Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media: What's Up With Her?

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we come up with catchy or snarky topic titles and still remember the human behind the title?Β 

Please review the Primetimer Guidelines.

Β 

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

Wow. Nobsactive must be amazing. She burned 545 calories in 39 minutes. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

I call bs... A one mile swim at 1 mph (so a total of 1 hour) at my weight (about half of what TwitΒ allegedlyΒ weighs) burns only 450 calories. At least according to my Fitbit. And 1 mph, while not blazing fast, is a decent pace.Β 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Colleenna said:

I call bs... A one mile swim at 1 mph (so a total of 1 hour) at my weight (about half of what TwitΒ allegedlyΒ weighs) burns only 450 calories. At least according to my Fitbit. And 1 mph, while not blazing fast, is a decent pace.Β 

I call bs that she worked out for 39 minutes with her heart rate at 145 which is basically her target workout heart rate. If she can do that why do we always see her working out by lumbering slowing from one thing to another or laying on the ground?Β 

• Love 6

I don’t know about the 39 minutes part but wouldn’t she burn more because she’s fat? Β I bad with weights but isn’t she between 350-400 lbs? Β Wouldn’t she burn more calories because she’s lugging all that weight around?

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, SevenCostanza said:

I can't believe she's calling this little girl chubby! What the hell Twit?Β 

Bitch move, Whitney.Β 

I hardly every use that word, but youΒ deserveΒ it for that. You talk about not bullying and all this no BS campaign and you pull this? How do you know this kid isn't gonna see your wordsΒ and then go throw up her last meal? How many other girls are going to see themselves in the child you just called chubby?

You, Whitney, are a thoughtless asshole.Β 

• Love 11
14 minutes ago, SevenCostanza said:

I can't believe she's calling this little girl chubby! What the hell Twit?Β 

I watched the video and I think she calls the girl chubby because the child said, β€œI’m chubby too.” It doesn’t seem as bad if you watch the video, I think Whitney called her amazing too. Β I’m guessing Whitney used the word chubby since the child did andΒ to show her there’s nothing β€œwrong” with being β€œchubby”. Β Although Whitney is well past chubby it was the child who deemed them both that. Β For once, I’ll give Whitney the benefit of the doubt.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, SevenCostanza said:

Ok I admit I didn't watch the video, I just saw what she wrote and got really annoyed.

I understand, just reading it I was like WTF?? which is generally how I feel reading Whitney’s posts because they make little sense to me or are just preposterous.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

I don’t know about the 39 minutes part but wouldn’t she burn more because she’s fat? Β I bad with weights but isn’t she between 350-400 lbs? Β Wouldn’t she burn more calories because she’s lugging all that weight around?

Remember, 1 pound = 3500 calories.Β  3500.Β  I don't care how hard she's exercising, she isn't going to lose weight unless she eats less.Β  Exercise makes you feel better, makes you stronger, firms you up, but you cannot lose weight using exercise alone.Β  3500 calories, so easy to take in, so hard to take off.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
12 minutes ago, Mothra said:

Remember, 1 pound = 3500 calories.Β  3500.Β  I don't care how hard she's exercising, she isn't going to lose weight unless she eats less.Β  Exercise makes you feel better, makes you stronger, firms you up, but you cannot lose weight using exercise alone.Β  3500 calories, so easy to take in, so hard to take off.

I didnt mean she wasn’t eating more than she was exercising, I just meant she’s so fat that wouldn’t sheΒ burn more calories than say 130 lb me if we both worked out at the same rate for this dubiousΒ 39 minutesΒ because she’s hauling around at least 200lb more than I do.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

I didnt mean she wasn’t eating more than she was exercising, I just meant she’s so fat that wouldn’t sheΒ burn more calories than say 130 lb me if we both worked out at the same rate for this dubiousΒ 39 minutesΒ because she’s hauling around at least 200lb more than I do.

I did understand your point; I didn't phrase myself well.Β  FWIW, I think you're right.Β  Just like really, really fat people can drop weight amazingly fast when they're on the same diet as not-so-fat people.

I just can't pass up a chance to remind people that exercise alone won't do it.Β  It's an obsession of mine, probably because my husband insists he can lose weight with sit-ups!

