Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media: What's Up With Her?

Culture Check: How can we come up with catchy or snarky topic titles and still remember the human behind the title? 

Please review the Primetimer Guidelines.

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Kid said:

I just saw an article that says he’s dumping her and has replaced her with a woman that actually looks like she works out.

Good for him!  This should be a great time for a business like that, with gyms closed or restricted and people bored at home.  I'm sure Whit is just "too busy" with all of her other things 😄 

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
17 minutes ago, princelina said:

Good for him!  This should be a great time for a business like that, with gyms closed or restricted and people bored at home.  I'm sure Whit is just "too busy" with all of her other things 😄 

Hey, Princelina, it takes a lot of time to consume as many calories as she has to consume to maintain those luscious curves!! 

• LOL 6
5 hours ago, princelina said:

I'm  sure  it's  "just too painful " for huhWit to be around  Ryan and be constantly  reminded of  yet another  failed relationship (even though  it was fake.) So she'll  spend  all her time with  BooBear sabotaging  *his* new relationship.  

The word "asshat" describes  her perfectly. 

• Love 4

So it looks from his instagram as if Ryan and a yoga instructor are doing some  kind of event/class together in Charlotte. Whitney has already posted a request to attend for free. (Ryan has said she will have to bring her new dog as her admission.) And in an insta story, Ryan says, "For those of you asking, nobsactive isn't going anywhere. Whitney and I love our members I could never leave y'all."

Some members, however, may be capable of leaving them. The Facebook group has dropped to 1924. Still a decent income, so I'm not surprised he is hanging in with it.

Edited by Ketzel
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Ketzel said:

So it looks from his instagram as if Ryan and a yoga instructor are doing some  kind of event/class together in Charlotte. Whitney has already posted a request to attend for free. (Ryan has said she will have to bring her new dog as her admission.) And in an insta story, Ryan says, "For those of you asking, nobsactive isn't going anywhere. Whitney and I love our members I could never leave y'all."

Some members, however, may be capable of leaving them. The Facebook group has dropped to 1924. Still a decent income, so I'm not surprised he is hanging in with it.

I would say she can come for free if they can film her trying to do 30 minutes of HIiT and 30 min of yoga and then show it on the Internet. That would be comical - assuming she didn’t have to call 911

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

How long does it normally take for them to film a season? They didn’t film for several months during COVID and now the season is supposed to start on November 10? What on earth could they possibly be filming?

The breakup. Whitney coping valiantly. Whitney in a bathtub (evidently).

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
37 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I wonder how many people it took to get her in and out of that bathtub!!  🤣

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
47 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

Well that should be entertaining. She’s coping so well. Barf. Let’s see. She’s sitting around in her bed all day but then is confused because she can’t sleep. She said in her ‘ask me’ stuff a couple days ago she’s usually naked in her house. She’s supposedly been to the hospital a couple of times because of the breakup but it seemed like it was during the Covid filming break. Yea. This is going to be a fascinating season. (Where is the sarcasm font?)

• LOL 4
2 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

How long does it normally take for them to film a season? They didn’t film for several months during COVID and now the season is supposed to start on November 10? What on earth could they possibly be filming?

Pretty sure they had a few episodes in the can before Rona --- her trip to Wilmington, the trip to the mountains to pick the venue, etc. I think I've also read that there were some TH segments filmed during lockdown. Perhaps it will be a short season. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Elizzikra said:

Perhaps she is coping by finally taking a bath? However, remember that whenever she encounters warm water, she's gotta pee (she said so herself, in "Ah'l-Ask-Er". Having to bathe in one's own urine would account for the fakey-fake smile.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

Well that should be entertaining. She’s coping so well. Barf. Let’s see. She’s sitting around in her bed all day but then is confused because she can’t sleep. She said in her ‘ask me’ stuff a couple days ago she’s usually naked in her house. She’s supposedly been to the hospital a couple of times because of the breakup but it seemed like it was during the Covid filming break. Yea. This is going to be a fascinating season. (Where is the sarcasm font?)

