Type keyword(s) to search

S29.E04: Another One Bites the Dust / S29.E05: Have Faith In Me, Broski

• Start Topic

I'm enjoying this detour - locks and royal doors. I know the detours are good when I can feel the tension. I guess I'm cheering the most for Ashton and Vanck. Even though they disagree and she gets snippy, they find a way to make it work and that's what matters for the Race.  I'm warming up to Liz and her partner (forgot his name). They were fast on the locks!

Free Sara!  Hey, Shamir should try for the Bachelorette, he'd be anybody's ideal husband.  Oh, oh, Heavy Metal should be fun to watch. Oh, Ashton, don't complain about Vanck's speed on Roadblocks. He did fine on the last one - third place is a good spot this early in the race! Redmond, go away! No one cares if you feel great. Logan's doing pretty good.

Brooke, if you're going to cry, CUT and CRY!!!! Nice of Becca to help Brooke - now that's a team that keeps a promise.

Good for Joey on making a good sieve!  Poor Scott, he's forcing himself to keep his mouth shut. Glad Becca and Floyd came in second. Oh, come on, Vanck, you're taking too long. All right!! He did it! In the meantime, here comes Shamir and Sara off the boat as the others are running to the Pit Stop. But since this is the fourth episode, it's probably a non-elimination leg. We'll find out in the next ten minutes! Ooo - it's not non-elimination!! Bummer for Sara!

I really like this Zanzibar episode. The tasks were challenging, there was sniping, meltdowns, teamwork, helpfulness, stress and a changeup of arrival order to the mat.  The only negative for me was Ashton snipping on Vanck.

Edited by Lamb18
  • Love 5

Matt & Red pick up where they left off...ugh..

Oops! Mike &  Liz totally messed up.  I thought Joey & Tara skipped something at first!

Chill out Ashton.  You're bothering me.

Shamir & Sara trying to regroup.  We'll see.... Wow! She says thank you in the native language!  I have never understood why the racers can't seem to learn even a few local words.

That lock detour was tough.  L&M nail it.  The door search looked much easier.  

Still loving Becca & Floyd.  Super lucky Scott handed over that key.  

And Logan&London luck out. ......

All that to bunch up on the ferry.  We're sorry Shamir & Sara.  Not.

The noise at that roadblock would make me insane.

Mike kicking it as usual. Vanck is just a classic nerd.  Brooke is the new Flo.  Very sporting of Becca to help her.  Debt paid.  Scott was stupid making her do  it. Well done Tony.  #1.

Will S&S catch up? Not today. I really liked Sara tonight.  She was on the right track with the doors, just couldn't navigate her way out of a paper bag.

We owe the other teams for getting rid of them by helping Brooke.

• Love 2

Part 1:

The Lock Detour made me kind of want one of those chests with the secret compartments. 

After the bickering and fighting, it was nice seeing other teams giving Brooke words of encouragement.

I was worried that Shamir and Sara would be saved by a NEL when they were allowed to do the Roadblock. I was relieved when Phil showed up to eliminate them.

• Love 9

Samir was done with the race but wanted it to be Sara's fault, so he just kept letting her make the decisions until they were so far gone that they knew they would lose. 

Brooke is driving me so nuts that she is guaranteed to win the season. The teams picking at each other is also driving me nuts.

Edited by Christina
  • Love 9
36 minutes ago, Browncoat said:

Brooke should change her name to "I Can't".

So long Shamir!  I won't miss you!

Sums up my thoughts too.

Edited by Lamima
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Browncoat said:

Why on earth would you choose to find six things instead of just finding one thing?

Well, you had a map to those six things and you don't know how many things you'll have to look through to find that one thing. Think of the trunks they just searched to find one thing (key).

• Love 2

Oh good!  Mostly I'm glad this to be continued didn't happen on the last leg.

And despite the key thing, to which there was a trick, I still think finding one thing would be a better option then finding six.

• Love 1

Off to Alesund, Norway! Half-Norwegian here - have to get there someday!  Ashton and Vanck, trying to make it work. She gets frustrated, but she gets over it. It's a bunchfest to Norway!  Brooke, get over it! You can eat a fishy. She really should have been Shamir's partner. Floyd's so cute, excited about the helicopter. Nice to see Ashton excited about climbing! Go for it, Scott!!  It looks like only two at a time can climb up the tower. But there's two for going down, too, I think, at least one. I'd be more nervous going down than going up. Oh no, Ashton and Vanck left their packs behind. Crap!! At least they remembered soon enough.

