Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E04: The Etiquette of Friendship

• Start Topic

I love the partial neck roll going on during the crazy eyes walk, in rhythm with her steps. So she has got some rhythm. Just not when she's dancing in a brown dress against a timber background while holding onto her skirt on a yacht. Why, for the love of god, why? Maybe she needed a noodle. 

I've become partial to Ramona also. I'm torn between wishing she were the OG, because then Vicki wouldn't be, and glad she's not because insufferable. I also feel sorry for her. Ramona is lonely and she wants to be married, she's really not comfortable not being married. It brings out the protective instinct. Also, we all have those bad taste outdated tchotchkes around the house (maybe from the 80s) that somehow end up becoming talismans we'd never part with just because they've endured and outlasted: Ramona. 

• Love 6

And watching Luann with the hula hoop: WHAT a difference between the beginning of last season, where we had desperate, rooming with Sonja, paid by appearance Lu, compared to the triumphant "can you believe it?!!!" about to be married Lu. Last season, she arrived at that party with the stupid hula hoop as a lame gift for Queen B, then there was the breakdown at Ramona's birthday party where she begged B to go easy on her, times had been hard...I'm more happy that B's star is on the wane as Lu's star rises again, I think. Lu managed to make the season SL all about her and B ended up looking like the grinch that stole Christmas. From what I saw this episode, B better watch herself. These girls: Lu, Dorinda, Ramona (always with an eye on the main chance and the right clique) and even Sonja, seem to be more than able to carry this franchise without big bucks Bethenny in every scene.

Bethenny squirming around in her car outside Ramona's place while the drama went down was delicious. More so was her minion Carole telling her she'd be 10 minutes: Bethenny could NOT even say the words "I'll wait". It was priceless. You could see the wheels turning in her head when she realised she was being put on hold while the drama went on without her and she simply doesn't have the tools to acknowledge that she isnt the centre of the universe.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, queenjen said:

And watching Luann with the hula hoop: WHAT a difference between the beginning of last season, where we had desperate, rooming with Sonja, paid by appearance Lu, compared to the triumphant "can you believe it?!!!" about to be married Lu. Last season, she arrived at that party with the stupid hula hoop as a lame gift for Queen B, then there was the breakdown at Ramona's birthday party where she begged B to go easy on her, times had been hard...I'm more happy that B's star is on the wane as Lu's star rises again, I think. Lu managed to make the season SL all about her and B ended up looking like the grinch that stole Christmas. From what I saw this episode, B better watch herself. These girls: Lu, Dorinda, Ramona (always with an eye on the main chance and the right clique) and even Sonja, seem to be more than able to carry this franchise without big bucks Bethenny in every scene.

Bethenny squirming around in her car outside Ramona's place while the drama went down was delicious. More so was her minion Carole telling her she'd be 10 minutes: Bethenny could NOT even say the words "I'll wait". It was priceless. You could see the wheels turning in her head when she realised she was being put on hold while the drama went on without her and she simply doesn't have the tools to acknowledge that she isnt the centre of the universe.

I think Beth will get what she wants. If she wants to be the center of the universe on this show she is well aware that she needs to film with the others. It's not like she was excluded from the party. She made the decision not to go.  She isn't pulling a Ramona and bitching about being left out of an event she has zero interest in. Ramona has said she doesn't want to get into political discussions. I know Ramona is dumber than hair, but surely even she has enough insight to know that the topic of politics is likely to come up at an election night party.  The girl is thirsty and cannot live with not being included in a big filmed event. Beth is not Ramona.  

When Beth came back, many of us theorized that it was a short term move intended to set the stage for her to have her own show on the network in the future.  Now that she has landed a new show for next season, and with her 3 year contract for the HW show ending, it will be interesting to see if she decides to do both. My guess is "no", simply since she is already so busy, but the gal works like a dog, so who knows? I think the network will let her do what she wants.  If the plan is for her to not return, they might pull back on her this year so as to minimize the loss of her presence next season. 

