Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E04: The Etiquette of Friendship

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, msblossom said:

Agreed. Candace Bushnell is 100 times more interesting than B. It's an easy fix.

I don't remember her saying anything. Has she been on before?  Is she a housewife?

• Love 1
3 hours ago, lunastartron said:

Carole demonstrably lacks the intellectual curiosity to examine the intellectual and philosophical differences between her ideology and that of the millions of voters who contributed to Trump's win. 

To be fair to Carole, many more people did vote for Clinton, about 3 million more people, so in any other modern country, Hilary would be president.  We happen to have a very outdated system.   And I'm not sure what you mean by "intellectual differences between her and other voters"

I don't think Carole was out of sync with any other news people. There was a real worry, but also optimism. 

Edited by Lemons
  • Love 20
29 minutes ago, politichick said:
40 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

I disagree, and like another poster, I think the comment about not being able to come up with names for pets was good-natured teasing.

I agree that it was good-natured teasing, especially how she's basically laughing the entire time she's making the joke. It'd be something I would say and lord knows I loathe to think I have something in common with Bethenny.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, Lemons said:

I don't remember her saying anything. Has she been on before?  Is she a housewife?

She wrote Sex in the City which confers her iconic status in the eyes of some. Ok, many. Table of one here, not me. She is apparently married, so is a housewife in that sense. Lives in NY. She was at the dinner where Dorinda went HAM on Sonja, and at Lu's the next day. She may have been being considered for an apple, as is sometimes the case with 'Friends Of', production decides at the end of filming, sometimes. She'd be a big catch for the franchise.

On Carole and her cats. I'm more concerned about her not knowing what sex they are. At the same time, I was smirking about it, because if one or more are male, Carole is sure going to know about it soon enough. Unneutered boys are no fun when they start spraying round your environs. Not to mention the obvious: many more kittens than you now have.

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, Lemons said:

I'm saying she'd make a great replacement for Bethenny. And she was on last night's episode in a couple different scenes having conversations with the hws, you should rewatch it if you can.

Edited by msblossom
  • Love 5
Just now, msblossom said:

I'm saying she'd make a great replacement for Bethenny. And she was on last night's episodes in a couple different scenes having conversations with the hws, you should rewatch it if you can.

I remember dorinda yelling at her but I don't remember her speaking. I'll have to watch out for her. 

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I do as well.  They seem like they have a good friendship that is normal with warts and all.  People get irritated with each other or tease each other.  Doesn't mean much.  If B goes at C like she did Lu, then I will think they are done.

I think Bethenny likes Carole for the same reason she liked Alex - she said of Alex, "I don't need to work at the friendship, it just happens." Carole balances out B's hyper, controlling need to be the center of attention. I think B doesn't see C as a threat - she's an older woman, she's had a different career. She seems relaxed in C's company in a way she doesn't anyone else's.

That said, I get that she's getting bored of the politics talk.

• Love 9
47 minutes ago, politichick said:

I don't think it's uncool to ask Tinsley to not fuck in her daughter's bed. 

If she's paying rent and you don't want her fucking in your daughter's bed, move her into the other room.  

Plus, it's awfully hard for me to imagine Sonja, who fuck's Lu's sloppy seconds and then brags about the conquest, would ever worry about where she's fucking someone and be considerate of someone else's space.  So I feel like her concern is really just a storyline concern and not genuine.

• Love 5

Carole is typical of the elitist opinion of most of the journalists that got everything totally wrong so she has that going for her. She doesn't know what she doesn't know and specializes in contempt for other people whether it be stay at home moms or bored Housewives. She is the worst of the worst. She brings absolutely nothing to these shows except her contempt for regular people. 

Of course she does serve the important purpose of being Bethenny's flying monkey so she has job security. At least for a little while. It does seem that Bethenny is getting tired of her as she sinks into a cat lady depression of soiled furniture and stained shirts.

Before you know it Bethenny will be getting another restraining order.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, ryebread said:

I've always thought Dorinda was a gutter rat-ish.  I never saw the pretty.  Handsome on a good day, maybe, but pretty? 

I wash my delicates in cool water, but most bidets have hot water.  And FWIW, you don't crap in a bidet.  It's just a rinse after you've used toilet paper over the toilet.

Thanks I need to travel more or mingle with a better class of people.  So  you do your business use toilet paper then stand up and move to another porcelain seat and use paper again ?  ?  Don't get me wrong I think it's a great concept just didn't know the mechanics of it.  

I find having a wedding shower that has strippers pretty classless. Or was there a bachelorette party for the blushing bride???  Scratching my head about it all. 

On 4/26/2017 at 8:25 PM, ExplainItAgain said:

25 minutes in and we're still on this dinner party fight. Like wild animals screeching at each other.

My daughter just watched the episode and texted me to ask if they ever have a dinner without drama.  Also she couldn't get over Sonja washing her panties in the bidet.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, howiveaddict said:

My daughter just watched the episode and texted me to ask if they ever have a dinner without drama.  Also she couldn't get over Sonja washing her panties in the bidet.