I mean really.  Can you imagine Whitney being “valiant” about anything, anytime???  There are a lot of adjectives that I would use to describe her and valiant is not one of them!

• Love 2

I an aware that she claims that she is healthy and loves her body as it is but I've thought of a plot point. During the filming hiatus she might have made a little visit to Dr. Now. In the spring she will emerge with a whole new lewk.

I know it has been suggested before, but the non-engagement, weak  plot lines and lack of recent pictures on sm could point toward it. (Bathtub photo is from second trip to Paris. Her comments allude to faking a smile about an announcement. It bolsters my long held opinion that she found out about the girlfriend before the trip to Paris.)

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, Me from ME said:

I an aware that she claims that she is healthy and loves her body as it is but I've thought of a plot point. During the filming hiatus she might have made a little visit to Dr. Now. In the spring she will emerge with a whole new lewk.

I know it has been suggested before, but the non-engagement, weak  plot lines and lack of recent pictures on sm could point toward it. (Bathtub photo is from second trip to Paris. Her comments allude to faking a smile about an announcement. It bolsters my long held opinion that she found out about the girlfriend before the trip to Paris.)

Nah. She posted the picture with Buddy and her dog during Pride Week, and she appears to have acquired the Corona Thirty. (I'm trying to be kind. In truth, I think she looks like she's gained 50.)

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Definitely the Covid 50. But wasn't Pride in June? People have commented on her absence from sm lately. It would make the results even more dramatic. (I know it is far fetched but it would be a lock for more seasons.)

4 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I read an article that said she mentions considering weight loss surgery during the new season...but I thought she was fit and fabulous? If true it is a kick in the teeth to the 'fans' that supported her fat and fit mantra.

I bet she would consider it if it got her more seasons. 

• Love 8
On 8/10/2020 at 4:39 PM, Colleenna said:

More bullshit. 

https://soapdirt.com/my-big-fat-fabulous-life-whitney-thore-confesses-struggle-to-fans-asks-for-help/

Awww, she's struggling.... to fall asleep. Well, Shitney, here's a hint: don't nap during the day. 

I bet all she did during quarantine is lay in bed, order in, lay on the coach, watch TV then go to bed. I dunno maybe get up at the same time everyday and do a little exercise?

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Love 1

Re: NoBS Fit

Whit at the beginning portrayed the NoBS Campaign like it was a charity meant to empower body positivity. It was not and is not, it was always Whit's for-profit personal marketing brand.

So with regards to their meeting on a dating app, bonding over their love of fitness and body positivity, wanting to start a body positive fitness partnership, blah blah bullshit I suspect that from the beginning NoBS Fit was just a straight up business deal to license NoBS that Whit promotes in the interest of her cut of the profits and a desire to license the brand to other entities. Which is to say, I don't think has much say in or even cares how NoBS Fit is run or requirement to participate as long as he writes her a check every month for her cut. 

• Love 2
On 8/13/2020 at 8:26 PM, 3girlsforus said:

I bet she would consider it if it got her more seasons. 

I'm conflicted. One part of me groans "Geeze Louise, another season of this dumpster fire." But another part of me would miss snarking with my imaginary friends here ! I know I can snark with some of you on Dr. Now's show, but other shows don't interest me in the least. 

• Love 9
10 hours ago, Colleenna said:

I'm conflicted. One part of me groans "Geeze Louise, another season of this dumpster fire." But another part of me would miss snarking with my imaginary friends here ! I know I can snark with some of you on Dr. Now's show, but other shows don't interest me in the least. 

I agree, being we all know what happened, it will be interesting to see how they spin this. I think most of us will cry "bullshit" every few minutes when the show returns. I really hope Todd's snark comes out in full force

giphy.gif

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
On 8/13/2020 at 8:37 PM, sainte-chapelle said:

I bet all she did during quarantine is lay in bed, order in, lay on the coach, watch TV then go to bed. I dunno maybe get up at the same time everyday and do a little exercise?

