Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media: What's Up With Her?

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we come up with catchy or snarky topic titles and still remember the human behind the title? 

Please review the Primetimer Guidelines.

• Start Topic

I pretty much can guess she had a somewhat big following with other larger women/girls from her show, they probably saved up all year or longer to take this what they thought was a fantastic cruise with the oh so senshul Whitney and hunka burning love Buddy - what they got was a stinkey greasy Whitney who napped most days, was not nice to any fans and Buddy probably off in the corner downing a jack & coke. If people were paying about 500.00 more on average than a regular cruiser in the same cabin, I  bet they felt like it was a rip off and probably left hungry 

• Love 7

I enjoyed a couple of comments about this 8-yr-old dance video. One said neither had dance talent & her 10-yr-old niece had the same skills. The best comment was succinct: "Same moves."

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
(edited)
59 minutes ago, Dot said:

I enjoyed a couple of comments about this 8-yr-old dance video. One said neither had dance talent & her 10-yr-old niece had the same skills. The best comment was succinct: "Same moves."

I know the poster didn’t mean it this way - but I loved the comment that said ‘you are looking so much thinner’. That really means ‘you are so much fatter now’ LOL

Edited by 3girlsforus
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
(edited)

Has anyone ever tried the workouts Whitney posts with Ryan?  I personally don’t see much of a change in Whitney’s appearance (I know I know, she’s not trying to lose weight) I’d like to know if the workouts are “bad” or Whitney is just half-assing it as normal or both. FWIW I don’t think  Ryan is worse than Jessica.

Edited by Irate Panda
Man, I was tired when I wrote that!
  • Love 3
On 5/30/2019 at 3:53 PM, Dot said:

I won’t lie...I did giggle when I got to the “same moves” comment.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
On 5/30/2019 at 4:18 PM, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Wow 8 years and has not learned a new dance move ?  Interesting that she looks smaller then. She isn't posting much new and exciting and dare I say fabulousness on instagram it seems - regurgitating old crap over and over again -  

From what I've seen, and recall from the shows, she's never supported herself with her "dance career," so isn't it about time that she learn something that she can make a living at?
(In my day, my folks would have sent me to learn typing, at that stage.)

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
(edited)
On 5/16/2019 at 9:15 PM, Ketzel said:

There's a new clip on the nobsactive instagram site that shows Ryan demoing parts of a 24 minute work out, while Whitney does "modifications" that seem designed to eliminate the need for any actual effort on her part. But what most grabbed my attention was the "motivational caption" which reads: "From us to you— believe in yourself! Understand this is a marathon not a sprint and that there will always be good and bad days. Eat the piece of cake 🍰 and drink the WHOLE bottle of wine 🍷 because YOU earned it and love yourself for everything you are. " 

If any of my trainers had urged me to eat cake and drink a whole bottle of wine, that would have been the last he or she would ever have seen of me.

I think a lot of their audience, and Whitney herself, are not looking to get fit. They’re just proving to themselves that they can still kinda move and are not yet ready for My 600Lb Life. 

On that thread we sometimes discuss the folks who have been immobile for years due to their weight. And we often talk about how the FIRST time they couldn’t walk to the bathroom or roll over in bed unassisted or whatever, why wasn’t that the wake up call? Instead they just keep heading downward. I feel like Whitney and others with her mindset are telling themselves, hey, I’m not so bad, I’m still vertical and can wave my arms! Meanwhile many are, and have been, on a slippery slope of needing more and more assistance that typically sized people don’t. I’m not quite able to articulate the connection I see here, but I guess it boils down to the usual: she’s kidding herself and her life is not fabulous and it’s probabky only going to get worse. 

Edited by Tabbygirl521
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

I think a lot of their audience, and Whitney herself, are not looking to get fit. They’re just proving to themselves that they can still kinda move and are not yet ready for My 600Lb Life. 

On that thread we sometimes discuss the folks who have been immobile for years due to their weight. And we often talk about how the FIRST time they couldn’t walk to the bathroom or roll over in bed unassisted or whatever, why wasn’t that the wake up call? Instead they just keep heading downward. I feel like Whitney and others with her mindset are telling themselves, hey, I’m not so bad, I’m still vertical and can wave my arms! Meanwhile many are, and have been, on a slippery slope of needing more and more assistance that typically sized people don’t. I’m not quite able to articulate the connection I see here, but I guess it boils down to the usual: she’s kidding herself and her life is not fabulous and it’s probabky only going to get worse. 

My own epiphany came as a result of work. Returning from speaking engagement at a professional conference, I had to sprint my 200+ pound self about 250 yards from one concourse to another. I arrived at the gate wheezing like an empty Windex bottle. 

