Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media: What's Up With Her?

Culture Check: How can we come up with catchy or snarky topic titles and still remember the human behind the title? 

Please review the Primetimer Guidelines.

• Start Topic

13 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

I think it looks cute too.  I actually like her better with shorter hair.

I agree. I’ve always thought it was weird for her to have such long hair where she needed extensions because of her thinning hair. Shorter hair is almost always a better choice for people with thin hair because it gives a much fuller look. And it seems to be that putting in and taking out extensions would only stress what hair she does have. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, cherenkov said:

No engagement ring?

I wouldn’t wear my engagement ring to do that either. Those tapes are messy and you don’t want to snag your hair in your ring. Plus the ring would get gunky with the oil and adhesive.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I wouldn’t wear my engagement ring to do that either. Those tapes are messy and you don’t want to snag your hair in your ring. Plus the ring would get gunky with the oil and adhesive.

She's definitely wearing a ton of jewelry on the other hand...

• Love 5

cherenkov, I was about to say the same thing. There is one that would have gotten tangled more easily than the yellow sapphire she has been seen wearing.

I think the haircut came out great and I had thought her hair loss was much more serious. I do have a question about the first picture though. Her roots look grey. Is it that her hair is turning white prematurely, or, is it dry shampoo build up?

Either way, I understand why she finally washed her hair.

Random thought: does dry shampoo come in different colors? I only used dry shampoo once and the static it created was ridiculous. Never again.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, Me from ME said:

cherenkov, I was about to say the same thing. There is one that would have gotten tangled more easily than the yellow sapphire she has been seen wearing.

I think the haircut came out great and I had thought her hair loss was much more serious. I do have a question about the first picture though. Her roots look grey. Is it that her hair is turning white prematurely, or, is it dry shampoo build up?

Random thought: does dry shampoo come in different colors? I only used dry shampoo once and the static it created was ridiculous. Never again.

Every dry shampoo that I've ever used has been white but I definitely haven't used every one out there...

• Love 2

The shorter hair looks fine. She should look for a hair thickener product online, it would add some volume. 

I suspect that without the massive fake hair, she looks like a pinhead. A small, sleek head on top of that bloated beachball will be very disproportionate.

• LOL 6
On 4/17/2020 at 4:44 AM, alabetser said:

I think it makes sense she wouldn't go out, because at her size she's definitely high risk. However having Buddy drive 2 hours each way to come deliver food himself is just dumb. He's not exactly a slim guy himself so his risk is high too, plus he's going to be exposed getting gas so often too.  Just use a local delivery service like everyone else. A one time drop off for an emergency if they had trouble getting a spot might be ok but as a habit it's super wasteful and risky. 

I'm guessing they are both obese smokers which puts them at risk.  However I'm not believing this happens regularly just because she says so 😄 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Me from ME said:

Her hair is definitely  turning  gray. Prematurely?  Well, the only exercise  she gets is running  her mouth and  pushing  40.

• LOL 3
10 hours ago, Me from ME said:

I think the haircut came out great and I had thought her hair loss was much more serious.

Seriously. All this time I guess I just took her at face value that she has serious hair loss due to her PCOS. Her hair looks fine, like maybe some traction alopecia, maybe not as full as she would like but within the normal fullness of any women her age's hair without a bunch of product and extensions.

Was there ever a reason believed she had serious hair loss besides the fact that she kept bringing it up for sympathy? I think her problem in general is less PCOS and more body dysmorphia.

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, John M said:

Seriously. All this time I guess I just took her at face value that she has serious hair loss due to her PCOS. Her hair looks fine, like maybe some traction alopecia, maybe not as full as she would like but within the normal fullness of any women her age's hair without a bunch of product and extensions.

Was there ever a reason believed she had serious hair loss besides the fact that she kept bringing it up for sympathy? I think her problem in general is less PCOS and more body dysmorphia.

I thought it was just me. I didn’t think her hair looked that thin at all. She has a very high forehead but her hair looks well within normal parameters. I guess it’s possible that she used to have thicker hair so she considers her current hair to be a result of PCOS hair loss. More likely it’s a result of being older. Women often have thinner hair as they get older.  Personally I hope she keeps her hair like this new hair cut and doesn’t go back to the super long extensions. She looks much better this way.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

I thought it was just me. I didn’t think her hair looked that thin at all. She has a very high forehead but her hair looks well within normal parameters. I guess it’s possible that she used to have thicker hair so she considers her current hair to be a result of PCOS hair loss. More likely it’s a result of being older. Women often have thinner hair as they get older.  Personally I hope she keeps her hair like this new hair cut and doesn’t go back to the super long extensions. She looks much better this way.

