Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E04: The Etiquette of Friendship

• Start Topic

Question. Does a bidet have HOT water?  Because that's what I've been told underware needs to be washed in. 

So much DNA if we are believing anything she says. Also isn't that bidet in the bathroom on top floor? She's probably not using detergent either. Gross.   On her hands and knees dunking in a toilet that you crap in and the non functioning toilet downstairs she's hit a low  

• Love 1

If I ever see Dorinda, I'll cross the street as quickly as I can hobble.  She can't tell me she doesn't hold a grudge.  She's one skeery gangsta!

38 minutes ago, Trooper York said:

What battered, tattered, abused item is most in need of rejuvenation? Carole's couch or Sonja's vagina?

Anyone having a meal or a drink with Dorinda.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, msblossom said:

Agreed. Candace Bushnell is 100 times more interesting than B. It's an easy fix.

When Bethenny has her daughter, she won't film until after Bryn's gone to bed. That's likely the reason she showed up late.

• Love 1

I was under the impression Tinsley was a roommate- as in paying rent for her stay. And you have to love that after being shown the accommodations, Luann scoped the joint out and claimed the top floor.

I think Beth is on the show because she needs the attention. The woman cannot function without attention, a sense of victimhood and some sidekick to tell her how horrible and wrong everyone else is. Sadly- Carole is the new Alex and Ramona the new Jill. But Ro was right- everything about B plays out in the exact same fashion, cycle after cycle.

I'm still not sure what to make of Sonja or Dorinda. But I will say this episode has had the best conversation and least pissing matched of any in a good long while.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Ki-in said:

And this is why I loathe Carole. So condescending. Up until a few years ago I was a SAHM (something Carole looks down upon with complete and utter disdain) and even I know about the FOIA.

Best part of the night was when Carole said it was all girls living there and Bethenny said but Adam is a boy and Carole shrugged. I think it's just an arrangement, to get him exposure and to make her seem desirable, at this point.

ETA: I thought it was interesting that Candace Bushnell was listed as Luann's friend and not Carole's who seems to idolize (and parrot) Carrie.

I liked Sex and the City, too, but they didn't list Candace Bushnell as my friend, either. Just because two writers live in the same city doesn't mean they're going to be friends. And has Carole discussed SATC/Carrie?  I don't remember her saying she was a big fan of the show or Carrie.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, njbchlover said:

Sonja was washing her undies in the bidet to justify her "funny, quirky girl in the city" persona, and for the exact reason that it will be discussed, here, on other message boards, in any blogs, etc.  It will give her some relevance.  It will, of course, be brought up at the reunion, as well - it will draw attention to her, and that is exactly what she wants.

I think Sonja believes the whole washing things in the bidet is some old money eccentric thing to do.  Maybe it is, I surely do not know! 

15 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Adam's out? Since when? DEETS, PEOPLE!!!!

I believe this is a reference to Carole mentioning that their "shacking up" was only a temporary situation.  I don't think it's known if they are still living together or not, but I believe they are still a couple regardless. 

7 hours ago, robroy said:

Actually- Grey Gardens is from Jackie O's original family- Bouvier (sp). So Carole has much more of a connection to them than she does the Kennedys.

Weren't they actually Anthony's aunt and cousin?  

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Sun-Bun said:

So Andy revealed tonight on WWHL that Carole finally got rid of her famous couch. Wonder who ended up with its legacy, despite it now sadly being all tattered and shredded into rags? She used to claim that she got some insane offers to buy that couch over the years---wonder if she now regrets not taking those offers before it finally started ripping apart. 

I never thought much about the couch one way or the other, but I was noticing some nasty looking water damage on the wall under the stairs, behind Bethenny, when Bethenny and Carole were talking.

I never thought much about the couch one way or the other, but I was noticing some nasty looking water damage on the wall under the stairs, behind Bethenny, when Bethenny and Carole were talking.

I believe back at the beginning, right before Carole renovated, that Carole stated she felt it should be recovered in the original fabric.  That fabric was something French out of silk and the job would be $50K.  I could be imagining that.  Dorinda named the brand of the fabric on WWHL but I missed it.

I remember after the renovation being shocked that the staircase remained a death trap.

• Love 2

I don't hate Bethenny, but she may have played herself tonight by punking out on going to this dinner.  The show obviously doesn't need her and if she is refusing to film, they shouldn't be afraid to cut her.