• Love 5

When they go low, (We) got high.

- J Dore.

---------

I wish EVERY fucking idiot on 'reality TV' would stop with the OG/gangster references.

NONE of these fucking twits would know a 'gangster'/how a 'gangster' acts - It tickles the shit out of me when I hear the word come out of any of these assholes.

They'd last about two minutes with a real group of gang-banging chicks and they'd be asking for their mommas to come pick them up after five.

• Love 2
On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 10:28 AM, zoeysmom said:

Carole wants validation because she was once a practicing journalist and as such she utilizes the sources she considers superlative to non-journalists*.   Carole has repeated written and stated all she wants is acknowledgement that she is better informed than the others.   It is a dangerous road. Will we have to weigh who is better informed about fashion, home design (all valid career pursuits) relationships, nutrition sex or etiquette?  Heather was very knowledgeable in a variety of areas and she finally got annoyed when Bethenny kept dispensing unsolicited advice.  I don't know that one person's advice or take on matter is any more astute than another's.  As far as the others Bethenny, Luann, and Dorinda have all been in the company of Hillary (during the election cycle), which would at least indicate to me they have more than just a passing interest in politics.   

Ramona's side is pretty simple, it is a filmed event and she has been excluded.  Ramona just wanting to drop by for a photo op is pretty demonstrative that she was using Carole's party as a footnote to her perceived fabulousness.  I really didn't think Carole should have gone to Luann's engagement party because essentially she was just there to observe and snark on the couple.  So maybe Carole is fearful that Ramona (with her big mouth) might become witness to something about Carole's group that isn't flattering and doesn't want to risk a possible embarrassing moment.  Carole has now fallen into the pit of "who is not invited or disinvited" being the story instead of the event.  My other theory-Carole disinviting Ramona was payback for Ramona's treatment of Bethenny at dinner. 

*During the election cycle I watched several hours a day of election coverage, and read numerous articles throughout the day.  One thing is true there are only so many hours in a day a candidate or one of their surrogates to make public statements, reading or watching involves a lot of duplicative information.   So I am not sure if quantifying makes one more informed.  I really wish someone would have asked Carole who and what she was watching and reading so I could get a feel for what she deems being superlatively informed. 

Thank you.

I have noticed that when people claim to be 'informed' they are so slanted to one side, they walk with a limp.

Just because you are 'informed' doesn't mean you are smart - and I don't mean that in a political sense - most of the time you are only going to read whatever you want to read.

---

Scare-hole reminds me of all the fucking sports fans I have ever known.

The rabid, loudmouthed assholes who - right before a championship game/series - go on and on about how THEIR team is going to kick ass, dominate, rule, own and kill the opponent.

It wasn't about the politics, but how the winners and losers act after the fact.

• Love 5
On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 4:52 PM, Trooper York said:

Bethenny said "You're supposed to be a writer and you can't even come with names for you cats." If that is not mocking her ability to write I don't know what it could be. Is she intimating that she is a great writer with that comment?

Bethenny is obviously tired of Carole and is mocking her left and right in her  talking heads. Which is par for the course because Bethenny can not maintain a relationship with anyone for any length of time.

Carole just took a page from the "George Foreman School of Naming His Male Kids" curriculum.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, diadochokinesis said:

Some do.  My husband's uncle (I refuse to claim him) has one of those toilets that has the bidet built in with a heated seat and a blower to dry off your bits.  Most bidets though don't. It is just a faucet. The towel in the Middle East is popular because they prefer to use a shattaf. 

I think I would fall and break a hip if I tried that. Is it bad that I'm in awe of Lu's hula hooping skills?

At Casa du Crumbling you have no choice. Sonya Morgan won't even dole out the Mardi Gras 250 count 99 cent napkins. So my advice would be never to use her bathroom. You can come and use my bathroom if you're in NY. I don't have a bidet but I do buy Charmin in bulk.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

Oh my gosh KunFuBunny  you  have me laughing so hard my eyes were squeezed shut , tears falling so I couldn't read your next line. I have not laughed that hard in a long time!!  I'm going to have to figure out how to save your post so I can haul it up when I need big belly laugh. My dog was looking at me like I had finally lost it. 