I joined a gym the next day. 

• Love 8
18 minutes ago, Emma C said:

This is just embarrassing.

Is that part of the 24 minutes someone might actually pay for?  Whit was so annoying this past season of MBFFL that I could barely  (hate) watch it for free.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
49 minutes ago, Cache said:

Is that part of the 24 minutes someone might actually pay for?  Whit was so annoying this past season of MBFFL that I could barely  (hate) watch it for free.

She always calls these “dance” videos either warmup or breaks but she doesn’t make it clear if they are warming up or taking a break from filming the workout or if this is how they warmup and break during the 24 minute workout. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, 3girlsforus said:

She always calls these “dance” videos either warmup or breaks but she doesn’t make it clear if they are warming up or taking a break from filming the workout or if this is how they warmup and break during the 24 minute workout. 

Yeah, I've been wondering about warmups, too. If they're part of the 24 minutes, it's a real ripoff. If they're not, how do the participants know they need to warm up before exercising?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

Has anybody ever tallied how many calories are actually burned during these nonsensical workout?

Well since unlike absolutely every other online workout program on the market, these guys don’t offer any kind of free trial, it costs money to see what even one workout looks like. So none of us really know what these workouts consist of. Everything she posts is vague, “warmup”, sped up etc. And i’m not spending $20 to find out. 

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Emma C said:

This is just embarrassing.

I just really don’t know what to say . . . If she were 1/4 as senshul as she thinks she is with these ridiculous moves (done for the public, not in private for a special someone), I would still throw up in my mouth a little bit . . . Oy God! 🤮

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
(edited)

Wow. What fakery. This photo is so blatantly retouched that even a fan calls her on it, telling her to quit messing around with the photos because if she wants ppl to believe everyone is beautiful, no matter what, she is diluting her message.

ETA: She shaved so much off her neck that it looks like her head is stuck on a pole.

Edited by Dot
  • LOL 7
  • Love 5
28 minutes ago, Dot said:

Wow. What fakery. This photo is so blatantly retouched that even a fan calls her on it, telling her to quit messing around with the photos because if she wants ppl to believe everyone is beautiful, no matter what, she is diluting her message.

Interesting picture.  Is Whitney standing on a box or is Chase kneeling? Because it sure looks in other pictures as if he's a good foot taller than she is at least.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, Ketzel said:

Interesting picture.  Is Whitney standing on a box or is Chase kneeling? Because it sure looks in other pictures as if he's a good foot taller than she is at least.

Yea something is really off about that. For that picture to be accurate hight-wise he would have to be about 5’5” at the most. Other pictures indicate that is simply not true. What I find weird as well is that the cars and the building in the background are slanted down and Whit and Chase aren’t. I don’t know how that happens.

I also find it interesting that she says she doesn’t alter her photos “to look thinner”. She doesn’t say ‘I don’t alter my photos” which is what someone who doesn’t actually alter their photos would say. 

• Love 8
8 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

Yea something is really off about that. For that picture to be accurate hight-wise he would have to be about 5’5” at the most. Other pictures indicate that is simply not true. What I find weird as well is that the cars and the building in the background are slanted down and Whit and Chase aren’t. I don’t know how that happens.

I also find it interesting that she says she doesn’t alter her photos “to look thinner”. She doesn’t say ‘I don’t alter my photos” which is what someone who doesn’t actually alter their photos would say. 

Who is Chase??

(edited)
33 minutes ago, Donut Bear said:

Who is Chase??

A friend of her nobs exercise class partner, Ryan. Whitney's been dropping hints  like anvils that the two of them are a couple, but hasn't been answering the fans who are eagerly asking her if they are a couple. My conclusion: Not a couple.

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 7

I don’t even look at the pictures because the comments are so much better. Random comments “WHAT HAPPENED TO BUDDY??”, “ARE YOU TWO A COUPLE, y’all should have kids!” “She no photoshops, she’s natty!!”  The new dude chiming in that they’re all idiots and go away haters. He’s half right.  Whitney protesting  she doesn’t photoshop, Heather talking about fake news.

Honestly the comments section is more interesting than the show.  I will say that Whitney’s face in relation to her body has never been as fat as it should be considering her weight.  I always thought most of her weight was in her gut and lower half.  With that said, I do think she uses at the very least filters on her pics which most of Instagram does.  I honestly don't care either way if she photoshops,edits,filters, manipulates her photos because it’s a given with most of Instagram.  I’m not sure if she’s mad because people think she’s fatter (shaved pic) or because people think she’s uglier (filtered pic).  

