Type keyword(s) to search

Media: Meemaw Says

• Start Topic

On 5/1/2022 at 4:13 PM, januaryman said:

According to the stills from the season finale we'll be getting a Sheldon/Missy scene as

Hide contents

Sheldon faces puberty

But is testicles didn't descend until he was 15.

• LOL 3
19 hours ago, ProudMary said:

Wow, the trailer reminds you of just how fraught with problems the Cooper family is right now. Honestly, this does not bode well for comedy in the upcoming season.

If I were in charge of the plot development for the show, I’d be very tempted to walk back the George and Mary marital problems just to watch the social media fans, show frenemies, and trolls duke it out online and see what future seems to be the favorite.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 4
40 minutes ago, januaryman said:

Will they still try to pass the twins off as 12? Iain's latest voice change will be jarring to some viewers, but it was jarring to me to see the young episodes for the first time last year. I'm still looking forward to new episodes.

Unless they somehow time skipped and we see Mandy holding a baby, then no. Looks like we pick right up where we left off.

Sasso is playing Jim McCallister, Mandy’s good-natured father who owns the local tire store.

Hmm.  Coincidence or a sign of things to come for Georgie, aka Dr. Tire?

And

The news that Mandy is having Georgie’s baby has put Jim in the crossfire between his pregnant daughter and stubborn wife.

Another married couple straight out of Lorre-Land.  The domineering wife and the henpecked husband.  Great, just great.

Edited by Elizabeth Anne
  • Sad 1
On 10/26/2022 at 4:51 PM, Elizabeth Anne said:

Hmm.  Coincidence or a sign of things to come for Georgie, aka Dr. Tire?

And

Another married couple straight out of Lorre-Land.  The domineering wife and the henpecked husband.  Great, just great.

Yes, another Lorre ballbuster.

Edited by Tom Holmberg
3 minutes ago, Tom Holmberg said:

I heard today that (HBO) Max is going to make a TBBT spin-off following Leonard and Penny as parents.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/new-big-bang-theory-series-in-the-works-at-max-1235372259/

https://uproxx.com/tv/big-bang-theory-spin-off-hbo-max/

These👆and similar articles are not definitive about casting, that is:
To cast or to recast, whether 'tis nobler to offer the original cast obscene amounts of money, that is the non-Shakespearean question.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
3 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/new-big-bang-theory-series-in-the-works-at-max-1235372259/

https://uproxx.com/tv/big-bang-theory-spin-off-hbo-max/

These👆and similar articles are not definitive about casting, that is:
To cast or to recast, whether 'tis nobler to offer the original cast obscene amounts of money, that is the non-Shakespearean question.

After all those quotes from Chuck about not continuing BBT unless the entire cast was in it I doubt he'd want to re-cast Leonard and Penny in a spin-off.  He even says it's not about the money for him.  I can't see the audience going for that either.  But the entire cast doesn't have to be in a spin-off.  And I'm sure their salaries would be worth it because these shows are gold mines.  This is great news!

6 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

After all those quotes from Chuck about not continuing BBT unless the entire cast was in it I doubt he'd want to re-cast Leonard and Penny in a spin-off.  He even says it's not about the money for him.  I can't see the audience going for that either.  But the entire cast doesn't have to be in a spin-off.  And I'm sure their salaries would be worth it because these shows are gold mines.  This is great news!

Yes to all of the above.
Plus, most of the OG cast have kept busy (which is good) but not too busy — which might be even better for the odds of them wanting to join such a project.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Tom Holmberg said:

I heard today that (HBO) Max is going to make a TBBT spin-off following Leonard and Penny as parents.

They only announced that the new series is set in the BBT universe and Variety says it will be one hour episodes. That makes me think it’s going to be a Young Sheldon spin-off dramedy. It would be hard to spin off any of the BBT characters in a dramedy. 

On 4/13/2023 at 6:31 PM, shapeshifter said:

Yes to all of the above.
Plus, most of the OG cast have kept busy (which is good) but not too busy — which might be even better for the odds of them wanting to join such a project.

The women seem to be the busiest!  All three have series, and Mayim also has Jeopardy. Her series was just cancelled, though. 

21 minutes ago, januaryman said:

Only 4 months or so since they shot the finale and Iain already looks 4 years older:

If you didn't tell me that was him I would never know it!

• Like 1
(edited)

Wow! It was already gonna be hard enough to explain how much he’s grown from the normal summer break but now that it’s indefinite due to the dual strikes, how on earth can they possibly ignore this? Are they gonna have to time skip?

Edited by anna0852
On 7/30/2023 at 7:29 PM, anna0852 said:

Wow! It was already gonna be hard enough to explain how much he’s grown from the normal summer break but now that it’s indefinite due to the dual strikes, how on earth can they possibly ignore this? Are they gonna have to time skip?

I was wondering that too!  And based on the picture in @Tom Holmberg post Sheldon does not look like someone who just turned 13 (not that he did last year either).  I am thinking they will have to time jump or change the child playing that baby as well!

• Like 2
On 9/26/2023 at 4:24 PM, Laura Holt said:

I was wondering that too!  And based on the picture in @Tom Holmberg post Sheldon does not look like someone who just turned 13 (not that he did last year either).  I am thinking they will have to time jump or change the child playing that baby as well!

Yes and yes, although fortunately Ian had a rounded, baby face, and Sheldon from TBBT was very tall.

• Like 1

With news that the strike has tentatively been settled I am anxiously waiting for some indication as to when we can expect to see new episodes of Young Sheldon!  As noted upthread the longer this takes the less Sheldon and Missy are going to be able to pass for 13!