I'm ready to take up a collection for Sonja to get a scratch and dent washer and dryer. That's what my roommate and I did in college when we tired of dorm life and got an apartment.

Edited by Atlanta
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, IKnowRight said:

Comparing her past experiences to the expertise of a doctor's skills?  Quite a stretch, not to mention the fact that being out of the reporter scene for a few years makes her as informed as a current, in the know journalist...is a bit silly to me.  Being a journalist does not mean you know all the truth, it just means you learned how to search for the truth and gave you connections to some of the facts.  As someone very active in politics, it's never an exact science because there's a bias in how many of these so-called journalists/reporters angle their stories to fit their point of view.  I guarantee I know just as much as Carole, if not more, but that doesn't mean someone in my circle with less direct info can't make as educated of a decision as me, that is silly.  I guess only politicians, and journalists are experts on information and should be allowed to vote.  Information is information...I was a freaking researcher, I'll take her on!! 

It's impossible to believe that Carole is not better informed than Ramona about politics, which is the person she is talking about. I've never met Ramona, let alone spent 5 years with her, and I can say that with 100% certainty. People are very rarely informed about things they are not interested in. It's not a slight, it's just a fact. Ramona said herself she wasn't even going to bother to vote. So she doesn't really care. None of that makes Carole or her opinions or conclusions correct. She just knows more about the issues, which is not the same thing as saying that she doesn't also have personal bias about those issues. 

• Love 22
2 hours ago, phoenix780 said:

I totally heard that differently.  I can't remember the exact words, but to me it came off more as "You can write a novel but you can't give 3 cats 3 different names," which I felt was more teasing a friend that the other kind of mocking we get (do we still say "shade?" I feel like that's a played out expression). 

I'm admittedly biased, though, because I like Carole and Bethenney.  For me this cast is like BH, where I don't really hate anyone, which I'm just now realizing makes the show...it's fun to watch, but it's not the cool stress-venting mechanism it was before.  We have literal felons on other shows weeping about facing consequences for their crimes, I've watched storylines about fake cancer and possibly fake Lyme disease, and I'm mesmerized by the mess that is Atlanta right now.  Point is, I'm all screwed up, so maybe Bethenney was really vile in her TH and I just can't recognize it anymore.

I only watch the New York crew so it's not you not being to recognize it. It's just not there. That's Bethany's personality, she's kidding around. What a boring relationship if you can't kid. All the "I love you" comments passed around from Ramona, Sonja, Luann and the rest are so phony and insincere. I'll take Bethany being funny any day. 

• Love 13
16 minutes ago, Atlanta said:

I'm ready to take up a collection for Sonja to get a scratch and dent washer and dryer. That's what my roommate and I did in college when we tired of dorm life and got an apartment.

My grandma had a little washer that hooked to the bathroom sink. Sonja needs that.  I'll pitch in to pay for it.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Jextella said:

I'm firmly convinced Dorinda uses drugs.  Her boyfriend too.  Her behavior is too extreme.  When she's on, she is way over the top....she's in hopped-up land, IMO.

It's this kind of speculation that causes Dorinda to scream Sonja's face off. Are real emotions so suppressed that genuine, righteous anger is so unfamiliar? The last time someone was planting nasty things in the press about Dorinda and John it was Ramona.

I think if they got rid of Bethanny and let Ramona run free as the villain, this show would be Must See TV. I wouldn't mind keeping Sonja if she would stop taking all the prescription drugs that make her so loopy. 

Is she a housewife?

who really is anymore?

Edited by Drumpf1737
  • Love 5

I got really tired of waiting for my "energy efficient" washer to do a single load of laundry (approx. 54 minutes if all goes well), so I bought a mini washer that sits on a table in the kitchen. It cost about $65.  Maybe Sonja's interns could pool their money and give Sonja one for Christmas.  It would beat washing  clothes in an ass fountain. 

Edited by Bronzedog
  • Love 6
21 hours ago, izabella said:

I have to admit, even with the drawn-out yelling, I really don't understand why Dorinda is so mad at Sonja.  What has Sonja been saying about Dorinda and to whom?  Why is Sonja trash-talking Dorinda behind her back?  It was all so vague. 

Except "turnstyle and ticket" - that was clear and made me laugh.  I've never heard that expression before.

That's the one line though clear to hear did not make sense.

EZ Pass is used to tolls, bridges, tunnels.

Turnstiles don't exist at any of these types of locations. They don't even have the gates that come down.

There is a turnstiles at a train station. But you don't get a ticket. You swipe a metrocard or a path train card which the machine after deleting the money from the account allows the turnstile to function so you can walk through. The only time you get a "ticket" is if you use money or a on a bus and ask for a transfer.

This all made me think Dorinda was high on something and most likely imbibed on some alcohol.

• Love 2
53 minutes ago, Drumpf1737 said:

It's this kind of speculation that causes Dorinda to scream Sonja's face off. Are real emotions so suppressed that genuine, righteous anger is so unfamiliar? The last time someone was planting nasty things in the press about Dorinda and John it was Ramona.

