Type keyword(s) to search

Media: Meemaw Says

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, ProudMary said:

Although I knew that Zoe was the daughter of Laurie Metcalf,  I didn't realize that Jeff Perry was her father!

Oh wow, TIL!  I knew she was married to someone before she married the actor who played Fisher, but I never googled him before.

I just got done reading the recaps from the Daily Mail (didn't really realize it was from the UK) because I haven't seen the show yet, and I was FLOORED at the comments people left, talking about how awful the show is, and how the acting is terrible...They even trashed the cute little guy who plays the lead.....

Don't these people have any sense of humor?

Go here and scroll down to see the comments.....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-5559635/Young-Sheldon-recap-Jason-Alexander-guest-stars-Sheldon-rebels-losing-science-fair.html

1 hour ago, GrtGzu said:

I just got done reading the recaps from the Daily Mail (didn't really realize it was from the UK) because I haven't seen the show yet, and I was FLOORED at the comments people left, talking about how awful the show is, and how the acting is terrible...They even trashed the cute little guy who plays the lead.....

Don't these people have any sense of humor?

Go here and scroll down to see the comments.....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-5559635/Young-Sheldon-recap-Jason-Alexander-guest-stars-Sheldon-rebels-losing-science-fair.html

Insanity!

• Love 1

At PaleyFest LA on March 21, 2018, the cast and creative team of Young Sheldon talk about the rewards of their journey over the past year, the "family feel" on and off the set, and the Cooper family casting process, including Iain Armitage's (Sheldon Cooper) impressive audition.

• Love 2

No. In fact, now I'm dreading that season 3 will have so much more Pastor Jeff. I don't really like that character. I think his chain-smoking secretary is funny, though.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, kariyaki said:

No. In fact, now I'm dreading that season 3 will have so much more Pastor Jeff. I don't really like that character. I think his chain-smoking secretary is funny, though.

And more Pastor means more church scenes and less Coopers. 

6 hours ago, anna0852 said:

Hopefully it translates to more 'Mary at work' scenes and more 'Pastor Jeff in the Cooper home' scenes.

Hopefully we'll see more of the police officer whom Mary introduced him to.  Maybe there'll be a wedding. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, anna0852 said:

Hopefully it translates to more 'Mary at work' scenes and more 'Pastor Jeff in the Cooper home' scenes.

Actually I prefer less Mary at work and more Mary at home or somewhere else besides the church. But I also prefer more Pastor Jeff in Cooper household than more Pastor in the church too. 

But I still don’t know how they’re going to fit him in 20 minutes. 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, AdyaAnwesha said:

“Young Sheldon” has scored an early renewal for a third and fourth season at CBS, the broadcaster announced Friday.✌️

This is old news from February. The article talks about Big Bang Theory ending in the Spring (which was last spring). As started above, we’ve known the third season starts on  9/26 for months.

12 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

Does anyone know how many episodes short the season will be?  I see that there will be another episode (#20) on the 16th, but can't find anything after that.

Obviously, it's curated by superfans, but the Young Sheldon Wiki Fandom site is showing a total of 22 episodes for Season 3. After next Thursday's 20th episode (April 16th), it's only showing episodes 21 and 22 as airing in May, 2020, although in the Trivia section it says "The season finale will air on May 14, 2020." Unfortunately, it also says, "On March 13, 2020, the third season has suspended the production following the impact of corona-virus (COVID-19) pandemic." I don't know how far along they were in filming before the pandemic hit. Perhaps we won't get the final two slated episodes. 

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, ProudMary said:

Obviously, it's curated by superfans, but the Young Sheldon Wiki Fandom site is showing a total of 22 episodes for Season 3. After next Thursday's 20th episode (April 16th), it's only showing episodes 21 and 22 as airing in May, 2020, although in the Trivia section it says "The season finale will air on May 14, 2020." Unfortunately, it also says, "On March 13, 2020, the third season has suspended the production following the impact of corona-virus (COVID-19) pandemic." I don't know how far along they were in filming before the pandemic hit. Perhaps we won't get the final two slated episodes. 

Fortunately, this is a show where the last two planned episodes of season 3 can easily become the first two episodes of season 4.  

I think they are usually about 6-8 weeks out, which would make it likely that #20 is the last one we'll see until fall.

• Love 1
On 4/10/2020 at 12:55 AM, Beetlepoet said:

I've heard that their set was shut down when they were filming the last episode (episode 22), so season 3 will be 21 episodes. It's confirmed by Lance Barber's mom in Facebook. 

Was it confirmed that there will be 21 episodes or that the filming was shut down during ep 22?  If it is the latter, it is possible that the post production work on e21 was shut down and that episode won't be ready this season.

3 hours ago, OtterMommy said:

Was it confirmed that there will be 21 episodes or that the filming was shut down during ep 22?  If it is the latter, it is possible that the post production work on e21 was shut down and that episode won't be ready this season.

Not officially but episode 20 isn’t being promoted as the finale. It seems likely that 21 will air. 

There was a streamed concert last night, celebrating Stephen Sondheim's 90th (!) birthday by some astonishingly good artists (including some really well-known ones like Bernadette Peters, Mandy Patinkin and Meryl Streep).

Iain Armitage took part - he doesn't do a full-out performance, but there's some absolutely charming footage of him as a very young kid singing "Finishing the Hat", as well as some thoughtful remarks about his own situation, his background, and the charitable purpose of the concert.  His contribution starts around the 31 minute mark.

I highly recommend the whole concert. Haven't finished watching it yet! but I hear that the "Ladies Who Lunch" segment (with Streep, Christine Baranski and Audra MacDonald) is a major highlight.

It's online here (I don't know for how long): 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

re iain’s performance in the sondheim tribute:

Spoiler

you have to watch all the way to the end (past the credits) for the final number. ‘i’m still here,’ from follies, which opens with iain. watching a boy whose voice hasn’t changed sing such a world-weary song was, shall we say, ironic — and very funny.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2