Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E15: A Wondrous Place

• Start Topic

(edited)

I think there was something missing between what we saw on screen in the fight and what Emma was shown thinking here. I say that because here Emma told David that she told Hook that if he couldn't trust her or whatever then he should leave. That isn't what she said. So the premise here was that Emma told him that he should leave under that specific condition and then he actually left. He was seen by both Snow and Leroy down at the docks with a bag and boarded a boat of his own free will. If this is what we'd actually seen, this sort of makes sense from a reeling, confused, guilty and very sad Emma's POV. Neal and Emma had confessed their love and made huge plans, then Neal sets her up and leaves her. Walsh proposes after what appeared to be a good, loving relationship and then it was all a fraud. In both cases, Emma was in love and was wrong about how the other felt. She's going to question what it is about her that makes her incapable of seeing this. Emma needed someone to help her get out of her own head, not get her drunk and bash her boyfriend.

Her friends and family are dumb about not even remotely helping her through the rock bottom thoughts she's got going about herself and telling her that Hook would never do that and of course he loves her. Maybe he's just off trying to deal with his own issues like she told him to do (except in this episode apparently, she told him to leave if he can't trust her instead of to get his act together, so I give up). Consistency is important in writing. If I go with the context of what Emma says she said during the fight, then her reaction is more understandable than if I go by what was actually said during the fight. 

Edited by KAOS Agent
  • Love 6

I can't even go back and rewatch Snow's awesome drunk scenes because of how stupid all this meaningless drama is. And why is it that every time Regina attempts to be friendly with Emma it comes off super stilted? And why was she trying to be so friendly? Didn't Regina literally just increase the evil inside her heart? Why haven't we seen that affect her personality? Or has Regina achieved ultimate Mary Sue status where she can insert darkness into her heart and not be affected by it at all?

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Arnella said:

Am I the only one that caught some initial chemistry between Aesop and Emma?  Quickly dispelled and then I remembered that Emma doesn't get to have any friends besides Regina.  And then, it was just @#$% Gideon and we'll never see that guy again.  sigh

Oh, I really liked Aesop.  Before he was Gideon.  Too bad we can't keep him and his viking customers around more!

1 hour ago, Noneofyourbusiness said:

He ended up in Storybrooke, so we can presume his kingdom was demolished by the Dark Curse like Snow and Charming's.

And yet Snow's kingdom was still there when they were sent back to the EF with Pan's curse - it was just taken over by Zelena.  

10 minutes ago, Curio said:

And why was she trying to be so friendly? Didn't Regina literally just increase the evil inside her heart? Why haven't we seen that affect her personality? 

Maybe we did.  Emma did comment that Regina got what she wanted - which I interpreted to mean that Emma thought Regina was happy that Emma had lost her true love (Killian) since Regina had also lost hers (Robin) and Regina admitted she wanted to rip Hook's throat out when he came back from the dead.  

• Love 1

Man, I don't care what he did in the past, as far as I'm concern, Hook getting a front row seat to Aladdin and Jasmine's drama and being a soundboard for their romantic issues, is more then enough of a repentance for his history.  What?  Considering how Regina, EQ, Rumple, etc. get treated with kid gloves, I think Hook deserves his pass now!  The fact that he only snapped once was impressive.  I wouldn't have blamed him if he tried to abandon the sub (still underwater!), if Aladdin kept blabbering on.

Anyway, the Aladdin gang returns and I continue to get frustrated over how they squandered a surefire hit with this lot.  Because, seriously: Karen David is insanely gorgeous and talented and is the perfect Jasmine.  And yet, thanks to the writing, she is all over the place, half of the time her motivations make no sense, and she comes off like a jerk and kind of dumb.  And then there is Oded Fehr as Jafar.  He sure be a seasonal arc villain.  He is that damn talented, and he probably stole every moment he appeared on this damn show.  Alas, he has already been dispatched.  I still remember when this season premiered and I foolishly thought he would be seeing characters like him and Mr. Hyde as the big baddies, and kind of digging it.  Instead, it was a bunch of Evil Queen bullshit and now Gideon.  Lame.  But, anyway, Aladdin and Jasmine get their true love's kiss and a happy ending.