I think if they got rid of Bethanny and let Ramona run free as the villain, this show would be Must See TV. I wouldn't mind keeping Sonja if she would stop taking all the prescription drugs that make her so loopy. 

who really is anymore?

It's this kind of speculation that Bethenny put out.  Before the reunion, it was on Andy's XM radio show.   Where is her unleashed anger at Bethenny?

• Love 5
13 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

How come, in their talking heads, so many housewives look as if they had to shampoo using low-flow shower heads, like Jerry, Kramer and Newman?

I love the red dress Tinsley wears in that little introduction shot, short in the front, long in the back, with a beautiful silhouette.

Holy caca.  Maybe the caffeine from the diet cokes, followed by the glass(es?) of wine contributed to that epic rant.  Does anyone know anything about Richard? I get the impression that he was a lovely, dignified man.  Did Dorinda erupt like that around Richard?

Once again, we get a short scene with Dorinda and John, and despite all the criticism in past seasons (Bethenny observing that it seems as if Dorinda is trying to sell John to everyone), Dorinda looks annoyed and protests when John mentions staying overnight at Dorinda's, now that Hannah has moved out. The only time she seems to like him and defend him is when she's not with him.  

Can someone give me a brief summary of what was going on with regard to Bethenny and Jason's divorce at the time they filmed these episodes? Was it getting uglier than usual?

Did I hear correctly?  Did Sonja say she couldn't go to the wedding because she had already booked her Phuket flight and reservations for the same weekend -- actually booked everything during an evening several months earlier that she had been "benefiting" from Tom?

That is what Sonja says she said in front of the Bravo cameras.

In actuality, the press were around when Sonja found out she wasn't invited to Luanne's wedding. Sonja was drunk and slurred Fuck It!

The next day, she tried to spin the story that she planned a trip to Phuket...yeah that's what she said...no way did she say anything negative about Luanne

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Lemons said:

To be fair to Carole, as expected, many more people did vote for Clinton, about 3 million more people, so in any other modern country, Hilary would be president.  We happen to have a very outdated system. And I'm not sure what you mean by "intellectual differences between her and other voters"

I don't think Carole was out of sync with any other news people. There was a real worry, but also optimism. 

Carole said Hillary was going to win in a landslide without any qualification that she meant "win the popular vote." By definition, winning in a landslide means winning the electoral college. 

Carole cited her ability to "read between the lines" and her past experience as a journalist as lodestars of how much more informed (and thus how much more accurate) she is in her political expertise and predictions. There was ample speculation on network news in the prelude to the election about how Hillary was going to break 400 EC votes, win by one of the biggest margins in history, and turn red strongholds blue. So much for Carole's insistence that sacrosanct journalistic experience = being able to read between the lines and/or correctly gauge the pulse of what was happening.

As for the question of intellectual and ideological differences between Carole and those with disparate perspectives, what I'm referring to is her instantaneous default of deriding those who disagree with her as "less informed" "dumbass"es who only get their news from Breitbart. Despite all of that professional journalistic experience that left her initially unable to determine if she was, in fact, a member of the one percent or to restrain herself from stumbling ass backwards over the topic of the term "Indian," it's notable that Carole has never even touched in all of her Twitter commentary subjects that would require intellectual curiosity (like 'why did Trump win such a significant fraction of white women voters?') rather than default insults. 

Edited by lunastartron
  • Love 14
7 hours ago, QuinnM said:

I believe back at the beginning, right before Carole renovated, that Carole stated she felt it should be recovered in the original fabric.  That fabric was something French out of silk and the job would be $50K.  I could be imagining that.  Dorinda named the brand of the fabric on WWHL but I missed it.

I remember after the renovation being shocked that the staircase remained a death trap.

The fabric is on sale!!!!  https://www.decoratorsbest.com/p-lee-jofa-silk-tiger-velvet-oro-fabric-9823.aspx

It looked to me as if Carole had other fabric samples.  Carole just doesn't seem to be the type to drop $30-$50k on reupholstering her couch.  She should save some of the less worn fabric and make a couple of pillows.  It just seems odd to see her with a sofa with tears in it.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Even more shocking to me than Dorinda's meltdown (so much for making it nice) was Luann's TH comment at the first of the episode that Tinsley would be bringing men to Sonja's home,  to a bedroom full of stuffed animals. Like it was the most natural thing in the world to bring strange men to the home of your hostess, who has been gracious enough to give you a place to stay. Then I remembered that Lu did that when she stayed at Sonja's. I wonder if there is a chapter on that in Class with the Countess? 

So I was further shocked at the end of the episode to find that Tinny has done just that. WTF is wrong with these women? If you are staying at the home for wayward socialites and pick up some random guy you want to bang (and apparently is homeless as well) spring for a friggin' hotel room. Sheesh.

Dorinda's meltdown was something else, if only because it was in front of so many guests that have nothing to do with the HWs. I have a feeling Dorinda may have been taken off a few lists. And that was sober? Yikes. I didn't mind though that it happened at Ramona's party - no one deserves that kind of disrespect more that Ro. 