Wow, that's some fire. Kayaking - my kind of detour! Oh come on Tara, listen to Joey! Yes, IT DOES MAKE SENSE!! There has to be one for each team!!! Why can't you figure that out, Tara? Go Ashton and Vanck! Goodness, those rockets are big. Major meltdowns this episode. It seems smart to take the car, we'll see if it works. I don't know if I could sky dive. Wow! Come on, Joey, don't give it away!! Jeez, Matt and Redmond didn't help them at all.  I don't like Redmond, but that climb must be tough for him. Guess it wasn't such a good idea after all. Yay, A & V are team #4!! I wonder if that elevator takes them up there. Funny if it takes them to the top of the parking ramp. Holy cow, Michael and Liz sure melted down. Like the discordant accordion music at the end - reflecting the relationship.

• Love 1

Man, there are so many passive-aggressive people on this race. I can handle one bickering couple a season but there are so damn many this season. Ugh! 

Still liking Team Fun but I think Tara and Joey might be my new favourites. She's fairly badass and he makes me laugh. Plus, I'm a sucker for Boston accents.

Brooke is super annoying (and her smarmy partner is no better) but I was amused at how she basically got other people to do the ladle for her. I swear that's how I got through 2 years of shop class in junior high, only with less whining.

I'm almost kind of sad that Wuss and Sara were eliminated. I kind of wanted to see him cry over minor paper cuts all around the world. It was funny how she seemed to be in a great mood once they realized they were in last place. She was probably thrilled to get away from him.

Thank you Amazing Editors for showing us the bonfire. I wanted to see it burn too!

The 2nd leg was really poorly designed though. There's no way a Fast Forward, done cleanly with no mistakes, should take longer than the entire leg.

Edited by Rachel RSL
  • Love 21

Part 2:

Becca and Floyd get the Fast Forward, and the luxury of driving to the Pit Stop, but only managed 3rd?  What the hell happened?

I wanted to give Brooke the benefit of the doubt after the previous episode, but after the fish task? Girl, get a grip.

While I know I can only expect so much harmony from total strangers, this bunch needs to tone down the bickering. Especially Ashton.

Yuck to Joey putting that wet clue in his mouth. Why not put it in your pocket?

You got the NEL, Liz and Michael. Settle down and regroup. It's likey show editing Anda deception, since It would be silly to quit now.

The scenery in both countries was quite interesting, I have to say.

Edited by InDueTime
  • Love 2

I'm tickled that Team Fun had the Fast Forward and ended up Team 3. But they got to skydive, so I guess that is a decent enough trade off.

Killer fatigue is showing. 

Ashton needs to stop talking shit in Vanck's face.  So rude.

Brooke's screeching is getting on my nerves. Poor Scott!

• Love 18

This was not a good 120 minutes. Poor choices, poor leg design, poor just about everything. Only real winners are Becca & Floyd. And Phil. And Sara.

At least Shamir is out. He's probably a nice guy, but he was the second-most negative person in the game. And he probably would've killed himself if he lasted three more legs.

Who won the legs? Tara & Joey? I can't retain names this season? They seem nice. They didn't slam into the ground at Mach 3 like Liz & Michael. Aside from getting a laugh at "magic paper," they were not fun to watch.

If you do everything right on a Fast Forward, and you're in the lead  when you go for it, you should win the leg. I know, not guaranteed, and there was no prize at the end, but I feel a little bad for Team Fun. At least Becca didn't try to murder Floyd with the Fun Meter. Progress?

With Shamir gone, Brooke is the biggest pain. Like watching Flo all over again. Then again, Flo would've made Zach make the ladle. The judges probably went "fuck it" and given her the clue.

Trolls or Starfire's relatives? I liked the rhymes, though.

• Love 5

Ep. 4

That Lock detour has gotten just about all teams stumped. I can understand them not pulling all the doors out because I would do the same because who leaves anything behind the actual door.

Ashton has reached annoying territory just as much as TeamBoys. Hopefully they just get over that shit and move on. Vanck

Brooke doesn’t have the strength for anything does she? She has no strength for lifting chests and has no strength to make ladles. She’s such a damn defeatist and a damn wimp. Why the hell is she in the legal field? I’m surprised court didn’t eat her ass up. I see why Becca helped her but Redmond & Michael shouldn’t have even bothered. Her going up to Scott to get reassurance was a big WTF. Poor poor Scott. OMG Brooks on TAR are defeatists because Brooke from Season 25 was a whiny ass and a defeatist.

Good job for Tara & Joey coming in first and Becca & Floyd in second. Becca really killed the roadblock.

I’m surprised Shamir didn’t whine and complain about burning himself. He probably did but editors took it out. Thank goodness Shamir is eliminated feel sorry for Sara though.