What did I do?

If you happen to be at Sonja's Shit Shack hurry and use the bidet to rinse your face. You don't want puffy eyes do you? Also the MC Hammer drying technique does not work. Rinsing your face, make sure to give your eyes and nose area some special attention. When you are finished you need to rock to Black Sabbath's Heaven and Hell. You can air guitar simultaneously - for entertainment purposes and to kill the time of 6 minutes. Not only will your face be dried but your hair will have that just had sex look.

giphy.gif

• Love 2
20 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

I think Dorinda and Dorit both have not been using for that long a period of time.

As opposed to John and Pique'd - long term users who are like functional alcholics - you'd never know - they can eat and sleep no problem.

I think Dorinda HAS been a long term user. As in, she probably started in her early 20s. But now, she only likes a bump every now and then - particularly when she needs to feel extra brave.  As in taking down another cast member.  Or if she's going to a party and wants to be more 'sparkly'.  But with Dorinda, she just turns beastly.

She and the other ladies spent their 20s partying in NYC. In the 80s. Heh. They're now in their 50s and still like to party.  I wouldn't be surprised if one or more of them still did a line every now and then.  They remember that buzz. 

Spot on about John and PK, KungFu.  Did you by any chance spend any time in NYC in the 80s?

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ElDosEquis said:

When they go low, (We) got high.

- J Dore.

---------

I wish EVERY fucking idiot on 'reality TV' would stop with the OG/gangster references.

NONE of these fucking twits would know a 'gangster'/how a 'gangster' acts - It tickles the shit out of me when I hear the word come out of any of these assholes.

First time I heard that phrase it was coming out of Hillary Clinton...

6 hours ago, queenjen said:

And watching Luann with the hula hoop: WHAT a difference between the beginning of last season, where we had desperate, rooming with Sonja, paid by appearance Lu, compared to the triumphant "can you believe it?!!!" about to be married Lu.

So true.  I was also reminded of this when looking at that clip, above, when Rey was talking to Lu.  This is a guy who she went on vacation to Europe with, the summer before.  Compared to creepy Rey, Tom is a catch. 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, ryebread said:

I think Dorinda HAS been a long term user. As in, she probably started in her early 20s. But now, she only likes a bump every now and then - particularly when she needs to feel extra brave.  As in taking down another cast member.  Or if she's going to a party and wants to be more 'sparkly'.  But with Dorinda, she just turns beastly.

She and the other ladies spent their 20s partying in NYC. In the 80s. Heh. They're now in their 50s and still like to party.  I wouldn't be surprised if one or more of them still did a line every now and then.  They remember that buzz. 

Spot on about John and PK, KungFu.  Did you by any chance spend any time in NYC in the 80s?

the joke goes, "if you remember the 80's, you weren't partying during the 80's".

I think it's more a problem of having a fucked up personality - than a fucked up person?

• Love 3

Okay, guys, I'm having a brain fart.  I've seen the 'OG' reference many times, but can't, for the life of me remember what it stands for!  Help a sister out please!  In fairness to myself,  I've been fighting some kind of illness for 2 days, so my brain's a little fuzzy at the moment.  Thanks.

3 minutes ago, ElDosEquis said:

I think it's more a problem of having a fucked up personality - than a fucked up person?

She can have/be both.   I think she is. 

Her tirade against Sonja could have been non-coke fueled.  But she just seems so the type to decide she's going to take someone down, write out the script and then do a line right before she goes in for the kill. 

• Love 5
Just now, ChitChat said:

Okay, guys, I'm having a brain fart.  I've seen the 'OG' reference many times, but can't, for the life of me remember what it stands for!  Help a sister out please!  In fairness to myself,  I've been fighting some kind of illness for 2 days, so my brain's a little fuzzy at the moment.  Thanks.