It was nice seeing Ariel again, at least.  Again, JoAnna Garcia Swisher is a perfect fit for the role, even if the show never used her to her fullest potential.

Nemo and Liam are already gone as well.  No one stays on this show for too long, unless they are regulars.

Emma is dragged to a "Girl's Night Out" thing with Snow and Regina, only Snow was too busy getting drunk and challenging Vikings (at least they're doing something with her, besides worrying and reacting), and Regina's attempts to comfort Emma felt half-assed.  Instead, it is Aesop the mixologist who gets her to open up and cry, but sure enough, he was Gideon all along, and now he has her tears.  Yippee!

I'm glad Hook already got in contact with Emma and she knows the truth, so they won't be dragging all of this out.  I do find it funny that it was partially thanks to Henry being a lazy teenager.  Good job, for once!

Poor Charming though.  I hope Snow gives him an extra day.  Didn't even get time to fully process Hook killing his dad.  He almost came off like he heard Hook "borrowed" the car and wrecked it, instead of harming his family.

Not a bad episode; although I really can't hate any episode with so much Karen, Oded, JoAnna, Colin O'Donoghue, and Faran Tahir together; but, as usual, it could have been better.

• Love 7
(edited)

Someone help me out here because I'm really confused. EW posted this article about this episode and David's reaction to Hook...and I feel like we watched two totally different episodes??

Emma told David, but he was surprisingly not out for blood upon learning the truth.

“Ultimately, David realizes that it was a long time ago, and Hook’s a changed man now and made that effort, and that’s very noticeable to everyone,” Dallas tells EW. “They’ve all seen it, so I think it was in the past.”

Did we see any of this on screen? As far as I could tell, David was pretty pissed Hook didn't have the guts to tell him to his face, but he softened because he saw that his daughter was upset and tended to her needs. It had nothing to do about changing his opinion of Hook. And it's "very noticeable to everyone" that Hook changed? WHAT?! If anything, no one in that episode believed Hook changed for the better because Emma immediately jumped to the conclusion that he abandoned her for good and no one tried to reason with her about any other possibilities. Everyone went straight to, "That no good pirate! Emma, let's go drink and get your mind off that rotten ex of yours."

Though the news was still rather shocking to Charming, the truth is that the determination Hook showed in helping David find his father’s killer — not knowing that it was himself at the time — proved that Hook is, in fact, a different person. Therefore, Dallas believes the Hook-Charming bromance will survive this twist if and when Hook makes it back to Storybrooke.

“I think it deepens it even more,” Dallas says. “They’ve gone through so much over these past few episodes that it makes their friendship way stronger, and that comes into play when he finds out that Hook is the murderer of his father. It’s a crazy thing to try to get your head around, but he has changed, and he shows himself in such a light in that episode where he’s trying to help David find his father that it really woke David up to the fact that he has changed as a man.”

Oh great, they really are going to go with the Regina excuse on this one. "You murdered my father, but that actually that makes us stronger." WTF. What was the point in any of this?!

Edited by Curio
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Shanna Marie said:

she's right back in love

2 hours ago, Shanna Marie said:

maybe I should move on

She was never not in love with him though. She thought he didn't love her if he could leave her so easily. It might not be something she actually believed but it's just something that she was thinking about because she was trying to make sense of it. And she didn't actually say she should move on she said her opening up is probably what she needs to move on - not that she was or should.

10 minutes ago, superloislane said:

And she didn't actually say she should move on she said her opening up is probably what she needs to move on - not that she was or should.

I can see how you could interpret it the other way, but with Emma coming home and taking Killian's chest out to the shed, her actions implied that she was moving on.

• Love 3

Everyone went straight to, "That no good pirate! Emma, let's go drink and get your mind off that rotten ex of yours."