I wasn't missing her at all and would have been fine with a B-free episode. 

Did anyone else catch this exchange at Ramona's party? It seemed as if LuAnn had assumed she was invited to Carole's election party:

Luann: I kinda just found out about [your party], but had plans in any case.

Carole: Perfect!!

Lol! Carole was a little too enthusiastic about LuAnn's unavailability.

I wondered where Ramona was when all that crap was going down at her party, and she was sitting in the middle, enjoying it. I don't understand what happened with Ramonja - they used to be thick as thieves and fun to watch, but now Ramona seems content to see Sonja get raked over the coals, and for a couple of seasons now.

I hate that when these women go after each other, they go straight to the slut-shaming. I know why Dorinda said what she did, but it was still nasty.

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, robroy said:

I was under the impression Tinsley was a roommate- as in paying rent for her stay. And you have to love that after being shown the accommodations, Luann scoped the joint out and claimed the top floor.

If she's paying rent, yes, Sonja shouldn't be all uncool. :)

Of course, I think this is just Bravo's way of introducing wayward socialiate.  And I'm sure they encourage bringing home of fuckmates for dissension.

• Love 3

I have to say that Carole is getting to really look sad and pathetic. Even her boss is mocking her ability to write and incipient cat lady status.

Of course I understand that she can have the sads. Her little boy is growing up and is going to move out. It's tough when they leave the nest.

I know. She should get another cat.

• Love 7
30 minutes ago, Mojoker said:

I liked Sex and the City, too, but they didn't list Candace Bushnell as my friend, either. Just because two writers live in the same city doesn't mean they're going to be friends. And has Carole discussed SATC/Carrie?  I don't remember her saying she was a big fan of the show or Carrie.

She did in an interview a few years ago when folks were proclaiming that the show seemed like it was trying to be another SATC, and she was trying to be Carrie. She said she loved SATC and that she was friends with the original Carrie Bradshaw, Bushnell. Candace also wrote one of the reviews on the back cover of that one book she wrote in S3.  It was interesting that she was listed as a friend of Lu's, not that I doubt they are friends, as I have heard she is a big fan of the show, and of course she is close to Andy. Their Twitter feeds are interesting, just in looking at who they follow. Bushnell only follows Beth and Carole, none of the others from the show. 

Read more at: http://allthingsrh.com/exclusive-interview-with-carole-radziwill/

• Love 6

i guess the couch was too far gone to have it re-upholstered? Or maybe she's ready to move on from that part of her life. The swatches of fabric were in this weeks episode too, just no longer on the back of the couch. They were behind Bethenny's head as she sat across from Carole. I assumed the swatches were to re-upholster the couch, but they were probably for a new couch she was ordering and trying to decide what fabric to get it in.

• Love 1
On 4/27/2017 at 2:28 PM, zulualpha said:

I don't have a problem with Dorinda's take down either, although I don't believe Dorinda was sober or even mostly sober.  Sonja is the kind of person who needs to be bonked on the head to get their attention.  Subtlety is not going to work with Sonja as she would just brush off any kind of veiled criticism.  Dorinda read her right and let her have it with both barrels.  Of course, not being sober she veered into slut shaming among other nonsense but overall it was the right idea.

Luann seems mellow and happy and I'm happy for her.  I also respect her for not inviting the hws to the wedding where they would no doubt have made a scene or otherwise been unpleasant. 

So Bethany obviously doesn't want to be on the show.  Fine, leave!  Don't do me any favors Bethanny!  I think the only reason she does the show is some sort of contractual marketing obligation to keep Skinny Girl front and center and if she can get that with a spin off with Frederic she should go for it.  Somehow I doubt it though.  She has had multiple shows and has proven that she can't carry one by herself and I think the same is probably true of Frederic.

I'm firmly convinced Dorinda uses drugs.  Her boyfriend too.  Her behavior is too extreme.  When she's on, she is way over the top....she's in hopped-up land, IMO.

It also explains her boyfriend isn't some dapper zillionaire.  She was recently on WWHL and said she and her boyfriend are comfortable together.  My sense is that he provides a bit of an escape from the real world.  She doesn't need to be all-that - or even strong - when she's with him.  Top it off with some substances and I'm sure it is a very comfortable relationship.  I have nothing against it myself, but man, I'd love for to just say it out loud...."I/we do drugs, and like them."