Original Gangster or Old Guard.  Vicky is the OG of OC because she's been there since the very beginning.

Just now, ElDosEquis said:

She said, "when they go low, we go high".

There is a lack of oxygen as you gain altitude. ; )

LOL.  Okay, that's what I thought you'd written but now I see you wrote:  We GOT high. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, ChitChat said:

Original Gangster.

I grew up knowing real gangbangers and none of those Haus Ho idiots would even rate a mention as 'gangster' anything.

No 'gangster' would ever be caught dead acting like those fools.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, ryebread said:

She can have/be both.   I think she is. 

Her tirade against Sonja could have been non-coke fueled.  But she just seems so the type to decide she's going to take someone down, write out the script and then do a line right before she goes in for the kill. 

I see what you did there.

When you need to get wasted to gather up some chutzpah, you probably are abusing something.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ryebread said:

I can see Dorinda having partied in her 20's but I think it was recreational and to do something everyone else in the in crowd was doing. I think she stopped and outgrew it or grew up so to speak. I don't think this is something she did when she met and married Richard.

When Richard passed I think Dorinda went into a deep depression. She didn't want to get out of bed, she didn't want to step out of her apartment, or leave the Berkshires. John friending her it probably just started with lots of alcohol. When coke was re-introduced to her by John - the feeling it gave her or the numbness it provided gave her the ability to come out into the world again. I think now she is totally addicted. She tries to keep that balance of doing a hit and drinking alcohol so that she's not too hyped or too drunk. She no longer has the ability to keep that balance, she just becomes a hot drunk mess and can't shut up slurry. It's a mental crutch for her that she needs the coke to be more social. It's also a band-aid to the underlying grief she still has for her husband's passing. She never learned to move past her grief and while she is still getting high she never will.

Whenever Sonja refers to having partied with such and such I don't think she is talking about alcohol and a joint - I think she is referring to coke.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

What did I do?

If you happen to be at Sonja's Shit Shack hurry and use the bidet to rinse your face. You don't want puffy eyes do you? Also the MC Hammer drying technique does not work. Rinsing your face, make sure to give your eyes and nose area some special attention. When you are finished you need to rock to Black Sabbath's Heaven and Hell. You can air guitar simultaneously - for entertainment purposes and to kill the time of 6 minutes. Not only will your face be dried but your hair will have that just had sex look.

giphy.gif

Should have narrowed down which of your funny funny posts made me laugh so hard. The hula hoop /bidet /mc Hammer post. It made me laugh again this morning.  I have to put mascara on this morning so not going to watch again. My hair has the just escaped from the laughing academy going on.  Humor is number one requirement in my life ( NOW MORE THAN EVER)  and you crack my shit  up. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, KungFuBunny said:

I can see Dorinda having partied in her 20's but I think it was recreational and to do something everyone else in the in crowd was doing. I think she stopped and outgrew it or grew up so to speak. I don't think this is something she did when she met and married Richard.

When Richard passed I think Dorinda went into a deep depression. She didn't want to get out of bed, she didn't want to step out of her apartment, or leave the Berkshires. John friending her it probably just started with lots of alcohol. When coke was re-introduced to her by John - the feeling it gave her or the numbness it provided gave her the ability to come out into the world again. I think now she is totally addicted. She tries to keep that balance of doing a hit and drinking alcohol so that she's not too hyped or too drunk. She no longer has the ability to keep that balance, she just becomes a hot drunk mess and can't shut up slurry. It's a mental crutch for her that she needs the coke to be more social. It's also a band-aid to the underlying grief she still has for her husband's passing. She never learned to move past her grief and while she is still getting high she never will.

Whenever Sonja refers to having partied with such and such I don't think she is talking about alcohol and a joint - I think she is referring to coke.

This ^^^

To be exact, Bethenny insinuated Dorinda may do drugs. Sonja blurted it out. LuAnn said drop it and none of ladies came to her Dorinda's defense. 