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

@Irate Panda, as @Motha indicates, I did lose wgt faster at 380 #s on down then I did around 280. I don't know anything about the science of it, but it was true for me.

• Useful 1

So Whitney put up some Fourth of July greetings on instagram, and one of her fans asked, "So are you and Buddy an item???"

Another fan responds, "She can't answer that, but there are several pictures of her with her new boyfriend."

Another fan responded, "She will never tell as she wants you to tune into her show?"

Then La Whitney herself appears to say, "I'd love to tell her, actually, but my contract doesn't allow me to."

First fan says, "Aww,Β  I hope you are. . .Β  .I'll watch your show no matter what."

I guess the production company finally figured out she was spilling all the plot beans in advance of the previous seasons, and tightened up on her spoilers.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Dot said:

@Irate Panda, as @Motha indicates, I did lose wgt faster at 380 #s on down then I did around 280. I don't know anything about the science of it, but it was true for me.

Here's a little bit of the science: basal metabolic rate (what you burn by just breathing) is roughly 1 calorie per hour for every 2 pounds of body weight. At 380, you were burning about 190 calories an hour.Β 

At 280, you're burning about 140 calories an hour..... a difference of 50 cal/ hr or 1200 cal a day. So all other things being equal, the 380 lb person will lose about 2# a week more than the 280# person.Β 

• Useful 5
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Ketzel said:

I guess the production company finally figured out she was spilling all the plot beans in advance of the previous seasons, and tightened up on her spoilers.

Or she could have just been throwing out those annoying teasers like she's done for years.

13 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

I watched the video and I think she calls the girl chubby because the child said, β€œI’m chubby too.” It doesn’t seem as bad if you watch the video, I think Whitney called her amazing too. Β I’m guessing Whitney used the word chubby since the child did andΒ to show her there’s nothing β€œwrong” with being β€œchubby”. Β Although Whitney is well past chubby it was the child who deemed them both that. Β For once, I’ll give Whitney the benefit of the doubt.

I admittedly did not watch the video--they always take too long to load. My bad!

• Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

If being fat is good or at least perfectly fine and losing weight is bad, then why is she telling us the size of the shirt she is wearing?

Because we are shaming if we ask if she’s losing weight and we are also shaming if we don’t care that she doesn’t have to shop in the plus size section anymore. Β I really don’t care about her weight either way other than I think it’s factually wrong to implyΒ being hundreds of pounds overweight isn’t unhealthy. Β WheneverΒ I’m appalled it’s usually because of her behavior or my inability to have her and Mumbles shoved down my throat as some sort β€œIt” couple. Β I do hope Whitney is really losing weight and getting healthy, only because I’m nosy andΒ would like to see if her personality changes and also what her fans would think if she got down to a healthy weight. Β Since it’s posting protocol IΒ wear an XS in that shirt.

Edited by Irate Panda
Edited to admit I’m just nosy
  • LOL 1
34 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

Because we are shaming if we ask if she’s losing weight and we are also shaming if we don’t care that she doesn’t have to shop in the plus size section anymore. Β I really don’t care about her weight either way other than I think it’s factually wrong to implyΒ being hundreds of pounds overweight isn’t unhealthy. Β WheneverΒ I’m appalled it’s usually because of her behavior or my inability to have her and Mumbles shoved down my throat as some sort β€œIt” couple. Β I do hope Whitney is really losing weight and getting healthy, only because I’m nosy andΒ would like to see if her personality changes and also what her fans would think if she got down to a healthy weight. Β Since it’s posting protocol IΒ wear an XS in that shirt.

(A) it still a XXLΒ  and (B) it's too tight on her.Β 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, Colleenna said:

(A) it still a XXLΒ  and (B) it's too tight on her.Β 

I’m skeptical that it’s an XXL. I haven’t tried on that shirt from target but if I can find ones there that are long enough for me there I wear an XL. I weight 190 and am 5’11”. I have a hard time believing she is only 1 size bigger than me at 100 lbs + heavier.Β 

• Love 8
5 hours ago, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

Something looks weird in that picture . . . Where are her rolls and why are her arms almost as big as her torso?