Maybe get up and exercise with your business partner and film it for your business?  Since you moved to town for that reason?

3 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I agree, being we all know what happened, it will be interesting to see how they spin this. I think most of us will cry "bullshit" every few minutes when the show returns. I really hope Todd's snark comes out in full force

giphy.gif

This is what I am most interested in.  Especially if there are some pre-pregnancy-announcement wedding planning scenes 😄   I wonder how much time Chase will be forced to act like a chagrined cheating dirtball when he's actually thrilled to be expecting a baby with his actual girlfriend 😄 

The expression on her face in the bathtub above reminds me of an infant's look of satisfaction when soiling a fresh diaper 😄 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, winsomeone said:

Was Chase's girl friend already pregnant when he got all bent out of shape on the show when Whit told him her biological clock was running out?

It doesn’t appear so. The girlfriend’s due date is either end of August/early Sept or sometime in October depending on which rumor you believe. Either way, she didn’t get pregnant until season filming was over.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

It doesn’t appear so. The girlfriend’s due date is either end of August/early Sept or sometime in October depending on which rumor you believe. Either way, she didn’t get pregnant until season filming was over.

According to their baby registries (multiple registry sites), the baby is due 9/25, so conception New Year's eve. 

• Useful 3
On 8/13/2020 at 8:37 PM, sainte-chapelle said:

That’s not what we’re supposed to be doing?!? 

It’s what I’ve done (except lying in bed all day).  😂😂😂

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, DanaMB said:

I hear you and no shade, quarantine is hard! 🙂 It just seems Whit always has an excuse or an 'issue'. I guess she didn't need to fake a foot injury this time 😂 

• Love 3

I was just thinking that with this prolonged quarantine, Whitney could have made some decent bank by setting up regular exercise videos for her fans. She could have filmed them at home with some basic equipment and no crew and posted them on Instagram or set up a YouTube channel that could have been monetized. That would have shown that she is serious about her plans to be a trainer and that she really has some special expertise to help people who are obese or have mobility issues. It also would have shown that she was keeping up on her own physical conditioning despite being stuck inside.

It just goes to show how lazy she is. Lots of people are hustling and managing to work from home despite all the hurdles. And people are figuring out how to keep up on exercise with the gyms closed. Whitney apparently just expects everyone else to do the real work while she laps up the attention.

• Love 10

She's added two new pictures on her IG, one with Buddy (who looks great!) In both cases, she has Photoshopped the s**t out of her face. It's really obvious --- the face just doesn't "fit" with the rest of the picture.

But she would NEVER do that, right? 🤣

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 8/22/2020 at 7:42 AM, Hana Chan said:

I was just thinking that with this prolonged quarantine, Whitney could have made some decent bank by setting up regular exercise videos for her fans. She could have filmed them at home with some basic equipment and no crew and posted them on Instagram or set up a YouTube channel that could have been monetized. That would have shown that she is serious about her plans to be a trainer and that she really has some special expertise to help people who are obese or have mobility issues. It also would have shown that she was keeping up on her own physical conditioning despite being stuck inside.

It just goes to show how lazy she is. Lots of people are hustling and managing to work from home despite all the hurdles. And people are figuring out how to keep up on exercise with the gyms closed. Whitney apparently just expects everyone else to do the real work while she laps up the attention.

I totally agree, I don't know of another 36 year old woman who is so co-dependent.  It was like that with BGDC with Todd basically doing the routines and BSActive where Ryan is leading the workouts, and continued to do so while she sobbed in her pillow about the ruined story line the breakup.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I totally agree, I don't know of another 36 year old woman who is so co-dependent.  It was like that with BGDC with Todd basically doing the routines and BSActive where Ryan is leading the workouts, and continued to do so while she sobbed in her pillow about the ruined story line the breakup.