No one goes around calling Regina an evil dictator, but Hook is still a dirty pirate. The only other person they give hard time to about their persona is Zelena.

• Love 8
55 minutes ago, Curio said:

And why is it that every time Regina attempts to be friendly with Emma it comes off super stilted? And why was she trying to be so friendly? Didn't Regina literally just increase the evil inside her heart? Why haven't we seen that affect her personality? Or has Regina achieved ultimate Mary Sue status where she can insert darkness into her heart and not be affected by it at all?

I felt like that scene actually made sense. Regina's never really had 'friends' before, in the regular sense, so she came off a little awkward and stilted. Like she had to google 'how to console someone who thinks their significant other ran out on them'. And then went through the bullet points one by one.

• Love 3
(edited)
19 hours ago, OnceUponAJen said:

Whatever happened to, "I will find you, Hook. I will always find you." If this is the same Emma, I'm surprised she went to the trouble of going to the Underworld to get him back.

Oh wow. This. I didn't even notice this before. Personally, I don't think Snowing has always been a healthy relationship. Lies and secrets run in their family. However, they never gave up on each other except for if their memories got wiped. Then again, they have rarely if ever had much of any internal conflict. Everything they've gone through has been external and circumstantial. They've never had an argument that made them separate willingly. There probably stronger comparisons with David/MM than Snowing.

Rumpbelle is the opposite extreme. Belle sticks with Rumple even when he doesn't try to fix anything.

Charming judged Hook for not coming clean to him but he's still harboring a secret from Snow. She doesn't know he tried to kill George or that he lied to her about seeking revenge.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, Curio said:

I can see how you could interpret it the other way, but with Emma coming home and taking Killian's chest out to the shed, her actions implied that she was moving on.

I don't know, I thought her taking his stuff out was her being mad and not wanting to look at his things because they'll remind of her of him but I guess it can be interpreted either way

3 hours ago, Curio said:

I wouldn't mind Emma's flawed behavior if the show called it what it is. If Emma actually admitted she jumped to a conclusion and felt bad about it, then I can accept this writing. But they're portraying Emma as being totally in the right here.

And the problem with writing it this way is that the viewers know she's wrong. We've got the common problem on this show that they write things totally the wrong way for the impression they seem to want to make. If they wanted us to see Emma as being totally justified in the way she viewed things, they needed to keep Hook offscreen so that what he'd actually done was left ambiguous, maybe show the scene with Snow, then show him entering the Nautilus, and we don't know until later that they didn't plan to portal away. Otherwise, if we're to believe that Emma's feelings are justified, the fight needed to go a different way. It needed to be what the characters were acting like it was in this episode. She needed to have given him a clear ultimatum -- come back when you're ready to face my father with me. Or it needed to be him walking off instead of her, with her calling after him, and he would have needed to have at least taken Liam's ring.

54 minutes ago, Curio said:

And it's "very noticeable to everyone" that Hook changed? WHAT?! If anything, no one in that episode believed Hook changed for the better because Emma immediately jumped to the conclusion that he abandoned her for good and no one tried to reason with her about any other possibilities. Everyone went straight to, "That no good pirate! Emma, let's go drink and get your mind off that rotten ex of yours."

It's (probably unintentionally) ironic that his issue that led to all this was his shame and fear of facing her family because he was worried what they'd think of him, and then the moment he disappears, they're all quick to immediately assume the worst of him, that he was too big a coward to face them, he didn't deserve Emma, and he skipped town without saying anything. So maybe he wasn't wrong to be afraid? They all turned on him pretty quickly here, and given that just a day or so ago David was holding a knife at his throat for trying to stop him from killing George, it doesn't look like he was being too irrational to be afraid of facing them.

28 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

Charming judged Hook for not coming clean to him but he's still harboring a secret from Snow. She doesn't know he tried to kill George or that he lied to her about seeking revenge.