Seems warped in certain areas like the upper chest. Skinny app maybe? We discussed it in the Sister Wives "Mykelti" topic. If there's a doorway or background objects, you can see where the image has been elongated. Here, Whitney's arms and head look normal, but the rest of her does not.Β 

Wouldn't that be something, to catch her using an app like that when she swears she doesn't edit her photos? For sure she's not that thin in the middle.Β 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

Something looks weird in that picture . . . Where are her rolls and why are her arms almost as big as her torso?

1. ThisΒ is the shirt on a thin young woman. Note it looks the same on fat Whitney.

DB35DAB5-7870-4456-83E0-EB0416E157BD.jpeg

2. The black areas under her arms are solid black, and her torso sides are nearly straight. This is not explainable by lighting, becauseΒ also noteΒ that her right arm casts a partial shadow from light to her right. AnyΒ light would also highlight any texture on the black background object.

2F75142E-8921-4B9F-9B95-B2C8FEF2F1AC.jpeg

3. The two torsos she recently photographed outsideΒ are definitely not the flag shirt torso.

9E6D85D3-141D-4948-9F4C-68776CBACC4B.jpeg

3CDEDF22-A67D-45AA-9E6B-AA3078CBE7A6.jpeg

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, Dot said:

Me, too.Β  My top weight was 287, and when I figured out what I should be eating, I was dropping 1-3 pounds a day *minimum* until I hit about 220.Β  Then it slowed down.Β  I've lost over 100 lbs, taking about 18 months, with no exercise whatsoever.Β  I mean *none*.Β  I'm at around 170 and have to be sure I'm eating enough to maintain a loss of about 1 lb./week or I get weak and dizzy.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I just want to add that is Whitney really has lost a lot of weight, and it does seem like she’s lost at least some, it’s a shame that she’s locked herself into this narrative that it’s not something to be happy about. Working hard to lose weight and get healthy is something to be proud of. She’sΒ robbing herself of something she actually could be proud of as opposed to the fake dance contests etc.Β 

• Love 8
12 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

I’m skeptical that it’s an XXL. I haven’t tried on that shirt from target but if I can find ones there that are long enough for me there I wear an XL. I weight 190 and am 5’11”. I have a hard time believing she is only 1 size bigger than me at 100 lbs + heavier.Β 

Now that you’ve said that, isn’t Whitney like 5’1”? So you’re almost a foot taller and she’s a 100 lbs heavier so not to be cruel wouldn’t she be a lot wider? Since she’s not showing a full picture maybe she’s wearing this shirt like a sports bra. Β 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, 3girlsforus said:

I just want to add that is Whitney really has lost a lot of weight, and it does seem like she’s lost at least some, it’s a shame that she’s locked herself into this narrative that it’s not something to be happy about. Working hard to lose weight and get healthy is something to be proud of. She’sΒ robbing herself of something she actually could be proud of as opposed to the fake dance contests etc.Β 

This is one reason I want her to lose weight because I want to see how she spins this with her fans. Β If the picture is real it’s a considerable weight loss. Β If it’s fake, why does she bother photoshopping when she keeps saying she wants to be fat? Β It’s possible she did lose weight and it’s posting pictures out of time order, but honestly her thought process confuses me. Β I agree, if she has lost weight, gotten healthier it is an accomplishment, simply because it takes work and consistency to do it. Β Unfortunately, with her track record who knows what’s true?

• Love 2

I am so tired of ppl -- esp. Twit & her fat friends -- calling a two-pc swimsuit a "bikini." IT IS NOT A BIKINI JUST BECAUSE IT IS IN TWO PIECES. (Rant over until the next time Twit talks about her bikini.)

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
16 minutes ago, Dot said:

I am so tired of ppl -- esp. Twit & her fat friends -- calling a two-pc swimsuit a "bikini." IT IS NOT A BIKINI JUST BECAUSE IT IS IN TWO PIECES. (Rant over until the next time Twit talks about her bikini.)

Just be glad she isn’t wearing a real bikini

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

She doesn't even have to spin weight loss as a reaction to body shaming.Β  She is all about being healthy at any size and being able to do what anyone else can do even if she is technically obese.Β  We have seen her being told that her health is in danger (diabetes for one thing) unless she loses weight.Β  We could watch her losing weight not to attain some goal of xxx pounds but in terms of monitoring her blood sugar--i.e. check her blood sugar every week instead of her weight--or some other indication of better health.Β  She could dramatically throw away her scale and keep a record of how many pushups she can do as she eats a more healthy diet.Β  There need be *no* body shaming involved.