To be fair, I don't think Tinsley can afford it. She's staying at Sonja's, in Quincy's room. They like to say they all have money coming on to this show. If this were the case and they only film for 4 months - Tinsley could have easily leased an apartment short term. She doesn't have that kind of disposable bread. I think Tinsley didn't get the top floor separate living quarters because it is probably rented and currently occupied.

I love Ramona my crazy noodle -

• Love 2

OK. I'm going to go there on the bidet thing.  Yeah, I would never wash anything in a bidet.  Apparently Sonja wants to 'hand' wash her undies.  OK.  If the vessel is clean, what difference is there between using the kitchen sink and a bidet?  And...can one's undies also have traces of what a bidet is used for?  Yep.  Why is a washing machine any better?  A washing machine sees everything a bidet sees.  Bottom line (no pun.  OK.  Kind of),  no matter what is used to clean clothes, they all experience leftovers.  Again, I'm not saying I would use a bidet but I don't think anyone could say it's any more unsanitary than the other choices.  It's all about the water choice.  'They' say that warm to hot water should be used no matter what the 'vessel' of choice is.

God, I can't believe I just posted this.  And full disclosure, I do the 'regular' warm/cold cycle on my washing machine.  Supposedly, experts think I should be doing 'hot'.  And as an aside, I have one of those newer 'efficient'  washers that tangle the clothes up so bad that I have no idea of what goes on in there.  Removal is a delicate process because I'm afraid the clothes are going to be torn into pieces.  Everything does end up 'ok' but I miss my old Maytag. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, KungFuBunny said:

To be fair, I don't think Tinsley can afford it. She's staying at Sonja's, in Quincy's room. They like to say they all have money coming on to this show. If this were the case and they only film for 4 months - Tinsley could have easily leased an apartment short term. She doesn't have that kind of disposable bread. I think Tinsley didn't get the top floor separate living quarters because it is probably rented and currently occupied.

I love Ramona my crazy noodle -

It's interesting as some here think Tinsley is paying rent to Sonja. Though I don't think that has even been stated on the show. (I don't think Lu was paying rent, either). I believe Tinsley (and to a much lesser extent Lu - I think she needed a place to stay) is staying at Sonja's as it is producer driven and a way to introduce her to the show. In any case though Tinsley is obviously being paid as a FT HW, so should be able to spring for a hotel room. Maybe one that she can rent by the hour, to save money. 

That said, I still find it mind boggling that she (and Lu) would drag random guys back to Sonja's to spend the night.  She is not a roommate, sharing an apartment that they are both paying for which would be neutral territory. This is Sonja's home. Even worse to me than when Lu and I think Ramona  dragged men back to the house that the ladies were sharing on vacation. (As I recall, most of the women were up in arms about that). Both Lu and Tinsley have shown to have questionable taste in men. (Lu with that Rey guy who seemed rather unhinged, among others. Tinsley's last relationship which landed her in jail was full of domestic abuse, by all accounts). Tinsley needs to take Lu's advice and find a man (ala Tom) who likes a damsel in distress. And owns his own bed. In the meantime,  if Tinsley is that hard up, she can forage in Sonja's dishwasher for a companion. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, sasha206 said:

If she's paying rent and you don't want her fucking in your daughter's bed, move her into the other room.  

Good idea.   Also, it's a good idea to lay (pun intended) some groundrules when inviting a paying (is Tinsley?) guest...or non-paying.

1 hour ago, Lemons said:

Carole never claimed to be claravoyent. A slight shift on where some of those votes were cast and it would have been different. Also, She didn't appear super confident to me over what the results would be.

As for the intellectual differences, we all saw the pep rallies that Trump had where his base booed the mention of the media, trump constantly called the New York Times and other notable news sources "fakes".  So where did his base get their news?  Breitbart and Steve bannon.  There have been polls that show Trump voters are in fact less informed. These comments Carole has made have not come out of thin air. And she's not alone in her contempt for Trump, she is in the majority, so why are so many people trying to discredit everything Carole says?  

This is veering off topic into explicitly political commentary. I don't want to put in the effort of composing a reply only to have it get deleted. 

But to your first point, Carole literally said "obviously," Hillary "wins in a landslide." I'm not sure how "obviously, she wins in a landslide" per Carole's own words doesn't suggest definitive confidence. If her narration of her own sentiments isn't reliable, I guess she could have really meant any number of other things with such concrete language.

Why do people think "#mute," "dumbass," and "u sriously need help" aren't creditable as informed political commentary from someone who insists that commentary is more informed by virtue of professional experience? Probably because retorting that someone with a counterpoint or different perspective is a "dumbass" doesn't reflect substantive critical thinking skills? 

Also, just because Ramona doesn't agree with Carole's hallowed ABC-pedigreed point of view doesn't mean she is necessarily a Trump supporter. Ramona said she wasn't supporting either candidate which is itself a choice/judgment call. I'm not sure how this inherently suggests she (or those who made similar decisions, or those who might disagree with Carole on a specific point but still voted for Hillary, etc)  is a Breitbart reader. 

Again, this is part of a pattern as far as Carole is concerned IMO with respect to her, yes, apparently ill informed grasp on American Indian self-identification, misogyny, shaming people for biological feature and their bodies, the Occupy movement, and whether or not she is a one percenter. 

