Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media: What's Up With Her?

Culture Check: How can we come up with catchy or snarky topic titles and still remember the human behind the title? 

Please review the Primetimer Guidelines.

• Start Topic

23 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

I couldn’t see the picture you linked for some reason.   I dont remember if Whitney posted a clip or it was on an episode but I think she said Babs ate canned soup everyday, so I wouldn’t be surprised if the food was catering from the show.  Babs doesn’t seem like  healthy cook to me either.  I wouldn’t be surprised if she and Glenn ate out or ordered in a lot.

Not newly taken but newly posted and I never saw it before.  As always Chase looks thrilled

In my own personal opinion these two guys ruined her entire show, along with her bodybuilding career.  I miss her passion for dance.  Her life changed drastically when she met Ryan and then Chase.  I know people change, they grow up, and meet new people, but from day one, both of these men saw dollar signs in Whitney's eyes, and ran with it, and she fell for both of them hook, line and sinker.  Didn't we already see Whitney trying on wedding dresses when she was going to marry Avi?  Do we have to watch it again?  I can't believe TLC is not cancelling this shit show.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
57 minutes ago, texasbluebonnets said:

In my own personal opinion these two guys ruined her entire show, along with her bodybuilding career.  I miss her passion for dance.  Her life changed drastically when she met Ryan and then Chase.  I know people change, they grow up, and meet new people, but from day one, both of these men saw dollar signs in Whitney's eyes, and ran with it, and she fell for both of them hook, line and sinker.  Didn't we already see Whitney trying on wedding dresses when she was going to marry Avi?  Do we have to watch it again?  I can't believe TLC is not cancelling this shit show.

I don’t know, I think the show had run its course, if nothing else I think their appearance probably prolonged the show.  I really never saw her passion for dance, she basically did different iterations of the same move.  I don’t hate Whitney but she seems rather lazy to me.  I do think they saw dollar signs (more so Ryan), but I think Ryan has given her a somewhat legitimate business with this exercise site.  I’ve said before I think he does the majority of the work but she brought the majority of the people, so it was profitable for both of them.  I don’t think the engagement is real, but I also don’t think there was trickery on their part. I think all the participants on the show know what’s going on.  If it’s a real relationship, it’s one that doesn’t particularly make sense to me.

• Love 14
3 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

I don’t know, I think the show had run its course, if nothing else I think their appearance probably prolonged the show.  I really never saw her passion for dance, she basically did different iterations of the same move.  I don’t hate Whitney but she seems rather lazy to me.  I do think they saw dollar signs (more so Ryan), but I think Ryan has given her a somewhat legitimate business with this exercise site.  I’ve said before I think he does the majority of the work but she brought the majority of the people, so it was profitable for both of them.  I don’t think the engagement is real, but I also don’t think there was trickery on their part. I think all the participants on the show know what’s going on.  If it’s a real relationship, it’s one that doesn’t particularly make sense to me.

Yeah they may have seen dollar signs, but she's the one who saw new stories for her show.  If she had a real "passion for dance" she could do BGDC once a week in addition to her grueling 20 minute daily workouts that Ryan does all the work for.

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
16 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

I agree with all of this.  I think Ryan and Chase were brought in to prolong the show which was dry as a bone as far as material.  Twit liked to dance but  I wouldn't say it was a passion.  More than anything I think Twit loves attention and this show gives her a lot of it so she will do what she has to to keep it going. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, SevenCostanza said:

I agree with all of this.  I think Ryan and Chase were brought in to prolong the show which was dry as a bone as far as material.  Twit liked to dance but  I wouldn't say it was a passion.  More than anything I think Twit loves attention and this show gives her a lot of it so she will do what she has to to keep it going. 

I agree.  When you're passionate about something,  you find a way to do it more and more creatively......not same old moves.

Plus Twit would have been more motivated to get healthier or work harder on her flexibility to actually perform the moves rather than half-assing them. 

What dancer/athlete uses the excuse of her large stomach getting in the way for not being able to execute moves correctly, i.e., in a way so as NOT to injure oneself.?

Quick, name one passionate dancer whose cannot tie her own shoes?

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I never saw her with a passion for dance. Never really even saw her dance...

The video  that started  this whole thing was  not bad. However,  the older and fatter  she has become,  the more her "dancing " has become  "waddle,  waddle,  flail her arms, wiggle her  ass, touch herself. " 

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
23 minutes ago, Colleenna said:

The video  that started  this whole thing was  not bad. However,  the older and fatter  she has become,  the more her "dancing " has become  "waddle,  waddle,  flail her arms, wiggle her  ass, touch herself. " 

Flip her hair...