I have always liked Sonja but she needs to realize quickly that she's played the ditz card long enough.  It's wearing thin on the others - and likely for many viewers (well, me anyway!).  She needs a new shtick - which really means a life of her own (and story line).  And she needs to buck up and hold the line with these women.  She just needs to muster the strength and self-confidence.

Dorinda's comments about it being sad when women live in the past were clearly directed at Sonja.  Andy had similar comments when Sonja was on his show recently.  She needs a storyline STAT, or she's out.   Near as I can tell, anyway.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 8
51 minutes ago, robroy said:

I think Beth is on the show because she needs the attention. The woman cannot function without attention, a sense of victimhood and some sidekick to tell her how horrible and wrong everyone else is. Sadly- Carole is the new Alex and Ramona the new Jill. But Ro was right- everything about B plays out in the exact same fashion, cycle after cycle.

I'm still not sure what to make of Sonja or Dorinda. But I will say this episode has had the best conversation and least pissing matched of any in a good long while.

How is Carole the new Alex?

• Love 2
13 hours ago, lcarolynl said:

I remember when I thought Dorinda was too good fro John. No more, Dorinda has shown herself to be a gutter rat.

I've always thought Dorinda was gutter rat-ish.  I never saw the pretty.  Handsome on a good day, maybe, but pretty? 

7 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

Question. Does a bidet have HOT water?  Because that's what I've been told underware needs to be washed in. 

On her hands and knees dunking in a toilet that you crap in and the non functioning toilet downstairs she's hit a low  

I wash my delicates in cool water, but most bidets have hot water.  And FWIW, you don't crap in a bidet.  It's just to rinse after you've used toilet paper over the toilet.

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 6
21 minutes ago, Trooper York said:

I have to say that Carole is getting to really look sad and pathetic. Even her boss is mocking her ability to write and incipient cat lady status.

Of course I understand that she can have the sads. Her little boy is growing up and is going to move out. It's tough when they leave the nest.

I know. She should get another cat.

If you're talking about Bethenny, she never mocked Carole's ability to write, she mocked her inability to come up with individual names for her cats.

• Love 6

I also think Dorinda and John use drugs and that is a big part of their relationship. Just my opinion. They seem to really enjoy their alcohol also.  John appears to be the polar opposite of Dorinda's late husband, from what Dorinda has said. I don't get the idea she is looking for another husband. Just a party pal.

• Love 13
1 minute ago, Jextella said:

It also explains her boyfriend who is several notches below in just about every possible way, e.g. wealth, health, looks, social status, etc.   She was recently on WWHL and said she and her boyfriend are comfortable together.  My sense is that he provides a bit of an escape from the real world.  She doesn't need to be all-that - or even strong - when she's with him.  Top it off with some substances and I'm sure it is a very comfortable relationship.  I have nothing against it myself, but man, I'd love for to just say it out loud...."I do drugs, and I like them."

John is several notches below her?  How is that true? John is a successful businessman. He seems to genuinely love Dorinda and always gets in trouble because he fiercely defends her against the other women on the show. Of course he is an ethnic blue collar outer borough guy. Rough around the edges. Something that snotty bitches like Carol and Ramona and Bethenny can look down on even though their upstate roots are no better than John.

I hope John keeps his appearances muted this season. He in fact can do a lot better than the drunken slatternly mess that is Dorinda. She is a Medley alright. A medley from a drunken Karaoke night at the Blarney Stone. You can do a lot better dude. With someone who wants to live with you. Trade up.

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, ryebread said:

I've always thought Dorinda was a gutter rat-ish.  I never saw the pretty.  Handsome on a good day, maybe, but pretty? 

I wash my delicates in cool water, but most bidets have hot water.  And FWIW, you don't crap in a bidet.  It's just a rinse after you've used toilet paper over the toilet.

No, but if you are Sonja you wash your face in it. Remember when she did that once? Maybe when they all went on vacation somewhere? 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Mojoker said:

If you're talking about Bethenny, she never mocked Carole's ability to write, she mocked her inability to come up with individual names for her cats.