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

Should have narrowed down which of your funny funny posts made me laugh so hard. The hula hoop /bidet /mc Hammer post. It made me laugh again this morning.  I have to put mascara on this morning so not going to watch again. My hair has the just escaped from the laughing academy going on.  Humor is number one requirement in my life ( NOW MORE THAN EVER)  and you crack my shit  up. 

I don't know how to save it..but I was able to send it to you in a PM. Glad it made you laugh and will endeavor to crack your shit up (the funny kind not the actual deuces in the toilet kind) in the future

I really don't know much about bidets. But I was picturing Sonya's crumbling townhouse that has no functioning appliances. I even question whether or not she is up to date on her water and electricity bill.

I wonder if her creepy basement has been cleared of expired bottles of Wesson Oil.

• Love 3

Trump winning is worth it if just for the suffering of silly, middle-aged snowflakes like Carole. Her dis-invitation to Ramona was so funny. These kinds of people can´t handle other people having a different opinion from them, and if they could regulate others´ thoughts they would. This reminded me of her going off on Luann for saying "indians".

• Love 7
42 minutes ago, halkatla said:

Trump winning is worth it if just for the suffering of silly, middle-aged snowflakes like Carole. Her dis-invitation to Ramona was so funny. These kinds of people can´t handle other people having a different opinion from them, and if they could regulate others´ thoughts they would. This reminded me of her going off on Luann for saying "indians".

That's why I'm watching..( the bolded ) and how long will the pouting last!

• Love 3

Thanks guys for the potty humor!  I have felt like crap (pun intended) the past 2 days, so sitting here getting all of your witty insight into the do's and don'ts of bidet use has brightened my weekend.  I knew I could count on you all to make me feel better!  

I found it funny how proud LuAnn was of her new state-of-the-art toilet.  Ooh's and ah's all around!   I guess that would excite me too.  I once went to a home and garden show in which the newer, fancier toilets were being showcased.  They had one of them filled with rocks and a brick or two just to show the durability.  Upon seeing this, I loudly exclaimed to my friend who was with me, "look, you really can shit a brick!"  I don't think the sales person was amused.   

• Love 4
On 27 April 2017 at 3:02 AM, BloggerAloud said:

I don't really fuck with Bethenny but her talking head about Carole being able to write a novel but can't come up with names for her three cats was one of the funniest things I've heard on this show.

Everything dealing with Sonja seems to be butting up against the fourth wall because I genuinely think all of her anger stems from being people filming scenes without her. Also that's why I think, in spite of all the things that happened between herself and Lu, that she'd still get invited to the wedding because I think she was working under the assumption that Lu was going to have it filmed by Bravo and therefore all the ladies would at least get an invite. But Lu changed the game by not doing that.

This is definitely fourth wall stuff and it's hard for viewers who don't know the context. 

It now been established that Sonja was mad because the Berks cost her pay checks last season. But you cannot talk about your contract directly to the press. Bravo and NBC have very specific rules about it. She's back full time so if she has storylines the only thing she will want for is attention.

The fight was endited down to the ground. It was way worse. Dorinda said more but Sonja said plenty back. A lot of people talked about it afterwards despite signing releases! Dorinda will attack directly, Sonja is quite clever and sly about it. She won that round. 

AFAIK Lu was never inviting Sonja to the wedding. It was always only Dorinda because of everything in the press that Sonja had to say on the subject of Tom. It was slated to be filmed but Bravo wouldn't have paid as much as People offered. Indirectly from LuAnn I know Sonja had that trip booked before production called off filming.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Martinigirl said:

This ^^^

To be exact, Bethenny insinuated Dorinda may do drugs. Sonja blurted it out. LuAnn said drop it and none of ladies came to her Dorinda's defense. 

After that reunion...

Dorinda allegedly offered to do a drug test she was so mad. "They" Bravo/Shed Media said she didn't have to.