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I wish Ryan was a bit better looking and more likable...

He's so annoying that I don't even enjoy him shitting on Twitney.... well maybe a little but I'd like to enjoy it more 😋

The whole thing with the HAT and NO HAT is creepy too.... it's like 2 different dorks.. his face reminds me of a pekingese

ryandog.gif

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

Chase answering why they are not living together although it explains maybe why they are not together now, but doesn’t explain the 6 months prior 

Original  poster asks: WHY ARE YOU TWO NOT LIVING TOGETHER!!???? Happy birthday 🎂 🎉 Whitney!!!

182EFB70-9C8E-45B0-87AC-9EEBFEEA0C4E.thumb.jpeg.ad818327ffb1d2f1860978949f46c390.jpeg

Edited by Irate Panda
  • LOL 2
3 hours ago, SevenCostanza said:

Twit's feeling sorry for herself on her birthday.  I like how she listed her fiance last on her list of people she wants to be with. 

I know it’s Whitney, but is there a reason she hasn’t washed her hair in 2 weeks?  I never had extensions, do they fall out if you wash your hair or something?

• Love 5
4 hours ago, SevenCostanza said:

Twit's feeling sorry for herself on her birthday.  I like how she listed her fiance last on her list of people she wants to be with. 

I just noticed that too.  She lists everyone (including Ryan) before she tags Chase.  That says a lot right there.  

2 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

Chase answering why they are not living together although it explains maybe why they are not together now, but doesn’t explain the 6 months prior 

Original  poster asks: WHY ARE YOU TWO NOT LIVING TOGETHER!!???? Happy birthday 🎂 🎉 Whitney!!!

182EFB70-9C8E-45B0-87AC-9EEBFEEA0C4E.thumb.jpeg.ad818327ffb1d2f1860978949f46c390.jpeg

whoa, Chase is also yelling back at the poster who used all caps to get her point across.  Why is he so defensive?  

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Irate Panda said:

I know it’s Whitney, but is there a reason she hasn’t washed her hair in 2 weeks?  I never had extensions, do they fall out if you wash your hair or something?

That's  just nasty.  It makes  my scalp crawl just to read that. Since I'm not  swimming,  I wash my hair  only every  other day,  but still.....

• Love 6

Like, she acknowledges that it is gross not to wash you hair for two weeks and then just moves on? You have other plans? Wash your damn hair, what the fuck is wrong with you?

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

What am I missing.  I thought Casey worked in a bar.  Is his bar still open? Who would go there?

• Love 3

Seems all the barnacles except Budreaux (as of now) have Whitney birthday posts, but my favorite is one of the pics Ryan posted

24316B5A-CF63-43A9-86E2-FD0BE4148AB9.thumb.jpeg.6164ad9dcc2dd958389c39809875551a.jpeg

eta: Mumbles wished Whitney a Happy Birthday in his instastory.

Edited by Irate Panda
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
42 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

Seems all the barnacles except Budreaux (as of now) have Whitney birthday posts, but my favorite is one of the pics Ryan posted

24316B5A-CF63-43A9-86E2-FD0BE4148AB9.thumb.jpeg.6164ad9dcc2dd958389c39809875551a.jpeg

OMG!! She must be fuming!! I’m sure she will laugh it off but there is no way she’s happy about this photo. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, Donut Bear said:

What am I missing.  I thought Casey worked in a bar.  Is his bar still open? Who would go there?

I thought Whitney said it was closed. They were suppose to film there right before it closed? Maybe he has a second or temp. job. I know where I live grocery stores, delivery services, amazon and Ontrac and many others are hiring and need people and so people who have work places that are closed are working other needed jobs. Does anyone know where he is taking the ferry to?

I’m wondering if Ryan signed a NDA, because if not, I bet he is either going to blackmail Whitney or he is going to spill all the tea and those pictures he is teasing her with once the show ends to try and extend his 15 minuets. 

• Love 2

Gwah gwah gwah Whitney.  Not only did I celebrate my birthday in quarantine but my brother died March 25.  Half of the family live in other states including myself and we had to say goodbye via a nurse holding a telephone.  Had to cremate and cannot have any funeral until this plague passes.  I made brownies by the way for my birthday.