48 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

I cannot locate this particular "electoral college" definition anywhere.

Carole said "obviously, she wins in a landslide."

To win, she by definition has to win the electoral college. 

I'm not sure how this is even debatable. 

Edited by lunastartron
  • Love 9
7 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

It's interesting as some here think Tinsley is paying rent to Sonja. Though I don't think that has even been stated on the show. (I don't think Lu was paying rent, either). I believe Tinsley (and to a much lesser extent Lu - I think she needed a place to stay) is staying at Sonja's as it is producer driven and a way to introduce her to the show. In any case though Tinsley is obviously being paid as a FT HW, so should be able to spring for a hotel room. 

That said, I still find it mind boggling that she (and Lu) would drag random guys back to Sonja's to spend the night.  She is not a roommate, sharing an apartment that they are both paying for which would be neutral territory. This is Sonja's home. Even worse to me than when Lu and I think Ramona  dragged men back to the house that the ladies were sharing on vacation. Both Lu and Tinsley have shown to have questionable taste in men. (Lu with that Rey guy who seemed rather unhinged, among others. Tinsley's last relationship which landed her in jail was full of domestic abuse, by all accounts). Tinsley needs to take Lu's advice and find a man (ala Tom) who likes a damsel in distress. And owns his own bed. In the meantime,  if Tinsley is that hard up, she can forage in Sonja's dishwasher for a companion. 

Do you remember the season Luanne was "looking" for an apartment to rent in the city? I don't think she was actually serious because she couldn't afford it.

As for Tinsley, the stories about her and her ex - reminded me of that time Anne Heche was dating Ellen D and she was wandering down the road naked and talking about spaceships. The Tinsley newspaper articles had the same vibe - like high on pcp or angel dust and throw in the domestic violence from both ends

• Love 1
4 hours ago, queenjen said:

On Carole and her cats. I'm more concerned about her not knowing what sex they are. At the same time, I was smirking about it, because if one or more are male, Carole is sure going to know about it soon enough. Unneutered boys are no fun when they start spraying round your environs. Not to mention the obvious: many more kittens than you now have.

They're from a rescue, so if they weren't already altered at that point and she was just fostering them, they will be before the adoption is finalized. 

Edited by Feline Goddess
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, ryebread said:

Sonja washing her lingerie in the bidet is odd but I don't think it's horrible or gross.

I could be wrong but she probably washes them in the bidet because they have to be hand washed.  If the bidet is clean and she uses it for nothing but washing her lingerie, (or her face!) what's the big deal? 

I mean, some people hand wash their lingerie in the same sink they brush their teeth in....

Not everyone uses their bidet.  I've had them in two homes now and I've never used mine for the intended purpose.  One of my friends uses her bidet for mopping. 

10 hours ago, Misslindsey said:

I found it amusing as well. I have a cat named A. Purr. My previous pets were a dog and cat named Pancakes and Waffles, so I was with you on the food theme. Who am I to judge? I do not care what people name their pets. My friend who was a Doctor Who fan named her pets whatever number the doctor was and his companion at the time. I do not mind people using the same name over and over. I do find Carole's three pets all named Baby a bit ridiculous, but overall I do not care.

I really do not care about Carole's couch. If she wants to keep it because it has sentimental value because of her late husband that is fine with me, and if she doesn't I am cool with that too.

I think that's a huge part of it--the sentimental value.  It is hard to let go of stuff when you unexpectedly lose a spouse.  I have several friends that are widows (my husband is/was military) and they hold on to all sorts of things just because of the sentimental value of it. 

9 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

Question. Does a bidet have HOT water?  Because that's what I've been told underware needs to be washed in. 

So much DNA if we are believing anything she says. Also isn't that bidet in the bathroom on top floor? She's probably not using detergent either. Gross.   On her hands and knees dunking in a toilet that you crap in and the non functioning toilet downstairs she's hit a low  

My bidets have never had hot water.  It is just an on-off faucet with no temp control.  I can control the force of the water but not the temp. You also don't poo in the toilet.  You use it to clean yourself off afterwards.  Where I live, we have both bidets and shattafs.

8 hours ago, ryebread said:

I've always thought Dorinda was gutter rat-ish.  I never saw the pretty.  Handsome on a good day, maybe, but pretty? 

I wash my delicates in cool water, but most bidets have hot water.  And FWIW, you don't crap in a bidet.  It's just to rinse after you've used toilet paper over the toilet.

My bidets have never had temp control.  

1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

The fabric is on sale!!!!  https://www.decoratorsbest.com/p-lee-jofa-silk-tiger-velvet-oro-fabric-9823.aspx

It looked to me as if Carole had other fabric samples.  Carole just doesn't seem to be the type to drop $30-$50k on reupholstering her couch.  She should save some of the less worn fabric and make a couple of pillows.  It just seems odd to see her with a sofa with tears in it.

Ah, silk...  I'm surprised that couch held up as long as it did.  Silk just doesn't really hold up that well as an upholstery fabric.  