They were also going to make Sonja give a formal apology to Dorinda. Dorinda turned it down.

I dunno who is on drugs, some act like they are and it's hard to tell. Sonja, Ramona, Lu are not known for doing illegal drugs. Dorinda is infamously now connected to coke. Tinsley, IDK. Alcohol is a big issue for her. Carole smokes pot, so does Bethenny. Catch B's face in that reunion at the end of the drugs chatter? She didn't want that brought up at all but Housewives are generally intimidated by her.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, TheMole said:

After that reunion...

Dorinda allegedly offered to do a drug test she was so mad. "They" Bravo/Shed Media said she didn't have to.

They were also going to make Sonja give a formal apology to Dorinda. Dorinda turned it down.

I dunno who is on drugs, some act like they are and it's hard to tell. Sonja, Ramona, Lu are not known for doing illegal drugs. Dorinda is infamously now connected to coke. Tinsley, IDK. Alcohol is a big issue for her. Carole smokes pot, so does Bethenny. Catch B's face in that reunion at the end of the drugs chatter? She didn't want that brought up at all but Housewives are generally intimidated by her.

I thought BF sitting all alone at the end of the last reunion, was very telling. I was hoping she was out this season. I don't think Dorinda does coke,but she does horribly on dirty Martini's. Dorinda looks great imho.

• Love 5
34 minutes ago, TheMole said:

After that reunion...

This isn't the first time the coke accusations have been made ....Kristen Taekman made comments about visual cocaine residue 

• Love 1

This was a very unpleasant episode. Dorinda's tirades. Bethenny's passive aggressive sneaky attacks on her ex. Sonja's clueless and disgusting hygiene. Tinsley's puppy dog obsequiness. But there is one horrible thing I just  can't get over.

I can't unsee it.

Carole on her couch.

.skeleton-on-couch.jpg

• Love 9
28 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Can't speak for Carole, but I will be pouting for a good long time. 

It was only a dig at Carole, she's on TV. I don't go personal

2 minutes ago, Trooper York said:

This was a very unpleasant episode. Dorinda's tirades. Bethenny's passive aggressive sneaky attacks on her ex. Sonja's clueless and disgusting hygiene. Tinsley's puppy dog obsequiness. But there is one horrible thing I just  can't get over.

I can't unsee it.

Carole on her couch.

.skeleton-on-couch.jpg

Ha ha!! Love it!!!!

• Love 2
46 minutes ago, Fanny Mare said:

I thought BF sitting all alone at the end of the last reunion, was very telling. I was hoping she was out this season. I don't think Dorinda does coke,but she does horribly on dirty Martini's. Dorinda looks great imho.

I think Bethenny considered about leaving (a few did after last season, undoubtedly with the exception of Ramona) but I don't have the tea as to what brought her back. Carole being there was a likely factor in it. She half assed filming at the beginning of S9 and didn't show up to all cast events and it wasn't just Ramona, she had her sights set on that new show for a while so she was a bit checked out... until Ramona started on her kid and then the stuff with Jason. They were on a mini cast trip when he got arrested. 

You know with the drinking... even production assistants are developing unhealthy relationships with alcohol! I won't name names but some of the higher ups will stick around and have a drink or three with a housewife/housewives after filming. I've no doubt some of that happened after filming next week's episode. 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, TheMole said:

I think Bethenny considered about leaving (a few did after last season, undoubtedly with the exception of Ramona) but I don't have the tea as to what brought her back. Carole being there was a likely factor in it. She half assed filming at the beginning of S9 and didn't show up to all cast events and it wasn't just Ramona, she had her sights set on that new show for a while so she was a bit checked out... until Ramona started on her kid and then the stuff with Jason. They were on a mini cast trip when he got arrested. 

You know with the drinking... even production assistants are developing unhealthy relationships with alcohol! I won't name names but some of the higher ups will stick around and have a drink or three with a housewife/housewives after filming. I've no doubt some of that happened after filming next week's episode. 