Coronavirus - the new Ramadan

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, mytmo said:

Gwah gwah gwah Whitney.  Not only did I celebrate my birthday in quarantine but my brother died March 25.  Half of the family live in other states including myself and we had to say goodbye via a nurse holding a telephone.  Had to cremate and cannot have any funeral until this plague passes.  I made brownies by the way for my birthday.

Coronavirus - the new Ramadan

I'm  sorry to hear that.  Losing a  sibling is  hard enough without the additional burden.  Peace  be with you. 

• Love 8
7 hours ago, silverspoons said:

I thought Whitney said it was closed. They were suppose to film there right before it closed? Maybe he has a second or temp. job. I know where I live grocery stores, delivery services, amazon and Ontrac and many others are hiring and need people and so people who have work places that are closed are working other needed jobs. Does anyone know where he is taking the ferry to?

I wondered that too. Some of the bars around here are offering takeout/delivery food so I suppose his bar could be doing that too. Not sure where the ferry goes...

3 hours ago, Meowy said:

I’m wondering if Ryan signed a NDA, because if not, I bet he is either going to blackmail Whitney or he is going to spill all the tea and those pictures he is teasing her with once the show ends to try and extend his 15 minuets. 

Maybe not a popular opinion, but I can’t see Ryan blackmailing Whitney.  I don’t see him jeopardizing his career, facing lawsuits, and possibly doing jail time for whatever money that would be gained for photos of some dlist celebrity.  I don’t think he has any scandalous pictures (other than they are not retouched lol), so I think they’d be more inline with the goofy/unflattering cat mask pics.  FWIW, some of these people I really don’t get, but I don’t think any of them are actually horrible people in real life.  I think a couple of them are in arrested development and/or lazy, but that’s about it. YMMV, of course 🙂

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Irate Panda said:

Maybe not a popular opinion, but I can’t see Ryan blackmailing Whitney.  I don’t see him jeopardizing his career, facing lawsuits, and possibly doing jail time for whatever money that would be gained for photos of some dlist celebrity.  I don’t think he has any scandalous pictures (other than they are not retouched lol), so I think they’d be more inline with the goofy/unflattering cat mask pics.  FWIW, some of these people I really don’t get, but I don’t think any of them are actually horrible people in real life.  I think a couple of them are in arrested development and/or lazy, but that’s about it. YMMV, of course 🙂

I could  see  him writing  a tell-all  book, though.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Colleenna said:

I could  see  him writing  a tell-all  book, though.

I could see him “writing” a book (not sure how many people would buy it) but I can’t see him putting anything too scandalous in it.  I just honestly don’t think there’s much scandal/excitement behind this show, unless you count these scripted or exaggerated relationships and competitions.  Chase and Ryan are the equivalent of Cousin Oliver (i.e. random characters to postpone the inevitable cancellation). I wish there were exciting things going on behind the scenes because this 1 dance move and “road to the ring” ain’t it. TLC if you’re reading, more excitement please!  On a side note, if somebody does write a tell-all, I hope it’s Todd LOL.

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Love 9
On 4/10/2020 at 4:39 PM, Irate Panda said:

I thought this show ran its course 2 years ago and here it still is. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
On 4/14/2020 at 11:24 AM, SevenCostanza said:

I hate knowing the fact that she has a birthday 3 days from me 😒

• LOL 3
On 3/18/2020 at 9:09 AM, SevenCostanza said:

I thought this episode was pretty boring.  I enjoyed seeing Paris I wish they could have just shown that for an hour I would have been more entertained.   I'm not sure what I can say that hasn't already been said. 

I did like how Chase jumped in the back seat when they got back in the car after stopping to pee.  Yea he and Twit are so in love.   It's pretty obvious she'd rather talk to her precious "Dadwee" than spend intimate time with her "boyfriend".  

I didn't understand why Ashley and Todd's room had two huge beds and Twit's/Chase/Ryan's room had only one bed, or why the three of them had to share one room.  

This whole "we have to go to Paris to expand our business" storyline is beyond ridiculous.  Twit didn't even do the exercises during the shoot she just stood there making stupid comments.  I know I've said it a million times but you can find videos better than the ones they make for free on YouTube. 

Just like last year we had the gang on bikes with Twit's boobs flapping in her face while she screams like the asshole she is.

Oh boy next week is the  proposal we've already seen on the endless previews.  See bad acting at it's finest as Twit feigns surprise. 