If you look at it from the POV that huhWitney is "stuck" at age 12, it makes more sense. I'm convinced that she's emotionally stunted, stuck around age 12. She truly needs a psychiatrist. 

• Love 2
On 8/15/2020 at 2:46 PM, princelina said:

The expression on her face in the bathtub above reminds me of an infant's look of satisfaction when soiling a fresh diaper 😄 

Well, you know she's peeing.

About her and Dr. Now:  I would love to see that, but it will never happen.  Whitney is smart enough to check out the show before she goes on it, and when she sees that she'll need to lose weight on her own before he'll approve her for surgery, she'll flounce right out of there.  Strained her esophagus or something.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Mothra said:

Well, you know she's peeing.

About her and Dr. Now:  I would love to see that, but it will never happen.  Whitney is smart enough to check out the show before she goes on it, and when she sees that she'll need to lose weight on her own before he'll approve her for surgery, she'll flounce right out of there.  Strained her esophagus or something.

Maybe . . . or she could think that if she just told him she once lost 100 lbs and explained that she now refuses to diet, he would see her sense and make her the exception.  Which I would love because I don't think Dr. Now gives a hoot about the fame and fabulosity of Whitney Way Thore 😄 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, princelina said:

Maybe . . . or she could think that if she just told him she once lost 100 lbs and explained that she now refuses to diet, he would see her sense and make her the exception.  Which I would love because I don't think Dr. Now gives a hoot about the fame and fabulosity of Whitney Way Thore 😄 

Or.... we could all revel in the fact that after she explained all that to him, he would say "Now who did you say you are?"

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
On 8/19/2020 at 6:47 PM, DanaMB said:

On 8/19/2020 at 8:38 PM, sainte-chapelle said:

I hear you and no shade, quarantine is hard! 🙂 It just seems Whit always has an excuse or an 'issue'. I guess she didn't need to fake a foot injury this time 😂 

I’m right there with you... I’ve had some seriously lazy days during quarantine. But the difference to me seems to be the degree to which Whitney has taken the lazy. Even in the days where I just sat and read a book in my room or watched TV, I got dressed, made the bed, and sat on top of the made bed (the only TV where I get to choose what to watch is in my bedroom). She seems to spend the majority of her time unclothed, prone, and under her sheets. Taking a day here and there to be a couch potato is one thing. Not even bothering to put on clothes, get out of bed, or even sit up is a whole different level of lazy. 

• Love 8
On 8/28/2020 at 8:25 PM, 3girlsforus said:

I’m right there with you... I’ve had some seriously lazy days during quarantine. But the difference to me seems to be the degree to which Whitney has taken the lazy. Even in the days where I just sat and read a book in my room or watched TV, I got dressed, made the bed, and sat on top of the made bed (the only TV where I get to choose what to watch is in my bedroom). She seems to spend the majority of her time unclothed, prone, and under her sheets. Taking a day here and there to be a couch potato is one thing. Not even bothering to put on clothes, get out of bed, or even sit up is a whole different level of lazy. 

Practicing her bed bound days for future episodes on my 1000 pound life

• Love 2

Did Whitney ever post or say on the show she had clinical depression?  I know she had these “panic attacks” or whatever exactly they were, but I wish the show would use “the breakup” as some sort of opportunity for Whitney to look at her acting out and codependency.  I mean they could have the rent-a-doc for the show, but wish they would have an actual offset requirement with a real doctor.  As much as her behavior is both comical and frustrating, I certainly don’t hate her, but when you’re  pushing 40 and either making up fake relationships or exaggerating the one you think you have, I really wonder what causes that.  

I know some of it would be the paycheck, but honestly it doesn’t even really seem to be a huge part.  Her fixation with Buddy is weird at best.  I clearly get why he’s there, free or very discounted rent and a paycheck.  I’m sorry, but Buddy even on his best day, whether it be looks, personality, or prospects seems below average.  He clearly had rage issues while he was on drugs, yet Whitney and Heather (at least at some point were pining over the fool). Whitney posted more photos of PDA with Buddy then she did with Chase or Lenny, her two soulmates.  I agree with the person that said she seems like emotionally she’s 12.  I’m just wondering what caused all of it.  