If Carole was a factor in BF coming back, why is she so snide to her, oh wait, this is BF.

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, Fanny Mare said:

It was only a dig at Carole, she's on TV. I don't go personal

Yea, I got that. 

4 minutes ago, Fanny Mare said:

If Carole was a factor in BF coming back, why is she so snide to her, oh wait, this is BF.

Because she is Beth. Ever seen her not be snide to anyone? No matter the relationship? She did it all during her friendship with Jill, and she probably hammers her BFF Andy harder than anyone. I've never seen anyone talk to him (and he laughs and laughs about it) the way that Beth does. That is just what she does. 

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Yea, I got that. 

Because she is Beth. Ever seen her not be snide to anyone? No matter the relationship? She did it all during her friendship with Jill, and she probably hammers her BFF Andy harder than anyone. I've never seen anyone talk to him (and he laughs and laughs about it) the way that Beth does. That is just what she does. 

Hmm, I don't see much laughter around BF except laughing at herself..its why her talk show was a bust. 

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, Fanny Mare said:

Hmm, I don't see much laughter around BF except laughing at herself..its why her talk show was a bust. 

People laugh around Beth all the time.  Might be out of fear of her, but they laugh around her all the time. She can be very funny.

IMO her talk show failed because she was horrible at interviewing people, a necessary skill set in a host. 

• Love 11
7 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

People laugh around Beth all the time.  Might be out of fear of her, but they laugh around her all the time. She can be very funny

I know right.

It is just like people who go to dinner with Kim Jong-il.

A laugh a minute.

• Love 7
34 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

People laugh around Beth all the time.  Might be out of fear of her, but they laugh around her all the time. She can be very funny.

IMO her talk show failed because she was horrible at interviewing people, a necessary skill set in a host. 

I think she failed because she told the experts what they needed to know. I dont find her funny at all. jmho

27 minutes ago, Trooper York said:

I know right.

It is just like people who go to dinner with Kim Jong-il.

A laugh a minute.

LOL!!

• Love 3
On 4/28/2017 at 5:04 AM, WaltersHair said:

I wonder how Tinsley feels about being the only woman in the group that still has a period. Ladies are getting a little long in the tooth.

That's ridiculous.  My 37 year old niece had a hysterectomy last week.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I love Bethenny's quick wit! 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Trooper York said:

I can't unsee it.

Carole on her couch.

.skeleton-on-couch.jpg

I find this so distasteful.  

• Love 7

Bethenny has my all time favorite TH.

It was the one where she was describing Jill Zarin's renovated apartment

It was Versace, Liberace, Cucarachi

• Love 5
Just now, KungFuBunny said:

Bethenny has my all time favorite TH.

It was the one where she was describing Jill Zarin's renovated apartment

It was Versace, Liberace, Cucarachi

She has the best one liners! She was also right about JZ's apt!

I love how she says what we are all thinking with humor. 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Martinigirl said:

She has the best one liners! She was also right about JZ's apt!

I love how she says what we are all thinking with humor. 

True dat!

Like her thoughts on Sonja's business acumen?

tumblr_nsvnv4crgq1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, ButterQueen said:

I find this so distasteful.  

Thanks. Thought maybe I was the only one.

28 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

True dat!

Like her thoughts on Sonja's business acumen?

tumblr_nsvnv4crgq1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

For me, this was one of the all time great scenes. Heather and Beth on the same page with crazy Sonja. There to support her, but very aware that this whole deal could be a shitstorm. God I wish Heather would have stayed around another season. I would have loved to continue to see the dynamics between these two strong, smart know-it-alls. 

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

For me, this was one of the all time great scenes. Heather and Beth on the same page with crazy Sonja. There to support her, but very aware that this whole deal could be a shitstorm. God I wish Heather would have stayed around another season. I would have loved to continue to see the dynamics between these two strong, smart know-it-alls. 

Oh I forgot about this moment!