Ep. 5

Redmond you sexist asshole, men are just as dramatic as women so STFU. He doesn’t like drama but bullied Vanck and skipped other teams in line. He sure did use his angry emotion when he was U-Turned didn’t he? What a dumbass.

All of a sudden Brooke can’t run and now she can’t eat. What is with this woman? I’m surprised Scott doesn’t help her ass out of bed in the morning. I bet she needs help on how to make ice. Saying she’s not an elderly pathetic woman, fooled the hell out of me. Scratch that because I’m insulting elderly people. She’s more like a corpse, unable to do anything. Her getting onto Scott about climbing was ridiculous cause if I was Scott I would have kept saying “Ladle” to her so she’ll shut up. At least Scott doesn’t need help during his roadblocks. If I was him I would have went off on her by now.

A climbing roadblock, damn now I wish Shamir was still around so he can get his junk hurt again lol.

Michael was an ass but at least he apologized, I’ll give him that. They better be lucky that guy didn’t want to go through insurance or anything like that. Then he turned into an ass again when Liz kept making suggestions. He says he doesn’t want to make suggestions but gets upset when she makes them.

Does Floyd not know how to drive? I’m noticing Becca is doing most of the driving.

Logan & London are so under the radar as a team. They barely get any confessionals or anything like that. IDK if they're long for the game.

• Love 4

I forgot about the Express Pass. Why does Team Fun need the FF?  

Interesting strategy.  Now the XP is just a mystery in the ether

Vanck & Ashton, Brooke&Scott endless bickering.

Norway is stunning.  

Brooke still doing her Flo impression.  Shut up and eat your fish.  Then Scott tries to out whine her.  They can go any time.

13 stories 31,000 pallets.  Wow!  And the fire looks awesome

Figures Matt is a climber.

Sorry Brooke, Scott can't do every Roadblock.

I was hoping this fishing thing was really hard.  Crap!  Chill out Tara.  Don't collude with those axxholes.  Dumb move.

Norwegian trolls are cool.  That looks harder.  Liz & Mike meltdown.  

Smart move taking the car V&A.

I've always kind of wanted to sky dive, but never had the nerve.  Now I think I'm too old.

Amazing how long that skydiving excursion took.  I think it was worth it.  Not climbing those steps was a nice bonus.

Mike figures it out and then screws up bigtime.  Bummer.  Very lucky to walk away from that fender bender.  He could be a bit much, but I like him overall.  Going in the garage was the final killer.  They might have made it had they stayed on the road.

Saved by the NEL.  Quitting?  TBC...........

• Love 2

There are people who are obvious annoyances like Brooke, and her screeching, and Michael and his passive aggressive wrongheadedness. But, the team that really bothered me was Tara and Joey -- especially Tara, who would not believe they had the clue and literally gave away their potential lead to Redmond and Matt by sharing what they found with them. What total idiots!!!

• Love 18
9 minutes ago, Christina said:

The young man playing the violin at the pit stop was just staring at Liz and Michael like they had two heads. He is my new favorite person on the race.

Runners up are all the locals at the ladle making task.  The had some great reactions to Brooke and to some foolishness from some other racers.

• Love 11

Well, that was a weird pairing for a double-header, with lots of weirdness within.

The Tanzania leg felt like a NEL in waiting once teams were sent back to the mainland, and I assume that TPTB expected all teams to be on the same ferry fighting it out over the Road Block. Instead, we had the rare mid-task Philimination: okay because of how Sara and Shamir messed up the Detour, but teams at the front that rocked the Detour got bunched back with the pack.

The Norway leg was in a glorious landscape and had some breathtaking camera work (up to Emmy leg standards from early seasons) but everything felt choppy and messy from the initial shots of teams driving, right through all the tasks to the end. Was the FF meant to take longer than completing the tasks at full speed? Dunno, but it did. Was it okay to drive your car during the Detour to collect rockets? I guess so. Was there a preferred way to get to the Pit Stop? I guess not.

Yeah, something's off about this one, especially when the edit seems to be endorsing Redmond's view that male/female teams are suffering because emotions get in the way.

Edited by etagloh
  • Love 7
6 minutes ago, Stardancer Supreme said:

I'm tickled that Team Fun had the Fast Forward and ended up Team 3. But they got to skydive, so I guess that is a decent enough trade off.

Killer fatigue is showing. 

Ashton needs to stop talking shit in Vanck's face.  So rude.

Brooke's screeching is getting on my nerves. Poor Scott!

Ashton has removed any guilt I had for rooting for Redmond and Matt.  She has mistreated  Vanck 10 times worse than any of the trash talk Redmond gave him.  