On 4/14/2020 at 12:24 PM, SevenCostanza said:

Thank you for loving me?  Who says that?  I'm guessing some of those on the list don't love her at all.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I don’t even know where to start with this. Buddy drives from Greensboro to Charlotte to bring her food???? Not to mention I though her Mom came to stay with Whit so Whit could take care of her, but they need someone to bring them groceries from 2 hours away? She knows how to order food, can’t she order grocery delivery? It takes some work and planning but its doable. Is this her actually admitting that she is too high risk to go out and get her own groceries once a week (or longer since there are only two of them)? 

Edited by 3girlsforus
  • Love 9
43 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

I don’t even know where to start with this. Buddy drives from Greensboro to Charlotte to bring her food???? Not to mention I though her Mom came to stay with Whit so Whit could take care of her, but they need someone to bring them groceries from 2 hours away? She knows how to order food, can’t she order grocery delivery? It takes some work and planning but its doable. Is this her actually admitting that she is too high risk to go out and get her own groceries once a week (or longer since there are only two of them)? 

No, it's  about her  being  too effing lazy to  go to the  grocery store.  I'm  allegedly  high risk (over 70 years old) and yet I manage to  go out once a week to buy our groceries for the week.  I'm  sensible about it --- I stay at least 5 feet from  everyone else,  and when I get home and finish  unpacking the  groceries,  I sanitize my  countertops and  wash my hands.  (Grocery shopping accounts for  more than  2500 steps....fitness  bonus)

• Love 8
3 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

Oye those legs🤦🏾‍♀️. Perhaps thats why she can't do her own shopping ? She can't risk standing on a line for too long? Look at that fat over her elbow. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Colleenna said:

No, it's  about her  being  too effing lazy to  go to the  grocery store.  I'm  allegedly  high risk (over 70 years old) and yet I manage to  go out once a week to buy our groceries for the week.  I'm  sensible about it --- I stay at least 5 feet from  everyone else,  and when I get home and finish  unpacking the  groceries,  I sanitize my  countertops and  wash my hands.  (Grocery shopping accounts for  more than  2500 steps....fitness  bonus)

Ugh - I don’t know which is more pathetic, that Whit is too lazy to find a way to get her own groceries or that she’s somehow managed to convince Buddy to make a 4 hour round trip each week to bring her some. 

I have been bringing my parents their groceries so they don’t have to go out, they are in their 80s, but I live 2 miles from them, not 2 hours. 

• Love 8
On 4/15/2020 at 7:43 AM, mytmo said:

Not only did I celebrate my birthday in quarantine but my brother died March 25.  Half of the family live in other states including myself and we had to say goodbye via a nurse holding a telephone.  Had to cremate and cannot have any funeral until this plague passes. 

So sorry for your loss MYTMO.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

Why doesn't Ryan bring her groceries, he lives very close? or Chase? he could blow his beloved a kiss and help out his future mother in law. 

Our household has some high risk conditions and my husband is the only one going out and does the curbside grocery pickup. He feels bad because the employee loads the groceries in your trunk. There is no contact, you pop the trunk , they load and you leave. Or she could do delivery. I would think  most of the delivery and curbside pick up would be safer then buddy delivering. Who knows if Buddy goes to 4 stores to try and find what Whitney demands, stops off at a gas station to fill up, runs in for a soda, goes through a drive thru, I think there is more a chance Buddy would do something risky, then a delivery driver or store employee following instructions. I bet it is her picky wants and only Buddy will put up with it. I bet each cat has a special diet, and Whitney likes certain brands. I will admit, it is hard to find one store to get everything at but just picking one has got me to try new recipes and foods. It also teaches kids to appreciate just getting a desert or treat and not asking for a certain flavor or item. I don't know if Whitney could be told, sorry you no chocolate ice cream, you can have vanilla ice cream or chocolate pudding. Buddy would be searching more stores. 

Grocery shopping is something I miss for the "steps". When I lived in NY, I would walk to the grocery store almost every day. I did not have the extra fridge and freezer that I have now in a suburb. I do not need to lose weight but I started to develop arthritis in my hip and my PT said walk and suggested I park as far away from the grocery store as I could and walk like I was still in NY and try to go daily. I was getting my 10,000 steps in every time I went to the store. Now what makes me think Whitney got her mom a handicap pass after the stroke and uses it? 

• Love 8

That handicap pass could really be true...who would doubt the Twit would not want to get the best advantage available?