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, Feline Goddess said:

They're from a rescue, so if they weren't already altered at that point and she was just fostering them, they will be before the adoption is finalized. 

Her kitten last season was a foster, these 2 are hers.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Do you remember the season Luanne was "looking" for an apartment to rent in the city? I don't think she was actually serious because she couldn't afford it.

Wasn't that at the same time she was living with Sonja? I thought it was just for show and didn't think she was serious either. 

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, diadochokinesis said:

Not everyone uses their bidet.  I've had them in two homes now and I've never used mine for the intended purpose.  One of my friends uses her bidet for mopping. 

i used mine to wash my feet. 

Regarding Carole's use of terms like 'dumbass' when debating politics: I think the nature of the forum ie. Twitter may have something to do with it. Just saying. Unpleasant, but users become familiar with all sorts of shorthand when dealing with character limit.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

Dorinda . . WTeverlovingF?  That was BEYOND tacky.  Handle your shit in private.  I would have mortified if I was a guest at this dinner.  Was D high on something?  Coming down off something?   There is no excuse for this fuckery. 

I did note Carole's smile during this shit storm.  You know she was wishing she had popcorn for this.  I will have this same expression during the start of next week's show, where we kick off her election party. I honestly cannot wait to see her meltdown.  I am putting this on my calendar to watch live. 

Carole - - you can't even attend a dinner party without toasting to the election?  Can you not go anywhere without calling Bethenny?  You name all your pets "Baby" because you like the name?  "Shacking up" is sexy?  Saying that Ramona is a know it all is fucking hilarious.  Pot, meet kettle.  Jesus.

Carol bores me to tears. She's just very weird( all the animals are named baby, and she doesn't know the sex? She will when they have kittens!) . I'm hoping Ramona shows up at her election party, although I can't see it being much fun. She dismisses people, as if her and her alone is the go to on everything election.  Maybe that was the problem witth MSM and journalist alike, dismissing people who thought differently. Adam, last season couldn't get off Skype quick enough with Carole, and who can blame him.It wasn't great timing for Dorinda to attack Sonja, but I like she doesn't hold a grudge. She was tired of things being said, and she let it rip! Bethenny holds one for years, that's why I call her bitter Bet. It was nice not seeing her so much,may that continue!:)

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, queenjen said:

Regarding Carole's use of terms like 'dumbass' when debating politics: I think the nature of the forum ie. Twitter may have something to do with it. Just saying. Unpleasant, but users become familiar with all sorts of shorthand when dealing with character limit.

This is exactly right. The limits of Carole's character is what makes her a vile and disgusting person.

She has really reached her level planted on a ripped couch covered in cat hairs and stains. 

• Love 8
7 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

It's impossible to believe that Carole is not better informed than Ramona about politics, which is the person she is talking about. I've never met Ramona, let alone spent 5 years with her, and I can say that with 100% certainty. People are very rarely informed about things they are not interested in. It's not a slight, it's just a fact. Ramona said herself she wasn't even going to bother to vote. So she doesn't really care. None of that makes Carole or her opinions or conclusions correct. She just knows more about the issues, which is not the same thing as saying that she doesn't also have personal bias about those issues. 

This was a crazy election with a picking the lesser of evils more so than usual...many people say they aren't voting for either when they don't want to argue...that's sad.

It doesn't matter...are all the people attending the party political experts or just in agreement with Carole? Did she survey everyone else?  Litmus tests upon entry?  Someone can't show up, and have a drink and mingle for a bit?  There's a reason people were surprised with the outcome, because people were avoiding friends like Carole if they knew he/she would get into arguments over politics.  Talk about a Debbie Downer.  Part of being an adult Carole is to not get aggravated with people who don't think lock step with you, that's diversity that you claim to care about...

It is like people saying the electoral college is outdated, because the outcome wasn't your pick.  We live in states and are not ruled by mob mentality. It has a purpose...

• Love 14
1 hour ago, IKnowRight said:

This was a crazy election with a picking the lesser of evils more so than usual...many people say they aren't voting for either when they don't want to argue...that's sad.

It doesn't matter...are all the people attending the party political experts or just in agreement with Carole? Did she survey everyone else?  Litmus tests upon entry?  Someone can't show up, and have a drink and mingle for a bit?  There's a reason people were surprised with the outcome, because people were avoiding friends like Carole if they knew he/she would get into arguments over politics.  Talk about a Debbie Downer.  Part of being an adult Carole is to not get aggravated with people who don't think lock step with you, that's diversity that you claim to care about...

It is like people saying the electoral college is outdated, because the outcome wasn't your pick.  We live in states and are not ruled by mob mentality. It has a purpose...