• Love 13
3 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

The judges probably went "fuck it" and given her the clue.

That was my theory. When she was being all melodramatic and whinging how she just couldn't continue if they didn't accept it and wah, wah, her everything hurts, I said the guys would give her the clue just so she could get the hell away from them. 

• Love 6

Jeez, almost everyone got on my nerves in the first hour alone!

Ok, Brooke, you need to shut up. I get that the ladle task was hard. I know I wouldn't be able to do it. I like Scott now, and I am totally on his side. His partner's an Endless Complainer. Christ, woman, shut up and do the damn task. Everyone's annoyed with your complaining. It just got worse in the second episode. Now Scott has to carry her bags because she literally can't run fast enough. What is she good at, exactly? Scott's conquering of heights really made me smile. Good on him for getting over his fear enough to do the task!

Tara/Joey are easily my favourites. I love the thing Joey said about her being able to take his own stress and tell him to shut up. It seems like he takes that in stride and they just get on with it. However, damn, I wouldn't have told Matt/Redmond anything. I would have taken my clue and started asking people around first. At the very least, don't read what's off the back of your clue if there's confusion about if the other team even HAS the clue. Also, you know these guys are untrustworthy to helping you out later on. I'll be pleasantly surprised if they return the favor, because Joey REALLY helped them out and secured them 2nd place.

London/Logan are great too because they've had minimal drama. London's facial expressions are awesome. Between this team and Tara/Joey, it does make watching the episodes more pleasant. We need two drama-free teams. 

Liz/Michael fell apart in the second episode and now I am so good if they fall behind. I was sympathizing with Michael. I laughed at the "magic paper" rant. Liz was being totally irrational and stupid, at least from the way she was describing things. Also, they probably would have benefited from parking at the park at running up earlier. Maybe; the edit made it seem that way, unless they really were behind.

Vanck/Ashton are back to their dysfunctional relationship. Man, I feel bad for poor Vanck. He has to hear his own teammate shit talk about him. Like you're some catch, Ashton.

Redmond, you're still a dick. Their talking heads just irk me a lot. Matt's not too bad, but he's stuck with his partner so the dislike kind of seeps onto him. However, not hating them as much as I have the last two legs. 

Team Fun! Becca got back in my good graces here. They're great and their enthusiasm is fantastic. I love how excited Becca was to do the skydiving. I think is sucks because getting TO the Fast Forward took seemingly 30+ minutes, and then after you get the full lesson on skydiving, get back in the helicopter, go to the designated jump spot, jump, and then get to the ground, get unhooked, get the clue, and get back in the car to drive to the town where all the other teams are, of course they weren't going to win it. I think the FF should NOT have been for this leg. If it takes longer to complete the FF than it is to complete the Detour, then there's an issue.

Shamir/Sara got eliminated, which is no surprise. They've been at the very back of the pack since the start. I'll miss Sara, but not Shamir. He seemed surprised that a woman wasn't listening to him.

• Love 4

Going with individual likeability in the spirit of the season:

1) London - the coolest person left, I think.  By a pretty large margin.  Kind of reminds me of Kris (of & Jon).  Enthusiastic about stuff, keeps her head pretty level.  Probably not the map reader she was though.

2) Tara - Has moments of weirdness, like with the fishing clue tonight, but overall a basically appealing person.

3) Floyd - Again, enthusiastic, hasn't been a dick.  Losing the passport is demerit, but amiably dumb gets you pretty high here.

4) Joey - Speaking of amiably dumb.  I appreciated that he was acting like a meathead but did manage to apologize and acknowledge when Tara was right despite that.  That team is kind of appealing, but not brilliant.

5) Logan - Using "female" to refer to the woman who helped them in Zanzibar hurt his stock.  That's almost always a flashing asshole signal, though he hasn't otherwise shown it yet.

6) Liz - She was considerably more in the right than Michael tonight, though there's some passive aggressive stuff there that bugs a little.

7) Sara - Free Sara!  She clearly gave up on her partner in the first episode, and frankly: fair.  That asshole deserved it.

(Likeable people ends here)

8 (tied) Vanck and Ashton - totally dysfunctional in opposite ways.  I'm a nerd and should probably side with Vanck but he's so cringeworthy.  It's like putting me on camera, but I think I'd be at least a little more clever than that.  At least I'd hope.  And she's controlling and running over him in a way that's not particularly appealing.  I think only my lack of sympathy for either one of them is keeping them this high.

10) Matt - is the guy who stands idly by when an asshole is being an asshole.  Not personally offensive, but the lack of a spine to stand up to assholes is toxic.