Unfortunately, we have no idea how much Snow knows. We don't know if she knows why Hook left town, so we don't know if she knows the whole story about George and David or if she just knows Hook left. If she knows, it happened offscreen.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Curio said:

Someone help me out here because I'm really confused. EW posted this article about this episode and David's reaction to Hook...and I feel like we watched two totally different episodes??

Did we see any of this on screen?

I think it must be in the extra 15 minutes that they shoot and have to edit out of each episode.  I want those scenes back if that's the reason.

• Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, Triskan said:

What the fuck is the point of a navy in the middle of the desert ? 

I was wondering the exact same thing until they tacked on the ending about the gulf of Agrabah... I actually like this Aladdin and Jasmine, so I liked the episode well enough aside from the gibberish bit about Emma throwing up her arms and packing Hook's stuff away after a day.

I do, however, really really hope there is an actual Aesop in Storybrook. Because I want to see more of that actor!

ETA: Massive points to whoever it was that replied to my comment last week, predicting that the big Hook-murdered-your-dad reveal would be done to David offscreen. 

Edited by LaChavalina
  • Love 1
(edited)

Rewatched the episode, and the hut doesn't seem to be Ariel's actual home, just where she keeps her collection now that she's on land.

So that's at least one plot absurdity solved.

Edited by Mathius
23 hours ago, Worsel said:

If he is so magically powerful why didn’t he just kill Jasmine, take the ring and destroy Agrabah in the first place? 

Magic. The ring had to be freely given to him.

Ariel, why are you and Eric shacked up at Mama Odie's place?

I do hope that Agrabah was in some sort of temporal stasis while in the ring. Otherwise Jasmine and Aladdin would be returning to a desert version of the Siege of Leningrad.

Mr. O'Donoghue, you are way too good for this show. I hope your agent hasn't been idle during your tenure here.

• Love 3
(edited)

It's kinda funny how neither Ginny nor Josh's quotes about how Snow/David feels about Hook shows through in the episode at all.  Maybe they're so used to talking it over at home about their head canon that they forgot they didn't actually shoot any of it.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Curio said:

I can't even go back and rewatch Snow's awesome drunk scenes because of how stupid all this meaningless drama is. And why is it that every time Regina attempts to be friendly with Emma it comes off super stilted? And why was she trying to be so friendly? Didn't Regina literally just increase the evil inside her heart? Why haven't we seen that affect her personality? Or has Regina achieved ultimate Mary Sue status where she can insert darkness into her heart and not be affected by it at all?

2 hours ago, asabovesobelow said:

I felt like that scene actually made sense. Regina's never really had 'friends' before, in the regular sense, so she came off a little awkward and stilted. Like she had to google 'how to console someone who thinks their significant other ran out on them'. And then went through the bullet points one by one.

As far as I'm concerned those scenes were 'JMo's House character goes drinking with Snow White and Lana Parilla', becuase that sure as hell was NOT Emma Swan and Regina Mills on screen last night

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, Terrafamilia said:

Magic. The ring had to be freely given to him.

Yeah, he said once he got it "the crown jewel of Agrabah, freely given..."  The total magical control over Agrabah evidently can only be willingly passed on rather than taken, so that's why he needed Jasmine - the current holder - to pass it on to him.  It's also why Jasmine needed TLK to restore Agrabah instead of using the ring itself, it was never given back to her so she couldn't use its power.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, RulerofallIsurvey said:

And yet Snow's kingdom was still there when they were sent back to the EF with Pan's curse - it was just taken over by Zelena.  

No.   Snow and Charming's kingdom is in shambles still,  I assume.  We last saw it in season 2.  When they returned to the Enchanted Forest in season 3, Regina's castle was still standing because she cast a protection spell before going to Snow's palace in pilot. 

Ariel just makes the show better.  I wish she'd show up more often. 

Drunk Snow was hilarious.   And I am also sad that Aesop wasn't real,  because he seemed cool and I could use a new set. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Curio said:

I think what's happening with some of the articles coming out recently is that reporters were on set a few weeks ago and "banked" interviews with the cast to be used for future articles. So the questions might not have been specifically about this episodes, but more like "what's David's reaction when he learns Hook killed his father?" and Josh's answer covers the entire resolution of the storyline. Then Natalie or Matt plugs the answer into an article about that episode. I've noticed a few times recently when it feels like they are twisting something to fit into a certain article even when it doesn't totally make sense.  