I have never seen Ramona shrink away from an argument. She will moan about the stupidest shit and always wants things exactly her way (deliverying an AC unit to another gals home who doesn't want it is one thing that comes to mind). She doesn't want to engage because she doesn't know anything about this, because she doesn't care enough to know anything about it. Not that she isn't perfectly qualified to learn all about it and be passionate about the issues. She just doesn't really care. Fair enough. Lots of people like that. Just don't pretend it is something it's not. My husband hates it when I invite folks who don't actually care about the game to our annual Super Bowl party. He hates the folks that don't understand it or ask dumb questions during the action. Criticizing what he thinks is a huge deal. I don't think Carole wanted someone who was only going to mock the entire process, talking about how neither candidate was worth anything, to be around on a night that was very important to her. Hardly shocking or the most horrendous reason that these gals have selected to keep another gal away from one of their events. There is actually someone on this show who cares deeply about issues that impact not only her, but other people, and she is criticized for it. I guess that is just where we are, which is what is sad. 

• Love 14
5 hours ago, queenjen said:

i used mine to wash my feet. 

I used mine to wash my feet too.  LOL.  I live in the desert and the floors get filthy if not swept and mopped daily (and even then they aren't always great depending on the build quality). Culturally shoes aren't worn in the house so it was a lot of dirty feet at the end of the day.

• Love 5

Late watching. Just got back from vacation late Wednesday night. Just had a few brief thoughts before perusing the thread. 

Sonja and Dorinda : Yes, Dorinda was loud and obnoxious and could have picked a better time and place. But....I kind of loved it. As a viewer, it was hilarious watching her throw out broken toilets and the Holland Tunnel of vaginas. Dorinda is fun for me because she can be so poised and classy, but when she loses her shit she really loses her shit. I also kind of like how she spews all over you and then moves on. That's much more my style than passive aggressive remarks and fakery and shit talking behind backs. 

Sonja and Tinsley : On the one hand, if you're staying with someone that you have friends in common with, I think it would be nice to give a heads up as to where you're going and extend an invite. On the other hand, Sonja probably doesn't invite Tinsley everywhere SHE goes....and she really needs to stop acting like she owns everyone. As if everyone is HER friend, and Tinsley is benefiting immensely from her connections. Didn't Lu say that she knew Tinsley socially from many years before? Also, why is Tinsley stuck in the kid's room and not allowed to bring guys back? Sonja didn't have the same rules for Lu, did she? 

Ramona and Bethenny : Bethenny should have probably formally declined the party, but Ramona shouldn't act surprised that she wasn't there. I don't get why she can't understand why B is mad. It's not because of talking about the soft-porn (or whatever it was); it was HOW she brought it up. Only a moron would think that Brynn would be hearing about this. Ramona was just DYING to throw the gossip out there, and she thought she could use Bethenny's daughter as a way of making it look like she's bringing up the topic out of concern. I saw right through that shit and Bethenny did too. Ramona is just vile. 

Ramona and Carole: On the one hand, I'm so over Carole and the holier-than-thou attitude she has about the election. On the other hand, she DID say she was inviting people from all over the political spectrum, so I don't think it's just Ramona's political leanings. I guess I'm just confused - did Ramona originally say she didn't want to come and now DOES want to come? Was she ever officially invited, or was it just talked about in passing. Carole really should have just said, "Change of plans", then maybe Ramona would have got it. 

Final thought - I was super distracted during the dinner party because of Ramona's dining room chairs. I swear my grandma and papa had those exact same chairs. I remember the holes in the backs from all the Christmases we had there in the late 80s/early 90s. 

• Love 8

Ramona said herself she wasn't even going to bother to vote. So she doesn't really care.

I think she said that because she didn't want to talk politics with Carole.   I felt like she was simply shutting down the conversation, especially with Carole's comment  "you don't even like/care about Hillary."WTF?  Are we in first grade?  Wah, wah.  You don't even like my candidate.  Carole went after Ramona because she knows she doesn't agree with her.  She just kept hounding her.  For the love of all that's holy,  just let it go, Carole.  Are you going to challenge her to a duel next?  

And she's not alone in her contempt for Trump, she is in the majority, so why are so many people trying to discredit everything Carole says?

Carole's problem is that SHE initiates the conversation about politics, but doesn't want to hear anything other than her "more informed" point of view.  She's very arrogant in expressing her opinions.  She said last night that Ramona doesn't know as much as she thinks she does.  Pot meet kettle.  In all fairness, maybe there's more to the conversation than what we're seeing, but I'm basing my opinion of Carole on what we're being shown.  I haven't seen Ramona walking around spewing her unwanted political opinions like Carole did.   It's annoying.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, diadochokinesis said:

I used mine to wash my feet too.  LOL.  I live in the desert and the floors get filthy if not swept and mopped daily (and even then they aren't always great depending on the build quality). Culturally shoes aren't worn in the house so it was a lot of dirty feet at the end of the day.

Woo, sister, i was in the desert too in a no shoe home when bidets graced my bathroom! Dusty and ashy took turns in the bidet, but never my smalls. I was more appalled by Sonja dropping her lacey underthings on the toilet rug. Just not done. how dreadful.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

So  you do your business use toilet paper then stand up and move to another porcelain seat and use paper again ?  ?  Don't get me wrong I think it's a great concept just didn't know the mechanics of it.