11) Michael - was much higher before the last half of the second episode.  Was a total asshole to Liz.  Early killer fatigue?

12) Scott - the king of passive-aggressive, but his partner is such a pill, I almost don't blame him.

13) Becca - still think she's incredibly fake.  At best she's the kind of quirky that is desperate for attention and that's gross.

(And the truly dire)

14) Redmond - an asshole bully who thinks hurting other people is funny.  Still hate him.

15) Brooke - listen Brooke, Flo was tolerable through at least like, leg six or seven.  You should not be channeling Flo by the fourth fucking leg.  That is too early to be Flo.  You do not want to be Flo.  Stop being Flo.

16) Shamir - HAHAHAHAHAH loser

Edited by enlightenedbum
  • Love 14

Ashton and Brooke...I hate whiners.

Sara did seem in a really good mood once she appeared to accept they were out of the race, and she would be free of Shamir.

Tara and Joey - good job throughout (even though she was wrong to urge Joey to show the lure to Redmond/Matt).  I didn't mind her moments of doubt.  Neither one of them let things bother them for long.

I'm guessing Team Fun were a little too laid back driving to the pit stop...probably assumed the Fast Forward did mean guaranteed first place.  But it never does.

Matt and Liz....could you have managed to be any nastier to each other?  Doubt it.

LoLo - solid effort.

• Love 2

Note to self. Never travel with strangers.

The couples are either likeable or truly horrible. There's no in between with this bunch. I think Phil wanted to throw a few of them off that mountain top. Ugh!

• Love 7

I am uncomfortable listening to Ashton berate Vance and say things about him right in front of him. What an ugly thing to do.  I cannot stand her or Brooke 

Overall I don't like this season. It stresses me to watch teams that have no connection to each other fall apart and fight. I just don't like it.

• Love 17

So... I guess we can't really call that a "Fast" Forward, can we? It could easily turn out to be a game-saver for them, just because of the wear and tear they avoided, but still... they took a helicopter ride, jumped out of it, and drove to the top of a big hill, and that somehow took longer than than climbing up and down a big tower, looking for six trolls or kayaking around looking for a special fishing lure (which all of the kayakers seemed to be remarkably bad at) and walking up the big hill? Unless we weren't shown something, there was some poor design on that leg.

But despite that oddity, I'll remember this pair of episodes for the whining and crying and disfunction and incompetence and arguing. There are notable exceptions, but this is turning out to be an annoying group of people...

• Love 7
1 minute ago, ByaNose said:

The couples are either likeable or truly horrible. There's no in between with this bunch. I think Phil wanted to throw a few of them off that mountain top. Ugh!

I think, after this race is done, Phil's going to ensure that a Strangers Season never, ever happens again. I may have missed the last several seasons, but I have NEVER seen Phil look so annoyed so often, and it's only episode 5! 

• Love 21

These two episodes solidified for me how much I truly dislike both Ashton and Brooke.  Both of them suck huge donkey balls.  Both are nasty to their partners.  Ashton is a pill.  She didn't get the good looking hunk that she wanted.  She got an Asian nerd.  Too bad.  Her dislike of him is palpable and completely superficial.  I doubt the reason why they aren't functioning effectively is because "we are so different".  It's because he's not the good looking (white) hunk that she wanted.  She's probably looking at Logan and wondering why she couldn't have gotten him, because I'm sure she thinks she deserved him.  Nasty woman.

Brooke is probably the most negative person on the race this time around.  Truly awful.  Complains about everything.  Can't do anything.   Scott has become one of my favourite racers this season.  Surprising, considering how much I disliked him in the first episode.  He has the patience of a saint.  He carried three fireworks with no complaint or difficulty.  He did the tower climb despite his fear of heights.  And he really is very tolerant of Brooke.  Free Scott.  Let Ashton and Brooke team up.

I'm liking Logan and London too. Very little drama.  Although I wish they would exhibit more drive.  

I cackled about Team Fun.  Loved their repeated comments about first place and loved their look of utter shock about being team #3.  This episode confirmed for me that Becca is a Fair Weather Fun person.  She was so happy this episode, completely different from last time.  

Michael and Liz... the true colours come out when they are not in first.  Hoping they get put out of their misery next round.

• Love 11
6 minutes ago, enlightenedbum said:

15) Brooke - listen Brooke, Flo was tolerable through at least like, leg six or seven.  You should not be channeling Flo by the fourth fucking leg.  That is too early to be Flo.  You do not want to be Flo.  Stop being Flo.

Amen five thousand times. I may break the mute button on the remote if she keeps up the noise.

• Love 3