I deliberately  went scrolling  through  her FB pictures looking for ones pre college.  I found several,  but the one of her in her hs prom dress shows that  her hair  wasn't  significantly  thicker than  it is now. Even as a child  her hair  wasn't  particularly  thick. 

Just another  lie. 

• Love 4

Her hair isn't at all thin and she doesn't have any apparent bald patches. She's like me that she's got fine hair, but she's got a good amount of it.  

When I was younger (late teens, early 20s), I used to perm my hair because 1) it was the 80s and big hair was in and 2) because I was so heavy, having more hair helped me to not look like a pinhead. I'm going to bet that Whitney's reason for putting in extensions were for the same reason. It's not like having thick, long hair is going to make her look slimmer, but it helps the head look a bit more in proportion. I actually like her new style (though I'll bet you anything that it was professionally done because it looks far too neat for a home cut) and it's much more flattering than the rats nest of extensions that never looked real.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
On 4/21/2020 at 10:37 AM, Elizzikra said:

Every dry shampoo that I've ever used has been white but I definitely haven't used every one out there...

Could turn grey if it gets dirty enough.

On 4/21/2020 at 5:38 PM, Irate Panda said:

Wow that is judicious use of face tune and cropping.

• Love 4

One problem Whitney will have if she keeps her new haircut without extensions is that she can not go a week or two without washing it. It will turn into a greasy slick mess plastered to the side of her head. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
37 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

One problem Whitney will have if she keeps her new haircut without extensions is that she can not go a week or two without washing it. It will turn into a greasy slick mess plastered to the side of her head. 

Yup. I've always found that the shorter I kept my hair, the more often I have to wash it. When I had my pixie cut, it was every other day. My hair is now about halfway down my back and I usually do it once a week (I might need some dry shampoo towards the end to give it some body).  But hair of any length needs upkeep and washing it as needed is part of it. Whitney won't be able to hide her disgusting hygiene habits. 

I shudder at thinking what her hair must have smelled like. Ick...

• Love 4
12 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

In other words,  her usual look.

Hey, Twit herself said that she does not wash her hair often...like every two weeks or so....ewwwww indeed.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, Me from ME said:

The most recent photo she posted makes me wonder if she has added a few extensions since the haircut. the length is different as is the color (to my eye anyway).

I agree. If you look carefully,  you can see the shorter hair that she cut BEHIND the longer pieces on either side of her face  (but especially  on the left side of her face,  which is on the right side of the  picture. )

• Love 4
37 minutes ago, Colleenna said:

I agree. If you look carefully,  you can see the shorter hair that she cut BEHIND the longer pieces on either side of her face  (but especially  on the left side of her face,  which is on the right side of the  picture. )

It seems that the way she cut it was to pull it to the front in two ponytails, then to cut them straight across. So that would leave the back a little shorter than the front, no?

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

It seems that the way she cut it was to pull it to the front in two ponytails, then to cut them straight across. So that would leave the back a little shorter than the front, no?

Did you see the video of her cutting her hair? When she finished,  it was not longer in the front.

• Love 3
39 minutes ago, sempervivum said:

Just curious-and completely ignorant of fake hair techniques- but what will she do with those long extensions she removed? Can they be re-used, or do you just throw them away (which seems incredibly wasteful)?

I think she or somebody on her mentioned before they can be reused a certain number of times maybe 2-3.  I guess it depends on their quality.

On 4/21/2020 at 8:10 PM, John M said:

I’m with you.  Her hair looks great in that picture.  Then again, I have naturally curly, thick hair and would kill for LESS volume!

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

I think she or somebody on her mentioned before they can be reused a certain number of times maybe 2-3.  I guess it depends on their quality.

I think they are tape-ins and if you take care of them and remove them carefully (or better yet, have a professional do it, which I know is not possible right now) you can reuse them several times. Usually the stylist removes them, washes and dries them and puts on new tapes. 

I don't know if she will be able to reuse them having used baby oil to remove them. I'm thinking the baby oil might have loosened the bond between the hair and the tape. It might also be hard to wash out the oil. I've never done that so I'm not sure. 