As far as the new dude, for her sake, it would be nice if it were real relationship because over the course of the show we had rent-a-boyfriend or whatever Lennie was, cousin boyfriends, passerby girlfriends, filtered face boyfriends, Glen’s friends boyfriends, and Buddy, who doesn’t know if he’s a boyfriend.  If this guy were a halfway decent stand up guy, it actually be quite refreshing to see a real boyfriend on a reality show.  I don’t know really hold out much hope but this guy at least doesn’t look like a slug like Buddy.  

I do wonder what Whitney would be like as an actual girlfriend in real life.  I have to believe she’s not the total turd she is on tv, if only for my own sanity.  I still believe she is in an arrested development for whatever reason and until she figures out why and how to do with it, she will never get her weight or life under control.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Ketzel said:

A friend of her nobs exercise class partner, Ryan. Whitney's been dropping hints  like anvils that the two of them are a couple, but hasn't been answering the fans who are eagerly asking her if they are a couple. My conclusion: Not a couple.

His IG handle is @severinbro7, which is how Twit always refers to him rather than using his name.

Because of her heavy makeup, I'd guess she's been filming MBFFL, which probably means Chase has a role in the new series as BF. It's been a long dry period since Lennie, and the fans are wondering why, if her life is so fabulous, she doesn't have a man. (Hence the heavy emphasis on Buddy last season.)

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Both Twit & Tal keep describing their visit to Wash D C this weekend in the same way. I hope to god the official GP organizers have not actually chosen Twit to have anything to do with their event. And I suspect this is like the Folk Festival a half-dozen years back: PMG (MBFFL producers) saw a great opportunity to use an event to involve Twit without having to pay for the venue.

Anyway, Jon is also along, which is healthy for Tal, viz., no longer spending his weekends with Twit.

Which brings up a Q I've had for a while: do you think Jon will be appearing in S-8? After all, it's supposed to be a slice of real life.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, Dot said:

Both Twit & Tal keep describing their visit to Wash D C this weekend in the same way. I hope to god the official GP organizers have not actually chosen Twit to have anything to do with their event. And I suspect this is like the Folk Festival a half-dozen years back: PMG (MBFFL producers) saw a great opportunity to use an event to involve Twit without having to pay for the venue.

Anyway, Jon is also along, which is healthy for Tal, viz., no longer spending his weekends with Twit.

Which brings up a Q I've had for a while: do you think Jon will be appearing in S-8? After all, it's supposed to be a slice of real life.

Sorry to disappoint but she claims she and Tal were “judges”. I didn’t know they had judges but between that comment and the video with TLC tv shirts it certainly sounds like she was there in some kind of “official” capacity. 

(edited)
1 hour ago, 3girlsforus said:

Sorry to disappoint but she claims she and Tal were “judges”. I didn’t know they had judges but between that comment and the video with TLC tv shirts it certainly sounds like she was there in some kind of “official” capacity. 

The Capital Pride Alliance, the group that organizes the Gay Pride Parade in Washington, DC, does hand out a variety of awards for floats in the parade. Here's a link  to the awards from last year.  The flyers for this year's parade mention a reviewing stand north of DuPont Circle, and a panel of guest judges, but I haven't found anything that named the judges.

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Ketzel said:

The Capital Pride Alliance, the group that organizes the Gay Pride Parade in Washington, DC, does hand out a variety of awards for floats in the parade. Here's a link  to the awards from last year.  The flyers for this year's parade mention a reviewing stand north of DuPont Circle, and a panel of guest judges, but I haven't found anything that named the judges.

Well if they were dumb enough to use her as a judge they probably don’t want to publish that anywhere.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
28 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

Well if they were dumb enough to use her as a judge they probably don’t want to publish that anywhere.

I made my point poorly; let me expand my point. The sentence construction both Tal & Twit use makes me think they were standing on a street corner, with the TLC film crew, "judging" the floats. That is, they were making judgments just like you & I might: "Oh, look! I give that float a blue ribbon!" And similar. I would hope no pride day committee would choose Twit to do ANYTHING. But maybe TLC gave them a big donation. And the fact that  @Ketzel can't find a list of judges makes me hopeful Twit got no publicity out of it.

• Love 4

I checked out the Capital Pride Parade website....neither TLC or Discovery gave a donation of any sort.  So I'm hoping you're right, Dot and this was Twitney standing at the corner of 17th and R looking like a moron.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

I hope you guys are right too but what a weird turn of phrase.... If she’s just standing on the street watching the parade it’s really bizarre to say “ we were judging the parade”. You say we are watching a parade. Assuming she wasn’t an official judge, that comment would only be made by a serious narcissist. She had to know a comment like that would make people think she had a role in the event. 