40 minutes ago, Camera One said:

It's kinda funny how neither Ginny nor Josh's quotes about how Snow/David feels about Hook doesn't show through in the episode at all.  Maybe they're so used to talking it over at home about their head canon that they forgot they didn't actually shoot any of it.

Or this could definitely explain it as well!

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Curio said:

Did we see any of this on screen?

Maybe it's from an upcoming episode. 

2 hours ago, OnceUponAJen said:

I think it must be in the extra 15 minutes that they shoot and have to edit out of each episode. 

I doubt it. The writers don't care that much about David or Snow.

Whatever happened to, "I will find you, Hook. I will always find you." If this is the same Emma, I'm surprised she went to the trouble of going to the Underworld to get him back.

Then, Emma had proof that Hook loved her, because he sacrificed himself to correct his wrong and save everyone.  But if Hook doesn't keep reassuring her that he loves her, she becomes insecure. That means she still doesn't have any deep trust in Hook, and shouldn't be getting married anyway.

• Love 1
(edited)

"But he has changed, and he shows himself in such a light in that episode where he’s trying to help David find his father that it really woke David up to the fact that he has changed as a man.”

Making it the third time David woke up to this fact, given that he did so in both Season 4 and Season 5 already.

Edited by Mathius
  • Love 2

So Gideon would rather glamour himself as a bartender and bank on Emma randomly crying on cue after hearing a story about a random stranger, when all Gideon had to do was glamour himself as Killian, go to Emma's house, and easily make her cry by breaking up with her for good? Why even bother with the tear? Why not just ask Emma, "Hey, I need help defeating the Black Fairy. Can you please help me?" Like, what is the point in any of this extra drama?

• Love 10
5 hours ago, RulerofallIsurvey said:

Maybe we did.  Emma did comment that Regina got what she wanted - which I interpreted to mean that Emma thought Regina was happy that Emma had lost her true love (Killian) since Regina had also lost hers (Robin) and Regina admitted she wanted to rip Hook's throat out when he came back from the dead.  

That was Regina's, formerly Snow's castle. The castle Snow and Charming had been living in, formerly George's I think, was in ruins. And Eric's castle would be pretty empty, anyway, if all his subjects were in Storybrooke.

Emma meant that Regina got what she wanted by Emma crying. Her comment about Snow tattling seemed like a bit of the old Regina to me, though.

(edited)

I just caught up on the first 2 minutes that I missed.

To me, Emma acted more natural in the first scene with David than she did the entire rest of the episode.  I liked that scene, even though it clocked in at only 43 seconds.  

What happened to all the other people on the Nautilus when Jasmine wished them out?

Edited by Camera One
1 minute ago, Camera One said:

To me, Emma acted more natural in the first scene with David than she did the entire rest of the episode.  I liked that scene, even though it clocked it at only 43 seconds.  

The first scene is why I'm kind of hand waving the rest of Emma's response.  Emma clearly went out searching for Hook to be told he'd been seen leaving on the Nautilus.  They could have picked up from there instead of having Emma instantly losing faith in him.  But they needed contrived circumstances to move Gideon's plot along and "savior tears" is what they came up with.

Even packing up Hook's stuff is probably because they didn't build a bedroom set where it would be clear that the shell phone ringing was Hook's.  No, they needed this is Hook's stuff exposition and a reason for Gideon to confront her during the call outside.

Pretty sure when Nemo went back to his sinking ship he mentioned that he was taking his crew with him. But wasn't the ship sinking and they were all going to die? I was confused about what that was about other than getting Nemo & co. out of the way for the rest of the episode.

How would Nemo and Liam 2.0 even get back to the Nautilus at that point?