Bethenny said "You're supposed to be a writer and you can't even come with names for you cats." If that is not mocking her ability to write I don't know what it could be. Is she intimating that she is a great writer with that comment?

Bethenny is obviously tired of Carole and is mocking her left and right in her  talking heads. Which is par for the course because Bethenny can not maintain a relationship with anyone for any length of time.

• Love 9
11 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

No, but if you are Sonja you wash your face in it. Remember when she did that once? Maybe when they all went on vacation somewhere? 

Yes.  I remember. That was weird. 

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, Pickles said:

I also think Dorinda and John use drugs and that is a big part of their relationship. Just my opinion.

I do, too.  I knew an angry cokehead a long time ago.   We'd go to the clubs and he'd end up in an adrenaline fight.  Either with a stranger or with a friend.  The next day, it was all, "I love you, man.  I didn't mean it. I was wasted, dude." 

Reminded me of how Dorinda greeted Sonja the next day at Lu's:  "New day, right?"  Big hug.

Yeah, until you get wasted again.

• Love 14

It could very well be that they are drug users but Dorinda always seems remarkably unpleasant even when she is dead sober.

For example. When we first met her we find out that her daughter and her boyfriend don't mix. Her generally contemptuous behavior toward John is just indicative of a gold plated bitch. I don't understand it but some guys like to be abused. You know the successful business man who pays the dominatrix to beat him and stuff.

I did note her look of absolute avarice as she walked through John's business. Look at the scope of his joint. I know how hard it is to run a business in New York City and his operation is very impressive. I know he does a bunch of high end cleaning for celebrities and fashion people and even Broadway. Dorinda was just dying to get her greasy mitts on some of the stuff hanging on the rack. What a lowlife.

Dorinda doesn't make it nice.  She just pretends to be nice. In vino veritas. 

• Love 9

Dorinda's a conundrum.  I'm as naive as a baby, or one of Carole's Baby cats or pup, so I've never been around a committed cokey type.  But yeah, she gets intense.

But!  She was very loyal to Jules.  She said kind words about the Singers as a married couple.  She makes lots of, IMO, pretty deft points: I know LuAnn's Be Like A Lady schtick wears thin, and I liked that Dorinda responded to the tsk tsk stuff with, I've seen you get upset when your guy's insulted, so knock it off.   Fair and accurate.  She's been open and nice to Tinsley.  I have no doubt she is impressed by John's business, which is well-established.   And I like a lot of her taste.  Her Berkshires house is my second favorite RHONY setting, after Lu's Sag Harbor home.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Pickles said:

I also think Dorinda and John use drugs and that is a big part of their relationship. Just my opinion. They seem to really enjoy their alcohol also.  John appears to be the polar opposite of Dorinda's late husband, from what Dorinda has said. I don't get the idea she is looking for another husband. Just a party pal.

Observing Dorinda in her "back that shit up" moments, I think her true mentality is much closer to a John than some uber wealthy high brow executive.

• Love 17
20 hours ago, Emmeline said:

Dorinda made a complete and utter fool of herself.  I know she said she wasn't drinking, but they did film her with a glass of wine.  Still, it makes you wonder about her behavior being drug induced.

Are you saying her personality is, like, induced?

• Love 16

She didn't make a big splash, but can we just note what a big get Candace Bushnell is as a Friend Of. The morally corrupt Faye Resnick will always hold a special place in my heart, but Candace is major. I sort of can't believe it took this many seasons for her to roll up. Would definitely read a behind-the-scenes on how she and Andy (or whoever) decided now is the time. Hope she's around a bit more this season.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, Eliz said:

She didn't make a big splash, but can we just note what a big get Candace Bushnell is as a Friend Of. The morally corrupt Faye Resnick will always hold a special place in my heart, but Candace is major. I sort of can't believe it took this many seasons for her to roll up. Would definitely read a behind-the-scenes on how she and Andy (or whoever) decided now is the time. Hope she's around a bit more this season.

Well, SJP is one of Andy's best friends, so I would assume he would have had a lot of opportunities to meet Bushnell over the years via that connection (if not one of his 150 billion other NYC connections).