You use the toilet in the usual way, then you crab walk across to the bidet (you better have used toilet paper, or you'd be dripping/dropping!) and then you rinse. Also, after sex or, and this is contentious, Australians like to throw shade at Europeans for using their bidets as an alternative to proper showering/bathing: just rinse your privates and you're good to go. Not me, or anything, just reporting a cultural stereotyping that may be unique to this country. Places I've travelled in Asia, you get no toilet paper and some system, often a piece of hose, or a jug of water. Sometimes a western toilet, more often a squat toilet. We are so close to S/E Asia here, that we have signs in some of our public restrooms, diagrams, of someone squatting with their feet on the toilet seat with a big cross over it! I made sure I had kleenex with me travelling, and I wondered about people walking around with poo water running down their legs. I guess you have to learn to clean yourself in this manner as a child. Bidets were a rarity in this country 20 years ago. More common now, but still not widely accepted. Very continental, Sonja loves to show hers off, which other housewife can we say has one?

ETA: The bidet in my bathroom had it's own towel rack. But seriously? Who's going to wipe down their privates and PUT THE TOWEL BACK??? This always blew my mind, the design problem.

Also, we ARE seeing housewives like Luann this episode with the 'Rolls Royce of Toilets' which apparently costs a bomb and has the bidet function built in. Much better idea. There was one on the last season of Below Deck also, and Andy Cohen is supposed to have one. I've seen them on Million Dollar Listing too.

Edited by queenjen
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I have never seen Ramona shrink away from an argument. She will moan about the stupidest shit and always wants things exactly her way (deliverying an AC unit to another gals home who doesn't want it is one thing that comes to mind). She doesn't want to engage because she doesn't know anything about this, because she doesn't care enough to know anything about it. Not that she isn't perfectly qualified to learn all about it and be passionate about the issues. She just doesn't really care. Fair enough. Lots of people like that. Just don't pretend it is something it's not. My husband hates it when I invite folks who don't actually care about the game to our annual Super Bowl party. He hates the folks that don't understand it or ask dumb questions during the action. Criticizing what he thinks is a huge deal. I don't think Carole wanted someone who was only going to mock the entire process, talking about how neither candidate was worth anything, to be around on a night that was very important to her. Hardly shocking or the most horrendous reason that these gals have selected to keep another gal away from one of their events. There is actually someone on this show who cares deeply about issues that impact not only her, but other people, and she is criticized for it. I guess that is just where we are, which is what is sad. 

Ramona has never claimed that she doesn't care. So how can we say that she doesn't? Or how can Carole say that Ramona doesn't really care? Ramona never mocked the process - and believing that neither candidate is a good option is still a political opinion that has nothing to do with mocking the process or not caring. Carole isn't being criticized for caring deeply about something. It's about caring so deeply that she diminishes the opinions of others who don't agree or readily agree with her beliefs. It's been Carole that has escalated Ramona's differing input, not the other way around so it was disingenuous to say that Ramona was dis-invited because she may bring drama, not because she's a Trump supporter. Ramona was dis-invited exactly for being a Trump supporter. Bethenny would be the last person to validate Ramona's perception of Carole's political attitude if there wasn't some basis for Ramona feeling that way - that Carole uses her passion for politics and her experience to validate only her opinions and when someone doesn't fall in line - it's basically because they're ignorant. I'm pretty sure Ramona knows how an election works - the election coverage spells it out very simply anyhow...doubt she would be asking stupid questions. Ramona was able to read the room (for once) when she backed down after Carole jumped on her when she mentioned the FBI investigation on Hilary. A lot of people view politics the same way they view religion - it's something you can feel strongly about without the desire to publicly debate the merit of your beliefs. It's the reason why we cast our votes in private. It doesn't have to be anyone's business and because someone chooses not to engage in political conversations doesn't mean they aren't educated on the topics or that they don't care.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

Ramona has never claimed that she doesn't care. So how can we say that she doesn't? Or how can Carole say that Ramona doesn't really care? Ramona never mocked the process - and believing that neither candidate is a good option is still a political opinion that has nothing to do with mocking the process or not caring. Carole isn't being criticized for caring deeply about something. It's about caring so deeply that she diminishes the opinions of others who don't agree or readily agree with her beliefs. It's been Carole that has escalated Ramona's differing input, not the other way around so it was disingenuous to say that Ramona was dis-invited because she may bring drama, not because she's a Trump supporter. Ramona was dis-invited exactly for being a Trump supporter. Bethenny would be the last person to validate Ramona's perception of Carole's political attitude if there wasn't some basis for Ramona feeling that way - that Carole uses her passion for politics and her experience to validate only her opinions and when someone doesn't fall in line - it's basically because they're ignorant. I'm pretty sure Ramona knows how an election works - the election coverage spells it out very simply anyhow...doubt she would be asking stupid questions. Ramona was able to read the room (for once) when she backed down after Carole jumped on her when she mentioned the FBI investigation on Hilary. A lot of people view politics the same way they view religion - it's something you can feel strongly about without the desire to publicly debate the merit of your beliefs. It's the reason why we cast our votes in private. It doesn't have to be anyone's business and because someone chooses not to engage in political conversations doesn't mean they aren't educated on the topics or that they don't care.

I see it completely differently, but that is what is fun/interesting about this forum. 

• Love 1