Type keyword(s) to search

Media: Meemaw Says

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, DanaK said:

Jim Parsons and Mayim Bialik will reprise their roles from "The Big Bang Theory" for this show's series finale. Details are still under wraps

http://thefutoncritic.com/news/2024/03/06/jim-parsons-and-mayim-bialik-to-reprise-their-roles-from-the-big-bang-theory-in-the-young-sheldon-series-finale-on-may-16-140012/20240306cbs01/

I’m hoping we get an Older Cooper Family Reunion! And maybe we’ll finally get to see their kids!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

There goes my hope that after Sheldon & Mary return from Germany, the family gets Memaw's house situation resolved, Georgie, Mandy & CeCe get their own place & everybody is in a good space.  

And we don't have voiceovers or any reference to what eventually happens to George. 

I'm not looking forward to it.  

On 3/6/2024 at 2:02 PM, DanaK said:

Jim Parsons and Mayim Bialik will reprise their roles from "The Big Bang Theory" for this show's series finale. Details are still under wraps

http://thefutoncritic.com/news/2024/03/06/jim-parsons-and-mayim-bialik-to-reprise-their-roles-from-the-big-bang-theory-in-the-young-sheldon-series-finale-on-may-16-140012/20240306cbs01/

Sounds to me like it's going to be part of a "flash forward" montage at the end of the series similar to what was done on the finale of "The Middle".

• Like 1
4 hours ago, aqusdealer said:

Georgie and Mandy spinoff officially ordered 

:-|     (That's a "Meh" emoji.)

• Like 1

Annie Potts says she was 'shocked' by Young Sheldon cancellation: 'Such a stupid business move'

Potts continued, "Forgive me, but I don’t know. If a show is starting to drag or lag or have a lack of stories or whatever, then you kind of see it coming. We were totally ambushed by this."

I guess I am really surprised that some of the actors involved would have been surprised!  I mean from the time YS went on the air we all knew, barring a major retcon, that George dies when Sheldon is 14.  That always seemed like a natural end date for the show. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Dimity said:

Annie Potts says she was 'shocked' by Young Sheldon cancellation: 'Such a stupid business move'

I guess I am really surprised that some of the actors involved would have been surprised!  I mean from the time YS went on the air we all knew, barring a major retcon, that George dies when Sheldon is 14.  That always seemed like a natural end date for the show. 

I think that some/many of the cast just figured they would find a way to keep the gravy train rolling even if it meant "freezing" time despite the young actors obviously aging. I mean as much as I agree that this is a good creative and business move (you leave the audience wanting more and have two winners plus a new spin off that has good odds of being profitable while preserving the value of two hits) I'm not sure I would agree if it meant I stopped getting big checks while working with a great cast and some all time greats as guest stars and recurring. It must be especially hard emotionally given all of the disruption with COVID and the strikes. I probably would prefer to keep having fun and making lots of money and then criticize the bosses after they keep it going too long myself.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Dimity said:

I can't get over this.  One would think Chuck Lorre would have prepared them for this.  The show wasn't really cancelled, it was ended intentionally, I presume by its producers and creators.  If all of us at home have been preparing for the show ending now for years it makes no sense that some of its biggest starts were blindsided by it unless for some reason Annie Potts wants us to think that or maybe they were given a different impression.

Also, I can't imagine that the spin-off wouldn't have at least some appearances from Meemaw and some of Georgie's relatives.  It makes no sense that it would feature Georgie and Mandy and her family and no one else from YS.  The more I hear about the whole thing the less sense it makes.

• Like 2

CBS Announces Its 2024-2025 Primetime Schedule

GEORGIE & MANDY'S FIRST MARRIAGE (Thursday, 8:00-8:30 PM)

GEORGIE & MANDY'S FIRST MARRIAGE, the sequel to YOUNG SHELDON, follows Georgie (Montana Jordan) and Mandy (Emily Osment) as they raise their young family in Texas while navigating the challenges of adulthood, parenting and marriage.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
(edited)
41 minutes ago, Frost said:

That has to be one of the stupidest titles I've ever heard.