These are the people Reggie supposedly loves, but hey, it's not like there's any hurry in breaking the curse. It's not like they have a baby to look after...oh, wait. Contrast her indifference with Hook's obvious desperation to get back to his Swan. SMDH!

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Dianthus said:

These are the people Reggie supposedly loves, but hey, it's not like there's any hurry in breaking the curse. It's not like they have a baby to look after...oh, wait.

This part is really weird. Why are Snow and Charming in no rush to break their curse? When David was complaining how he just woke up, why didn't Regina go, "Oh right, I suppose we can start fixing that problem now that my other half told me how to break the curse."

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, Camera One said:

Regina told Emma she needs to take "a break" from breaking that Curse.

She already knows everything she needs to do so. It's not like she's gotta reinvent the wheel here.

After, my friend was like, "wasn't Emma still on duty?" it's true. She responded to what she thought was a legit call, in her police cruiser and everything. SB's Finest, y'all.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Dianthus said:

After, my friend was like, "wasn't Emma still on duty?" it's true. She responded to what she thought was a legit call, in her police cruiser and everything. SB's Finest, y'all.

Emma's job as Sheriff, and earlier when she did bail bonds, is to find people, collect evidence, and solve mysteries. Yet she doesn't want to investigate the whereabouts of her True Love potential husband? Didn't want to ask where he was going, how long he'd be gone, who he went with... Nope. Just gone forever!

• Love 6
(edited)

More like Storybrooke's only,  a father/ daughter party of two running the entire police department and the father half was unconscious and when conscious his only expertise is herding sheep and animal shelter volunteering.   You can't expect much really. 

Edited by Delphi
  • Love 5
(edited)

Other ridiculous things I noted down while watching:

- Aladdin and Jasmine, Geniuses Extraordinaire, decided to row a boat out to who knows where so they could drop the lamp overboard?  Was that their reasoning?

- Emma and David were going to spend the evening digitizing files.  Surely, using magic, right?  Why isn't Emma asking Regina what she can do to help break the Curse?

- How many times have we heard someone say "I recognize that look" (when Jasmine interpreted Hook's facial expressions).  I have never said that to anyone in my entire life.  

- "Hiding behind the guilt is the coward's answer"  Having no guilt is courageous, right?

- "You may die on the Nautilus someday. But not today."   Seriously, stop writing these horrible lines.  Who would pause to say this in a life-and-death situation.

- Can Snowing just go around breaking Curses by kissing in front of Cursed objects?  Spinoff potential?

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Delphi said:

More like Storybook's only,  a father/ daughter party of two running the entire police department and the father half was unconscious and when conscious his only expertise is herding sheep and animal shelter volunteering.   You can't expect much really. 

This is hilarious!!!! Thanks so much...l desperately needed a laugh today .

• Love 1

It occurred to me that we're missing some important context around Liam's ring to know what exact message Emma should be getting from it. I believe the last time we saw it, Emma was still wearing it. Hook gave it to her after explaining how important to him it was as a way of making sure she knew how he felt and to ensure that she came back to him when she was going to get the flame. She wore it throughout the Underworld adventure and seemed to use it as a totem to remind herself of him. Now the ring is just lying around, which suggests that we've missed a critical scene somewhere, since there hasn't been anything in the show to indicate that either of them would take it off or leave it lying around.

So, did Emma give it back to him at some point, maybe saying, "You need this more than I do if it's what makes you a survivor," but generally as some kind of loving gesture, knowing what it means to him? If so, then him leaving it behind was the "I'm coming back" message. He packed some things to leave, and if the ring was in his possession, then he'd have worn it with all his other pirate flair. But him leaving it behind made it Ben Sisko's baseball (geeky Star Trek DS9 reference), since he knew she knew what it meant and that he would never leave it behind if he were leaving for good. Except she didn't seem to clue in on that.

Or, was the ring still in Emma's possession, something she was still wearing as a kind of promise ring before they got engaged? In which case, she may have been looking at it while she packed his stuff not because she'd found it among his stuff but because she'd just taken it off as part of her overall "I guess we're over" process, and was regarding it one last time before packing it away with his other belongings.