• Love 3
9 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I am probably alone in that I loved Carole this episode. Loved her quiet words to Dorinda at the end of the table (while usually I don't like grown women telling other grown women how to behave) mainly because she was also defending Dorinda to the others. She wanted for Dorinda to not look bad, and wasn't going to let the others leave the table without knowing that she had every reason to be pissed at Sonja. I also love all the cat stuff. As a life long cat lover, it thrills me whenever someone realizes the awesomeness of these animals a bit later in life. Carole is completely fascinated by these sweet things, while probably never giving them a thought before now. Now she gets it and I love her more for it. I wonder if Ramona does come to her election party? I totally get Carole not wanting her there. I have lots of friends from the other side of the political aisle, although mostly casual observers who don't really give two shits for the most part. I didn't invite any of them to my party because they would have been mocking and mean, and I didn't want any of that on a night that was important to me, but didn't really matter at all to them. And they most certainly would not have wanted me at their party, had they cared enough about what was going on to have one. 

You are not alone, I love Carole interacting with her kittens, who are actually named blue and baby belle (per her instagram) ?  Also agree with your comments about her election party/disinviting Ramona.  Finally I wanted to add I loved Carole laughing quietly during that dinner party exchange between Dorinda and Sonja...

• Love 7
20 hours ago, QuinnM said:

Who said this season was dull?  We haven't even hit the election. 

I was one of them.  I miss Jules.  Without her, the first 3 episodes were dulllllllllllllllllllllllll as hell.  (For me.  It's a personal opinion).

This one was okay but I couldn't follow Dorinda's crazy train.

Thank god I read the forums.  I didn't even realize Candace Bushnell was there.  Now I have to rewatch.  I actually worship her.  If you haven't already, read "Sex and the City" the original book.  I love it.  Also, I loved "Trading Up" and "Four Blondes".  Definitely recommend.

I used to love Dorinda so much.  She looks so much worse this season.  Is it really drugs?  You'd never "cash" me asking this about her last season.  I was crazy about her.  Yes, I'm one of the people who thought she was so, so, so beautiful.  

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I was one of them.  I miss Jules.  Without her, the first 3 episodes were dulllllllllllllllllllllllll as hell.  (For me.  It's a personal opinion).

This one was okay but I couldn't follow Dorinda's crazy train.

Thank god I read the forums.  I didn't even realize Candace Bushnell was there.  Now I have to rewatch.  I actually worship her.  If you haven't already, read "Sex and the City" the original book.  I love it.  Also, I loved "Trading Up" and "Four Blondes".  Definitely recommend.

I used to love Dorinda so much.  She looks so much worse this season.  Is it really drugs?  You'd never "cash" me asking this about her last season.  I was crazy about her.

All awesome books - I actually liked Trading Up and Four Blondes better than Sex and the City.  Actually, I love all of her books - they are great beach reads!!  

Candace would be a great addition, but I wonder if she is observing for a new book idea.

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 2

Sonja, if you are strapped for cash, buy a scratch and dent washer and dryer. Surely a townhouse has W/D hookups. 

Can't wait for Carole's meltdown. However, her kittens are cute.

I didn't watch last season so I don't know if this behavior is normal for Dorinda. Every time I hear her name I think Dorito. Sorry. Can't help it. The Cool Ranch ones are yummy.

Still liking Tinz. Maybe it's because she's my peer, age-wise, and we have similar hair.

I guess I'm in the minority who does not like Candace's books. I've tried reading them. All the protagonists (of the several books I've tried) are unlikable people. Everyone is bitter and miserable. I've not tried reading SATC, but people I know who liked the TV show and tried the book said that the TV characters and the book characters are very different. She's like Lauren Weisberger or Amanda Brown that way. The TV show or movie was way better than the book. With "The Devil Wears Prada," I kept wanting Miranda to give Andy more smackdowns. She was an entitled brat. As far as Brown and "Legally Blonde".... I read the book because I enjoyed the movie, but book Elle is not a nice person and I'm shocked that the flimsy piece of work became a movie. Movie Elle is charming and sweet. Book Elle is a nasty snob. Sorry to go off topic. 

• Love 2

I've been thinking about the Dorinda/Sonja dinner party fiasco.  And, I find that I am bothered by Dorinda's outburst as much as I was by Bethenny's outburst toward Luann last season.