And are they trying to retcon the way Sheldon spoke about Georgie and his multiple girls friends and  marriages on BBT?  Because even in the finale of BBT he mentions  hearing from two of Georgie's ex wives after he wins the Nobel.  So they can just miss me with that "Sheldon doesn't always remember things the way they were" crap.

Taking rest of my rant over to the historical nitpick thread!

Edited by Dimity
  • Like 3
10 minutes ago, Frost said:

1 minute ago, Dimity said:

And are they trying to retcon the way Sheldon spoke about Georgie and his multiple girls friends and  marriages on BBT?  Because even in the finale of BBT he mentions  hearing from two of Georgie's ex wives after he wins the Nobel.  So they can just miss me with that "Sheldon doesn't always remember things the way they were" crap.

I posted about this on the "TBBT vs Young Sheldon: Nitpicks, Anomalies, and Historical Facts In An Evolving Universe, presented by Sheldon L. Cooper" thread.

But, yeah, it could obviate the need for a retcon if Mandy & Georgie get divorced at the end of the series so Georgie can marry…?
I don't know.
Maybe there's an immigrant couple, and they get pregnant, and Georgie marries her so she can work towards citizenship in a few years, divorce Georgie, and marry the baby's daddy? 
The hijinx of hiding out from the INS doesn't sound particularly amusing, so I don't foresee a spinoff of the spinoff of the spinoff.

On 4/30/2024 at 2:08 PM, Dimity said:

By around season 4, that's what I thought. However, if they changed the name of the show, and kept the story going, I would keep watching. It would be a sad few episodes at first, but I would match rather watch a season of Georgie stepping up, taking on more responsible and helping his family get through George's death as opposed to the Georgie and Mandy spin-off. 

As crazy as it sounds, partway through the series, Sheldon became the least interesting character in the series. I would totally watch the further adventures of the Coopers. With Missy still in the picture, you could still have Paige appear a few times a season. Paige is just as close to Missy as she is with Sheldon. 

• Like 2
On 5/2/2024 at 6:30 PM, Frost said:

It’s definitely one of the most awkward-sounding

1 minute ago, DanaK said:

FYI, CBS will replay the first 2 episodes of the series this coming Monday

I saw that promo. They were babies!

• Like 1
(edited)

Finale preview. The pictures of Jim with Ian at the beginning and now...wow, how much the kids have grown.

Edited by ams1001
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
On 5/9/2024 at 10:16 PM, DanaK said:

FYI, CBS will replay the first 2 episodes of the series this coming Monday

On 5/9/2024 at 10:18 PM, SoMuchTV said:

I saw that promo. They were babies!

That prompted me to check, and all but the current season are on Netflix. I rewatched the pilot - what a blast from the past! And Missy was maybe even more sassy than “current” Missy. 

• Like 2

I love that preview clip! It was a little weird to hear Lance and Zoe without the Texas accent, though. And it definitely confirmed that Montana has been using his 100% natural accent this entire time!

• Like 1

anyone catch iain appearance with colbert in last night’s late show? very brief — just a minute or two at the opening. iain becoming a young colbert 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
45 minutes ago, wonderwoman said:

anyone catch iain appearance with colbert in last night’s late show? very brief — just a minute or two at the opening. iain becoming a young colbert

I saw it on YouTube.  I hope that Iain has a great future ahead of him with whatever direction he takes.  I think that he's always been enamored with Broadway.  

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, Chit Chat said:

I saw it on YouTube.  I hope that Iain has a great future ahead of him with whatever direction he takes.  I think that he's always been enamored with Broadway.  

from stephen soneheim’s 90th birthday — after the credits@2:18 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, wonderwoman said:

from stephen soneheim’s 90th birthday — after the credits@2:18 

Thanks!  Annie Potts said in an interview that he knows the words to everything!!

Honestly, Colbert's childhood would make an interstring show. He had a zillion siblings,  parents who marched for civil rights while he was in the womb, his dad and two brothers died in a plane crash when he was a kid... the drama would be endless.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1