Upper East Side where a dinner for two starts at upward of $300 a couple. So if they go out three or four times a week we are talking a grand easy.

Lending her clothing is another perk. She went through his shop and obviously had her eye on tons of stuff she wanted to "borrow." Didn't you ever see the Seinfeld episode with the borrowed jacket. I bet Dorinda gets her greasy mitts on a lot of stuff. She was salivating over some of the stuff when she was bringing him lunch. I bet dollars to donuts she gets a lot of stuff that get "lost" or damaged and leads to an insurance claim.

Basically she needs to be with a guy. Just like my wife's friend. She doesn't even necessarily have to like him. He can be a convenient punching bag. As long as he picks up the check.

(edited)

I don't think she needs him to support her lifestyle. Since neither of us are with them when they go out to dinner and/or plan vacations, who knows who pays for what. Given that she has money too, he could be using her to pay for stuff just as much as she is allegedly using him.

Dorinda's outfits seem to fit her body well, so I doubt she is raiding his dry cleaning factory. Unless his factory only washes and cleans garments that are sized at "one size fits all", and that one size happens to be Dorinda's.

If she doesn't like him and needs to be with a guy...wouldn't she just pick a guy that she actually likes? She's a decent looking, financially independent woman with a healthy social life living in Manhattan, I'm sure she can find someone if she wants to.

Edited by AndySmith
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Trooper York said:

This is 1000% correct. John is like a couple of poor saps I know. They get involved with a woman they always wanted who is available because the husband died or dumped her for a young trophy wife. My wife has a girlfriend like that. She was hot stuff back in the day and when he husband dumped her she went through a string of guys that had lusted after her for decades. She uses them and then moves on to the next one. Some of them last for a few years. One even lasted for five years. The latest won sold his funeral parlor and bought her a house in Florida. She is a Dorinda type to the max.

John obviously loves Dorinda and wants to take the relationship to another level but Dorinda is just using him. She doesn't seem to even like him very much. She likes the things he brings. But him not so much.

I know there is a massive prejudice against fat sweaty ethnic outer borough blue collar guys like John so he gets zero sympathy from most people. I just hope he wises up soon and moves on to greener pastures. He can do  a hell of  lot better. He can even get a much younger woman and still have a kid or three. Move on buddy. You deserve better than this caterwauling drunken mess.

Did she say they had been together for four years? Looks like it works for both of them,he's losing weight, eating better. Good influence maybe..

34 minutes ago, AndySmith said:

I don't think she needs him to support her lifestyle. Since neither of us are with them when they go out to dinner and/or plan vacations, who knows who pays for what. Given that she has money too, he could be using her to pay for stuff just as much as she is allegedly using him.

Dorinda's outfits seem to fit her body well, so I doubt she is raiding his dry cleaning factory. Unless his factory only washes and cleans garments that are sized at "one size fits all", and that one size happens to be Dorinda's.

If she doesn't like him and needs to be with a guy...wouldn't she just pick a guy that she actually likes? She's a decent looking, financially independent woman with a healthy social life living in Manhattan, I'm sure she can find someone if she wants to.

Agree!

Dorinda was independently wealthy from her own business. She also got money in her divorce from the first husband and got a ton of money when Richard passed away. The Berkshire property alone - look how beautiful the grounds are. The cost of landscaping maintenance is astronomical. This is not something you can fake by doing some work right before they film this show...it has to be painstakingly taken care of over a period of time as in all year. Dorinda has an apartment in the city...not the one on the show. I highly doubt that even a innocent schmo would pay the rent/HOA on an apartment but not be able to sleep there whenever he wants.

As for the dry cleaning business - I don't know how many outfits Dorinda could have borrowed from pieces being cleaned for a museum or the Met Gala. Sara Jessica Parker would jump her if she ever wore or tried to squeeze into one of her size 0 dresses.

I do however believe she uses John and John uses her. I don't think she wants ANY man as she is still in love with Richard. She wants a companion/not sexual to go to events/movies/dinner with. She uses him as a buffer so that crazy Ramona doesn't drag her out to manhunt, or so that when she does she's not interested cause she is already dating someone.

John, I don't see as a poor innocent Schmo. He took advantage. He is pushing for more. He knows she is still in love with Richard.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, KungFuBunny said:

Dorinda has an apartment in the city...not the one on the show.

I didn't know this. Do you mean she's using a "set" apartment, much like Lu did before her marriage ended?