I have always liked Dorinda, even in her martini-induced jibber-jabber stages.  Last night, though, she lost me.  I understand she had a major reason to go at Sonja, but the slut-shaming comments were beneath Dorinda, and not deserved by Sonja.  If Sonja posted nasty things on SM, or bad-mouthed Dorinda and John to bloggers/the press, then, by all means, go at her, and go with both guns blazing.  But, make sure to stay on point.  State the reasons, clearly and concisely, without going into gutter talk.  

I rarely agree with Carole, but she was right to try to rein Dorinda in.  Dorinda went down in the gutter last night and it wasn't pretty.  She should leave those types of put downs and insults to Bethenny, who seems to revel in that type of behavior.

On the other hand, I felt such sympathy for Sonja - not because Dorinda was trashing her, but because Sonja calmly sat there and let her do it.  Sonja needs this show so bad, that she is willing to allow herself to be humiliated, with no push-back whatsoever.  It's sad, really.  

18 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I couldn't get into Killing Monica - What did you think of it?  I couldn't get into any of the others she wrote either, or I don't remember them.  But I've at least attempted all of them.  

That was my least favorite of her books, and I've read them all.  I think my favorites were Lipstick Jungle, Trading Up and One Fifth Avenue.

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

On the other hand, I felt such sympathy for Sonja - not because Dorinda was trashing her, but because Sonja calmly sat there and let her do it.  Sonja needs this show so bad, that she is willing to allow herself to be humiliated, with no push-back whatsoever.  It's sad, really.  

I thought that was Sonja just letting the crazy lady vent and be over it. You can't talk to crazy. You have to let them rant and then go on with your life. I think Dorinda wanted S to go nuts in retaliation, but she wasn't going to play that game.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Atlanta said:

I thought that was Sonja just letting the crazy lady vent and be over it. You can't talk to crazy. You have to let them rant and then go on with your life. I think Dorinda wanted S to go nuts in retaliation, but she wasn't going to play that game.

Yes - for once, Sonja played her hand well.  She actually, without saying much, counter-pointed all of Dorinda's comments.  To the other guests sitting at that table, Dorinda looked/sounded like a crazy, off the wall mean girl.  Sonja looked and acted like Lady Morgan, to the manor born, who was too classy to respond the vulgarity.

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 16
2 hours ago, Trooper York said:

Bethenny said "You're supposed to be a writer and you can't even come with names for you cats." If that is not mocking her ability to write I don't know what it could be. Is she intimating that she is a great writer with that comment?

Bethenny is obviously tired of Carole and is mocking her left and right in her  talking heads. Which is par for the course because Bethenny can not maintain a relationship with anyone for any length of time.

I totally heard that differently.  I can't remember the exact words, but to me it came off more as "You can write a novel but you can't give 3 cats 3 different names," which I felt was more teasing a friend that the other kind of mocking we get (do we still say "shade?" I feel like that's a played out expression). 

I'm admittedly biased, though, because I like Carole and Bethenney.  For me this cast is like BH, where I don't really hate anyone, which I'm just now realizing makes the show...it's fun to watch, but it's not the cool stress-venting mechanism it was before.  We have literal felons on other shows weeping about facing consequences for their crimes, I've watched storylines about fake cancer and possibly fake Lyme disease, and I'm mesmerized by the mess that is Atlanta right now.  Point is, I'm all screwed up, so maybe Bethenney was really vile in her TH and I just can't recognize it anymore.

• Love 12
7 hours ago, esco1822 said:

And this is why I love Carole:
"But I'm not a musician, or a plumber, or an accountant. I'm a journalist, so my expertise is - information. Oh, I know, I'm not currently working in news right now, so it doesn't count. But a retired doctor is still deferred to when there's a rash in the room. Why is it so hard for my friends to acknowledge I may know more than they do about politics? Why would they know about FOIA requests anyway? That is kind of, sort of, what started the infamous email scandal in the first place. I'm quick to admit the many topics they know more about than I do, like parenting, blood alcohol content, all 245 kama sutra positions."

Comparing her past experiences to the expertise of a doctor's skills?  Quite a stretch, not to mention the fact that being out of the reporter scene for a few years makes her as informed as a current, in the know journalist...is a bit silly to me.  Being a journalist does not mean you know all the truth, it just means you learned how to search for the truth and gave you connections to some of the facts.  As someone very active in politics, it's never an exact science because there's a bias in how many of these so-called journalists/reporters angle their stories to fit their point of view.  I guarantee I know just as much as Carole, if not more, but that doesn't mean someone in my circle with less direct info can't make as educated of a decision as me, that is silly.  I guess only politicians, and journalists are experts on information and should be allowed to vote.  Information is information...I was a freaking researcher, I'll take her on!! 