Didn't Colin and Jen mention something about that ring coming up? I seem to recall an interview when they were asked about it and said we'd be seeing it again, that there was one scene they weren't sure would make it, but then it would definitely be important later. Was this where it was important? (though it wasn't really, not that I can tell) Or was this the scene they weren't sure would make it? I feel like we're missing something here, and it's pivotal because it would totally change what the scene we saw meant.

• Love 3
(edited)
32 minutes ago, Shanna Marie said:

I believe the last time we saw it, Emma was still wearing it.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the last time we saw the ring Emma had it. She showed Liam the ring in the Underworld and mentioned that Killian gave it to her. I don't recall another scene where Emma gives it back to Killian, so it does seem like we missed an important scene that would explain why she isn't wearing it. Why would the ring necklace be sitting with Killian's items on its own? Wouldn't one of them be wearing it at all times? If Hook noticed Emma wasn't wearing it anymore, he'd probably put it back on again. The only thing I can conclude is that Emma took it off offscreen because it reminded her too much of Hook.

Edited by Curio

What da hell was that??? This episode, followed by the let us all down finale of Walking Dead together made me want to cancel my cable...luckily Ryan Murphy served up a campy platter of old Hollywood Oscar dirt on "Feud," and saved the day...(thanks Joan and Bette..especially you Joan, you could have really shown Regina how to be an EQ!)

Speaking off, why did we waste so much time with the same old boring EQ when we had a REAL Evil Queen in Jafar? How I would have loved to see Jafar and "looks like he could go any way" Hyde team up to terrorize SB and make it fabulous ...Emma: "Tell me what's coming!" Hyde: "A total makeover of this drab little town, I think Edwardian Drawing Room meets Sultan's Palace.." We had to settle with a boring old retread when we could have had those two throwing shade and chewing the scenery for a nice change.

Once again, this dumb show makes its villains too powerful and its "heroes" too pitiful...if only the villain wasn't an idiot there is no way they couldn't win...my fave moment was the three of them being put to sleep on that conveniently placed couch and Jasmine saying..."They are heroes!" and I wanted Jafar to say,.."No dear..they are napping!" 

That good ole super poweful one of a kind Twu Wuv kiss from S1..you know, the one that broke the original big bad curse which was the whole point of the show, and why they needed a savior...sure is a dime a dozen isnt it? Why did Emma need to be a savior when anyone who loved someone could just kiss and make it all good.. So now since Jasmine saved her whole city is she a savior too..??? Why is anyone ever cursed when they just have to find someone to kiss..are there any rules to this dumb thing that has become a convenient cure all for our lazy writers? And why didn't Jasmine throw Jafarwalkingstick into the nearest fire?Why are these characters so idiotic at all times? Also, I would think that Belle and Gold kiss..why hasnt that cured his curse since it almost did before??? Why do I continue to watch this when its just Hate Watching??

The Black Fairy looks good and kinda scary looking so that's a plus.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Curio said:

The only thing I conclude is that Emma took it off offscreen because it reminded her too much of Hook.

This is one of those things that would have been an easy fix. If this was the case, then why not show her taking off the ring, looking at it, and then putting it in the trunk? The ring already off, sitting on a table, is too ambiguous. It makes it look too much like "Hey, Hook left his last reminder of his beloved big brother, so obviously he's not gone for good!" And that makes Emma look worse here for not getting it. If we'd seen her wearing the ring and then taking it off to put away, there's less expectation that she should have figured it out for herself.

12 hours ago, KAOS Agent said:

Pretty sure when Nemo went back to his sinking ship he mentioned that he was taking his crew with him. But wasn't the ship sinking and they were all going to die? I was confused about what that was about other than getting Nemo & co. out of the way for the rest of the episode.