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

I agree with the person that said she seems like emotionally she’s 12.  I’m just wondering what caused all of it.  

I think the cause of Twit’s problems is a lack of honesty; with the audience, but even more so with herself.  It reminds me of the advice typically given to alcoholics.  You can’t really begin to get better until you can admit that you have a problem.  The solution seems so simple to us because we are on the outside looking in.  After all this time, I’ve come to the conclusion that Whitney must have somehow convinced herself that she doesn’t have a problem (I.e., weight, selfishness, dishonesty, immaturity, which are all tied together).  So she just keeps slapping a bandaid on everything and keeps waddling down the road.  Unfortunately, the reality tv genre has given her a vehicle to do this, because it produces just enough income and accommodating fans/friends to convince her that all is well.  The only problem is that now the lies and excuses have to get bigger and bigger as the problems do.  Hence you have fake engagements and contests for her to “win.”

At some point you have to say that it’s no longer interesting or funny to watch this poor mess sink deeper and deeper into depression and delusion  and hope that she hits rock bottom or has an epiphany and starts actually working on herself.  I would like to be happy for her or post words of support if that happened, just like I wanted to do when this dumpster fire all started.  Now it’s just ridiculous, even insulting to watch.

• Love 7

Thinking about Twit considering weight loss surgery.......if what she says and believes is true, that PCOS makes it impossible for her to lose weight, that she eats nothing but twigs and berries, and that she's as physically fit as any Olympic athlete.......then wouldn't weight loss surgery cause absolutely no change to her weight?  Maybe that's why she avoids it?  It shouldn't work for her, right??!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 7/15/2020 at 10:36 AM, Mahamid Frauded Me said:
On 7/14/2020 at 12:13 PM, Colleenna said:

OMG these articles.  I swear Twit  writes  them herself. 

https://soapdirt.com/my-big-fat-fabulous-life-whitney-thore-shows-off-bikini-body/

This was from last years cruise I believe, and quite frankly, I would never in a million years call this "revenge body"

It looks like she's on her way to developing those lipedemas, which most of the 600 lb lifers have.

On 9/3/2020 at 12:29 PM, Kiki620 said:

Thinking about Twit considering weight loss surgery.......if what she says and believes is true, that PCOS makes it impossible for her to lose weight, that she eats nothing but twigs and berries, and that she's as physically fit as any Olympic athlete.......then wouldn't weight loss surgery cause absolutely no change to her weight?  Maybe that's why she avoids it?  It shouldn't work for her, right??!!

Like that woman who failed to lose and told Dr. Now "Well I did have some grapes" 😄 😄 😄 

• LOL 3

Whitney has put a full screen quote in an insta story, lamenting that "most cishet men are disappointing their partner in bed,"  and that "sex is simply another form of unpaid labor that women are expected to offer their partner." 

Where is this coming from, Whitney? Who has been demanding you provide unpaid sex while being a disappointing  partner? Buddy? (really?) Chase? (who seemed more interested  in avoiding sex with you than demanding it?) The impression you give (on the show, at least) is of a woman who is totally eager to provide sex to anyone who is willing to have you, rather than that of a woman coerced by societal expectations into providing unpaid sexual service to unsatisfactory lovers.

BTW, this particular complaint was au courant in the seventies, and there's a substantial body of feminist literature analyzing these issues, including the comparison between prostitution and marriage, underlying (no pun intended) assumptions that women don't enjoy sex, but only see it as currency, as well as  whether a woman has an obligation to educate a disappointing sexual partner. There could still be an interesting discussion on whether things have improved, and if so, how and if not, why not? But  I don't get the impression that's why Whitney posted. 

• Love 2