Unlike what she is doing now, announcing what size clothing she wears.Β  How does clothing size indicate physical fitness?

The sad fact is that Whitney, because of indulgent parents, has never had to work hard for anything in her life.Β  She does things that are easy for her (weight-lifting vs. cardio) and that she is able to accomplish fairly quickly.Β  She doesn't do anything that is difficult, takes a long time to master, or that she plain doesn't like.Β  Her parents, over-protective, have shielded her from the hard facts of life, and she likes it that way.Β  She will never lose weight through body-shaming, trying to become fit, to please a man--anything--because it would require an effort that her parents can't make go away.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Dot said:

No kidding. I would hardly call my two-piece a bikini --- it's capri pants and a tank top. Both are made of swimsuit material.Β 

Or maybe I should follow her example. πŸ˜„

• Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

Can someone tell me what it means to β€˜ball out’ at the Whole Foods hot bar?

I had that question, too! So I asked one of my neighbors, who is of an age and demographic that makes it likely and reasonable that he would be familiar with the latest in urban slang. (Unlike, say a 35-year-old white woman who was born and raised, and still lives, in middle class suburbia.)Β  He said he's only heard it used in connection with a baller making it rain for a dancer at a strip club.Β  He's guessing Whitney means she is going to spend a whole lot of money at the Whole Foods hot bar.** But if that's anything like my Whole Foods, where the hot bar buffet costs $10 per pound, plus the tax on prepared food, she can empty her bank account and still not overdo the calories. πŸ™‚

**I should add my interpreter thought my question was hilarious and that the use of the term in connection with Whole Foods was not especially appropriate as a hip hop culture reference ("Maybe one of the fast food joints, but Whole Foods??")

Edited by Ketzel
  • LOL 4
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, Ketzel said:

I had that question, too! So I asked one of my neighbors, who is of an age and demographic that makes it likely and reasonable that he would be familiar with the latest in urban slang. (Unlike, say a 35-year-old white woman who was born and raised, and still lives, in middle class suburbia.)Β  He said he's only heard it used in connection with a baller making it rain for a dancer at a strip club.Β  He's guessing Whitney means she is going to spend a whole lot of money at the Whole Foods hot bar.** But if that's anything like my Whole Foods, where the hot bar buffet costs $10 per pound, plus the tax on prepared food, she can empty her bank account and still not overdo the calories. πŸ™‚

**I should add my interpreter thought my question was hilarious and that the use of the term in connection with Whole Foods was not especially appropriate as a hip hop culture reference ("Maybe one of the fast food joints, but Whole Foods??")

Thanks for the info. A psychiatrist could have a field day examining the fact that Whitney uses urban slang that usually refers to strippers instead in reference to food. There is a thesis paper in there somewhere LOL.

And yes - our Whole Foods hot bar is $10 per pound or something like that. And if it’s anything like our Whole Foods, almost the entire store is full of things that could be healthy, but the hot bar is full of Mac and cheese, fried things, and other comfort foods. Maybe her Whole Foods is more like the other one near here that is 1/2 prepared food bars with all kinds of stuff. It’s like going to a restaurant. I don’t like that one even though it’s supposed to be the best and biggest in the country.Β 

2 hours ago, Dot said:

Β Where does Twit get these terms anyway? Maybe she has a Word of the Day calendar that teaches her urban slang?

Watching rap videos? Plus, she has to get "inspiration" for her "dance" moves from somewhere.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Dot said:

Β Where does Twit get these terms anyway? Maybe she has a Word of the Day calendar that teaches her urban slang?

Well, according to @3girlsforus, it's usually used in reference to strippers. The "dance" moves Twit uses (caressing her boobs, sticking out her tongue, etc) are reminiscent of strippers and porn, so I'm guessing that her "vocab" comes from porn movies.Β 

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, Colleenna said:

Well, according to @3girlsforus, it's usually used in reference to strippers. The "dance" moves Twit uses (caressing her boobs, sticking out her tongue, etc) are reminiscent of strippers and porn, so I'm guessing that her "vocab" comes from porn movies.Β 

@ColleennaΒ - to be clear it was Ketzel who first said it was a reference to strippers. That is outside my area of expertise LOL!!