I count my steps and since "shelter in place" I have still gotten at least 13,000 usually more just walking inside...boring, but it gets the job done...my carpet may be worn out sooner...but I'm 70 so how long does it have to last??

Edited by Gramto6
  • Love 3

I think it makes sense she wouldn't go out, because at her size she's definitely high risk. However having Buddy drive 2 hours each way to come deliver food himself is just dumb. He's not exactly a slim guy himself so his risk is high too, plus he's going to be exposed getting gas so often too.  Just use a local delivery service like everyone else. A one time drop off for an emergency if they had trouble getting a spot might be ok but as a habit it's super wasteful and risky. 

Also where is Glenn? He's high risk too and shouldn't be going out to work daily, but why would he be isolating separate from Babs?

• Love 2
7 hours ago, silverspoons said:

Why doesn't Ryan bring her groceries, he lives very close? or Chase? he could blow his beloved a kiss and help out his future mother in law. 

Our household has some high risk conditions and my husband is the only one going out and does the curbside grocery pickup. He feels bad because the employee loads the groceries in your trunk. There is no contact, you pop the trunk , they load and you leave. Or she could do delivery. I would think  most of the delivery and curbside pick up would be safer then buddy delivering. Who knows if Buddy goes to 4 stores to try and find what Whitney demands, stops off at a gas station to fill up, runs in for a soda, goes through a drive thru, I think there is more a chance Buddy would do something risky, then a delivery driver or store employee following instructions. I bet it is her picky wants and only Buddy will put up with it. I bet each cat has a special diet, and Whitney likes certain brands. I will admit, it is hard to find one store to get everything at but just picking one has got me to try new recipes and foods. It also teaches kids to appreciate just getting a desert or treat and not asking for a certain flavor or item. I don't know if Whitney could be told, sorry you no chocolate ice cream, you can have vanilla ice cream or chocolate pudding. Buddy would be searching more stores. 

Grocery shopping is something I miss for the "steps". When I lived in NY, I would walk to the grocery store almost every day. I did not have the extra fridge and freezer that I have now in a suburb. I do not need to lose weight but I started to develop arthritis in my hip and my PT said walk and suggested I park as far away from the grocery store as I could and walk like I was still in NY and try to go daily. I was getting my 10,000 steps in every time I went to the store. Now what makes me think Whitney got her mom a handicap pass after the stroke and uses it? 

Because Twit is lazy.

Because delivering groceries is not in Ryan's contract. 

Because Buddy always needs extra cash.

Because Twit wants to keep Buddy on a $ leash.

Because Chase is a fake fiance and,  again,  not in the TLC contract,  so he gets a break from Twit's paws. 

Because Twit is too lazy to walk to the curb.

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
9 hours ago, alabetser said:

I think it makes sense she wouldn't go out, because at her size she's definitely high risk. However having Buddy drive 2 hours each way to come deliver food himself is just dumb. He's not exactly a slim guy himself so his risk is high too, plus he's going to be exposed getting gas so often too.  Just use a local delivery service like everyone else. A one time drop off for an emergency if they had trouble getting a spot might be ok but as a habit it's super wasteful and risky. 

Also where is Glenn? He's high risk too and shouldn't be going out to work daily, but why would he be isolating separate from Babs?

Glenn is separate from Babs because he is continuing to work.  I have no idea why he continues to work during this situation though.

• Love 3

Glenn is separate from Babs because he is continuing to work.  I have no idea why he continues to work during this situation though.

I have no idea why he continues to work period. They seem to be in good financial shape. There youngest "kid" is 36. They are in their 70's, I think he is 74? so why not enjoy retirement. Not to be grim but his wife had a stroke, and that should be a wake up call to enjoy life and not focus on work. I also do not think his job is something that another person could not take over. He is not some special skilled surgeon like Dr. Now. It is actually a big issue in some fields of work, people working into their 70's and the next generation is not getting the jobs. I know it is a big issue in becoming a college professor. So many professors are tenured and love what they do and love maybe research and are working into their 70's and 80's. The new Phd's can;t get full time positions and are working as adjuncts at very low pay waiting for someone to leave.  

Maybe Glenn likes to get out of the house, or wants to be away? My dad was a doctor and when he retired, he wanted to get out of the house so he worked at a grocery store a few days a week. he handed his practice to the new young guy who he worked with for a few years and trusted. I live in a retirement area and there are many retirees (mostly men) working part time jobs just to get out of the house. 