• Love 1

I got the impression that she has had several sets of extensions. The most recent were quite long and she said that she didn't like them as much as others she had worn (they tangled easily?). She might have kept some of the others and is using them now. (Hard to believe because she seems wasteful in other areas of her life.)

The last photo might be a wig, which would explain the fullness.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
On 4/19/2020 at 5:39 PM, Irate Panda said:

Whitney giving herself a haircut after taking out her extensions  I do feel sorry for her about her hair loss. 

She was actually quite likeable in the extension removal post. No posturing or braying or nonsense. This was the person many of us tuned in to see when the show first aired.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, LookABird said:

She was actually quite likeable in the extension removal post. No posturing or braying or nonsense. This was the person many of us tuned in to see when the show first aired.

I agree, there are a couple of her videos on SM when she is by herself just talking that she is likable and it seems more natural.  I’m not sure why she doesn’t act this way more often.

• Love 6
On 4/25/2020 at 9:30 AM, LookABird said:

I agree! The cut was really cute, too. She was likable in that video. 

• Love 5
(edited)
On 4/28/2020 at 6:00 PM, judyjudyjudy said:

On her right cheek it looks like there are stretch marks.  Is that what they are or is it a by-product of her liberal use of filters and such?

Looks like caked on makeup settling into wrinkles. Her left (our right) has a severe amount of dark contouring applied to try to make it look like there's a shadow under a cheekbone. She is trying really, really hard to fake a thin face. You can actually see wrinkles across her forehead too, beneath the caked on makeup.

Edited by cherenkov
  • Love 2
On 4/22/2020 at 6:03 PM, 3girlsforus said:

In other words,  her usual look.

Hey, Twit herself said that she does not wash her hair often...like every two weeks or so....ewwwww indeed.

(edited)
On 4/22/2020 at 12:20 PM, Hana Chan said:

Her hair isn't at all thin and she doesn't have any apparent bald patches. She's like me that she's got fine hair, but she's got a good amount of it.  

While she was taking out the extensions I saw some small bald patches on the side when she lifted her hair - larger ones than would be the case on a woman who has thin hair but no real hair loss.  Plus I'm sure I've seen other photos of her head from the back near the top where there are more bald patches.  

On 4/23/2020 at 8:33 AM, Tosia said:

Actually I've read that not washing your hair often enough actually promotes thinning hair because oil build-up in the follicles inhibits new growth.  I'm surprised she doesn't know this.  So perhaps now she'll wash her hair more often and it will actually become a bit thicker as a result.  Also, anything that pulls the hair down and adds weight to it will also promote thinning of the hair, and extensions are one of those things.  This article explains a bunch of habits that cause hair loss and thinning.  It doesn't mention extensions specifically, but I have read this elsewhere.  I've always had thick hair, although at my age (61) it has thinned somewhat so now it would be considered "normal".  But I try not to do any of the no-nos on this list to prevent it from getting worse.

47 minutes ago, cherenkov said:

Her Instagram seems to have been scrubbed of almost all pictures of Chase...

How recent is this?  Do you know?  I admit I haven't been following her.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, cherenkov said:

Her Instagram seems to have been scrubbed of almost all pictures of Chase...

This is interesting. His Instagram still has her photos. I assume this is the sign that the “relationship” is over. 

• Love 1

Changing one's hair is a common way of showing the world, friends, or, the ex that one is moving on after a breakup.

Ugh, I glanced at Ryan's Insta there's a photo of her holding the poodle on her lap and it not only looks uncomfortable but seems to be struggling to free its self from her clutches. Horrible!

51 minutes ago, Me from ME said:

Changing one's hair is a common way of showing the world, friends, or, the ex that one is moving on after a breakup.

Ugh, I glanced at Ryan's Insta there's a photo of her holding the poodle on her lap and it not only looks uncomfortable but seems to be struggling to free its self from her clutches. Horrible!

Yes it is. It’s interesting to think the Instagram posts removal and hair change could be because of a breakup. If so, it lends credence to those who thought the relationship was fake but Whitney didn’t know. It seems the end of a fake relationship wouldn’t prompt those kinds of responses. I always took the side at it was fake but they both knew. Looks like I could be wrong. Yes I know this also could mean it was a real relationship that ended but that’s not something I’m ever going to buy. 

• Love 4