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, steelcitysister said:

I didn't know this. Do you mean she's using a "set" apartment, much like Lu did before her marriage ended?

Yes.

Nowadays with Reality shows..often times Production can not get the okay from the building owners to film. Many times it's because the other residents won't agree. Many times it's because Production will not pay enough. For some cast members it is a matter of "security" you don't want fans/haters ringing your real doorbell...or bugging the doorman.

• Love 3
36 minutes ago, Martinigirl said:

WOW! Did not know that was a set apartment. 

Wait. What? Someone earlier said John lost weight???????????? Where??????????????

When Dorinda met him in the restaurant she mentioned it. Lets face it, we haven't seen him standing, so,  to be determined.I hope he has, he needed to..

1 hour ago, KungFuBunny said:

Agree!

Dorinda was independently wealthy from her own business. She also got money in her divorce from the first husband and got a ton of money when Richard passed away. The Berkshire property alone - look how beautiful the grounds are. The cost of landscaping maintenance is astronomical. This is not something you can fake by doing some work right before they film this show...it has to be painstakingly taken care of over a period of time as in all year. Dorinda has an apartment in the city...not the one on the show. I highly doubt that even a innocent schmo would pay the rent/HOA on an apartment but not be able to sleep there whenever he wants.

As for the dry cleaning business - I don't know how many outfits Dorinda could have borrowed from pieces being cleaned for a museum or the Met Gala. Sara Jessica Parker would jump her if she ever wore or tried to squeeze into one of her size 0 dresses.

I do however believe she uses John and John uses her. I don't think she wants ANY man as she is still in love with Richard. She wants a companion/not sexual to go to events/movies/dinner with. She uses him as a buffer so that crazy Ramona doesn't drag her out to manhunt, or so that when she does she's not interested cause she is already dating someone.

John, I don't see as a poor innocent Schmo. He took advantage. He is pushing for more. He knows she is still in love with Richard.

I agree with this. I think she's using him for more emotional reasons. I think she wants a companion and ideally one that she knows deep down that she will never truly fall in love with. It's easier and safer. 

• Love 4

When he was sittting the buttons on his shirt were ready to bust! New shirt? Who buys a new shirt a size or two too small? LOL! If it was an old shirt the fat f gained weight. just sayin'

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Martinigirl said:

When he was sittting the buttons on his shirt were ready to bust! New shirt? Who buys a new shirt a size or two too small? LOL! If it was an old shirt the fat f gained weight. just sayin'

Well he's not my problem, I love Dorinda, if he makes her happy whatever size, I'm good with that. Never saw any buttons popping though. I dont look that hard..

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Otherkate said:

I agree with this. I think she's using him for more emotional reasons. I think she wants a companion and ideally one that she knows deep down that she will never truly fall in love with. It's easier and safer. 

Yes.

I think it was on Dorinda's first season she talks to John remembering how she cried to him about Richard and how he used to just hold her and he was there for her when she needed a friend.

She's still in that exact same spot.

So John knew going in, when he tried to change the dynamics of their relationship. I imagine Dorinda still has crying bouts about Richard and John witnesses this happenning

• Love 2
Just now, KungFuBunny said:

Yes.

I think it was on Dorinda's first season she talks to John remembering how she cried to him about Richard and how he used to just hold her and he was there for her when she needed a friend.

She's still in that exact same spot.

So John knew going in, when he tried to change the dynamics of their relationship. I imagine Dorinda still has crying bouts about Richard and John witnesses this happenning

Even her, although a bit odd, daughter calls her out on John.

4 minutes ago, Fanny Mare said:

Well he's not my problem, I love Dorinda, if he makes her happy whatever size, I'm good with that. Never saw any buttons popping though. I dont look that hard..

You may want to re-watch. They were about to bust open at the belly. 

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Martinigirl said:

Even her, although a bit odd, daughter calls her out on John.

You may want to re-watch. They were about to bust open at the belly. 

yeah, no need. 

3 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I thought it was an odd statement as well. I had a hysterectomy at 36. There were several of us at work who had had one, we called ourselves the Hyster Sisters. We also thought that if men had periods, hysterectomies would be elective surgery. 

I would love it if they brought Jill back. I never minded her, and love Bobby. And since she looks nothing like the Jill of a few years ago, I think it would be amusing to have the old personality along with the new face. 

God didn't want people fighting over who was a better parent.

Being able to squeeze out another human being is a Super Power.

• Love 4