This show really needs Heather back. We do see a little bit of her this week but that's it. She was never afraid to stand up to anyone or call them out on their BS. I loved her friendship with Carole. I think the dynamic would be better if she were back. Bethenny is very domineering that even the toughest of the cast are nervous around her.  Sonja basically gave her a free pass at the last reunion because she didn't want to fall out with her. Lu isn't scared of her but she's definitely sick of her. Carole is her friend, Tinsley is still too new, she has rattled Dorinda in the past - it's only Ramona (who lives in her own world) that will draw her into an argument willingly.

• Love 5
(edited)
On 4/26/2017 at 10:28 PM, QuinnM said:

The optics of Bethenny in the car and Carole on the phone giving play by play. Genius. 

100% - hilarious. This was actually one of my favorite Carole episodes in a long time.

On 4/27/2017 at 9:42 AM, Duke2801 said:

Damn it Dorinda!  And just when I was singing your praises last week. Now you had to go and pull a "Bethenny in the Berkshires"-lite on Sonja. Now I've gotta go back to giving you the side-eye. This is why we can't have nice things!

Speaking of Carole, I thought her hair looked really good last night.  I like it even better in the TH where she has it cut to shoulder length.  With thin, fine hair like she has-a shorter 'do is the way to go for sure.

Dorinda really lost me with this one, though I admit to laughing because it was so freaking insane. That said, to me, her slut shaming was as gross as Bethenny's was with Lu last year. Vile.

On 4/27/2017 at 11:56 AM, esco1822 said:

Did I miss something or did Ramona just make up that Carole dis-invited her solely because of Bethenny?

Pretty sure you didn't miss anything. Classic Ramona.

On 4/27/2017 at 6:18 PM, PhilMarlowe2 said:

Are you saying her personality is, like, induced?

What on earth do you mean by that? It could mean so many things. LOL.

On 4/27/2017 at 10:00 PM, motorcitymom65 said:

It's impossible to believe that Carole is not better informed than Ramona about politics, which is the person she is talking about. I've never met Ramona, let alone spent 5 years with her, and I can say that with 100% certainty. People are very rarely informed about things they are not interested in. It's not a slight, it's just a fact. Ramona said herself she wasn't even going to bother to vote. So she doesn't really care. None of that makes Carole or her opinions or conclusions correct. She just knows more about the issues, which is not the same thing as saying that she doesn't also have personal bias about those issues. 

I would trust that almost anyone is better informed about just about anything than Ramona. If I want tips on acting like a complete socially-inept maniac though, Ramona would be my go-to.

On 4/29/2017 at 1:17 PM, KnoxForPres said:

I like Dorinda too but I don't see the rail snorting. I've never done it.....but from what I've seen on movies there is a lot of post snorting, touching of the nose action going on. Also, again going solely from the movies, it doesn't typically make a person an asshole. Up, energetic, a bit high ego and Really talkative but a complete dipshit who slutshames?  I've never seen coke do that (in the movies).

In the last 90s I spent a lot of time around people who were doing coke (myself included) and it absolutely can turn you into a total asshole. I'd say 8 times out of 10, in fact, it does so. You can't stop talking and you don't pick up on queues very easily. I didn't necessarily feel like Dorinda seemed coked up, but I guess it's possible. 

Speaking of Dorinda, I'm no John fan, but he really should cut her loose. She clearly doesn't have the feelings for him that he has for her and it seems unfair to him. John is super successful and I'm sure he could find himself someone fairly easily.

It's fucking gross, but that seems to be par for the course lately.

Oh - I almost forgot - Sonja looks AMAZING this season. Her hair is fantastic and her bod is to die for. I'm seriously after those leather pants she had on. Damn. Carole's hair also looked great - Beth should go see one of their hair stylists. 

1 hour ago, Martinigirl said:

I love Bethenny's quick wit! 

Me too. Bethenny makes me laugh every single episode at least once and not AT her the way a Romana makes me laugh, but because of what she says. 

Edited by Otherkate
  • Love 3