That's really bugging me -- I know there's honor and all that, but who really would return to a sinking ship after being rescued, just to die on it? Maybe the issue was that they couldn't repair in time to be able to do what Killian needed them to do, but without the time pressure, they'd have been able to make repairs. With Hook off the ship, they could slowly patch things up. Or maybe there was work that needed to be done on the outside, and before the wish they couldn't get to the outside, but now Nemo and Little Liam and whatever other crew were on the outside could repair the outside and save the ship. Again, all it would have taken was line line of dialogue to clear that up.

• Love 1
(edited)

I think we're meant to assume the rest of the crew were also teleported to the island, just not in the same area as Hook, Nemo, Liam, Aladdin and Jasmine since they were in the same room together and just get transported to the same area together.  

How they plan to make repairs to the Nautilus, I do not know.

Edited by Mathius

I would like to assume the crew just ended up on a different part of the island, and the Nautilus is ready for repairs, but you never show with this show. If this show has taught me anything, its that people are incapable of caring about the death of anyone whos names they do not know, or haven't met personally. Or, at least, they're not supposed to care about them.

Gideon makes absolutely no sense as a villain, as of now. Normally I would try to give the writers the benefit of the doubt and say he has a plan we just haven't seen yet, but here? His motivations and actions are completely inconsistent and overly complex. So, off screen, he decided he doesn't want to kill Emma and become the Savior, he wants to make her cry and get her to kill the Fairy? Huh? When did that change? Why? It seems like they're trying to say that he's crazy, or that he's operating on some weird sense of morality that we don't get, but even that isn't making sense. You can have a villain whos actions are hard to figure out because they're unbalanced or they're actions only make sense to them, but you have to at least explain their perspective! All we get from Gideon this season is endless whining and stupidity.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Mitch said:

And why didn't Jasmine throw Jafarwalkingstick into the nearest fire?Why are these characters so idiotic at all times?

LOL!  I was cringing that Ariel kept holding that ugly walking stick for several scenes afterwards.  And then Hook (I think?) just put it in some random storekeeper's basket as they were walking through the market?  

• Love 5
6 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

So, off screen, he decided he doesn't want to kill Emma and become the Savior, he wants to make her cry and get her to kill the Fairy?

And maybe for the next episode, they'll reveal that this overly complex plan is even more complex and it was all done to make her think he doesn't want to kill her but really he still wants to kill her! Wow what a twist!

• Love 4

I was pretty sure I heard Nemo say he was going back to salvage the Nautilus. I therefore agree with those above that the rest of the crew just didn't show up on camera, but is on the island elsewhere, looking sadly and helplessly from the shore at the tip of their periscope till Nemo and Liam show up to provide the necessary strength to haul the ship above the water and leadership to repair it. (Also, when it sank it hit a kraken, damaged one of its tentacles and the kraken bled through the hole made by the damaged thingy until there was a still-usable pool of kraken blood caught in the thingy's cup holder, then swam away, but that's less warranted by the actual script.)

So that whole enormous fuss about the cloaked figure stabbing Emma as her inevitable destiny has now just faded out with that little fight in the street where, well, she wasn't stabbed, and now Gideon has the more rational idea of just asking her to help him (with the unnecessary and character-damaging stratagems to force her to). Okay, then. It would be a promising storyline to see the Black Fairy's realm and how she has imbued it with unspeakable evil, get a sense of how Gideon suffered growing up there (with Flashbacks!!), and have our main characters nobly fight there to defeat the Black Fairy and make the place good, but do they have enough time left to do justice to this? If they were building up to this as the plot of next season, it would be a good one in my opinion, but I don't trust them these days to sustain any plot competently over more than one or two episodes.

• Love 4
39 minutes ago, XrystalPond said:

This episode should have been called Plan B. Everyone made these elaborate plans and nothing worked. Rather than tweak and repeat, it was Chuck it and move on. 

That really pinpoints why the "adventure" in this episode felt so slap-dash.  The characters kept changing their methodology and pulling new solutions out of thin air every 10 minutes.  It's like those games where each person writes a few lines of a story.

• Love 3