Carole's problem is that if you don't come to the same conclusions, you are ill informed and wrong.  Also, do we really know what others know?  Can we really judge their expertise?  I decorate my house without a decorators license and yet I get lots of compliments on having a great eye.  

Also, Just because someone doesn't talk politics in public, doesn't mean they are not informed.  Lots of people keep those thoughts close to the vest.  Not everyone thinks they need to discuss their thoughts on politicians, finances, or many other topics...I'm sorry but Carole's taken Bethenny's role as the self appointed know it all queen of politics.

I've NEVER talked to other women about mine/their sex life.  I've been happily married 28 years, and what goes on in our bedroom is not discussed by me with anyone, not my sisters, mother, or friends.  It's private to me and I have no interest in what others do.  So, if you were my friend would you know what we do?  If you don't hear about it, you must think I am frigid?  If I don't talk about it, do you assume we don't have a healthy sex life?!!  

I don't talk finance details, does that mean I am financially ignorant?  Do I need to work in finance to understand legislation on income tax?  If I don't talk about my finances does that mean I don't know how to manage my money?!!

What you don't see does not equate with ignorance, unless you are Carole.  From what I see on the screen of Carole, I certainly wouldn't consider her a great judge of character...she is no more reliable than anyone on this show IMO.  Both Carole & Dorinda are convinced if you don't think like they do you are ill informed, don't care or shouldn't vote.

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, IKnowRight said:

Comparing her past experiences to the expertise of a doctor's skills?  Quite a stretch, not to mention the fact that being out of the reporter scene for a few years makes her as informed as a current, in the know journalist...is a bit silly to me.  Being a journalist does not mean you know all the truth, it just means you learned how to search for the truth and gave you connections to some of the facts.  As someone very active in politics, it's never an exact science because there's a bias in how many of these so-called journalists/reporters angle their stories to fit their point of view.  I guarantee I know just as much as Carole, if not more, but that doesn't mean someone in my circle with less direct info can't make as educated of a decision as me, that is silly.  I guess only politicians, and journalists are experts on information and should be allowed to vote.  Information is information...I was a freaking researcher, I'll take her on!! 

Carole's problem is that if you don't come to the same conclusions, you are ill informed and wrong.  Also, do we really know what others know?  Can we really judge their expertise?  I decorate my house without a decorators license and yet I get lots of compliments on having a great eye.  

Also, Just because someone doesn't talk politics in public, doesn't mean they are not informed.  Lots of people keep those thoughts close to the vest.  Not everyone thinks they need to discuss their thoughts on politicians, finances, or many other topics...I'm sorry but Carole's taken Bethenny's role as the self appointed know it all queen of politics.

I've NEVER talked to other women about mine/their sex life.  I've been happily married 28 years, and what goes on in our bedroom is not discussed by me with anyone, not my sisters, mother, or friends.  It's private to me and I have no interest in what others do.  So, if you were my friend would you know what we do?  If you don't hear about it, you must think I am frigid?  If I don't talk about it, do you assume we don't have a healthy sex life?!!  

I don't talk finance details, does that mean I am financially ignorant?  Do I need to work in finance to understand legislation on income tax?  If I don't talk about my finances does that mean I don't know how to manage my money?!!

What you don't see does not equate with ignorance, unless you are Carole.  From what I see on the screen of Carole, I certainly wouldn't consider her a great judge of character...she is no more reliable than anyone on this show IMO.  Both Carole & Dorinda are convinced if you don't think like they do you are ill informed, don't care or shouldn't vote.

Holy cow. I have doctor friends. Carole is so off on this one. She must have zero idea of the training a medical doctor does or a nurse or any medical first responder. But she worked for ABC News!!!!! She knows all! She's omniscient! As someone who has a BA and MA in journalism but wound up in a different field, this makes me weep for my initially desired profession. Just because once upon a time you had a career in journalism and you may still have friends in the biz doesn't mean you are better informed. Her friends in the biz are probably an echo chamber of her opinions.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, archer1267 said:

Carole was a little too enthusiastic about LuAnn's unavailability.