• Love 6
48 minutes ago, silverspoons said:

I have no idea why he continues to work period. They seem to be in good financial shape. There youngest "kid" is 36. They are in their 70's, I think he is 74? so why not enjoy retirement. Not to be grim but his wife had a stroke, and that should be a wake up call to enjoy life and not focus on work. I also do not think his job is something that another person could not take over. He is not some special skilled surgeon like Dr. Now. It is actually a big issue in some fields of work, people working into their 70's and the next generation is not getting the jobs. I know it is a big issue in becoming a college professor. So many professors are tenured and love what they do and love maybe research and are working into their 70's and 80's. The new Phd's can;t get full time positions and are working as adjuncts at very low pay waiting for someone to leave.  

Maybe Glenn likes to get out of the house, or wants to be away? My dad was a doctor and when he retired, he wanted to get out of the house so he worked at a grocery store a few days a week. he handed his practice to the new young guy who he worked with for a few years and trusted. I live in a retirement area and there are many retirees (mostly men) working part time jobs just to get out of the house. 

They probably need the money.

1 hour ago, Donut Bear said:

They probably need the money.

Really? Glenn has working a professional upper level management job for and has been working for over 50 years. I would assume that house is long paid off, retirement savings is there, they can get Medicare and a Medigap which beats most company plans. I hope he is not still working to pay for those kids bills. The way Whitney talks about her dad and his binders and organization skills and how much advice he gives her on saving money and planning, I just do not think he was someone that needs to work at 74 for himself and his wife at least. 

2 hours ago, silverspoons said:

Really? Glenn has working a professional upper level management job for and has been working for over 50 years. I would assume that house is long paid off, retirement savings is there, they can get Medicare and a Medigap which beats most company plans. I hope he is not still working to pay for those kids bills. The way Whitney talks about her dad and his binders and organization skills and how much advice he gives her on saving money and planning, I just do not think he was someone that needs to work at 74 for himself and his wife at least. 

You just never know. People can appear to be financially well off but be living on credit or from (relatively large) paycheck to (relatively large) paycheck. Certainly owning the home outright would be fantastic but they may have a second mortgage. If they paid college tuition for one or both kids, that was a big expense and I don’t think Babs ever worked so they might not have much saved. Even with owning a home, social security doesn’t pay a lot for monthly expenses if you don’t have a retirement account to supplement.

Or maybe he really does like his work and just doesn’t feel ready for retirement. I’m a long way from it but I can’t wait. Having said that, every person I know who gets close to it, has plans and seems excited still has a really hard time actually doing it. You spend the biggest chunk of your life working; it gives life structure and for some people it’s a primary driver of fulfillment and identity. That can be hard to give up.

• Love 5
40 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

You just never know. People can appear to be financially well off but be living on credit or from (relatively large) paycheck to (relatively large) paycheck. Certainly owning the home outright would be fantastic but they may have a second mortgage. If they paid college tuition for one or both kids, that was a big expense and I don’t think Babs ever worked so they might not have much saved. Even with owning a home, social security doesn’t pay a lot for monthly expenses if you don’t have a retirement account to supplement.

Or maybe he really does like his work and just doesn’t feel ready for retirement. I’m a long way from it but I can’t wait. Having said that, every person I know who gets close to it, has plans and seems excited still has a really hard time actually doing it. You spend the biggest chunk of your life working; it gives life structure and for some people it’s a primary driver of fulfillment and identity. That can be hard to give up.

I retired a little over a year ago.  I'm almost 66.

Thought I would work forever,  but several bad days,  or several jerks later,  I took ther plunge. 

Love it! 

Doing lots of DIY,  sewing,  crafts,  genealogy,  reading, book clubs,  church, volunteering,  exercising, yoga, clearing out junk, and I was traveling before C19.

I'm so much more relaxed and nicer to people too. Alot less expenses when you don't go out to work either.  

Being at home 24/7 recently hasn't changed anything except traveling. I do book clubs online and volunteer transcribing online for wannabe authors. 

Who knows what it is with Glenn?  Maybe Twit's mortgage is the culprit. Twit and Hunter aren't exactly hedge fund managers either, so I bet he's funding their "dreams" as well.

My son was doing fine as a popular restaurant's manager but it closed as C19 went on.  He is getting unemployment hoping for them to open again. Otherwise,  he said he plans to apply at groceries or post office.

Edited by Tosia
  • Love 4