But yea - you are probably right. She probably thinks that slang and porn talk makes her cool and hip.Β 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

@ColleennaΒ - to be clear it was Ketzel who first said it was a reference to strippers. That is outside my area of expertise LOL!!

But yea - you are probably right. She probably thinks that slang and porn talk makes her cool and hip.Β 

Makes her sound like a dumb fuck!Β 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

Do y'all think TLC will continue to keep this woman on the air in her 40s? I can't see that she'll change in any significant way. Is America prepared for a 40yo teenager?

• Love 4

Twit's weekly tease to drive her fans crazy thinking she has a BF. And what the hell is that caption supposed to mean? They watched documentary movies all night? Who cares?

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
8 hours ago, Dot said:

Do y'all think TLC will continue to keep this woman on the air in her 40s? I can't see that she'll change in any significant way. Is America prepared for a 40yo teenager?

Well I don’t know how long Whit’s been on the air at this point, but I think for TLC it just comes to ratings vs cost of production. Β They stopped being The Learning Channel a long time ago, so I doubt they care if they put out a quality product. Β I mean it explains why Sister Wives is still on. Β I think if TLC or Whitney would just stop pretending this is some sort of inspirational story I would have less of a problem with the antics on this show. Β Instead of β€œMy Big Fat Fabulous Life”, it should be called β€œI’m Fat and Get Paid To Do Embarassing Shit”. Β 

8 hours ago, Dot said:

Twit's weekly tease to drive her fans crazy thinking she has a BF. And what the hell is that caption supposed to mean? They watched documentary movies all night? Who cares?

I would guess it’s to let her fans know this guy was there the WHOLEΒ night. I don’t know anything about the guy, personality, job, intelligence,social habits, etc.Β althoughΒ he’s at least nicer to look at than Buddy, althoughΒ neither one of them are physically my type. Maybe if this guy got a haircut.

Β I know this boyfriend/lose weight is the storyline possibly every season, but she appears to be doing some sort of activities with this dude and Ryan (non-skeevyΒ I mean). Β If TLC shows her β€œworking out” and even dating this guy, I’d find it more interesting than pining away for a cokehead and diapering a cat, which is what we got the last couple of years.

Whitney irritates me quite a bit,Β but the bar for reality tv is so low, it wouldn’t take much for her to be comparatively halfway decent. Β Sad, I know. Β I wish they’d cut out her parents, Mumbles and make it more of a group show. Β (Not that Whitney would share the spotlight anymore than she does). Β Honestly, I’m more interested inΒ her friends’ lives than hers. Β That ain’t saying much, but besides Mumbles, I really do wonder sometimes, what they do when they’re not with Whitney. Well, Todd and Tal, anyway. Β Heather seems to sit at home cooking good-looking pork chops,Β while being frequently offended onΒ dating apps. Β She probably does other things, but that seems to be mostly what’s on her Instagram page.

ETA: This is the first time I really looked at this Chase dude’s page. Β Does anyone know how old he is? It seems like half his posts involved partying and drinking, which ifΒ done responsibly is fine. Β However, it seems like something somebody a lot younger would do, I thought this guy was Whitney’s age.

Edited by Irate Panda
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Ketzel said:

Ryan (according to a pic and caption on his instagram account) turned 30 in 2018. The picture is of him and Chase posed staggering drunk, with cups of "amber fluid"* in their hands, and hanging on to each other with the caption, "So this is what 30 feels like." I'm guessing Chase is also 30 or thereabouts.

*a famous political in-joke in MA, having to do with a former governor who liked his likker.

According to his FB page, Chase graduated high school in 2008 so "30 or thereabouts" sounds right.Β 

• Useful 2
1 hour ago, Irate Panda said:

.ETA: This is the first time I really looked at this Chase dude’s page. Β Does anyone know how old he is? It seems like half his posts involved partying and drinking, which ifΒ done responsibly is fine. Β However, it seems like something somebody a lot younger would do, I thought this guy was Whitney’s age.

I assume Chase is similar in age to Whitney - 30s going on 15.Β 

• LOL 8