Just right as far as I'm concerned.

1 hour ago, njbchlover said:

I have always liked Dorinda, even in her martini-induced jibber-jabber stages.  Last night, though, she lost me.

She just verified my opinion of her.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Trooper York said:

Bethenny is obviously tired of Carole and is mocking her left and right in her  talking heads.

I disagree, and like another poster, I think the comment about not being able to come up with names for pets was good-natured teasing.

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

I disagree, and like another poster, I think the comment about not being able to come up with names for pets was good-natured teasing.

I do as well.  They seem like they have a good friendship that is normal with warts and all.  People get irritated with each other or tease each other.  Doesn't mean much.  If B goes at C like she did Lu, then I will think they are done.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, sasha206 said:

If she's paying rent, yes, Sonja shouldn't be all uncool. :)

Of course, I think this is just Bravo's way of introducing wayward socialiate.  And I'm sure they encourage bringing home of fuckmates for dissension.

I don't think it's uncool to ask Tinsley to not fuck in her daughter's bed. 

7 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

I agree. They are actually friends and accept each other as they come. Their friendship is probably stronger because they don't have to pussyfoot around and sugarcoat crap. If my BFF had three animals with the same name I'd be all WTF, too!

I know Sonja is crazy but I have to love her decorum at the dinner party when Dorinda was going all gangsta on her ass. She was poised and continued to enjoy the food. I also suspect she's more eccentric on the show than in real life.

• Love 10
58 minutes ago, Atlanta said:

Holy cow. I have doctor friends. Carole is so off on this one. She must have zero idea of the training a medical doctor does or a nurse or any medical first responder. But she worked for ABC News!!!!! She knows all! She's omniscient! As someone who has a BA and MA in journalism but wound up in a different field, this makes me weep for my initially desired profession. Just because once upon a time you had a career in journalism and you may still have friends in the biz doesn't mean you are better informed. Her friends in the biz are probably an echo chamber of her opinions.

OMG. So much hate! She is not literally comparing her level of training with that of a medical professional. She's saying that while she may not still actively work in the field she actively stays informed and continues to follow the issues and is deeply engaged in the presidential race. Two years ago I was a full-time Capitol Hill reporter until I was laid off. Then I got a job in a member's office as communications direct, but I still keep up with all of the issues just as I did when I was a journalist. That's what Carole is saying she's doing and she's not even comparing her knowledge of the news with that of everyone else's except Ramona, who, come on, we know maybe keeps up with the headlines but is likely not doing any in-depth reading

• Love 21
8 hours ago, esco1822 said:

And this is why I love Carole:
"But I'm not a musician, or a plumber, or an accountant. I'm a journalist, so my expertise is - information. Oh, I know, I'm not currently working in news right now, so it doesn't count. But a retired doctor is still deferred to when there's a rash in the room. Why is it so hard for my friends to acknowledge I may know more than they do about politics? Why would they know about FOIA requests anyway? That is kind of, sort of, what started the infamous email scandal in the first place. I'm quick to admit the many topics they know more about than I do, like parenting, blood alcohol content, all 245 kama sutra positions."

Carole's doctor analogy makes no sense. Because epidemiology is more static than it is not. Of course the laity defers to the expertise of medical practitioners because rash causation is overwhelmingly predominantly the same from one year to the next.

Secondly, just because one is a doctor does not mean they're actually diagnosing collections of symptoms accurately. Which is why we have medically credentialed professionals attesting that chronic Lyme disease is both real and caused by microwaves - not to mention treatable with mystery immunotherapy cocktails.

Carole demonstrably lacks the intellectual curiosity to examine the intellectual and philosophical differences between her ideology and that of the millions of voters who contributed to Trump's win. 

She literally does not seem to grasp the relatively simple concept that those who disagree with and/or have arrived at different political judgments might have the same information she has but just have disparate values and priorities. 

There were plenty of liberals and left-wingers who were NeverHillary for a spectrum of reasons. 

As for rescinding Ramona's invitation, why invite her in the first place just to be an asshole?

--------------------- 

Why is Dorinda busting out a photograph of Sonja from two and a half decades ago like it's a smoking gun? 

Is "are you how or have you ever been affiliated with Trump" the prevailing ethos of urban open mindedness? 

• Love 5