And if she really was an official judge - I’m not sure how to process that. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
17 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

I hope you guys are right too but what a weird turn of phrase.... If she’s just standing on the street watching the parade it’s really bizarre to say “ we were judging the parade”. You say we are watching a parade. Assuming she wasn’t an official judge, that comment would only be made by a serious narcissist. She had to know a comment like that would make people think she had a role in the event. 

But I again remind everyone of that folk festival in Greensboro in the 2nd or 3rd season when Twit made a big deal out of BGDC being "invited" to perform at the event. It turned out that Twit had begged the organizers to use the stage before the festivities began & when the organizers got wind of her claims, they made it a point to declare that BGDC had NOT been invited to perform. I'm thinking this pride judging might be be something like that, given the peculiar way Twit & Tal describe it on their IG pages. And now there's a video on Twit's page about the shots that were imagined & from what I can tell, she, Tal & the film crew were nowhere near the judges' stand.

BTW, Ryan is also attached to whatever they are doing in Wash DC. I guess we won't know for sure until S-8.

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

The way she worded it was "judging floats for TLC and DC Pride." Well, not sure I believe the second half --- since OBVIOUSLY she doesn't know the name of the organization behind the parade. And judging for TLC? Huh? It's not like TLC gives an award for a specific type of float.  More likely she's commenting on the parade and some of the commmentary will be included on My Big Fat Fatuous Lie. 

• Love 3
(edited)

I wonder how, if the producers were planning to make it look as if Whitney and Tal had some kind of official judging role,**  they are going to handle the fact that the parade was stopped by the organizers after all the chaos in Dupont Circle. I'm still waiting for an explanation of what the noises were, that many spectators and at least one reporter on the scene have described as sounding like gun shots. Oddly, Whitney is claiming that Ryan saw a shooter, but the police have said so far there is no evidence of gun fire.

** I, too, find it hard to believe that the Capital Pride Alliance would actually choose to honor Whitney and Tal??  Why?

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 3
49 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

I wonder how, if the producers were planning to make it look as if Whitney and Tal had some kind of official judging role,**  they are going to handle the fact that the parade was stopped by the organizers after all the chaos in Dupont Circle. I'm still waiting for an explanation of what the noises were, that many spectators and at least one reporter on the scene have described as sounding like gun shots. Oddly, Whitney is claiming that Ryan saw a shooter, but the police have said so far there is no evidence of gun fire.

** I, too, find it hard to believe that the Capital Pride Alliance would actually choose to honor Whitney and Tal??  Why?

On the news last night I heard that it was an idiot with a bb gun who pulled it because someone was disrespecting his girlfriend. 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Colleenna said:

On the news last night I heard that it was an idiot with a bb gun who pulled it because someone was disrespecting his girlfriend. 

That’s what the local news said too. He was arrested at the spot of the altercation. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Colleenna said:

Of course, Twit -- bless her little narcissistic heart -- put up a video on IG so that her fans could tell her how glad they were that she was safe even tho she was nowhere near the action. I'm surprised she didn't flop over, screaming, "I'm hit," to further insert herself into the action.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

That’s what the local news said too. He was arrested at the spot of the altercation. 

Oops. Tapped the wrong comment. Ignore this reply. 

3 hours ago, Dot said:

Of course, Twit -- bless her little narcissistic heart -- put up a video on IG so that her fans could tell her how glad they were that she was safe even tho she was nowhere near the action. I'm surprised she didn't flop over, screaming, "I'm hit," to further insert herself into the action.

Wasn't there a pop song a few years ago called "It's All About Me"? That would make a good theme song for Twit .....

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I was browsing Reddit just now and saw this:

... saw Whitney in person today and she looked smaller than I imagined she would be

I was in town for pride weekend and she and Tal were there judging some type of contest.

It doesn't sound as if they were judging the floats, probably something created by the production company.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Me from ME said:

I was browsing Reddit just now and saw this:

... saw Whitney in person today and she looked smaller than I imagined she would be

I was in town for pride weekend and she and Tal were there judging some type of contest.

It doesn't sound as if they were judging the floats, probably something created by the production company.

She's a lying liar who lies. On her IG post, she says that the police were saying there were no shots, but that Ryan saw it with his own eyes. She also claims they were told to evacuate DuPont Circle. 

Who wants to take one for the team and ask "for whom were you judging, and exactly what were you judging?" "Who ordered you to evacuate DuPont Circle?"

• Love 4